PDA

View Full Version : [11/03] Message from the Team - Patch 5 Update and Notes

Clare
11-03-2016, 12:32 PM
Hi all,

Patch 5 has gone to Sony and Microsoft for approval! Below are the notes from the team...

Some of ya'll are gonna like this...

Clare

PS: Do NOT post bug reports below, I will not chase them in here. Please post with AS MUCH INFOMATION AS POSSIBLE in the CONSOLE BUG REPORTS section of the forums.
Please use this guide: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting
An post here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?83-Console-Bug-Reports

And before you ask I do NOT have info on A15 yet, when I do I will post it in it's own post.

----------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 5.0
PS4 Version 1.07
XB1 Version 1.0.7.0

Hey folks! It’s about that time again! Patch 5 will be out in just a few short days. We think you’ll be pretty excited about some of our bug fixes so check out the list below!

Distant Terrain

* Distant terrain setting that allows you to see terrain in the distance

* It is set to OFF by default: Go to Options > Video > Display Distant Terrain to toggle it ON

* It is only available in single player and online multiplayer games (not local multiplayer)

* In online games, each player can toggle it on or off without conflicting with other players’ settings

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue where random gen maps would not generate certain Points of Interest
o This will only be fixed on new random gen worlds created AFTER the installation of patch 5
o Random gen worlds created before patch 5 will not include the fix

* Fixed an issue where switching between different random gen worlds on the same run of the game could sometimes cause terrain generation corruption. When this bug would occur, the terrain generation corruption could cause chunks to be in places they did not belong leading to incomplete buildings and vertical walls of terrain. The next time the map was loaded after starting the game fresh however, the system would recognize the corrupted chunks and automatically try to correct the terrain generation and any player made changes to these corrupted chunks would be lost. With this fix the terrain generation corruption should no longer occur when switching between random gen maps on the same run of the game.

* Fixed an issue where the experience level of some skills/perks would not display correctly after the system language had been changed

* Fixed an issue where changing the system language would cause some elements of worlds created with a different language setting to change location or reset

* Fixed an issue where hunger and hydration would drop if the player hit the Guide or PS button on the controller to return to the dashboard or home screen

* Changed the quest tracker so that it will appear during local multiplayer games

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue in which the SFX of certain weapons would only be audible for the first player in split screen

Hope you all are as excited for Patch 5 as we are! As always, thank you for your continued support and patience. We couldn’t do this without you!

Tribalkrazed
11-03-2016, 12:34 PM
YAY!

maverekt
11-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Nothing about the multiplayer problem? Lol....

No words for this

When the multiplayer-destroying patch came up I was like: "yeah these guys will fix it quick maybe I can play during my september holidays again." Now I'm even not even confident anymore that this gets fixed in 2016

K-Lude
11-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Oh snap!

Eddyjr2008
11-03-2016, 12:36 PM
So when is alpha 15.... hahahahha just kidding, jus kidding. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I am so excited. Woooooo. Lol. Distant terrain and POIs is my favs I think. Yessss.

timi1971
11-03-2016, 12:38 PM

No words for this

They found that it's an Internet thing. I upgraded and solved the problem. If your mps is lower than the host your game will kick you out

maverekt
11-03-2016, 12:41 PM
So 40mbits down and 6 mbits upload are to less to play that game? Lol world record

Cjm92
11-03-2016, 12:46 PM
They found that it's an Internet thing. I upgraded and solved the problem. If your mps is lower than the host your game will kick you out

Yeah buddy that's not the problem. I can't connect to people who don't even have fiber but they can connect to pretty much anyone

Tribalkrazed
11-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Yeah buddy that's not the problem. I can't connect to people who don't even have fiber but they can connect to pretty much anyone

Sorry to say, I have never had any problems playing Multiplayer, People have never had a problem connecting to any of my hosted games either. If the people that are having the problems are on PS4 Please add me to your PSN, if you are having the problem on your Xbox, well...thats your problem right there, Buy a PS4, and we will try and see if you can connect to my hosted games.

PSN: Tribalkrazed

I am running a 100gb down and 50mb up connection.

And again, this is not the right place to make complaints. If you think you have a bug post complete specs of everything in the bug forums.

Stephenw92
11-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Yay!!! Thanks Clare and tfp! Finally be able to see where we are running! Lol

- - - Updated - - -

So when is alpha 15.... hahahahha just kidding, jus kidding. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I am so excited. Woooooo. Lol. Distant terrain and POIs is my favs I think. Yessss.

Trust you eddy!

- - - Updated - - -

No words for this

When the multiplayer-destroying patch came up I was like: "yeah these guys will fix it quick maybe I can play during my september holidays again." Now I'm even not even confident anymore that this gets fixed in 2016

Some bugs are easier to fix than others, it may not be entirely tfp either

skippy0330
11-03-2016, 01:30 PM
ah damn i was not first

Platypusmuerte
11-03-2016, 01:30 PM
Fantastic, thanks for the updated info Clare!

Looking forward to getting back to smashing zombies with the wife. Wife and I had to resort to GTAV to kill each other, and man thats getting old LOL.

Tribalkrazed
11-03-2016, 01:33 PM
ah damn i was not first

Sorry dude, I literally got into work and the post came up and I got number 1 LOL.

skippy0330
11-03-2016, 01:47 PM
So 40mbits down and 6 mbits upload are to less to play that game? Lol world record

No, its not all about speeds, if you car can do 200 mph how good is it if you are in bumper to bumper traffic? Or if you have speed bumps installed specifically for your kind of car (its called throttling, a lot of isp's do it to gaming and streaming to conserve banwitdth)

http://www.howtogeek.com/165481/how-to-test-if-your-isp-is-throttling-your-internet-connection/

So if you are one of those people who like to pirate everything and download a lot. your isp is screwing you over.

dustipher
11-03-2016, 01:54 PM
Woohoo! Not long til I can start a multi map with POIs! Thanks for the update Claire :D

TheDinoRhino
11-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Wa wa wa wait... distant terrain? On consoles?→https://youtu.be/3i1GH5Y7-i0

skippy0330
11-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Also note guys, I'd hold off on starting a new play through just for the poi's. if they add in traders and everything next path, you'll have to start again.

- - - Updated - - -

remember distant terrain and draw distance are two different things. you can put a large painting on the horizon, but that doesn't make the actual horizon go further!

courgi
11-03-2016, 02:05 PM
Sorry to hear distant terrain is not available in local coop. I guess the consoles do not have enough horsepower to pull this off.

maverekt
11-03-2016, 02:08 PM
No, its not all about speeds, if you car can do 200 mph how good is it if you are in bumper to bumper traffic? Or if you have speed bumps installed specifically for your kind of car (its called throttling, a lot of isp's do it to gaming and streaming to conserve banwitdth)

http://www.howtogeek.com/165481/how-to-test-if-your-isp-is-throttling-your-internet-connection/

So if you are one of those people who like to pirate everything and download a lot. your isp is screwing you over.

