PDA

View Full Version : [12/14] Message from the Team - Re Multiplayer Issues

Clare
12-14-2016, 01:57 PM
Below is a message passed onto me from the team.

----------

Hey all!
We know that some of you have been experiencing issues with online multiplayer. Unfortunately, we still have been unable to recreate this issue internally, so finding a solution has not yet been possible. That said, we are still hard at work investigating and trying to get the information we need to fix this bug. We really appreciate your patience and support!

---------

Thank you all for all the help you have given so far in trying to find the source of this bug. If you have any info or details you want to share, please do so in the Console Bug Reports section to make sure I see it.
Clare

Jamie mallinder
12-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Great work team

courgi
12-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Did anyone try jiggling the cable?

shadowolf420
12-14-2016, 03:04 PM
Did anyone try jiggling the cable?

Or try unpluging it and pluging it back it usually works for me

Ric Walker
12-14-2016, 04:20 PM
They should just take some consoles with them home and try it again. i am pretty sure they can replicate the issue than...

madmax_2069
12-14-2016, 06:07 PM
They should just take some consoles with them home and try it again. i am pretty sure they can replicate the issue than...

Most of this is due to improper network settings, or a crap internet connection. I play on console and do not have these connection issues, haven't had them in quite a while.

They can take as many consoles they want, if they can't test using the same internet connection that the player is having the trouble on then they're not going to find an issue.

AirFalco1
12-14-2016, 07:00 PM
My friends and I have yet to encounter this issue and we play on multiplayer frequently

Paska boy
12-14-2016, 07:28 PM
The second bike disappears all the time and u get kicked out on a regular basis

Godfather
12-14-2016, 11:23 PM
Hey Clare I know most of my friends didn't start having issue with connection issues until patch 2 they are on dsl and I'm on cable I don't have a issue

Panda2002
12-15-2016, 11:02 AM
Most of this is due to improper network settings, or a crap internet connection. I play on console and do not have these connection issues, haven't had them in quite a while.

They can take as many consoles they want, if they can't test using the same internet connection that the player is having the trouble on then they're not going to find an issue.

My broadband speed is very good and my network settings are spot on but on my old world I was having mp issues roughly every hour. Touch wood it has stopped for a while since my friend and I have started a new Ran Gen world. I think it probably has more to do with how many changes have been made to the world than internet connections.

James playdirty
12-18-2016, 10:52 AM
I purchased a XB1 purely for this game back in September and have not been able to join anyone or anyone join me for longer than 10minutes. My internet up/down are fine and ive tried ethernet cable and wifi without success. Ive tried multiple port-forwarding stuff(im a noob with it) and have made sure ive got an open NAT type but still.. nothing. When attempting to join a friend (who lives in the same city as me) it gets to setting up server then discs me to the main menu. I''m sure it may have something to do with my router being BT HH5 and/or BT Infinity 2 internet. I truely hope they find a patch soon cause theres only so much 7d2d Twitch content I can watch until I want to jump back on the game for myself. When I play solo on a private game I get no problems apart from getting bored after a while.

Synthraxis
12-20-2016, 08:53 PM

This is not true. Both, my friend and I, have high speed internet with the two top providers in our area. He has Comcast and I have Verizon. Neither of us can play together or online at all. The game is currently broken. I'm glad it's not for you, but you shouldn't talk from a position of ignorance.

ONESNZER0S
12-28-2016, 05:21 PM

Are you the be-all ,end-all of online gaming knowledge? if so, then maybe you can help them figure out why some of us continue to have this problem.

Like others have said in other threads and here, I play other games online with NO issues at all, Halo 5 multiplayer and co-op campaign, as well as other games, with absolutely NO connection problems. I repeat, I can play those games with a friend for hours and never get disconnected from the game.

I have 7DTD for PC and have played a lot on servers with other people and have no connection issues with the PC version using my "improper network settings and crap internet connection", so why don't you just take a seat and let the rational adults talk so these people can fully realize that there IS a problem with their code in this port and it's not the fault of those of us that have spent $30 on this game and can't even play it.

