PDA

View Full Version : [09/06] Patch 3 going live today Tuesday 6th Sept

Clare
09-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Hi all!

Patch 3 will be going live today, Tuesday the 6th of September.
Some of you have already grabbed it on PS4. I believe the plan was to have both PS4 and XB1 go live around the same time (around noon PST from what I heard) but it seems PS4 went live a bit earlier.

Apologies to the XB1 players who are stuck waiting, would speed it up if I could.

If you are finding any issues with the Patch, PLEASE go to the console bug reports section of the forums. I will not be able to chase multiple bugs below - I know some of you are there already, I will get to your posts ASAP.

Clare

SirSplintfast the Pungent
09-06-2016, 10:08 AM
http://reactionimage.org/img/gallery/336437537.gif

NavezGuy
09-06-2016, 10:59 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/NXvbWznxGifYc/giphy.gif

MasterChorx
09-06-2016, 11:01 AM
the patch has gone live, am downloading now on xbox

thanks

can not find all the latest patch notes on official website

NavezGuy
http://reactionimage.org/img/gallery/336437537.gif

How do you do that? Mine just posts a link to the meme.

Stack1754
There's a bug now when going up or down ladders the food and drink percentages will drop.

NavezGuy
09-06-2016, 11:06 AM
There's a bug now when going up or down ladders the food and drink percentages will drop.9

You're joking?

Kidliquid01
09-06-2016, 11:18 AM
You're joking?

Sadly, no. Knowing this dev team, they won't fix it/break something new for another month. These guys don't 'hotfix' anything. Console players have to suffer this teams growing pains.

Spellknight2
09-06-2016, 11:57 AM
Sadly, no. Knowing this dev team, they won't fix it/break something new for another month. These guys don't 'hotfix' anything. Console players have to suffer this teams growing pains.

"If you are finding any issues with the Patch, PLEASE go to the console bug reports section of the forums. I will not be able to chase multiple bugs below - I know some of you are there already, I will get to your posts ASAP."

davethebakerx2
09-06-2016, 12:32 PM
just use stairs

Spellknight2
09-06-2016, 12:34 PM
just use stairs
Stairs doesn't help the issue..

No_One
09-06-2016, 07:00 PM
A man is happy with this new patch. A man can finally play without interference.

SirSplintfast the Pungent
09-06-2016, 07:07 PM
How do you do that? Mine just posts a link to the meme.

Use the little image option in the message box toolbar.

... now if I could only figure out what kind of black magic is required to upload an avatar, I'll be set.

- - - Updated - - -

A man is happy with this new patch. A man can finally play without interference.

Valar bughulis.

Winston
09-06-2016, 07:09 PM
Hey, at least you console guys actually got a patch; the rest of us will probably be waiting another month (or longer) for the next one.

NavezGuy
09-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Hey, at least you console guys actually got a patch; the rest of us will probably be waiting another month (or longer) for the next one.

If they are going to make the game worse with every patch, we'd rather they didn't bother releasing one.

Tin
09-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Use the little image option in the message box toolbar.

... now if I could only figure out what kind of black magic is required to upload an avatar, I'll be set.

- - - Updated - - -

Valar bughulis.

1) Go to settings located at the top/right of the forums.
2) Edit Avatar *click*
3) choose Custom Avatar
4) Either brows the net or download a image to your puter and then upload it (max size is 100 x 100 pixels).

XAND3Rx420
09-06-2016, 08:06 PM
If anyone is wondering, the Xbox one version of the patch seems to be working just fine. The bug that drains your food/water with ladders is only on PS4. 😏

IBKillingfools
09-06-2016, 08:16 PM
I'm on Xbox without the issues as well on a save that I have 74 days completed. If this continues we may just be the lucky few. In the other thread there are Xbox one players reporting the same issues as PS4. I dunno. Hopefully it continues to stay away, as I love killing time on this game.

DoucheVader
09-06-2016, 08:44 PM
If they are going to make the game worse with every patch, we'd rather they didn't bother releasing one.

Drama Queen much man?

Do you really think the intention of the patches is to make the game worse? I get you aren't happy with the latest patch, but you are being ridiculous if you really think the development staff goes out of its way to patch the game to make it worse.

Every patch addresses previous issues -- EVERY ONE, otherwise they wouldn't patch.

Every patch has the potential to create additional issues, when you fix some problems sometimes other problems occur sometimes other problems are revealed.

Generally speaking this game runs a great deal better than its v1.0 days. Prior to the last patch mini-bikes were nearly non-usable. Now I have 4 of them in my instance.

- - - Updated - - -

PC Platform has a great deal fewer obstacles in order to patch.

