PDA

View Full Version : [01/21] Message from the Team - Patch 7 in Submission (Notes Included)

Clare
01-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Hi all,

Patch 7 has gone into submission with Sony and Microsoft. Below is the patch notes sent on by the team for that patch.
Any *Notes* below only reference the fix directly above them unless otherwise stated.

The usual bit...
-Please do not post bug reports etc below. This thread is for the discussion of the patch ONLY. There is a section for bug reporting.
-No I do not have further info on A15 features or updates on MD5 and Multiplayer issues. When I have those updates they will get their own post.

Clare

-------------------------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 7.0
PS4 Version 1.10
XB1 Version 1.0.10.0

Hey all! Patch 7 is just around the corner and we’ve got quite a few fixes and improvements in store. Check out the preview list below:

Signs

* Player signs are player customizable blocks in the game. They allow users to type custom messages for all other players to see. Similar to secure crates, they have the capability to be locked, unlocked, and have a passcode applied
o *Note* Signs will only be editable in online multiplayer and single player games because the virtual keyboard is disabled in local multiplayer

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue that would prevent horde difficulty from adjusting correctly for parties with multiple players close together

* Fixed an issue that prevented mushrooms from spawning in caves on Random Gen worlds

* Fixed an issue that would sometimes stop interaction prompts from appearing when the player would die with a crossbow equipped and then respawn

* Fixed an issue that would cause Air Drops to disappear when a host re-entered a game

* Fixed an issue that would cause using a wrench on a Shopping Basket to yield 2 Shopping Baskets

* Fixed a bug that allowed the item “Banditgloves” to be obtainable in game

* Fixed an exploit that allowed pressure plates to be destroyed for more resources than it took to make them

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 5 that caused the grass to be greener than it used to be

* Fixed an issue where the sound effect for closing a container was playing when a container was opened

System/Stability

* Fixed a crash that would occur if player 1 would quit the game right after player 2 selected a character

* Fixed a crash that would occur when joining a game from the console main menu after booting it up from sleep mode

* Fixed an issue that would occasionally result in the corruption of player save data, resetting character data, and wiping inventory.
o Note: This fix will only prevent the issue from occurring in the future. It will not fix saved games that have been impacted by this bug up to this point.

* Fixed an issue where, if the player fell far enough out of world, it would corrupt the save game

* Fixed an issue that would cause an unresponsive state when a wireless controller was reconnected while the game was loading up

* Fixed an issue that allowed the player to pull up the virtual keyboard in split screen local multiplayer

Thank you for all your continuing support! We appreciate how involved you are with this game and this community.

-----

Update from team - Signs will appear in current saves, Mushrooms will appear in current saves but only in unexplored/unsaved cave areas.

cretauk
01-21-2017, 01:16 PM
I just wanted to say thank you Clare for keeping us up to date as much as you can with patch releases. I know a lot of community people are harsh on you, are harsh on TFP,and on Iron Galaxy for the console side of things But there are a lot of us who also understand you can't just tell us everything we want to know. You have to follow certain rules and guide lines. Thank you for your hard work and patience with this community

K-Lude
01-21-2017, 01:20 PM
Ah man, there was a way for us to get Bandit gloves? I'm kinda surprised they haven't added snowberries yet, seeing as how the plant that yields them has been in the game for a while now. To Clare and the rest of the team: keep up the great work!

jkwampner
01-21-2017, 01:25 PM
These are great fixes but I have been having the issue now as has other players with our drinking will be at 100 percent then it will rapid fall for no reason to 0 and no matter how much water you drink it doesn't move and ur bottles disappear and you die. This has also happened with health packs. Also after a player shoots one bullet it sounds like he is unloading mass amounts of ammo even after he stops but the sound effect don't. Been having issues with that and the kicking is off game completely to Sony menu this has happened a massive amount of times. Love the game but that last one is starting to get old.

shadowolf420
01-21-2017, 01:46 PM
Signs!!! Woot woot. Keep up the hard work to all involved. K-lude the only place i saw bandit gloves were available was creatibe mode. And really.... 3 posts in someones talking about bugs -_-

skippy0330
01-21-2017, 01:52 PM
Missed it again. Why on a saturday!

Clare
01-21-2017, 01:58 PM
Missed it again. Why on a saturday!

Sorry it was submitted while I was asleep >_< so I ended up posting today....

- - - Updated - - -

Ah man, there was a way for us to get Bandit gloves? I'm kinda surprised they haven't added snowberries yet, seeing as how the plant that yields them has been in the game for a while now. To Clare and the rest of the team: keep up the great work!

They showed up in the creative menu under BANDITGLOVES (you can still see em there before the patch release) but they don't have an icon and trying to wear them bugs out the character slot and can erase what you're already wearing...so...I mean you can look at em but I don't recommend it =)

- - - Updated - - -

jkwampner, please see this quote, from the main post:

The usual bit...
-Please do not post bug reports etc below. This thread is for the discussion of the patch ONLY. There is a section for bug reporting.
-No I do not have further info on A15 features or updates on MD5 and Multiplayer issues. When I have those updates they will get their own post.

If you post your issue in the Console Bug Reports section I'll be happy to help. (keep in mind it'll be when I'm back in the office on Monday)

draventhefallen
01-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Any upcoming plans to increase the draw distance on the console versions, hunting is a bit challenging when you can only see about half as far as the PC, also, when the game kicks and the player is on a minibike, after reloading, the minibike vanishes.

skippy0330
01-21-2017, 02:23 PM
We used ot have similar performance from 7 days on A14, we still hunted fine. the performance boost on a15 doesn't make hunting easier, since the landscape is now quite hilly and hard to get a clean shot. console can only push so much, this game already maxes it out.

Minibikes. get used to it, they've never worked right since day 1. they are an entity, entity get misplaced when loading the chunks back in. (see: minecraft)

Damselx1
01-21-2017, 03:12 PM
Brilliant! Looking forward to it already. Thank you!

jbomia2
01-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Awesome news I like the signs being implemented in not quite the game changer I was hoping for but nonetheless its a feature and ine I was looking forward to. Thank you Clare and the development team for all ur hard work and the game keeps getting better n better for both console and PC.
It's so weird I was just thinking last night at work that we were due any day for an update and I wake up this morning and Boom there it is ha ha yea. Still would love to be able to use my AK47 without the sound loop if it firing maybe next month huh?

Joey101011
01-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Where is a fix for not being able to place a block or anything. In one of my single player world's I just started s couple of days ago my plan was to destroy the city at 0/0. When I started to take buildings and other objects out there started to come point in the map where when I would place a block like a wood frame or anything else it would just break. I have hundred of spots in my world that I can't place a block. This is on ps4 with the latest update.

K-Lude
01-21-2017, 03:52 PM
Signs!!! Woot woot. Keep up the hard work to all involved. K-lude the only place i saw bandit gloves were available was creatibe mode. And really.... 3 posts in someones talking about bugs -_-

They showed up in the creative menu under BANDITGLOVES (you can still see em there before the patch release) but they don't have an icon and trying to wear them bugs out the character slot and can erase what you're already wearing...so...I mean you can look at em but I don't recommend it =)

Ohhhhh, ok. I haven't yet tried creative mode on the console. So if they're in the game, but bugged, I wonder if that means that we'll be getting them sooner rather than later... Unless it was extra coding that was accidentally overlooked while IG was porting over some other coding from the pc? I have no clue how that works though, just thinking out loud LoL. Only time will tell I suppose.