The only reason I bought the xbox version is because a friend of mine that wanted to play it doesn't have a gaming PC. I would much rather just play the PC version because it's so much better, but I've spent the money on this and my friend did too and was all excited about playing it and we can't connect at all no matter which one of use tries to host the game.

IBKillingfools
12-29-2016, 01:24 AM
Yawn.

Same old sayings over and over again. Others have had no issues with any other game but this one, and found it had to do with thier connection. If it's not specific to the internet settings, how come my game works when it's the identical code to yours?

That is what makes it so difficult for them to fix. I bet you would be singing a completely different tune if the shoe was on the other foot, and you were playing online just fine, and it was someone else here complaining they couldn't.

ONESNZER0S
12-29-2016, 04:51 AM
Yawn.

Same old sayings over and over again. Others have had no issues with any other game but this one, and found it had to do with thier connection. If it's not specific to the internet settings, how come my game works when it's the identical code to yours?

That is what makes it so difficult for them to fix. I bet you would be singing a completely different tune if the shoe was on the other foot, and you were playing online just fine, and it was someone else here complaining they couldn't.

I don't know why. I'm not a computer programmer. And I bet you're not one either and you and that other guy shouldn't be getting on this forum and acting like you're an expert on the subject and making it sound like there's no problem with the game and the problem is the internet connections of the people that are having the connection issues. My point is still valid. Plenty of us have no issues whatsoever with other games online yet can't get or keep a connection with other players in THIS game.

Sure, people have different internet service providers and who knows what is different about those connections and how they are handled by games. Why can all my other Steam games and Xbox games connect to servers online and multiplayer matches with no issues if it's my internet connection that is the problem?

There is clearly something wrong with this game. I would guess that it has something to do with the way this game handles or processes different types of internet connections and they need to look into that part of their code

And no, if I wasn't having a problem with this game, I wouldn't be on here dismissing and discounting the validity of people that are.

MutilatorJuice
12-29-2016, 07:40 AM
I don't know why. I'm not a computer programmer. And I bet you're not one either and you and that other guy shouldn't be getting on this forum and acting like you're an expert on the subject and making it sound like there's no problem with the game and the problem is the internet connections of the people that are having the connection issues. My point is still valid. Plenty of us have no issues whatsoever with other games online yet can't get or keep a connection with other players in THIS game.

Sure, people have different internet service providers and who knows what is different about those connections and how they are handled by games. Why can all my other Steam games and Xbox games connect to servers online and multiplayer matches with no issues if it's my internet connection that is the problem?

There is clearly something wrong with this game. I would guess that it has something to do with the way this game handles or processes different types of internet connections and they need to look into that part of their code

And no, if I wasn't having a problem with this game, I wouldn't be on here dismissing and discounting the validity of people that are.

So you think having two dozen people come on these forums just to whine and flame, while providing no information from their setup whatsoever, will help them solve the issue. No words man. Just no words to describe this stupidity.

nathandavies
01-01-2017, 05:10 PM
I brought this game to play with my friends on xbox one and at first I was able to play with them on multiplayer then I stopped being able to use items, then the map wouldnt load around me and then I got kicked from the game and havent been able to join their game again. I have tried restarting the game and we have all deleted it and reinstalled it and it hasnt worked. I have tried it with wifi and ethernet cable incase it was my internet but that hasnt worked and they have also checked their internet as well. I am unable to play a game I brought to play with my mates. Anyone have any other ideas.

daveyg
01-01-2017, 05:55 PM
I brought this game to play with my friends on xbox one and at first I was able to play with them on multiplayer then I stopped being able to use items, then the map wouldnt load around me and then I got kicked from the game and havent been able to join their game again. I have tried restarting the game and we have all deleted it and reinstalled it and it hasnt worked. I have tried it with wifi and ethernet cable incase it was my internet but that hasnt worked and they have also checked their internet as well. I am unable to play a game I brought to play with my mates. Anyone have any other ideas.