To be honest, im playing online games since 11 years ive never had any problems with any games. I play GTA: Online, Fifa series, Guildwars 1/2 , Lol, the entire Battlefield series and i just dont believe that 7d2d needs a better connection that the one i use, because every other game is totally fine with my connection.
Therefore its not me that needs to do something its a patch for 7d2d that needs to fix stuff.

skippy0330
11-03-2016, 02:31 PM
To be honest, im playing online games since 11 years ive never had any problems with any games. I play GTA: Online, Fifa series, Guildwars 1/2 , Lol, the entire Battlefield series and i just dont believe that 7d2d needs a better connection that the one i use, because every other game is totally fine with my connection.
Therefore its not me that needs to do something its a patch for 7d2d that needs to fix stuff.

cool now quote me a game that moves as much information as 7dtd, and we shall have a valid argument. I bet you'll have similar problems on console minecraft. (by the way, love how you quoted a bunch of games that aren't even on console, and not even close to being valid to the argument, pc and consoles communicate very differently with each other)

- - - Updated - - -

than tell me why is it only a hanful of people with this problem?

six4bravo
11-03-2016, 02:40 PM
Sorry to hear distant terrain is not available in local coop. I guess the consoles do not have enough horsepower to pull this off.

Yeah that's some disappointing news since I play 99% of the time local coop with the gf on both Xbox and PS4. Was really looking forward to this until I saw that part.

Clare, is it just bc of the console limitations?

Platypusmuerte
11-03-2016, 02:52 PM
Also note guys, I'd hold off on starting a new play through just for the poi's. if they add in traders and everything next path, you'll have to start again.

- - - Updated - - -

remember distant terrain and draw distance are two different things. you can put a large painting on the horizon, but that doesn't make the actual horizon go further!

LOL dammit man, if we load in after the update and still get the wall-o-fog 50ft from our doorsteps, and have to just 'imagine' that the terrain is loaded in the distance....bwahahahahahahcrycrypoo

Deymian
11-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Yeah that's some disappointing news since I play 99% of the time local coop with the gf on both Xbox and PS4. Was really looking forward to this until I saw that part.

Clare, is it just bc of the console limitations?

Why not just play Multiplayer private? That's what I do....

BucFanJKE
11-03-2016, 02:56 PM
So with this being announced today, how long have we typically had to wait on Sony and Microsoft before we actually got the patch? Would love to get a Random Gen world going this weekend (the only time I can ever play) since I have NEVER played one that actually spawned anything other than hub city.

skippy0330
11-03-2016, 02:59 PM
So with this being announced today, how long have we typically had to wait on Sony and Microsoft before we actually got the patch? Would love to get a Random Gen world going this weekend (the only time I can ever play) since I have NEVER played one that actually spawned anything other than hub city.

Tuesday is the day sony and microsoft deliver non critical patches. so expect it Tuesday night sometime!

zigamorf
11-03-2016, 03:01 PM
ah damn i was not first

Guess I was wrong about getting distant terrain. Next needs to be the new poi s. Maybe Skippy will come back to console

BucFanJKE
11-03-2016, 03:03 PM
Gotcha. Thanks!

Cjm92
11-03-2016, 03:03 PM
Sorry to say, I have never had any problems playing Multiplayer, People have never had a problem connecting to any of my hosted games either. If the people that are having the problems are on PS4 Please add me to your PSN, if you are having the problem on your Xbox, well...thats your problem right there, Buy a PS4, and we will try and see if you can connect to my hosted games.

And again, this is not the right place to make complaints. If you think you have a bug post complete specs of everything in the bug forums.

Yeah mate I'm not complaining. I am only pointing out that what you said is simply not the problem. Just because you don't have any of the issues I am experiencing doesnt mean the issues do not exist with the game. All other multiplayer games work for me and the majority of the other players who can't play 7dtd. There's nothing I can do apart from wait patiently and hope at one point they figure out the problem which many of us are experiencing with multiplayer.

Nemoh
11-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Super excited for the news! Ive been playing old school ps1 games for a touch of nostalgia. Only thing im worried about is the upcoming comments that this isnt a15 for console. But haters gonna hate! Thank you clair for this wonderful news!

Cjm92
11-03-2016, 03:13 PM

It's really not only a handful of people. It's a fair few. Also can you explain how the multiplayer worked before the 2nd patch? Cause I could play it with minimal problems before. Also explain how someone who lives 200 metres away from me and has slower internet speed can play and I can't?

Pishedoff
11-03-2016, 03:21 PM
This is getting beyond a ♥♥♥♥ing joke. Ive had No multiplayer since patch 2. But then again, why would you care, you got my money and that's all you probably give a ♥♥♥♥ about. TThe game is awesome but the development team are a ♥♥♥♥ing joke!

Z0mbieFr3ak
11-03-2016, 03:25 PM
It's really not only a handful of people. It's a fair few. Also can you explain how the multiplayer worked before the 2nd patch? Cause I could play it with minimal problems before. Also explain how someone who lives 200 metres away from me and has slower internet speed can play and I can't?
I agree I am not far from the central office and I have 25 down and 2 up. I myself played perfectly fine until patch 2... I loved the game was so addicted, now it isn't enjoyable because I can't play multiplayer on this game alone. I have 188 games I play online. Mine craft, total miner, ark, and more. It's only this game after patch 2. I have tried hosting and I've also tried to join host who have better speeds than myself. My provider is Windstream and that is my only option. Can't we revert to before patch 2? I could care less about alpha 15,16 and this and that. I'd rather play with my friends. 3 months is a bit long for the multiplayer to not be addressed
Properly. (Before you go it's in beta it wasn't sold to us in beta like ark now that's beta)

terje911
11-03-2016, 03:29 PM
wont patch 5 get like the same grapics and stuff like alpha 15?

K-Lude
11-03-2016, 03:50 PM
wont patch 5 get like the same grapics and stuff like alpha 15?

Patch 5 is gonna get whatever is listed in the patch notes for Patch 5

Holmes108
11-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Just a tip for Xbox players, once in a while I'll get an error when trying to join a private multiplayer game. A hard reset (Holding the power button on the actual console until the system powers down) has fixed it 100% of the time for me.

I realize there may be something deeper happening for some players, but definitely try this if you haven't yet, and it's happening to you. It happens occasionally to me, and my co-op buddy who hosts, and it's always solved the problem for us.

As far as disconnections after sucessfully connecting, We usually face one disconnect during a longer session (90+ minutes), but not more than that.

