PDA

View Full Version : [09/08] MULTIPLAYER ISSUES - post Patch 3 Survey

Clare
09-08-2016, 03:07 PM
Hi all,

While a lot of multiplayer issues have been solved, there are still a number of you unable to connect on multiplayer. We are currently looking to track down why that may be happening. The team as asked me to post a Survey for you so we can gather all the relevant information in one place.

Please DO NOT post bug reports in here, make a separate thread for them, this thread is for the survey only.

---------------

· What version are you on? Click here (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?42608-XBOX-and-PS4-Checking-your-Patch) on how to find out your version.
· Are you playing on PS4 or XB1?
· Is your console wireless or wired?
· Please run this internet speed (https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=speedtest) test on a computer on the same network as your console and report the results.
· Are you the host or a client?
· What type of game are you playing?
· Private
· Public
· What type of map are you playing?
· Random Generation
· Navezgane
· How many people are playing in the game?
· 2 People
· 3 People
· 4 People
· What is everyone experiencing? Please let us know what each person in the game is experiencing.
· Crashing
· Can't even join game
· Disconnecting immediately after joining
· Getting into the game and disconnecting after 10 minutes

Here is an example of what we are looking for:
· What version are you on? Click here (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?42608-XBOX-and-PS4-Checking-your-Patch) on how to find out your version.
· Patch 1.04
· PS4
· Wired
· Please run this internet speed (https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=speedtest) test on a computer with on same network as your console and report the results.
· 74.5 mbps download
· 77.0 mbps upload
· Host
· Private
· Navezgane
· Me hosting and three friends joining
· What are people experiencing? Please let us know what everyone in the group is experiencing.
· Host has no problems
· Client 1 disconnects immediately
· Client 2 has no problems
· Client 3 joins for about 10 minutes and then gets disconnected

---------------

Thank you,
Clare

Kgrant2001
09-08-2016, 03:39 PM
Patch 1.04 - (Newst Patch)
· Xbx1
· Wired also dont work on wifi
· Please run this internet speed test on a computer with on same network as your console and report the results.
· 35.67mbps download
· 8.75mbps upload
· Host
· Private - doesnt matter
· The one with the central city and random area - Think its random gen
· How many people are playing in the game? Me and a friend try too
· What are people experiencing? Please let us know what everyone in the group is experiencing.
· Host has no problems
· Client 1 disconnects immediately.

------------
Also cannot join on to any online games.
Also I am on BT, Maybe BT could be blocking packages, This is a possibility, No?

Specky_Geek
09-08-2016, 03:42 PM
I think the starvation bug is more important than the multiplayer problem , this is a great game please don't let it become a No Man Sky waste of space , a fix is needed ASAP please

racer mann
09-08-2016, 03:45 PM
· What version are you on? Click here on how to find out your version.
· Patch 1.04
· XB1
· wireless
· Please run this internet speed test on a computer with on same network as your console and report the results.
· 30.5 mbps download
· 4.10 mbps upload
· Host
· Private
· Navezgane
· Host crashes randomly more frequently when more players are connected
· Client 1 has no problems
· Client 3 joins after several minutes/tries and then gets disconnected after short play time

Cjm92
09-08-2016, 03:53 PM
· What version are you on? 1.04
· Are you playing on PS4 or XB1? XB1
· Is your console wireless or wired? Wireless
· Please run this internet speed test on a computer on the same network as your console and report the results. Download 34 mbps upload 18
· Are you the host or a client? tried both
tried all
tried both
have tried joining random games and with 1 or 2 friends joining my game

· What is everyone experiencing? Please let us know what each person in the game is experiencing.

host (myself) have no problems. player 1 and 2 cant join but have no trouble joining other games. when I try and join their games or other random games I cant even get in. get to either the 'waiting for server' or 'starting game' then I am dropped

Williebodean
09-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Anytime I eat it drink it just knocks it to 0 and I start dying. Please fix?

cloud999
09-08-2016, 04:05 PM
what version are you on

are you playing ps4 or xb1
.ps4

is console wired or wireless
.wireless

wireless speed
.3.89 Mb/s upload 1.01 Mb/s

are you host or client
.client

what type of game you play
.private

what map type
.random gen

how many people
.usually 2

what's your experience
.crashing/disconnecting/disconnect after 5 minutes/and immediately disconnect at times

JustSomeGuy
09-08-2016, 04:07 PM
· What version are you on?

