PDA

View Full Version : [08/30][Message from the Team] Patch 3 Update!

Pages : [1] 2

Clare
08-30-2016, 06:20 PM
Patch 3 has been submitted to Sony and Microsoft and is waiting approval from each.

Below is the information passed onto me about what we can look forward to in Patch 3.

-Clare

-----------------------------------------------------------

7 Days to Die [Console]

Release Notes

Patch 3

PS4 Version 1.04

XB1 Version 1.0.4.0

Hey all! We are pleased to announce the arrival of Patch 3 for 7 Days to Die on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. This patch contains quite a few improvements and optimizations. As always, the list below includes a lot—though not all—of the Patch 3 fixes and improvements:

Stability and Performance

* Fixed an issue that caused a much higher volume of disconnects from Online Multiplayer games.

* Fixed an issue that was preventing zombie corpses from turning into gore blocks as quickly as they are intended to which caused drastic perf slowdown during horde battles.

* Implemented a system to back up save files on PS4 so that, if a user’s save data becomes corrupted due to a crash during the saving process, they will lose very little progress. This fix will only work for any future saves that become corrupted; it will not be able to recover data for users who have run into save data corruption prior to Patch 3.

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur while using the crafting menu.

* Fixed a crash that would occur when a player would take a part of a minibike while another player was driving it.

* Fixed an issue that was causing more frequent crashes in local multiplayer games.

* Fixed a crash that would occur when the first player for a local multiplayer game would quit out as soon as the second player joined.

* Fixed an unresponsive state that would occur on XB1 if the player removed the controller, suspended the game, added the controller back, and attempted to remove it again while on the main menu.

* Fixed a crash on PS4 that would sometimes occur when dismissing a controller disconnect pop-up.

* Fixed a crash that would occasionally occur when accessing loot containers.

* Fixed a crash that would occur on PS4 while loading a map after setting the system’s language to Arabic or Turkish.

Art and Animation

* Fixed an issue where the lighting update in Patch 2 caused lighting inside buildings to be too dark.

* Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 2 that caused the Mining Helmet light to be too dark and have a dark ring obstructing the player’s view.

* Fixed an issue where the light on the Mining Helmet would constantly move and rotate back and forth.

* Fixed an issue where having motion-blur on while riding a minibike would cause the character model to shake violently.

* Fixed an issue where the texture on the terrain would occasionally fail to load.

* Fixed a number of miscellaneous issues with character models and animations.

Audio

* Fixed an issue where SFX for thunder would play at too high a volume.

* Fixed an issue where SFX for rain would play at too high a volume.

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue where the layout of the D-Pad controls was inconsistent across items. The controls will now generally go as follows:

DOWN: “Drop”

RIGHT: “Favorite” and “Scrap”

LEFT: “Recipe,” “Repair,” and “Use”

UP: “Equip” and other, context-sensitive controls

* Changed horde spawning slightly to ensure each of the players in a MP game will get attacked by a horde, no matter where they are in the world.

* Added an improvement so the player can hold “X” (on PS4) or “A” (on XB1) on the left arrow to increase the number of items to craft when crafting.

* Fixed an issue where hordes would vanish and fail to respawn if a player quit out of the game in the middle of a blood moon.

* Fixed an issue where doors to pre-existing buildings and POIs would respawn after having been destroyed by the player.

* Fixed an issue where it would briefly be snowing on world load, regardless of current biome.

* Fixed an issue where the minibike would occasionally stop on steep slopes.

* Fixed an issue where time would pass in the game while in the “Building Environment” portion of the world loading sequence.

* Fixed an issue where structures near a large lake in Navezgane would collapse on player contact.

* Fixed an issue on XB1 where cobwebs would spawn when a player would place a Minibike Chassis.

* Fixed an exploit where a player could duplicate wooden crates by building a diving-board-like structure and standing on top of a crate placed near the end of it.

* Fixed an issue where the menu cursor would not snap to search bars.

* Fixed an issue where the pipe bomb would fall to the player’s feet when thrown.

* Slightly increased the number of bird nests that spawn into the game.

* Added the version number to the main menu screen.

Thank you for all of your continued support and enthusiasm! We are excited to keep working with you to improve your experience with 7 Days to Die.

Armour King
08-30-2016, 06:30 PM
Thanks for helping to make such a great game with such friendly people on it. Every update I see just makes the game way better.

RedMenace
08-30-2016, 06:31 PM
Sweet cant wait, rn on day 207 and feeling it :) can you be more specific wih the release though clare, once approved will it be available for download like the patch is already completed?

Clare
08-30-2016, 06:34 PM
Hey RedMenace, the patch needs to be completed before it is submitted for approval, so once it gets approval it should be ready to go, but it can take some time to get through that process. Once I know more about when it is going Live, I will let you guys know.

Hellsmoke
08-30-2016, 06:36 PM
Yes :) Didn't sound too "solved" on the connection issues though. :/

BrockJohnson9
08-30-2016, 06:37 PM
Great news! Can't wait for this patch! Keep up the great work on this awesome game!

Nefarious
08-30-2016, 06:42 PM
Sweet cant wait, rn on day 207 and feeling it :) can you be more specific wih the release though clare, once approved will it be available for download like the patch is already completed?

The patch will be out next Tuesday for XB1. They always wait until Tuesday for any game patches.

Slimedavis
08-30-2016, 06:53 PM
These are some pretty good fixes and i'm glad for that!
But I have two major wishes regarding this game
1)I wish that the console versions get a bulky fps refinement 'cause every horde night,the game is just UNPLAYABLE,even when you see none of the zombies..Also,spontaneous and unjustified stattering during ANY time and place,can be a really annoying habit..
2)I wish the console versions get all the features and updates the pc version gets because otherwise would be a great dissapointment and FRAUD towards us ps4 and xone players..
Just keep up the good work!! :-)

stoogie13
08-30-2016, 06:55 PM
Very pleased about this patch, I know you're improving things the best you can, I just hope this improves the lag/stuttering issues especially on horde nights.. Great work guys, thanks for the update. 😉

methodofgroove
08-30-2016, 06:56 PM
How about our mini bikes disappearing after server crashes in single player and multiplayer on Xbox one?

BLACKAPOCOLYPSE
08-30-2016, 07:01 PM
Hi clare, great news about the patch. Thanks. Just out of interest though does this patch address the stuttering and major lag ? And also has the draw distance been increased at all ? I'm not talking distant terrain like alpha 15 I mean bringing the draw distance in line with the current pc version?

Thanks again

Reaper258th
08-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Great does this mean I might actually get to access multiplayer games and play the game I paid for??

The Red Leader
08-30-2016, 07:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gif

BigPinkDaddy
08-30-2016, 07:13 PM
These are some pretty good fixes and i'm glad for that!
But I have two major wishes regarding this game
1)I wish that the console versions get a bulky fps refinement 'cause every horde night,the game is just UNPLAYABLE,even when you see none of the zombies..Also,spontaneous and unjustified stattering during ANY time and place,can be a really annoying habit..
2)I wish the console versions get all the features and updates the pc version gets because otherwise would be a great dissapointment and FRAUD towards us ps4 and xone players..
Just keep up the good work!! :-)

1) Stability fix #2 on the list (zombies to gore blocks) is supposed to address the horde nights being unplayable.

2) How does your wish make it a 'FRAUD'?

Tw2Brick
08-30-2016, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the hard work. Life is good.

JustSomeGuy
08-30-2016, 07:26 PM
* Fixed an issue that caused a much higher volume of disconnects from Online Multiplayer games.

I really hope it fixes it. Then me and my buddy can go back to playing the game.
Now you guys need to look into fixing the extreme slow framerate during horde night.

Metagun
08-30-2016, 07:29 PM
My main concern is the minibike disappearing after a server crash for xbone, this is a strain. Ive had about 5 minibikes disappear, two with purple engines & batteries. Please make a patch for this, i heard they have had this problem on pc since 2015. Why hasnt it been fixed?

Clare
08-30-2016, 07:36 PM
I really hope it fixes it. Then me and my buddy can go back to playing the game.
Now you guys need to look into fixing the extreme slow framerate during horde night.

Second one down =)

JustSomeGuy
08-30-2016, 07:39 PM
Second one down =)

I guess I didn't read that part. Skimmed too fast.

Clare
08-30-2016, 07:44 PM
I guess I didn't read that part. Skimmed too fast.

we'll put it down to excitement lol

JustSomeGuy
08-30-2016, 07:48 PM
we'll put it down to excitement lol

Fair enough.
Thanks for updating us about the patch.

Eddyjr2008
08-30-2016, 07:48 PM
Awwwwesome. *Mutters to self: Hurry up Sony and Microsoft* I wish we had an estimated time frame that it usually takes to get approval for the patch but I'm guessing it is never really the same so there would be no way to know and you wouldn't want to say an estimate and have rotten tomatoes thrown at you when your a day off.... sighhh. This satisfied my 7DTD itch.... okkk I need more lol. JK keep up the good work Clare and all staff. I still enjoy the game as always and I know I'll probably be stoned to death for saying this but I hope this satisfies the bug issues and we can start hearing about some content. *Hint Hint*. Ughhh I know I know... ;-) We will know when you know. ;-( Need....more.....7DTD

Littles813
08-30-2016, 07:53 PM
Thanks for all your hard work. I notice the door fix (awesome), but does that also apply towards: a building changing back to the old broken windows & also deleting anything attached to it?

Reaper258th
08-30-2016, 08:05 PM
I notice only the people with good things to say about the game get answered on here.. But sadly not the ones who have paid for the game that doesn't work for them. That's not a developer I wish to support who won't answer to the things they have done wrong but will gladly parade and have smoke blown up their arses. Will try the game one more go after patch after that I will boycott the game and developer going forward.

Mimikyu
08-30-2016, 08:09 PM
I tried reading really well before asking but didn't see it listed, will this patch also fix the cobblestone blocks/ramps being invisible? ^_^

Kidliquid01
08-30-2016, 08:27 PM
Any word on the cobblestone textures being fixed in this patch?

Clare
08-30-2016, 08:38 PM
Thanks for all your hard work. I notice the door fix (awesome), but does that also apply towards: a building changing back to the old broken windows & also deleting anything attached to it?

The door fix will work with doors, and then should also help the issue with items being placed where prefabricated furniture and items were and vanishing. However your issue sounds like it could be the issue of a strip of world reverting back to its original form, not just the prefabricated base. Was the surrounding area changed too?

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't heard about the cobblestone issue recently... Sorry guys, will try get an update for ye.

