PDA

View Full Version : [12/13] Message from the Team - Patch 6 in Submission (notes included)

Clare
12-13-2016, 12:48 PM
Hi all!

Below are the patch notes passed onto me from the team for Patch 6.

-Please do not post bug reports etc below. This thread is for the discussion of the patch ONLY. There is a section for bug reporting.
-No I do not have further info on A15 features or updates on MD5 and Multiplayer issues. When I have those updates they will get their own post.

Thanks,
Clare

----------------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 6.0
PS4 Version 1.08
XB1 Version 1.0.8.0

Hey all! Patch 6 is just around the corner! We’ve got a boatload of fixes we think you’ll like! Check out the preview list below.

* The Journal –collects in-game tips and experiences as the player progresses through the game, acting as both an explanation of game mechanics and as a chronology of player experiences. The Journal is a primary page available via the window paging button at the top of the screen or via the radial menu

* Dynamic Blood Moon Horde Difficulty – this system automatically adjusts the difficulty of the horde that a player gets on horde night to offer a challenge better suited to them. Difficulty is determined by the following:
o How long the player has lived without a death
o The level of the player
o The game difficulty settings
o How many players are in a group

*Note* The horde will keep coming until dawn breaks; the player will clear the “real” horde at some point but will continue to get a zombie or two for the duration of the night

* Container Sorting –provides an option to automatically stack all stackable items and move like items together in a given container to clean up messy inventories
o Players can also now use a handy UI pop-up to quickly modify the number of items they want to craft, select, move around, etc.

Additional FIxes

* Fixed a bug that prevented the “Yucca Plant” resource from being harvested from Yucca plants

* Fixed an issue that would prevent pistols from being returned to the inventory once they were dropped

* Fixed an issue with world gen that would sometimes cause POIs to spawn over ravines
o *NOTE* This will only be fixed in new games created after the installation of Patch 6

* Fixed an issue that would cause spikes placed too closely beneath stairs to damage a player climbing those stairs

* Fixed an issue that would prevent players from consuming water from natural sources unless they were almost submerged in them

* Fixed an issue that would cause harvested crops to not stack with existing stacks of those crops in the toolbelt

* Fixed an issue that would cause the auger to fall through the ground when dropped from a player’s inventory in a multiplayer game

* Fixed an issue that would cause the ground to disappear when a player was placing or removing blocks

* Fixed an issue that would cause the pipe bomb to fall at the player’s feet when they would try to throw it

* Fixed an issue that would cause Blood Moon zombies to run back and forth between the host and clients on a map if they were in different areas of the map

* Fixed an issue that would cause the player to teleport to the surface of the map when dismounting a Minibike near a cave wall

* Fixed an issue that was allowing items to be dropped into walls, rendering them irretrievable

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the “Collect item” prompt from appearing on a dropped Stone Shovel

* Fixed some minor performance issues that would occur when players would use LB/RB or L1/R1 to scroll through in-game menus

* Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause large quantities of player-placed blocks to become invisible in player-made caverns

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the distance between players from being updated when the user is in the Players tab

* Fixed an issue that would allow players to upgrade and destroy blocks simultaneously

* Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause airdrops to freeze in midair

* Fixed an issue that would display a pick-up prompt to appear for land mines and pressure plates and allow them to be picked up, reducing their usefulness as a trap

* Fixed an issue that would cause the max stamina and health values to be different from one another when the player would consume meat stew

* Fixed an issue that would cause the ammo count to disappear after respawning while wielding a weapon

* Fixed an exploit that would allow the player to mine resources upon destruction of the two-part fridge

* Fixed an issue that caused cemeteries to occasionally spawn above the ground instead of on it

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue that would cause the “player catching fire” sound effects to persist wherever the player caught fire, even once the fire that caused the damage was extinguished

System/Stability

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the achievement “Playing Doctor” from unlocking for players playing in non-English languages

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when a player would attempt to strike certain blocks

Thanks, as always, for being the awesome community that you are! We can’t wait to hear what you think of Patch 6 when you get your hands on it.