Post in the bug reports section on the forum giving more details

Your internet provider.
What router is being used.
Your Download/Upload speeds.
Ping.
Game settings
NAT type.
How many consoles are on your network.
Any other info you think may be relevant.

skippy0330
01-01-2017, 07:08 PM
I guarantee 90 percent of multiplayer problems are nat issues with the xbox. very rare have i heard the issue on ps4, more common on xbox. people need to stop blaming the game, and start reporting it correctly in the bugs section, with the needed information. At this rate, the problem will never be solved, because its not software, its external hardware.

madmax_2069
01-03-2017, 05:56 AM
I guarantee 90 percent of multiplayer problems are nat issues with the xbox. very rare have i heard the issue on ps4, more common on xbox. people need to stop blaming the game, and start reporting it correctly in the bugs section, with the needed information. At this rate, the problem will never be solved, because its not software, its external hardware.

Yeah Xbox always seemed to have that issue, mainly with their systems compatibly with the routers on how different ways a router handles functions such as port forwarding, and UPnP and DMZ then what the Xbox wants.

If you have a router that isn't fully compatible with how Xbox wants it's network to be handled then you're going to have issues. Not saying that PS4 doesn't have this issue either, PS4 just seems to be more compatible with routers. And things quickly go wrong when you have multiple game systems on the same network, as both system's are fighting over ports and some routers go stupid trying to figure things out and route them correctly, or blocks one system and allows the other.

Microsoft use to have a router compatibility list, I don't know if they still do or if they fixed their software to be more compatible with more routers (I'd imagine they have), but it always seemed like more of an issue with Xbox then on PlayStation.

zzBuLLeTzz
01-05-2017, 02:32 AM
Possible Xbox ONE Multiplayer fix:

Not sure if this has been shared so I apologize if it has. There's a technique that works quite often for Xbox ONE gamers with multiplayer issues. (me, my dad, and my brother have used it many times successfully)

For some reason, Xbox doesn't like it when games resume when it comes to multiplayer. I have this same issue with GTA V online. Before starting the game, make sure the game is fully quit first. If you load the game and it doesn't go through the developer logos and take a while to load up the main menu, follow the steps from Xbox support to close the app and re-open. (all players should do this)

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/how-to-close-xbox-one-app-or-game

So now anytime I know I want to play multiplayer, I always go to the home screen, hit menu, and verify that the game doesn't have the option to quit. If it does, I quit and then launch the game from scratch and multiplayer has worked every time. Hope this helps.

Not sure if PS4 also stores game states and has a similar process, but it's worth a shot if it does. Hope this helps.

Notes: if you're gonna play single player or split screen, then this is unnecessary. Single player / split screen doesn't seem to be affected by the resume feature.

Clare
01-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Very interesting zzBuLLeTzz - I did not know of this issue. I shall add you suggetion to the confirmed section post on multiplayer issues in the hopes this can help some.

If anyone finds this works for them, please let me know.

LargeInfant
01-06-2017, 12:28 AM
Possible Xbox ONE Multiplayer fix:

Not sure if this has been shared so I apologize if it has. There's a technique that works quite often for Xbox ONE gamers with multiplayer issues. (me, my dad, and my brother have used it many times successfully)

For some reason, Xbox doesn't like it when games resume when it comes to multiplayer. I have this same issue with GTA V online. Before starting the game, make sure the game is fully quit first. If you load the game and it doesn't go through the developer logos and take a while to load up the main menu, follow the steps from Xbox support to close the app and re-open. (all players should do this)

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/how-to-close-xbox-one-app-or-game

So now anytime I know I want to play multiplayer, I always go to the home screen, hit menu, and verify that the game doesn't have the option to quit. If it does, I quit and then launch the game from scratch and multiplayer has worked every time. Hope this helps.

Not sure if PS4 also stores game states and has a similar process, but it's worth a shot if it does. Hope this helps.

Notes: if you're gonna play single player or split screen, then this is unnecessary. Single player / split screen doesn't seem to be affected by the resume feature.