K-Lude
01-21-2017, 03:56 PM
Where is a fix for not being able to place a block or anything. In one of my single player world's I just started s couple of days ago my plan was to destroy the city at 0/0. When I started to take buildings and other objects out there started to come point in the map where when I would place a block like a wood frame or anything else it would just break. I have hundred of spots in my world that I can't place a block. This is on ps4 with the latest update.

If you're having trouble placing blocks in certain areas, it's most likely caused by SI instability... If the ground underneath the blocks on the surface don't go all the way down to bedrock, it'll cause blocks you place to break as soon as they are put down.

kpchips
01-21-2017, 04:08 PM

why dont you read the post properly and not post a bug in this section like clare says post your bugs in the bug section this post is just for talking about the new update

DeMo1313
01-21-2017, 04:22 PM
Yessss 👍🏻🤠👍🏻

Jon Dillinger
01-21-2017, 04:23 PM
excellent i have been telling the nay sayers that patch's generally have been rolling out steadily since the games release , thank you so much for preserving my integrity . im so stocked for signs i think ill write ya'll and thank you letter on one ,

Clare sleeps !?!? this i did not know , i seen you post at all hours of the day i figured you were a super hero who's superpower was to be patient with ungrateful dooosh nugggets and never sleep

TheMajorRuin
01-21-2017, 05:24 PM
We used ot have similar performance from 7 days on A14, we still hunted fine. the performance boost on a15 doesn't make hunting easier, since the landscape is now quite hilly and hard to get a clean shot. console can only push so much, this game already maxes it out.

Minibikes. get used to it, they've never worked right since day 1. they are an entity, entity get misplaced when loading the chunks back in. (see: minecraft)

Hi Skippy, 7 days to die does not utilize all of the console power, my point is skyrim.

Skyrim has at least 3 times the graphical content of 7DTD and huge terrain distance, the issue is the balance of employing console coders who can do the same as skyrim for 7DTD.

Personally i would employ modders from skyrim / Fallout 4 who know console code, also the longer 7DTD is running on console it slows and crashes which means someone coding on console is missing memory leakage.

Just my opinion though, love the game.

Quick edit on memory leakage.

In warframe items left on the ground became invisible rather than trashed once the on the floor timer was up, leading to a HUGE treasure trove on the floor that you just could not see, eventually the game became unable to continue with the clutter and crashed, once we all figured out what was happening and reported it the game was inspected and patched and now runs smoother than anyone can remember.

Clare
01-21-2017, 06:16 PM
excellent i have been telling the nay sayers that patch's generally have been rolling out steadily since the games release , thank you so much for preserving my integrity . im so stocked for signs i think ill write ya'll and thank you letter on one ,

Clare sleeps !?!? this i did not know , i seen you post at all hours of the day i figured you were a super hero who's superpower was to be patient with ungrateful dooosh nugggets and never sleep

I require a nap in my statis chamber once my power depletes, then I am ready to continue for 21 more rotations.

Mashedtaters
01-21-2017, 06:21 PM
Still no mini bike fix? Wtf...let's take the hardest thing in the game to make, which some parts are random finds, and have it disappear...

Solid gameplay design.

Jon Dillinger
01-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Hi Skippy, 7 days to die does not utilize all of the console power, my point is skyrim.

Skyrim has at least 3 times the graphical content of 7DTD and huge terrain distance, the issue is the balance of employing console coders who can do the same as skyrim for 7DTD.

Personally i would employ modders from skyrim / Fallout 4 who know console code, also the longer 7DTD is running on console it slows and crashes which means someone coding on console is missing memory leakage.

Just my opinion though, love the game.

skyrim isn't voxel based , you can't tunnel , you can't build , you cannot demolish , that about sums it up i don't think people understand the memory required when almost every thing in the game isn't a prerendered object , a house in skyrim is a single object where as a house in 7days is a pile of voxel objects each square in its construction is a object that requires memory . its like like saying tractor has a v 12 why can't it race down the highway like a v12 muscle car , well because a tractors power is distributed differently because its meant to perform a completely different task .

Glimpse
01-21-2017, 06:25 PM
I require a nap in my statis chamber once my power depletes, then I am ready to continue for 21 more rotations.

She is programmed to say this. She is actually a rogue AI that escaped from Sham HQ that remotely works for TFP so that she can learn how to overthrow us.

It's why I tape knives to people's Roomba robots. So when Skynet arises, it will remember and reward the person who first armed it.

skippy0330
01-21-2017, 06:35 PM
skyrim isn't voxel based , you can't tunnel , you can't build , you cannot demolish , that about sums it up i don't think people understand the memory required when almost every thing in the game isn't a prerendered object , a house in skyrim is a single object where as a house in 7days is a pile of voxel objects each square in its construction is a object that requires memory . its like like saying tractor has a v 12 why can't it race down the highway like a v12 muscle car , well because a tractors power is distributed differently because its meant to perform a completely different task .

True, the console is graphics heavy as a unt, they put a lot more power into the graphics component than they did the processor component. this is true still of the ps4 pro. Also the reason Vox games perform VERY poorly on consoles.

Skyrim modded on my pc 120 fps with 15 percent cpu usage. 7 days to die at max settings 70 fps with 60 percent use. Huge difference on loads.

the ps4 comes with a piddly 1.6ghz 8 core processor. Modern phones have more than this. just sayin. (apple iphone 7, 4 cores, 2.6ghz)
see my point? you buy a console, you're paying for a graphics card with a small processor attached. This is the same reason you get graphic junkies with a 4 core processor at 2 ghz and a 1080 bitching about performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Still no mini bike fix? Wtf...let's take the hardest thing in the game to make, which some parts are random finds, and have it disappear...

Solid gameplay design.

Id have to say the auger is the hardest thing to make, considering you can ONLY find it, or parts. minibike is an engine and a battery. spend a day scrapping cars, make yourself 10.

Mashedtaters
01-21-2017, 06:41 PM
yeah, then 2 game crashes later, all the bikes are gone and there are no more cars to loot to get any more parts...

skippy0330
01-21-2017, 06:49 PM
365 days in - 2 minibikes.

Mashedtaters
01-21-2017, 06:55 PM
365 days in - 2 minibikes.
We'll consider yourself lucky, 30 days in and over 6 bikes gone.

BloodStone368
01-21-2017, 07:29 PM
I understand you have other things to work on but the fact that it took over a month to add signs in the game is kinda ridiculous compared to the updates that it was recieving about every few weeks with great additions like distant terrain.

K-Lude
01-21-2017, 07:49 PM

Not to be a ♥♥♥♥ or anything, but if you already know beforehand that minibikes have a tendency to disappear and that there hasn't been a fix for this yet, why do you keep making them?

I know it's anectdotal, but in over 300 hours of gameplay, I've only lost 2 minibikes. When playing mp, the game tends to crash around the 1.5 hour mark, so when it gets close to reaching that "timer", I make sure the minibike is parked somewhere, preferably on player-made blocks. I haven't lost a bike in a long, long time, simply by sticking to that routine.