Jamie mallinder
12-13-2016, 01:08 PM
Brilliant nice work

shadowolf420
12-13-2016, 01:22 PM
So we can now craft a specified number of items, thats awesomesauce right there. Cant wait, also is the notes included commemt a reference to interesting debate that was started in GD.

ZombieHoG
12-13-2016, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the good work,
and still plenty of time for M$ and SE to aprove ahead of the holidays...

Clare
12-13-2016, 01:36 PM
So we can now craft a specified number of items, thats awesomesauce right there. Cant wait, also is the notes included commemt a reference to interesting debate that was started in GD.

Which debate?

jbomia2
12-13-2016, 02:04 PM
awesome news thanks Clare. Was really hoping for lootable gore blocks or combine feature on workbench but happy for these improvements and to get them b4 xmas. thanks Fun Pimps and Telltale games for all the great work u've been doing.

skippy0330
12-13-2016, 02:22 PM
damn i was late on this one

Stoff187
12-13-2016, 02:53 PM
And when u fix the Multiplayer issue ? My friend cant join my server it crashs everytime since patch 1 ! He is joining then stay for a min and Crash, everytime

dustipher
12-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Sounds like a good update with plenty of bug fixes and some great additions, especially the introduction of a UI for selecting number of items to craft. Also like the dynamic difficulty for horde nights.. thats a great addition and gets a big thumbs up from me!

Only thing missing IMO is the fix for neverending audio loops of SMG/Assault rifle firing. Unless that was already patched? Never had a go with these weapons as the audio glitch was unbearable...

Tlasan
12-13-2016, 03:02 PM
Sorting and the horde difficulty was something I was really waiting on. I hope the work station patch gets done soon. That's the other I'm waiting on.

Kidliquid01
12-13-2016, 03:53 PM
Merry Christmas!!! Great update.

shadowolf420
12-13-2016, 04:32 PM
Which debate?

The one about console release roland steped in on

See what happens when you spend so much time playing with your z-rection

Only thing missing IMO is the fix for neverending audio loops of SMG/Assault rifle firing. Unless that was already patched? Never had a go with these weapons as the audio glitch was unbearable...

I posted in GD about a temp fix for the auger sound it may work on the others but i dont have the ak or smg to check it yet, but ot might help ya out there

d4us2tr0
12-13-2016, 05:01 PM
hi clare u might remember me but ive been hearing about the Alpha 15 and was wondering if it's true what they're saying and wanted to know straight from you if it's faults or not because I would love to get more in this game just like anybody else I appreciate all the hard work you guys do to make this game great

Clare
12-13-2016, 05:06 PM
@Shadowolf420 - Oh yeah, that debate, hadn't caught up with it in a while. Shall give it a read. (also thanks for potential auger fix, I'll send it on to them)

@d4us2tr0 - That all kinda depends on what it is their saying, once I know what the are saying exactly I can help tell you if it's true or not. Also who are "they" ?

K-Lude
12-13-2016, 05:18 PM
Wait wait wait... So by "Players can also now use a handy UI pop-up to quickly modify the number of items they want to craft, select, move around, etc.", you mean that we can now input a specific number rather than having to hold the button down to increase the amount of items/materials we wanna craft? If so, was that added because of my suggestion? Or was it already in the works?

Mregomies
12-13-2016, 05:38 PM
Nice! Still would like to have workbench combination option.

daterxies
12-13-2016, 06:13 PM
I mostly play on PC, but my cousin and our buddy got into it on Console so I've been playing on ps4. Are updates on console like pc, where you should create a new seed?

Thanks

d4us2tr0
12-13-2016, 07:03 PM
ive heard alot about alpha 15 i just want to kno if its really happening.... like the football stadium and The prison and other things that are going to be added and as far as they I've just seen a lot on YouTube and stuff

CerealKiller231
12-13-2016, 07:09 PM
Thanks Clare and enjoy the Holidays looking forward to this and other future updates, any news about Animal spawns, seems to be my only issue, day 217 and they became very rare, some areas have been without animals for 100+ game days.

