PDA

View Full Version : [08/13] Message from the team - Horde issues.

Clare
08-13-2016, 11:40 AM
Hi all,

Below is a message from the team relating to the issues some people are now facing with hordes after patch 2

Hello Survivors! Some of you have informed us on a performance drop that could occur during and after horde attacks. We’ve since identified an issue in Patch #2 where dead zombie corpses would remain in the world for far too long. For example, if several waves of zombies were to walk into and die in a field of wooden spikes, those zombie corpses and their associated expense on hardware would cumulate over time eventually causing a noticeable drop in performance. We’ve since implemented a fix to prevent these corpse from remaining in the world past their intended expiration time. We intend to release this fix in the next patch. In the meantime, the best way to work around this issue is to either loot the zombies or destroy them after they die. Doing so will remove those corpses from the world and improve performance.

I will keep you guys updated on when the next patch is due once when I hear more,
Clare

7DtDBugs
08-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Why not release it now? The game still crashes regularly in co-op for x1. Cobblestone frames have turned invisible since the patch, making it quite difficult to work with.
Also, can you revert back to the original headlamp coding, this newer less useful version is the equivalent of ripping the exhaust system off a car and claiming the gas mileage has been enhanced.

WHY IS THE SYNCING SO JACKED UP?? I often play the same game at a friends house, lately its been not syncing or syncing an old game over top all my progress. The game used to ask which game i wanted if the timestamp was different. WHY HAS THIS CHANGED?? I just lost hours of work to yet another BUG. Please add a way to MANUALLY save the games to a backup!

aksport23
08-13-2016, 01:26 PM
What about the lighting and the shading and also making the textures a lot more better and the awful viewing distance because it's really really foggy and making the fps not to be really bad and making the Cobblestone frames the invisible anymore but I do have a question are we going to get the same thing like what Alpha 15 for PC update to the consoles?

Rabisy
08-13-2016, 01:30 PM
The rain please sort the rain out raining all the time in the same area it's so loud even after trying to adjust it in settings to the extent that now I can't game for long

Istdet
08-13-2016, 01:33 PM
"In the meantime, the best way to work around this issue is to either loot the zombies or destroy them after they die."

now I understand this is probably literally the only thing to be done at the moment but my girlfriend and I have completely stopped one of our worlds because during a horde night with high settings(125%) there were so many of them that if we even tried to loot them during battle we would die due to the amount of zombies as well as unresponsiveness during frame drops, somehow we powered through to the end and the sheer thought of having to clear through those bodies is turning us off to returning.

I would hope this specifically gets fixed asap because the solution is just not feesible during actual gameplay
I even went to the roof and tried to throw some pipe bombs to get the corpses to explode, they are remarkably resilient

M0zza1991
08-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Is this a joke? The next patch i what like 3/4 weeks? On horde night its bascially unplayable the lag is that bad id say maybe 1-3 fps trying to even kill the zombies is hard enough like that nevermind looting and destroying bodies

Thtzwtsh3said
08-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Me and my wife split screen. With the update our map resets everytime we load our game as if we hadn't traveled anywhere. You have to hit x multiple times to access your inventory and we get 1 sometimes 2 hordes every single night since the patch. On day 76 with 60 minute days, but honestly it's a great game. We haven't had any of the issues that all the other people are having.

mrdiamond666
08-13-2016, 03:26 PM
Like the poster above me, ME and my gf play split screen, and when we continue our map is all fogged out as well. Good thing I place markers on the map, but please fix this. PS4 btw.

wavkatcher
08-13-2016, 07:51 PM
Loot the bodies during a horde with 1 fps? LOL

At least you are acknowledging the problem. I love this game, but refuse to play until the issues are fixed.

I wonder if Amazon would give me a refund?

Weasle
08-14-2016, 12:34 AM
Hi all,

Below is a message from the team relating to the issues some people are now facing with hordes after patch 2

issue in Patch #2 where dead zombie corpses would remain in the world for far too long. For example, if several waves of zombies were to walk into and die in a field of wooden spikes, those zombie corpses and their associated expense on hardware would cumulate over time eventually causing a noticeable drop in performance. We’ve since implemented a fix to prevent these corpse from remaining in the world past their intended expiration time. We intend to release this fix in the next patch. In the meantime, the best way to work around this issue is to either loot the zombies or destroy them after they die. Doing so will remove those corpses from the world and improve performance.

