PDA

View Full Version : [09/07][Message from the Team] - Ladder issue in Patch 3

Clare
09-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Hi all,

I know a lot of you are posting about the ladder issue, and I haven't had a chance to reply to you all individually, but I want you to know I do hear you. The team are aware of the frustrations this issue has caused and below is a message from the team with regards to this issue.

"We have identified the cause of the ladder issue and have implemented a fix that we're currently testing out. We're hoping to have an expedited patch out for you relatively soon. Thank you for your support and patience."

Once I have more information on the Expedited Patch I will share it with you guys.

Clare

09-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Hi all,

I know a lot of you are posting about the ladder issue, and I haven't had a chance to reply to you all individually, but I want you to know I do hear you. The team are aware of the frustrations this issue has caused and below is a message from the team with regards to this issue.

"We have identified the cause of the ladder issue and have implemented a fix that we're currently testing out. We're hoping to have an expedited patch out for you relatively soon. Thank you for your support and patience."

Once I have more information on the Expedited Patch I will share it with you guys.

Clare

I've have a problem with not being able to see the cobblestone frame when you lay it out. You can see it once you upgrade it with the cobblestone rocks. This started happening a few days before this patch.

skippy0330
09-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Hi all,

Clare

aww and i just made a witty episode about potatoes.

Clare
09-07-2016, 12:37 PM
I've have a problem with not being able to see the cobblestone frame when you lay it out. You can see it once you upgrade it with the cobblestone rocks. This started happening a few days before this patch.

This is a known issue from patch 2 that was not fixed in patch 3. Hopefully it shall be in the next patch.

ktrich
09-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Hello Clare,

Thank you for the update and thanks to the team for working on this issue so quickly!

Primus420
09-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Let's hope I can't play like this it's not practical

Eddyjr2008
09-07-2016, 12:51 PM
I am so happy to hear this patch will be expedited. I was at my brothers and his game was affected while we was playing splitscreen. I havent had a chance to test mine. I got home last night and have to work today. We was like noooooo. No 7DTD for us. Lol. I hope this gets donw quick cause I was craving some 7DTD after work today :-/

Istdet
09-07-2016, 12:51 PM
♥♥♥♥ yeah! Love the response to this issue

Timiun
09-07-2016, 12:53 PM
Although I got lucky and was unable to patch yesterday due to Sony network being down I have not experienced this bug. Was still able to play on last version. It is good to see a quick response to this issue. Thanks Clare for all you do. Good job by the team to responding so quickly. Keep up the good work. 👍

Eddyjr2008
09-07-2016, 01:27 PM
I am wondering what relatively soon and expedited means for this, like today or more like a week? I know we'll have more info when u do. I'm jus thinkin out loud. Also in laymans terms is there any way to explain what happened to make the ladders do that? I am jus curious and love to know stuff bout things like that. Great to hear a quick response, definitely.

vanasam
09-07-2016, 01:27 PM
And can't see any message of the team about the xbox issues in multiplayer game??? You said the problem is solved, but nothing happend.
My friend is can join me now, but after 10 min he can do nothing. No looting, no crafting, no gathering.. and i can t see him anymore?? Fix it.
Multiplayer makes the most fun.. but you can t handle it.
Just to remember, before all those "patches" everthing worked fine..
Just fix it.........

Nice Loki
09-07-2016, 01:36 PM

Awesome! I love your vids. I'll watch it tomorrow.

lynbash
09-07-2016, 01:58 PM
I am wondering what relatively soon and expedited means for this, like today or more like a week? I know we'll have more info when u do. I'm jus thinkin out loud. Also in laymans terms is there any way to explain what happened to make the ladders do that? I am jus curious and love to know stuff bout things like that. Great to hear a quick response, definitely.

I noticed since the patch the animation of the characters going up and down ladders is different...instead of legs not moving they now bend at the knee more realistically. I wonder if that has something to do with it?

For what it's worth, we tested the ladders last night and found if you go super slow up and down the ladders and try not to exit off of them "harshly" (double jump or jump off) you don't lose hunger.