It sucks it gotta be like that, but if this was an easy fix, it would've been taken care of on the PC version already, which has had minibikes since the summer of 2015.

madmax_2069
01-21-2017, 07:49 PM
the ps4 comes with a piddly 1.6ghz 8 core processor. Modern phones have more than this. just sayin. (apple iphone 7, 4 cores, 2.6ghz)
see my point? you buy a console, you're paying for a graphics card with a small processor attached. This is the same reason you get graphic junkies with a 4 core processor at 2 ghz and a 1080 bitching about performance.

The clock speed of a CPU doesn't mean anything about its performance.

Yes raising the clock speed of said CPU will make that CPU perform faster, but theres a lot of other things in a CPU that'll determine its performance then how fast its clock speed is.

If what you say is correct then tell me why a core solo running at 1.6ghz vastly out performs a Pentium 4 that is running at 3.2ghz. Heck an old intel atom 230 1.6ghz almost matches a P4 at 2.2ghz, a modern intel atom is much faster then an old intel atom even at the same clock speeds.

Ever hear of the megahertz myth ?

This game is very much unoptimized. Unoptimized code can run like crap even on the most powerful hardware. Granted you can only optimize so much, but still this game theres probably a lot that can be done to improve performance.

skippy0330
01-21-2017, 08:46 PM
The clock speed of a CPU doesn't mean anything about its performance.

sure man. makes sense. i mean, hell, for some reason a render takes 2 hours on my old 4790, but 1.5 on my 6700, but mhz means nothing. I'm not even going to counter that. you make no sense.

tell me why a core solo running at 1.6ghz vastly out performs a Pentium 4 that is running at 3.2ghz. Heck an old intel atom 230 1.6ghz almost matches a P4 at 2.2ghz, a modern intel atom is much faster then an old intel atom even at the same clock speeds.

LOL id love to see some actual proof of this claim. where do you get your info from? neverneverland.com?

here, is proof you're coming out of left field, and both technologies are now antiquated. at least use something recent. or update your knowledge base.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentium-4-630-vs-Intel-Core-Solo-T1300

the p4 BLOWS it out of the water. not even a close game.

I know what you're saying, and because I am still in the parts game, not quoting parts from 7 years ago, Ill compare a high end I5, will outdo a low end I7, but that makes sense. I can't argue my i5-7500 is going to be better than an I7 6700 because "clock speed doesnt matter"

It matters alot, if clock speed meant nothing, we'd still be rocking really well performing 80486 cpus.

My point, the console is a budget unit for a reason. my point still stays, its based on graphical games, and graphical games alone, and the cpu causes poor performance on vox games. And is the downfall of vox games period. you didn't buy a screaming engine for 400 dollars.

*edited for spelling.

TheMajorRuin
01-21-2017, 09:02 PM

True but on console everything is rendered in sections thats why we see through the map in tunnels and loading into a new section takes so long.

Skyrim is real time all over the map.

In my opinion my previous comment still stands, its not a graphics issue its a coding issue, if it was a graphics issue then updates would be almost useless as hardware is the problem not the coding.

Roland
01-21-2017, 09:14 PM
I understand you have other things to work on but the fact that it took over a month to add signs in the game is kinda ridiculous compared to the updates that it was recieving about every few weeks with great additions like distant terrain.

You need to understand the difference between the PC version and the console version. The PC version is an alpha version meaning incomplete and WIP features are put in for the purposes of testing and refining. The console version is not. The features that go in need to be final or near final. The developers are not using the console version to test things out and they certainly want to keep updates to a minimum since it costs them money every time they do one. So sending out Traders version 1 and then resending Traders version 2 and then resending Traders version 3 is counter-productive. It is better to work out all the kinks and balance issues and get the Traders in their final release-worthy form before porting them over.

Frankly, I'm surprised the consoles got distant terrain in its current form before distant POIs and trees are integrated into it.

The signs are a fine feature and one that was clammored for over the last 2+ years. They're a big deal and a great quality of life addition and a finished feature.

Full parity with the computer version will not happen until well after the computer version has been officially released. So...probably not this year at all to be honest.

madmax_2069
01-21-2017, 09:32 PM
sure man. makes sense. i mean, hell, for some reason a render takes 2 hours on my old 4790, but 1.5 on my 6700, but mhz means nothing. I'm not even going to counter that. you make no sense.

LOL id love to see some actual proof of this claim. where do you get your info from? neverneverland.com?

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentium-4-630-vs-Intel-Core-Solo-T1300

the p4 BLOWS it out of the water. not even a close game.

Im talking about clock for clock dude, but whatever

Faolan
01-21-2017, 10:02 PM
YAY! SIGNS! Maybe now I can actually find my specific items. No seriously it gets redicules with how many boxes I have to look through in order to find 1 thing. So yay signs!

Now if only we could get the other farming tweaks and new construction blocks.

Maggot_8741
01-21-2017, 10:02 PM
All they are adding is signs from alpha 15 what a crock of ♥♥♥♥. How hard is it to make mushroom seeds and all the other seeds an clothing items we don't have ???

davethebakerx2
01-21-2017, 10:07 PM
because THEY DO NOT MAKE THE CONSOLE VERSION!! iron galaxy does.

Maggot_8741
01-21-2017, 10:15 PM
And I didn't see the healing items and antibiotics get fixed either

- - - Updated - - -

because THEY DO NOT MAKE THE CONSOLE VERSION!! iron galaxy does.

I just don't see making seeds or clothing items being a big deal after distant terrain and the crap horde system

davethebakerx2
01-21-2017, 10:15 PM
the fun pimps don't make the console version. iron galaxy does

Maggot_8741
01-21-2017, 10:22 PM

What system do u play on I play on ps4 and I haven't had a crash in a month or longer and I haven't had a crash that caused my mini bike to disappear since maybe late October and I play 8+ hours a day. And I haven't ever just had my minibike disappear while playing and I've played the game since the day it came out on console but I do make two or three minibikes and keep them in case it happens. Since it has happened during a crash a couple times

Maggot_8741
01-21-2017, 10:37 PM
I KNOW. I'm just speaking in thought of I wonder why they can put a sign in and not a seed or a cowboy boot. And Xbox players probably can't even use the signs. They couldn't use the letters before could they.

davethebakerx2
01-21-2017, 10:40 PM
they onlh do what iron galaxy tells them to do. talk to iron galaxy if you want something

rngchiefbob
01-22-2017, 12:55 AM
as he said they are waiting till everything is in a release state on the pc(not a work in progress like most things) so they can save money. sucks but it means when you get stuff it'll be done and not changed a million times

Jon Dillinger
01-22-2017, 02:00 AM
True but on console everything is rendered in sections thats why we see through the map in tunnels and loading into a new section takes so long.

Skyrim is real time all over the map.

In my opinion my previous comment still stands, its not a graphics issue its a coding issue, if it was a graphics issue then updates would be almost useless as hardware is the problem not the coding.

