PDA

View Full Version : StaticSpawner and _info files

AshenTemper
08-29-2016, 01:58 PM
Hey all, first, thanks for all the help given to date! I really do appreciate it and its one of the things I've always enjoyed about modding communities (we're generally a helpful bunch).

I have most of my small world set up and ready to go but I have come across a few questions. First is to do with the StaticSpawner properties in the XML file. For example:

<property name="StaticSpawner.Class" value="SpawnMedium" />
<property name="StaticSpawner.Size" value="32,3,32" />
<property name="StaticSpawner.Trigger" value="160" />

Now I know that "SpawnMedium" maps to spawning.xml in /config. But what does each number for "Size" equate to and what does the Trigger value mean?

My assumption is size is, using the above example, 32 blocks E to W (and assuming it is 32 blocks east, and then 32 block west), guessing "3" is Y and that they spawn 3 levels up from the base of the prefab (probably due to foundations and flooring), and the last "32" is Z meaning spawn 32 N and 32 blocks S. Is this correct?

As for Trigger, is this how many blocks away the PC is from the NPC before it can react?

In building a few prefabs (I haven't uploaded any yet since I'm still cleaning them up), I've noticed that there are some prefabs that have an extra XML file with _info in the name that just seems to list what kind of items are used in the prefab and how many... is this a necessary file? Guessing not since I don't see a lot of them.

AshenTemper
08-30-2016, 12:33 AM
Also, if this is correct and it's X,Y,Z of the area they can spawn in:

<property name="StaticSpawner.Size" value="32,3,32" />

Is "0" considered the first layer or "1"?

I'm trying to test it myself but spawners seem to be hard to self-test.

AshenTemper
08-30-2016, 12:36 AM
Btw, got an answer for this:

<property name="StaticSpawner.Trigger" value="160" />

It's the distance you are away from the POI before it spawns entities (zombies and animals).

StompyNZ
08-30-2016, 01:27 AM
The _info files are just something that Hals editor can generate, which he added at my request for allowing my site (7days2mod.com) to show those block lists and dimentions on the web page. The game doesnt use them at all.

The trigger is the distance for the player to be from the prefab before it spawns the zombies in the spawner group. (assuming no spawn lag)

The size is the box that they spawn in around the prefab, not sure if its width or radius, and the 2 in the numbers means they spawn at group level since they are 2 blocks tall ;)

AshenTemper
08-30-2016, 03:07 PM
The _info files are just something that Hals editor can generate, which he added at my request for allowing my site (7days2mod.com) to show those block lists and dimentions on the web page. The game doesnt use them at all.

The trigger is the distance for the player to be from the prefab before it spawns the zombies in the spawner group. (assuming no spawn lag)

The size is the box that they spawn in around the prefab, not sure if its width or radius, and the 2 in the numbers means they spawn at group level since they are 2 blocks tall ;)

Fantastic! Thank you! About to play with it all on a live server (although I'm debating to go public pending on when A15 hits and what all that changes) and this was pretty much the final pieces I was having issues with when doing it locally. For example, one of the ones I was playing with was the train which is a really long but very small width and it was just using the default 32,2,32 for its spawners (even though the width is like 15 and the n/s is about 650) so I'll play with that and see if it is radius or not.

When I'm all done, I should probably post my doc somewhere since I've been recording all these bits and pieces of data there so I can stop asking n00b questions :)

LuckyStar
11-01-2016, 08:26 PM
The _info files are just something that Hals editor can generate, which he added at my request for allowing my site (7days2mod.com) ...

You have a website for modding?

O.o