Kgrant2001
09-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Hi I couldnt find console bug reports section, But what I could find was im having the same bloody issue - Try to join online multiplayer game - Starting game message then Failed to connect 😐 I thought this was fixed? Yes I have got the patch, Umm so yeah great 👍🏻

DoucheVader
09-06-2016, 08:55 PM
can not find all the latest patch notes on official website

Yeah it is a mystery to me why developers will release patches and wait to release the patch notes. LOL

Jinx
09-06-2016, 08:58 PM
Drama Queen much man?

Do you really think the intention of the patches is to make the game worse? I get you aren't happy with the latest patch, but you are being ridiculous if you really think the development staff goes out of its way to patch the game to make it worse.

Every patch addresses previous issues -- EVERY ONE, otherwise they wouldn't patch.

Every patch has the potential to create additional issues, when you fix some problems sometimes other problems occur sometimes other problems are revealed.

Generally speaking this game runs a great deal better than its v1.0 days. Prior to the last patch mini-bikes were nearly non-usable. Now I have 4 of them in my instance.

- - - Updated - - -

PC Platform has a great deal fewer obstacles in order to patch.

He didn't say they did it intentionally and he has a right to voice his frustration seeing as patch 2 made the game almost unplayable due to horde lag and now following patch 3 it is even less playable due to hunger/thirst bug. When you cannot play a game because everytime they attempt to address an issue they cause worse issues that makes the game even less playable people get annoyed and they are entitled to get annoyed..

Spellknight2
09-06-2016, 09:02 PM
Yeah it is a mystery to me why developers will release patches and wait to release the patch notes. LOL

"Post [08/30][Message from the Team] Patch 3 Update!
Patch 3 has been submitted to Sony and Microsoft and is waiting approval from each.

Below is the information passed onto me about what we can look forward to in Patch 3.

-Clare

-----------------------------------------------------------

7 Days to Die [Console]

Release Notes

Patch 3

PS4 Version 1.04

XB1 Version 1.0.4.0

Hey all! We are pleased to announce the arrival of Patch 3 for 7 Days to Die on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. This patch contains quite a few improvements and optimizations. As always, the list below includes a lot—though not all—of the Patch 3 fixes and improvements:

Stability and Performance

* Fixed an issue that caused a much higher volume of disconnects from Online Multiplayer games.

* Fixed an issue that was preventing zombie corpses from turning into gore blocks as quickly as they are intended to which caused drastic perf slowdown during horde battles.

* Implemented a system to back up save files on PS4 so that, if a user’s save data becomes corrupted due to a crash during the saving process, they will lose very little progress. This fix will only work for any future saves that become corrupted; it will not be able to recover data for users who have run into save data corruption prior to Patch 3.

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur while using the crafting menu.

* Fixed a crash that would occur when a player would take a part of a minibike while another player was driving it.

* Fixed an issue that was causing more frequent crashes in local multiplayer games.

* Fixed a crash that would occur when the first player for a local multiplayer game would quit out as soon as the second player joined.

* Fixed an unresponsive state that would occur on XB1 if the player removed the controller, suspended the game, added the controller back, and attempted to remove it again while on the main menu.

* Fixed a crash on PS4 that would sometimes occur when dismissing a controller disconnect pop-up.

* Fixed a crash that would occasionally occur when accessing loot containers.

* Fixed a crash that would occur on PS4 while loading a map after setting the system’s language to Arabic or Turkish.

Art and Animation

* Fixed an issue where the lighting update in Patch 2 caused lighting inside buildings to be too dark.

* Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 2 that caused the Mining Helmet light to be too dark and have a dark ring obstructing the player’s view.

* Fixed an issue where the light on the Mining Helmet would constantly move and rotate back and forth.

* Fixed an issue where having motion-blur on while riding a minibike would cause the character model to shake violently.

* Fixed an issue where the texture on the terrain would occasionally fail to load.

* Fixed a number of miscellaneous issues with character models and animations.

Audio

* Fixed an issue where SFX for thunder would play at too high a volume.

* Fixed an issue where SFX for rain would play at too high a volume.

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue where the layout of the D-Pad controls was inconsistent across items. The controls will now generally go as follows:

DOWN: “Drop”

RIGHT: “Favorite” and “Scrap”

LEFT: “Recipe,” “Repair,” and “Use”

UP: “Equip” and other, context-sensitive controls

* Changed horde spawning slightly to ensure each of the players in a MP game will get attacked by a horde, no matter where they are in the world.

* Added an improvement so the player can hold “X” (on PS4) or “A” (on XB1) on the left arrow to increase the number of items to craft when crafting.

* Fixed an issue where hordes would vanish and fail to respawn if a player quit out of the game in the middle of a blood moon.