Clare

Clare,

This is not going to work as a fix. I am just being honest.

1. The zombie bodies are not staying over the intended timeframe. The horde bodies sometimes disappear before even 1 hour of game time (EG: Still during the horde attack). The disappearance also is them still being there and you could possibly loot them but the gore block disappears. So why does a horde gore block disappear in one game hour, yet I can go back to a zombie I killed on day 6 and still loot its body and gore block on day 28. Days and hours later. This lag is not from bodies being left on spikes and piling up. It is fresh kills during the horde attack.

2. On day 14, I got a large 50 zombie horde atleast. Was able to kill every zombie no problem. And then loot them all. After patch day 21, the lag was so bad I had to reload the game and thus lost all my zombie bodies to loot. Something with the patch changed the dynamics of this.

3. Clare, the point is the FPS is so incredibly bad, we cannot loot these bodies effectively. It would take us a very long time of stop and go slow looting to even loot these corpses. Plus we are near traps we can fall in, landmines that can blow us up, and the effort to loot all these bodies would take way too long.

The REAL fix is, just log out, lose what horde you have left, and all the bodies. Anything else suggested above is not really helpful.

SirSplintfast the Pungent
08-14-2016, 02:16 AM
Usually the lag doesn't really bother me, but my last horde (42) was unplayable. Zombies were skywalking and teleporting. I was teleported through walls. Shotgun took 15 seconds to reload. It got so bad I had to restart and when I logged back in, 95% of the bodies were gone. Spent all my ammo (what little I could make with no calipers) and the best I got to show for it was a green sniper rifle stock.

Today is Day 48. I understand this is still a work in progress, but I don't know what to do. Before the first patch, I got zero hordes. Now I'm probably going to log out after it starts crashing and write off the loot. 3rd time's a charm, right?

Weasle
08-14-2016, 02:54 AM
Sirsplint,

You will have better luck just going to the cities and engaging cops \ ferals and looting them there.

The horde night lag will not allow you to loot very well if at all.

Wallaganoosh
08-14-2016, 02:06 PM
My friend and I have trouble maintaining a connection due to the recent update. However, when I stayed at our little base and didn't venture out, I was fine. All was well. It was only until I tried exploring (a key element in this game) that our connection maintained. I'm sure the corpses do pose a performance threat, but so would multiple players running in different directions. In the patch notes, you stated that you fooled with some sort of network settings? Just looking for clarification. I understand that new games, especially indies, take time to settle out. I'm happy with my purchase and I enjoy to bring a part of the community. Just need peace of mind.

RadoxGaming
08-14-2016, 03:45 PM
Hi all,

Hello Survivors! Some of you have informed us on a performance drop that could occur during and after horde attacks. We’ve since identified an issue in Patch #2 where dead zombie corpses would remain in the world for far too long. For example, if several waves of zombies were to walk into and die in a field of wooden spikes, those zombie corpses and their associated expense on hardware would cumulate over time eventually causing a noticeable drop in performance. We’ve since implemented a fix to prevent these corpse from remaining in the world past their intended expiration time. We intend to release this fix in the next patch. In the meantime, the best way to work around this issue is to either loot the zombies or destroy them after they die. Doing so will remove those corpses from the world and improve performance.

I will keep you guys updated on when the next patch is due once when I hear more,
Clare

I just bought this game for Xbox one started a world and it was all ok and then we left quickly and now I can't connect to my friend who is host .. Please fix ASAP really want to play !

