PDA

View Full Version : [08/13][UPDATE] Missing metal letters on XB1

Clare
08-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Hi all,

Some of you noticed that there are no scrap metal letters in the XB1 version of the game. I reported this to the team, and it turns out this is not a bug, but by design. I asked the team for a message to explain why this was the case...

"The content in the online and offline game modes are identical across the PS4 and XB1. There are no fundamental differences between the two. However, since each console has its own account privileges and console restriction settings, the ability to offer a similar Block Lettering text input feature on the XB1 was not achievable. There are no plans to include this functionality in a future patch due to the factors outlined above. We encourage the community to continue to supply feedback and we thank you for your support."

Sorry about the delay in clarifying this.
Clare

BluDPlays
08-13-2016, 12:55 PM
so add a chalk board that you can type with the in game keyboard like minecraft.

Roland
08-13-2016, 03:43 PM
That feature is coming to the PC in alpha 15 so it may show up for console in the future.

Spider
08-13-2016, 03:50 PM
@ Claire

That statement is really confusing.

"since each console has its own account privileges and console restriction settings"

Is this saying that because a person might spell a bad word in and online game XB1 will not get letters? I'm sure your not suggesting that XB1 graphics cant handle a simple static letter. Was that statement written by a politician because they did a really good job at saying a lot with out answering the question.

Clare
08-13-2016, 04:33 PM
@ Claire

That statement is really confusing.

"since each console has its own account privileges and console restriction settings"

Is this saying that because a person might spell a bad word in and online game XB1 will not get letters? I'm sure your not suggesting that XB1 graphics cant handle a simple static letter. Was that statement written by a politician because they did a really good job at saying a lot with out answering the question.

Hi Spider,

Sorry for the confusion, yes I believe it is partially due to people spelling bad words, not because the console cannot handle to graphics.

Clare

BluDPlays
08-13-2016, 05:18 PM
That feature is coming to the PC in alpha 15 so it may show up for console in the future.

ahh sounds good

- - - Updated - - -

also clare i uploaded the video about that glitch, sry to post here, just wasn't sure if youve seen it. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47463-Xbox-one-stuck-on-minibike&p=476893#post476893

Spider
08-13-2016, 06:17 PM
So to be clear in a game that you can chop off a humans arms legs and heads, shoot another human in the head with multiple different types of fire arms , catch players on fire and hear the most perverse profane language talking directly to other players on line. The line is drawn in the sand at spelling the word [email protected]# on a building.

Ahhhh the moral prioritys of the entertainment industry.

I know you have nothing to do with this Claire I just find it funny

Snodacious
08-13-2016, 11:51 PM
Hi all,

Some of you noticed that there are no scrap metal letters in the XB1 version of the game. I reported this to the team, and it turns out this is not a bug, but by design. I asked the team for a message to explain why this was the case...

"The content in the online and offline game modes are identical across the PS4 and XB1. There are no fundamental differences between the two. However, since each console has its own account privileges and console restriction settings, the ability to offer a similar Block Lettering text input feature on the XB1 was not achievable. There are no plans to include this functionality in a future patch due to the factors outlined above. We encourage the community to continue to supply feedback and we thank you for your support."

Clare

I understand your just the messenger, so this isn't directed at you personally.

1) I am finding it hard to believe that this can't be achieved due to the fact Minecraft was able to get around this on Xbox 4 years ago.
2) To all the gamers it is beginning to look like Playstation is getting an exclusive here.
3) How can it be hard to put in the game when there is a book in the game called "Minibikes for Dumb♥♥♥♥s"?

Again I am not directing this at you, but what has been said just adds more questions from the community.

Weasle
08-14-2016, 01:11 AM
So to be clear in a game that you can chop off a humans arms legs and heads, shoot another human in the head with multiple different types of fire arms , catch players on fire and hear the most perverse profane language talking directly to other players on line. The line is drawn in the sand at spelling the word [email protected]# on a building.

Ahhhh the moral prioritys of the entertainment industry.

I know you have nothing to do with this Claire I just find it funny

What is also funny spider is most games disclaimer it if they are online games.

EG:
"Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB." This notice warns those who intend to play the game online about possible exposure to chat (text, audio, video) or other types of user-generated content (e.g., maps, skins) that have not been considered in the ESRB rating assignment.

