PDA

View Full Version : [08/16][DLC] New Walking Dead Skins!

Clare
08-16-2016, 08:38 AM
Hi all,

The new set of Walking Dead Skins will be going live in the PS and XB stores today!

I know some of you wanted to be able to play as Kenny, so now you can! He's personally one of my favorite characters.

"Customize your character with five skins based on characters from Telltale's hit series The Walking Dead. Included are: Kenny, Carley, Glenn, Lilly, and Molly."

Happy Surviving!
Clare

Clare
08-16-2016, 08:41 AM
Also before anyone jumps in and asks why DLC is being released when there are bugs to fix...

The DLC would have been planned for in advance by a different team. No bug fixes are abandoned in order to release this - fixing the current major issues is always the top priority.

Clare

Tw2Brick
08-16-2016, 09:52 AM
I support the game and will be picking up this DLC. Thank you.

Taylornater
08-16-2016, 10:45 AM
Awesome! Glad Kenny has been added, would have been cooler if he had his season 2 look added also, beard & eyepatch.
Will get this later but until the new patch is out to fix MP I have No Man's Sky keeping me busy.

Clare
08-16-2016, 10:46 AM
Awesome! Glad Kenny has been added, would have been cooler if he had his season 2 look added also beard & eyepatch.
Will get this later but until the new patch is out to fix MP I have No Man's Sky keeping me busy.

[REDACTED]!!? ....spoilers man.... lol

RadoxGaming
08-16-2016, 10:50 AM
Yay but can u fix the multiplayer first plz ? :)

skippy0330
08-16-2016, 10:57 AM
Hi all,

The new set of Walking Dead Skins will be going live in the PS and XB stores today!

I know some of you wanted to be able to play as Kenny, so now you can! He's personally one of my favorite characters.

"Customize your character with five skins based on characters from Telltale's hit series The Walking Dead. Included are: Kenny, Carley, Glenn, Lilly, and Molly."

Happy Surviving!
Clare

It won't let me see the jpg :( and im excited to make a video for my peeps!

- - - Updated - - -

of course when i repost it, it works. arg.

Clare
08-16-2016, 11:26 AM
It won't let me see the jpg :( and im excited to make a video for my peeps!

- - - Updated - - -

of course when i repost it, it works. arg.

Always the way ay?

Krzymuffin
08-16-2016, 11:31 AM
I'm still unable to find or purchase the first set of skins on the playstation store :(

Taylornater
08-16-2016, 12:05 PM
....spoilers man.... lol

Updated my post :wink: now you'll have to do yours :laugh:

Canyon757
08-16-2016, 12:18 PM
Good news! I have thoroughly become addicted to 7DTD and will purchase this as soon as I am done typing! Looking forward to patches and fixes to make this game run smoothly and make my gaming time more enjoyable.

Keep up the good work.

Clare
08-16-2016, 01:07 PM
Updated my post :wink: now you'll have to do yours :laugh:

Gah! the cheek of some people! :P

killedman2
08-16-2016, 03:19 PM
When will they go live? I don't see them.

Rgsheldon
08-16-2016, 03:42 PM
Great,

I cannot wait to crash to the title screen as Glenn.

I just proper LOL

Clare
08-16-2016, 03:49 PM
When will they go live? I don't see them.

They should be on the store before the end of the day, while we know it's releasing today, it may take some time for them to appear on the stores.

Clare

killedman2
08-16-2016, 05:28 PM
They should be on the store before the end of the day, while we know it's releasing today, it may take some time for them to appear on the stores.

Clare

I see them, thank you :)

7daysto3.14
08-16-2016, 06:22 PM
Already bought them on ps4. Good stuff! By the way, for those looking but can't find them, they don't seem to be on the 7 days store page nor in the "search" function for psn store. To find them, go to "add-ons" from the psn left menu and select new addons. It has a gui splash cover there.

kadiusdar
08-16-2016, 11:05 PM
Back on topic, the skins look great! Will be getting them in a week or two after bills are taken care of!

ThatDuttGuy
08-17-2016, 01:32 AM
I have the PS4 skins pack 2 installed, yet I can't find the characters anywhere on the character select screen. Is anyone else having this same issue??

DilfTheHero
08-17-2016, 07:01 PM
Is the skin pack 1 available for purchase? I like collecting things so I must know.

7daysto3.14
08-21-2016, 02:43 AM
I bought the #2 dlc skin pack but didn't pre-order to I missed #1. Now there is a "bundle" for $1 more that includes #1 with #2. I don't want to re-buy #2 though. Would be nice if you could just buy #1.