Platypusmuerte
11-03-2016, 04:01 PM
I agree I am not far from the central office and I have 25 down and 2 up. I myself played perfectly fine until patch 2... I loved the game was so addicted, now it isn't enjoyable because I can't play multiplayer on this game alone. I have 188 games I play online. Mine craft, total miner, ark, and more. It's only this game after patch 2. I have tried hosting and I've also tried to join host who have better speeds than myself. My provider is Windstream and that is my only option. Can't we revert to before patch 2? I could care less about alpha 15,16 and this and that. I'd rather play with my friends. 3 months is a bit long for the multiplayer to not be addressed
Properly. (Before you go it's in beta it wasn't sold to us in beta like ark now that's beta)

Surely you have been keeping up on the several threads on this topic?

It seems there just might be some hardware relation to this issue. Patch 2 came out in August. Coincidentally August was also when ISPs started rolling out docsis3 firmware changes to their routers, also around this time many Motorola routers had their firmware changed to Arris to coincide with the ISP updates.

Awfully interesting to me if you look at it from a different perspective.

Add your details to this thread (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?54158-Multiplayer-Connection-Issues) and this one (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?54558-Multiplayer-and-ISP-changes) instead of the patch notes thread here, you might just have good info to add to the investigation eh?

maverekt
11-03-2016, 04:06 PM
cool now quote me a game that moves as much information as 7dtd, and we shall have a valid argument. I bet you'll have similar problems on console minecraft. (by the way, love how you quoted a bunch of games that aren't even on console, and not even close to being valid to the argument, pc and consoles communicate very differently with each other)

- - - Updated - - -

Handful? Nobody of my entire german friendlist(20 7days players there) is playing 7days to die anymore because of that multiplayer thingy - then just look in the xbox section how many ppl actually have problems with their connection.

And no jfyi i dont have any problems on xbox playing minecraft. It works like a charm.
The "bunch" of games are exactly 3. LoL and Guildwars 1/2.
It's not my ISP and just to mention it before you try to aim at this now - my NAT-Type is open and my xbox is an exposed host in my network.

terje911
11-03-2016, 04:16 PM
Patch 5 is gonna get whatever is listed in the patch notes for Patch 5

ye of course, i understod that :P but arent xbox gonna get to where the alpha 15 is now, in the furture.
like the traders, gold, silver, mining system and etc...

irjvik
11-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Thank you very much !
The game gets better and better after each patch.

I awaited the POI fix in order to start a new game.

Keep up the good work !

Tuesday is the day sony and microsoft deliver non critical patches. so expect it Tuesday night sometime!
Interesting info, I never figured that, I will be more cautious of days for next patches on my PS4.

rfruggiero
11-03-2016, 04:34 PM
I see that we get poi's for random gen but is it only old poi's? Or did we get any new ones?

Gareee
11-03-2016, 04:35 PM
Great that we got distant terrain and the poi fix.

Sad that distant terrain couldn't make it into split screen yet.

Claire, is there any hope of porting the console split screen to pc if the ps4 can't handle it?

K-Lude
11-03-2016, 04:36 PM
ye of course, i understod that :P but arent xbox gonna get to where the alpha 15 is now, in the furture.
like the traders, gold, silver, mining system and etc...

This thread has useful information, including a link to a video Madmole made, in regards to console development.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52884-Alpha-15-and-beyond-for-Consoles

Onin9190
11-03-2016, 04:38 PM
I have never had an issue with Multiplayer except for those who are on wifi and not connected directly to router/modem.
I hope to get the new crafting items from A15 and traders. I know that TFP don't always tell you everything they put in the patch so it might have the traders

courgi
11-03-2016, 04:40 PM
Great that we got distant terrain and the poi fix.

Sad that distant terrain couldn't make it into split screen yet.

Claire, is there any hope of porting the console split screen to pc if the ps4 can't handle it?
According to Madmole there is no plan to bring split screen to pc. Controller support will be ported to pc exactly how it is in console though.

GoS MrHyde
11-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Nothing about multiplayer? I really hope they die something to get it working

MikeLyons
11-03-2016, 05:26 PM

Don't talk ♥♥♥♥ing bollocks

Platypusmuerte
11-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Don't talk ♥♥♥♥ing bollocks

Right? Tribalkrazed really probly meant to say mb instead of gb, right? Surely? If not wdafk is his ISP and are they coming to Central Florida lol

IBKillingfools
11-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Awesome. Can't wait for the new features.

If some of the people bitching about multiplayer would even consider that there might be other issues with thier inability to log on..... Christ. Before patch 3 I couldn't connect. Now I can. My internet sucks and I use wifi, and I host with minimal issues. A few glitches that kick me from the game... But those are slowly being addressed and it's getting better.

Some people had no issues with other games, but couldn't play. Changed ISPs, and now they are fine. Sometimes I have to hard reset to for others to join me, sometimes they have to, usually we all do just to make sure.

But keep blaming everyone else. Cry and moan. It won't fix the problems any faster.

Tribalkrazed
11-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Right? Tribalkrazed really probly meant to say mb instead of gb, right? Surely? If not wdafk is his ISP and are they coming to Central Florida lol

hahahah, I meant 1gb Down, 50MB up, sorry for that.

btabin
11-03-2016, 06:41 PM
Wasn't expecting the distant terrain. Was mainly concerned about the POI fix, but the distant terrain is a nice feature.

Faolan
11-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Well im happy to see that we are getting distant terrain. Was one of the things I was worried that we might not get. Now if the team can focus on being able to loot corpses after they decompose. then il be really happy. Great work all around tho.

Jackelmyer
11-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Clare,

Can you ask the team if killing zombies will give XP in patch 5? I know they tend to slip things in here and there. ;-p

GoS MrHyde
11-03-2016, 07:14 PM

If some of the people bitching about multiplayer would even consider that there might be other issues with thier inability to log on..... Christ. Before patch 3 I couldn't connect. Now I can. My internet sucks and I use wifi, and I host with minimal issues. A few glitches that kick me from the game... But those are slowly being addressed and it's getting better.

Some people had no issues with other games, but couldn't play. Changed ISPs, and now they are fine. Sometimes I have to hard reset to for others to join me, sometimes they have to, usually we all do just to make sure.

But keep blaming everyone else. Cry and moan. It won't fix the problems any faster.

So now i have to change isp to play a game thats Sold as a multiplayer game?

CerealKiller231
11-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Distant Terrain sounds great, will it help with hunting seeing animals and Zombies from further away? I have a good base built on a plateau and already have a good line of sight for a kill zone!

Z0mbieFr3ak
11-03-2016, 09:02 PM
So now i have to change isp to play a game thats Sold as a multiplayer game?

I agree total bs! That must be the best "excuse" they could come up with. I have filled out the multiplayer surveys, I have provided my connection detail blah blah.
Doesn't make a difference when the issue isn't corrected. I was very patient but 3 months come on!

Jackelmyer
11-03-2016, 10:04 PM

In all fairness there's a crap load of multi player games out there that will work on less than great ISP's. So people bitching about poor quality multiplayer experiences is absolutely fair. If you want to play in the console realm as a developer, ya gotta up your game in terms of stability.

