PDA

View Full Version : [12/17] Message from the Team - Hotfix Inbound

Clare
12-17-2016, 02:46 PM
Greetings!

The team asked me to inform you of a hotfix (details below) that'll be arriving in the coming days. It has been submitted to Sony and MS and will go live once it is approved. Because there is only a fix and no new added features it may go live for one console before the other depending on how long approval is for each company as the team want to get this out ASAP.

I won't be doing a second (or third) announcement once it goes live, but we wanted to give you a heads up before it does so when you see 6.1, you wont be left wondering.

Usual stuff
-Please do not post bug reports etc below. This thread is for the discussion of the patch ONLY. There is a section for bug reporting.
-No I do not have further info on A15 features or updates on MD5 and Multiplayer issues. When I have those updates they will get their own post.

------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 6.1
PS4 Version 1.09
XB1 Version 1.0.9.0

Hi all! We would like to announce the release of Patch 6.1.

Shortly after Patch 6 was released, we found that when a player would interact with the terrain near a certain tree it would cause MD5 errors.

This patch will fix that issue!

Thanks, as always, for your continued support!

Jamie mallinder
12-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Thank you team great work

IBKillingfools
12-17-2016, 05:02 PM
So this will fix all of the MD5 ERRORS or just a new issue post patch?

DazBart72
12-17-2016, 06:44 PM
Thanks, every little bit helps,if santa is watching all I want for xmas is always open servers with at least 8 players plzzzzz thank you :)

Thekodemeister
12-18-2016, 05:46 AM
Can someone explain what md5 errors are?

DeathGrowl
12-18-2016, 07:48 AM
Can someone explain what md5 errors are?

It's the terrain reset issues that people are having where all of a sudden their base is gone. MD5 is a hash algorithm so I'm guessing the game engine uses that as a checksum mechanism and if it finds a checksum error in the game world it resets the terrain back to the original state.

Clare
12-18-2016, 12:19 PM
To be clear this is only this cause of the MD5 error. If you think you have found a cause please post in Console Bug Reports section.

mrdiamond666
12-18-2016, 09:15 PM
So there are 2 icons on my map that wont go away. This happened on my last play through. And when I loaded up the game they are still there.

Labrat309
12-19-2016, 07:14 AM
So there are 2 icons on my map that wont go away. This happened on my last play through. And when I loaded up the game they are still there.

Please make a bug report in the correct forums.

DeathGrowl
12-19-2016, 07:49 AM

Most likely they have ended up in the ground. Try to place yourself right on top of it and dig straight down. Happened to me as well.

And don't forget to bring wooden frames so you can get out of there as well.

K-Lude
12-19-2016, 01:36 PM
Which tree model is it Clare, do you know? I guess it doesn't matter though, since the hot fix will take care of it. Did the game need to crash, in order for this bug involving the tree to take effect? I only ask, because I swear my base got reset while I was in the middle of playing, in a different part of the world. No crashing occurred.

Clare
12-19-2016, 02:07 PM
I'm actually not sure what tree it was... But it has happened to some people where they'd venture out from their base and they chunk they base is in could unload, and loading back in can sometimes cause an MD5, but the more common issue is with crashing.

Cxrwin
12-19-2016, 07:18 PM
Whenever I load my map my game crashes. I'm on ps4 and I am the only person who I know that is having this issue.

Clare
12-19-2016, 08:33 PM
Cxrwin, please submit a full report in the Console Bug Reports section and I will get back to you asap.

- - - Updated - - -

Which tree model is it Clare, do you know? I guess it doesn't matter though, since the hot fix will take care of it. Did the game need to crash, in order for this bug involving the tree to take effect? I only ask, because I swear my base got reset while I was in the middle of playing, in a different part of the world. No crashing occurred.

Okay it is possible this was the bugged tree. The team told me it would not have caused a crash, but you built in the area of the tree the loading of that area with the bugged tree could cause a wipe. If you are on PS4 (sorry cant remember which you are) that should not happen. If you are on XB1 and you havent got 6.1 yet, you may be safer to move.

K-Lude
12-19-2016, 09:28 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Okay it is possible this was the bugged tree. The team told me it would not have caused a crash, but you built in the area of the tree the loading of that area with the bugged tree could cause a wipe. If you are on PS4 (sorry cant remember which you are) that should not happen. If you are on XB1 and you havent got 6.1 yet, you may be safer to move.