Yeah I have had similar issues with other multiplayer games (in particular TitanFall 1) and I was doing the same thing as above....quitting out completely then loading the game up. For whatever reason it thought i was still in a multiplayer party and it didnt like it. As soon as I started quitting out completely, it worked fine. Its now a habit of mine to completely quit out of all games like this.

Jon Dillinger
01-06-2017, 09:20 AM
I have been paying for months with out any MP issues i have been playing with people from Australia to Greece and here in the northwest (im west coast ) no problems not sure what to tell people other than trade your xbox in for a ps4 . my dad is on the xbox and i'm on PS4 he's experienced twice as many glitches as me, especially the mini bike and Poi reset , i haven't lost a mini bike or had a base reset played several games past day 90 with a variety of rule sets so im not sure folk <snip by OzHawkeye>
later y'all it's day 75 AKA loot day

Edit by OzHawkeye: Let's not turn this into a PS4 versus XBOX debate. Thanks.

darkwarriors2014
01-20-2017, 11:50 PM
Hello, on console these dead nothing but nothing advanced. Instead of paying someone who knows about console for advanced version. But no it is not moving more and more people stop the games in france and belgium without probably counting other countries of europe. After we should say thank you for a games that advances not and well no I will say no thanks for the moments.

Jon Dillinger
01-20-2017, 11:54 PM
Hello, on console these dead nothing but nothing advanced. Instead of paying someone who knows about console for advanced version. But no it is not moving more and more people stop the games in france and belgium without probably counting other countries of europe. After we should say thank you for a games that advances not and well no I will say no thanks for the moments.
your English is uncharacteristically bad for a European , but that aside if you want the game to advance , report bugs with details and information , and maybe you'll get you wish , complaining will solve nothing except the mystery of your character flaws

WILLSmith
01-25-2017, 02:35 PM
Very interesting zzBuLLeTzz - I did not know of this issue. I shall add you suggetion to the confirmed section post on multiplayer issues in the hopes this can help some.

If anyone finds this works for them, please let me know.

I still have a plethora of issues on multiplayer. But myself and my friends who still play noticed a heavy fall in frequency of issues, when we do fully shutdown of the game. and we usually restart the console first before we do a lengthy game on the weekends too.

My friend in the US only has issues during prime time, and therefore doesnt play during that time.

darklight666
01-30-2017, 02:53 AM
So you think having two dozen people come on these forums just to whine and flame, while providing no information from their setup whatsoever, will help them solve the issue. No words man. Just no words to describe this stupidity.

Aint you doing the very same thing without providing any solution ha

- - - Updated - - -

They need to fix this iam so tired of having to start back in the game because it keeps booting me out after a few mintues or if iam lucky a hour and it seem very random at doing this some of my friends who i play with even happen to be frozen in place without able to walk around and move at all the only way to fix that would be to exit the game and go back into it but thats just the problem its been since 2016 and this still hasnt work without crashing at random still

JrBradley
01-30-2017, 03:15 AM
For everyone who says "its all the connection, or its all the network" just leave and let the grown ups talk, they may be a factor but they are not the problem, i do not have good internet speeds myself, i have not been able to connect to a multiplayer game in around 6 months, just recently my friends have been able to connect to mine with pings of 80-190 but they still get kicked out

SilvenWolf
01-30-2017, 11:00 AM
7DTD is not your typical multiplayer game, most multiplayer games do not have to contend with large sandbox area’s that can be fully destroyed, or new builds made, most multiplayer games are dealing with small packets of information.

7DTD appears to require a far larger transfer of data, and as the HOSTs console is the actual server, multiplayer will have a bearing on the Host player’s internet connection and set up (ISP and router type as well as config or router)

Just jumping on here and stating multiplayer works on other games and not on 7DTD is not a reason to not look at your internet, router, configuration, upload speeds etc….

A lot of standard ADSL connections limit the upload speed to around 750kb to 1Meg max, even if your download is 20meg plus, unless you are on a fibre connection, which offers greater uploads, your upload speeds will have a bearing on your multiplayer connections.

It has been reported by the devs that for a 2 player game, the host ideally needs a minimum of 1meg upload, going up to 2meg for 3 players and 3meg for 4 players.