Well sorry Xbox being too PR.

I know in Playstation I have spelled out lots of crap lmao.

Canyon757
08-16-2016, 12:29 PM
Hi all,

Clare

Okay, if XBone is not getting block letters, then hopefully signs that we can put text on may be a thing?
As a hoarder, and so are my friends....., we are in DIRE need of a solution to our chest organization!
Full in game nights have past while the 3 of us organize stuff!
I am sure our OCD doesn't help.......but a sign would ! :-)

The Red Leader
08-16-2016, 12:52 PM
I'd prefer actual signs anyway, big block letters are a bit too much for me. I would like a book or scrap paper that you could write on though, so you can tell a story of your survival.

1) I am finding it hard to believe that this can't be achieved due to the fact Minecraft was able to get around this on Xbox 4 years ago. .

You can't use profanity on Minecraft on Xbox and removing the signs would just be silly and they can't exactly stop you spelling out words with blocks. In 7DTD the lettering is a bit different as each letter is a separate entity so its easier to remove them and they won't impact the game much by removing them. Doesn't mean you can't use something else though.

Snodacious
08-17-2016, 02:46 PM
I'd prefer actual signs anyway, big block letters are a bit too much for me. I would like a book or scrap paper that you could write on though, so you can tell a story of your survival.

You can't use profanity on Minecraft on Xbox and removing the signs would just be silly and they can't exactly stop you spelling out words with blocks. In 7DTD the lettering is a bit different as each letter is a separate entity so its easier to remove them and they won't impact the game much by removing them. Doesn't mean you can't use something else though.

True. But using the logic that states you can't have letters because someone might spell profanity, is just the same as the following,
Don't add anymore guns, cause a player may kill another player or even maybe a zombie
Don't add anymore zombies, they may kill players.
Don't add more materials in the game, some one may use them to make giant genitals
Zombies no longer can rag doll, cause sometimes they fall in suggestive poses
need I go on.

Stuff like this takes the sand box out of the sand box game. You can build and do anything you want, as long as its within these parameters.

The Red Leader
08-17-2016, 03:18 PM
True. But using the logic that states you can't have letters because someone might spell profanity, is just the same as the following,
Don't add anymore guns, cause a player may kill another player or even maybe a zombie
Don't add anymore zombies, they may kill players.
Don't add more materials in the game, some one may use them to make giant genitals
Zombies no longer can rag doll, cause sometimes they fall in suggestive poses
need I go on.

Stuff like this takes the sand box out of the sand box game. You can build and do anything you want, as long as its within these parameters.

You are very right and I agree with you. Like this game is rated 18+ and stuff like profanity, nudity etc. are expected to be in a game of such age rating, and I know the ESRB or Pegi don't rate online interaction but in my belief the rating carries over anyway. So removing lettering from an 18+ game because of profanity and such makes no sense at all, apart from 'protecting innocent children' but then they shouldn't be playing/looking at it anyway but then that's the way the world works now.

Breeece
08-17-2016, 05:09 PM

1) I am finding it hard to believe that this can't be achieved due to the fact Minecraft was able to get around this on Xbox 4 years ago.
2) To all the gamers it is beginning to look like Playstation is getting an exclusive here.
3) How can it be hard to put in the game when there is a book in the game called "Minibikes for Dumb♥♥♥♥s"?

Again I am not directing this at you, but what has been said just adds more questions from the community.

Yes it is ABSOLUTELY looking like PS4 is getting the better end of things here....i really hope it is both equal for xbox one and ps4... i love my xbox....

DrDaan
08-19-2016, 03:16 AM
"Wait, what?"

is what i said over and over again after reading this

"The content in the online and offline game modes are identical across the PS4 and XB1. There are no fundamental differences between the two"

then

"However, since each console has its own account privileges and console restriction settings, the ability to offer a similar Block Lettering text input feature on the XB1 was not achievable."

"There are no fundamental differences between the two"

"no fundamental differences"

"fundamental"

I get it. But, wait...what? xbox wont allow lettering? is this real? should we grab our pitchforks and head for http://forums.xbox.com/ ???
Claire tell the team to clean this statement up a bit.

