PDA

View Full Version : [SAVE DATA REQUEST] Post PATCH 2 issues

Clare
08-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Hi all,

The team have asked for those of you who are on PS4 and experiencing issues with accessing Online Multiplayer, would you be willing to send us you save files so they can analyse them?

Similarly anyone who still cannot access their Building Environment Save, or who experiences the issue after updating, would you also be willing to send us you PS4 save files?

XBOX players don't panic, this will all benefit you too, the only reason I ask for PS4 files is because we can grab and transfer them so easily.

If you are able to send us files, please use the instructions below and in the body of the email give a brief description of which file set you are sending.

How to get the file:

Updated instructions:
1) Turn on PS4
2) Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the PS4.
3) In the main menu, go to “Settings”
4) Click on “Application Saved Data Management”
5) Select “Saved Data in System Storage”
6) Select "Copy to USB Storage Device"
7) Select 7 Days to Die
8) Select all files and press "Copy"
9) Wait until transfer is complete
10) Remove External Drive
11) Zip up all files copied to USB drive including ".bin" and "Profile" files
12) Upload the files to your Dropbox or other cloud file service
13) Email the download link to [email protected]

Thanks guys, We want to get these sorted ASAP,
Clare

Edit: Any bugs or questions submitted through that email will not be replied to. Everything else needs to be put in the forum as normal - Thanks

Kakarott06
08-11-2016, 01:25 PM
Thanks for all the hard work guys. Cant wait to get back playing this with my cousin and wife once the multiplayer has been fixed. We cannot get enough of this game.😍😁
Thanks for the update Clare

buffalobils113
08-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Errors I noticed on Xbox one
To Dark during daylight hours.
Flashlight (maybe nit an error, but it messes with you)
Split screen-been kicked several times, have not pin pointed a reason for it. Open a door one time or running around the next, just seems to crash.

Otherwise, the new lighting is amazing, love your work, keep it up :)

Breeece
08-12-2016, 12:20 AM
I'd like to send my Xbox one savedata because I've had SO many issues as well & i believe it would really help to see what was up with my game. I know you said PS4 but i think it'd be worth a shot for us xbox players too.

Acoons1
08-12-2016, 01:47 AM
Hey Clare, I'm currently having a major freak out. I'm playing on Xbox one, and my cousins and I have put 90+ hours into our game. The seed name was Dystopia. I was playing it earlier today and I shut my Xbox off for a few hours and I just came on and when i go to continue game, it doesn't show up. I know I didn't delete it it, but I can't even see it anymore. Please, if there is anything I can do to recover that file, please let me know. My friends and I have enjoyed playing this game so much and we were really set up well. Thanks.

Clare
08-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Anyone reporting issues different to the ones mentioned above, could you please start a new bug report using the guide in the sticky https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting so I can get as much information as possible about your issue and I can contact you directly in your thread rather than juggling multiple issues here.

Thanks,
Clare

Kidliquid01
08-12-2016, 02:34 PM
How about fixing the game breaking bugs already reported or giving everyone an ETA on a fix before chasing down new bugs?

kadiusdar
08-12-2016, 06:28 PM
How about fixing the game breaking bugs already reported or giving everyone an ETA on a fix before chasing down new bugs?

They have fixed the two biggest game breaking bugs, so what are you referring to? They've fixed the corrupted maps not loading (and are now collecting data on anyone who still can't load maps), and fixed the crashing while collecting water.

Personally, I want to thank and congratulate Iron Galaxy on the job they've done so far! Porting such a game to console isn't easy, and bug hunting is a difficulty in a world of it's own! And thank you, Clare, for keeping us informed!

rabbit89dlx
08-13-2016, 09:00 AM
Finally fixen x1 multiplayer -.-

DestroyWayne
08-14-2016, 04:08 AM
Personally, I want to thank and congratulate Iron Galaxy on the job they've done so far! Porting such a game to console isn't easy, and bug hunting is a difficulty in a world of it's own! And thank you, Clare, for keeping us informed!

I second this statement!

Danpeet91
08-14-2016, 08:22 PM
Hi all,

The team have asked for those of you who are on PS4 and experiencing issues with accessing Online Multiplayer, would you be willing to send us you save files so they can analyse them?

Similarly anyone who still cannot access their Building Environment Save, or who experiences the issue after updating, would you also be willing to send us you PS4 save files?

XBOX players don't panic, this will all benefit you too, the only reason I ask for PS4 files is because we can grab and transfer them so easily.

If you are able to send us files, please use the instructions below and in the body of the email give a brief description of which file set you are sending.

How to get the file:

Updated instructions:
1) Turn on PS4
2) Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the PS4.
3) In the main menu, go to “Settings”
4) Click on “Application Saved Data Management”
5) Select “Saved Data in System Storage”
6) Select "Copy to USB Storage Device"
7) Select 7 Days to Die
8) Select all files and press "Copy"
9) Wait until transfer is complete
10) Remove External Drive
11) Zip up all files copied to USB drive including ".bin" and "Profile" files
12) Upload the files to your Dropbox or other cloud file service
13) Email the download link to [email protected]

Thanks guys, We want to get these sorted ASAP,
Clare

Edit: Any bugs or questions submitted through that email will not be replied to. Everything else needs to be put in the forum as normal - Thanks

Are you paying these people? As they are basically the "game testers" without all these complaints, details and saved files. The game would of been dead by now. I thank everyone who post their problems as its helped the team of 7 days pull their finger out. The game has such potential and hate seeing it fail in many area's, after the latest patch. Another is already needed, I have blocks disappearing/invisible. Been kicked out of my own game twice today in the space of an hour.