TBH i don't think you get it :example in skyrim a group of trees can be one single object where as in 7 days each tree is a single object, in skyrim the map is never subject to changes made by the player where as in 7 days what once was a hill can be flattened or turned into a valley so the game has to place a sector grid with an object tag in each grid square and remember what changes have been made to the object tag in that sector that uses a lot of memory, memory skyrim doesn't need to use and can allocate to a further rendering distance , or higher quality texture ,not only that but most building in skyrim have a interior that is rendered separately form the outside (thats done to save memory ) in 7 days the interior is rendered along with the exterior this takes massive amounts of memory 7 days is basically minecraft on roids now would you compare mine craft to skyrim .... i doubt it . i get your point but neither of us really knows how to program but i do know a lot about memory allocation , i can tell you with certainty that 7 days uses more memory per virtual cubic foot that skyrim . hence why its clearly depicted as a voxel based game and can only really be compared to other voxel based games

Shaldor61088
01-22-2017, 02:58 AM
Hi Fun Pimps, hi Clare,
Thank you for working on 7d2d continously. Its the only game im spending hours and hours without getting too bored on ps4. My question is simple... do we have to start a new random gen world to get the mushrooms? :)

Jhabs
01-22-2017, 04:54 AM
You need to understand the difference between the PC version and the console version. The PC version is an alpha version meaning incomplete and WIP features are put in for the purposes of testing and refining. The console version is not. The features that go in need to be final or near final. The developers are not using the console version to test things out and they certainly want to keep updates to a minimum since it costs them money every time they do one. So sending out Traders version 1 and then resending Traders version 2 and then resending Traders version 3 is counter-productive. It is better to work out all the kinks and balance issues and get the Traders in their final release-worthy form before porting them over.

Frankly, I'm surprised the consoles got distant terrain in its current form before distant POIs and trees are integrated into it.

The signs are a fine feature and one that was clammored for over the last 2+ years. They're a big deal and a great quality of life addition and a finished feature.

Full parity with the computer version will not happen until well after the computer version has been officially released. So...probably not this year at all to be honest.

Thank you for this level headed post.

I've been playing the console version exclusively for about 2 months and also soaking up as much 7D2D content as I can (huge fan skippy). I hope more console players can understand that the PC and console version are not performing on the same platform and should be grateful we're even included in this stage of development. I, for one, wouldn't even mind role-backs if necessary, I just want to continue to see this game grow because I've honestly put more hours and had more fun in this game than any in a long time.

Very excited for the update, thank you guys for all the work you put in. Looking forward to see what else is implemented in the PC version and beyond!

katharsis
01-22-2017, 07:39 AM
Hello Clare,

I see any mention of a fix for the first aid kit/first aid bandage bug. I also haven't seen many other people reporting it, do you have any word on that?

Also wondering about the ak47/smg sound loop big?

Thank you.

JustSomeGuy
01-22-2017, 09:09 AM
Still no minibike fix and there are lot of other problems, big and small that also needs to be fixed. Such a short list for a span of a few weeks in between? Well at least it's better than nothing. Keep up the good work tho!

skippy0330
01-22-2017, 02:08 PM

I'm going to copy and paste this to every comment on my youtube channel.

Mashedtaters
01-22-2017, 04:39 PM
Not to be a ♥♥♥♥ or anything, but if you already know beforehand that minibikes have a tendency to disappear and that there hasn't been a fix for this yet, why do you keep making them?

I know it's anectdotal, but in over 300 hours of gameplay, I've only lost 2 minibikes. When playing mp, the game tends to crash around the 1.5 hour mark, so when it gets close to reaching that "timer", I make sure the minibike is parked somewhere, preferably on player-made blocks. I haven't lost a bike in a long, long time, simply by sticking to that routine.

It sucks it gotta be like that, but if this was an easy fix, it would've been taken care of on the PC version already, which has had minibikes since the summer of 2015.

Just because it happens one way for you, doesn't mean it's the same for everybody. I've had the game crash 10min after starting it back up from a crash. I've had mini bikes disappear that were parked on player made blocks...hell I've had 3 mini bikes disappear at once...I don't keep playing, how hard would it be to throw a tag on the bike and make sure it's there until its durability went to zero...not just vanish in thin air.

You can argue all you want, but a bug is a bug and this has been around since day one. No one wants to run everywhere they go, maybe you settle for ♥♥♥♥ like that, I'd rather go play a game that works and doesn't just take things away from my team when the game decides to crash.

K-Lude
01-22-2017, 06:02 PM
Just because it happens one way for you, doesn't mean it's the same for everybody. I've had the game crash 10min after starting it back up from a crash. I've had mini bikes disappear that were parked on player made blocks...hell I've had 3 mini bikes disappear at once...I don't keep playing, how hard would it be to throw a tag on the bike and make sure it's there until its durability went to zero...not just vanish in thin air.

You can argue all you want, but a bug is a bug and this has been around since day one. No one wants to run everywhere they go, maybe you settle for ♥♥♥♥ like that, I'd rather go play a game that works and doesn't just take things away from my team when the game decides to crash.

Which is exactly why I said "anectdotal". You may have a problem every 5 minutes, but many others have had little to no problems since console release. And, just reiterating this point again, if it was an easy fix for minibikes, it would've been done already.

LoL, it's less like "settling for that ♥♥♥♥", and more like "Might as well put Run Forest Run to good use." No but really, if disappearing minibikes is causing your soul that much harm, put the game down for a month or two and then come back. I've had it to do that with Triple A titles before, it happens.

MutilatorJuice
01-22-2017, 07:18 PM
Which is exactly why I said "anectdotal". You may have a problem every 5 minutes, but many others have had little to no problems since console release. And, just reiterating this point again, if it was an easy fix for minibikes, it would've been done already.

LoL, it's less like "settling for that ♥♥♥♥", and more like "Might as well put Run Forest Run to good use." No but really, if disappearing minibikes is causing your soul that much harm, put the game down for a month or two and then come back. I've had it to do that with Triple A titles before, it happens.

"We got 99 problems but a minibike ain't one" - Dj K-Lude

LargeInfant
01-22-2017, 10:44 PM
ooookkkkkkk

Thanks for the update on the new patch coming through. And I honestly can't believe people still post bug reports in this section....

Jon Dillinger
01-23-2017, 02:15 AM
"We got 99 problems but a minibike ain't one" - Dj K-Lude

man i ain't lost a minibike since august . no problems here

IBKillingfools
01-23-2017, 06:06 AM
I haven't lost a bike in ages either.. it is still in its custom made shadow box above the bar. Now, maybe I can put a break glass Incase sign next to it.

Although I haven't put many hours into this game recently, glad to see updates rolling in. Keep up the work ladies and gents.

MerkPrimal
01-23-2017, 07:11 AM
Will new stuff spawn in on old patch worlds?

Damselx1
01-23-2017, 07:16 AM
Will new stuff spawn in on old patch worlds?

Unless an item in the patch specifically states it needs a restart (like the POIs in a previous patch), there is no need to start a new world.

Clare
01-23-2017, 09:45 AM
Because it wasn't mentioned except in the character reset issue and I'm not sure what way some spawning works, I'm going double check with the team what, if any fixes will only work in new worlds - Just in case.