Smuggler233
12-13-2016, 07:33 PM
Is it just me or did I not see anything about terrain rewriting?

shadowolf420
12-13-2016, 07:48 PM

Thats what the MD5 comment is about at the begining of the post

clay37
12-13-2016, 08:10 PM

I heard about the patch from Skippy first, if that counts. Really like the videos man.

Usually console gets a little more than the patch notes cover. I hope the multiplayer duplication glitches have been fixed.

Now send the hate mail. LMAO

Damselx1
12-13-2016, 08:17 PM
This patch is great, especially the dynamic blood moon - it's just what was needed. Just one question though - do we need to start a new map for the changes to take effect?

DoucheVader
12-13-2016, 08:27 PM
Thanks Clare and Thanks to The Fun Pimps!

- - - Updated - - -

And when u fix the Multiplayer issue ? My friend cant join my server it crashs everytime since patch 1 ! He is joining then stay for a min and Crash, everytime

Maybe next time you can read the post? :) :) :) SMH!!!!

Hi all!

-Please do not post bug reports etc below. This thread is for the discussion of the patch ONLY. There is a section for bug reporting.
-No I do not have further info on A15 features or updates on MD5 and Multiplayer issues. When I have those updates they will get their own post.

Thanks,
Clare

- - - Updated - - -

ive heard alot about alpha 15 i just want to kno if its really happening.... like the football stadium and The prison and other things that are going to be added and as far as they I've just seen a lot on YouTube and stuff

I know what isn't happening -- you reading this post. LOL

Hi all!

Thanks,
Clare

- - - Updated - - -

This patch is great, especially the dynamic blood moon - it's just what was needed. Just one question though - do we need to start a new map for the changes to take effect?

With the exception of the RGW POI fix these fixes should work on any current or new world. RGW POI fixes would require a new game.

DoucheVader
12-13-2016, 08:40 PM

Well funny thing is this appears to be your first post. So you were motivated enough to set up an account to complain, yet not motivated enough to submit a bug report about your issues?

If you want to submit a bug report which will help The Fun Pimps fix the issue please view this thread first...

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting

You can submit your bug report here...

https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?83-Console-Bug-Reports

It does appear that this is a "known issue" maybe you have some new data that will help them solve this. The simple fact is they won't be able to fix ALL bugs that were reported prior to a patch. No developer has that kind of track record. The issue you encountered is definitely not a typical issue which makes it that much harder to fix due to the difficulty in recreating the issue. Keep in mind we are talking about a studio with a head count around 20 or so.

Also Clare specifically pointed out this is not the thread to chat about bugs, this thread is specifically for the patch.

Hi all!

Thanks,
Clare

DoucheVader
12-13-2016, 08:45 PM
I heard about the patch from Skippy first, if that counts. Really like the videos man.

Usually console gets a little more than the patch notes cover. I hope the multiplayer duplication glitches have been fixed.

Now send the hate mail. LMAO

Until PVP supports more than 4 players I doubt the dupe glitches are a big priority but I could be wrong.

That being said I don't know of many games that allow you to drop things or trade stuff that doesn't have some sort of dupe glitch or at the very least a history of dupe glitches and only 1 patch away from a new glitch. The Division had a pretty novel way of allowing you to trade items that helped mitigate duplication.

DoucheVader
12-13-2016, 08:58 PM
I Wonder how Weasal will take this news @Clare! :)

woodlandspring
12-14-2016, 12:49 AM
I stopped playing the game because I was sick of losing mini bikes when the game crashed and all the stuff in the baskets...please fix it!