Yeah, I'm on the X1, and haven't gotten a chance to play it yet today... My forge and the rest of the goodies were outside the base because I wasn't done building, so thankfully they didn't get wiped. I'm looking forward to the day when this bug gets wiped, though, as I'm sure many other players are as well.

DoucheVader
12-19-2016, 09:32 PM
So this will fix all of the MD5 ERRORS or just a new issue post patch?

Its all in the post for those who read and comprehend English.

Because there is only a fix and no new added features it may go live for one console before the other depending on how long approval is for each company as the team want to get this out ASAP.

-No I do not have further info on A15 features or updates on MD5 and Multiplayer issues. When I have those updates they will get their own post.

Shortly after Patch 6 was released, we found that when a player would interact with the terrain near a certain tree it would cause MD5 errors.

DoucheVader
12-19-2016, 09:37 PM
Whenever I load my map my game crashes. I'm on ps4 and I am the only person who I know that is having this issue.

Seems like you have issues reading or comprehending too.

Usual stuff
[I]-Please do not post bug reports etc below. This thread is for the discussion of the patch ONLY. There is a section for bug reporting.

If you'd like to submit a bug report you don't do that in a patch notes thread.

You can post in this forum...

Console Bug Reports (https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?83-Console-Bug-Reports)

Please read this post first...

[IMPORTANT] Please read BEFORE posting. (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting)

Cxrwin
12-19-2016, 10:02 PM
Seems like you have issues reading or comprehending too.

If you'd like to submit a bug report you don't do that in a patch notes thread.

You can post in this forum...

Console Bug Reports (https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?83-Console-Bug-Reports)

Please read this post first...

[IMPORTANT] Please read BEFORE posting. (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting)

I have issues comprehending? Who are you again? A random, just as I am. Don't insult me or question my intelligence especially if you're not staff. I definitely do not care what you have to say to me you social reject.

BIGJERM724
12-20-2016, 01:42 AM
Two questions so plz tell me I don't have to start a new world. An other question this error that occurs I was on a random seed and after the horde I went back in my house and my mini bike was gone could this error cause that.

IBKillingfools
12-20-2016, 02:15 AM
It dosent clarify that this is a NEW bug, it just states that it was discovered after the recent patch. Apparently English comprehension isn't your strong suit either. That's OK junior, we will speak slowly in future posts so you can keep up.

Charterbus
12-20-2016, 04:25 AM
I swear they want Clare to come check out their base so bad ��

Charterbus
12-20-2016, 04:50 AM
I'm sorry but this is just insane, by hotfix they mean repeat base explosion. If you rebuilt your base don't bother loading it, its just gunna explode again. How are blocks 30 feet below effected by a tree with no roots 😂✌️.

Clare
12-20-2016, 11:02 AM
Lets keep it civil in here please. If you have any bugs to report, please do so in the Console Bug Reports section as this thread is only for discussing the hotfix and I will not chase bugs here.

You will not need to restart your game as this is a fix to get the game to recognise this tree is a-ok and is where it's supposed to be. If you need to restart your game for a fix to take effect we'll let you know it notes.

IBKillingfools
12-20-2016, 02:29 PM
Clare, I am being civil. You don't want to see me angry, you ... You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

*Starts turning green*.

Clare
12-20-2016, 03:23 PM
Clare, I am being civil. You don't want to see me angry, you ... You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

*Starts turning green*.

*chucks zombrex at you and runs away arm flailing* AIEEEEEEEEE!!!

KaininAble
12-20-2016, 04:17 PM
At the moment I cant download the update. It's saying 'there is an update available but somethin went wrong' and it won't even load up beyond that.

Feels like maybe an xbox live problem rather than the game? I tried the usual resets and restarts. Never normally have any trouble. Thought I'd mention it here anyway..

Clare
12-20-2016, 04:33 PM
There is an Xbox update, you need to update your console first. For some reason the XB1 doesn't think to tell players this =/

KaininAble
12-20-2016, 04:44 PM
That's good of you to let me know. Thanks alot. I normally notice these things. Amateurrrrrrrr.