Ninjadude860
08-30-2016, 08:40 PM
What about some of the cool stuff that PC gets like the Traders and the NPCs that walk around is Xbox ever going to get any of that stuff

Kade223
08-30-2016, 08:44 PM
Thank you guys for fixing the bugs and fixing door respawn I hate when I have to break the old door down to get into my base.

Vtelmo
08-30-2016, 09:00 PM
Hopefully we have this by this weekend. I have 4 days off and would love to play multiplayer all weekend. Not sure if the wife would like it though. Thanks for the update Claire

Mimikyu
08-30-2016, 09:02 PM
The door fix will work with doors, and then should also help the issue with items being placed where prefabricated furniture and items were and vanishing. However your issue sounds like it could be the issue of a strip of world reverting back to its original form, not just the prefabricated base. Was the surrounding area changed too?

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't heard about the cobblestone issue recently... Sorry guys, will try get an update for ye.

Thanks! :D
I love the look of cobblestone and still build with it but it can take longer and be quite confusing when you can't see your blocks, lol.
I'm not even trying to use the ramps right now lol, would def be impossible.

Glad the respawning thing is getting fixed, BF won't play with me until it is because he doesn't want his stuff to disappear.

Slimedavis
08-30-2016, 09:04 PM
1) Stability fix #2 on the list (zombies to gore blocks) is supposed to address the horde nights being unplayable.

1)I saw that and it got my hopes up.
But i'll believe it when I see it because,apart from that gamebreaking issue,the game doesn't run smoothly overall.Better than launch,but not really good.

2) How does your wish make it a 'FRAUD'?

2)I didn't say there IS a fraud,I said that there WOULD be a fraud if the console updates were for any reason,inconsistent to those of the pc version.I'm aware of the fact that Telltale and Iron Galaxy manage the console versions,and not the Pimps,so i'm into some cautious thinking 'cause of that.
Don't get me wrong,I like this game and that's why i'm so strict about things! :-)

Primus420
08-30-2016, 09:22 PM
Man I know it's in the hands of sony/Microsoft at this point but it's really a bummer. Been like 3 weeks since the last patch. I really had no issues with the game before patch 2. I'm 224 hours into my world and I can't play. The game will crash within a minute of starting every single time and then corrupt every single time. I don't see the point of starting a new game. Being that the update was not released it will likely be released next Tuesday. I really enjoy the game but I'm not really sure it's going to be worth playing for a while :(

timi1971
08-30-2016, 09:32 PM
I can't see traders making it into console version of this game. It would be a huge update if they did. Would be nice but I would like the team to concentrate on fixing what we have now. The last patch really botched up the game to the point were MP didn't work and when it did not for long. This in my opinion should have never happened. It makes it look like the patches were never tested or if they were tested over consoles that were linked. Not over the Internet, my friends were able to play MP because they lived in the same house but Internet play didn't work. Play for five minutes and booted.
Hope this patch fixes all issues. On the point of pc and console version's, I think both will be very different games. So we will see how this pans out, since I play both and been playing pc version since about 2013 I will be critical in my bug testing and reviews. Trying not to uphold it too the pc but more in playability and playing it for what it is. A console game.

Buttonz
08-30-2016, 09:41 PM
hi Clare

Just wondering if this patch will bring in any more calipers into looting to make them more available
We had found a set put them on the forge and went back to use them 10 mins later they were missing.
Have now been searching all stores , tree trunks, lumberjacks and houses for many many days straight and cannot find any more
Have found 4 Tap and tool sets but all we want are calipers
Is this something that will be changed with this update

Thank you !!
Jamie

Ric Walker
08-30-2016, 09:43 PM
The for me most wished fix was the POI for Random Gen... not in the patch, Clare?

but for the rest i can agree with the others: nice huge patch. When it works like intended it will fix nearly 80% of all reported problems. Strange Thing but i am exited what new bugs will come with that update ^^

timi1971
08-30-2016, 09:51 PM
hi Clare

Just wondering if this patch will bring in any more calipers into looting to make them more available
We had found a set put them on the forge and went back to use them 10 mins later they were missing.
Have now been searching all stores , tree trunks, lumberjacks and houses for many many days straight and cannot find any more
Have found 4 Tap and tool sets but all we want are calipers
Is this something that will be changed with this update

Thank you !!
Jamie

That's funny, I have four forges going and have calipers in all them with one to spare in a chest. The loot system is random, you never know what your going to get. Having quality Joe level 3 will help your chances of finding better loot and tools.

Buttonz
08-30-2016, 09:56 PM
That's funny, I have four forges going and have calipers in all them with one to spare in a chest. The loot system is random, you never know what your going to get. Having quality Joe level 3 will help your chances of finding better loot and tools.

Thanks for that
Yeah it's so painfull we have all looting at 100% including every one at level 3 !
So frustrating !
Cheers

timi1971
08-30-2016, 10:03 PM
Thanks for that
Yeah it's so painfull we have all looting at 100% including every one at level 3 !
So frustrating !
Cheers

Then I would just keep hitting working stiff tools till they appear. There are a few of them on the navegane map if that's what your playing. If your on a random Gen map then I wish you luck. It's hit and miss on those maps. Zombies do drop them as well but it's rare

Ric Walker
08-30-2016, 10:03 PM
i can confirm timi1971. never found a calipher until i raised quality Joe to level 1. but now found 3 worlds in row a calipher each before first horde night! Normaly spending my first 40 upgrading points in that order Miner69er lvl 1 than Quality Joe lvl 1 than concrete, than leather making (=Ledergerben (german)) normally have this 40 points before first horde night. this provides me with good defensive stuff and normally at least one calipher.

Jackelmyer
08-30-2016, 10:04 PM
Holy Tomato Paste! I'm soooo excited! *fangirl scream*

How long does the process take for Sony to make the update available?

And I reiterate...

*fangirl scream!*

Thanks for the update! I'm uh... yeah.. I'm looking forward to it... and stuff.. :)

Jackelmyer
08-30-2016, 10:15 PM
For all those who experienced the following....

* Fixed an issue where the pipe bomb would fall to the player’s feet when thrown.

BAHAHAHAHAHA! So many tears. All the tears...

Clare
08-30-2016, 10:19 PM
For all those who experienced the following....

BAHAHAHAHAHA! So many tears. All the tears...

Few of them in the Darwin Awards post I think... lol

- - - Updated - - -

The for me most wished fix was the POI for Random Gen... not in the patch, Clare?

but for the rest i can agree with the others: nice huge patch. When it works like intended it will fix nearly 80% of all reported problems. Strange Thing but i am exited what new bugs will come with that update ^^

Doesn't look like it made it into this one. I know they were working on it, perhaps there is still more work to do. Fingers crossed for the next one for this, looking forward to Claretopia.

timi1971
08-30-2016, 10:42 PM
POI are the same on PC, random Gen is a hit or miss thing. So I'm not expecting this to be fixed or improved upon anytime soon. I would like the current issues addressed.

Jackelmyer
08-30-2016, 11:05 PM
Sorry, POI? Is that Point of Interest? If so, what qualifies as a point of interest? POI's were mentioned in the release notes so figured I'd ask.

timi1971
08-30-2016, 11:10 PM
You are correct, points of interest. At the end of the roads are cemeteries, houses or cabins, ponds or bodies of water with docks and other things that have good loot.

Monknalot
08-30-2016, 11:21 PM
* Fixed an issue that was preventing zombie corpses from turning into gore blocks as quickly as they are intended to which caused drastic perf slowdown during horde battles.

So i know this will help on horde night. Though I wondering about the stuttering that happens on non-horde nights.

Claire could you let us know if this patch will help with that?

Btw nice to see Patch #3 coming out and I do hope that the improvements seen in all the A15 videos for PC make it to consoles at some point.

BBallaman369
08-30-2016, 11:34 PM
I posted this in another thread and didn't get an answer so maybe it'll get answered here.

Is there no patch for when you're on a mini bike and the game crashes you lose the mini bike? This has been an issue since the beginning.

Also, any patch on when you crash on the day the horde you never get the horde? Or are they just hoping that "fixing" the crash issues will take care of it? I play almost every day and I've gotten about 2 hordes since the last patch cause I crash so frequently.

bwestdpm9
08-30-2016, 11:34 PM
I don't see the invisible cobblestone frames in this fixes??? Will this not be addressed? On ps4 they are invisible until they are upgraded very annoying

Ric Walker
08-30-2016, 11:45 PM
I posted this in another thread and didn't get an answer so maybe it'll get answered here.

Is there no patch for when you're on a mini bike and the game crashes you lose the mini bike? This has been an issue since the beginning.

Also, any patch on when you crash on the day the horde you never get the horde? Or are they just hoping that "fixing" the crash issues will take care of it? I play almost every day and I've gotten about 2 hordes since the last patch cause I crash so frequently.

Both was fixed in version 1.03 fix (last patch (but few recorded still some bugs about it, so maybe not totaly fixed yet))

I don't see the invisible cobblestone frames in this fixes??? Will this not be addressed? On ps4 they are invisible until they are upgraded very annoying

They are working at that but Clare is going to get a statement from the team if they fixed it with the patch or not. (the text says the list is not all they had improved/fixed, but the most importend)

Littles813
08-30-2016, 11:57 PM
Yes. We replaced broken windows with bars and reverted back to broken windows. This happened several "game weeks" after we changed it. From top to bottom of the building. Also, we built a new building by water and the whole thing disappeared in a couple days of being built. Haven't played since, waiting for update

Yes. We replaced broken windows with bars and it reverted back to broken windows. This happened several "game weeks" after we changed it. From top to bottom of the building. Also, we built a new building by water and the whole thing disappeared in a couple days of being built. Haven't played since, waiting for update

Zlaun
08-31-2016, 12:32 AM
Hey Clare just curious! Did the MP in console get the full A15 LEVELED everybody gets their own horde? Where the game looks at your level and last death, abd how many friends ya got and their level/deaths and throws an leveled horde your way?

Elusivespade
08-31-2016, 12:52 AM
When trying to play with my brother we can play fine but as soon as we invite a friend I am kicked and then won't be able to play with him in the game again. Very frustrating when I bought the game for both of us to play. At this time I would not recommend this game to anyone

Gennev101st
08-31-2016, 01:01 AM
I was waiting for the fix of all the missing POIs on random gen, but i dont see nothing about that

GanstonHamuel
08-31-2016, 01:04 AM
Awesome news glad to hear an upcoming patch to fix it looks like almost every bug I've been experiencing besides the random stuttering issue and out of range zombie attack glitch. Once those get fixed if this patch is legit everything should be fine as far as major bugs.
I believe patches usually come out Tuesday but on smite sometimes patches are Wed. And Thur. So we could potentially get it tomorrow or the next day after. :)

DestroyWayne
08-31-2016, 01:10 AM
Hey Clare,
I see you mention this list doesn't cover everything. Do you know if the video stuttering improved in this update? I was so hoping for this one!