PS4

Wired

· Please run this internet speed test on a computer on the same network as your console and report the results.
82.4 mbps download
12.8 mbps upload

My internet provider is Cox and lately I've been getting internet dips (random lag spikes). I know this because I've been getting them on every online game I played, however with the latest patch, me and my friend did not come across any online related problems like the repeating disconnections but he does have other problems.

Host

Private

Navezgane

2 People
Just me and my friend.

-We can't access our storage supply boxes, forges, campfires, etc. We have to be at a certain angle or even crouch to access them.

-My friend still has the world cutting out for him. Usually he would experience the constant disconnections with this problem but this time it would load after awhile. This is still a problem anyhow.

-My friend and I would get game crashes. It could be just simply crafting to just walking around. Not sure if you guys get crash dumps when I report a problem from the PS4 but hopefully you guys do

-Food hunger and getting thirsty is faster than usual, especially climbing ladders. Me and my friend are experiencing this, not just climbing ladders. It's just more worse when you do climb ladders.

-My friend still has his map grayed out as well as being pixelated/jumbled up

-Shortcuts to break down a certain food into seeds are no longer there. For example corn into corn seeds. Have to go to the food tab section on the craft menu to manually do it that way
--------------------------
These are the problems we're having so far but I'll report more on the thread I created at the console bug reports section. Thank you.

TheVoice865
09-08-2016, 04:14 PM
What version are you on? Click here on how to find out your version. The latest 1.04
· Are you playing on PS4 or XB1? Xb1
· Are you the host or a client? Client
· Public
Either
I don't know
I can't join any MP games, hosted by randoms or friends, and when I try host a game, friends disconnect within minutes

Funkinstein
09-08-2016, 04:39 PM
So far the ones not being able to connect have noticably lower upload than one would expect. Might want to add whether or not on these wireless connections anyone else in the house is using the wifi at the same time. If not might wanna change to hard line connect and see if you can get into and stay in multiplayer games.

niko2225
09-08-2016, 04:42 PM
XB1
Wired

· Please run this internet speed test on a computer on the same network as your console and report the results.
Download speed: 24.76 mbps
Upload Speed: 3.53 mbps

Client

Private

Random Generation

Varies between 3-4 people

Disconnecting immediately after joining
Basically me and my friends join the host, but disconnects immediately for each of us. The thing is we disconnect but are still in the game if that makes sense, as in that we cannot see each other, but we can see the host move perfectly, but the host can't see us.

maverekt
09-08-2016, 04:46 PM
· Patch 1.04
·Xbox1
· Wired
· 30.5 mbps download
· 6.0 mbps upload
· Host
Public
· Random Gen
· Me hosting and 3 more
· Host has no problems

Stoff187
09-08-2016, 04:56 PM
What version are you on? Click here on how to find out your version.
Xb1
Wirless
11 MB down , 1 MB up
Host
· Private
· Public
Private
· Random Generation
· Navezgane
Navezgane..
· 2 People ✔
· 3 People
· 4 People
· Crashing
· Can't even join game
I Host the Server , my friend try to join , There stand hes joning but After 10 sec There Stands he left, everytime disconectet
We are from germany !

Cjm92
09-08-2016, 04:59 PM
So far the ones not being able to connect have noticably lower upload than one would expect. Might want to add whether or not on these wireless connections anyone else in the house is using the wifi at the same time. If not might wanna change to hard line connect and see if you can get into and stay in multiplayer games.

18 mbps upload speed can play any other other game with no problems. don't think that's the problem

wicheOSI
09-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Xbox One
Wired
Download: 18.55 MB/s
Upload: 4.78 MB/s
Both, can't connect either way.
Private and public, can't connect on either.
Random Generation and Navezgane
2 People and 3 People
Both of them can connect with each other (I assume this is because they're on the same network) but I can't join them when they're hosting. When I am the host either of my friends can't even join game, it says failed to connect to server or disconnect after "Starting game" message.

Stevefrost79
09-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Xb1.
Wired.
4.33mbs.
Client.
· Private
· Random Generation
· What is everyone experiencing?
Map not loading and not able to open anything. Then disconnection after 10 mins of playing.

Mikeyman4202
09-08-2016, 05:52 PM
(PS4) (wireless) (60mbps DL 18mbps UL broadband speeds) (client) (private game) (2-4 players) (game map) the only problem I'm having is, Food and water are draining exponentially faster since update 1.04. Ladders are speeding this up as well. I haven't left my base for 3 in game weeks. Not worth wasting all my food/water. Please fix.