I think if you don't have the xbox switched to always on to do it automatically ,then it doesn't always tell you...at least not straight away. Although sometimes it does. I don't know! Its a great system,I stand by it...

Think I set out to defend it there and instead made it look a bit worse.

Glimpse
12-20-2016, 04:52 PM
There is an Xbox update, you need to update your console first. For some reason the XB1 doesn't think to tell players this =/

On the Home screen of the XBox if you push left on your left stick and bring up the menu on the left (is there any left left?) where it shows your profile, friends, achievements, etc, there is a gear icon, if there is a 1 next to it, it means there is a system update available.

I play 7 Days on PC, but I play a lot of Xbox games, so I've gotten in the habit of checking if there's a system update before launching anything.

Hope that little tidbit helps.

KaininAble
12-20-2016, 05:02 PM
Thanks guys

Firefox84
12-20-2016, 05:05 PM
How about stop adding and fixing the game where it don't crash every 45 min

Clare
12-20-2016, 05:52 PM
On the Home screen of the XBox if you push left on your left stick and bring up the menu on the left (is there any left left?) where it shows your profile, friends, achievements, etc, there is a gear icon, if there is a 1 next to it, it means there is a system update available.

I play 7 Days on PC, but I play a lot of Xbox games, so I've gotten in the habit of checking if there's a system update before launching anything.

Hope that little tidbit helps.

Learned something new there, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

That's good of you to let me know. Thanks alot. I normally notice these things. Amateurrrrrrrr.

I think if you don't have the xbox switched to always on to do it automatically ,then it doesn't always tell you...at least not straight away. Although sometimes it does. I don't know! Its a great system,I stand by it...

Think I set out to defend it there and instead made it look a bit worse.

Valiant effort though :D

Kraut1976
12-21-2016, 12:19 AM
I'm trying to update to 1.0.9.0 but my XBox One keeps saying that it can't update because there's a problem with the update.

IBKillingfools
12-21-2016, 12:43 AM
Apparently the incredible hulk reference went unnoticed. Lol.

recklezz
12-21-2016, 03:09 AM
U guys really need to fix the crashed cause it be crashing more

Clare
12-21-2016, 11:06 AM
I'm trying to update to 1.0.9.0 but my XBox One keeps saying that it can't update because there's a problem with the update.

Please see the previous page where I mentioned that the XB1 also has an update and that needs to be done first and another player describes how to check if your console needs an update.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the incredible hulk reference went unnoticed. Lol.

Not at all... but I tried to be funny in return and failed lol

- - - Updated - - -

U guys really need to fix the crashed cause it be crashing more

Please submit any reports you have to the Console Bug Reports section. There are many reasons a game can crash and while we are working to fix crashes your info could help. This thread is for the hotfix only, no bugs should be reported here.

RedMenace
12-21-2016, 06:55 PM
One question Clare, the md5 was rewriting areas where I had no trees? So is TFP sure that's the only cause? I have no other idea what the cause was other then it crashing and the game corrupting the chunk and causing it to rewrite.

IBKillingfools
12-22-2016, 03:34 AM
Red Menace, the MD5 errors caused by a tree was specific to this last patch from what I understand, and the problem your having is a separate issue that they are still working on.

Clare
12-22-2016, 03:47 PM
RedMenace there are many causes for MD5's, please see this post for all the info and a message from the team about the info: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?50175-Known-Issue-Terrain-Rewriting

This fix is for one MD5 trigger caused by one tree in a map.

Clare

asl fateddavis
12-23-2016, 07:41 AM
Have been watching this forum for a few months now, seen all the criticism and hating on what you and the fun pimps are doing and its become boring to see, so

THANK YOU FOR SUCH AN AMAZING GAME AND I TRULY BELIEVE IT WILL BECOME A BIG BIG GAME
I use to be a massive fan of the division and battlefields and cod until I came across this game a few months back, haven't played another game since totally addicted to this game 😵

Thank you all for all your hard work and commitment to this game and updates and is there anyway I can help donation wise ???

And sorry if this is in the wrong section 🙃

LargeInfant
12-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Have been watching this forum for a few months now, seen all the criticism and hating on what you and the fun pimps are doing and its become boring to see, so

THANK YOU FOR SUCH AN AMAZING GAME AND I TRULY BELIEVE IT WILL BECOME A BIG BIG GAME
I use to be a massive fan of the division and battlefields and cod until I came across this game a few months back, haven't played another game since totally addicted to this game ��

Thank you all for all your hard work and commitment to this game and updates and is there anyway I can help donation wise ???