"The content in the online and offline game modes are identical across the PS4 and XB1"

-First sentence, next sentence reiterates that. then the next says they are different.

give me a second my head is exploding. this really has nothing to do with the lettering in game, but at the same time has everything to do with the lettering in game... are you following? because im not. i need a reason not to do this on the xbox forums x10. any reason. ;)

EDIT: this seems like im mad at fun pimps/IG. im not, but xbox tho.

Clare
08-19-2016, 08:32 AM
Hi DrDaan,

The statement is talking about how everything fundamental and essential to the gameplay are the same on both platforms, nobody is missing a zombie, the Navezgane map is identical, core mechanics are the same, both consoles have all settings options etc.

I know a lot of people would like the letters on XB1 (I would too!) but they would not be considered a display item in the game and non-fundamental.

Unfortunately because this is effected by a XB1 policy that covers all games, not just 7 Days, it is not likely to change.

From what I understand, the items in the game, like Minibikes for Dumb♥♥♥♥s are curses already in the game that XB1 know of and are ok with. I was also surprised when I discovered it was not a bug but something due to restrictions on XB1.

Clare

herrpohl
08-19-2016, 10:43 AM
"The content in the online and offline game modes are identical across the PS4 and XB1"

Had to read that a couple of times too, they are identical yet they are not. Seems like they were beating around the bush.

Canyon757
08-19-2016, 02:53 PM
Maybe since they are gonna have text editable signs in Alpha 15 for the PC we can hope that maybe it will make it's way to console eventually?

https://youtu.be/djekEXkUVs8

We can always hope right!

Right now, I'll take everything we can get for console, and I'm happy with it!

Thanks for the good times!

Oxreigns
08-20-2016, 12:23 AM
At least this is only a minor thing however if minecraft can do it why would Xbox restrict 7d2d? Either way I agree to the earlier post I'm a hoarder and spend days organizing loot at times to the right chests and gun safes. It's hard most times because you can't write anything on them or put up signs about which safes is for what. But over all you learn to place them in groups to help at least remember kind of what safes are for what haha.

Chalk would be awesome. Write a mom a safe magnum so you know it's for magnum parts and such. The list goes on. But for they restrict lettering then we can probably expect them to restrict chalk too haha

darklight666
08-23-2016, 10:06 PM
Hi DrDaan,

The statement is talking about how everything fundamental and essential to the gameplay are the same on both platforms, nobody is missing a zombie, the Navezgane map is identical, core mechanics are the same, both consoles have all settings options etc.

I know a lot of people would like the letters on XB1 (I would too!) but they would not be considered a display item in the game and non-fundamental.

Unfortunately because this is effected by a XB1 policy that covers all games, not just 7 Days, it is not likely to change.

From what I understand, the items in the game, like Minibikes for Dumb♥♥♥♥s are curses already in the game that XB1 know of and are ok with. I was also surprised when I discovered it was not a bug but something due to restrictions on XB1.

Clare

nobody missing a zombie you want to stop and go back on that part right there?

yes there are 2 zombies that is missing from seven days to die the nude zombie and the school girl zombies both was in older versions of the game but was taken away from the recent games. this game is a piece of ♥♥♥♥ it was super fun when it was first release given the whole shiity bugs before they finally took so long to patch it up then repatched it up but now the game is completely broken yet again from super zombies that dont seem to hit you or you hitting them from missing guns that was in the game to begin with from losing your backpack when you play your saved game the list can go on but iam sure there alot of people who have already said some of the things i have said as well

skippy0330
08-25-2016, 12:05 AM
nobody missing a zombie you want to stop and go back on that part right there?

yes there are 2 zombies that is missing from seven days to die the nude zombie and the school girl zombies both was in older versions of the game but was taken away from the recent games. this game is a piece of ♥♥♥♥ it was super fun when it was first release given the whole shiity bugs before they finally took so long to patch it up then repatched it up but now the game is completely broken yet again from super zombies that dont seem to hit you or you hitting them from missing guns that was in the game to begin with from losing your backpack when you play your saved game the list can go on but iam sure there alot of people who have already said some of the things i have said as well

They should change what he wrote as the description for alpha, and than explain that beta is for polishing and final bug fixing (since fixing bugs that may be outdated by content, or mechanics is a waste of time during alpha)

and than repost this post as a description for uninformed consumer.

buffalobils113
08-26-2016, 10:38 AM
I dont even know why I'm still reading all these complaints lol... I simply dont get what all the fuss is over. Is this seriously an item that needs to be in the game? Confused, and happy they are not wasting their time over letters. Spend more time on new tools to whoop some zombie a$$ :)

nescaf3
08-26-2016, 11:56 AM
Just a suggestion.
what I do is place an item on the box.
If the box is full of wood log spikes I place a wood log spike on top of the box.
doesn't help with all items but does narrow the search down a bit.