Thanks!

killedman2
08-31-2016, 01:23 AM
Frame rate drops being worked on? You know, the one that pauses the game every 30 seconds?

IBKillingfools
08-31-2016, 01:58 AM
Some people wont be happy no matter what they hear. I am thankful for all the patch's/fixes we get at this point. If this update fixes half of the issues I have been dealing with, then the game will be much more playable.

The Overcomer
08-31-2016, 02:53 AM
Hi Claire

Any news on how far off distant terrain, new POIs, zombies etc might be?

species736
08-31-2016, 02:59 AM
So why is it No Man's Sky can push out 7 updates in 2 weeks, some of which being downloadable to the console 2 hours after being announced, yet when it comes to 7 Day updates its always, "we need to wait for Sony and Microsoft, it'll probably be next week"???

The Overcomer
08-31-2016, 03:10 AM
After over 200 hours of playing every day, Ive just given up playing on disappointment waiting for when console gets Alpha 15 stuff. You see Alpha 15 final video and it's depressing we won't get anything like that .. Havent played in over 2 weeks and have no intention to.

faaeng
08-31-2016, 03:19 AM
Sounds good. Cant wait for the update. Thanks for the heads up Clare.

While great news and all, im still disappointed that the issue they finally figured out for the framerate stuttering prior to the last patch somehow still didnt make it into this one....

To bad theres no fix on the cobblestone frames, lack of POIs in rangen and the mini bike Houdini acts. Im a lil perturbed that inorder to resolve the horde night lag fests we have to lose out on loot from the bodies turning to gore blocks faster.

Still, the update LOOKS promising. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out in actual gameplay tho.

WynonaStealth
08-31-2016, 04:27 AM
FIX ♥♥♥♥ING RANDOM GEN POIS SPAWNING! I really want to play but haven't touched it becAUSE of this. None of my friends have either! It's a serious issue so take it seriously!

WynonaStealth
08-31-2016, 04:34 AM
TheOvercomer, this is funny. You must be a new player. I love watching all MadMoles videos showing off one new poi after another yet MONTHS after release we still don't even have the POIs that have been there since alpha 5! This is really getting annoying and its bothers me even more knowing many players don't even know random gen POIs are broken so I feel like it's only me, and a few others bringing it to the developers attention. The game is damn near unplayable without the POIs. Way less loot especially loot specific to certain POIs and way less fun due to severe lack of variety. there are SUPPOSED to be police stations with special containers that have a chance at complete weapons. And full neighborhoods other than the "big city" there's A LOT of really cool POIs that console is missing out on and I have zero desire to play untill this is addressed

timi1971
08-31-2016, 04:38 AM
Random Gen doesn't work correctly on PC either. So don't hold your breath expecting it to work on console

WynonaStealth
08-31-2016, 04:53 AM
O and TIMI1973, you are 100% incorrect please stop spreading false information. POIs on console are in fact broken. ALL dirt paths are SUPPOSED to lead to a poi of some kind, including a nice 2 story cabin WITH a forge already in it. On console, NO DIRT PATHS lead to a poi. They don't lead to jack ♥♥♥♥ if your lucky they will run you right into a lake

- - - Updated - - -

Random gen works just fine on pc I play every day

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose I'll ALSO add, my ps4 is more powerful than my pc, to some degree. Yet my pc runs the game FLAWLESSLY at higher quality. The only reason the game runs at 30fps and with low to mid pc settings, is due to more coding. Not a shadow of a doubt in my mind

- - - Updated - - -

Lol poor coding

timi1971
08-31-2016, 04:57 AM
Read my post again. I know they don't work.. I said they don't work on pc as well. It's not false info, I play both pc and xbox one. Sometime dirt paths on pc don't go anywhere as well.

The Overcomer
08-31-2016, 06:19 AM
Wow since Alpha 5... you must be wayyy more frustrated than I. To me this is the ultimate game that i want to play... but it's sooo far off. Id rather they hadn't released it and waited 6 months until it was perfect..

TheDinoRhino
08-31-2016, 09:54 AM
Great news, although I was hoping this patch would include a fix for the gamma option in the settings, or at least improved draw distance. Maybe in the next patch, eh? Nevertheless thanks for the heads up Clare, Keep up the fantastic work! :)

Nine0NineNinja
08-31-2016, 10:06 AM
Is there anyway to get your money back after buying this game off PlayStation store? I'd rather have the 30$ to spend on Friday the 13 game until this game is fixed then I'd buy it again but it's just unplayable for me as of right now. I will see how things are looking after this patch is released but it still seems like major issues imo haven't been addressed like the annoying stuttering every minute or so. There should be a button that automatically drops an item from your inventory so you can drop a lot of items you don't need rapidly while looting.

faaeng
08-31-2016, 10:37 AM
Is there anyway to get your money back after buying this game off PlayStation store? I'd rather have the 30$ to spend on Friday the 13 game until this game is fixed then I'd buy it again but it's just unplayable for me as of right now. I will see how things are looking after this patch is released but it still seems like major issues imo haven't been addressed like the annoying stuttering every minute or so. There should be a button that automatically drops an item from your inventory so you can drop a lot of items you don't need rapidly while looting.

You get a refund the exact same way you get a refund with any other product you buy. You contact the people you bought it from.
I mean no offence. Honestly I dont, but I just dont understand why/how people do not know this... lol

To drop an item go to it, press triangle and then press the corresponding button on the D-Pad to drop it.

Steve614
08-31-2016, 11:07 AM
What about some of the cool stuff that PC gets like the Traders and the NPCs that walk around is Xbox ever going to get any of that stuff

Remember minecraft didn't have everything that the pc did at first. Be patient it will happen eventually

Platypusmuerte
08-31-2016, 11:39 AM
Both was fixed in version 1.03 fix (last patch (but few recorded still some bugs about it, so maybe not totaly fixed yet))

They are working at that but Clare is going to get a statement from the team if they fixed it with the patch or not. (the text says the list is not all they had improved/fixed, but the most importend)

Nope on the mini bikes being fixed. It still happens on XBox One. Up to 11 bikes lost. It happens when the rider is moving on the bike at the moment of the crash. Also, had a few instances of lagging down into the street, only way out is dismount from bike, then poof, bike gone. Still happens, as of last night.

shrtwrec20
08-31-2016, 01:05 PM
Remember minecraft didn't have everything that the pc did at first. Be patient it will happen eventually

Actually. PC Minecraft still has more 😋

BBallaman369
08-31-2016, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=Ric Walker;486503]Both was fixed in version 1.03 fix (last patch (but few recorded still some bugs about it, so maybe not totaly fixed yet))

Neither were addressed in patch 1.03. If they were they weren't in the patch notes.

Loneranger
08-31-2016, 02:09 PM
I just wanted to say i love this game and have given up ark to play 7dtd more often and i hope this game never comes out on gold as the game would die off eventually. So keep it in alpha stage and keep updating the game imo. Keep up the great work clair.

NOPLEX
08-31-2016, 05:40 PM
Totally in love with this game. I've always been a huge zombie player in any form, and this game is no different. The possibilities are endless with how you can survive, you can definitely do so on your own terms haha. I'm very excited for this upcoming patch and I hope it will allow me and my son to stay connected in our private game. I've also had a good amount of minibikes disappear after being kicked out and joining back, so I've given up on those for now haha. Thank you Clare for the update and for being so hands on with us, not something everyone would do. Happy hunting fellow survivors!

InsaneYES
08-31-2016, 05:55 PM
Good to hear consoles are getting patched. Any chance rubberband controls have been fixed? I mean aiming with bow, trying to loot birds nest or anything requiring a tiniest bit of accuracy is nearly impossible atm. Sure it can be done, but precise/accurate controls are possible on consoles also. There are plenty of shooters out there to prove my point.

I'd like to see video of Joel playing an hour with console and hear his thoughts :D

Steve614
08-31-2016, 05:59 PM
Actually. PC Minecraft still has more 😋

True. But my point is that 7dtd will eventually catch up.

iAbomination
08-31-2016, 10:59 PM
Good job on all of the fixes! Way more than I was expecting. Gotta kick out of "* Fixed an issue where the pipe bomb would fall to the player’s feet when thrown." LMAO Look forward to the next update!

Zlaun
08-31-2016, 11:45 PM
Good to hear consoles are getting patched. Any chance rubberband controls have been fixed? I mean aiming with bow, trying to loot birds nest or anything requiring a tiniest bit of accuracy is nearly impossible atm. Sure it can be done, but precise/accurate controls are possible on consoles also. There are plenty of shooters out there to prove my point.

I'd like to see video of Joel playing an hour with console and hear his thoughts :D

Madmole's brother Richard can be watched playing in 3 videos pre console release here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL9xFMvG0BI&feature=share

Monknalot
09-01-2016, 01:37 AM
Madmole's brother Richard can be watched playing in 3 videos pre console release here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL9xFMvG0BI&feature=share

Thats cool. Though some info about what is being done to help with this issue would be GREAT!!!!

I also know that its not up the Fun Pimps but TT since there ones that put out the console version of this game.

ReaZi
09-01-2016, 02:22 AM
Thank You so much Now me and My friend can Play!!! :)

Snuffy Mark
09-01-2016, 04:22 AM
I'm excited about the Patch. Thanks for bringing us the news, Clare.

Especially excited about the "lights being turned back on" and fixing the mining helmet.

Mark

Battymatty
09-01-2016, 05:01 AM
Great job on patch 3. Well done to the team. Has there or is there going to be anything done to the random map generater. The maps are very empty as in just lots and lots of open land not even a campsite or house between towns and sometime not even a town. I know sometimes that would depend on the seed but think more could be added. Be great if you could let us know or give it some thought. Thanks again

Nice Loki
09-01-2016, 07:48 AM
I'm so happy to hear that TFP have pulled the next patch together so quickly. Thank you all, I really appreciate your hard work.

Is there any news on whether this patch will improve the weather (if only it were that easy irl) and day time lighting levels?

Clare, I have various bugs to report, such as serious horde night lag, 2 missing blood moon hordes, a couple of glitchy game mechanics (in addition to the ladder fail that I've already posted), etc.
Would you prefer me to wait until patch 3 is installed and if they're still causing problems, report them then. Or shall I go ahead and report them now?

7 Days to Cry
09-01-2016, 08:57 AM
Might have missed it but no fix for critical game failure on horde night due to crippling frame rate and eventual crash. I know you mention meat blocks but the frame rate crash appears befire a zombies even been attack its as soon as tgey spawn in.