Bigbadcharizard
08-21-2016, 02:50 AM
I always try to buy DLC for y'all. The way I see it, that could be more money in your pocket for this game!!

Canyon757
08-22-2016, 01:15 PM
Bought skin pack 1 the same day I bought 7DTD and bought skin pack 2 the day it was released! Love them both, but find it funny that the new skin pack has the characters still in their clothes when you have nothing on, whereas the previous skin packs showed the player in their black sport shorts and tops!

Just an observation! Freaked some friends out when they saw Carley in her skirt! :tongue-new:

irjvik
08-23-2016, 06:46 PM
I bought it, in order to support you.

I'm waiting for a skin DLC including Jane (WD season 2).
Why ?
Jane is smart, was the only one to learn a trick to avoid being spotted by zombies, is brave but not fearless, has strong psychological skills helping to anticipate other "living" humans psyche breaking risks.
She is a lone wolf, and loneliness doesn't afraid her, but never refusing an helping hand.
She's cynical, but no wonder in such a "lovely" place filled with zombies.

I think it is one of the most suited characters for 7DTD.

Thank you for having read this post.

DarkRoninCrew
08-25-2016, 05:10 AM
I bought it, in order to support you. I think it is one of the most suited characters for 7DTD.

Thank you for having read this post.

I'm waiting for a skin DLC including Clementine.! i cant believe no one else has said this yet! i know they show how useful she becomes in TDW s2 game... after you dont play as lee anymore you play as here so why not? plz for the love of god add her in the next one!

irjvik
08-25-2016, 07:24 AM
Hello.

I would be glad to have Clementine too as a skin DLC.
On a strict commercial point of view, including Clementine in a skin DLC is 100% sales guaranteed.
On a "semi realistic" ingame point of view, Clementine is not well-suited in 7DTD.

Clementine is too young to do all muscular work needed in 7DTD.
You will notice in WD Season 2 the heaviest weapon Clementine had to use is a pistol, not a rocket launcher...
Also a pickaxe or a fireaxe will be too heavy for a 12-year old child.
Also did you ever use an auger in real life ? This is not suitable for children, they do not have enough physical strength.
Firing a .44 magnum requires a lot of strength to compensate for the recoil too.
A chainsaw is not a lightsaber, you need muscular strength in order to cut a tree with it.

Also, as a child, Clementine is fast and agile. She acts like a butterfly, extremely hard being catched, but is fragile.
The 7DTD playable char is slow, muscular, and can endure many wounds.
Ever tried to wear a real plate armour ? Then say goodbye to "fast", "agile" words. Also should you fall down, you need physical strength to recover.

I think all those points are the reasons nobody asked for Clementine.

faaeng
08-25-2016, 12:29 PM
Hello.

I would be glad to have Clementine too as a skin DLC.
On a strict commercial point of view, including Clementine in a skin DLC is 100% sales guaranteed.
On a "semi realistic" ingame point of view, Clementine is not well-suited in 7DTD.

Clementine is too young to do all muscular work needed in 7DTD.
You will notice in WD Season 2 the heaviest weapon Clementine had to use is a pistol, not a rocket launcher...
Also a pickaxe or a fireaxe will be too heavy for a 12-year old child.
Also did you ever use an auger in real life ? This is not suitable for children, they do not have enough physical strength.
Firing a .44 magnum requires a lot of strength to compensate for the recoil too.
A chainsaw is not a lightsaber, you need muscular strength in order to cut a tree with it.

Also, as a child, Clementine is fast and agile. She acts like a butterfly, extremely hard being catched, but is fragile.
The 7DTD playable char is slow, muscular, and can endure many wounds.
Ever tried to wear a real plate armour ? Then say goodbye to "fast", "agile" words. Also should you fall down, you need physical strength to recover.

I think all those points are the reasons nobody asked for Clementine.

Clem would be an awesome skin, but I wouldn't use her. Id never beable to kill any animals with all that tall ass grass. XD
Be great for stealthy PVP play tho lol. Would she wind up being banned by players like how they banned Oddjob back in the day with Goldeneye? lol

Luiyoku
08-25-2016, 01:08 PM
buen día porque no en ves de sacar skin de walkind dead arreglan el juego que está lleno de bugs sin contar el lag que genera la horda en ps4, además los skin los cobran cuando deberían regalarlos de lo mal que va el juego. Por otro lado también deberían actualizarlo a cómo está la versión de pc que ya cuentan con el alpha 15 que trae grandes cambios estaría bueno que los usuarios de consolas también podamos disfrutar de estos cambios.