Your high horse could use a tranquilizer man...

Themanhutch
11-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Jacks got it

Warliss
11-03-2016, 10:36 PM
Great news... The question I have is will there be anyway to get the update outside of using the PSN?

It seems to be wonky with the up/down every other day..

timi1971
11-03-2016, 10:54 PM

I was having the same problem. I ran a speed test and I was getting around 20 mps but when I starting gaming my isp would throttle my speed to 3 or 4 mps. That's when I was getting kicked. switched to another isp and I haven't been kicked yet. I am now getting around 128 mps while gaming which is more than enough and I don't get throttled. What you get while using you internet and not using it are two different things. Run a speed test while not using it and then again while gaming and you'll be shocked at the difference.

JustSomeGuy
11-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Did I read that right? Distant Terrain for consoles?

six4bravo
11-03-2016, 11:11 PM
Why not just play Multiplayer private? That's what I do....

Well I have an Xbox one, a PS4 and a PC each with their own copies of 7d2d. Being that they are all different platforms I don't see how a private multiplayer game would allow me to play with another person locally like couch coop. I'm just disappointed to hear no split screen distant terrain support.

maverekt
11-03-2016, 11:41 PM
I was having the same problem. I ran a speed test and I was getting around 20 mps but when I starting gaming my isp would throttle my speed to 3 or 4 mps. That's when I was getting kicked. switched to another isp and I haven't been kicked yet. I am now getting around 128 mps while gaming which is more than enough and I don't get throttled. What you get while using you internet and not using it are two different things. Run a speed test while not using it and then again while gaming and you'll be shocked at the difference.

It's not like i did that speedtests without any actual usage. At the moment of the speedtest i am listening music with spotify, gaming other stuff and my gf is watching netflix. The 40mbps are quite stable. The lowest result ive ever had was 25mbps.

Jackelmyer
11-03-2016, 11:53 PM
Distant Terrain sounds great, will it help with hunting seeing animals and Zombies from further away? I have a good base built on a plateau and already have a good line of sight for a kill zone!

Kind of... Maybe.

On PC the fog that exists everywhere preventing you from seeing the world not rendered (drawn and displayed) was fairly close up. That fog largely went away. Show's up now and then by biome and weather.

So, on PC, yeah, you do see creatures/zombies further out. How that translates to Console, no idea.

The real cool aspect is that you can see towns way the hell out there. So climbing a high peek to see if you're actually going somewhere is totally relevant.

All of which goes back to, "depends on how its Implemented on the console"...

MrCervelo
11-04-2016, 12:27 AM
From what I understood in the lead up to Alpha 15, was that MadMole managed to get some optimisation to allow for the distant terrain. I suspect that this optimisation is being ported to the console, which is why we're getting it.

Does this mean that they're going to increase the speed of the minibike? I assume that the terrain generation problem is related to the max speed of the minibike.

As per an earlier post, I'm a bit annoyed that I can't get POIs on unexplored sections of my existing random world, but then again, it's the first part of the game that's the most exciting and the hardest.

Gareee
11-04-2016, 12:56 AM
The mini bike handles SO much better on the ps4 that I hope they don't muck with it.

It's tough for us... We lovectge split screen on the ps4. But alpha 15 added SO much more interesting things to do an explore. We might have to start a new local multiplayer game just so we have the new poi's.

I wonder if the ps4 maps are still going to be as small as they were? You can drive from one side to another in a day.

Gareee
11-04-2016, 12:59 AM
Great news... The question I have is will there be anyway to get the update outside of using the PSN?

It seems to be wonky with the up/down every other day..

I don't think you can update anything on PSN in other ways. I've never seen anything on the ps3 or the ps4 that updated any other way than the PSN network.

Have you?

nogood2
11-04-2016, 01:02 AM
Will we be getting any new poi's

nogood2
11-04-2016, 01:07 AM
Will we be getting any new poi's

open6l
11-04-2016, 04:07 AM

Distant terrain does not have any affect on zombies or animals. It merely generates distant terrain. You see mountains and terra forming from the surrounding biomes. You will see checkboard type city plateaus from a distance (street layouts) but will not see any buildings until you approach the actual city. Yes distant terrain looks awesome. No it does not improve visual distance outside of the actual terrain.

Gareee
11-04-2016, 04:31 AM
It might on the consoles, since we've had that perpetual figbobscuring everything more than 20 feet away.

madmax_2069
11-04-2016, 04:45 AM
Have you guys raised the speed cap for minibikes on console yet ?

Flawless engine and going the same speed as a minibike with a 300 quality engine (10 M/S).

I don't think you can update anything on PSN in other ways. I've never seen anything on the ps3 or the ps4 that updated any other way than the PSN network.

Have you?
You cant on PS3 or PS4 not with game patches (but can with firmware updates), now on Xbox 360 (not sure about xbox one) they offered external downloads of a games patch data from their site so you could put on USB storage and update that way. On PS3/4 the only way you can update the game is to connect the system to the net and download through PSN.

madmax_2069
11-04-2016, 04:54 AM
Dbl post

faaeng
11-04-2016, 07:05 AM
Guess I'll finally boot this game back up after this patch releases. POI fix should add a bit more flavor to what have otherwise been barren worlds imho. The inclusion of distant terrain is a welcome addition I was not expecting.

Would be nice tho to get multiplayer fixed sometime tho....so the people I used to play with can play with me again without being booted out all of the time. Also for the love of god fix the smgs audio. It gets so annoying when it glitches and wont stop. Have the Houdini mini bikes ever been resolved?

Kkguitar
11-04-2016, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the info

SilvenWolf
11-04-2016, 08:49 AM
Thank you Clare, PIO fix excellent, Distant terrain, completely unexpected but so happy about. Trying not to get to excited until I see them in action.

Jackelmyer
11-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Distant terrain does not have any affect on zombies or animals. It merely generates distant terrain. You see mountains and terra forming from the surrounding biomes. You will see checkboard type city plateaus from a distance (street layouts) but will not see any buildings until you approach the actual city. Yes distant terrain looks awesome. No it does not improve visual distance outside of the actual terrain.

That's not entirely true. Distant terrain forced the fog that was specifically in the game to limit our range of vision. Zombies and animals spawned further away than the fog allowed us to see. With that fog being lifted, you do see further and you see those more distant spawns.

That being said, how far away something spawns didn't get changed it seems. But yes, you do see mobs further off than you used to. Not huge, but noticeable.

SilvenWolf
11-04-2016, 09:21 AM
That's not entirely true. Distant terrain forced the fog that was specifically in the game to limit our range of vision. Zombies and animals spawned further away than the fog allowed us to see. With that fog being lifted, you do see further and you see those more distant spawns.