Fixed an exploit where a player could duplicate wooden crates by building a diving-board-like structure and standing on top of a crate placed near the end of it.

Do what with the what, thats the stranges thing ive read in a while also hiw the hell do you even find thats a thing!

JON2
09-01-2016, 09:07 AM
I'm not playing this game until random gen is fixed and there's a lobby menu for open multiplayer games.

Clare
09-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Clare, I have various bugs to report, such as serious horde night lag, 2 missing blood moon hordes, a couple of glitchy game mechanics (in addition to the ladder fail that I've already posted), etc.
Would you prefer me to wait until patch 3 is installed and if they're still causing problems, report them then. Or shall I go ahead and report them now?

If the fix is mentioned up above, I recommend waiting, if you then find they are still occurring post patch3, please post reports and we can troubleshoot the issues - Thanks!

Nice Loki
09-01-2016, 01:03 PM
If the fix is mentioned up above, I recommend waiting, if you then find they are still occurring post patch3, please post reports and we can troubleshoot the issues - Thanks!

OK will do, thanks.

Platypusmuerte
09-01-2016, 01:16 PM
I have a few I am sitting on until after the update, just to see if they got squished before posting.

species736
09-01-2016, 02:38 PM
Any word on when the update will hit? My previous un-answered question still stands: how can other games, No Man's Sky for example, get updates live in a matter of hours but 7 Days to Die seems to always have their hands tied by waiting for Sony.

Platypusmuerte
09-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Any word on when the update will hit? My previous un-answered question still stands: how can other games, No Man's Sky for example, get updates live in a matter of hours but 7 Days to Die seems to always have their hands tied by waiting for Sony.

It depends on the depth of the changes in the patch/update I would imagine. The cert process is different for each platform somewhat.

I also am pretty sure I read the urgency of the patch content plays a role too. Personal feelings aside, our patch is not of an urgent nature. The game is playable (again personal feelings and frustrations aside...). All of these things also have to fit into the schedule of other products awaiting certification as well. And if any part fails any of its tests/assertions, back to the mothership it goes.

Nothing TFP can do, mostly, would affect this cycle really.

Canyon757
09-01-2016, 03:42 PM
Super excited for the patch! Thanks for the update Clare!

BBallaman369
09-01-2016, 07:34 PM
So are just ignoring the losing of mini bikes after a crash?

Or not getting a horde when the game crashes anytime on the horde day?

I've only gotten 2 hordes since the last patch and I lost a day 73 file and started a new one that's at day 103. So over 175 days and 2 hordes. Hopefully this patch actually makes the game run better, not worse.

lokitrixter
09-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Or not getting a horde when the game crashes anytime on the horde day?

I've only gotten 2 hordes since the last patch and I lost a day 73 file and started a new one that's at day 103. So over 175 days and 2 hordes. Hopefully this patch actually makes the game run better, not worse.

* Fixed an issue where hordes would vanish and fail to respawn if a player quit out of the game in the middle of a blood moon.
Maybe you didn't read this

BBallaman369
09-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Maybe you didn't read this

I did read it, did you? It said in the middle of a blood moon. If my game crashed at 8 AM on the day that there is supposed to be a day 7 horde, the horde never comes.

Brinke
09-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Great work!

So do u need to start a new game after the patch is downloaded or should it be fine to keep goin on ur save?

Ric Walker
09-01-2016, 09:47 PM
better start new and see if you get troubles.

if all is okay for you, you can continue with your old savegames.

thats the save way.

Skittz
09-02-2016, 04:01 PM
I did read it, did you? It said in the middle of a blood moon. If my game crashed at 8 AM on the day that there is supposed to be a day 7 horde, the horde never comes.

Well...in its current state it still happens. The patch hasnt rolled out yet to correct that issue.

BBallaman369
09-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Well...in its current state it still happens. The patch hasnt rolled out yet to correct that issue.

That's what the patch notes said. I'm not asking about that. I'm asking if the patch is supposed to correct that crashing during the day before a blood moon makes the horde never spawn.

Say it's day 14 at 9AM and my game crashes. Once the blood moon starts on that day, the horde never comes. That's the issue I'm having.

InsaneYES
09-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Seems to happen also if you quit playing on horde day morning and continue. Day 21 horde never came.

lokitrixter
09-02-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm sure if they fixed the horde disappearing during the blood moon they fixed the whole thing. I have logged out on horde day prior to 1800 and got the horde. Any time after that and I lose the horde.

Bridy
09-02-2016, 06:45 PM

The mini bike disappearing after a crash hasn't been fixed. I lost a mini bike last night due to this.

The lighting and weather fixes are great to hear about :)

Jackelmyer
09-02-2016, 06:47 PM
So I read Clare state mini bikes being lost were mostly fixed in a prior patch. I'm playing Private Online games with family, and we've lost 10+ mini bikes due to the game crashing. Every night we play we lose at least one mini bike.

It's likely going to be the reason we stop playing. We get the stutter lag every 20-30 seconds, even when no game save icon is showing in the top right. Invisible blocks. Invisible players.

Once I had been working on a mini bike, fully assembled it, game crashed, and the game replaced everything on my tool belt with mini bike parts, a whole bikes worth, but the bike I created was still present and fully assembled.

System: PS4
Game Host: Digital Download

Btw, it seems like playing the game using the Physical Disc is more reliable than the digital download. I have two PS4's in the house. One using digital download and one using a disc. The one using a disc seems to crash far less.

BucFanJKE
09-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Can't wait for this patch. I have had to put my world on hold due to horde lag. Excited to see that getting fixed.

Jackelmyer
09-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Something else about mini bikes lost. We seem to crash more frequently after we go into the mini bike, under the hood, to refuel or load the basket.

We also hunt with our mini bikes. Good old road kill. But we seem to crash more after going for a spin (hunt) with our bikes.

jago107
09-02-2016, 07:02 PM
Will this patch fix the momentary freezing that keeps happening on PS4? I'm playing solo offline, zombies disabled even, and the game will sometimes just freeze up for a moment randomly. It comes back, but it's just really annoying that it does it so often. And it does it no matter what I'm doing. I'll be just walking around, and it'll do it. I'll be in a menu and it'll do it. I'll be just standing still, and it'll do it.

Jackelmyer
09-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Will this patch fix the momentary freezing that keeps happening on PS4? I'm playing solo offline, zombies disabled even, and the game will sometimes just freeze up for a moment randomly. It comes back, but it's just really annoying that it does it so often. And it does it no matter what I'm doing. I'll be just walking around, and it'll do it. I'll be in a menu and it'll do it. I'll be just standing still, and it'll do it.

I've noticed with this bug, I call it a shutter, if it happens when I'm in my crafting menu, my cursor also jumps (on PS4). Usually jumps towards the top of the screen.

So for example, I'll have moved to select wooden spike traps in crafting, the 1-2 second lag/shutter will happen, and suddenly my cursor is up more towards my name at the top of the screen.

Kidliquid01
09-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Until they fix the map failing to load issue, it's safe to say the odds of losing a mini bike are about 50/50. I've lost several myself. I just lost my entire save and 168 map progress after a crash.

SgtBaker420
09-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Is there anyone around who has swapped out their hard drive for an SSD that could verify that they still get lag/stutter/shutter every few seconds as the game saves? It seems more likely that it is a stutter from the game saving than a coding issue or "bug". An SSD should greatly eliminate the pauses, I'm just not going to run out and buy one to test this hypothesis.

Ungarl
09-02-2016, 10:43 PM
Machine gun sound runs endlessly after I use it, I am on xb also thunderstorms kick me off game.

DomiRobbo
09-02-2016, 11:27 PM
Patch 3 has been submitted to Sony and Microsoft and is waiting approval from each.

Below is the information passed onto me about what we can look forward to in Patch 3.

-Clare

-----------------------------------------------------------

7 Days to Die [Console]

Release Notes

Patch 3

PS4 Version 1.04

XB1 Version 1.0.4.0

Hey all! We are pleased to announce the arrival of Patch 3 for 7 Days to Die on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. This patch contains quite a few improvements and optimizations. As always, the list below includes a lot—though not all—of the Patch 3 fixes and improvements:

Stability and Performance

* Implemented a system to back up save files on PS4 so that, if a user’s save data becomes corrupted due to a crash during the saving process, they will lose very little progress. This fix will only work for any future saves that become corrupted; it will not be able to recover data for users who have run into save data corruption prior to Patch 3.

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur while using the crafting menu.

* Fixed a crash that would occur when a player would take a part of a minibike while another player was driving it.

* Fixed an issue that was causing more frequent crashes in local multiplayer games.

* Fixed a crash that would occur when the first player for a local multiplayer game would quit out as soon as the second player joined.

* Fixed an unresponsive state that would occur on XB1 if the player removed the controller, suspended the game, added the controller back, and attempted to remove it again while on the main menu.

* Fixed a crash on PS4 that would sometimes occur when dismissing a controller disconnect pop-up.

* Fixed a crash that would occasionally occur when accessing loot containers.

* Fixed a crash that would occur on PS4 while loading a map after setting the system’s language to Arabic or Turkish.

Art and Animation

* Fixed an issue where the lighting update in Patch 2 caused lighting inside buildings to be too dark.

* Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 2 that caused the Mining Helmet light to be too dark and have a dark ring obstructing the player’s view.

* Fixed an issue where the light on the Mining Helmet would constantly move and rotate back and forth.

* Fixed an issue where having motion-blur on while riding a minibike would cause the character model to shake violently.

* Fixed an issue where the texture on the terrain would occasionally fail to load.

* Fixed a number of miscellaneous issues with character models and animations.

Audio

* Fixed an issue where SFX for thunder would play at too high a volume.

* Fixed an issue where SFX for rain would play at too high a volume.

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue where the layout of the D-Pad controls was inconsistent across items. The controls will now generally go as follows:

DOWN: “Drop”

RIGHT: “Favorite” and “Scrap”

LEFT: “Recipe,” “Repair,” and “Use”

UP: “Equip” and other, context-sensitive controls

* Changed horde spawning slightly to ensure each of the players in a MP game will get attacked by a horde, no matter where they are in the world.

* Added an improvement so the player can hold “X” (on PS4) or “A” (on XB1) on the left arrow to increase the number of items to craft when crafting.

* Fixed an issue where doors to pre-existing buildings and POIs would respawn after having been destroyed by the player.

* Fixed an issue where it would briefly be snowing on world load, regardless of current biome.

* Fixed an issue where the minibike would occasionally stop on steep slopes.

* Fixed an issue where time would pass in the game while in the “Building Environment” portion of the world loading sequence.

