PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer not working

TANGOBLAST131
08-28-2016, 08:03 PM
Im on the latest version of 7 days to die on Xbox and no one can join my multiplayer and i cant join any public or friends games it just says error contacting or sever timed out as one of the main reasons i enjoy this game is surviving with friends, thanks.

Hellsmoke
08-29-2016, 12:33 PM
Known issue caused by the update, we are waiting on a patch that fixes the patch. I have this exact same problem as do many others.

Mimikyu
08-30-2016, 09:43 PM
Everyone has had this issue but so far I've been able to have my brother join me no problem, wonder if it's because he lives right down the street or if that doesn't even matter. Patch 3 has been announced though and is supposed to fix the issue, so hopefully it'll be here soon. ^_^

timi1971
08-31-2016, 04:46 AM
Depends on your Internet. If you use the same ISP you may share the same connection or line to the Internet. Being that you live in the same area there is a good chance.

PixelCrisis
09-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Not sure if this will help but when this occurs with my friends and I, we do a couple things and so far, it has always fixed it for us.

The host of the game should properly restart their console (not just turn it off and on) and also unplug your router / modem for 3-5 minutes and plug it back in (not sure why this helps but it may have something to do with a static and/or dynamic IP address issue)

Have the players trying to join also properly restart their consoles and once the host is back in-game - retry their connections.

This has so far, always fixed our issues (we're on Xbox1 btw).

Good luck!