PDA

View Full Version : [XB1] game save disappeared??

Gully1989
08-24-2016, 09:04 PM
i was on my minibike when my game crashed and took me to the xbox dasboard, when i started the game again my save was gone?? this happen to anyone else? getting sick of something going wrong with the games and having to start again! still love this game though lol

faaeng
08-25-2016, 12:15 PM
Sounds like your save file is corrupt. Happens with both PS4 and XB1. Unfortunately I do not believe you can back up your xb1 save file separately from your cloud save so once its corrupt it is gone for good. Maybe someone with an XB1 can correct me here. Im not 100% sure how saves work one the XB1.

On PS4 save are stored locally then later uploaded to the cloud automatically or you can manually do so, so if the save goes bad you can redownload its last upload from the cloud. PS also have the option of saving to usb for an extra backup.

Does the XB1 save locally on the machine then later upload to the cloud or are they all saved to the cloud? I would assume it is saved locally first since not everyone has online right? If its saved locally then later uploaded like the ps4, maybe you can delete the local save files and redownload the cloud files. This is how PS users get around this issue. You just lose whateve you had done since the last uploaded save.

Wanderer11
08-25-2016, 05:03 PM
I lost 2 bikes last night with this exact same thing. I was riding bike when game crashed and when I logged back in (game is still there) I was standing on road where I was when game crashed but mini bike was gone. I had a lot of issues last night with game crashing... Guess I should've stayed off my bikes last night. Thank god I wasn't too far from home but did lose all my loot stored in bike.