That being said, how far away something spawns didn't get changed it seems. But yes, you do see mobs further off than you used to. Not huge, but noticeable.

Well, for consoles we will have to wait and see, we don't have the options PC does when it comes to tailoring the graphics.

CrankML
11-04-2016, 11:21 AM
So distant terrain means that we'll see shapes of buildings and mountains behind the fog?

Otherwise they would say FoV which would put the fog at further distance.

Correct me if iam wrong ;)

The current FoV is the only thing which stops me from playing.

sonyconsole
11-04-2016, 11:35 AM
So distant terrain means that we'll see shapes of buildings and mountains behind the fog?

Otherwise they would say FoV which would put the fog at further distance.

Correct me if iam wrong ;)

The current FoV is the only thing which stops me from playing.

FoV normally relates to the amount of viewable area not the distance of said area, for example if you have a 1920 x 1080 screen and you had a FOV which was 800x600 you would only see a 800x600 area of said screen.

Distance is the physical distance (Far Back) you can see we can only guess at this time what that means on console but i would hope its more similar to A15's LETS SEE THE WORLD than shapes in the fog

CrankML
11-04-2016, 11:47 AM
FoV normally relates to the amount of viewable area not the distance of said area, for example if you have a 1920 x 1080 screen and you had a FOV which was 800x600 you would only see a 800x600 area of said screen.

Distance is the physical distance (Far Back) you can see we can only guess at this time what that means on console but i would hope its more similar to A15's LETS SEE THE WORLD than shapes in the fog

I hope so too

What i mean is compared to NMS.

You could see rlly far but that was only shapes no details like a station or a ship.

And when u got closer they "popped" out of nowhere. I hope that isnt the case after the Patch

daveyg
11-04-2016, 12:23 PM

I haven't managed any multiplayer games since the first patch.....Except when I have used my mobile phone as a hotspot so trust me, connection speed has nothing to do with it!!

No games at this speed:
Download speed 59.97Mbps
Upload speed 16.93

And I can join and host multiplayer at this speed:
Download speed 5.62Mbps
Upload speed 0.18

Platypusmuerte
11-04-2016, 12:28 PM
I haven't managed any multiplayer games since the first patch.....Except when I have used my mobile phone as a hotspot so trust me, connection speed has nothing to do with it!!

No games at this speed:
Download speed 59.97Mbps
Upload speed 16.93

And I can join and host multiplayer at this speed:
Download speed 5.62Mbps
Upload speed 0.18

And the difference there, in that test is... the hardware your traffic goes through. 8)

daveyg
11-04-2016, 01:32 PM
When you say hardware.....Are you talking Router/Modem? If you are, I have replaced the BT Router/modem for a 3rd party VDSL2 router and still have the same issue!! If we are talking ISP, To be fair, I think changing my ISP to play the only game i have issues with is quite possibly a little excessive!!LOL!! :)

DoucheVader
11-04-2016, 03:46 PM

No words for this

Why don't you try the patch before you start whining? :-/

Is your assumption that they don't care about this issue? It isn't a widespread issue so it is difficult to track down. It may not get fixed in 2016. NOT because the developers don't care about the game or don't care about you -- intermittent issues are very hard to track down. Especially when you haven't established a pattern or a routine way to replicate the problem.

Did you bother to report your particular online issues to the support forum? Your message history doesn't indicate that but it could be truncated. The Fun Pimps is a pretty small team and they could use the information from your issues to fashion a solution.

DoucheVader
11-04-2016, 04:24 PM

This will be addressed in a future patch and if not it's not a big loss. Does PC support local coop?

DoucheVader
11-04-2016, 04:28 PM

Do any of those games support customized worlds? I don't think so. Lots more information being passed from the Host to the Clients in 7DTD.

Please stop exposing your ignorance to game development by suggesting because X, Y, Z games work perfectly so should 7DTD. I appreciate people have complaints about this issue, but any suggestion that TFP are not interested in fixing it is just flat out asinine. If you haven't shared your information in the support forum you aren't exactly helping fix the issue.

DoucheVader
11-04-2016, 04:32 PM

It seems to me patience is something the average gamer just is not capable of these days. LOL

DoucheVader
11-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Yeah mate I'm not complaining. I am only pointing out that what you said is simply not the problem. Just because you don't have any of the issues I am experiencing doesnt mean the issues do not exist with the game. All other multiplayer games work for me and the majority of the other players who can't play 7dtd. There's nothing I can do apart from wait patiently and hope at one point they figure out the problem which many of us are experiencing with multiplayer.

7DTD is not like every other multiplayer game you played though.

Looking at your post history I don't see anything posted in the support forum. The squeaky wheel gets the oil -- not submitting this to the support forum will only contribute to this issue taking longer to track down. Its not very widespread. The developers don't have a magic wand that makes everything better on demand, they need to research and investigate issues. Which is why it is important for people with these issues to share their experiences in the support forums and making sure they pass on accurate information.

I have an issue that has been around since 1.02 or maybe 1.03 a friend of mine can't get into my instance now.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?49076-Boot-game-and-world-fine-friend-joins-CE-34878-0

I still don't have a solution, but I don't passively aggressively complain about it every time Clare posts on the forums or gives us patch notes. I have a dialog going with them and I am trying different things out. One of the previous patches actually changed the issue, but the net result is still the same (my friend can't get in). So I just remain patient because we are talking about a 20 man studio. Spamming your issues everywhere without sharing accurate information about your issue via a support ticket isn't going to help solve the problem at all.

DoucheVader
11-04-2016, 04:43 PM
This is getting beyond a ♥♥♥♥ing joke. Ive had No multiplayer since patch 2. But then again, why would you care, you got my money and that's all you probably give a ♥♥♥♥ about. TThe game is awesome but the development team are a ♥♥♥♥ing joke!

And you have not shared your issues on the support forum. This studio is not filled with mind readers and magic wands that will fix any issue on demand.

You really think game developers who work up to 80 hours a week are only in it for the money? How ignorant and insulting can you be? I am embarrassed for you. You are an entitled ass.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope so too

What i mean is compared to NMS.

You could see rlly far but that was only shapes no details like a station or a ship.

And when u got closer they "popped" out of nowhere. I hope that isnt the case after the Patch

That is how it is. Check the videos on PC, the reason they call it distant terrain and not distant draw distance is because you aren't getting all the details in the distance.

K-Lude
11-04-2016, 04:51 PM
LoL damn, DoucheVader went in

SilvenWolf
11-04-2016, 05:29 PM
+1 to all of DoucheVader comments

Aneoid
11-04-2016, 05:33 PM

I'm going to have to call BS on playing online games since 11 years and never had any problems with any games. Especially since you listed GTA:O. If you didn't have any problems with that game, you'd be the ONLY ONE...

