PDA

View Full Version : [XB1] Game crash reverted half my base back to original state!

bmanizzal
08-10-2016, 03:24 PM
Last night after the update I had two friends join and we where continuing to work on our base and defend it at the same time and the game crashed. Right before the crash we noticed that we were getting attacked by a group of about 7 or 8 zombies. When killing them a few of them started to flicker and glitch out then POOF the game crashed. I started the game back up and invited the other 2 players to join and we noticed that some of the base reverted back to the original state and we lost chest full of weapon and weapon parts all above 500 in value. We then noticed that some of our walls have been reverted back too.

Let me break down where we are and our settings

- Platform Xbox One
- Zombie spawn Normal after the patch but very high before patch.
- Difficulty Survivor
- Zombie never run
- Private survival multiplayer
- Block durability 100
- Highest airdrop rate
- Airdrops are marked
- Enemy memory 30
- Replenish Rate every 5 days

We took over the poplin pills hospital in the center of the map in Diersville. We have built up all the walls to the highest version (Steel Forge) also added and outside perimeter all concrete. We replaced many doors (Which randomly get replaced with the original) and built unground escape tunnel which also got randomly filled back in after the crash. Plus plenty other of issues.

I will not repeat the lag comments as we all know they are there. The lighting in our opinion is better. It doesn't looked washed out. We have also before this patch lost many fully loaded minibike after crashes. I think the count is over 12 now. All with baskets and baskets full. There are boxes in the world that don't replenish anymore before and after the update. We lost all weapons in our storage units.

I would like to invite and developer to join our game and look around and we would like to explain what happened to better assist you with fixing this game. We love to play it very much but the bugs are winning the battle and it is becoming unplayable.

LMK if this is an option and email me or find me on Xbox Live. My Gamer tag is Bmanizzal. Thanks for your time and I hoped this helped.

Leafsomniac
08-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Bro. I really hope you have a backup. Always, constantly backup this game.

What you describe here is the bug fix for ppl that got corrupted saves because there was a glitch in their map.
Sounds to me like the zombies partially fell through your map which caused a game crash (prior this update this wouldn't have meant corrupt save file). The fix they did was that those cells would reset.

Thus instead of an unplayable game you now have a semi-reset base :')
I'm sorry to hear of your situation man. You need to revert to your latest backup. I did it too recently after my minibike vanished, since I always backup I was lucky to only lose a day or 2 of game time.

DaysDead
08-12-2016, 02:33 AM
When you figure out how to backup a game on the Xbox please let everyone in the world know, it would be of great use for many games.

Leafsomniac
08-18-2016, 12:13 PM
When you figure out how to backup a game on the Xbox please let everyone in the world know, it would be of great use for many games.

I don't like microsoft so I don't have an Xbox.
I'm not familiar with anything related to Xbox, but from your reply it seems not to be possible which is retarded.

a4twenty
08-20-2016, 11:05 AM

ahh the cloud, supposed to make gaming so much better........

i'm having the exact same issue with one of my forward bases, every time i come back there's blocks / doors missing that cant be replaced and original doors have been placed behind my doors.

sadly, this is just an annoyance compared to the rest of the problems since the patch.

Greybeard
08-22-2016, 08:45 AM
Oddly, when I axe a door down, leading into a store, then I leave some distance then return later, the door is back! Boarded up and everything! I found I could immediately replace the door with one of my own, and it wouldn't revert back to the original door. Just tossing this into the mix.

Clare
08-24-2016, 01:57 PM
Could anyone experiencing this issue give me the following info...

Gamertag/PSN username > Map Type > Map Name

If you don't want to post stuff publicly you can PM me the info.
Thanks,
Clare