Snodacious
08-27-2016, 08:02 AM
Just a suggestion.
what I do is place an item on the box.
If the box is full of wood log spikes I place a wood log spike on top of the box.
doesn't help with all items but does narrow the search down a bit.

Unfortunately that only works for a few items. Mahority of the things I would want to label can not be simply placed.

Canyon757
08-27-2016, 12:43 PM
Unfortunately that only works for a few items. Mahority of the things I would want to label can not be simply placed.

I threw a sham sandwich on top of my food chest, and much to my dismay it disappeared quickly........

nescaf3
08-28-2016, 08:13 AM
Yes it doesn't work with all items but like I said can help to narrow the search a bit.

Snodacious
08-28-2016, 11:17 PM
Since this is not an issue with the game itself, and its an issue with Xbox. I started a vote on Xbox to remove the censorship on Mature rated games. The link is below.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/15843571-stop-censoring-mature-17-games

If you feel its crap that this type of action is taking place by Xbox, then please vote.

Hellsmoke
08-29-2016, 12:24 PM
Lol this is so ridiculous, the hypocrisy here is amazing. Are kids under 18 even allowed to play these games?

You can thank all the worthless liberals for this one. Start voting against the regressive left...that's the only way to regain our freedom.

Snodacious
08-29-2016, 08:33 PM
Lol this is so ridiculous, the hypocrisy here is amazing. Are kids under 18 even allowed to play these games?

You can thank all the worthless liberals for this one. Start voting against the regressive left...that's the only way to regain our freedom.

Thats why I started the vote system on Xbox's Feedback section. To end this crap. Cause this isn't the only game they have done this to.

Hellsmoke
08-30-2016, 02:23 AM
Thats why I started the vote system on Xbox's Feedback section. To end this crap. Cause this isn't the only game they have done this to.

I agree and you have my respect for making the effort. This is about more than language, it's about control. Notice how Clare mentioned the minibike book and they are "okay" with that so basically they now have the power to choose what and who is right or wrong.

I regret buying an xbox for many reasons and this just adds to that regret. I'm glad they got wrecked this go around because they tried to force a camera into every household. I hope they keep pushing it and end up going broke. Keep fighting the good fight brother.

Reaper86
08-30-2016, 08:17 AM
For the love of god give us console users more stuff.... Traders,zombies,new weapons, new building to explore this game could be great but it's getting so dam boring doing the same stuff every time you play....

faaeng
08-30-2016, 11:37 AM
it's getting so dam boring doing the same stuff every time you play....
Doing the same stuff everytime you play? Sounds like pretty much every single game ever, video or other. lol
Just sayin. lol

Snodacious
09-09-2016, 06:32 AM
Hi all,

Clare

Clare,

I understand your the messenger. But I have researched this and even started a vote on XBox's site to fix this. But then I realized Xbox is not even going to pay attention to it. Due to the fact there isn't an issue with Xbox not allowing these letters. The reason I say this, is a few months ago Fallout 4 added content to the game which was Neon Letters. And yes, each letter was its own entity. So with this being said, either the team is trying to pull one over on us and favor the PS4 crowd. Or whoever you guys dealt with on Xbox is pulling one on you. Either way I think this needs to get fixed cause it seems as time goes by PS4 keeps getting a leg up on Xbox players when it comes to this game. And I am afraid it might play a role in the game success on the Xbox console. Destiny had a very similar fate.

Clare
09-09-2016, 06:57 AM
Hi Snodacious,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will inform the team and ask them what the story is. Perhaps policies have changed since they first started porting the game - I don't know, what I do know is there is no favoritism between PS4 and XB1, the team are treating the console version as a whole when working on it and want all players to have the same expirence regardless of console.
Thank you again for bringing this to my attention and I will update you when I can.
Clare

Gennev101st
09-09-2016, 07:15 AM
For the love of god give us console users more stuff.... Traders,zombies,new weapons, new building to explore this game could be great but it's getting so dam boring doing the same stuff every time you play....

