PDA

View Full Version : Prefab pasting.

TreebGaming
01-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Hi guys, i've made a few prefabs and have them saved, but what i'm trying to figure out is how I'll be able to "paste" them into a remote server world. I can paste them into the "edit" mode map no problem but have no idea how to do it on a remote server, I basically want a communal location with traders and a crafting area.

Guppycur
01-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Got a few options, depending in which files you have access to and whether or not you have specific coordinates or random.

TreebGaming
01-07-2017, 09:18 PM
We'd like to be able to place it at a specific location as opposed to have it randomly generated in.

As far as I'm aware we have access to all the files via ftp, I created it in "edit" mode in single player and have transferred the files into the server prefab folder, that's as far as i've gotten.

I have the server details put into Hal9000 prefab editor and we have anti-cheat disabled on the server side and on our launchers.

Guppycur
01-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Okay.

Easiest way is to create a save game with the exact same seed as the one you made the prefab in, then copy the region file that contains the prefab from your computer to the server. This works best if it's a fresh server, because it'll overwrite the region.

Next is installing hals server dll, or coppis dll, and the prefab to the servers prefab folder and import it. I like hals.

Or you can install hals dll and use his world editor.

TreebGaming
01-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Does this mean having to build the prefab in any mode other than the hidden edit mode? I'm not sure why but it seem like the edit mode doesn't seem to save the region files.

Guppycur
01-07-2017, 10:25 PM
You mean herphs dll?

I was talking about building in creative.

Use hals.

- - - Updated - - -

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?54608-A15b105-How-to-Export-a-Base-Prefab

TreebGaming
01-07-2017, 10:27 PM
yeah, i created the prefab in the hidden edit mode (where I had to replace the Assembly-CSharp.dll with the modded one)

i'll just recreate it in creative mode then try it again in your way.

Guppycur
01-07-2017, 10:31 PM
If you have the prefabs already saved, follow the youtube tutorial. In the long run, it's the best solution because you'll be set up to do it in the future easily.

StompyNZ
01-07-2017, 10:45 PM
I prefer using coppis prender command over hals dll as you can keep the server vanilla and eac on using api mods.

use help prender to get instructions in game, but it is essentially prender prefabname to insert at your current location, or prender x y z prefabname to insert at specific co-ords (not sure if chunk has to be loaded, but probably)

pundo will revert your changes if you get the location wrong, but if you overwrite any player owned blocks they lose ownership, and loot containers will revert back to untouched

Guppycur
01-07-2017, 10:49 PM
Weird. I figured it worked like hals undo, which just seems to backup the region. Huh.

StompyNZ
01-07-2017, 11:29 PM
Weird. I figured it worked like hals undo, which just seems to backup the region. Huh.

I havent used hals undo but it appears to create an undo file on disk. coppis just stores it in memory as a prefab

LuckyStar
01-08-2017, 11:28 AM
I havent used hals undo but it appears to create an undo file on disk. coppis just stores it in memory as a prefab

I have GOT to figure out how to use that.

I've missed my mark so many times and had to put up with it.

Also, Stompy, I hear you've got a website? Guppy mentioned it. I don't know what it is and can't find it.

Mind sending me the link please? I don't know the rules about promoting other sites on this forum so I
am just asking for a private message.

Thanks in advance,

~ Lucky

StompyNZ
01-08-2017, 12:06 PM
my site is 7days2mod.com. its an active database of the game xml files, and a place where people can upload their mods to view the data as well.

I need to put a bit of work into it and convert it over to using github for the database but as always I have too many things to do :p

Long term plans with the api mod is to enable similar display of game data as well as player data

LuckyStar
01-08-2017, 04:04 PM
my site is 7days2mod.com. its an active database of the game xml files, and a place where people can upload their mods to view the data as well.

I need to put a bit of work into it and convert it over to using github for the database but as always I have too many things to do :p

Long term plans with the api mod is to enable similar display of game data as well as player data

So that's your? Okay so then I have seen it.

That's pretty cool. I like the colours as well. Easy on the eyes.

Guppycur
01-08-2017, 04:34 PM
@lucky

Coppis works like hals, except instead of typing

bbb ip prefabname 300 45 454

It's

prender prefabname 300 45 454

Hals undo is

bbb undo (I think)

And coppis is

pundo

LuckyStar
01-08-2017, 05:02 PM
@lucky

Coppis works like hals, except instead of typing

bbb ip prefabname 300 45 454

It's

prender prefabname 300 45 454

Hals undo is

bbb undo (I think)

And coppis is

pundo

So that undo function for hal's is working right now?
I haven't update3d to 15.1 yet. Still playing A15 and using that editor but I'm going to try the undo on a test world.

Maaaaaaan that's going to make things so much easier.

I like to edit/customize worlds before I start them up. Too many towns spawn like crap and need to be filled in.
That's actually why I made the Utility Combo Pack [and a few others I haven't shown you guys]. To fill things in.
Sometimes I miss though.

Would be nice to undo things when I screw up. =)

Guppycur
01-08-2017, 05:52 PM
Si senor. And an up arrow for repeat commands.

TreebGaming
01-08-2017, 06:01 PM
I found something that you could probably call a bug with hals prefab editor.

I was unable to add myself as an admin through ftp for a dedicated server, but managed it fine on sp.

if I try to use the editors admin commands on a server, I get the admin restriction error message as you'd expect.

but if you then switch to single player, do a bbb rp to reset the editor, then switch back into the server, you still get editor admin permissions, now, as soon as you use the bbb ip command, it'll paste the prefab into the map, but only I can see it, then if you travel away from the prefab the rest of the entire map will fail to load in, like a massive missing chunk error, again, no one else will be affected by it.

LuckyStar
01-08-2017, 08:30 PM
I found something that you could probably call a bug with hals prefab editor.

I was unable to add myself as an admin through ftp for a dedicated server, but managed it fine on sp.

if I try to use the editors admin commands on a server, I get the admin restriction error message as you'd expect.

but if you then switch to single player, do a bbb rp to reset the editor, then switch back into the server, you still get editor admin permissions, now, as soon as you use the bbb ip command, it'll paste the prefab into the map, but only I can see it, then if you travel away from the prefab the rest of the entire map will fail to load in, like a massive missing chunk error, again, no one else will be affected by it.

Message Hal about it.

He's pretty good at responding. Surprising really, considering how many people want a piece of his time these days.

TreebGaming
01-08-2017, 11:27 PM
Yeah, in the pinned post he does seem to pretty on point, I'll see what he says.