Kizmitt
09-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Mini bike takes unknown damage when you get on it. Every 4 hours or so game freezes latter kills food and water. Private server as Host, Xbox1 80\65 .
Can I also humbly request a update that allows me to not be required to be on so my companions can play on my server. Thanks keep up the amazing job hoping to see some 4k texture packs and new stuff in the future.

radman0184w
09-08-2016, 06:12 PM
1.04(newest)
XB1 S(newest version)
wired, but also tried wifi and still doesn't work
· Please run this internet speed (https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=speedtest) test on a computer on the same network as your console and report the results.
download-23.02Mbps
upload-1.95Mbps
I've been the host and the client, neither works.
· Private
· Public
I've tried Private(does not work), I've tried being host for multiplayer and inviting my one friend and does not work. My friend has also tried the same as me and and invited me to them and can not connect just like he can not connect to mine. But if I search to join a random multiplayer map of someone else that I don't know, I can join it, then my friend can join that same map by searching for the game I'm in or I can send him an invite for that random multiplayer. Basically neither I nor him can create a game and have either join BUT if we join onto someone else that we don't know ONLY by searching for a random open multiplayer game THEN we can both join that one........weird. But then that only goes so far because the person we don't know usually kicks us off of it. Plus you cant really gain any progress in the game because its not your map to save.....boooooooo
· Random Generation
· Navezgane
Random Gen
· 2 People
· 3 People
· 4 People
Two People. haven't tried inviting more than the one friend.
· Crashing
· Can't even join game
Myself and my friend can send an invite to each other(depending on who is the host), both of us can accept it and hit the button to join the game, it will sit there and say joining game, then that joining game window will disappear like its about to start loading the map, then all of sudden it pops up with a window that says error failed to connect to server.
Whoever is the host never has any issues, they can play in the game(map)that they created or started. Its always the other person that is trying to join the game that has issues and it does not matter who is the host.

thank you, Ben

· Patch 1.04
· PS4
· Wired
· Please run this internet speed (https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=speedtest) test on a computer with on same network as your console and report the results.
· 74.5 mbps download
· 77.0 mbps upload
· Host
· Private
· Navezgane
· Host has no problems

---------------

Thank you,
Clare[/QUOTE]

Hi all,

While a lot of multiplayer issues have been solved, there are still a number of you unable to connect on multiplayer. We are currently looking to track down why that may be happening. The team as asked me to post a Survey for you so we can gather all the relevant information in one place.

Please DO NOT post bug reports in here, make a separate thread for them, this thread is for the survey only.

---------------

1.04(newest)
XB1 S(newest version)
wired, but also tried wifi and still doesn't work
download-23.02Mbps
upload-1.95Mbps
I've been the host and the client, neither works.
· Private
· Public
I've tried Private(does not work), I've tried being host for multiplayer and inviting my one friend and does not work. My friend has also tried the same as me and and invited me to them and can not connect just like he can not connect to mine. But if I search to join a random multiplayer map of someone else that I don't know, I can join it, then my friend can join that same map by searching for the game I'm in or I can send him an invite for that random multiplayer. Basically neither I nor him can create a game and have either join BUT if we join onto someone else that we don't know ONLY by searching for a random open multiplayer game THEN we can both join that one........weird. But then that only goes so far because the person we don't know usually kicks us off of it. Plus you cant really gain any progress in the game because its not your map to save.....boooooooo
· Random Generation
· Navezgane
Random Gen
· 2 People
· 3 People
· 4 People
Two People. haven't tried inviting more than the one friend.
· Crashing
· Can't even join game
Myself and my friend can send an invite to each other(depending on who is the host), both of us can accept it and hit the button to join the game, it will sit there and say joining game, then that joining game window will disappear like its about to start loading the map, then all of sudden it pops up with a window that says error failed to connect to server.
Whoever is the host never has any issues, they can play in the game(map)that they created or started. Its always the other person that is trying to join the game that has issues and it does not matter who is the host.

thanks you, Ben

· Patch 1.04
· PS4
· Wired
· 74.5 mbps download
· 77.0 mbps upload
· Host
· Private
· Navezgane
· Host has no problems

---------------

Thank you,
Clare

7nofoodorwaterdie
09-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Guess my complaint won't be heard cause I'm not going to copy / paste all that bs here at work.

Fix the food and water issues on ps4.

lyonsd
09-08-2016, 07:29 PM
*Version:Ps4 1.04
*wired connection
*67.2 mbps download
*12.4 mbps upload
*Host
*survival Mulitiplayer
*Both Random gen and Navegane
*2-3 people in game
*Me hosting 2-3 friends joining

So after this last patch i found it didnt fix the crash where it Blue screens and gives you an error code.. For me this is on Random Gen map and it happens every 20 minutes to 1 hour.. Host(Me) feels bad lag to where it will freeze up for about 30 seconds then let ya resume playing and it does this none stop.. I recently started a new game on Navezgane map and have had no problems im on day 9 and havnt had one crash or blue screen makes me think its just random gen thats causing the crash atleast for me.

