PDA

View Full Version : Question about rotating Prefabs in random worlds... can you?

AshenTemper
08-22-2016, 04:52 PM
I've been playing around a lot with the Editor and importing prefabs via it and just in-game via the cmds but one thing I haven't figured out (and sorry if I'm just missing it like a n00b)... is there a way to rotate the entire prefab to point a certain direction?

For example, if I set up a prefab and the entrance is south... is there a way (either through the world editor or in-game cmds) to rotate it so that the whole prefab is facing west instead?

HAL9000
08-22-2016, 05:04 PM
bbb ip <PrefabName> <x> <y> <z> <rotation0-3>

Or in the world editor you can right click the prefab box to set the rotation option before inserting it

AshenTemper
08-22-2016, 05:30 PM
bbb ip <PrefabName> <x> <y> <z> <rotation0-3>

Or in the world editor you can right click the prefab box to set the rotation option before inserting it

Thank you SO MUCH. Was driving me crazy and I knew it had to be there somewhere but just couldn't find it for the life of me.

Just to be clear if I wanted to move something to point "east", I'd do something like:

bbb ip TWDprisonRWG_01 341 19 675 3
bbb ip TWDprisonRWG_02 341 19 575 3

correct? (Doesn't matter if 3 is east, more just mean the formatting) Asking because, while I pref the editor, some of the prefabs I notice don't work as well via the editor and come in as a small box.

HAL9000
08-22-2016, 06:24 PM
You can see usage for each bbb command by typing "bbb <command> ?" e.g. "bbb ip ?"

Yeah that's the correct format. Which prefabs don't come in properly? I've never seen that. Let me know which ones don't work and I'll run them through the editor

AshenTemper
08-22-2016, 06:33 PM
You can see usage for each bbb command by typing "bbb <command> ?" e.g. "bbb ip ?"

Yeah that's the correct format. Which prefabs don't come in properly? I've never seen that. Let me know which ones don't work and I'll run them through the editor

Thanks (yet again)! I'll send you them when I get home tonight. Been crafting a new world and I noticed the problem on a few of them (mainly custom ones, even though some were the xvanilla ones in the combo pack). Anywho, I'll grab a screenie and let you know which ones specifically.