And sorry if this is in the wrong section ��

Totally agree with you.

I have been monitoring the forums for a while now but never have posted. I understand people get frustrated but in the end its a game and its just a bit of fun. No need to take your frustrations out on TFP staff members who are clearly do their best to keep us informed.

Keep up the good work TFP. Looking forward to playing the game a whole lot more!

Clare
12-23-2016, 04:40 PM
Thank you both for your support! =)

Clare

darkwarriors2014
12-25-2016, 08:05 PM
Hello, I think develop them should pay people who works on console for advanced in games. Because there c is bug on bug not good multi nothing going.

Shaldor61088
12-29-2016, 08:09 AM
Hi FunPimps, first i wanna say thank you for your work on 7d2d, the game got so much more potential and like all console Players i cant wait for new content (Alpha 15). Anyway im not sure where to post ideas for the game. Is there any thread for it in console section? Id like to craft paper from wood for example. Hope youll never stop working on 7d2d. :)

Clare
12-29-2016, 01:15 PM
Hi Shaldor61088,

Ideas for the console version can go in General discussion, but if it is something suited to the game as a whole, you are welcome to post in Pimps Dreams in the PC section which is dedicated to ideas.

Clare

Brandon1407
12-30-2016, 10:10 PM
I have been on 7d2d for about a week now. I got It at Christmas and I really would like to play with my freind but when I join his game I am ok for about 45mins then out of the blue I carnt open boxes and cars. Then about a minute later I dc and it won't let me back in. So I thought that I would wait for the hot fix because I hope it solves this problem.I know that I am saying this in the wrong forum but I would like to know when the hot fix will be released and if it will fix the problem. I am on version 1.0.9.0.

Thanks Brandon1407

asl fateddavis
12-31-2016, 12:21 PM
I have been on 7d2d for about a week now. I got It at Christmas and I really would like to play with my freind but when I join his game I am ok for about 45mins then out of the blue I carnt open boxes and cars. Then about a minute later I dc and it won't let me back in. So I thought that I would wait for the hot fix because I hope it solves this problem.I know that I am saying this in the wrong forum but I would like to know when the hot fix will be released and if it will fix the problem. I am on version 1.0.9.0.

Thanks Brandon1407

Hey Brandon
I had the same issue until I reset my imac address on the Xbox
Go to all settings
Network
Network settings
Test your network connection
Then test your multiplayer connection
Now go to advance settings
Alternate mac address
Then press clear
Your Xbox will automatically shut down and restart
After I done this I've had no trouble for a good few hours
Hope this helps 😀

Brandon1407
12-31-2016, 12:51 PM
Hey Brandon
I had the same issue until I reset my imac address on the Xbox
Go to all settings
Network
Network settings
Test your network connection
Then test your multiplayer connection
Now go to advance settings
Alternate mac address
Then press clear
Your Xbox will automatically shut down and restart
After I done this I've had no trouble for a good few hours
Hope this helps 😀
Thanks m8 this seemed to have fixed the problem.
Thanks again Brandon1407

Clare
12-31-2016, 01:18 PM
Thank you for posting this information, I shall let the team know this works for some users as it may give a clue to what the problem is, and I will post your instructions with credit to you in the confirmed bugs section.

asl fateddavis
12-31-2016, 08:08 PM
Thank you for posting this information, I shall let the team know this works for some users as it may give a clue to what the problem is, and I will post your instructions with credit to you in the confirmed bugs section.

No need for the credit mate just happy to help,well hope it those help bring you and the team closer to a solution and possibly more room for more players 😁

Brandon1407
12-31-2016, 11:38 PM
So when is this hot fix coming? Sorry but I just carnt connect to my friends game after all of the comments about what I should do. It is getting very frustrating. I feel like I played 30 for a game that I carnt play.

Darin141779
01-04-2017, 11:15 PM
<snip by OzHawkeye>

Edit By OzHawkeye: It's ok to be critical, but try to be reasonable about it.

IBKillingfools
01-05-2017, 01:06 AM
Darrin, if your unhappy, delete the game and go away. No need to troll every chance you get.