Eddyjr2008
09-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Hmmmm yes My brother and I was jus naturally zooming around so that may of done it too. Also, we went up and down sets of 2-3 ladders with no hatch and it didnt happen so we thought yesssss it didnt affect us. Yea... lol then we got having to climb bigger sets of ladders even w/o hatches and it did it. Hmmm.

lynbash
09-07-2016, 02:10 PM

I hope it doesn't involve a fan for your sake but that was some funny stuff. Hope your whiplash is better. LOL

kadiusdar
09-07-2016, 02:48 PM
And can't see any message of the team about the xbox issues in multiplayer game??? You said the problem is solved, but nothing happend.
My friend is can join me now, but after 10 min he can do nothing. No looting, no crafting, no gathering.. and i can t see him anymore?? Fix it.
Just fix it.........
Fixing one bug can cause other bugs. Making patches isn't the easiest thing in the world. Give the team some slack. They've made tremendous strides with issues. More are to be expected. These things take time to do.

Spellknight2
09-07-2016, 03:22 PM
Just fix it.........

Everything didn't work fine which is why there are patches... And saying "just fix it" takes time, you can't force someone to fix something in a short time... And besides if you're telling clare this then you are in the wrong fourm because she is just a messager so please apologize to her and respect the fourms.

Canyon757
09-07-2016, 03:48 PM

Clare

Great news! I told some of my friends that if we go up and down backwards it doesn't seem to affect us or affect us as much, and they said "WHAT?" LOL!

Love hearing that the source of the issue has been found and look forward to the expedited patch!

Clare
09-07-2016, 03:49 PM
There seem to be some players still experiencing multiplayer issues, if you are, please post in the bug report section of the forums, I can miss reports like this if they are in seemingly unrelated topics and as the thread grows they can get lost more easily.

Clare

Pelardos
09-07-2016, 04:09 PM
There seem to be some players still experiencing multiplayer issues, if you are, please post in the bug report section of the forums, I can miss reports like this if they are in seemingly unrelated topics and as the thread grows they can get lost more easily.

Clare

That the ladder issue is gonna be fixed is great news. But im with the other guy on thus one. The multiplayer problem was a known problem that they promised was fixed with patch 1.04, but its still the same. The issue isnt on our side, not our internet connection because from launch till patch 1.03 me and my friends didnt have issues so the problem is with the new configuration. Plz tell this to the team because even with the ladder fixed we are onesmore bounded to play SP

Eddyjr2008
09-07-2016, 04:50 PM
One question, will this patch need to go through Sony/microsoft cert process or since its an expedited patch will they push it through? I'm jus curious not meanin no harm. Jus wondering if you have that particular info yet. I know you don't know when the patch is coming I jus am curious as to if it'll need to jump through all the hopes after you all are finished with it. The last regular patch was around a week for cert process and I didnt know if since it was expedited if itd get moved along my Sony/Microsoft faster than that.

zer0Degrees
09-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Other than the ladder bug , I just wanted to say that my game hasn't crashed one single time yet since the update. I'm on day 165. Also haven't had any horde lag at all. My game has been running smoothly. The only other thing I would want is for the mining helmet to be as bright as the flashlight. Thank you for working hard guys.Your doing a great job.

Theycantstopme62
09-08-2016, 01:41 AM
Hi all,

Clare

Step1: climb ladder out of underground base.
Step2: once at top of ladder immediately die.
Step3: once you respawn, simply climb ladder to your INFINITE DEATH!!!!!
Step4: PROFIT

steadogg
09-08-2016, 02:38 AM
Hi all,

Clare

Eta on the fix asap please the game is unplayable right now

Gennev101st
09-08-2016, 03:18 AM
Please we need fixed random POIs un this next patch!

Ezcaflowne
09-08-2016, 05:42 AM
Can we get some food added to air drops after this to get us back on track from the resources being over used.

IBKillingfools
09-08-2016, 06:14 AM
Can we get some food added to air drops after this to get us back on track from the resources being over used.

How a bout a warm glass of milk and maybe a bedtime story? They are doing what they can. Take a deep breath and play one if your 26 other games, and come back to a nice surprise.... Because the last time I checked WHINING never sped up the process.

Groweller
09-08-2016, 06:54 AM
This issue with Cobblestone frames started for me after the previous patch which also stopped me playing multiplayer..