Nemodo
11-04-2016, 05:35 PM
My name is Nemodo and I approve DoucheVader's Comments!! LMAO

Eddyjr2008
11-04-2016, 06:32 PM
My name is Nemodo and I approve DoucheVader's Comments!! LMAO

I endorse DoucheVader for coolness. I agree dude. People post the same things in every post Clare or any1 does. If all the issues are fixes and there's no more at all then theyd complain that dlc wasnt out weekly. Or the grass is the wrong shade of green, or the sky doesnt have enough clouds.... smh

MikeLyons
11-04-2016, 06:58 PM
It seems to me patience is something the average gamer just is not capable of these days. LOL

Average gamer who's spent money on a broken game? If you buy a joypad or headset and it doesn't work do you just wait for it to work? Or do you sound out the people who sold you the item?
LOL

Platypusmuerte
11-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Average gamer who's spent money on a broken game? If you buy a joypad or headset and it doesn't work do you just wait for it to work? Or do you sound out the people who sold you the item?
LOL

Well,...... Headsets can get updated firmware. I recently bought some TB 800x earphones, and yupp.... had to update firmware first to avoid XB1 issue.

But normally comparing software and hardware is apples to oranges no?

Gareee
11-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the info

Traders are new to alpha 15, so it'll be a while before we get them and the other new poi's.

I'm curious if with distance terrain we also got the random gen terrain variable enhancements like the huge mountains. They add SO much more terrain diversity.

Cjm92
11-04-2016, 07:51 PM
7DTD is not like every other multiplayer game you played though,

Looking at your post history I don't see anything posted in the support forum. The squeaky wheel gets the oil -- not submitting this to the support forum will only contribute to this issue taking longer to track down. Its not very widespread. The developers don't have a magic wand that makes everything better on demand, they need to research and investigate issues. Which is why it is important for people with these issues to share their experiences in the support forums and making sure they pass on accurate information.

I have an issue that has been around since 1.02 or maybe 1.03 a friend of mine can't get into my instance now.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?49076-Boot-game-and-world-fine-friend-joins-CE-34878-0

I still don't have a solution, but I don't passively aggressively complain about it every time Clare posts on the forums or gives us patch notes. I have a dialog going with them and I am trying different things out. One of the previous patches actually changed the issue, but the net result is still the same (my friend can't get in). So I just remain patient because we are talking about a 20 man studio. Spamming your issues everywhere without sharing accurate information about your issue via a support ticket isn't going to help solve the problem at all.

If you look at my messages I wasnt complaining. I have reported my problem and filled out all the surveys to try and help. You must understand why a lot of people can be so frustrated, even though they convey that frustration in the wrong way. Don't just assume the majority isn't being patient like yourself.

I knew this game wasn't going to be finished when I bought it. So I've not got anything to complain about. But, if you put yourself in other people's shoes, it is not advertised as anything less than a full game so people have a right to be frustrated at spending money on incomplete game.

Skylea95
11-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Awesome! I'm fairly new to the game and its good to see the team actively dealing with problems. Absolutely love the game and can't wait for new content. <3
Can't wait to actually test out multiplayer. I usually stay solo or play local with my hubby but seems like it would be fun.

Eddyjr2008
11-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Awesome! I'm fairly new to the game and its good to see the team actively dealing with problems. Absolutely love the game and can't wait for new content. <3
Can't wait to actually test out multiplayer. I usually stay solo or play local with my hubby but seems like it would be fun.

Its awesome. Only bad thing is there is only 4 saves originally... so u run out of being able to play with people quick if ya go out too much with diff games for diff people. My brother and I have a game together and I have my SP. I enjoy both but wish I woulda made my SP a private MP because its hard to show people ur bases and stuff when u cant directly invite them.

KillYoAce
11-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Its cool, but not really what i wanted. I wanted some alpha 15 stuff, like combining items to get better quality.

x2x_rocket_x2x
11-04-2016, 10:59 PM
Looking forward to the patch in the next few days.

My question is this: Console patch notes seem to always be somewhat truncated and lacking with details of everything that is going on. Are we possibly getting a few more A15 features not mentioned...say for instance larger stacks???? Please say yes, please say yes!!!!

Thekodemeister
11-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Are we going to be able to loot gore blocks?

Gareee
11-05-2016, 12:37 AM
Its cool, but not really what i wanted. I wanted some alpha 15 stuff, like combining items to get better quality.

The biggest a15 change people have been begging for was distant terrain. Look at the a15 stable thread and read the comments.

If they could only get a few things in the patch, having the missing poi's and distant terrain were the number 1 and 2 things people were looking for.

I'm amazed they were able to achieve distant terrain, and not having half of the poi's in random gen is a HUGE deal.

You don't know what you are missing and the difference it makes unless you've also played the pc version.

Jinx
11-05-2016, 01:00 AM
More good news about the updates!

My wife and I started playing again after having a short break and I have to say it has been noticably smoother, haven't even had a bike vanish!

I would like to add that we have already (despite the issues) had more hours of fun playing this game in coop than almost any other game we've played so even if there were no more updates or no more dlc we have still had our monies worth imho so the rest is just free rolling! Normally after a few days, maybe a few weeks if a game is good, we get bored of most games but not 7DTD so hats off to TFP's for developing a fun and immersive game which brilliantly combines the best of several different gaming formats that are loved by many!!

Keep up the great work TFP and Claire and remember you can't please everyone, some people are just never happy, you could give them a free gold bar and they'd just moan it was to heavy....

maverekt
11-05-2016, 01:35 AM
Why don't you try the patch before you start whining? :-/

Did you bother to report your particular online issues to the support forum? Your message history doesn't indicate that but it could be truncated. The Fun Pimps is a pretty small team and they could use the information from your issues to fashion a solution.

1. Why should the patch do something against it when its not written in the patchnotes - it would be a hugefix and therefore would be mentioned.

2. I did share my connection issue to clare - I posted several speedtests, informed her about my internetconnection and also the issue itself - so if you dont know me, obviously you don't - stop talking trash about me. I did everything what i can and im still trying everything. I tried reinstalling lately, i opened every port again, i even swapped to direct router connection and it still doenst work.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to have to call BS on playing online games since 11 years and never had any problems with any games. Especially since you listed GTA:O. If you didn't have any problems with that game, you'd be the ONLY ONE...

Okay, touché.

I had problems but these problems were not caused or whatever by my connection.

davethebakerx2
11-05-2016, 07:28 PM
oh ya i played gta online the night it started, only to spend the next 3 days stuck in the parking lot

Lanseril_Storm
11-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Lol yep i remember that crap

Bigwilly2587
11-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Hi all,

Patch 5 has gone to Sony and Microsoft for approval! Below are the notes from the team...

Some of ya'll are gonna like this...

Clare

PS: Do NOT post bug reports below, I will not chase them in here. Please post with AS MUCH INFOMATION AS POSSIBLE in the CONSOLE BUG REPORTS section of the forums.
Please use this guide: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting
An post here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?83-Console-Bug-Reports

And before you ask I do NOT have info on A15 yet, when I do I will post it in it's own post.