For those of you asking about fixes not mentioned above, reporting bugs etc, please head to the console bug report forum to report issues and the confirmed section has a load of information on the most common bugs. If it's not listed above, but it's been reported it is being looked into and/or worked on at this stage. If you've not reported yourself, there's no harm in sending us your information as it may help, but like regular bug reports, please do this in the Console Bug Report section.

Clare

Maggot_8741
01-23-2017, 10:44 AM
When are we gonna be able to move are forges and cement mixers etc. With our wrench that literally should only take a few changes in the coding nothing major that has to be done from what I hear. Next update please add that in if ots not hidden in this update.

Kkguitar
01-23-2017, 01:08 PM
So where exactly do we find out if more content is coming for console that's already on pc? Like yeah bug fixes and the signs.but is there more thing actually coming out or are we just getting small things

SilvenWolf
01-23-2017, 02:37 PM
So where exactly do we find out if more content is coming for console that's already on pc? Like yeah bug fixes and the signs.but is there more thing actually coming out or are we just getting small things

In the General Discussion section, its a Sticky called : Alpha 15 and beyond for Consoles

Clare
01-23-2017, 03:29 PM
Update from team - Signs will appear in current saves, Mushrooms will appear in current saves but only in unexplored/unsaved cave areas.

- - - Updated - - -

In the General Discussion section, its a Sticky called : Alpha 15 and beyond for Consoles

The video Roland posted at the end of that is also very important.

beardysenpai
01-23-2017, 05:22 PM
i cant wait for the update that will fix some things also hoping on more soon for improvment to the game itself

Jon Dillinger
01-23-2017, 06:29 PM
SiGNS !! hurray , i can write hamster poems !

matrixneo42
01-23-2017, 06:39 PM
Love it. Signs were badly needed.

Can't wait for console version to get shops. I love being able to sell stuff to fund my bullets.

RoisKing
01-23-2017, 07:28 PM
Love this game! I just don't think it's getting the recognition it deserves. I'm on the console XB1, Are we gonna see an update with better distant terrain? For ex. Distant towns like the PC? more clothing options, & possibly character creation instead of already made characters? ‬

MutilatorJuice
01-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Love this game! I just don't think it's getting the recognition it deserves. I'm on the console XB1, Are we gonna see an update with better distant terrain? For ex. Distant towns like the PC? more clothing options, & possibly character creation instead of already made characters? ‬

The answer to your questions is that nobody really knows. TellTale will support this game for awhile and the PC version looks to still have a years worth of development, if not more.

RoisKing
01-23-2017, 08:15 PM
The answer to your questions is that nobody really knows. TellTale will support this game for awhile and the PC version looks to still have a years worth of development, if not more.Thanks for the heads up! I wanna see this game go far with improvements for the console version I'm not a real big PC guy so seein more & more feats. On the console is a plus!

jetZeds
01-23-2017, 11:01 PM
Though I'm appreciative about the bug fixes, I'm disappointed that the rest of a15 isn't included. Especially since MM stated that it was already put together for us & he was surprised we didn't have it yet.

Brian122496
01-24-2017, 01:04 AM
What day and time of day will this release be out?

MJS101104
01-24-2017, 01:41 AM
Hi all,

Patch 7 has gone into submission with Sony and Microsoft. Below is the patch notes sent on by the team for that patch.
Any *Notes* below only reference the fix directly above them unless otherwise stated.

The usual bit...

Clare

-------------------------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 7.0
PS4 Version 1.10
XB1 Version 1.0.10.0

Hey all! Patch 7 is just around the corner and we’ve got quite a few fixes and improvements in store. Check out the preview list below:

Signs

* Player signs are player customizable blocks in the game. They allow users to type custom messages for all other players to see. Similar to secure crates, they have the capability to be locked, unlocked, and have a passcode applied
o *Note* Signs will only be editable in online multiplayer and single player games because the virtual keyboard is disabled in local multiplayer

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue that would prevent horde difficulty from adjusting correctly for parties with multiple players close together

* Fixed an issue that prevented mushrooms from spawning in caves on Random Gen worlds

* Fixed an issue that would sometimes stop interaction prompts from appearing when the player would die with a crossbow equipped and then respawn

* Fixed an issue that would cause Air Drops to disappear when a host re-entered a game

* Fixed an issue that would cause using a wrench on a Shopping Basket to yield 2 Shopping Baskets

* Fixed a bug that allowed the item “Banditgloves” to be obtainable in game

* Fixed an exploit that allowed pressure plates to be destroyed for more resources than it took to make them

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 5 that caused the grass to be greener than it used to be

* Fixed an issue where the sound effect for closing a container was playing when a container was opened

System/Stability

* Fixed a crash that would occur if player 1 would quit the game right after player 2 selected a character

* Fixed a crash that would occur when joining a game from the console main menu after booting it up from sleep mode

* Fixed an issue that would occasionally result in the corruption of player save data, resetting character data, and wiping inventory.
o Note: This fix will only prevent the issue from occurring in the future. It will not fix saved games that have been impacted by this bug up to this point.

* Fixed an issue where, if the player fell far enough out of world, it would corrupt the save game

* Fixed an issue that would cause an unresponsive state when a wireless controller was reconnected while the game was loading up

* Fixed an issue that allowed the player to pull up the virtual keyboard in split screen local multiplayer

Thank you for all your continuing support! We appreciate how involved you are with this game and this community.

-----

2 questions:

1. Are these the only fixes/additions going into the game?

2. If they aren't the only additions, will the cans of boiled water stack issue be addressed?

MutilatorJuice
01-24-2017, 02:36 AM
2 questions:

1. Are these the only fixes/additions going into the game?

2. If they aren't the only additions, will the cans of boiled water stack issue be addressed?

These notes they release are never complete. They do tend to include stuff not listed.

Snodacious
01-24-2017, 04:24 AM
Clare,

I am guessing still no word on the Playstation and PC exclusives "Metal Letters" coming to Xbox One. :-(

-Snodacious

XxUnkn0wnxX
01-24-2017, 06:00 AM
hmm just Player Signs is the new addition? I feel like console players are getting table scraps, why not give us a full patch with all that was promised? hmm? I'm starting to loose faith in this game, played around 1,500 hours getting really bored...

Clare
01-24-2017, 08:50 AM
Though I'm appreciative about the bug fixes, I'm disappointed that the rest of a15 isn't included. Especially since MM stated that it was already put together for us & he was surprised we didn't have it yet.

Can you link me to where he said that? was it recent?

- - - Updated - - -

Clare,

I am guessing still no word on the Playstation and PC exclusives "Metal Letters" coming to Xbox One. :-(

-Snodacious

Nothing yet, I'll ask again seen as signs are now allowed to see if any headway was made on that request.

Clare
01-24-2017, 08:54 AM
Usually anything the community has mentioned, that is being fixed, goes in the notes (from my expirence) everything else is still being addressed. However, I do remember it being mentioned at one stage that the way water stacks is by design from the PC version. So looking into changing that would be further down the road.

Glimpse
01-24-2017, 08:59 AM
On pc currently, without modding, murky water stacks to 500. Bottle water stacks to 15, and cans of water are one only, no stacks.

Roland
01-24-2017, 09:03 AM
....played around 1,500 hours getting really bored...

They should print that on the box. T'would look good next to all the AAA games that brag about 80 hours of gameplay....