What you want is alpha 15, and its not even out on pc, so, the console version will take a loooooong time to get that

Snodacious
09-09-2016, 04:52 PM
Hi Snodacious,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will inform the team and ask them what the story is. Perhaps policies have changed since they first started porting the game - I don't know, what I do know is there is no favoritism between PS4 and XB1, the team are treating the console version as a whole when working on it and want all players to have the same expirence regardless of console.
Thank you again for bringing this to my attention and I will update you when I can.
Clare

Thank you Clare

Bridy
09-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Clare,

I understand your the messenger. But I have researched this and even started a vote on XBox's site to fix this. But then I realized Xbox is not even going to pay attention to it. Due to the fact there isn't an issue with Xbox not allowing these letters. The reason I say this, is a few months ago Fallout 4 added content to the game which was Neon Letters. And yes, each letter was its own entity. So with this being said, either the team is trying to pull one over on us and favor the PS4 crowd. Or whoever you guys dealt with on Xbox is pulling one on you. Either way I think this needs to get fixed cause it seems as time goes by PS4 keeps getting a leg up on Xbox players when it comes to this game. And I am afraid it might play a role in the game success on the Xbox console. Destiny had a very similar fate.

I was just thinking when I read this that fallout 4 you could put labels on things and swear in neon lights if you wanted in multi colour. It could be though that fallout 4 is a single player game and you don't play with any other delicate petals who could be scared for life reading a rude word ;)
It's not really game breaking or a major problem, just adds a memory challeng to the game. :)

Clare
09-13-2016, 02:49 PM
Hi Snodacious,

I brought the information you gave me to the team. They are now going to investigate this issue to see whats up. Will update you as I know more.

Thanks,
Clare

Canyon757
09-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Hi Snodacious,

I brought the information you gave me to the team. They are now going to investigate this issue to see whats up. Will update you as I know more.

Thanks,
Clare

WOOT WOOT! Thank you!

Luiyoku
09-14-2016, 10:02 PM
Alpha 15 is aviable for console ?

Snodacious
09-14-2016, 11:14 PM
Hi Snodacious,

Thanks,
Clare

Thanks Clare

- - - Updated - - -

Alpha 15 is aviable for console ?

No its not,

Phazr
09-15-2016, 04:25 PM
For those of you that are saying you can't organize crates, why not just use the supply crates that are labelled for ammo, guns, tools, medical etc.?

Thanks for the updates Clare, good to see the console is having steady work done as well. Worth the wait!

Clare
09-15-2016, 05:13 PM
No its not,

Not entirely true.

While this is not the place to ask this question, Roland pointed out that Patch 3 contained one or two bits from Alpha 15. The new birds nests for example. So while we may not get all of Alpha 15, we may still see some elements of it being brought over.

The current response to questions about Alpha 15 from TTG is:
While we are not able to announce an official date at this time for future patches and releases, please know we are striving to improve the game in core areas and will have more to say in the coming weeks.

As Alpha 15 draws nearer I should have more information as to what console can expect.

Eddyjr2008
09-15-2016, 05:37 PM
I read in the PC forums, I beleive it was madmole, that an estimated date was in October, so hopefully we will know more at that time. Estimated time... not a concrete set date so nobody please don't take it as set in stone. I know console usually only gets pieces of pc stuff but I'm excited for whatever we get. It'll be nice to jus see that it is a continued thing. In the meantime, I assume it'll be fixes and stuff for us, maybe some more skins? Lol. I know, we'll know when you know Clare. :-)

Snodacious
09-15-2016, 08:22 PM
Not entirely true.

While this is not the place to ask this question, Roland pointed out that Patch 3 contained one or two bits from Alpha 15. The new birds nests for example. So while we may not get all of Alpha 15, we may still see some elements of it being brought over.

The current response to questions about Alpha 15 from TTG is:
While we are not able to announce an official date at this time for future patches and releases, please know we are striving to improve the game in core areas and will have more to say in the coming weeks.

As Alpha 15 draws nearer I should have more information as to what console can expect.