* Fixed an issue where structures near a large lake in Navezgane would collapse on player contact.

* Fixed an issue on XB1 where cobwebs would spawn when a player would place a Minibike Chassis.

* Fixed an exploit where a player could duplicate wooden crates by building a diving-board-like structure and standing on top of a crate placed near the end of it.

* Fixed an issue where the menu cursor would not snap to search bars.

* Slightly increased the number of bird nests that spawn into the game.

* Added the version number to the main menu screen.

Thank you for all of your continued support and enthusiasm! We are excited to keep working with you to improve your experience with 7 Days to Die.

all of this but still no horizontal splitscreen... *sigh*

timi1971
09-03-2016, 01:00 AM
So I read Clare state mini bikes being lost were mostly fixed in a prior patch. I'm playing Private Online games with family, and we've lost 10+ mini bikes due to the game crashing. Every night we play we lose at least one mini bike.

It's likely going to be the reason we stop playing. We get the stutter lag every 20-30 seconds, even when no game save icon is showing in the top right. Invisible blocks. Invisible players.

Once I had been working on a mini bike, fully assembled it, game crashed, and the game replaced everything on my tool belt with mini bike parts, a whole bikes worth, but the bike I created was still present and fully assembled.

System: PS4
Game Host: Digital Download

Btw, it seems like playing the game using the Physical Disc is more reliable than the digital download. I have two PS4's in the house. One using digital download and one using a disc. The one using a disc seems to crash far less.

Don't run more than one minibike at a time. We had three running at once and lost them all. The lag as well with them running was bad

Jackelmyer
09-03-2016, 01:54 AM
Our lag on mini bikes wasn't toooooo bad with three of us on them. But losing the bike over 3,000 blocks from home blows. Death Travel ftw. But now I have a death on that game. 😣

Adammair
09-03-2016, 03:21 AM
To bad they didn't put distance terrain in for ps4 and xb1

JustSomeGuy
09-03-2016, 07:42 AM
To bad they didn't put distance terrain in for ps4 and xb1

I'm curious if it can be pulled off on the console versions.

BLACKAPOCOLYPSE
09-03-2016, 10:25 AM
I agree, I have seen a lot of people asking when we will get alpha 15, I have no doubt in 6 months or so we will get small parts of alpha 15 but I doubt the consoles can handle the distant terrain and so on, that's why the draw distance is pretty woeful on console right now, they sacraficed draw distance and resolution to get the game to run. And we all know it struggles to do that as it is.

I just want the game to work and maybe get the draw distance the current alpha 14 pc build has?

The Red Leader
09-03-2016, 12:02 PM
I'm curious if it can be pulled off on the console versions.

They probably can pull of distance terrain on console, its probably just 'early' days for the console version and that kind of stuff will come later as it isn't an essential feature.

If you look at other games like Fallout 4 or even Just Cause 3 you can basically see from one side of the map to another without performance problems on console, so it is possible.

Canyon757
09-03-2016, 12:06 PM
They probably can pull of distance terrain on console, its probably just 'early' days for the console version and that kind of stuff will come later as it isn't an essential feature.

If you look at other games like Fallout 4 or even Just Cause 3 you can basically see from one side of the map to another without performance problems on console, so it is possible.

Just one more thing to keep looking forward too! We are very excited about this upcoming patch, my group of survivors has gone from 3 to 7! Have to run 2 different maps to keep playing with everyone!

Packet802
09-03-2016, 01:11 PM
So......it's Labor Day weekend and still no patch, at least not for XB1 yet. Guessing that means it won't be till next week now. Was really hoping it would go live Friday!

:-(

Mokkun
09-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Sigh, so player two will still not get his/her trophies.. hope you guys get telltale to add this soon..

Mikeymaster
09-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Ok seriously, when are we getting this update? It's pissing me off that we have been waiting one month + for an update and also Xbox/PS4 hasn't released this update. I'm getting ticked off and not playing this game anymore. Biggest waste of money and time ever. Minibikes disappearing hoard nights are insanely laggy. Never buy this game. Terrible job developers.

Jackelmyer
09-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Though I don't necessarily agree with how it was stated, it's fairly surprising that such issues with game play exist and updates are as slow as they are when such rampant stability issues exist.

You guys know that not addressing stability issues quickly is the best way to kill any piece of software right?

Like seriously. It's in the top two of shelving reasons.

Is not consistently stable as per the client (not per our own development objectives)
Is not performant enough to meet the experience expectations of the client.
Is not feature rich enough to draw a client.

Now... Reverse that for sales objectives. You're there. You're good enough on top two from a sales approach.

Now focus on not being shelved. Just my two cents. Love the concept, current content, and current main development path objectives!

open6l
09-03-2016, 07:38 PM

Those games aren't voxel based though. Much harder to do. Take minecraft for example - how far is the distance in that? Not very far.

Theycantstopme62
09-04-2016, 12:06 AM
How about our mini bikes disappearing after server crashes in single player and multiplayer on Xbox one?

I have this problem constantly on the ps4. I have loss countless bikes after crashing. Hopefully someone on this forum will take this and bring this problem to the light.

Hybrid141
09-04-2016, 06:31 AM
Could you guys just tell us if we're getting alpha 15 or not for PS4 and Xone? I love 7DTD don't get me wrong but if we don't get alpha 15 i'm going to get a refund for this game. It's honestly not fair if we don't get alpha 15.

skippy0330
09-04-2016, 07:26 AM
Those games aren't voxel based though. Much harder to do. Take minecraft for example - how far is the distance in that? Not very far.

also to add, too, in fallout 4 on console, it constantly crashed, lagged, bugged out, WAY worse than 7dtd, not to mention, if you were more than 40 feet from your base, it would disappear, so no, the "view distance" in fall out 4 is not view distance, its a painting. People really need to learn how video games work.

DomiRobbo
09-04-2016, 07:35 AM
if bf1 looks this good im sure it's possible :D

maughanorama
09-04-2016, 08:54 AM
if bf1 looks this good im sure it's possible :D

i hear ya ( i love bf4 and the bf1 beta)

problem is different gaming engine probably a very different budget. and very very different physics.

i love 7d2d but im on day 86 and have been everywhere on the map. maybe ill redoo my bunker i have a shed load of concrete mix ;)

jadedsanity
09-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Hey Claire,

First, thank you for keeping us updated on the progress. I understand how these things can take time to get completed.

My question is, I see a lot of fixes with the upcoming (hopefully soon to be approved) patch 3, but nothing was noted about adding anything new. Can we expect new additions to the game this coming patch? No specifics needed as I enjoy the surprise of reading the patch notes once they are fully released.

Thanks,

Jaded

open6l
09-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Could you guys just tell us if we're getting alpha 15 or not for PS4 and Xone? I love 7DTD don't get me wrong but if we don't get alpha 15 i'm going to get a refund for this game. It's honestly not fair if we don't get alpha 15.

What's not fair? You bought the game on the notion that you would be getting Alpha 15? Nowhere have TT or IG stated they would be giving you anything other than the feature complete copy you bought.

GlockuFy
09-04-2016, 05:21 PM
One thing that bugs me is not being able to type how many items I want to craft.

If we can search for items maybe it would be possible that we could type how many items we want to craft. With regular crafting I can just change how many items I'm holding. But when I want to make 500 bullet tips but my forge is holding 1700 lead, it's really hard to get it to 500 in a timely manner.

I also know that I can stop the crafting but then I would have to either sit and wait or keep checking to see if it was at 500.

Watching someone on PC be able to type how many they want to craft, makes me a bit jealous!

Thank you guys for reading!

Also- Is the patch coming out on Tuesday?

SgtBaker420
09-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Better controll over how many items to craft is in the upcoming patch.

Canyon757
09-04-2016, 07:05 PM
Better controll over how many items to craft is in the upcoming patch.

Yep yep! Happy happy! :-)

Ares GodOWar
09-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Dont worry you will get A15 on the console it wont be called that but you will get the features of it , MM said it himself

Deucaleon
09-04-2016, 09:35 PM
One thing that bugs me is not being able to type how many items I want to craft.

If we can search for items maybe it would be possible that we could type how many items we want to craft. With regular crafting I can just change how many items I'm holding. But when I want to make 500 bullet tips but my forge is holding 1700 lead, it's really hard to get it to 500 in a timely manner.

I also know that I can stop the crafting but then I would have to either sit and wait or keep checking to see if it was at 500.

Watching someone on PC be able to type how many they want to craft, makes me a bit jealous!

Thank you guys for reading!

Also- Is the patch coming out on Tuesday?

The workaround was to count up to 100 and then craft that multiple times

Stack1754
09-04-2016, 11:57 PM
Ok I know this isn't about the patch but is there any confirmation that console will get any versions of this game past 14? Is 15 being ported over?

GlockuFy
09-05-2016, 12:10 AM
The workaround was to count up to 100 and then craft that multiple times

Which is a great workaround except for the fact that i need 500 and the crafting is filled at 4 slots. I don't see why we can't type in what we need. Consoles support keyboards and even if you don't have a keyboard they are built in the screen and will be 50x faster than holding the button in and then fine tuning it to the number you want.

GlockuFy
09-05-2016, 12:33 AM
Also being the 3rd patch, why are majority of the POIs still broken! I still have no reason to follow the paths off the road. I'm at day 90 and I've explored every town and both hub cities on my random gen. There's just not enough exploration. Also, because the maps are actually quite smaller than what you would think! They go about 4000 (4KM I'm assuming) in each direction. And I do understand that it's hard to work on these bugs, it's just a big one I guess, lol. Some of them still work I believe. I've found 3 intersections on one map that have a store or a few houses maybe, and I've found one water tower.

The map size brings me to another point, why are the maps limited so much in size? Only 4 players can be in a game at once, correct? Maybe they could be extended another kilometer to add for a few more towns or another hub. (Even POIs when they work).

Also two last issues I've found in the game that are kind of big- #1- Minibikes will not go over 10 MPH no matter how awesome of an engine you put in it. #2- Mushrooms do not spawn on random gen, but they do spawn on Navezgane. I've checked out all the caves on my random gen map (unless I haven't found one or two yet), but there's no Mushrooms! I asked on Reddit and people were having the same issue. One guy said he was able to find 5 and he has been playing for a very long time.

I've spent countless hours on the game even with all the bugs it has. It's an amazing game nonetheless. I actually had been watching videos of it when it was PC, one of the games along with Rust that I would wish that I could play! I was so happy and surprised with the Xbox port. It's all I play along with Fallout, and a few Indie games.

Anyways, awesome job nonetheless, and thanks for reading.

irjvik
09-05-2016, 12:35 AM
I don't see why we can't type in what we need. Consoles support keyboards...