*host lag or stutter bad RANDOM GEN ONLY gets booted off application causing friends to get booted from game
*Client 1 no problems disconnects after host error occasional stutter or lag
*client 2 no problems disconnects after host error occasional stutter or lag
*client 3 no problems disconnects after host error occasional stutter or lag

Puppaluppa
09-08-2016, 07:45 PM
What version are you on?
· Patch 1.04

Are you playing on PS4 or XB1?
· XB1

Is your console wireless or wired?
· Wireless (wireless strength 100%)

Please run this internet speed test on a computer on the same network as your console and report the results.
· 32.2 mbps download
· 9.28 mbps upload
. Latency 152 ms
. Packet loss 0%
. Open NAT

Are you the host or a client?
· Host

What type of game are you playing?
. Private MP survival/scavenger

What type of map are you playing?
· Navezgane

How many people are playing in the game?
· Two. Me as Host and 1 client

What are people experiencing? Please let us know what everyone in the group is experiencing.
· As a host I have no problems but the client experiences the following;
. Within 40 minutes, a glitch manifests where the client is unable to access; storage boxes, forges, campfires, or, cannot pickup stone, pickup plants, open doors, open cupboards, chop wood etc. The client will quit and be invited back into the game. Upon rejoining, the client can see the host move perfectly, but cannot see any zombies. The client can interact with the world, but the host cannot see the result of those interactions. The host cannot see the client but their tracking marker is visible on the compass. The client tracking marker is not visible to the host on the map.
. Alternatively a glitch manifests where the client comes across an un-spawned area of the world. The client will quit and be invited back into the game. Upon rejoining, the client can see the host move perfectly, but cannot see any zombies. The client can interact with the world, but the host cannot see the result of those interactions. The host cannot see the client but their tracking marker is visible on the compass. The client tracking marker is not visible to the host on the map.
. Also, I cannot join any MP games, hosted by randoms or friends. I only see the 'waiting for server' screen and then I am dropped.

Amazonqueen
09-08-2016, 09:40 PM
I agree with specky geek. I don't play multi player, but play co op with my hubs. This is damn near unplayable now that all we are doing is worrying about food and water.

Gennev101st
09-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Dude you just have to worry about food and water if you climb up ladders.

KingStr0ngStyle
09-08-2016, 11:01 PM
On Xbox One, can give any detail after but I'm host and my NAT's open and my connection is fine. When the game freezes which happens way too frequently our minibikes disappear or spawn somewhere we were a few minutes ago. We can deal with the ladder issue for now but losing minibikes and a day or two worth of farming that was stored in the basket just sucks and makes me want to not keep playing and we just beat night 49.

bigwill
09-09-2016, 12:41 AM
how is the starvation bug more important then people actually being able to play the game thats just stupid

Godfather
09-09-2016, 02:31 AM
It don't matter you y'all can't fix it instead you y'all make it worse Than fixing it waiting another month for the same issue to be fix I not even going bother no more ark survival here I come

Specky_Geek
09-09-2016, 07:00 AM
Dude you just have to worry about food and water if you climb up ladders.

When your base is up ladders and your mine is down ladders there's not a lot going on in my 7DTD game , I have no issues with Multiplayer I'm PS4 Host , but when looting up and down stairs I'm also on a starvation diet , I think this needs fixed before Multi player , but I also want multiplayer fixed for other players on all consoles .

Specky_Geek
09-09-2016, 07:06 AM
I agree with specky geek. I don't play multi player, but play co op with my hubs. This is damn near unplayable now that all we are doing is worrying about food and water.

I'm feeling the same way , play multiplayer with no problems between Uk and USA players , I'd like for a quick fix on this to be put out if they know what it is , or even an update as to were there at with this issue , great game loads of potential for loads more hours of fun but not in this state .