*Shoe in mouth* I stand corrected, lol

DoucheVader
10-10-2016, 06:52 PM
Okay, if XBone is not getting block letters, then hopefully signs that we can put text on may be a thing?
As a hoarder, and so are my friends....., we are in DIRE need of a solution to our chest organization!
Full in game nights have past while the 3 of us organize stuff!
I am sure our OCD doesn't help.......but a sign would ! :-)

The letters aren't exactly a good solution for organizing your boxes anyway. If you put them on a box you can't get into them from the angle the letter is facing.

DoucheVader
10-10-2016, 06:55 PM
Either way I think this needs to get fixed cause it seems as time goes by PS4 keeps getting a leg up on Xbox players when it comes to this game. And I am afraid it might play a role in the game success on the Xbox console. Destiny had a very similar fate.

In what ways exactly has the PS4 version been superior to the XB1 version?

What was wrong with the XB1 version of Destiny?

I am a PS4 player, I didn't realize I had it so good when it came to 7DTD. LOL

Aneoid
10-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Hopefully at some point your team will be able to convince MS that allowing letters in the game won't trigger the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Thanks for a fun game,

aneoid

faaeng
10-16-2016, 08:54 AM
In what ways exactly has the PS4 version been superior to the XB1 version?

What was wrong with the XB1 version of Destiny?

I am a PS4 player, I didn't realize I had it so good when it came to 7DTD. LOL

PS Destiny players got exclusive weapons, armor and strikes.

tjrockholt87
10-27-2016, 04:16 PM
so add a chalk board that you can type with the in game keyboard like minecraft.

The problem is,, xbox does not allow it because you could potentially use profanity, or ( the big reason here) they want to eliminate all ways terrorists can communicate with each other. If you go to youtube and pull up some videos from xbox team members or even some news reports show that there were thoughts that terrorist were/are using games to communicate secretly with each other so xbox has decided to eliminate that in as many ways possible

DoucheVader
10-27-2016, 08:26 PM
Hi all,

Clare

I never knew Microsoft were such prudes. :) Odd they allow Bethesda Carte Blanche for mod support for Skyrim, but can't put a few letters in a zombie game featuring decapitation and dismemberment because someone may use a 4 letter word? LOL

Just imagine how much you would have to cut if this game was coming to Nintendo Platform. You would likely have to make all the blood blue and turn all the zombies into a bi-pedal turtle creature. :)

I am glad you guys didn't decide to take the letters out of PS4 since XB1 didn't have them. I would hope that the signs can come to PS4 sooner than later. I need them in my base really bad! :)

DoucheVader
10-27-2016, 08:30 PM
PS Destiny players got exclusive weapons, armor and strikes.

Yeah but that wasn't due to MS policies, Sony negotiated with Bungie for that. Bungie not being on PS Platforms before likely was happy to roll out the red carpet for PlayStation gamers.

matrixneo42
10-28-2016, 02:46 PM

Completely all my points. WTH?!

matrixneo42
10-28-2016, 02:53 PM
Is it because the game isn't a full release yet? Can they put the "user generated content warning" only if they fully deploy the game first?

And yes. We can still spell out letters and words with blocks anyhow. Painfully and very large but it can be done. So either give us signs/letters or take away block building too and xbox live chat and the ability to crouch (because we might teabag).

Gamida
10-28-2016, 03:01 PM
so do either console have now or be getting the signs? If so, then it would be weird not to be able to get the letters.

matrixneo42
10-28-2016, 03:04 PM
For those of you that are saying you can't organize crates, why not just use the supply crates that are labelled for ammo, guns, tools, medical etc.?

Thanks for the updates Clare, good to see the console is having steady work done as well. Worth the wait!

Then later on you have so much stuff that you want dedicated weapon parts chests for each type of gun. For magnum parts I would put an M above the chest.

And I want to be able to leave signs around my base to help my new base members understand where to go and what is where. And signs that say, "town that way". ETc...

Signs are amazing in games like this.

If we can't have them on xbox, then at the very least we need some better way to store and label. More picture based storage boxes would help. Or some kind of storage box that has an option page that lets you choose what to show on the outside.

Or if we had item frames that let us hang an item on the wall for display.

Canyon757
10-28-2016, 03:08 PM
The letters aren't exactly a good solution for organizing your boxes anyway. If you put them on a box you can't get into them from the angle the letter is facing.