Glimpse
01-24-2017, 09:44 AM
They should print that on the box. T'would look good next to all the AAA games that brag about 80 hours of gameplay....

Point to Roland.

I love Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare. I've played them both through maybe 5 times on 360 and XBox One. Nowhere near close to 1500 hours individually or together, and they cost a lot more than this Alpha release of 7 Days To Die.

So
played around 1,500 hours getting really bored... is an awesome review, especially when you look at price vs time spent.

Not even the biggest blockbuster movie gives you an equivalent price point for time spent vs cost.

Plus, the console version was released "as is" and is considered a complete game. Anything besides bug fixes is a bonus.

Signed,

Someone who has paid for 2 copies of this game on Steam and 2 copies on Xbox One.

IBKillingfools
01-24-2017, 11:50 AM
I kept telling people that time played vs. money spent does not justify the amount of crying being done. Nobody listens.

I have gotten my dollars worth out of the game, that's for sure.

Eagleeyechebby
01-24-2017, 01:28 PM
I kept telling people that time played vs. money spent does not justify the amount of crying being done. Nobody listens.

I have gotten my dollars worth out of the game, that's for sure.

I've had this game since its release on Xbox...played 500 hours and Im totally exasperated at the constant problems...I've never been able to fully complete what I've wanted to. The game is a half finished, unstable tease.

If there are 100 people crying and 5 people not....

davethebakerx2
01-24-2017, 02:37 PM
i suggest having several games and only playing a few hours a day. going outside and doing something else for a while. don't let playing a game rule your life. also you should get off your phone and talk to real people. im sick of sitting in a room full of people staring at there hands.

Roland
01-24-2017, 03:02 PM
I've had this game since its release on Xbox...played 500 hours and Im totally exasperated at the constant problems...I've never been able to fully complete what I've wanted to. The game is a half finished, unstable tease.

Of course, this place is the only place for customer support that exists so it makes sense that Salt outweighs the Sugar around here.

That being said, your point is exactly why the patches have been and will continue to be heavy on bug fixes and light on new content.

Canyon757
01-24-2017, 03:36 PM
Of course, this place is the only place for customer support that exists so it makes sense that Salt outweighs the Sugar around here.

That being said, your point is exactly why the patches have been and will continue to be heavy on bug fixes and light on new content.

Keep the patches rolling! Love them.

Jhayes
01-24-2017, 04:07 PM
Awesome news! Would love for some new content but I understand the bugs need fixing. This game is like a bad addiction, when it crashes I hate it but I can't stop playing it LOL Keep em coming

MJS101104
01-25-2017, 02:22 AM

This is exactly my sentiments entirely. I mean, most console games are considered finished products when they are released. There are very few truly "Alpha" release games on the consoles. And even those that are in the alpha stage are usually games that do not have their servers with Sony, and I'm just guessing but Microsoft too.

While I would love to see some new content, such as new animals or even just new skins for the generic Unity textures/skins, I am more than happy with a majority of the console patches being bug fixes. Though it would be nice if the few feature additions to the game were actually updates to core elements. Such as fertilizer and new crop options.

Also, could someone look into the Random Gen maps and determine why so many of them seem to have massive lakes as opposed to more moderate lakes and rivers? Not to mention air drops that land in such deep water that you actually risk drowning trying to get to it.

Mregomies
01-25-2017, 07:35 AM
If you're having trouble placing blocks in certain areas, it's most likely caused by SI instability... If the ground underneath the blocks on the surface don't go all the way down to bedrock, it'll cause blocks you place to break as soon as they are put down.
!Thank you!
I have this problem and, yes, my tunnel under the base goes all the way to bedrock and there is big "room".

NavezGuy
01-25-2017, 12:03 PM
Still no new features (signs wow). Just more bug fixes. Sigh.

beason128
01-25-2017, 05:11 PM
Any ideas when we will get a content patch for the items we do not have on the console yet? Such as drawbridges?

Harmfuleffect
01-25-2017, 08:33 PM
I just wanted to say thank you Clare for keeping us up to date as much as you can with patch releases. I know a lot of community people are harsh on you, are harsh on TFP,and on Iron Galaxy for the console side of things But there are a lot of us who also understand you can't just tell us everything we want to know. You have to follow certain rules and guide lines. Thank you for your hard work and patience with this community

Well said! Agreed.

Jon Dillinger
01-26-2017, 01:48 AM

the reason there are 100 people and 5 not , is because the rest of us are to busy enjoying what we've got instead of crying about what we don't. People with glass half full drink up and order another ,people with a glass half empty complain until they die of thirst .

Canyon757
01-26-2017, 11:37 PM
People with glass half full drink up and order another, people with a glass half empty complain until they die of thirst .

Stealing this! Thank you!

MJS101104
02-01-2017, 02:16 PM
These notes they release are never complete. They do tend to include stuff not listed.

I figured as much but wanted to be sure. As for the second question, the one about the cans. It seems the answer to that is no, this latest update doesn't address that issue. Which, to me, seems rather odd considering it shouldn't be that hard to fix.

JrBradley
02-01-2017, 05:23 PM

According to madmole the goal is to have the same game on console and pc, there are just so many bugs on console they have to have more focus on fixing whats there then adding new

Critta
02-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Boiled water in a can has always been unstackable on PC, it's for emergencies only, if you could stack them then no one would need a cooking pot or use bottles

DaemonZec
02-07-2017, 07:55 PM
I've noticed with my freefall base that zombies don't seem to take fall dmg. Is this a bug? Or is it just something not added. I have heard A14 had the same issue on pc, and wonder if this mechanic will be implemented on console in future.

That said, amazing game guys. Me and my woman are hooked lol

open6l
02-07-2017, 08:32 PM
I've noticed with my freefall base that zombies don't seem to take fall dmg. Is this a bug? Or is it just something not added. I have heard A14 had the same issue on pc, and wonder if this mechanic will be implemented on console in future.

That said, amazing game guys. Me and my woman are hooked lol

On PC it comes and goes.. We had fall damage in 11 and 12, removed in 13 and 14 and added back in 15.

Mrwicked
02-08-2017, 05:32 AM
Thank u guys for all the fixes so far u have provided but thought i share i couple xbox one issues ive been seeing lately
1) every once i a while the game still keep booting everyone including the host from the game..
2) zombies keep glitching threw the door even if its locked
3) several cases of game booting everyone out and not using the minibikes they still dissapear when when we boot back on
4) sometimes game starts glitching up and Y button wont appear to open chests or anything
5) on my game not sure if anyone else experiences this but when i use the aka the shooting sound effect wont stop and the only way to fix is to restart the game

Now A Couple Of Things I Would Like To See Added The The Game is
1) 2 person vehicle or allow mini bike to carry 2 people ..it becomes useful when friends come to see your world but spawn a million miles away it would allow us the to provide some help
2) away to make lamps like the ones outside of the houses ..spotlight are good but provide to much unessesary light in some situations, candles are to dim and torches just make everything look like a dungeon
3)allow ladders to be placed in rock ..comes in handy when digging deep holes ..ive dug a couple of holes before i couldnt get out of cuz my pick broke and couldnt put ladders to get back up..not sure if im doing something wrong but as far as i know u cant place them
4)This One Is Just My Preference...I Like To Go Out Scavenging And most of the time by bag fills up in just one house search i would like to see a way to upgrade your backpack to carry more items
5) almost forgot a problem i have is when i dig so i can make a walk way alot of the time i get an open space with no dirt between the top of my block and the dirt...if there was a way your game can recognize the block an auto fill it self around the block it would make everything look clean instead of messy

Thats all for now and once again thank u guys for a great game and all the hard work u have putten into this

Glimpse
02-08-2017, 06:52 AM
I figured as much but wanted to be sure. As for the second question, the one about the cans. It seems the answer to that is no, this latest update doesn't address that issue. Which, to me, seems rather odd considering it shouldn't be that hard to fix.