The host needs to be the one with the greatest upload. For those that can connect but not stay in game for long, this is likely to be a factor for 7DTD.

It has also been identified that certain router types struggle with this level of requirement, it has also been reported that changing your ISP has resulted in fixing the multiplayer issues. Therefor pointing to the ISP’s policies being a factor.

If the basis of your irk is that you can play multiplayer on other games and not this and you are not prepared to or have the ability to interrogate or investigate these other factors, then you will continue to be unable to play until the Devs can work out why a majority of players can play and you cant. If you have not provided information about your set up and online configurations, then it is highly likely that future fixes may not address your set up.

Whether you think you should have to do this or not is irrelevant, if you don’t provide information to the devs, then they will take longer to identify your issue if at all, the answer might be simple if more info was provided, you could be just a couple of network tweaks away from playing or understanding if you can or not.

As most players do not have these multiplayer issues, you can’t just rack up here and complain at the dev. It is obvious it is not so simple if it works or not as it works fine for a majority of users. Therefore it is just as likely that there is another contributing factor as to why you can’t play multiplayer.

IBKillingfools
01-30-2017, 11:06 AM
We'll put silven.

MutilatorJuice
01-30-2017, 11:51 AM
No kidding. Speech Skill +10 Points

Canyon757
01-30-2017, 07:49 PM
7DTD is not your typical multiplayer game, most multiplayer games do not have to contend with large sandbox areaís that can be fully destroyed, or new builds made, most multiplayer games are dealing with small packets of information.

7DTD appears to require a far larger transfer of data, and as the HOSTs console is the actual server, multiplayer will have a bearing on the Host playerís internet connection and set up (ISP and router type as well as config or router)

Just jumping on here and stating multiplayer works on other games and not on 7DTD is not a reason to not look at your internet, router, configuration, upload speeds etcÖ.

A lot of standard ADSL connections limit the upload speed to around 750kb to 1Meg max, even if your download is 20meg plus, unless you are on a fibre connection, which offers greater uploads, your upload speeds will have a bearing on your multiplayer connections.

It has been reported by the devs that for a 2 player game, the host ideally needs a minimum of 1meg upload, going up to 2meg for 3 players and 3meg for 4 players.

The host needs to be the one with the greatest upload. For those that can connect but not stay in game for long, this is likely to be a factor for 7DTD.

It has also been identified that certain router types struggle with this level of requirement, it has also been reported that changing your ISP has resulted in fixing the multiplayer issues. Therefor pointing to the ISPís policies being a factor.

If the basis of your irk is that you can play multiplayer on other games and not this and you are not prepared to or have the ability to interrogate or investigate these other factors, then you will continue to be unable to play until the Devs can work out why a majority of players can play and you cant. If you have not provided information about your set up and online configurations, then it is highly likely that future fixes may not address your set up.

Whether you think you should have to do this or not is irrelevant, if you donít provide information to the devs, then they will take longer to identify your issue if at all, the answer might be simple if more info was provided, you could be just a couple of network tweaks away from playing or understanding if you can or not.

As most players do not have these multiplayer issues, you canít just rack up here and complain at the dev. It is obvious it is not so simple if it works or not as it works fine for a majority of users. Therefore it is just as likely that there is another contributing factor as to why you canít play multiplayer.

Your explanation is factual to an extent and very informative to the majority of your audience.

I personally run a fiber connection, average around 90MB down and 5-6MB up on a high-end Asus router.

I am CompTia A+, CompTia Net+ Certified, with a handful of Microsoft Certifications as well, so I am confident in most of my information.

All that being said, I typically host our 7DTD sessions because of my knowledge and setup of my network. We still experience multiplayer issues, kicks, unable to connect, perpetual waiting for server, straight up game crash and so forth. It is frustrating for everyone, myself and my fellow survivors. I have taken the stand that TFP need as much information as possible to be able to rectify underlying issues with their development of this game. So I will do my part to assist as long as the game holds my attention SQUIRREL!