Nawaf044
08-14-2016, 04:39 PM
Hi

I play private game with my friends ( we are 4 ) and each 5 hours the host get an error and kicked pit of the game( game timing) + too much lag and also things disappear, we spent 20 days to gather the needed staff for 4 minibikes and when everyone got his we went to the city by the bikes, suddenly I got an error ( the host ) and when we get back to the game we weren't on our bikes? all of them are gone! please fix this.
Another thing is the zombies attack on day 7,14 etc.. we expected big attacks but only 20 zombies came? we want huge waves of zombies our base is big and well protected. when 4 players are playing you should double the zombies. note; we play VERY HIGH SPAWNING AND FEARL

SirSplintfast the Pungent
08-14-2016, 05:41 PM
Thanks Weasle,

I've been thinning the lumberjack herd in hopes of calipers. I ended up reloading horde day when my bike apparently decided to go exploring by itself so they never showed, which is fine since I've gone a little Z-Nation FFS in building my outer defense wall. Need another week just to cook all these half pillars.

-S

zackjm
08-14-2016, 11:17 PM
I've only played a couple of weeks. It was good to start, except would freeze for a second every now and then.

But now when the 7day hordes come or anymore than 4-5 zombies the lag makes it unplayable.

10 seconds to reload and be able to shoot again, then after actually doing that and somehow sticking out the horde for a minute through this insane lag the game kicks me..

Please fix... Something you included in last update changed something I think..

EDIT: The problem isn't the spikes for me, it's the actual hordes or 5+ zombies at a time, then during this the game has a 3-4+ second delay. Then even longer while I try to reload.

Having said that the spikes aren't the problem, the bodies do seem to stay longer and take longer to clean up since the update.

I spent hours clearing some mines and spikes thinking I had too many.. And that that was causing the lag.. :(

JS1HUNDRED
08-15-2016, 12:13 AM
I had my Day 77 Bloodmoon last night.

The lag was crazy, but I got through it without the game crashing (Even though it crashed 3 times at less stressful times during day of playing, like picking goldenrod in the afternoon :tongue-new: ).

The Bloodmoon was an epic battle that lasted until 4pm the following day. Clean up took until 12AM. A lot of the reason clean up took so long was because all the zombie corpses would become invisible when i approached them. Once looted, the remains would often disappear. But for the rest of the night, when I thought I had destroyed all of the bodies around my fort, i would come out to do house maintenance, and there were heaps of remains around the building again. So I broke them all up again. This happened at least 4 or 5 times.

Anyway. Epic game. But Consoles are missing Auger Parts, Chainsaw Parts and Mushrooms, in the campaign map, even though I have the chainsaw schematic. Making it useless.

Hansonsirhc
08-15-2016, 12:50 AM

Anyway. Epic game. But Consoles are missing Auger Parts, Chainsaw Parts and Mushrooms, in the campaign map, even though I have the chainsaw schematic. Making it useless.

I cannot speak for the mushrooms on navsgane, however auger parts and chainsaw part are in there. I have a complete auger and chainsaw on day 42, but it does not want to give me calipers.

JS1HUNDRED
08-15-2016, 01:07 AM
I cannot speak for the mushrooms on navsgane, however auger parts and chainsaw part are in there. I have a complete auger and chainsaw on day 42, but it does not want to give me calipers.

Good to know the chainsaw parts exist. But they seem very rare. In 80 days, I still have only 1 set of calipers.

Fmfspaz
08-15-2016, 04:03 AM
I cant even get to the bodies to loot i get hit by invisble zombies the frame rate on horde night is a joke this is terrible and the head lamps light is all messed up too they're usless now bring the old patch back untill you fix this one game is unplayable not much fun when you have to reset every horde night

Tatiana
08-15-2016, 09:18 AM
I am glad they have worked on the problem and that you have communicated all the information that you have however I beg you to make this a quicker patch than the last one. Weeks of this issue will kill console sales, spread poor word of mouth about the game, and lower your user base dramatically.

NoBloodMoon
08-15-2016, 09:51 AM
ALL I HEAR IS RAIN AND ITS FOREVER DARK!!!

THIS SHOULD BE CALLED 7 DAYS OF RAIN AT NIGHT... :nonchalance::nonchalance::chargrined::uncomfortab leness:

Danpeet91
08-15-2016, 10:55 AM

The lag was crazy, but I got through it without the game crashing (Even though it crashed 3 times at less stressful times during day of playing, like picking goldenrod in the afternoon :tongue-new: ).