Saludos

Primus420
08-25-2016, 05:42 PM
Bought these when they released just to support the game. I hope the money is going toward further supporting the console version

faaeng
08-25-2016, 09:56 PM
Bought these when they released just to support the game. I hope the money is going toward further supporting the console version
Same. started a new rangen last night as Glenn.

Do NOT use seed name Cobras Lair. Sofar its been about 15% water, 50% burned forrest, 25% burned ruins, 5% dessert and 5 days in I finally found forrest area with no water source.

Found a Shotgun Messiah thats sunkin into the ground surrounded on 2 sided by asphault and the other 2 sides huge walls of water. Fell in the water and died magically from nothing tryng to get back onto the road. No enemies, wasnt starving, not hungry, no dysentery no nothing. Just Poof, Dead while trying to hop up.

Ill stick it out tho. Im a survivor. Cousin popped in around day 3 and hasnt found anything but burning forrest and burned ruins aswell. This should be interesting. lol

COOKZ-BS10
09-19-2016, 12:11 AM
I massively support this game so baught the DLC even though I won't use them (maybe glen actually lol) but where is darell and rick?? The 2 main men lol
Any way just thaught I'd say love the game

Small question Clare not sure if you'd know but is there ever any plan of dedicated servers for console and/or plans to have more players in a game as that was my biggest let down on release after playing on pc I told all my mates that are only on ps4 to go grab it so they did then I could only have 3 in a game :( also split screen online would be cool for my misses lol ;)

DarkRoninCrew
10-24-2016, 04:21 PM
I massively support this game so baught the DLC even though I won't use them (maybe glen actually lol) but where is darell and rick?? The 2 main men lol
Any way just thaught I'd say love the game

Small question Clare not sure if you'd know but is there ever any plan of dedicated servers for console and/or plans to have more players in a game as that was my biggest let down on release after playing on pc I told all my mates that are only on ps4 to go grab it so they did then I could only have 3 in a game :( also split screen online would be cool for my misses lol ;)

these skins are from telltale games the walking dead, not the show. and i must say,now with glenns death, i will be using the glenn skin ALOT more! thanks TFP!!!

iorkara
10-25-2016, 04:37 AM
How about spoiler alert? Was planning on watching but yeah, thanks mate. Well done.

IBKillingfools
10-25-2016, 04:39 AM
In his defense, after the hype, you had to figure it would be all over the web today anyhow. You couldn't really expect to go more than 24 hrs without coming across the news.

iorkara
10-25-2016, 08:45 AM
Yeah true. Next time I'll stop all internet activity including browsing on my iPhone. Until I actually watch the episode. Which could be in a weeks time or so. You know, I got kids & work & all this other stuff. But yeah, I'll do that. Thank you.

DarkRoninCrew
10-25-2016, 08:52 AM
my bad, i have kids and stuff to so i understand. tbh i would have put it out there as a spoiler box but im still a bit of a newb to the forums and theres quite alot of features i havent figured out yet D: sorry again about that!

DarkRoninCrew
10-25-2016, 08:56 AM
How about spoiler alert? Was planning on watching but yeah, thanks mate. Well done.
my bad, wasnt sure how to do that. edited and fixed, sorry for the spoil D: thanks to you tho i did look it up ao i could set it to an alert. s ill give u rep!

Clare
10-25-2016, 09:05 AM
my bad, wasnt sure how to do that. edited and fixed, sorry for the spoil D: thanks to you tho i did look it up ao i could set it to an alert. s ill give u rep!

Tossed your bottom half of the comment into the spoiler too, cos it kinda gives something away.

I didn't expect to see a spoiler outside of off topic, but here I am. Should've watched it yesterday when I had the chance...

For future ref, the EU gets the episode 24 hours after the states, so you might wanna make sure you at least have spoiler covers within 48 hours of the episode airing.

Clare

DarkRoninCrew
10-25-2016, 09:36 AM
darn! sorry for that! thought i got all f what was spoiled covered! thanks tho clare! and sorry if i ruined it for anyne T.T

IBKillingfools
10-25-2016, 10:09 AM
So, the day after it airs, and suddenly the walking dead skins announcement thread lights up. But of course that dosent trip any alarms or anything. As I didn't watch it till the next morning, even I was smart enough to not click on any walking dead content. But that's ok. What do I know anyway.

DarkRoninCrew
10-25-2016, 11:00 AM
well thanks for thinking ahead IBK :D and thanks for the positivity! just kow i up reped uyou as well :D

Dopest_Gorilla88
11-01-2016, 07:32 AM

Not sure it should have been spoiler alert rather trigger warning.

- - - Updated - - -

The walking dead tv series sucks and glenns death was weak af