PDA

View Full Version : [XB1] Xbox MP connection issue

AJ 1PCO
08-09-2016, 09:29 PM
Since we have updated the game friends can't join in MP. Out of my other 3 friends only one can join. We have even tried setting up new games but to no avail plus some of our other 7DTD games are not working. Anybody else having this issue and can anyone help. Getting so tired of starting over or not being able to play with friends.
P.s private MP, Nav- Scavenger- Never run - 18 hrs

UPDATE Set up a new random gen game but only lets one player join, constantly kicks other players after loading into the game.

PeLoar
08-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Same problem here.. started tonight after the patch. If my friend starts a new game i can join no problem, but the game i started where we are 40 days in he keeps getting disconnected from the server

Sgtdingle
08-09-2016, 09:47 PM
Same problem get off your arses as fix this problem NOW!!!!!!!!

jokerjackflash
08-11-2016, 09:24 PM
Same issue with me too, friend can't join and I essentially can't go on the game because it is pretty hard surviving by yourself when the game is accommodated for more than one person, someone really needs to sort this out quick

Groweller
08-12-2016, 07:15 AM
Since the update I've had two issues...
1) cobblestone frames are now invisible when being placed.
2) my friends can no longer join my game and I can't join theirs. Just flashes up 'joined' and 'left' a number of times before being kicked back to menu.
What is going on??
Tried uninstalling and changing character but didn't work...
Any ideas???

Master bump
08-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Hi guys, since the second patch came out me and my friends can't seem to join any multiplayer games, we keep getting disconnected. Does anyone know a way around this or have any news on a new patch, thanks.

ArchAngel123
08-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Hi guys, since the second patch came out me and my friends can't seem to join any multiplayer games, we keep getting disconnected. Does anyone know a way around this or have any news on a new patch, thanks.

Nothing other than the sme old thing saying their working on it and know about the incidents. Said it's the Dev's top priority right now, so. There's no way around it, it's been happening to me too.

Master bump
08-12-2016, 02:24 PM
Nothing other than the sme old thing saying their working on it and know about the incidents. Said it's the Dev's top priority right now, so. There's no way around it, it's been happening to me too.

Thanks for the reply man, appreciate it. Hopefully a weeks time lol

xJoshPointOh
08-15-2016, 04:15 PM
Hello,

Are the servers currently down or something? My girlfriend is the host of our private game. At first when she was inviting me, it wouldn't load me into the game at all. Then it started loading me into the game after trying a dozen times. After about 1-2 minutes it kicks me from the game and says "Connection to the Server has been Lost" or something along those lines. We know about the Clint and Miguel problem where you cannot connect because you are those characters. I started this private game as Clint but I ended up switching to Lee instead when we found out about the Clint and Miguel connection problem. Could it be because I started the game as Clint or is something else going on? My girlfriend is currently going to her internet provider to see what is happening with her internet. It's possible something's wrong with her connection, Comcast is horrible in my honest opinion, but it is also possible it is a server problem or problem with the game. Can anyone give me some answers or more information on this Multiplayer Private Game issue?
:sorrow::dispirited::frown-new::confusion::sulkiness::heart-borken:

Thanks
-Josh

Bigbadcharizard
08-15-2016, 08:07 PM
I've had this problem too. I'm testing tonight if a public game would be better

Hellsmoke
08-17-2016, 07:03 AM
It's not your console or your internet, it's the game. They know about it but it doesn't seem to matter much right now.

Get a refund or wait god knows how long until it gets fixed.

Hellsmoke
08-17-2016, 07:38 AM
Save your time, it was the patch. Me and all my friends have the same issue. Haven't connected since the patch and we reinstalled, reset our routers, made sure ports were open, switched characters and are all connected by wire.

Hellsmoke
08-17-2016, 07:54 AM
Would be nice if we could acknowledge the problem and create a sticky so that people don't waste their time messing with their internet because that clearly isn't the issue here. I bumped a few examples below so we can all agree this began after patch 2 and work on solving the issue as well as providing info for those searching instead of letting them go on a search for a solution that doesn't exist.

Clare
08-17-2016, 08:07 AM
Please see the survey in the console bug reports section asking people for details of their multiplayer game. It is a known issue and the teams are working on it.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47781-08-13-MULTIPLAYER-SURVEY-Questions-about-Multiplayer-issues

Clare

ssgdballl
08-18-2016, 01:46 AM
I love this game, but the last week everytime i join someone elses game it kicks me out between 1 to 5 minutes.
Now I want my money back because it gets boring playing by myself.