Pelardos
09-09-2016, 09:25 AM
I noticed whenever somebody tries to join my navezgane private game, we lose connection for a short time in xbox party where we talk

Pishedoff
09-09-2016, 09:41 AM
XB1
Tried both
Tried both
· Private
· Public
Tried both
· Random Generation
· Navezgane
Tried both
· 2 People
· 3 People
· 4 People
Tried 2,3 and 4
· Can't even join game

Taylornater
09-09-2016, 10:37 AM
· Patch 1.0.4.0
· XB1
· Wired
· 38 mbps download
· 11 mbps upload
· Host
· Public & Private
· Navezgane
· Me hosting and one friend joining
· Host has no problems
· Friend can join but after about an hour of play he started experiencing major issues; not able to interact with forges, campfires, chests, doors. He exited the game and rejoined but after rejoining the terrain failed to load resulting in objects floating in the air and him not being able to move. He has provided me with pictures which I have posted below.

http://i.imgur.com/ITXmoYt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UtZAe1K.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EFbenmn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bboOZAT.jpg

Me playing as client I cannot join any of his games, public or private, I cannot join random games either, always get the 'failed to connect to server, please try again later' error. Also to add in case it helps, my friends connection speeds are 50 mbps download and 18 mbps upload. Both of us have open NATS, I am with BT he is with SKY, both of us in the UK. Also every other multiplayer game we play, Minecraft etc, work perfectly without any sort of connection issues.

Hincha2613
09-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Xbox one private. 2 people my friend is host
We play every day before patch 2.
Patch 2: 10mins...kicked
Patch 3 yesterday: play for 20mins than its crash. even when read by many creation plans and the gathering of corncobs. can open any more. some meters on run also comes the big nothing. no map before me

Today: cant join or host...cant play this game :((((

Specky_Geek
09-10-2016, 11:07 AM
. Host
· Public
· Navezgane
· 4 People
· What is everyone experiencing?
· No Problems at all after 8 hours yesterday , only starvation bug , and some small lag , No Crash .
· Patch 1.04
· PS4
· Wired
· 200 mbps download
· 12 mbps upload
· Host

JaziLara
09-11-2016, 05:08 AM
XBX1
Wired
Download: 5.04mbps
Upload: 0.65 mbps
A client
Private
Navezgane
4 People
-HOST: has no problem at all
-CLIENT 1: he can join when the host is using his account, but he cant join if client 4 (me) is using the host account
-CLIENT 3: he can join when client 4 is using the host account, but cannot join when the host is using his account
-CLIENT 4: cannot join when the host is using his account, but when I use it, host and client 3 can play with me.

*We just play on the HOSTs game

Kizmitt
09-12-2016, 04:30 AM
Freeze up during blood moon and about every 2.5 hours

Battymatty
09-12-2016, 10:51 AM
Any news on random map gen or places of interest?

Z0mbieFr3ak
09-12-2016, 12:48 PM
· Patch 1.04
· XB1
· wire
· 25 mbps download
· 1.5 mbps upload
· Tried both
· Private, regular multiplayer, creative
· Navezgane tried random too
· Me hosting and one sometimes two other, or friend hosting with one other sometimes two
· CNt join game they can't join me
· Stuck on screen start game never loads, he 7 in the corner spins can hear The game playing but never loads then says disconnected

MrScrubNasty
09-12-2016, 01:11 PM
·What version are you on? 1.0.2.0
· Is your console wireless or wired? Wired
· Internet speed: 87.5 down 11.9 up
· Are you the host or a client? host
· What type of game are you playing? Both
· What type of map are you playing? Random Generation
· How many people are playing in the game? 2-3
· What is everyone experiencing? Please let us know what each person in the game is experiencing. Crashing, crashing and more crashing. One person gets disconnected immediatly after joining.

--MrScrubNasty
https://www.twitch.tv/mrscrubnasty/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMDJe7T4jQU

beansprout24
09-12-2016, 02:15 PM
· What version are you on? Current Version
· Are you playing on PS4 or XB1? PS4
· Is your console wireless or wired? Wired
· Are you the host or a client? Client
· What type of game are you playing? Public & Private
· What type of map are you playing? Navezgane
· How many people are playing in the game? 3
· What are people experiencing? Please let us know what everyone in the group is experiencing. Currently we are all experiencing the ladder issue where food/water depletes rapidly; I did see a quick patch will be out for this soon, so not too concerned. I had the issue of chunks not loading in the game (had to back out and go back in), but have not experienced this the last few times we played. All parties are happy that large horde nights are no longer crashing; we're pushing day 100 and before the most current patch, there were so many zombies (which is a good thing; we love killing and looting them!) that the game would become unplayable as the bodies piled up. They like that the game is now playable on horde nights, but are reporting the bodies are breaking down faster than they can loot them; they want that happy medium of a working game on horde night and still being able to loot lots of bodies. Other than that, we seem to be doing ok and are enjoying the game!