----------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 5.0
PS4 Version 1.07
XB1 Version 1.0.7.0

Hey folks! It’s about that time again! Patch 5 will be out in just a few short days. We think you’ll be pretty excited about some of our bug fixes so check out the list below!

Distant Terrain

* Distant terrain setting that allows you to see terrain in the distance

* It is set to OFF by default: Go to Options > Video > Display Distant Terrain to toggle it ON

* It is only available in single player and online multiplayer games (not local multiplayer)

* In online games, each player can toggle it on or off without conflicting with other players’ settings

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue where random gen maps would not generate certain Points of Interest
o This will only be fixed on new random gen worlds created AFTER the installation of patch 5
o Random gen worlds created before patch 5 will not include the fix

* Fixed an issue where switching between different random gen worlds on the same run of the game could sometimes cause terrain generation corruption. When this bug would occur, the terrain generation corruption could cause chunks to be in places they did not belong leading to incomplete buildings and vertical walls of terrain. The next time the map was loaded after starting the game fresh however, the system would recognize the corrupted chunks and automatically try to correct the terrain generation and any player made changes to these corrupted chunks would be lost. With this fix the terrain generation corruption should no longer occur when switching between random gen maps on the same run of the game.

* Fixed an issue where the experience level of some skills/perks would not display correctly after the system language had been changed

* Fixed an issue where changing the system language would cause some elements of worlds created with a different language setting to change location or reset

* Fixed an issue where hunger and hydration would drop if the player hit the Guide or PS button on the controller to return to the dashboard or home screen

* Changed the quest tracker so that it will appear during local multiplayer games

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue in which the SFX of certain weapons would only be audible for the first player in split screen

Hope you all are as excited for Patch 5 as we are! As always, thank you for your continued support and patience. We couldn’t do this without you!

When will we be able to have more than 4 players on a server?

davethebakerx2
11-05-2016, 11:58 PM
nobody knows

COOKZ-BS10
11-06-2016, 12:06 AM
!!!!!THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN ALONG WITH A VEHICLE WICH CAN SEAT MORE THAN ONE PERSON!!!!

oh ya i played gta online the night it started, only to spend the next 3 days stuck in the parking lot

Lol 3 days not 4 months the game on ps/pc/ or Xbox is long- if you live near the fountain of youth wait on!!
Otherwise get a PC get miscreated much better PvP- 7D2D has better building and crafting system ATM but miscreated has come so much further in much less time- sorry fanboy dauche was u 2/3 months ago but lost faith n hope as everything takes a lifetime here!!! Lmao

davethebakerx2
11-06-2016, 04:54 AM
what is dauche? is it german? sounds like dachau ever hear of that before? look it up.

Gareee
11-06-2016, 12:33 PM
I think part of the sandbagging on multiplayer vehicles is that they want to keep all players active. Just sitting in a vehicle while someone else drives is a passive experience, and there aren't any threats that can stop you when on a scooter as it is.

I'd like to see a night feral be able to keep up with a motor bike, and possibly unseat you from it.

EvoDJ44
11-06-2016, 12:54 PM
I think part of the sandbagging on multiplayer vehicles is that they want to keep all players active. Just sitting in a vehicle while someone else drives is a passive experience, and there aren't any threats that can stop you when on a scooter as it is.

I'd like to see a night feral be able to keep up with a motor bike, and possibly unseat you from it.

I agree something that is a threat to the minibike would be good, it should throw u off if u hit an animal or zombie as well. It's way too easy to hunt with a minibike and takes a lot of the best parts of the game away, like random exploring and chasing down the deer you just hit with an arrow whilst avoiding zombies.

K-Lude
11-06-2016, 03:01 PM
what is dauche? is it german? sounds like dachau ever hear of that before? look it up.

Pretty sure that person meant they themselves used to be a fanboy douche 2 - 3 months ago LoL

davethebakerx2
11-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Pretty sure that person meant they themselves used to be a fanboy douche 2 - 3 months ago LoL

ah ok. im more of a turd then a douche. dachau was the first internment camp set up by the nazi party but i doubt dum dum is smart enough to know that

SilentDeathForU
11-06-2016, 04:50 PM
You guys are aware this is a game, right?

How about, instead of bitching and whining about how it's not happening at the pace you would like, you go code your own game instead? No? Not an option? Then shut the hell up and be damned patient.

Jackelmyer
11-06-2016, 09:42 PM
ah ok. im more of a turd then a douche. dachau was the first internment camp set up by the nazi party but i doubt dum dum is smart enough to know that

Nah, you're pretty equal parts of douche and turd.

Maddadicus
11-06-2016, 10:56 PM
What he said double..

a4twenty
11-06-2016, 11:29 PM

your console is the server, so the number of players is limited by your hardware. the only way we're going to see more than 4 will be if they introduce dedicated servers and that will only happen if there's enough demand / money.

Specky_Geek
11-07-2016, 01:34 PM
Thank you Clare it'll be great to get back on 7dtd I've been playing bf1 & CodIW , hopefully patch will drop this week 👍

Gareee
11-07-2016, 02:41 PM
I wonder how long Sony takes to approve patches now? I'd like to believe we'll see it drop tomorrow, but I've seen delays on other game's patches, and patches that introduce issues that makes it look like they weren't even tested.

Last I read, Sony was charging developers to deploy patches for their games, which I feel is just plain wrong.

The platform wouldn't even sell without the content on it, and Sony should bend over backwards to take care of its customers, and be greatful developers care enough to enhance the player experiences.

a4twenty
11-07-2016, 03:16 PM
IThe platform wouldn't even sell without the content on it, and Sony should bend over backwards to take care of its customers, and be greatful developers care enough to enhance the player experiences.

I guess that depends on how you look at it. the game developers wouldn't be able to sell these millions of extra copies if the platforms didnt exist. testing patches costs the console manufacturers time and money, someone has to pay for it.

if the game developers actually tested their games properly there wouldn't be a need to constantly try and patch their games. I can't remember the last time I bought a game that didn't already have a patch waiting on release day or require one almost straight away.

Dopest_Gorilla88
11-07-2016, 04:29 PM

I got it, Heil H man.

davethebakerx2
11-08-2016, 12:12 AM
i use to watch the history chanell all day, my dad was in the navy during ww2 stationed at pearl harbor. he never talked about the war but i watched ww2 movies every weekend and the history chanel every day. i learned alot about the nazi party.

Kee Lo
11-08-2016, 12:39 AM
Although i am grateful that they continue to make the game better, am i really the only one disappointed that after all these features that were added to Alpha 15 and all console is getting is distant terrain. It really took this long to only add distant terrain, at this rate, alpha 17 will be out on computer before console is finished getting alpha 15 features...