I have a digital copy on xbox one, i did the latest update, yesterday i uninstalled an reinstalled everything, I have reset my router, and actually i replaced my modem with a new highspeed one today.

Before last week multiplayer was not an issue.

Is this going to get fixed? Because I have done everything I can think of from my end.

Help

Bigbadcharizard
08-18-2016, 06:59 AM
I have tried everything I can think of and no matter what, my friend and I cannot stay connected in an online private game. Please help. I get kicked when I join his game and vice versa.

xJoshPointOh
08-19-2016, 12:36 AM
Save your time, it was the patch. Me and all my friends have the same issue. Haven't connected since the patch and we reinstalled, reset our routers, made sure ports were open, switched characters and are all connected by wire.

Yeah, we are currently dealing with two walls of bull crap. Comcast, on her end, is being complete garbage crashing constantly. When it is up, I get to enjoy the greatest feature in this game, getting disconnected and rejoining 500 times until we quit! Want some advice? Late at night is when things seem to work best, probably due to lack of server congestion. Earliest time to start is around 9PM Eastern Standard Time. Which means The "Fun" Pimps are just not expanding their servers and making us suffer. But at least we got a second character pack, right? Because that's what matters!

Roland
08-19-2016, 01:19 AM
It's not your console or your internet, it's the game. They know about it but it doesn't seem to matter much right now.

Get a refund or wait god knows how long until it gets fixed.

It matters to them but fixing problems on consoles is a longer process than fixing them on PC. There are hoops to jump through. This is the nature of consoles. But yes, what it comes down to is either getting a refund or waiting for the fix however long that will take. Exactly.

Gearsmo
08-19-2016, 09:48 AM
Its still going on drops me out everytime i try and join a friends game

Hellsmoke
08-19-2016, 01:24 PM
It matters to them but fixing problems on consoles is a longer process than fixing them on PC. There are hoops to jump through. This is the nature of consoles. But yes, what it comes down to is either getting a refund or waiting for the fix however long that will take. Exactly.

I understand there are hoops to jump through which is why it's all the more upsetting that patches aren't properly tested before being released. Been a fan for years and you see no complaints prior to this situation from me because it's completely game breaking. We can not play multiplayer...at all. The game we were all excited about and got loads of people to buy is broken.

I chose not to get a refund btw because I love the game that much. Hope the wait isn't too long. If raging on the Microsoft forums helps please don't hesitate to ask but other than that there isn't much I can do.

I did my part by paying the pc version and the one on xbox including the skin pack.

Hope499
08-19-2016, 02:34 PM
Yes, it is a single player game ONLY.

My friends and I have given up on it completely as of last night.

Hopefully they do a fix before everyone from console moves on.

Hope499
08-19-2016, 02:41 PM
Game is single player ONLY until they fix it.

Go fill out the survey to try and speed things along.

xJoshPointOh
08-20-2016, 06:17 PM
From 11am-1:30pm EST the servers were perfectly fine. Then they went to crap, hopefully that will help and make you realize it's partly a congestion issue with your servers.

Edit: Or whatever you guys did, started to do or continued to do around this time, is part of the issue as well.

Canyon757
08-22-2016, 01:42 PM
My personal experience has been that the private multiplayer works okay if your friends have an uber connection, but if they have a slightly slow connection speed (ie the standard 3 or 5 mb cable connection) then they will have issues staying connected to the private multiplayer. As for not being able to connect, I know that as Clare has stated, it is being worked on.

Please see the survey in the console bug reports section asking people for details of their multiplayer game. It is a known issue and the teams are working on it.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47781-08-13-MULTIPLAYER-SURVEY-Questions-about-Multiplayer-issues

Clare

The Online multiplayer is a catch 22, in being that it only allows 4 players to play together. We are a group of 3 with an occasional 4th, and when a random person joins the server we don't stress to bad until one of the group is trying to get in and there is no room for the original. Most hosts will simply just kill the server thus kicking you out. We message the random person and ask them to please make room for the original.

groundzerouk
08-23-2016, 01:42 PM
Hi guys just wanted to add my findings here aswell me and 3 others between us we can pair up with a specific person but if we mix the partners up we constantly get disconnects and or it wont let us join one another. We all have open nat's and play a large variety of different games together without any hiccups so its definately something to do with this game post most recent patch.