Sooo DV, I had accepted the fact that XBone was not getting letters as of right now. My post was suggesting that maybe a sign would be coming our way......

matrixneo42
10-28-2016, 03:12 PM
The problem is,, xbox does not allow it because you could potentially use profanity, or ( the big reason here) they want to eliminate all ways terrorists can communicate with each other. If you go to youtube and pull up some videos from xbox team members or even some news reports show that there were thoughts that terrorist were/are using games to communicate secretly with each other so xbox has decided to eliminate that in as many ways possible

That is completely stupid as well to assume that anything they do here would help. There are so many communication tools, voice, text, and otherwise. They will find a way to send their messages secretly and encrypted or in code no matter what we do. The way to stop terrorism is by inclusivity and making everyone feel like they don't need or want to be terrorists.

The mere idea of this reminds me of Nintendo's mentality of limiting communication features.

Canyon757
10-28-2016, 03:12 PM
Then later on you have so much stuff that you want dedicated weapon parts chests for each type of gun. For magnum parts I would put an M above the chest.

And I want to be able to leave signs around my base to help my new base members understand where to go and what is where. And signs that say, "town that way". ETc...

Signs are amazing in games like this.

If we can't have them on xbox, then at the very least we need some better way to store and label. More picture based storage boxes would help. Or some kind of storage box that has an option page that lets you choose what to show on the outside.

Or if we had item frames that let us hang an item on the wall for display.

Signs, need signs! Otherwise this is what happens!

matrixneo42
10-28-2016, 03:17 PM
And one more point: there is another violent crafting game out there. Ark. On xbox one. Here is the wiki for the wooden sign in that game. http://ark.gamepedia.com/Wooden_Sign

I'm pretty sure that I've even used it on my xbox one.

So, either Ark should remove that feature or 7 days can add signs.

Platypusmuerte
10-28-2016, 05:43 PM
That is completely stupid as well to assume that anything they do here would help. There are so many communication tools, voice, text, and otherwise. They will find a way to send their messages secretly and encrypted or in code no matter what we do. The way to stop terrorism is by inclusivity and making everyone feel like they don't need or want to be terrorists.

The mere idea of this reminds me of Nintendo's mentality of limiting communication features.

Ya, his comment about no sings in game stopping terrorism LOL

Even without mics, all anyone has to do would be use binary, and storage crates. Each slot in a crate is an 0 or 1.... LOL

Snodacious
11-21-2016, 03:22 PM
Hi Snodacious,

Clare

Clare,

Well it's been about 2 months since the discussion with the team. Has there been any more information on this issue. Has the team forgotten about us and/or written us off.

-Snodacious

Gazz
11-21-2016, 03:55 PM
You'd have to take that up with Sony or MS.
(not a console gamer so I don't remember which is which console =)

One of them has this account setting allowing you to "block all communication" so player-created text in the game in any shape or form is a big nono.
It would be a major headache to not render parts of the world (letter blocks...) due to people's account settings so it was easier to take them out.

If you're looking for someone who hates console gamers then that would be Sony or MS. =)

PS: Don't tell me that it's a ridiculous rule in a voxel game where you can create bigger letters from regular building blocks.
But... reasons.

Clare
11-21-2016, 04:25 PM
Clare,

Well it's been about 2 months since the discussion with the team. Has there been any more information on this issue. Has the team forgotten about us and/or written us off.

-Snodacious

Not forgotten or written off, I do not know how long it would take for this kind of discussion to take place. When I have more info I will post it in this thread.

Clare

Nef
11-22-2016, 12:06 AM

One of them has this account setting allowing you to "block all communication" so player-created text in the game in any shape or form is a big nono.
It would be a major headache to not render parts of the world (letter blocks...) due to people's account settings so it was easier to take them out.

If you're looking for someone who hates console gamers then that would be Sony or MS. =)

PS: Don't tell me that it's a ridiculous rule in a voxel game where you can create bigger letters from regular building blocks.
But... reasons.

7DTD shouldn't even exist on console according to their rules, considering we can make giant phallic objects and the such out of blocks too. :biggrin-new:

Snodacious
11-22-2016, 03:13 AM

But... reasons.

If you look earlier on in thread we covered it can't be an issue since there are block letters in Fallout 4 on both systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Not forgotten or written off, I do not know how long it would take for this kind of discussion to take place. When I have more info I will post it in this thread.

Clare

Roger that. Just checkin back up n the issue. lol. Gotta keep you on your toes.