GlockuFy
09-12-2016, 02:43 PM
· What version are you on? 1.04
· Please run this internet speed test on a computer on the same network as your console and report the results. Download 34 mbps upload 18
· Are you the host or a client? tried both
tried all
tried both
have tried joining random games and with 1 or 2 friends joining my game

host (myself) have no problems. player 1 and 2 cant join but have no trouble joining other games. when I try and join their games or other random games I cant even get in. get to either the 'waiting for server' or 'starting game' then I am dropped

You need to check your NAT type. Seems you are having issues with your NAT, not the internet.

In fact, I'll say this to everyone who has issues like this. Before saying that Multiplayer is "broken" please check your NAT in your consoles Network settings. If you have "moderate" or "strict" NAT you will not be able to connect to ANYONE else who has "moderate" or "strict".

It goes> Strict can ONLY connect to hosts who have Open. Moderate can only connect to Hosts who have Moderate -or- Open.

To fix this issue you can assign your Xbox a static IP and opening the ports for that IP address on your Router settings.

Do a quick google search "How to Open NAT on Xbox One by Opening Ports" and you should find a few guides. Note that you have to do some stuff in your router, and then afterwards you have to go into your Xbox One's Network settings and assign it an IP address which is not difficult. Just make sure you go through the entire guide.

I believe many of these issues can be solved like this. This game doesn't show your consoles NAT type on the UI. Certain games for consoles show you your NAT and even explain what it does. Once TellTale figures this out then they will too put it in the UI so that you're able to see your NAT and then you can troubleshoot why you can't connect to a certain person.

Mine is Open and I don't have issues connecting to players, I often host games with 3 other people in the game and it goes for 4-6 hours before it will crash.

Good luck everybody!
- Glock

wicheOSI
09-12-2016, 06:26 PM
You need to check your NAT type. Seems you are having issues with your NAT, not the internet.

In fact, I'll say this to everyone who has issues like this. Before saying that Multiplayer is "broken" please check your NAT in your consoles Network settings. If you have "moderate" or "strict" NAT you will not be able to connect to ANYONE else who has "moderate" or "strict".

It goes> Strict can ONLY connect to hosts who have Open. Moderate can only connect to Hosts who have Moderate -or- Open.

To fix this issue you can assign your Xbox a static IP and opening the ports for that IP address on your Router settings.

Do a quick google search "How to Open NAT on Xbox One by Opening Ports" and you should find a few guides. Note that you have to do some stuff in your router, and then afterwards you have to go into your Xbox One's Network settings and assign it an IP address which is not difficult. Just make sure you go through the entire guide.

I believe many of these issues can be solved like this. This game doesn't show your consoles NAT type on the UI. Certain games for consoles show you your NAT and even explain what it does. Once TellTale figures this out then they will too put it in the UI so that you're able to see your NAT and then you can troubleshoot why you can't connect to a certain person.

Mine is Open and I don't have issues connecting to players, I often host games with 3 other people in the game and it goes for 4-6 hours before it will crash.

Good luck everybody!
- Glock

My friends and I both have open NAT on our consoles and still can't connect to each other's games.

shrtwrec20
09-13-2016, 07:40 AM
My friends and I both have open NAT on our consoles and still can't connect to each other's games.

Same here

TravelerX1
09-13-2016, 08:58 PM
PS4
Wired
Hosts net speed is excellent, Client is moderate
Client
Private
Random
Host Crashes out as many as 4-5 times an hour, getting worse as we get deeper into the game.
Client has also crashed out as well. I believe we are on day 80 in game.

WeizenPaco v2
09-13-2016, 10:10 PM
- Xbox One
- Wired
- 40.33 Mbps download
- 8.14 Mbps Upload
- As Host no one can join
- As Client i cant join any servers
· Private
· Public
· Random Generation
· Navezgane
· 2 People
· I can't even join game
- Others work fine on these Servers
- No one can join when I host

Dajis
09-13-2016, 10:35 PM
What version are you on? 1.05
Ps4
Wired
· internet speed is great
· Are you the host or a client? host
· Private & Public
· Random Generation & Navezgane
· 2 People
· 3 People
· 4 People
all of the above
· error message blue screen with error code . happening since before all the patches and still happening every 30 mins or sooner.