Themanhutch
11-08-2016, 12:43 AM
Ya man its a real bummer. I stopped playing awhile ago till the update drops.

Phazr
11-08-2016, 03:40 AM
Distant terrain is exciting but the fact that you can't do it on local coop sucks, I play with my wife most the time

Gareee
11-08-2016, 04:19 AM
Distant terrain is exciting but the fact that you can't do it on local coop sucks, I play with my wife most the time

Same here. We are currently using pc a15 for single player, and the ps4 for local co op. We gave up on it early September after 3 crashes in one day, loosing a total of 5 minibikes full of loot.

It looks like at least that's gone though... We played a day or so over the Halloween weekend.

The saddest thing is a the missing points of interest on ps4 random gen. The patch will help, but it won't add all the new a15 ones that were added last month.

6daysleft
11-08-2016, 05:22 AM
Super excited for the new patch. Poi's and distant terrain should be awesome. Thank you Clare and tfp. Keep up the good work

SilvenWolf
11-08-2016, 10:09 AM
Although i am grateful that they continue to make the game better, am i really the only one disappointed that after all these features that were added to Alpha 15 and all console is getting is distant terrain. It really took this long to only add distant terrain, at this rate, alpha 17 will be out on computer before console is finished getting alpha 15 features...

You are one of the few that has not bothered to check the other forum threads, or what version the console is based on.
You should be thankful we are actually getting certain A15 features on Console. The alternative was to wait until later next year when the game is planned to go gold.
Console was released based on PC version 14.7, there was no A15 when this game first came out on Console, Please read through some of the related forum threads and do some research.

calincalis
11-20-2016, 10:39 PM
You are one of the few that has not bothered to check the other forum threads, or what version the console is based on.
You should be thankful we are actually getting certain A15 features on Console. The alternative was to wait until later next year when the game is planned to go gold.
Console was released based on PC version 14.7, there was no A15 when this game first came out on Console, Please read through some of the related forum threads and do some research.

Something you are missing in your snide " Just be thankful" reply ,
The game is in Early access on BOTH , pc and console.
PC is moving forward nicely, consoles tend to be left behind , Look at ark.
Both PC , AND Console players PAID to have EA. So maybe it is a running tude with people I have seen from the UK, A normal person is never just " Thankful " to get what they have paid for. Not when they see people paying the exact same price being treated differently.
So with all do respect , take back your " Just be thankful " And don't reply back to me as I will not be responding to you again.
Joel , You and the fun pimps I tip my hat to , you guys keep in touch with your player base, you put in the hours , the effort , and most of all , the LOVE of the game.
I also tip my hat to all of your families for the hours you all have invested into this labor of love.
I also know that consoles though behind are not forgotten.

Am I "just Thankful" to have something I paid the same money for that others have? No, I never will be . Not for playing a game on one port over another.

Joel , I have seen and thumbs up'd all of your youtube vids.
Of everything I have seen to date the one thing I am truly looking forward to see come to console, Drawbridges.
I am a youtuber myself , though I will not post that info since I do not want any bias toward my opinions, love them or hate them.
That's my verdict , and I am looking forward to see what else is coming down the pike for console players.

NavezGuy
11-21-2016, 04:32 AM
Something you are missing in your snide " Just be thankful" reply ,
The game is in Early access on BOTH , pc and console.

The game isn't in early access on console. On console it is considered to be a complete game. We won't get Alpha 15,16 etc. We will get select features from the Alphas in the form of updates and possibly dlc. Look how long it took the console version of another certain voxelised game to catch up with PC.

DoucheVader
12-06-2016, 06:14 PM

GTA Online, FIFA Online, Guildwars 1/2, Battlefield -- DO NOT have in common with 7DTD is the ability to change any part of the game. Battlefield features destruction (scripted) but you can't dig a hole to bedrock and hide from your enemies. Furthermore you can't build a tower to the ceiling of the game. Also all of those games are full releases by very large studios mostly attached to very large publisher with a great deal of resources. I would hope a team of 100+ could produce working titles. :) :) :)

The only game you could compare 7DTD to is Minecraft. And even with Minecraft you have a great deal of difference in the the way the two titles are executed. As far as I know MineCraft doesn't support structural integrity.

DoucheVader
12-06-2016, 06:25 PM

You know what else you don't have?

A post in the support forum outlining your specific issues with multiplayer. You did answer the survey, so that is helpful.

I am really sick of seeing people giving The Fun Pimps grief for issues they have with the game when they have done little to help with the solution. In my humble opinion people do not simultaneously have the right to complain about bugs if they have not submitted a full bug report of their issues.

This isn't some huge AAA title so audience feedback is paramount.

Just because a patch for 7DTD doesn't fix your particular issue doesn't mean The Fun Pimps don't care about you or your issues. It doesn't mean they are happy they have your money and are laughing all the way to the bank while calling you a sucker. It doesn't mean the development team is a "****ing joke", nor does it mean they are lazy. If this issue was so important to you -- why didn't you post a thread about it in the support forum? Is your bug reporting ability a ****ing Joke? Were you too lazy? Seriously this stuff can cut both ways if you like.

DoucheVader
12-06-2016, 06:30 PM

Local coop is already taxing enough. If you play on console and you have a digital version of the game your license includes 2 installs for that 1 digital code. If you would like an improved experience you would have to get a 2nd console. Its not the most cost effective solution but it is a solution. You would have to start your game over as local coop doesn't support online multiplayer.

shadowolf420
12-06-2016, 07:35 PM

A post in the support forum outlining your specific issues with multiplayer. You did answer the survey, so that is helpful.

I am really sick of seeing people giving The Fun Pimps grief for issues they have with the game when they have done little to help with the solution. In my humble opinion people do not simultaneously have the right to complain about bugs if they have not submitted a full bug report of their issues.

Just because a patch for 7DTD doesn't fix your particular issue doesn't mean The Fun Pimps don't care about you or your issues. It doesn't mean they are happy they have your money and are laughing all the way to the bank while calling you a sucker. It doesn't mean the development team is a "****ing joke", nor does it mean they are lazy. If this issue was so important to you -- why didn't you post a thread about it in the support forum? Is your bug reporting ability a ****ing Joke? Were you too lazy? Seriously this stuff can cut both ways if you like.

This right here. I mean serioiously we all have the chance to make this game as awesome as possible. I mean if you took the time to make an account here why not do it right and work with the team instead of against them

SilentDeathForU
12-08-2016, 01:36 PM

Hell, I'm only quoting this cause it deserves to be said, AGAIN.

Seriously, either learn to code and make your own perfect game, or STFU and enjoy a game that is in the process of being made, the ultimate beta, and get to contribute, or just buy EAs perfect finished games for twice as much.

Oh wait, EA has loads of issues with games, AND they took twice as much money from you. Get a life.