PDA

View Full Version : [12/05] Message from the Team: MD5 errors aka: Terrain Rewrites

Clare
12-05-2016, 06:28 PM
The below message was given to me to pass onto you guys in regards to the issue with terrain regeneration.
The team call them MD5 errors - we've been calling then terrain rewrites and regens on the forums and this is where an area can revert to the Day 1 state.

------

Hi all!
We know you’ve been encountering a few MD5 errors recently and we wanted to explain a bit about them and what we’re doing to combat them.
Unfortunately, MD5 errors have a large number of different causes. In essence, though, they flag any part of a saved game’s map that is different than the world generation algorithm expects it to be. This can happen when the game crashes while it’s trying to save or if any of the changes we make or features we add impact the terrain generation pipeline. As we work to improve the game’s stability and fix any issues we find, you should encounter these MD5 errors less and less.
This has been—and will continue to be—an ongoing focus of ours. We really appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to improve your experience with 7 Days to Die.

------

skippy0330
12-05-2016, 06:31 PM
hey clare :) thanks for the update

Clare
12-05-2016, 06:33 PM
hey clare :) thanks for the update

Happy to keep ye posted with what I can! Also yay, first first-post I've seen in a while from you :P

soitra
12-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Hey Clare thanks for the update. Is this issue mainly with multiplayer games as I've never encountered it, only play single player though.
Thanks for being part of the team working on this game it's awesome! So glad it came to console as my pc was way too laggy to play it properly

The Red Leader
12-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Although I've not encountered any Terrain Rewrites it's always great to know that the team is always working hard on this stuff.

Can't wait for the next update though, hopefully we might get some good news on the multiplayer issues.

courgi
12-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Ive experienced this problem in local coop while riding mimibikes. Happens quite frequently

Lastdon6585
12-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Happens to me constantly. I'm not playing until this is fixed, and hopefully I haven't started playing something else by then.

Ric Walker
12-05-2016, 11:00 PM
As most as i appreciate the comment, it came way too late! this should have been posted to calm the tides not later as a week after last patch release, not now, when we are eagerly awaiting a patch note for 1.08 with the Fix of the so called MD5 issue (or multiplayer issues, or more Alpha 15 stuff, or, or, or...)

The list of things we want differs from the point of fiew but the fix of MD5 and more Multiplayer stability is something the majority of us is the most awaited and most needed. On that the policy of the comany should be to inform us at least on a once per Week basis. even when its just not more as the short line:

"Hey Guys! I know you are waiting for the MD5 fix but its more difficult than we expected. so it will take some more time. We will give you an update next monday."

A short line, but its all that we need now. I think i made my point clear.

At least better saying "we are working on it" now and so late, as never. *sigh*

SirSplintfast the Pungent
12-06-2016, 06:13 AM
You can do it fast, or you can do it right. If it takes three months, so be it. Play a few rounds of cheat mode, set block strength to 25% and level hub city with a rocket launcher. It's wonderfully cathartic.

irjvik
12-06-2016, 07:44 AM
Thank you Clare.

My two cents tip for players :
As in any games having some saves or reset problems, a cheap USB key is your best friend.
Just name it "Save early, save often".

DeathGrowl
12-06-2016, 08:05 PM
MD5 is used for that? Huh, that's curious. A "dead" hash algorithm returns from the grave... oddly fitting.