The Bloodmoon was an epic battle that lasted until 4pm the following day. Clean up took until 12AM. A lot of the reason clean up took so long was because all the zombie corpses would become invisible when i approached them. Once looted, the remains would often disappear. But for the rest of the night, when I thought I had destroyed all of the bodies around my fort, i would come out to do house maintenance, and there were heaps of remains around the building again. So I broke them all up again. This happened at least 4 or 5 times.

I've found mushrooms before, in a mine, desert terrain. Not sure about the chainsaw parts though. I'm still searching

JDiceArt777
08-15-2016, 01:50 PM
The rain please sort the rain out raining all the time in the same area it's so loud even after trying to adjust it in settings to the extent that now I can't game for long
I thought I that was the only one that didn't want to play when it rained! It's ridiculously loud! Even when you're in a shelter or mining underground! I turn the game-volume down on my headset just to be able to hear my friends on the chat. But that makes it harder to hear zombies...smh.
My solution to this problem is....when it starts to rain, I exit the game and come back. It usually has a different weather effect when i come back.

- - - Updated - - -

I've found mushrooms before, in a mine, desert terrain. Not sure about the chainsaw parts though. I'm still searching
I've found a chainsaw blade (ps4)....search the garages. Haven't found the auger blade yet though...

Danpeet91
08-15-2016, 03:12 PM
I thought I that was the only one that didn't want to play when it rained! It's ridiculously loud! Even when you're in a shelter or mining underground! I turn the game-volume down on my headset just to be able to hear my friends on the chat. But that makes it harder to hear zombies...smh.
My solution to this problem is....when it starts to rain, I exit the game and come back. It usually has a different weather effect when i come back.

- - - Updated - - -

I've found a chainsaw blade (ps4)....search the garages. Haven't found the auger blade yet though...
I'm on XB1, but thanks for the info, I will try that 😊

NavezGuy
08-15-2016, 03:23 PM
Will all the issues from the new patch be addressed tomorrow (Tuesday is usually update day), or is it going to take longer?

Mattjo6294
08-15-2016, 05:11 PM
I got a full chainsaw from a lumberjack
Was surprised

Deccypher
08-15-2016, 05:14 PM
Hi all,

Clare

maybe pass on the bag drop mod, from the pc mods i made it makes the zombies drop bags instead of corpses, so its not an entity the ai is then removed eating up less memory/cup. they just become loot containers liek any other trash pile/birdsnest in the game. that would beef up preformance whithout havent to reduce the ability to loot the corpses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPi00f0g0TE

ezcoastillin
08-15-2016, 05:16 PM

I have the PS4 and I don't know who initially had a problem with the audio levels of the rain, BUT NOW, holy moley its WAY too loud and Constant making it super difficult to hear anything else especially my own thoughts in head. UGh, please fix that immediately along with the funky lighting issue/ atmospheric Steroid problem where everything pass 20 ft in front of you Fades out into nothingness. Brutal for extended periods of playing.

Kilroy5150
08-15-2016, 05:23 PM
Me and my wife split screen. With the update our map resets everytime we load our game as if we hadn't traveled anywhere. You have to hit x multiple times to access your inventory and we get 1 sometimes 2 hordes every single night since the patch. On day 76 with 60 minute days, but honestly it's a great game. We haven't had any of the issues that all the other people are having.

The XB1 patch was kind of a mess...

Not to mention that the helmet light, before the patch, was better and the daytime looks like night time in some areas since the patch. Hunting in the rain is impossible now.

I've come back, to older save games, to find a ton of progress gone and water blobs just appearing in certain areas.

Honestly, i think the patch made a bunch of things a lot worse and there are gamer(s) who agree with me on this even though the masses (here) may not.

Deccypher
08-15-2016, 05:26 PM
Not to mention that the helmet light, before the patch, was better and the daytime looks like night time in some areas since the patch. Hunting in the rain is impossible now.

Honestly, i think the patch made a bunch of things a lot worse and there are gamer(s) who agree with me on this even though the masses (here) may not.

this is often how things go you realese a fix to A to please the customers demands but fixing A breaks B,C,and D, being too dark isnt unplayable its just not optimal play, they will fix it on PC we had the same issues in A11 it was fixed pretty quickly

mjm800
08-15-2016, 06:11 PM
maybe pass on the bag drop mod, from the pc mods i made it makes the zombies drop bags instead of corpses, so its not an entity the ai is then removed eating up less memory/cup. they just become loot containers liek any other trash pile/birdsnest in the game. that would beef up preformance whithout havent to reduce the ability to loot the corpses

Yes...this ^^^^^^ There is no need for the gore corpse, just get rid of it and have bags left behind for looting.