Please don't take it that I am trying to shoot down SilvenWolfs post, I am not. I am simply pointing out that while the information he provided will clarify some things to some people, there are still issues with this game, and they need to be worked out. Until that is done, please people provide factual, thorough information for TFP. This will only help, don't come here screaming and crying, NO ONE WANTS TO LISTEN TO A CRYBABY! :-) If we continue to do our part, they will continue to do theirs. And they have been doing theirs, this is seen through the patches they provide and the stability of the game with each patch.

Thank you SilvenWolf for your explanation, and please everyone do your part if you want to the see this game continue to succeed.

roughgalaxy
01-30-2017, 08:26 PM
I don't suppose we could get some details on specifically what online multiplayer issues they are looking into. We have a big community and I'm sure people would be more than happy to attack specific bugs if they had more information.

Canyon757
01-30-2017, 08:40 PM
I don't suppose we could get some details on specifically what online multiplayer issues they are looking into. We have a big community and I'm sure people would be more than happy to attack specific bugs if they had more information.

It's not perfect, but the more thorough the information you can provide on any issues we experience the easier it will be for them to sort through them.

Just an example:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?58979-UI-Bug-Game-Crash

roughgalaxy
01-30-2017, 08:54 PM
It's not perfect, but the more thorough the information you can provide on any issues we experience the easier it will be for them to sort through them.

Just an example:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?58979-UI-Bug-Game-Crash

ah I'm following ya. I made a pretty detailed bug report today, I didn't realize there was an online multiplayer mega thread anywhere. it didn't show up when I did a search for my issue.

Canyon757
01-30-2017, 09:29 PM
ah I'm following ya. I made a pretty detailed bug report today, I didn't realize there was an online multiplayer mega thread anywhere. it didn't show up when I did a search for my issue.

Glad you found a thread that pertained to your issue.

JrBradley
01-31-2017, 04:21 AM
7DTD is not your typical multiplayer game, most multiplayer games do not have to contend with large sandbox area’s that can be fully destroyed, or new builds made, most multiplayer games are dealing with small packets of information.

7DTD appears to require a far larger transfer of data, and as the HOSTs console is the actual server, multiplayer will have a bearing on the Host player’s internet connection and set up (ISP and router type as well as config or router)

Just jumping on here and stating multiplayer works on other games and not on 7DTD is not a reason to not look at your internet, router, configuration, upload speeds etc….

It has also been identified that certain router types struggle with this level of requirement, it has also been reported that changing your ISP has resulted in fixing the multiplayer issues. Therefor pointing to the ISP’s policies being a factor.

Whether you think you should have to do this or not is irrelevant, if you don’t provide information to the devs, then they will take longer to identify your issue if at all, the answer might be simple if more info was provided, you could be just a couple of network tweaks away from playing or understanding if you can or not.

As most players do not have these multiplayer issues, you can’t just rack up here and complain at the dev. It is obvious it is not so simple if it works or not as it works fine for a majority of users. Therefore it is just as likely that there is another contributing factor as to why you can’t play multiplayer.

And what if i just got the game on pc today and can play multiplayer with no issues?
The problem seems to be with the game and maybe what others have said, that ps4 doesnt seem to have the problem, is true, if so then it would seem to be the game and the xbox not cooperating in some way.
correct me if im wrong i aint no computer/ electronic genius but if i can play on mostly maxed out settings on pc, and not have a problem connecting i cant see it being an internet issue

Edit: and i say connecting not hosting because on xbox i havent been able to join any games for around 6 months, but near the beginning and just recently i have been able to host with a couple of my friends.
i get what youre saying that it puts a lot of strain on the host to run this game, but does that mean the reasonably low pings mean nothing?

that is a legitimate question

JrBradley
01-31-2017, 04:29 AM
Until that is done, please people provide factual, thorough information for TFP.

Its telltale, Clare is our "middle man", but i dont know what information to give them, as i can connect on pc without issue. Its been so long since i have been able to play with my friends on xbox, i dont remember which patch it was that made it unplayable but it did work perfectly fine with the multiplayer when we had the building environment bug.

