PDA

View Full Version : question about Prefab.xml

n2n1
08-16-2016, 10:58 PM
I would like to know the purpose of some function in .xml, which accompany prefab.

<property name="DisallowedBiomes" value="snow,forest,pine_forest,plains,desert,wasteland,bu rnt_forest,wasteland_hub" />
<property name="AllowedBiomes" value="snow,forest,pine_forest,plains,desert,wasteland,bu rnt_forest,wasteland_hub" />

Yes, I understand that there are - Allowed and Disallowed, but why two options ? perhaps they work differently, what's the difference ?

<property name="RotationToFaceNorth" value="2" />
to determine where the entrance is at the building ?

<property name="Condition" value="New,Normal,Old" />
no any ideas....
a future feature ?

<property name="Zoning" value="Commercial,Residential" />
no idea....

<property name="Age" value="Old" />
no any ideas.....

I have not found anything in writing :help:, excuse if any video has the answers about it.

StompyNZ
08-17-2016, 01:36 AM
Condition and Age currently do nothing

Only Zoning="Cityblock" has any use (defines the cityblock prefabs that the other 4 prefabs sit on in a city township type). Some testing has given inconsistent results setting to any of the other values, but from what I see in the dll only Cityblock is used.

RotationToFaceNorth is how you define what 'side' of the prefab should face the road. When prefabers make the tts file sometimes the road side is not at the top/north, so this sets it to face the right way. You can then further rotate it in the rwgmixer in custom hubs, but the results are very buggy, especially when using 1 or 3.

The DisallowedBiomes/AllowedBiomes are essentially the same thing. One can be used to define a list where the prefab cant spawn in rwg, the other defines where it can. You only need to use one or the other. If you leave the AllowedBiomes out then I think it can spawn anywhere, but it's been a while since I tested that. I would generally just use AllowedBiomes unless you perhaps just wanted to define one or two biomes where it cant spawn instead.

n2n1
08-17-2016, 02:26 AM
Thank You!
Now I do a lot of research RWG and have suppose about Allowed and Disallowed.
I'll check them today and if the result accomplish - i write to here :)

This section hardcoded? I can't manage it. I wanted to add here "power_pole_01" but they never appear.

<prefab_rule name="signsAndLights">
<prefab name="street_light_02"/>
<prefab name="sign_slow" prob="0.25"/>
<prefab name="sign_speed_25" prob="0.25"/>
</prefab_rule>

StompyNZ
08-17-2016, 03:06 AM
have a look at this tutorial.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?42330-Stompy-s-RWGmixer-Guide-and-notes

post number three in particular.

You might be encountering the prefab rule bug

n2n1
08-17-2016, 12:39 PM
...O! I remember what you said earlier about it, i have always kept that in mind. But I didn't know you wrote so much! I did a similar study on the example of biomes , in relation to the errors of random numbers dependent on seedname. Now I'll read and then think long :)