Acoons1
12-14-2016, 04:13 AM
Thanks Clare! Just wondering- once the patch is through, will we have to start a new game to get the dynamic horde? It's not a problem, totally worth it if we have to. And also, I haven't really seen any news but do you know when Alpha 15 will be coming to consoles? I've heard it's a ways out.

open6l
12-14-2016, 06:30 AM
And also, I haven't really seen any news but do you know when Alpha 15 will be coming to consoles? I've heard it's a ways out.

Might want to re-read the very first paragraph on page one where Clare specifically says she has no further info on A15.

Clare
12-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Wait wait wait... So by "Players can also now use a handy UI pop-up to quickly modify the number of items they want to craft, select, move around, etc.", you mean that we can now input a specific number rather than having to hold the button down to increase the amount of items/materials we wanna craft? If so, was that added because of my suggestion? Or was it already in the works?

To be honest I'm not sure, seems like pretty perfect timing to me though.

Clare
12-14-2016, 11:58 AM
I Wonder how Weasal will take this news @Clare! :)

I hope he has a good cape picked out for his most epic return!

Clare
12-14-2016, 12:10 PM
To all of the people asking if you need a new seed. Whenever something is added that requires a new seed, like the POI spawning fix mentioned in these notes, it will say it underneath in a sub-note, everything else should be added to the game as is.

K-Lude
12-14-2016, 12:30 PM
To be honest I'm not sure, seems like pretty perfect timing to me though.

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u479/K-Lude/binoculars-to-sunglasses.gif (http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/K-Lude/media/binoculars-to-sunglasses.gif.html)

Thatguy553
12-14-2016, 04:43 PM
You guys should do a special update on Christmas eve or day that adds stuff instead of bug fixes that would be great!

Guillermo Espinoza
12-14-2016, 05:29 PM
Hice, when Will be available this New patch for xbox 1? :chuncky:

Clare
12-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Hice, when Will be available this New patch for xbox 1? :chuncky:

Today at 11am PST / 7pm GMT

jfletc3000
12-14-2016, 08:20 PM
I see a lot of stuff that have been fixed but when are we going to get stuff from Alpha 15 into the Xbox one alpha 15 has been out for a little over two months and little of it has been brought to the Xbox one when will we see some of the features of alpha 15 into Xbox one like making Bellows with leather for 1 some of the new buildings or just some of the cool features that I have seen on Alpha 15 on the PC side it be great to see these features soon

Hi all!

Thanks,
Clare

----------------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 6.0
PS4 Version 1.08
XB1 Version 1.0.8.0

Hey all! Patch 6 is just around the corner! We’ve got a boatload of fixes we think you’ll like! Check out the preview list below.

* The Journal –collects in-game tips and experiences as the player progresses through the game, acting as both an explanation of game mechanics and as a chronology of player experiences. The Journal is a primary page available via the window paging button at the top of the screen or via the radial menu

* Dynamic Blood Moon Horde Difficulty – this system automatically adjusts the difficulty of the horde that a player gets on horde night to offer a challenge better suited to them. Difficulty is determined by the following:
o How long the player has lived without a death
o The level of the player
o The game difficulty settings
o How many players are in a group

*Note* The horde will keep coming until dawn breaks; the player will clear the “real” horde at some point but will continue to get a zombie or two for the duration of the night

* Container Sorting –provides an option to automatically stack all stackable items and move like items together in a given container to clean up messy inventories
o Players can also now use a handy UI pop-up to quickly modify the number of items they want to craft, select, move around, etc.

