PDA

View Full Version : RWG/Dedi Server/Coppis Mods/Spawning prefab POI into game

Spectral Force
01-23-2017, 02:24 PM
Question for all you prefabbers.

I'm running a dedicated linux server. I recently added Coppi's Mods which allows the spawning of prefabs. If I were to create my own prefab ala Hal's editor, load the files to the server, would the players have to download the prefab to see it in the game?

Thanks.

Guppycur
01-23-2017, 03:18 PM
If you Prender them, they will appear in game.

Spectral Force
01-23-2017, 03:22 PM
If you Prender them, they will appear in game.

So then no one would have to download the file?

Hmm, I am going to have to try this.

Guppycur
01-23-2017, 03:25 PM
Not if you import them.

They would only need the file if you bring them in through the mixer, and even then, the error only appears once.

When I start a new server seed, I go in first and import some key prefabs... Actually, I do it in an sp game, write the coordinates so I can trial and error it, then go into the same seed name server and import.

Spectral Force
01-23-2017, 03:39 PM
Ok, so what I'm going to do is make a test game for that purpose on my server.

So I would upload my prefab to the correct folder with its unique name, we'll say as Castle.

Then start up my new instance, log in etc.

I find a nice area I want to spawn my prefab in, then do:

/load prefab <Castle> at <x> <y> <z> face <0-3>

Is there any other command I have to run to accomplish bringing in prefab Castle?

Guppycur
01-23-2017, 05:47 PM
Well I believe the coppi command is prender not load, but yep, pretty much that.

The challenge is finding the right coordinates, which is why I do it in an sp game with the same seed... That way I can get it right.

You could use the pundo command as well, to "undo" the last insert.

xyth
02-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Not if you import them.

They would only need the file if you bring them in through the mixer, and even then, the error only appears once.

When I start a new server seed, I go in first and import some key prefabs... Actually, I do it in an sp game, write the coordinates so I can trial and error it, then go into the same seed name server and import.

It seems everytime I search for an answer, like the question asked by the OP, I find it in a GuppyPost....

Here's another one: When I Prender a building, like housebrick1, there is a blue box labeled loot in it. Whats that? It cant be opened but on destroy you can pick it up. In any event, should I just leave it there or destroy it? It's kind of immersion busting if left, unless those without admin level cant see it?

Guppycur
02-11-2017, 10:20 PM
I've only seen that when using the in game prefab editor that herph unlocked. They're placeholders I think for random loot spawning? I honestly don't know, but go into hals and remove them before import.

xyth
02-12-2017, 02:05 PM
Thanks. Made my day that I asked a question you didn't know the answer for. <grin>

Guppycur
02-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Well... Provide a screen and let's see.

Challenge accepted. ;)

(MM said what they were a video or two ago)

Spectral Force
02-14-2017, 07:57 PM
I've only seen that when using the in game prefab editor that herph unlocked. They're placeholders I think for random loot spawning? I honestly don't know, but go into hals and remove them before import.

What's the in game prefab editor? Does this allow you to mod the prefab tts file in the game?

Guppycur
02-14-2017, 08:05 PM
Sort of? Lemme look for the link.

Guppycur
02-14-2017, 08:08 PM
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47459-Unlocking-In-Game-Prefab-Editor-(Terrain-Tools)-dll-mod

Spectral Force
02-14-2017, 08:14 PM
Nice so I can do work on prefabs, import them, fix a few things and export them back out.

Guppycur
02-14-2017, 08:15 PM
I'm not 100% sure on the usage; I played with it a bit when first introduced, but I stick with hals.

Spectral Force
02-14-2017, 08:22 PM
With Hal's though I have to keep changing things like door rotation, respawning it in, checking it, unspawn if wrong and try again, and sometimes again and again. Using this with Ha'ls, I can spawn in, fix what I need to fix via in game and in theory save/export it.

Guppycur
02-14-2017, 08:24 PM
Once you get rotations memorized its2 easier.

I cheat. I place 4 doors, one in each direction, then copy/paste from those to where I want them.

Slaan
02-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Once you get rotations memorized its2 easier.

I cheat. I place 4 doors, one in each direction, then copy/paste from those to where I want them.

lol we do so many things the same, makes me think of what a 7 days pub quiz would be like as I still struggle to remember "question 1, rotation 9 places a pole block in what direction..."

Slaan
02-15-2017, 10:14 PM
With Hal's though I have to keep changing things like door rotation, respawning it in, checking it, unspawn if wrong and try again, and sometimes again and again. Using this with Ha'ls, I can spawn in, fix what I need to fix via in game and in theory save/export it.

The beauty of hals editor is once you have the first version of your prefab exported and saved as a .tts you can work from the editor and simply spawn in the prefab to see updates and save via the editor without having to extract anything else. Keep the game open and count rotations manually if your not sure or just do as guppy said and place multiples and delete the excess once you found the right one. I've still not gotten around to the world editor so that may improve the functionality even more.

On the first extract I like to decide how a prefab will be spawned too and get it into my mixer so as your build time improves and they increase drastically in size you can just restart a fresh game and check how the game deals with it too (this is a bit extreme now with world gen time for small buildings but for large projects is still something I do a few times to check). The bonus of this method is there's no need for hal's custom DLL's as the bbb commands are not needed and all changes are previewed on each fresh game and the editor itself becomes a stand alone tool that can be worked on while playing (again this is for large builds where you may want screenshots of each stage or can't have anti cheat turned off for the custom DLL.)

Squirrel
02-18-2017, 07:16 PM
It seems everytime I search for an answer, like the question asked by the OP, I find it in a GuppyPost....

Here's another one: When I Prender a building, like housebrick1, there is a blue box labeled loot in it. Whats that? It cant be opened but on destroy you can pick it up. In any event, should I just leave it there or destroy it? It's kind of immersion busting if left, unless those without admin level cant see it?

Just destroy them. they are supposed to generate random loot containers but they will only do so during the creation of the world when a prefab is loaded. so unless the prefab is set to generate naturally in the world during its creation; those boxes are useless.

Squirrel
02-18-2017, 07:35 PM
Is your server a paid host or a personal computer? im trying to run a dedicated server off my PC to test my prefabs before sending them over to my buddy to load on his public server that i make in hal's; but for some reason i cannot get coppi's to work.

Guppycur
02-18-2017, 09:20 PM
Coppis works on my local dedi box, what are the issues you're having?

Squirrel
02-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Coppis works on my local dedi box, what are the issues you're having?

command not recognized every single time lol. im wondering if there is a different spot i need to install the mod for the dedicated on my system or something.

Guppycur
02-19-2017, 02:37 PM
Mods folder in the dedi folder.