Gennev101st
09-08-2016, 07:28 AM
Some people dont play anymore just because of the cobblestone frames being invisible, like for real? Just for that?
I could stop playing because of the lack of all random POIs that are broken that make the world a little less empty, but i cant stop playing, maaan if they fix that in the next patch i'll be so happy, those POIs really save random gen worlds.

Zompenguin
09-08-2016, 09:57 AM
Thank you for the response.

bigwill
09-08-2016, 12:51 PM
glad they fixed most of the lag and the connection issues. love this game so much but still get the connection issue from time to time played day fo patch no problem then last night when to play on my buddys wold and got disconnected after 5 mins tops. really need this fixed. and even when i play solo on my random gen mp world waiting for friends to get on i get disconnected after hour is its a pain when u tryin to stream it and gotta keep connecting. other then that love the work the teams doing keep it up and keep gettin these patches out

Killerpit
09-08-2016, 02:24 PM
I use to get disconnected all the time till i connected my ps4 directly to my router for me the issue was wifi if it dropped like 5% signal i would get disconnected. Hope this helps most that are having the issue

davethebakerx2
09-08-2016, 03:13 PM
How a bout a warm glass of milk and maybe a bedtime story? They are doing what they can. Take a deep breath and play one if your 26 other games, and come back to a nice surprise.... Because the last time I checked WHINING never sped up the process.

im not whining but ill take that warm milk

Grizzly294
09-08-2016, 05:53 PM

draphn
09-08-2016, 11:00 PM
Yeah it sucks, I miss killing Z's in horrendous ways soooo much at the moment. :hopelessness:
a re-roll option for the patch whould have been sweet.

shannara777
09-08-2016, 11:31 PM
So ....... jumping on the bandwagon somewhat, my husband & I are also suffering massively from the food & water issues. We have a ladder reaching all the way from ground level to bedrock - and it is impossible to climb without losing huge amounts of both ...... We switched all the ladders from wood to metal - and they're fine until we get to the top or bottom. Once we make that little hop to jump off at the top, or hit the ground (even sloooooooooooooowly) our food crashes to 0%, and the water isn't too far behind. All of our meat and potatoes are gone. We used all our water (except for 15 jars) to make corn on the cob - and things are looking worrying right now. We're well into day 400 or so, and play every day but I have to say that this may make the game unplayable until it's fixed .........

On the plus side, I love, love the improved graphics, and am happy to have the mining cap light back to normal. The difference in lag is wonderful - we had our first 7 day last night where we didn't have to turn off the game at all. It was great!!! Unfortunately, none of the zombies were carrying food :( I'd even take a sham sandwich right now ......

If you could just expedite a hotfix for this little problem, the world would be a better place. I look forward to receiving your updates.......

Ourhairsalon
09-09-2016, 03:44 AM
So ....... jumping on the bandwagon somewhat, my husband & I are also suffering massively from the food & water issues. We have a ladder reaching all the way from ground level to bedrock - and it is impossible to climb without losing huge amounts of both ...... We switched all the ladders from wood to metal - and they're fine until we get to the top or bottom. Once we make that little hop to jump off at the top, or hit the ground (even sloooooooooooooowly) our food crashes to 0%, and the water isn't too far behind. All of our meat and potatoes are gone. We used all our water (except for 15 jars) to make corn on the cob - and things are looking worrying right now. We're well into day 400 or so, and play every day but I have to say that this may make the game unplayable until it's fixed .........

On the plus side, I love, love the improved graphics, and am happy to have the mining cap light back to normal. The difference in lag is wonderful - we had our first 7 day last night where we didn't have to turn off the game at all. It was great!!! Unfortunately, none of the zombies were carrying food :( I'd even take a sham sandwich right now ......

If you could just expedite a hotfix for this little problem, the world would be a better place. I look forward to receiving your updates.......

Hope the food issues are fixed soon. I lost my character with patch 2 and had to start over. Now I'm back to where I was and now this. If not solved soon I will be finding a new game 😔

faaeng
09-09-2016, 05:19 AM
Nice to hear Clare. Thanks for the news update. I havn't touched the game since the patch. I hope this fix doesnt take too long to reach us.