* Fixed an issue where doors to pre-existing buildings and POIs would respawn after having been destroyed by the player.

* Fixed an issue where it would briefly be snowing on world load, regardless of current biome.

* Fixed an issue where the minibike would occasionally stop on steep slopes.

* Fixed an issue where time would pass in the game while in the “Building Environment” portion of the world loading sequence.

* Fixed an issue where structures near a large lake in Navezgane would collapse on player contact.

* Fixed an issue on XB1 where cobwebs would spawn when a player would place a Minibike Chassis.

* Fixed an exploit where a player could duplicate wooden crates by building a diving-board-like structure and standing on top of a crate placed near the end of it.

* Fixed an issue where the menu cursor would not snap to search bars.

* Fixed an issue where the pipe bomb would fall to the player’s feet when thrown.

* Slightly increased the number of bird nests that spawn into the game.

* Added the version number to the main menu screen.

Thank you for all of your continued support and enthusiasm! We are excited to keep working with you to improve your experience with 7 Days to Die." There you go, that's the patch notes.

DoucheVader
09-06-2016, 09:06 PM
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?49061-08-30-Message-from-the-Team-Patch-3-Update

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't say they did it intentionally and he has a right to voice his frustration seeing as patch 2 made the game almost unplayable due to horde lag and now following patch 3 it is even less playable due to hunger/thirst bug. When you cannot play a game because everytime they attempt to address an issue they cause worse issues that makes the game even less playable people get annoyed and they are entitled to get annoyed..

I am not saying that he doesn't have a right to voice his opinion, but taking the tone that the "developers are against him" is just stupid IMHO. This guy is asserting the patches are making the game worse and I invite anyone who thinks that to remove the patches and try playing the v1.0 version of the game to get perspective.

He may not have said the word intended, but his comment does place blame with the developers. As if they are supposed to release flawless patches every patch, every time. Please see the original quote...

Kgrant2001
09-06-2016, 09:10 PM
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?49061-08-30-Message-from-the-Team-Patch-3-Update

- - - Updated - - -

I am not saying that he doesn't have a right to voice his opinion, but taking the tone that the "developers are against him" is just stupid IMHO. This guy is asserting the patches are making the game worse and I invite anyone who thinks that to remove the patches and try playing the v1.0 version of the game to get perspective.

How to i get to v1.0 on xbox one?

daveyg
09-06-2016, 09:36 PM
Is anyone else still having issues joining multiplayer games on XB1, I haven't managed to join any, Just constant Error, Disconnect message every time :shame:

tigers13
09-06-2016, 09:48 PM
If anyone is wondering, the Xbox one version of the patch seems to be working just fine. The bug that drains your food/water with ladders is only on PS4. ��

Does on my x1 everytime...guess your lucky

Mr Mayhem
09-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Does on my x1 everytime...guess your lucky

Wish I was that lucky I'm X1 and have the ladder/food & drink bug also. Never been a pc guy but considering it , love this game but just not enjoyable in the current state on console.

IBKillingfools
09-06-2016, 11:24 PM
There are a few of us lucky ones I guess. We will see if it pops up after some more game play but so far my hunger and thirst are unaffected by ladders, stairs, ramps... All seems normal. Lighting is better, and things look much cleaner, but that was only a 20 minute test run to see if I got the bugs people are experiencing. Keeping my fingers crossed as I'm really into this game as well as my wife and daughter.

VillainX
09-06-2016, 11:44 PM
Clare,

Did they even let you play this patch while Sony sat on it for the last week? I played for 2 minutes before a glaring problem struck me in the gut... which was prbly longer than most ppl.

Great job keeping the community at bay, but sometimes it must be embarrassing.

V

tigers13
09-06-2016, 11:48 PM
Wish I was that lucky I'm X1 and have the ladder/food & drink bug also. Never been a pc guy but considering it , love this game but just not enjoyable in the current state on console.

Me too. Dont get for mac though, thats broken too. Need to run on windows

NavezGuy
09-07-2016, 02:53 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I am not saying that he doesn't have a right to voice his opinion, but taking the tone that the "developers are against him" is just stupid IMHO

He may not have said the word intended, but his comment does place blame with the developers. As if they are supposed to release flawless patches every patch, every time. Please see the original quote...

Where in my original comment does it imply that the "developers are against" me? You are seeing things that aren't there.

If I shouldn't blame the developers, who should I blame? You? They are the ones releasing the patches without testing them.

Maybe they aren't going to release a flawless patch every time, but they don't have to break the game every time either. Trivial bugs can be overlooked. Game breaking bugs can't. Especially when you have to wait a month between each patch.