JrBradley
01-31-2017, 04:42 AM
one thing i forgot to mention is we were also wondering if it might be a Region issue, I live in canada and my friends i cannot connect to live in USA, though one of them is within a 6 hour drive from me

IBKillingfools
01-31-2017, 08:47 AM
There is credence to the internet being the issue, more specifically ports or channels. I'm no expert but here is a little info from my weekend.

Decided I didn't want to pay 2 different bills for internet and cable TV.. decided to drop my DirecTV package and opt to go with Comcast for both, while also upping my internet package to a faster option. Saved me about a hundred a month.... While the tech was out replacing a bad line from the poll to the house, I told him my wifi has been slow... So he did something to my router, said something about channel 10, as nobody in my radius was using it. I must say, Netflix and wifi runs MUCH better and my speeds are now as advertised..... BUT.... Now my Xbox live dosent connect at all. Odd part is, I can still see who is online, but I cannot access the store or any live functions.

TL/DR cable guy sped up my service by fiddling with router settings. No longer can play online.

MORAL there are issues with the way the Xbox and router communicate.

Canyon757
02-01-2017, 12:00 AM
Its telltale, Clare is our "middle man", but i dont know what information to give them, as i can connect on pc without issue. Its been so long since i have been able to play with my friends on xbox, i dont remember which patch it was that made it unplayable but it did work perfectly fine with the multiplayer when we had the building environment bug.

To the best of my knowledge, TTG has nothing to do with troubleshooting the game, or scripting patches. The information we provide here to our middlewoman is then passed on to TFP, who in return research the bugs, look for the issue, then submit the patch.

JrBradley
02-01-2017, 01:42 AM
There is credence to the internet being the issue, more specifically ports or channels. I'm no expert but here is a little info from my weekend.

Decided I didn't want to pay 2 different bills for internet and cable TV.. decided to drop my DirecTV package and opt to go with Comcast for both, while also upping my internet package to a faster option. Saved me about a hundred a month.... While the tech was out replacing a bad line from the poll to the house, I told him my wifi has been slow... So he did something to my router, said something about channel 10, as nobody in my radius was using it. I must say, Netflix and wifi runs MUCH better and my speeds are now as advertised..... BUT.... Now my Xbox live dosent connect at all. Odd part is, I can still see who is online, but I cannot access the store or any live functions.

TL/DR cable guy sped up my service by fiddling with router settings. No longer can play online.

MORAL there are issues with the way the Xbox and router communicate.

Yes, but the problem is not with connecting with live or with other games, its only with 7 days to die, and people have claimed its only with xbox as well

JrBradley
02-01-2017, 01:50 AM
To the best of my knowledge, TTG has nothing to do with troubleshooting the game, or scripting patches. The information we provide here to our middlewoman is then passed on to TFP, who in return research the bugs, look for the issue, then submit the patch.

I was under the understanding that TFP has nothing to do with the game on console, not that im right, i read that in the forum here a while ago but i dont remember if it was from Clare or if it was just hearsay, though thats not really relevent with helping...

Maybe clare would be able to let us know what they are looking into and we could be more help to find the problem then. And i know clare said she tells us everything she knows. Maybe the team could be convinced as to suggest problems they are contemplating and we would be able to be more a help then

FeanBlicker
02-01-2017, 03:39 PM
I think the problem is that some of us have been posting/waiting for a resolution for so long that even if we start out with intention to not be a douche we eventually turn into them. I think it'd be great if we had some direction as to things to try (settings to check on router for example) especially for those of us that are less technologically gifted!

I suspect the game is at fault only because I once could connect fine, and then after patch 2 could not. Any changes I have since made to my setup have been to try to solve the problem, but no game changes have been made to fix it. I've upgraded to fibre (£20pm extra) changed my router (£150). I've tried port forwarding, hard resets, MAC address changes. My speeds are 25down 10up. Yet in the months I've been waiting for a fix I've not heard one thing suggested by the developers or any update on progress.

I love this game. So much so that I'm now considering changing my isp at further cost to myself. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm 33 years old and crying like a baby, I just wanna play multiplayer!