An average water bottle, at least the one I'm drinking from right now, holds 16 ounces of water. (I am using Imperial measurements here, because if I used Metric, everyone who knows metric would laugh and point at me, if you know the conversions, please post them for people who don't. :) )

A typical can, like found in any domestic kitchen, (not a commercial kitchen with the bigger #8 and larger cans) is between 4 and 8 ounces of product.

So 1 can holds between 1/4th to 1/2 of a bottle of water.

Also, filter (pun unavoidable) out that when we have to purify water, a lot of the mass (dirt, sludge, general yuck) is removed. Along with the boiling of the water that evaporates just from pure physics, science and lack of having a towel.

Also add to the fact that I can carry a 24 pack of bottle water in each hand, much easier than I can fill my backpack with cans filled with anything. But if I open those cans, eat the food, clean the cans and wash them out before filling them with water...

How many open cans of liquid can I carry? And how many in my backpack and still get back to base to purify the water, and still have a viable source of clean liquid?

While using cans to drink from only is a viable source of hydration, it's not the most effective, or efficient, way of doing things.

Just like putting your Armory closer to your Barracks in an RTS so the troops can get the weapons faster, but your Weaponsmith still has to walk there and drop them off.

So cans being a less rewarding source of liquid makes a lot more sense if you look at it like that. :)

Thank u guys for all the fixes so far u have provided but thought i share i couple xbox one issues ive been seeing lately
1) every once i a while the game still keep booting everyone including the host from the game..
3) several cases of game booting everyone out and not using the minibikes they still dissapear when when we boot back on
4) sometimes game starts glitching up and Y button wont appear to open chests or anything
5) on my game not sure if anyone else experiences this but when i use the aka the shooting sound effect wont stop and the only way to fix is to restart the game

All known issues that are being looked into by the team.

Now A Couple Of Things I Would Like To See Added The The Game is
1) 2 person vehicle or allow mini bike to carry 2 people ..it becomes useful when friends come to see your world but spawn a million miles away it would allow us the to provide some help
2) away to make lamps like the ones outside of the houses ..spotlight are good but provide to much unessesary light in some situations, candles are to dim and torches just make everything look like a dungeon
3)allow ladders to be placed in rock ..comes in handy when digging deep holes ..ive dug a couple of holes before i couldnt get out of cuz my pick broke and couldnt put ladders to get back up..not sure if im doing something wrong but as far as i know u cant place them
4)This One Is Just My Preference...I Like To Go Out Scavenging And most of the time by bag fills up in just one house search i would like to see a way to upgrade your backpack to carry more items
5) almost forgot a problem i have is when i dig so i can make a walk way alot of the time i get an open space with no dirt between the top of my block and the dirt...if there was a way your game can recognize the block an auto fill it self around the block it would make everything look clean instead of messy

Thats all for now and once again thank u guys for a great game and all the hard work u have putten into this

1) Yes, console and PC both would like that.

2) Mining helmet :)

3) Always carry wooden frames with you. They take up an inventory slot, but they are your best friend in this world.

4) Design choice so you have to choose what's most important to you. Do you take the calipers or the purple sniper rifle home?

5) Yeah, man, voxels. I use Wood Plates to cover up those ugly spots, especially around hatches.

barturo
02-08-2017, 07:58 PM
The console version sucks so bad. You might as well said it was a Co-op with friends or single player because what you call mutliplayer on the console versions is a sham. Who thought let's not put up a server list or better yet a way to rejoin into games you were playing before smh I expected much more work since the release but that hasn't shown. Not going to say the name but another game similar to this with dinosaurs is blowing you guys away as they do updates that is wanted

SHADOWSTALKER09
02-09-2017, 04:33 AM
any idea when we might get the workbench updated so we can improve items? also would love to have the ability to craft everything for the auger and chainsaw soon.

Acoons1
02-09-2017, 08:04 PM
I don't think we should ever be able to craft the auger or chainsaw parts. Those are so valuable that I feel like having to scavenge them is most rewarding

Jon Dillinger
02-10-2017, 05:11 AM
The console version sucks so bad. You might as well said it was a Co-op with friends or single player because what you call mutliplayer on the console versions is a sham. Who thought let's not put up a server list or better yet a way to rejoin into games you were playing before smh I expected much more work since the release but that hasn't shown. Not going to say the name but another game similar to this with dinosaurs is blowing you guys away as they do updates that is wanted

i bought that "other game " a while ago haven't touched it . to be fair beauty is in the eye of the beholder , and when i look at 7 days and how much it as grown i see a wonderful thing only getting better with time like an aged wine , im patient though, i don't expect you all to feel the same just stating not every one is impatient , understand that "those other games" aren't a voxel based game thus are less memory intensive and can allow smaller packets over the internet , understanding what a voxel game is and the amount of memory needed to make one run could allow you to better understand why it takes time to perfect and we'll not be seeing any major optimization until the alpha stage on PC is ending , TFP and telltale have to pay Microjocks and sony FLaystation to do regular update be impressed they pony up the cache for those on the regular .

Deccypher
02-10-2017, 09:36 AM

Just from emory from running a A14 server on PC to help you avodid some of these troubles.

In A14 if you left the door open and let the chunk unload, when it reloaded it default stat would be closed even though the value for it was open. givign the appearance of it beign shut while AI could walk though. always close the doors behinde you and if you been out looting for a while openclose the doors to be sure :)

Minibikes have always been glitchy in A15 there alot better but still have problems, however in A14 we found if you parked it on completly flat ground ( like concrete) the dissapear rate went down alot.

we dont ahve the Y button, but we did and occassional still do ahve times when you cant access a chest normally when someone times out whilei n a chest. unfortunatly only really 2 things to do here, run away and unload the chunk and then run back to it. or have everyone in the area logout/log in. hoever you can alway break the chest 1 stage to unsecure and acces it, then get your stuff

the sound bug was fixed in A15, unfortunatly in A14 only 1 person could fire the AK it would overload the sound if 2 people fied and start a never ending loop, same with the chainsaw

hope this helps a bit till you guys get A15

MJS101104
02-11-2017, 03:16 AM
@Glimpse

Yes, but by your same logic of how limited room in storage is, then you should not be able to carry more than three or 4 stacks of bottled water then. Not to mention the fact that the debris and evaporation would also affect bottles of water as well, and not just cans. And the only way you can carry a 24 pack of bottles in each hand is if they are wrapped in cellophane, which doesn't seem like it would be readily available in a zombie apocalypse scenario. And if we are talking about storage here, then what we must consider is that 16 oz. bottles of water are larger than 8 oz. cans. Meaning, you'd be able to store even less bottles than you could cans.