Hello.
Next gen consoles supports now almost any USB keyboards and mouse, I use a low-end 15 USD/Euros keyboard+mouse on my PS4 and it's fine.
For such a low-price, there is no excuse not to have one anymore.
And there is no excuse for devs not implementing it, as it already exists on PC version.

Also, because the maps are actually quite smaller than what you would think! They go about 4000 (4KM I'm assuming) in each direction.

It's 5km radius, easy to verify it, as you have coordinates on your map, just put the quick waypoint marker on 0,0 and walk to an edge of the map.

Besides that, minibike does not run at 10 mph, nor you don't walk at 4mph.
Easy to verify it, put the quick waypoint marker where you're standing and walk for an in-game hour straight (standard time, not modded, and disable zombie spawning, combat takes time), and look how far you are from the marker.
I'm sure you'll be surprised ...

As for the the thread :
I'm playing a solo game since day one, and now I have NO MORE CRASH.
Game is now stable on my PS4, and it's really fun to play it.
Great work, go on !

RickDiculas87
09-05-2016, 02:45 AM
I just want to know why pepole havnt joined my game. I'm on day 60ish and have not once had a single player join and I play nearly everyday

GlockuFy
09-05-2016, 02:46 AM
Hello.
Next gen consoles supports now almost any USB keyboards and mouse, I use a low-end 15 USD/Euros keyboard+mouse on my PS4 and it's fine.
For such a low-price, there is no excuse not to have one anymore.
And there is no excuse for devs not implementing it, as it already exists on PC version.

You didn't understand what I wrote. I said that consoles support keyboards, and I was confused to why searching for a wood frame is implemented, however, being able to type say 500 frames is not implemented. Holding something down and then fine tuning it still takes way more time, versus simply typing it. Even if somebody didn't have a keyboard, it would be quicker using the built in keyboard interface.

It's 5km radius, easy to verify it, as you have coordinates on your map, just put the quick waypoint marker on 0,0 and walk to an edge of the map.

Besides that, minibike does not run at 10 mph, nor you don't walk at 4mph.
Easy to verify it, put the quick waypoint marker where you're standing and walk for an in-game hour straight (standard time, not modded, and disable zombie spawning, combat takes time), and look how far you are from the marker.
I'm sure you'll be surprised ...

The edge of the map is 3920 for me on my random generated world. Maybe it's the seed you are playing on, I don't know, but once I hit 4000 I'm in a radiation zone (edge of the map).

Now, when you drag your cursor to the edge of the map it does go up to 5000. However, they cut ABOUT 1000 off with a radiation zone.

Also, the Minibikes do only go 10 MPH. Me and my girlfriend play together. I had a purple engine, she had a green engine. Which are different speeds on PC. We drove side by side and didn't stray away from each other at all.

Check the bike stats. They will say 10 MPH.

On top of it, most of us are not going to put a marker down and check the actual speeds of the bike. But the point is, there is no variation of speed based on your engines quality. (Except a brown one may give you 3 mph). So it may not actually go exactly "10" mph, but they are going much faster on PC. A channel I watch on YouTube had a bike at 13 MPH and I was surprised at how fast he was going at 13, while I feel like a slug going "10".

irjvik
09-05-2016, 05:27 AM
You didn't understand what I wrote...
In fact I must apologize, English is not my primary language (I'm French), so I put it on bad words.
I 100% agree with you, I just wanted to add there was no problem for a manual input (virtual or real keyboard) to be implemented.
I too often read various game companies complaining that "consoles have no keyboard so that's not possible", I just wanted to demonstrate it is a false point.

The edge of the map is 3920 for me on my random generated world. Maybe it's the seed you are playing on, I don't know, but once I hit 4000 I'm in a radiation zone (edge of the map).
You're right, thank you for the info.
I was fooled by the 5000 cursor indication. It's the total map size, not the playable map size.
I just checked it, I have exactly the same playable map size as yours.

As for the minibikes, I know they are only half implemented.
I just wanted to show you the mph shown in this game is irrelevant, as while running a straigth line during one game hour, I just did 750 meters !
A real life human walking speed is about 4km/h while walking slowly, and 6 km/h if used to walking on flat terrain.
So, starting from 0,0 in order to reach any map border, less than 4km, it takes less than one hour in the game if speeds are respected ...
This is not the case.

Ghiani16
09-05-2016, 07:15 AM

I have the same ♥♥♥♥ so many freakin' times... Its like when we play with 4 players i our server ( friend of mine is host ) and the server crashes due to overcap players in server u loose ur mini bike. Most of the time when ur riding on it or what ever. Its terrible. I keep builiding these things for nothing.

Vtelmo
09-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Hahaha I must be lucky I am on day 53 and have not lost a mini bike yet. I have crashed a couple times and have had to waste a half day looking for it but I did find it. I do have another one in my inventory if I do lose it. 😉 BUT is there any idea when the patch will be out. Looking forward to playing with friends again. I know it takes time but some updates as to when the patch will be out would be nice

Stahlbeisser71
09-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Dont worry you will get A15 on the console it wont be called that but you will get the features of it , MM said it himself

No more major bugs and update to A15 ? Sounds too good to be true :emmersed::nevreness::triumphant:

To the team : Keep up with the good work ! 7D2D is great ( except for the bugs ) and imho -next to Dark Souls 3- the Game of the Year 2016 on console :love_heart:

greetz,

Stahlbeisser71

Nick_Shannon
09-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Hey Guys.

Did you change your mind about releasing the patch or has something gone wrong?

Its gone awfully quite with regards to anymore updates on the status of the patch.

I tried to play again last night but its still pants.

I know im only one player but patience is wearing thing and im starting to resent the game as i cant play it.

Please dont let your game die!

Platypusmuerte
09-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Hey Guys.

Did you change your mind about releasing the patch or has something gone wrong?

Its gone awfully quite with regards to anymore updates on the status of the patch.

I tried to play again last night but its still pants.

I know im only one player but patience is wearing thing and im starting to resent the game as i cant play it.

Please dont let your game die!

It's a holiday weekend here in the states. Expectedly quiet.

Also it's been sent to cert, so out of their hands. Just waiting on MS and Sony to approve as far as we know.

systemcandy
09-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Also, the Minibikes do only go 10 MPH. Me and my girlfriend play together. I had a purple engine, she had a green engine. Which are different speeds on PC. We drove side by side and didn't stray away from each other at all.

Check the bike stats. They will say 10 MPH.

On top of it, most of us are not going to put a marker down and check the actual speeds of the bike. But the point is, there is no variation of speed based on your engines quality. (Except a brown one may give you 3 mph). So it may not actually go exactly "10" mph, but they are going much faster on PC. A channel I watch on YouTube had a bike at 13 MPH and I was surprised at how fast he was going at 13, while I feel like a slug going "10".

the bikes were doing up to 18 MPH when the game first launched but they were moving to fast and crashing the game a lot so they cut the speed to try and reduce the amount of bikes lost to crashes so hold on and let them get the rendering down first. I would rather keep my slow mini bike then lose four more top quality ones to crashes

GlockuFy
09-05-2016, 05:04 PM
the bikes were doing up to 18 MPH when the game first launched but they were moving to fast and crashing the game a lot so they cut the speed to try and reduce the amount of bikes lost to crashes so hold on and let them get the rendering down first. I would rather keep my slow mini bike then lose four more top quality ones to crashes

I understand. I got update #2 before I even had a chance to build a bike, so yeah, I never had that problem.

The rendering post patch #2 is horrible. Before that patch the game had no problem loading chunks (without Minibikes) and it was so smooth. Something in update 2 (I'm guessing the rain update - visuals) made the chunks load so much slower and have us standing and waiting for the next part of the map to load. I am really hoping that this patch takes care of big issues, so the next patch can have A15 features.

The biggest issues that need handling:

Rendering

Mininike issues (speed)

POIs

Not able to type the amount for crafting

I feel like these are the biggest issues and would make the game so much better if fixed.

systemcandy
09-05-2016, 05:10 PM
The biggest issues that need handling:

Rendering

Mininike issues (speed)

POIs

Not able to type the amount for crafting

I feel like these are the biggest issues and would make the game so much better if fixed.

Agreed

tigers13
09-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Tough cause we want finished game now, but if they keep patching and adding features like a15/a16 etc this game will be biblical.

Chorionic
09-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Eta on patch 3

davethebakerx2
09-05-2016, 10:12 PM
same thing we do every night pinky

Primus420
09-06-2016, 12:19 AM
Patch is live folks this is not a drill

DarthGotenks45
09-06-2016, 12:27 AM

Appreciate that!!!!!

Holmes108
09-06-2016, 12:33 AM
No prompt for me on Xbox yet.

Chorionic
09-06-2016, 12:36 AM
Restart console

Kidliquid01
09-06-2016, 12:41 AM

Is this confirmed? Not seeing anything.

Holmes108
09-06-2016, 12:58 AM
Is this confirmed? Not seeing anything.

Yeah reboot didn't help me on xbox. Could be rolling out gradually throughout the night though. We shall see.

JustSomeGuy
09-06-2016, 01:31 AM
Is it just me or has the resolution widened or something?

Kidliquid01
09-06-2016, 01:33 AM
Patch is live folks this is not a drill[/QUOTE

[QUOTE=JustSomeGuy;490135]Is it just me or has the resolution widened or something?

Did you get the update? Still nothing on my end.

Nicadeamus
09-06-2016, 01:33 AM
You are being trolled.

JustSomeGuy
09-06-2016, 01:36 AM
[QUOTE=Primus420;490106]Patch is live folks this is not a drill[/QUOTE

Did you get the update? Still nothing on my end.

Yeah, I got it. I'm playing the PS4 version. Either my four eyes are tricking me or the resolution has widened. I'm not saying it's bad but can't say if it's good either.

Kidliquid01
09-06-2016, 01:40 AM

Looks like PS4 gets the patch early then.