I'd love to know what changes were made in patch 2 that would have have an effect on multiplayer network, there must be something.

That is all

zombkill
02-02-2017, 09:08 AM
I suspect the game is at fault only because I once could connect fine, and then after patch 2 could not. Any changes I have since made to my setup have been to try to solve the problem, but no game changes have been made to fix it. I've upgraded to fibre (£20pm extra) changed my router (£150). I've tried port forwarding, hard resets, MAC address changes. My speeds are 25down 10up. Yet in the months I've been waiting for a fix I've not heard one thing suggested by the developers or any update on progress.

I love this game. So much so that I'm now considering changing my isp at further cost to myself. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm 33 years old and crying like a baby, I just wanna play multiplayer!

I'd love to know what changes were made in patch 2 that would have have an effect on multiplayer network, there must be something.

That is all

Same here. Since Patch number 2 no connectivity to other players. They didnīt work on multiplayer issues at this time.

Maybe it is a hardware problem of the xbox system. Is it possible that a production series used other graphic chips or have a not
supported firmware? This idea is based on the reason that the disconnects are always happen before or while loading the graphics!

Clare
02-02-2017, 09:27 AM
To clear some stuff up, I am the point of contact for TTG and IGS - I do chat to TFP PC team on occasion but the first two are the ones I'm in touch with the most.

All information I have on the multiplayer issue can be found here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48737-Known-Issue-Multiplayer-Disconnection. As I get more information, I update that thread. I do not have all the details of how they're going about testing things, if I did, I would tell you.

I gather a wide range of information for the team. Which is all given back to them, between the original surveys, stuff players post in the Console Bug Report section and the confirmed section linked above there is a lot of information being pooled together. I do not know where the Eureka moment will come from (code can be like that), so I gather everything.

We - myself and the console team - know this is a frustrating issues for a lot of players. I'm sorry this has persisted for so long but we are doing our best to source the cause of the issue and though it may not seem like it, all information is helpful.

Clare

FeanBlicker
02-02-2017, 01:02 PM
Hi Clare

In no way was my post a dig at you so please don't take it that way, I know everything gets reported back. Frustrating for all involved!

I'm probably going to take the plunge and switch isp just for internet at least to bt, as have a limited choice of fibre where I live. I'll make sure I ask for the hh6!

I really think the game will be a massive hit once these issues are sorted, single player only gets you so far before becoming bored but now rangen is fixed the scope is Minecraft like.

JrBradley
02-03-2017, 03:27 AM
All information I have on the multiplayer issue can be found here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-Disconnection. As I get more information, I update that thread. I do not have all the details of how they're going about testing things, if I did, I would tell you.

Clare

Thanks for letting us know, i pretty much gave up on the game for console, just because of this issue, not that i dont like the game. But i will gladly give any information i can

I live in the country i cant get fiber or cable, we got Nexicom dsl 6 Mbps download, 800 KB/s upload with a Netgear model #R7000 wireless router, and before anyone says my connection is the problem, before the building enviroment bug was fixed i had no issue connecting, and i will test that suggestion about the mac address on the link tomorrow then get back to you here with the results

Clare
02-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Hi Clare

In no way was my post a dig at you so please don't take it that way, I know everything gets reported back. Frustrating for all involved!

Totally didn't see it as a dig :) The post was for everyone in case something was unclear.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for letting us know, i pretty much gave up on the game for console, just because of this issue, not that i dont like the game. But i will gladly give any information i can

I live in the country i cant get fiber or cable, we got Nexicom dsl 6 Mbps download, 800 KB/s upload with a Netgear model #R7000 wireless router, and before anyone says my connection is the problem, before the building enviroment bug was fixed i had no issue connecting, and i will test that suggestion about the mac address on the link tomorrow then get back to you here with the results

Thanks for that, if you do or don't have success with any of that, would you mind posting it in the thread I linked. I pool a lot of info there and link it back to the team on occasion.

JrBradley
02-03-2017, 06:40 PM
Yes ma'am, i was able to test last night but alparently some of xbox live was down including gaming so i cant be conclusive yet hah