Godfather
09-15-2016, 08:33 PM
Well I guess there not going to fix the xb1 multiplayer I think all xb1 players should just go head call Xbox support an get a refund back on a game that don't work

andrew1
09-16-2016, 02:06 AM
· Xbx1 slim
· Wireless
· 15.23mbps download
· 1.80mbps upload
· both
· tried all
· Tried both
· How many people are playing in the game? Me and 1-2 others
-when i host
· Host has no problems
· Client 1 disconnects immediately.
-Client 2 disconnects immediately.
-when friends host
-I automatically get disconnected from game or receive "couldnt connect to server" message
------------

Hincha2613
09-16-2016, 04:58 AM
· Patch 1.0.4.0
· XB1
· Wired
· 38 mbps download
· 11 mbps upload
· Host
· Public & Private
· Navezgane
· Me hosting and one friend joining
· Host has no problems
· Friend can join but after about an hour of play he started experiencing major issues; not able to interact with forges, campfires, chests, doors. He exited the game and rejoined but after rejoining the terrain failed to load resulting in objects floating in the air and him not being able to move. He has provided me with pictures which I have posted below.

http://i.imgur.com/ITXmoYt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UtZAe1K.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EFbenmn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bboOZAT.jpg

Me playing as client I cannot join any of his games, public or private, I cannot join random games either, always get the 'failed to connect to server, please try again later' error. Also to add in case it helps, my friends connection speeds are 50 mbps download and 18 mbps upload. Both of us have open NATS, I am with BT he is with SKY, both of us in the UK. Also every other multiplayer game we play, Minecraft etc, work perfectly without any sort of connection issues.

Have the same S.H.I.T after patch 2
NAT's are open
multiplayer should be have the highest priority. it does not work. frustrated
We give up until next patch!

Godfather
09-16-2016, 10:00 AM
They not going to fix they don't know how waited to long for the same issue to be fix basically it just turn into a single player game

Pelardos
09-18-2016, 09:50 AM
Is there any news on a multiplayer update yet? Like previously statet this has become a single player experience for alot of us.. i still love the game but its getting kind of boring alone..

gtasthehunter
09-18-2016, 11:07 AM
Please run this internet speed test on a computer with on same network as your console and report the results.
· 15.23mbps download
· 1.80mbps upload

Those speeds are really quite low.
And could be why you are seeing disconnects.

Cjm92
09-18-2016, 06:50 PM

I'm up at 40 download and 18 upload. It's not the problem

timi1971
09-19-2016, 03:14 AM
If they don't fix MP on xbox one then I want my money back. It's the only reason I bought the game was for MP. It's not my internet! I have plenty of speed for down and uploads. Beside every other MP game I own and friends own works fine. It's just this game. So let's lay off " it's your Internet " excuse instead of looking for the issue that's causing the problem.

gtasthehunter
09-19-2016, 07:29 AM
did anyone see the "Originally Posted by andrew1" that thing about speeds wasn't a reply to anyone else.

And maybe should ask others that are seeing disconnects and have them run speed tests!

Hope499
09-19-2016, 05:03 PM
Well I guess there not going to fix the xb1 multiplayer I think all xb1 players should just go head call Xbox support an get a refund back on a game that don't work

THIS.

IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 2 MONTHS.

I think that is the first all caps sentence I have written since i was 16....

But honestly, this is....I dont even have words for it. its not crazy or absured...those dont come close to describe it....

1- This issue has been reported since the first patch, 2 months ago

2-We have all tried fixing it, numerous times, by having all 4 people try hosting private and public games, all of us re-installing game, hard resetting system and modem and router, etc...

3- You have done 2 patches since this GAME BREAKING bug, and each patch has made it WORSE (first patch we could play for 15 min then disconnect, now its maybe 30 sec-3 min)

4- Only play this game with friends (there are better solo games) so I essentially have not been able to play for about 2 months now....

5- You advertised this game as a FULL GAME (not in the game preveiwe section, or under the test section, but as a FULL GAME)

6- I convinsed all 3 of my friends to buy it, the next DAY you patch it with this game breaking bug....last time they ever listen to me I am sure

7- You fast patch a stupid ladder bug right away, but this has been going on for months??? Like, WHO CARES about some stupid ladder glitch??? Some of us cant even play the damn game we paid for....

8-I wanted to support the game, and not ask for a refund, I have been fuilling out the surveys and the bug reports and doing it all how I am supposed to...but NOTHING is getting done! I am starting to feel like an idiot for supporting...

IS THERE ANY IDEA/ETA/PLAN TO FIX THE MULTIPLAYER SOON???

- - - Updated - - -

Not even trying to be insulting...but dont be stupid. We both know thats not the case...just stop.

- - - Updated - - -

If they don't fix MP on xbox one then I want my money back. It's the only reason I bought the game was for MP. .

100000% agree man.

Literally the only reason I bought it (one of the most fun MP games around, but single player? I got Fallout 4 if I want single player games...)

As much as I want to support the game, this is just getting to the point of crazy. Next patch if MP is not fixed, I will be also calling MS support to complain and request refund.

