PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] No calipers

KIRBYSONLINE
08-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Hey guys i am on day 160 i have searched all working stiffs every barn and house i can find even been back to ALL citys and towns after loot respawns and i still have not found them none of my friends have ever found them either and one other friend is on day 140 i dont know if its a glitch or wat but ive never found them scavenging is on lvl 70 with max everything too please help

ucof
08-19-2016, 01:21 PM
I've resorted to grinding on Lumberjacks and looking in tree trunks.
Spent 4 days game time so faar (last night) doing nothing but wandering lonely in the snow.

khanjohn
08-20-2016, 01:36 AM
on e day 103 here and never seen either. on my other character i got but when patch 2 hit they disappeared.

SylenThunder
08-20-2016, 11:39 AM
They are a rare item. Most likely it's not a bug, just bad luck.

a4twenty
08-20-2016, 01:42 PM
They are a rare item. Most likely it's not a bug, just bad luck.

i used to think so too but we're on day 147 on a server that is usually full. two would constantly scavenge while two would work on / repair the base. no luck. since the crappy update, we cant play together anymore so i just join randoms, we found two by day 2. i get it they're rare but if this isn't a bug they need to adjust it so people 5 months in can make ammo.

rochelle
08-21-2016, 08:53 AM
not played the console version but assuming the loot setup etc is similar or the same as the pc version playing a server where the loot drops are at 100% is more likely to yield desired items then a server where loot is set to 50%. even at 100% they are still considered rare along with the tool and dye, your chances of finding them in tree stumps is very very slim, working stiffs crates are your best bet and the crates are found in places other then the shop aswell, like the factory and sometimes pass and gas. For the record imo sticking with the crossbow or bow is the better option, the ammo is easier and cheaper to craft and rifles etc are pretty useless until your skill is at a reasonable level.

Kidliquid01
08-21-2016, 06:03 PM
This is true. So far in my game on XB1, I'm 120 days into the game and see only two unicorns in the game. Those are calipers or a wrench schematic.

rochelle
08-22-2016, 07:14 AM
have you guys/girls tried finding them in a single player game that you have set up yourself? with the loot set to max? if not try it, if after that you still cant find calipers then it maybe more likely to be accepted as a bug but difficult to determine whether its a bug or just bad luck with the info that's been provided and no indication as to whether you have tried an alternative play to rule out that it is a bug

Greybeard
08-22-2016, 08:33 AM
XB1 - Single player, loot 100. And here I thought it was just my bad luck. In a sadistic way, I'm glad to hear it's not just me. I've spent quite some time killing lumberjack after lumberjack and looting tool stores. Nada, nothing, zip, zero. I just want to make ammo!

rochelle
08-22-2016, 04:44 PM
XB1 - Single player, loot 100. And here I thought it was just my bad luck. In a sadistic way, I'm glad to hear it's not just me. I've spent quite some time killing lumberjack after lumberjack and looting tool stores. Nada, nothing, zip, zero. I just want to make ammo!
come join us on pc we have plenty calipers, wrenches and ammo heck we even have a mod that lets us make calipers, come to the dark side you know you want to :wink-new:

Greybeard
08-23-2016, 02:13 AM
come join us on pc we have plenty calipers, wrenches and ammo heck we even have a mod that lets us make calipers, come to the dark side you know you want to :wink-new:

I used to do a lot of PC gaming. Now I switch on and off, depending on what games are available, cost, and whether or not I'm doing other things, such as digital art. With the direction consoles are headed, it won't be much longer and we'll all be essentially forced to move to PC (or so it seems).

I much prefer a PC when I get the MMORPG bug. I still play Ultima Online for months on end every few years. The other issue is, the social aspect is more prevalent on Xbox Live (for better or worse). I have friends on XBL that I've had since the original Xbox!

In the end, I gravitate towards consoles, always have; but I've also spent countless hours on PCs, playing games like Civ, UO, AO, WoW, B&W, NWN and such. It's all the same to me. I almost bought a PS4 recently, because of No Man's Sky. Sadly, it seems it's not worth the $400 to play it. Heck, I even play Pokemon Go! Though, that's the only mobile game I play. My fingers are just too big for that format. ;)

a4twenty
08-28-2016, 12:23 PM
now on day 200+ on the original server and day 100 on a new insane difficulty server and still no calipers. lots of tool and die, lots of all purple guns, found pretty much every other item in the game.... at the point that i don't care and wont be searching for them anymore.

Nice Loki
09-03-2016, 10:51 AM
We had a game with no callipers as well, we ended up restarting because it was too limiting.
Our next game we got callipers easily enough, but couldn't get the wrench schematic. That's not so drastic because you can find them fairly easily, but still ... annoying.
We've just started again, I wonder what we can't find this time.

Jinx
09-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Last two games I've played I've found a set of calipers in the treasure chests, might be worth checking out your treasure maps.

NOPLEX
09-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Yea i've found two sets of calipers in one working stiffs store run before, must have gotten mad lucky haha. They do seem to be rare but they are only good for making arrowheads and bullet casings, and I can usually find plenty of casings with normal looting.