Proves to the rest of us your just a little bit of a cry baby.

Boo hoo, baby boy. Maybe mommy and daddy can buy you a new Lego set or something.

Steve-o
01-06-2017, 05:09 PM
Greetings!

The team asked me to inform you of a hotfix (details below) that'll be arriving in the coming days. It has been submitted to Sony and MS and will go live once it is approved. Because there is only a fix and no new added features it may go live for one console before the other depending on how long approval is for each company as the team want to get this out ASAP.

I won't be doing a second (or third) announcement once it goes live, but we wanted to give you a heads up before it does so when you see 6.1, you wont be left wondering.

Usual stuff
-Please do not post bug reports etc below. This thread is for the discussion of the patch ONLY. There is a section for bug reporting.

------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 6.1
PS4 Version 1.09
XB1 Version 1.0.9.0

It's been a week since I got this game and I cannot connect to my friends games and they cannot join mine, but they have no problems in each other's games, we r on Xbox one and I still cannot join or be joined please help

Maggot_8741
01-10-2017, 04:59 AM
Greetings!

Usual stuff

------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 6.1
PS4 Version 1.09
XB1 Version 1.0.9.0

I started a map called WnJ and gotta the end of day one and stayed held up in the poi with wrap around porch and balcony. I quit to raise the difficulty and loaded it back and I was on the roof of the forge house. All my chests I put done and everything that was in the chest was gone. I quit changed the setting back and loaded it back and it changed back to the first house. My stuff was still gone. I went on playing til the end of the second day and figured I would try to change the difficulty again.and it happened again. I quit and loaded it back without changing the settings back and the house changed back to the original house again. I quit and deleted the map.

shaneOmac78
01-10-2017, 06:50 AM
Hey guys. Love the game. I play at least 5 hours a day. I only have one suggestion........ Would you all plz consider doing a weekly update on what your working on and what features you are trying to add? It would make us all feel like we are a part of this as well if you also did like a monthly Q&A session as well? Thank you for taking the time to read this. And plz keep up the amazing work. This is by far my favorite game so far.

XxUnkn0wnxX
01-10-2017, 07:50 AM
Hey guys. Love the game. I play at least 5 hours a day. I only have one suggestion........ Would you all plz consider doing a weekly update on what your working on and what features you are trying to add? It would make us all feel like we are a part of this as well if you also did like a monthly Q&A session as well? Thank you for taking the time to read this. And plz keep up the amazing work. This is by far my favorite game so far.

I support this, I feel like 7D2D for console is just frozen in time and no development is being done, even a little hint of info every week or status of whatever goal you guys are on will help us keep our spirits alive.

like I have questions like if A15 mostly done and ready for console but cant release due to some minor bugs & issues or there is no chance it will be released any time soon.. some of these thoughts are just eating me alive..

Clare
01-10-2017, 10:46 AM
This thread is designed for talking about hotfix patch 6.1 and is getting off topic I will say the following before asking following messages stay on topic:

I aim to bring you guys and much information as I can, when I can. However, while the teams are aware the community would like know what's happening and I pass questions from the community onto the team, how much information about future updates and features released is up to the publishers. I know TFP seem much more open in comparison between the regular development videos and the Q&A sessions but there are currently no plans I aware of to do that for console too. Any announcements of future plans, updates or features will be posted in the News and Announcements section as they are passed on to me.

With regards to Alpha 15 for consoles, there is the sticky in General Discussion: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52884-Alpha-15-and-beyond-for-Consoles
Which also contains this video from Madmole (Joel) on the console porting process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3HjqDNlmk

From this post onwards, please keep the thread on topic - Hotfix 6.1 - if you have any bugs or issues, please post in the Console Bug Reports section. If you have any questions of wish to continue the discussion of information from the teams, please do so in General Discussion.
For everything else, please check out this post: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?53646-INFO-The-Sections-of-the-Forums

Thank you,
Clare

Canyon757
01-17-2017, 03:40 PM
Hope the Hot fix fixes the crashes for ya'll.

Trazdal
01-20-2017, 07:17 AM

It hapens to me on Xbox just this week 1/18/2017.

Clare
01-20-2017, 09:35 AM
Please post all issues in the console bug report section.

This thread has no served its purpose and will be closed.
Clare