Kidliquid01
08-16-2016, 07:59 AM
Also, there are no feral zombies on the 7 day hordes since the patch. Xbox one.

Breeece
08-16-2016, 06:39 PM
Exactly, something is just causing this insane FPS drop. It's UNBEARABLE.

Mattjo6294
08-16-2016, 06:41 PM
No 7th day horde showed up on day 49
I'm now thinking I'll get a horde every night
But I hope that's not the case

JustSomeGuy
08-16-2016, 11:38 PM
lol, I died trying to get rid of the corpses while more zombies come. I think it's better you guys sort this out. I can't afford to do another zombie horde night with an extreme slow frame rate. It's becoming unplayable.

Canyon757
08-17-2016, 01:16 PM
Day 35 and Day 42 Hordes with 3 survivors (2 killing and myself looting and destroying gore blocks) FPS dropped so bad that it actually crashed the game both times. Fortunately it didn't crash until the horde was done, and when we reloaded the game the lag was gone. But during the horde it is nearly impossible to move, loot, or transfer loot to a drop chest. Looking forward to a fix, but I fear it may not come in time for our 49th day horde.

Braval Tempest
08-17-2016, 06:46 PM
We also are having Inventory access problem in Split Screnn - Offline tried only- It's so bad we stopped playing! X will work maybe 1/20 times and by the time you use the defalt open select and reselect method you have a likely chance to get killed. OTHER functions like map seem sluggish, as well. Having to move to a new location just to read where you were BEFORE you moved-only to have to retrace your steps! :frown-new:

Tatiana
08-18-2016, 06:39 AM
Another 7 days has gone by since day 14 no horde night, and now on day 21 I get nothing again..... your update completely broke the mechanics for me. Same thing happens even if I start a new game. I think it's time for me to get my money back from sony.

I found that if you save and quit at any time during the horde day you will not get a horde, maybe this is your issue? Try to start your horde day right at the start of your playing time so you can play all the way thru that day without quitting

ASexyPony
08-18-2016, 01:27 PM
Before patch 2 was released everything was fine but after i received huge amounts of lag during hordes and i noticed some bodys dissappear when you get close but there just invisible but one i loot all the bodys or quit n rejoin its just fine anyway to get rid of this issue ?

CHAOZZZ
08-18-2016, 03:19 PM
I found that if you change the zombie spawn setting to more or less that it will allow the zombies to spawn on horde day. I had 3 straight horde nights that I didn't get any hordes. Changed my settings to warrior from scavenger and put zombie spawn to 125%. Due to lag is ues on horde night I also changed the zombies to always walk. This helped out with lag issue slightly. Should work at least until patch. I still crashed during 98 day horde last night when horde was almost done. Logged back in and all bodies and remaining horde gone. Was annoying we used all that ammo to not be able to loot any bodies. Hope that helps!

Bossman1003
08-19-2016, 01:47 AM
I'm really getting tired of my game getting really lagging on 7th day hoards and make game crash are we getting a fix for this and what is up with the saving it happens way to often. I live the game but really starting to hate the game and you don't even have the game right and bringing out dlc for it I mean come on guys would love to play the game the way it should be played.

PixelCrisis
08-19-2016, 07:58 PM
Hi all,

Clare

We generally loot and destroy all bodies in our world as running in to gore blocks at inopportune times can slow you down and get you in to trouble. With that said, we have issues with the horde as it starts ... before anything dies. The massive influx of running zombies is causing an issue as well. We've set the game so that zombies never run and we're able to play a bit more, or even get through a horde now. This shouldn't be needed of course but so far it has helped our gaming experience.

Question to you all, if no one is in other areas of the map, are all of those bodies / those old bases (blocks, items, etc) all rendered in all the time (so that when the horde comes you've now got a compounding problem that the console can't handle - simply too much to render) or do they render in as a player approaches the area?