Steveo1013
09-19-2016, 10:05 PM
Patch 1.0.5.0
XB1
Wired
75.0 mbps download
5.89 mbps upload
Host and client, tried both
Private Survival, Public Survival, tried both
Navezgane and Random Gen, tried both
Typical scenario is me hosting, my friend trying to join, or him hosting and me trying to join. Random joiners don't seem to have a problem staying connected.

When I host, my friend can usually join on the first try or two. Everything seems fine, after 10-30 minutes of play (on a fresh game world) his character's model and tracker icon get stuck in one place on my screen (usually it looks like his character is still running in place) however he can see my character just fine and can continue moving around. Around the same time his character is frozen on my screen, he can no longer loot containers of any kind (they still say "Press Y to loot..." but he cannot interact.) After another minute or two at most of this behavior continuing, he is disconnected from the game and given an error message (disconnected from server or some such, it's happened so many times now we don't even read the message). If he attempts to connect again he will usually get the error message, but occasionally can connect again, but the disconnect behavior begins again after only a minute or two.

When my friend hosts, more often than not I either get to the "Waitng for Server..." screen or the "Starting Game" screen, hold for a little longer than usual, then get the disconnect error message. Occasionally I get into his game but have the same disconnect behavior he gets when in my game.

When we try to connect to either person's hosted game that is not "fresh" (i.e. really anything past day 1) it usually ends in complete failure to connect, but if a connection is made, the disconnect behavior occurs again almost immediately.

Other players we don't know seem to have no problem hopping into the game and staying connected. We can usually connect to some one else's game (at the same time) with no problems, however this isn't ideal as we don't get to really save anything. We were able to find one random game that the host was playing for most of the weekend and were both able to connect with no problem. The host's game kept crashing every once in a while, but he would invite us back and we could play and stay connected with no issues (there were plenty of bug issues, but no connection problems). Unfortunately this host hasn't played since that weekend so we essentially lost all of our progress (which is why we keep trying to get our own game going).

Internet Issues: While I agree I don't have the best upload speed, and my friend has worse speeds than I do, and on the face of it this does look like an internet connectivity/compatability issue, I find it difficult to believe that is the case. For one thing, while all of these connection issues are going on, we are able to be in Xbox party chat and have no problems there. Secondly, and far more telling from my point of view is the fact that my friend and I have been able to play numerous other games together online without any issue, across both Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles (in fact when he's about ready to throw his console out the window for lack of ability to play 7D2D we hop over to Dying Light and play for a while).

I'm not sure if there could be any connection to this issue, but my friend and I live in close proximity (<5 miles) but we use different ISPs. The one weekend game we were able to get into with another player, that player said he was somewhere in Central Standard time zone (US) and my friend and I live in Colorado, so in that instance at least there was some distance between host and client geographically.

For the time being I will try to find other players willing to host on this forum, and try to keep my friend from taking his copy of the game back until a fix is found. Fantastic game, lots of fun, REALLY wish I could play with my friend, and very patiently awaiting a fix so that I can jump buck naked into the zombie apocalypse!

Toxic Shock
09-20-2016, 12:07 AM
What is your nat type? i have had similar issues with my routers nat type not being correct and had issues with most of my games but not all. You might be able to change it in your routers dashboard.

Steveo1013
09-20-2016, 06:57 PM
What is your nat type? i have had similar issues with my routers nat type not being correct and had issues with most of my games but not all. You might be able to change it in your routers dashboard.

We have both checked NAT type via console settings on the Xbox and both display as OPEN. Not sure if this is pulled directly from the router's settings or if it's only displaying info for the console, I will have to look into my router's settings.

Joeymindy
09-21-2016, 11:31 PM
Patch 1050.
I play on ps4.
Done wireless and wired now.
86 up.
10 down.
Hosting and client.
Public only.
Navezgane.
Me and friend.
Gotta wait a long 4 hours for others to join (wish it would give an option on how long it takes for randoms to join.)
When others join that's when I crash.
When I join random servers I can play smooth for about 30 mins and then I can't loot anything, lag spikes and then map doesn't load up and stops me from being able to play.

Looks like everyone is having same and similar issues. How come 7dtd hasn't given an answer in over a month?

Clare
09-22-2016, 03:27 PM
Hi there,

I just wanted to thank everyone who filled in the suvery and submitted their accounts from what they are seeing. This has helped a lot and the team greatly appreciates your feedback. I shall hopefully have an update for you soon, for now, the thread is closed.

Thanks again for all your help and support,
Clare