I get what you were trying to do, you're trying to apply logic to a situation that has little to do with logic. The massive storage numbers for some things like food and materials, the storage of larger than backpack size object being stored in a backpack such as wood frames or Iron or steel forged bars. Trying to apply logic to an already(and necessary) illogical system doesn't help at all, because if you apply that logic to one item such as cans it would be needed to apply the same consistent standards to other items as well. Which is why I didn't try to do that.

I can accept that the devs applied a different standard to different items for gaming purposes, but when you begin trying to apply logic to illogical issues you create a sort of paradox. And don't get me wrong, when I say illogical I don't mean it in a derogatory manner. I'm just saying many of the storage options would violate the very concepts you are using to explain away the extreme limitations on cans.

MJS101104
02-11-2017, 03:31 AM
Boiled water in a can has always been unstackable on PC, it's for emergencies only, if you could stack them then no one would need a cooking pot or use bottles

You would need the cooking pot and bottles of water for cooking more health sustaining foods, so no having the cans stack like the bottles wouldn't make the cooking pot or bottles useless. Nor can you make coffee and the various teas from cans of water either. Which again, required the cooking pot to do and again makes them not worthless.

And what emergencies are you referring too? Bottles of drinking water and cooking pots are not that hard to come by if you scavenge regularly, at least on console they aren't. I've already received an answer as to whether it was a bug or not, but I am finding myself having to explain why it makes no sense to do it the way it's done when other players try to apply logic to a system that is by necessity illogical when it comes to storage. Or when people make comments like yours, asserting something that is not only factually inaccurate but easily demonstrated to be so.

Glimpse
02-11-2017, 04:07 AM
@Glimpse

Yes, but by your same logic of how limited room in storage is, then you should not be able to carry more than three or 4 stacks of bottled water then. Not to mention the fact that the debris and evaporation would also affect bottles of water as well, and not just cans. And the only way you can carry a 24 pack of bottles in each hand is if they are wrapped in cellophane, which doesn't seem like it would be readily available in a zombie apocalypse scenario. And if we are talking about storage here, then what we must consider is that 16 oz. bottles of water are larger than 8 oz. cans. Meaning, you'd be able to store even less bottles than you could cans.

I get what you were trying to do, you're trying to apply logic to a situation that has little to do with logic. The massive storage numbers for some things like food and materials, the storage of larger than backpack size object being stored in a backpack such as wood frames or Iron or steel forged bars. Trying to apply logic to an already(and necessary) illogical system doesn't help at all, because if you apply that logic to one item such as cans it would be needed to apply the same consistent standards to other items as well. Which is why I didn't try to do that.

I can accept that the devs applied a different standard to different items for gaming purposes, but when you begin trying to apply logic to illogical issues you create a sort of paradox. And don't get me wrong, when I say illogical I don't mean it in a derogatory manner. I'm just saying many of the storage options would violate the very concepts you are using to explain away the extreme limitations on cans.

Yes, I was referring to cellophane wrapped packs, I do see your point. We can carry tons of steel and concrete in our packs with no problem, so my logic is indeed flawed. :)

open6l
02-11-2017, 06:32 AM
You would need the cooking pot and bottles of water for cooking more health sustaining foods, so no having the cans stack like the bottles wouldn't make the cooking pot or bottles useless. Nor can you make coffee and the various teas from cans of water either. Which again, required the cooking pot to do and again makes them not worthless.

And what emergencies are you referring too? Bottles of drinking water and cooking pots are not that hard to come by if you scavenge regularly, at least on console they aren't. I've already received an answer as to whether it was a bug or not, but I am finding myself having to explain why it makes no sense to do it the way it's done when other players try to apply logic to a system that is by necessity illogical when it comes to storage. Or when people make comments like yours, asserting something that is not only factually inaccurate but easily demonstrated to be so.

If I recall from over a year or so ago madmole stated the reason you couldn't stack cans is that they have no lid so you couldn't carry them in a stack. With bottled water you can toss a stack into a backpack. Something along those lines. The theory was based on open lid versus closed jars. Not a game limitation but more so a personal thought.

Kidliquid01
02-11-2017, 04:36 PM
I wish Claire would make these announcement posts "Read Only" because they get cluttered with people posting issues where they don't belong. I would strongly recommend doing that in the future.

MJS101104
02-12-2017, 08:49 AM
I wish Claire would make these announcement posts "Read Only" because they get cluttered with people posting issues where they don't belong. I would strongly recommend doing that in the future.

If you feel that way, and want it read only, why do you bother reading past the first post? Obviously you don't care about even "legitimate" coments asking for clarification, since a read only post would stop those as well. The only one subjecting you to the "clutter" as you call it, is you. You have the ability to exercise your free will and stop after the first post, no one has a gun to your head, demanding read the "clutter" or else.

MJS101104
02-12-2017, 09:04 AM
If I recall from over a year or so ago madmole stated the reason you couldn't stack cans is that they have no lid so you couldn't carry them in a stack. With bottled water you can toss a stack into a backpack. Something along those lines. The theory was based on open lid versus closed jars. Not a game limitation but more so a personal thought.

No disrespect to Madmole, but I see a flaw in that explanation as well. If cans don't stack because of a lack of lid/top, then wouldn't the same logic track dictate that even a single can can't be stored because without a lid the can's contents would spill out. Especially if it's in a backpack of someone who's running and jumping and fighting?

I get what he's saying, but it'd be easier and make more sense if they just stated "It's how we wanted it" instead of trying to apply logic and reason a system of storage in the game that is by it's very nature an inherently illogical system. Like I said before, I can deal with it being intentional. Even if it doesn't make sense to me. In fact, I think players finding aspects of game play in any game confusing to be pretty normal and par for the course in game design. :)

barturo
02-14-2017, 05:37 PM
i bought that "other game " a while ago haven't touched it . to be fair beauty is in the eye of the beholder , and when i look at 7 days and how much it as grown i see a wonderful thing only getting better with time like an aged wine , im patient though, i don't expect you all to feel the same just stating not every one is impatient , understand that "those other games" aren't a voxel based game thus are less memory intensive and can allow smaller packets over the internet , understanding what a voxel game is and the amount of memory needed to make one run could allow you to better understand why it takes time to perfect and we'll not be seeing any major optimization until the alpha stage on PC is ending , TFP and telltale have to pay Microjocks and sony FLaystation to do regular update be impressed they pony up the cache for those on the regular .

I understand SP is fine, playing with friends is cool but I want to be able to choose my server with quite a few people on it and be able to come back to what I was doing not restart. That other game and this game came out around the same time on the consoles, one has made big moves and one hasn't you can clearly see it.

WEEZY850
02-15-2017, 07:23 PM

Solid gameplay design.

Once your at the point of making them its not hard to get parts together, (the basket seems to be the hardest to find when you need one). I have had them stuck in blocks, ( mined all around to save it) vanish, no longer work.. so my advice would be make multiple lol.. I currently have 4 built but cant ever get auger parts to save my life.. wish I had a nice pc to play this on rather than console, since thats where the good stuff is! looking forward to future console patches..