BucFanJKE
08-19-2016, 09:05 PM
Hi

I play private game with my friends ( we are 4 ) and each 5 hours the host get an error and kicked pit of the game( game timing) + too much lag and also things disappear, we spent 20 days to gather the needed staff for 4 minibikes and when everyone got his we went to the city by the bikes, suddenly I got an error ( the host ) and when we get back to the game we weren't on our bikes? all of them are gone! please fix this.
Another thing is the zombies attack on day 7,14 etc.. we expected big attacks but only 20 zombies came? we want huge waves of zombies our base is big and well protected. when 4 players are playing you should double the zombies. note; we play VERY HIGH SPAWNING AND FEARL

Tbh, we already have enough server load issues, fps drops, and lag as it is. Why would you want to strain the servers even more than they already are? I would prefer to fix the horde lag before messing with the spawn recipe. If you haven't experience the lag yet, you are lucky.

Zombicodgod
08-20-2016, 12:03 AM
I am nearly on night 200 on the ps4 version, the game is running great since the last patch. Only one problem though, the game doesn't lag if I'm just in the wilderness, but if I return to my settlement (i have done a lot of building) the frame rate goes from around 60+ to 20-. The hotter my console gets the more it lags to (it heats up quickly and is regularly cleaned) therefore the game must be demanding to much power from the console which may be down to the A.I of the zombies, the guns firing and the amount of players. Try taking a look at those things if you want things to get better quickly. This is my theory on what is causing the tremendous lag

HOWIDOES
08-20-2016, 12:26 AM
I have had 5 other ppl by this game.. On horde night it lags hard. And not because of bodies laying around its when they show up. Missing out on loot and COMPLETELY unplayable. If this isnt fixed this comming week we all honestly want our money back. I love the game but this port is really bad.

darklight666
08-23-2016, 10:30 PM
i have a better question why keep using the unity engine its just bad its mostly used if you have a small budget to work with but you can clearly see how bad the water looks how bad the sky looks about the only thing that looks some what decent are the trees and bushes in game for other people who want a comparison as to what iam talking about look up a game called apoc on the 360 0r 0ther games that uses the unity engine

Timiun
08-23-2016, 11:17 PM
Started a new game. Set it on nomad with medium spawn. 7 and 14 day horde had no lag issues. 21 day horde started and then the lag monster hit. Before I even killed any baddies I was unable to move or reload properly but was still operational. 2nd wave was starting to approach and had time to see 2 cops and 2 fares comming and thats when i couldn't move at all. Shot one round from my hunting rifle froze again and stayed that way for several minutes until game error and went blue screen. So having corpses on spikes and ground didn't cause my lag. Hope it gets worked out soon. 👍

bigwill
08-24-2016, 04:49 PM
having trouble with horde nights in single player navezgame after patch. i havent seen any hordes on night 70 or 77 . blood moon came up and not even 1 zombie was around this is bs . i had no problem with horde ngihts before patch every 7 days hordes came no problem and now nothing. this needs to be fixed because i look forward to horde nights to se how my new construction works out and if they can break in my house.

thecman25
08-29-2016, 12:48 AM
so me and my friends love this game a lot buuuuttttt the amount of updates is lacking. I know you guys are working hard and we all appreciate it but the updates are coming out sooo slow you guys should at least release some stuff before the big updates. The big thing though is the the horde lag like it is so so so laggy the bodies pile ontop of each other and the lag is freaking crazy, we all are probably going to stop playing because the hordes are the best part of the game and we cant enjoy them

mailmemojo
09-08-2016, 01:07 PM
I had the continuation of my day 35 horde appear on day 37, as i hadnt had a horde since day 14,the update bought in a tiny amount when i loaded my game, UD1.04 seems to have improved the zombies, which im really happy about. My issue is that now,the dead zombies are turning to the unlootable state within 30secs of the dying. Its really frustrating as i rely on the supplies the zombies hold,im sure im not the only one. Im also suffering from the ladder issue your aware of. Also,im not getting the 'Recipes' prompt on the raw crops,i cant find 'Cornmeal' unless i type it in the search bar.I just feel the games even more broken than before.