At the end of the day, I'm only complaining because I Love the game and want to carry on playing it. I'm playing other games until this is finally playable again.

faaeng
09-07-2016, 08:32 AM
If you can't blame the people developing the game/patches when they release a patch that breaks the game who are you supposed to blame? o_O? No really. I wanna know. lol
If its not the people who did its fault who's fault is it? We know it's not intentional, but that doesnt take away the blame.

Looks like I'll be sitting on this game until they get their ♥♥♥♥ sorted out. Maybe it'll be out of Alpha by 2017...

K-Lude
09-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Hi I couldnt find console bug reports section, But what I could find was im having the same bloody issue - Try to join online multiplayer game - Starting game message then Failed to connect 😐 I thought this was fixed? Yes I have got the patch, Umm so yeah great 👍🏻

My roommate and I were having the same problem. Someone on the forums suggested we both hard reset our Xbox's. Well, it worked, and we were able to play

species736
09-07-2016, 03:23 PM
I gotta tell my friend about this ladder bug. They are trying to get wellness up to 200 for the trophy and it takes so long sitting in the cold waiting to get hungry lol

Gamida
09-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Clare,

Did they even let you play this patch while Sony sat on it for the last week? I played for 2 minutes before a glaring problem struck me in the gut... which was prbly longer than most ppl.

Great job keeping the community at bay, but sometimes it must be embarrassing.

V

I am not a console player and will probably get flamed for posting in this section.
Everyone is crapping on TFP's for these bugs getting through, but from what I have read doesn't Microsoft and Sony have the last say on if a patch passes? And isn't that also why patches take so long to get through.
Just curious.

VillianX, just used your post for context, not singling you out. :)

Clare
09-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Anyone having issues after this patch, please post a report in the bug reports section as they can get lost in threads like this and it is hard to chase multiple bugs in the same thread also.

Thank you
Clare

Spellknight2
09-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Anyone having issues after this patch, please post a report in the bug reports section as they can get lost in threads like this and it is hard to chase multiple bugs in the same thread also.

Thank you
Clare
Thank you clare for all your hard work through this stressful time.

Clare
09-07-2016, 04:01 PM

Stress? who's stressed? ahahahaha

O_O''

lol j/k thank you for your kind words and support!

Spellknight2
09-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Stress? who's stressed? ahahahaha

O_O''

lol j/k thank you for your kind words and support!

^_^ Mhmm!

benjilxp
09-07-2016, 04:14 PM

I think your in Der buddy;)

Eddyjr2008
09-07-2016, 04:20 PM
You need an oatmeal cookie right bout now don't you Clare?

NOPLEX
09-07-2016, 04:34 PM
You need an oatmeal cookie right bout now don't you Clare?

Mmmmmm cookies.

osrdb
09-08-2016, 12:24 PM
after the patch what is wrong with the lights

gavthepro
09-10-2016, 07:24 PM
when i use the mini bike and turn the durability of the bike goes down

Oxreigns
09-10-2016, 07:38 PM
I look forward to seeing if the multiplayer issues have been addressed yet so my friends and I can once again return to this game. I miss logging on and constructing new ideas as well as surviving the hordes with my buddies. It's still fun as a single player game but nothing compares to returning to the foxholes with your comrades.

kietpro_1990
09-20-2016, 08:25 AM
yeah ! :victorious: (http://remcuachauau.com.vn/rem-cua-dep)

jawdrop6
11-11-2016, 01:01 AM
Hello. Me and my buddy have just updated on our XBox1 and the game seems nicer and everything is good. However.... we can't find any of the new buildings. Prison, Football Stadium. Etc. I've read through the forums and didn't see this addressed anywhere. We even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Any help is appreciated.

EvoDJ44
11-11-2016, 01:51 AM
Hello. Me and my buddy have just updated on our XBox1 and the game seems nicer and everything is good. However.... we can't find any of the new buildings. Prison, Football Stadium. Etc. I've read through the forums and didn't see this addressed anywhere. We even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Any help is appreciated.

Did you start a fresh world?

Onin9190
11-11-2016, 06:01 AM

You won't find prison, football stadium or skatepark or any of new A15 POIs because they just fixed where POIs were not generating. They still haven't figured out a way to port all of A15 over to console yet. You are just able to find building in patch 5 at the end of dirt roads

Clare
11-11-2016, 12:21 PM
As Onin9190 stated this patch only fixed the problem with POIs generating in Random Gen, this did not add new ones in.

However, please be aware that you are posting on a thread about Patch 3. Please in future make sure you are posting under the correct topic.

Closing this post to prevent further confusion. If you wish to continue this discussion, please do so in a suitable thread or create your own.

Clare