Skittz
09-06-2016, 01:48 AM
Yes but sad thing is i downloaded version 1.04, loaded a map, played for about 15 minutes and was disconnected from the game and kicked back to main menu

williamwjohnson
09-06-2016, 02:18 AM
Mines updating at the moment

Eddyjr2008
09-06-2016, 02:22 AM
Awwwwesome. Glad to hear it. I'm not around my ps4 right now but glad to hear bout the update. Hopefully we can hear of some new content b4 long if this patch goes well. Swwweet. :-)

Ares GodOWar
09-06-2016, 02:27 AM
Huge bug , Filled up to %100 food and water it is only lasting about 30 mins. this will make the game unplayable and needs to be fixed asap

ajmisback
09-06-2016, 02:27 AM
I was really excited for the update. I thought no more crashes. Loaded it up and crashed not long after load-up. :(

Nomaj
09-06-2016, 02:31 AM
I wonder why no one from the 7dtd development team on Twitter has said anything

benjilxp
09-06-2016, 02:49 AM
This patch is broken if your not constantly eating /drinking water you die,every time I enter a friends house i get 40% more hungry and 100% more thristy .I can watch myself go from 100% full food and water to zero in less than 5 mins.game is broken

Kidliquid01
09-06-2016, 02:52 AM

Watch. Patch is broken. Look at food and water consumption bug with basic game play.

https://youtu.be/2T2NAnun_f8

Platypusmuerte
09-06-2016, 02:52 AM
How is the patch out for PS4 only? Maybe a good thing after reading here and reddit. Clare?

Kidliquid01
09-06-2016, 02:58 AM
Look on the bright side, people. They just might release patch 4 in another month and break something else.

jago107
09-06-2016, 03:09 AM
Machine gun sound runs endlessly after I use it, I am on xb also thunderstorms kick me off game.

I had this happen with the SMG. But it was on a 2-player splitscreen game. Also, how come splitscreen is locked to the side by side split? Why isn't there an option to have top and bottom split? I've always played top and bottom split and I've always hated side by side split.

Gennev101st
09-06-2016, 03:10 AM
Where are all the patch notes?

Platypusmuerte
09-06-2016, 03:12 AM
Where are all the patch notes?

1st post in this thread.

Gennev101st
09-06-2016, 03:14 AM
Yeah i know but Clare said in that same post that it wasnt all of them.

Gennev101st
09-06-2016, 03:20 AM
Well now the game is really broken...
My food and water goes to cero in matter of nothing, just going up the ladder 3 times and boom cero water, cero food
Unplayable.

SirMang
09-06-2016, 03:27 AM
Another patch, another game breaking glitch.

Par for the course?

Watch yourself go from fully hydrated to dead from dehydration in 5 minutes!

Primus420
09-06-2016, 03:30 AM
Well horde night went smoothly but having the same issue with food and water levels running out way too quickly

killedman2
09-06-2016, 03:31 AM
Well, be prepared to be hungry & thirsty for another month. 4Th time's the charm.

PS, i love the game. Don't confuse my frustration. Thank you for all the hard work you guys do.

aceguy7
09-06-2016, 03:35 AM
Well I deleted all game saves and started everything fresh, started a new game and ive played about 30 minuets of game play, private random gen and have not seen the water food bug yet. Everything seems pretty good for me so far anyways. Will test more later. PS4 version here.

JustSomeGuy
09-06-2016, 03:36 AM
I'm getting the same problem as well about the food hunger and getting thirsty. It's going fast as usual. Did they change this or something? It's worse than the overheating problem.

Kidliquid01
09-06-2016, 03:40 AM
Well I deleted all game saves and started everything fresh, started a new game and ive played about 30 minuets of game play, private random gen and have not seen the water food bug yet. Everything seems pretty good for me so far anyways. Will test more later. PS4 version here.

Let's hope this is all thats needed. Otherwise it'll be a long ass month until they fix it.

Gennev101st
09-06-2016, 03:52 AM
It goes faster when you climb a ladder, i mean the food and water

- - - Updated - - -

Have you found any random POIs?

IBKillingfools
09-06-2016, 03:52 AM
Like everyone else, I love this game.. I am currently on day 78 or so, and have been quite busy building and collecting. Been avoiding the hordes for the most part because of lag... But anyway, I hope I don't have to restart from scratch as my current map is pretty good. Anyone else have any luck with getting rid of the food and water bug? I have lived with the issues currently, but that one would be a true killer.

JustSomeGuy
09-06-2016, 03:56 AM
Can anyone confirm about the disconnecting problem on multiplayer? Is it actually fixed? I can't test it out since my buddy is M.I.A. right now.

Primus420
09-06-2016, 04:02 AM
Connection seems better had a few people join my world within a few mins of downloading patch. I also couldn't play past day 239 without crashing and that seems to have been resolved. Lighting looks better. Appreciate the hard work on this patch but we seriously need a quick fix for this water/food bug. Even with level 5 skills for food and drink there is no way I'll be able to keep up with the demand

killedman2
09-06-2016, 04:03 AM
I found out it's a ladder issue

aceguy7
09-06-2016, 04:08 AM
Forgot to mention that after starting a fresh new random gen world private mode I encountered POI`s within the first 15 minuets of playing. Very good news to see this fixed at least. Ps4 version here.

IBKillingfools
09-06-2016, 04:11 AM
I found out it's a ladder issue
What do you mean by this.. I'm now confused. A ladder causes you to be thirsty or just using a ladder now requires a lot of food and water? If that's the case I'm S.O.L. as I have some LONG ladders.. lol.

Gennev101st
09-06-2016, 04:24 AM
Is that for real?

- - - Updated - - -

It bugs out your food and water % when you get up the ladder

sh0wtym3
09-06-2016, 04:25 AM
Ditto with the food and water issue here, dropped down to zero after using a ladder.

I think a similar issue might be happening with the gas for the mini bike. I've noticed a few times that I'll park it (with a decent amount of gas left), run around for a bit looting/hunting/whatever and when I come back the gas tank is empty.

JustSomeGuy
09-06-2016, 04:33 AM
Ditto with the food and water issue here, dropped down to zero after using a ladder.

I think a similar issue might be happening with the gas for the mini bike. I've noticed a few times that I'll park it (with a decent amount of gas left), run around for a bit looting/hunting/whatever and when I come back the gas tank is empty.

oh heck no....

Ares GodOWar
09-06-2016, 04:40 AM
Another bug can't turn some crops back into seeds

JustSomeGuy
09-06-2016, 04:42 AM
Another bug can't turn some crops back into seeds

You just go to the food tab section from the craft menu. The shortcut for the ear of corn to turn into seeds is not there.

Ares GodOWar
09-06-2016, 04:44 AM
You just go to the food tab section from the craft menu. The shortcut for the ear of corn to turn into seeds is not there.

Awesome thank you

JustSomeGuy
09-06-2016, 04:45 AM
Awesome thank you

Np, and the shortcut, I meant it's not there anymore for some reason. It's supposed to be there. I'm not sure about the others like blueberries and potatoes.

Gennev101st
09-06-2016, 04:52 AM
Random POIs? anyone found some?:/

ZombieZucchini
09-06-2016, 04:53 AM

I can confirm. Going up and down ladders seems to also consumes fuel in your minibike. Was at 48% fuel, got off, went up and down a ladder twice, and got back on and was down to 41%.

EDIT::

NO, Fuel just constantly drains at a quick pace while not on the minibike. Just getting off and running around for 20 seconds made fuel go down 3%

Battymatty
09-06-2016, 04:58 AM
Members of the team. Dont you try these patches before dishing them out? This is apalling work. Gone from nearly not playable to completely not playable. Can see some refunds or the team to put there hands in there pockets and get this fixed and more.

Leelee82
09-06-2016, 05:01 AM
Omg yes!!! Update 1.04 gets my approval lol... Mining light 10000% better , no jolt stops on hills for mini bike , horde gore blocks great no lag on 7th night at all local co op game save was great as well. Zero crash issues tonight and to make it all even better massive horde no issues at all WAY TO GO GUYS!!

killedman2
09-06-2016, 05:02 AM
I can confirm. Going up and down ladders seems to also consumes fuel in your minibike. Was at 48% fuel, got off, went up and down a ladder twice, and got back on and was down to 41%.

NO, Fuel just constantly drains at a quick pace while not on the minibike. Just getting off and running around for 20 seconds made fuel go down 3%

Damn mini bikes can't catch a break, no pun intended lol

Leelee82
09-06-2016, 05:03 AM
Members of the team. Dont you try these patches before dishing them out? This is apalling work. Gone from nearly not playable to completely not playable. Can see some refunds or the team to put there hands in there pockets and get this fixed and more.

Really? What issues are you having with the update I'm ps4 local co op tonight and for the first time in ages nothing wrong at all!! Horde spawn perfect no lags at all mining helmet better gas running great!

ZombieZucchini
09-06-2016, 05:03 AM

Actually, now I have no clue what the hell's going on with fuel. Trying different experiments yielded crazy different results.

The first time, going up and down a ladder made my fuel drop 7%

Then, running up and down a hill made fuel go down by 3%

Running down a flat road did not affect fuel any

Coming back to the same ladder and going up and down it again caused a 5% increase in fuel

Repeating the ladder, hill, and road experiments yielded either no change or drops randomly

smh

JustSomeGuy
09-06-2016, 05:07 AM
Omg yes!!! Update 1.04 gets my approval lol... Mining light 10000% better , no jolt stops on hills for mini bike , horde gore blocks great no lag on 7th night at all local co op game save was great as well. Zero crash issues tonight and to make it all even better massive horde no issues at all WAY TO GO GUYS!!

What day are you on?

Ares GodOWar
09-06-2016, 05:11 AM
I see we got the bird nests thats nice

LegendaryRecon0
09-06-2016, 05:17 AM
No update yet here

Gennev101st
09-06-2016, 05:18 AM
Restart your console

Chorionic
09-06-2016, 05:20 AM
Have you got it on the xbox?

LegendaryRecon0
09-06-2016, 05:23 AM
Ive restantes the Xbox à couple of times nothing

Gennev101st
09-06-2016, 05:26 AM
Well thats weird, im on ps4 dont know about xbox:/

And still no responde from Clare, something smells bad here

IBKillingfools
09-06-2016, 05:34 AM
Not sure that it's even been released on Xbox yet.. so I wouldn't be too worried.

Guppycur
09-06-2016, 06:12 AM
Well thats weird, im on ps4 dont know about xbox:/

And still no responde from Clare, something smells bad here
Maybe she lives in Ireland and it was 2am there when the patch came out, and only 7am now?

herrpohl
09-06-2016, 07:39 AM
Sounds like the hunger bug from A15 (visible in MM's videos) made it into the console patch. :confused:

Timilios
09-06-2016, 07:43 AM
Sounds like the hunger bug from A15 (visible in MM's videos) made it into the console patch. :confused:

Oooh yes it did!

faaeng
09-06-2016, 08:11 AM
Well, be prepared to be hungry & thirsty for another month. 4Th time's the charm.

PS, i love the game. Don't confuse my frustration. Thank you for all the hard work you guys do.