NavezGuy
08-15-2016, 03:28 PM
Are you paying these people? As they are basically the "game testers" without all these complaints, details and saved files. The game would of been dead by now. I thank everyone who post their problems as its helped the team of 7 days pull their finger out. The game has such potential and hate seeing it fail in many area's, after the latest patch. Another is already needed, I have blocks disappearing/invisible. Been kicked out of my own game twice today in the space of an hour.

It is still in Alpha. Being able to play and enjoy the game, bug free, will be be better than getting paid.

Danpeet91
08-15-2016, 10:59 PM
It is still in Alpha. Being able to play and enjoy the game, bug free, will be be better than getting paid.

It should state "preview" like ark, that one word would ease people's minds and allow them to be more patient and/or overlook the minor bugs, now we (the audience/players) have to help fix it, sending them the saved games etc... clearly shows they are clueless as to what is happening, Don't get me wrong, I love the game (which is why it's frustrating), but I'd rather they delayed the release date and wait, rather than play it for countless hours then all of a sudden the game has a seizure and fails to function properly. After a 3rd time my long time spent game got stuck on "building environment" I neglected it. (Then the update) went back on it, it worked (made my day) then....... more in excusable bugs. It's like a bad relationship, just when you think it's all going smooth. You get hit in the face unexpectedly.

JustSomeGuy
08-16-2016, 05:15 AM
I was gonna point out about this. How we should submit our save game files to you guys, so that you can actually find out what's really going on with the problems that we've been having. It's Skyrim on the PS3 all over again! But thanks Clare and the rest of the team! Hope the game gets fixed real soon and we can all enjoy killing zombies again!

sethix
08-19-2016, 08:50 AM
It should state "preview" like ark, that one word would ease people's minds and allow them to be more patient and/or overlook the minor bugs, now we (the audience/players) have to help fix it, sending them the saved games etc... clearly shows they are clueless as to what is happening, Don't get me wrong, I love the game (which is why it's frustrating), but I'd rather they delayed the release date and wait, rather than play it for countless hours then all of a sudden the game has a seizure and fails to function properly. After a 3rd time my long time spent game got stuck on "building environment" I neglected it. (Then the update) went back on it, it worked (made my day) then....... more in excusable bugs. It's like a bad relationship, just when you think it's all going smooth. You get hit in the face unexpectedly.

Ark was forbidden in ps4 cause is unfinish... Bad example. 3years of devlopement and 2 months on console for that how could we be more patient. Just a question how manu money was spend to the devlopement of Game and how many for the marketing?

L3G3ND_PG_FCB
08-19-2016, 12:36 PM
Do you already know about when a patch is to fix the problems ps4 ? For the time makes the game not really a lot of fun .

Bigbadcharizard
08-21-2016, 03:09 AM
It sure is cool to see you guys working so hard to fix this

JustSomeGuy
08-22-2016, 07:05 AM
Can we at least get an ETA on when will the next patch come out? I'm hoping it'll fix the multiplayer issue that my buddy is having. He can't even get in most of the time and he still keeps getting kick. Latest patch didn't do much to help it get fixed.

Canyon757
08-22-2016, 01:47 PM
It sure is cool to see you guys working so hard to fix this

^^ Yes it is! Have never seen so much interaction between game devs community manager (Clare) and their fan base! It is awesome that they pay attention to us.

biggtiming
09-07-2016, 07:42 AM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned the new bug with the ladders that when you climb down a ladder your hunger and thirst drops like a rock. I thought this update would bring npc traders and more good things yet it brought more problems.

The lag is fixed thank you now I can't search ferals and cops because they deteriorate quicker so I have to leave them till the absolute last before I can kill them so thanks for that. Why can't the zombies drop what they are carrying when they die? My character drops all his stuff when he dies.

The birds nests looks so pretty now thank you for making them look better I really couldn't stand the look of them before that's the best patch work done on this game so far (sarcastically).:bi_polo:

BlueFoxAngel
09-09-2016, 03:42 AM
Ok we really love this game which is why this is so disappointing that when the highly anticipated patch that was said to fix the major game changing issues did not do that. Yes the lighting is incredibly better and my miners Helmet doesn't make everything darker (it seemed) but that's about all it helped. Surviving a blood moon is pointless now because by the time you kill the horde most of the reward is gone. I'd honestly rather have the lag. The fact that we can't pick up what they drop still is just crap. Our MAIN issue with what was happening before what EVERYTIME the game crashed one of us lost our minibike. I was told that would be resolved in this new patch......needless to say that was WRONG.....actually it was the opposite of what happened. Now we BOTH loose our minibikes. Both of which had all purple items and were FULL of supplies we just collected. And unless I haven't noticed cars don't just respawn...so logically if I keep losing minibikes and cars don't respawn eventually I will no longer be able to build minibikes. And I won't lie that will cause us to quit playing. We are trying very hard to be patient but when a patch comes out that only makes things worseem it makes it very hard to stay that way. I beg you PLEASE ACTUALLY FIX THIS STUFF ASAP! Preferably not weeks from now. Thank you.

HOWIDOES
09-14-2016, 10:33 PM
I have a local coop map that crashes 3 mins in.. Were on day 70 something. What can I do ? Can I send this in?

Eddyjr2008
09-15-2016, 12:58 AM
I have a local coop map that crashes 3 mins in.. Were on day 70 something. What can I do ? Can I send this in?

Send in a bug report in the Console bug report section. Randomness won't get an answer as quick.