PDA

View Full Version : Transmission: Mil-Pack01

TSBX
01-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Not to worry anybody, but we've spotted higher concentrations of military presence in the area since it happened.

Early reports show the following intel:

Continue at your own risk, if you're caught with this information you're on your own.

First up we've got what appears to be some sort of hangar or garage, my guys got interrupted before they could gain access so it's unclear whether the inhabitants are friendly or not:
http://i.imgur.com/i6q0ADr.jpg

This is far more frightening than the last report, military grade hardware is bad for business for us looters. It's gonna make raids much more dangerous.
http://i.imgur.com/hGDqAV2.jpg

This gives us the most hope, we've found a location that was either used to get people out, or supplies in. Either way it deserves some investigation.
http://i.imgur.com/z8dyLCQ.jpg

We've still got teams out who haven't reported in, so this may just be the beginning. Further transmissions will take place as the intel updates.
-----
Download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-KoCpSr2SnxbWdHMVpSUTQyYWM

In particular I'd like to thank GuppyCur for all of his help, Hal9000 for his ever valuable editor, and LuckyStar for giving me inspiration and a starting point for the tanks. Of course all of you modders, prefabbers, and code divers deserve accolades, so let me just say, thanks to each and every one of you for making this community great.

(Please feel free to use these however you'd like, I'm glad to finally have something worthwhile to contribute back!)

Spider
01-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Those tanks look really cool

Guppycur
01-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Damn spiffy. DAMN spiffy.

...and I didn't do anything, that's all you bud. Nice work T.

LuckyStar
01-08-2017, 08:53 PM
That's really impressive!!!

Fantastic work!

TSBX
01-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Thanks guys, but you all paved the way!

Slaan
01-12-2017, 09:41 PM
Some awesome builds there, love the tanks and the heli-pad will defo check these out

Laz Man
01-17-2017, 05:49 AM
Great additions to the community. Thank you TSBX!!!

Horst
01-29-2017, 11:55 PM
Hey TSBX,
Guppy just linked me your thread, as I am currently experimenting with building tanks myself. If you don't mind a bit of exchange, may I ask on what type of tank you modelled yours on, and if I see correctly that they are mainly made from curbs?

TSBX
02-01-2017, 05:22 PM
Hey TSBX,
Guppy just linked me your thread, as I am currently experimenting with building tanks myself. If you don't mind a bit of exchange, may I ask on what type of tank you modelled yours on, and if I see correctly that they are mainly made from curbs?

Hey Horst,

Mostly on the M1a1 for the front view, and then kinda went freestyle after that. The sides and rear remind me more of a T1 U.S WWII era tank.

The tanks are primarily composed of control panel bases. I got that excellent idea from one of LuckyStar's prefabs. I'm hoping in A16 we will be able to make a steel shape using that mesh but able to paint it to look like the control panel material and STAY that way until block goes poof. Right now they are super weak and a trove of electric and electronic parts. =/.

JaxTeller718
02-01-2017, 06:03 PM
These are awesome man. Great work!

Horst
02-01-2017, 11:04 PM
Hey Horst,

Mostly on the M1a1 for the front view, and then kinda went freestyle after that. The sides and rear remind me more of a T1 U.S WWII era tank.

The tanks are primarily composed of control panel bases. I got that excellent idea from one of LuckyStar's prefabs. I'm hoping in A16 we will be able to make a steel shape using that mesh but able to paint it to look like the control panel material and STAY that way until block goes poof. Right now they are super weak and a trove of electric and electronic parts. =/.

Control panels are a great idea...and they already have quite a fitting colour...
I tried my hand on a M1 but the shapes just aren't there atm - or those who are in the game only exist in wood and steel...

Thats as close as I currently come to it with just the form...I think there are a lot of possibilities with painting, or if wedges finally get all rotations.
If it is ok with you we could exchange a bit of further shape ideas once A16 is out and more things are possible!?

BTW how did you do the tracks?

Dicey
02-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Those tanks represent some OTT imagination and ingenuity man, I love the Helipad and the U.S.Hanger! So awesome.

I have literally just gotten my own install of Hals editor configured following GupyCurs import/export tutorial (thanks for that mate!) and I tried to make something but I put the TNT to it because it sucked hard, I hope my next build will be even a 1/8th as cool as these!

Keep up the great work!

PS: Can I steel these for my in-dev mod please, pretty please with sugar on the top ^^ ? :D

TSBX
02-06-2017, 01:35 AM
@Slaan and Laz Man and Jax: Thanks guys, I get struck with a muse occasionally. :)

@Horst : Steel Ramps and blocks. I really wish there was a way to rotate the texture on the face, might have ask in the next Q&A...

@Dicey : Feel free to use anything I upload however you'd like, it's part of being a community. | Once you get used to the basic functions in Hal's (How to export your claim, shave off unnecessary layers from top and bottom, terrain filler if needed for blending, and re-import to look at changes) that's 90% of what you'll be doing so don't feel too pressured to memorize rotation numbers yet. :)

Also, I find it incredibly helpful to look for a picture of my intended build to get an idea of what shapes I'll need and scale and things like that. It likely won't be able to be built at 100% detail, but it's all we have to work with.

Glad you guys like these, I've got a few more in my back pocket so I'll see if I can't get a second batch out this week after next.