5th times a charm HOPEFULLY. While this is called Patch 3, it was in fact the 4th patch. Apparently they started counting from 0. /shrugs
Friends havn't been wanting to play the last few weeks cause its has gotten pretty bad with disconnects as of late and I don't see this patch making matters any better unfortunately...

wicheOSI
09-06-2016, 08:21 AM
So this hasn't gone live yet on the XB1? :/

Wh1teW0lf
09-06-2016, 08:23 AM

A15 on consoles confirmed?

shrtwrec20
09-06-2016, 08:50 AM

No. Not Alpha 15. Just one of it's bugs

TheAki
09-06-2016, 08:52 AM
patch up in ps4

JON2
09-06-2016, 09:05 AM
Typical. They (allegedly) fix random POI but break hunger and thirst according to what I've read on here.

Looks like I won't be playing for another long while.

Wh1teW0lf
09-06-2016, 09:10 AM

Can anyone confirm if this feature is working? My wife and I have only been playing up to day 10-15 then starting a new world as we don't want to go longer and have it all disappear to corruption. We have a great world we are currently playing but I might just come back to it later if there is still a possibility of losing it. I understand everyone's biggest concern is the food issue (mine as well) at the moment but knowing if this works will definitely help me to feel better about putting more time into our good world.

Naomistone1
09-06-2016, 09:11 AM
It will be 10 am in Ireland

Nice Loki
09-06-2016, 09:30 AM
We're downloading the update now for XBone

faaeng
09-06-2016, 09:32 AM
Can anyone confirm if this feature is working? My wife and I have only been playing up to day 10-15 then starting a new world as we don't want to go longer and have it all disappear to corruption. We have a great world we are currently playing but I might just come back to it later if there is still a possibility of losing it. I understand everyone's biggest concern is the food issue (mine as well) at the moment but knowing if this works will definitely help me to feel better about putting more time into our good world.

unsure, but since your on PS4 just get into the habbit of manually backing up your save files. If this works as intended it will be very nice indeed. Minimal lost data depending on how it is handled and cut back on having to do so manually, but sadly a similar feature is needed far more on the XB1 where they are unable to back up their saves at all.

Zompenguin
09-06-2016, 09:33 AM
So now I need to eat and drink every 3 minutes what is going on. This is a serious issue since you can barely farm or hunt fast enough to keep up with this bug. It's making the game unplayable and we can not be expected to wait a month for a fix. Unfortunately this would mean I could no longer play this game

IBKillingfools
09-06-2016, 09:36 AM
We're downloading the update now for XBone
Would really like to know if I should DL this patch when I get home, so any info you can give me would be appreciated.....

Nice Loki
09-06-2016, 09:40 AM
Would really like to know if I should DL this patch when I get home, so any info you can give me would be appreciated.....

Certainly will let you know ASAP.

herrpohl
09-06-2016, 09:47 AM
I'm sure consoles will get A15, you are already getting A15 features such as the new fog/lighting, plant models, new birdnests etc. which we don't have on PC yet.
Hope they can push out a hotfix for the hunger bug. Do hotfixes also have to go through the cert process?

zmilne27
09-06-2016, 10:17 AM
So now I need to eat and drink every 3 minutes what is going on. This is a serious issue since you can barely farm or hunt fast enough to keep up with this bug. It's making the game unplayable and we can not be expected to wait a month for a fix. Unfortunately this would mean I could no longer play this game

Yeah no kidding. It seems like the game play is much smoother and the graphics are a bit better, but I've literally gone through like half my stash of food in 20 minutes of playing. I get to 100% on food and water and 5 minutes later it's down below 25%. WTF...

Holmes108
09-06-2016, 10:54 AM
Yeah no kidding. It seems like the game play is much smoother and the graphics are a bit better, but I've literally gone through like half my stash of food in 20 minutes of playing. I get to 100% on food and water and 5 minutes later it's down below 25%. WTF...

Can anyone confirm this isnt happening if you haven't used a ladder? I don't have any ladders in my own bases, so it'd be easy for me to avoid for the time being if that's the trigger.

MorteSpiritu
09-06-2016, 10:56 AM
Cobblestone frames are now invisible. Its hard to build walls when you dont know where it is.:loyal:

faaeng
09-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Cobblestone frames are now invisible. Its hard to build walls when you dont know where it is.:loyal:

They've been invisible since the last patch sadly.

Advocate023
09-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Okay, Ive been playing 7Days since its release on PS4, and its currently one of my favorite titles to date.

Issues ive found with the latest update, and introduced with the patch 1.04 include the following:

1) Rapid Dehydration and Food Consumption with increase, and decrease in Elevation. There may also be a factor when taking damage, however I have experienced this loss without taking any damage in the process.

In a test I persormed, I would fill up on both food and drink, and then decend the 6 floors via ladder, and go to 80% Food Consumption, and 97% Water. Now I'm on day 156, and in this timeframe Ive ranked up to level 3 in both "The Survivor", and "Camel" skills. This effect is far worse, for my compatriots that have joined me on my map, complaining that they are being reduced to 0% immediately. This Individual has not been playing near as long as I have, and has not had the opportunity to spend points on these skills yet.

Needless to say, my corn fields are not growning near fast enough to keep up with the food consumption, and water demands.

2) When pressing Triangle on ear of corn, it no longer gives an option to view available recipes to locate corn meal, I can lookup "corn meal" on the search, and it will be able to locate, and address the issue. I have not taken the time to see if any other recipes were affected. I hope this will be addressed in a later patch.

I'm certain there was something else I had meant to report, but its slipped my mind.

As for Issues not currently addressed.

I personally have not had too many issues with auto-saves corrupting my save files....Yet. But Ive been annoyed by this one factor:

I do try to slow down in my movement so the game does not have to render quite so much in the background at once, and crash the game, however I do blue screen a lot while my games are saving. Typically because I'm covering a lot of ground while running or riding a mini-bike.

I enjoyed the mini-bike, but unfortunately Screen rendering is such a blur, that it causes frequent drops in framerates, and typically blue screens the game with error CE-34878-0 which is a corruption error, usually indicating a corruption that must be deleted, and then reinstalled, but has not been required with this game.

If blue screen while riding a mini-bike, when reloading back into the game, my mini-bikes are nowhere to be found.

Id like a map feature that automatically marks where you leave your mini-bikes, and also an indicator on the compass (much like a supply crate or waypoint) that shows up when in the vicinity of the mini-bike, for recovery.

Id also like to know if we will see multiplayer possibilities of greater than 4 players

Again, I'm a huge fan of this game, and hats off to The Fun Pimps for Conceptualizing and Creating this game. And to Telltale, for Helping to bring it to consoles. Kudos!!

Onizuka
09-06-2016, 11:40 AM
bonjour et merci pour ce jeu ^^ dites pourriez vous voir pour un patch pour que l'eau suive la route que on creuse si elle es plus bas niveau svp ? merci et aussi plus de zombies plus réguliers car parfois il se passe 3 jours sans en voir un et tout un coup tu t'en prend 80 sur la tête ^^ merci bonne journée 5et aussi peut etre mettre un montre géant de temps en temps ^^ )

Nomaj
09-06-2016, 11:54 AM
I have problems with food and water too after this update my food supply went out of stock the first hour. All I had was food cans. Also I noticed a few secret features not mentioned in the change log. Bird nest look like in alpha 15 could this suggest that we will be getting alpha 15?

Spellknight2
09-06-2016, 12:07 PM
Hey I'm a player on the xbox one and i've noticed something as well, the mini bike speed on the xbox one doesn't go to the highest speed. It's stuck at 10mph even if my engine is flawless at 600, is there a way to fix that?

aceguy7
09-06-2016, 12:28 PM
Ok just a few new things I noticed playing the game for about an hour now. New patch 1.04 ps4 version.

1. New higher quality textures on houses/buildings/trees/ground/rocks
2. New Birds Nest...Much more easier to see on the ground.
3. Lighting seems to be improved not as dark as before.
4. Mining Helmet light is brighter. no more dark rings.
5. I can hear Zombies sneaking up behind me now.. Hear foot step sounds
6. Stutter in framerate is a lot better than it was but it still seems to stutter at times.
7. Framerate overall seems a whole lot smoother
7. Poi`s seem to be fixed in random gen..At least they did for my game on a private random gen world.
8. There are new settings under video options for motion blur which can be set to different levels.

davethebakerx2
09-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Hey I'm a player on the xbox one and i've noticed something as well, the mini bike speed on the xbox one doesn't go to the highest speed. It's stuck at 10mph even if my engine is flawless at 600, is there a way to fix that?

thats a good speed. maby if you went faster the game could not render fast enough to keep up.

Sierra_VI
09-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Why do I get so thirsty and hungry when I climb a ladder?

Spellknight2
09-06-2016, 12:43 PM
thats a good speed. maby if you went faster the game could not render fast enough to keep up.

I can understand that, however I can just simply wait for the world to render as well, but I pointed this out for a reason. The pc and ps4 have a very fast bike but the xb1 doesn't? Doesn't that seem unfair to the players who wants to travel fast to cities and such? And it should have been included to begin with even if it'll cause rendering problems. The difference in the speed of the bike from slow to normal to fast to very fast, or whatever it is, that's part of the game in general and should have been added to both consoles, not just one.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do I get so thirsty and hungry when I climb a ladder?

That's happening to mainly everyone, it's worse when you climb ladders.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because of the latest patch.

IBKillingfools
09-06-2016, 01:27 PM
So, I just installed the latest patch for Xbox and I can report that I am not seeing any thirst of hunger issues on my current save, local single player. Lighting is much better..... Don't have the time to run the game thru it's paces but from my quick tests on wellness and rapid elevation changes and I don't see any of the PS4 issues.

courgi
09-06-2016, 02:54 PM
Great news that people are reporting POI's appear to be fixed on new maps post patch. Can anyone verify if POI's now show on already existing maps?

williamwjohnson
09-06-2016, 02:55 PM
I had problems last week before the new patch with the food/thirst thing. I played for an hour last night after the patch and didn't notice it. Wth?!

tigers13
09-06-2016, 03:00 PM
So, I just installed the latest patch for Xbox and I can report that I am not seeing any thirst of hunger issues on my current save, local single player. Lighting is much better..... Don't have the time to run the game thru it's paces but from my quick tests on wellness and rapid elevation changes and I don't see any of the PS4 issues.

I downloaded patch on xbox one, and when using ladders, my food/thirst drains instantly. Try going on a ladder..

BIGJERM724
09-06-2016, 03:04 PM
Should we start a new save (game) I really hope it fixed the issue where my 7 day hordes never spawn I got 9 days 54 min played and I don't wanna give up on it but it's getting to the point where my experience to the game is starting over I haven't even made it past day 21 because something always happens. So should I restart and hope for the best or this update won't effect old saves