Additional FIxes

* Fixed a bug that prevented the “Yucca Plant” resource from being harvested from Yucca plants

* Fixed an issue that would prevent pistols from being returned to the inventory once they were dropped

* Fixed an issue with world gen that would sometimes cause POIs to spawn over ravines
o *NOTE* This will only be fixed in new games created after the installation of Patch 6

* Fixed an issue that would cause spikes placed too closely beneath stairs to damage a player climbing those stairs

* Fixed an issue that would prevent players from consuming water from natural sources unless they were almost submerged in them

* Fixed an issue that would cause harvested crops to not stack with existing stacks of those crops in the toolbelt

* Fixed an issue that would cause the auger to fall through the ground when dropped from a player’s inventory in a multiplayer game

* Fixed an issue that would cause the ground to disappear when a player was placing or removing blocks

* Fixed an issue that would cause the pipe bomb to fall at the player’s feet when they would try to throw it

* Fixed an issue that would cause Blood Moon zombies to run back and forth between the host and clients on a map if they were in different areas of the map

* Fixed an issue that would cause the player to teleport to the surface of the map when dismounting a Minibike near a cave wall

* Fixed an issue that was allowing items to be dropped into walls, rendering them irretrievable

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the “Collect item” prompt from appearing on a dropped Stone Shovel

* Fixed some minor performance issues that would occur when players would use LB/RB or L1/R1 to scroll through in-game menus

* Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause large quantities of player-placed blocks to become invisible in player-made caverns

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the distance between players from being updated when the user is in the Players tab

* Fixed an issue that would allow players to upgrade and destroy blocks simultaneously

* Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause airdrops to freeze in midair

* Fixed an issue that would display a pick-up prompt to appear for land mines and pressure plates and allow them to be picked up, reducing their usefulness as a trap

* Fixed an issue that would cause the max stamina and health values to be different from one another when the player would consume meat stew

* Fixed an issue that would cause the ammo count to disappear after respawning while wielding a weapon

* Fixed an exploit that would allow the player to mine resources upon destruction of the two-part fridge

* Fixed an issue that caused cemeteries to occasionally spawn above the ground instead of on it

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue that would cause the “player catching fire” sound effects to persist wherever the player caught fire, even once the fire that caused the damage was extinguished

System/Stability

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the achievement “Playing Doctor” from unlocking for players playing in non-English languages

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when a player would attempt to strike certain blocks

Thanks, as always, for being the awesome community that you are! We can’t wait to hear what you think of Patch 6 when you get your hands on it.

Acoons1
12-14-2016, 08:29 PM
Sorry I missed that. Apologies.

Panda2002
12-15-2016, 11:06 AM
I see a lot of stuff that have been fixed but when are we going to get stuff from Alpha 15 into the Xbox one alpha 15 has been out for a little over two months and little of it has been brought to the Xbox one when will we see some of the features of alpha 15 into Xbox one like making Bellows with leather for 1 some of the new buildings or just some of the cool features that I have seen on Alpha 15 on the PC side it be great to see these features soon

Clare says she doesn't have details on A15 updates but will announce when she does. Says that in the first paragraph of the patch announcement that you quoted.

Fireman772
12-15-2016, 11:15 AM
Hey guys I love playing 7D2D and I know it's still a work in progress. Not sure were should place a idea I have about the game, I think if we could be able it build a car of some kinda that you could have some friends ride with you. And I was also thinking the use of molotov cocktails would be a great idea as well I mean we already have the material to make them in the game.
Thanks for all the great work your team does and keep up the work.

DoucheVader
12-15-2016, 04:32 PM
I stopped playing the game because I was sick of losing mini bikes when the game crashed and all the stuff in the baskets...please fix it!

Did you bother to submit information to the support forum?

Did you bother to read this post where it said this is not a bug report forum?

If you aren't apart of the solution -- what gives you the right to complain when things are not fixed?

- - - Updated - - -

Clare says she doesn't have details on A15 updates but will announce when she does. Says that in the first paragraph of the patch announcement that you quoted.

No one bothers to read any more. I fear for this world when the next generation takes over. LOL

Crains
01-19-2017, 08:59 PM
so it's basically still ♥♥♥♥ compared to pc version. i hear alot about these fixes wich i haven't had a problem with while pc version is getting new stuff all the time. sorry but you guys should stop paying whoever is in charge of console version cause they are doing a terrible job. i'm sorry but that's the truth

Boidster
01-20-2017, 10:45 PM
:lock1: