PDA

View Full Version : [01/24] Message from the Team - Patch 7 LIVE at 12pm PST Today!

Clare
01-24-2017, 05:26 PM
Hi all,

Speedy approval from MS and Sony means a speedy release for you guys. So the patch is going LIVE today at 12pm PST - That's around 8pm for my fellow GMT folks. Don't panic if you don't get it right away, it can take some time to actually show up once they hit all the right buttons. Also if it won't download etc, make sure your consoles are up to date, XB1 had a system update last patch that left a few people stuck.

In case you missed it, the patch notes are below.

- NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated
- do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.
- keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.
- please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.
EDITED IN: - I do NOT have further info on A15 features (check the sticky in General Discussion for all current info) or updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes, when I have those updates they will get their own post. Patch notes will usually include any fixes for bugs the community has mentioned, so if it's not in the notes, then it's likely still being worked on.

Thanks
Clare

-------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 7.0
PS4 Version 1.10
XB1 Version 1.0.10.0

Patch 7 for 7 Days to Die on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is now beginning to roll out. In case you missed it before, here’s a list of most (not all) of the stuff in Patch 7. Enjoy everyone!

Signs

* Player signs are player customizable blocks in the game. They allow users to type custom messages for all other players to see. Similar to secure crates, they have the capability to be locked, unlocked, and have a passcode applied
o *Note* Signs will only be editable in online multiplayer and single player games because the virtual keyboard is disabled in local multiplayer.
o Signs no NOT require a new save, they will appear in current games.

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue that would prevent horde difficulty from adjusting correctly for parties with multiple players close together

* Fixed an issue that prevented mushrooms from spawning in caves on Random Gen worlds
o NOTE: Mushrooms will spawn in any cave that is still undiscovered (in a greyed out part of the map) in current Random Gen saves.

* Fixed an issue that would sometimes stop interaction prompts from appearing when the player would die with a crossbow equipped and then respawn

* Fixed an issue that would cause Air Drops to disappear when a host re-entered a game

* Fixed an issue that would cause using a wrench on a Shopping Basket to yield 2 Shopping Baskets

* Fixed a bug that allowed the item “Banditgloves” to be obtainable in game

* Fixed an exploit that allowed pressure plates to be destroyed for more resources than it took to make them

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 5 that caused the grass to be greener than it used to be

* Fixed an issue where the sound effect for closing a container was playing when a container was opened

System/Stability

* Fixed a crash that would occur if player 1 would quit the game right after player 2 selected a character

* Fixed a crash that would occur when joining a game from the console main menu after booting it up from sleep mode

* Fixed an issue that would occasionally result in the corruption of player save data, resetting character data, and wiping inventory.

o Note: This fix will only prevent the issue from occurring in the future. It will not fix saved games that have been impacted by this bug up to this point.

* Fixed an issue where, if the player fell far enough out of world, it would corrupt the save game

* Fixed an issue that would cause an unresponsive state when a wireless controller was reconnected while the game was loading up

* Fixed an issue that allowed the player to pull up the virtual keyboard in split screen local multiplayer

We hope you enjoy Patch 7, everyone! Thank you, as always, for your help in making this game the best it can be!

Platypusmuerte
01-24-2017, 05:30 PM
Awesome, thanks Clare!

Clare
01-24-2017, 05:37 PM
No problemo platerino :loyal:

skippy0330
01-24-2017, 05:53 PM
even got a heads up and i still missed it! damn recording.

Clare
01-24-2017, 05:58 PM
even got a heads up and i still missed it! damn recording.

Sorry dude, I tried lol, sent a message once it was up but Platy was there in 4 mins!

Hoo Pharted
01-24-2017, 06:04 PM
Thanks for updating!! I have only been playing 7DTD for a couple months now. I was a previous GTA die hard player but I am completely hooked on 7DTD now. I can't wait for the next update.
Have a great day!!!!!

TheXeroxMimic
01-24-2017, 06:48 PM
Any idea when the console
will be getting the traders?

GotCrowkiller
01-24-2017, 06:51 PM
I was hard core GTA and have been playing this game since Nov and I'm hooked like it's crack man. Good to see I'm not the only one

beardysenpai
01-24-2017, 06:56 PM
good i cant wait

Mandrews89
01-24-2017, 07:18 PM
Hi Clare, no mention of the multiplayer issue here has there been any potential background fixes made that may resolve this issue or was that not the focus on this patch ?

GotCrowkiller
01-24-2017, 07:20 PM
* Fixed an issue that would occasionally result in the corruption of player save data, resetting character data, and wiping inventory.

Clare,
So does this mean we will no longer lose our inventory saved at our home base to include mini bikes?

SilentShadow
01-24-2017, 07:36 PM
Hi all,

Speedy approval from MS and Sony means a speedy release for you guys. So the patch is going LIVE today at 12pm PST - That's around 8pm for my fellow GMT folks. Don't panic if you don't get it right away, it can take some time to actually show up once they hit all the right buttons. Also if it won't download etc, make sure your consoles are up to date, XB1 had a system update last patch that left a few people stuck.

In case you missed it, the patch notes are below.

- NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated
- do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.
- keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.
- please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.

Thanks
Clare

-------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 7.0
PS4 Version 1.10
XB1 Version 1.0.10.0

Patch 7 for 7 Days to Die on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is now beginning to roll out. In case you missed it before, here’s a list of most (not all) of the stuff in Patch 7. Enjoy everyone!

Signs

* Player signs are player customizable blocks in the game. They allow users to type custom messages for all other players to see. Similar to secure crates, they have the capability to be locked, unlocked, and have a passcode applied
o *Note* Signs will only be editable in online multiplayer and single player games because the virtual keyboard is disabled in local multiplayer.
o Signs no NOT require a new save, they will appear in current games.

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue that would prevent horde difficulty from adjusting correctly for parties with multiple players close together

* Fixed an issue that prevented mushrooms from spawning in caves on Random Gen worlds
o NOTE: Mushrooms will spawn in any cave that is still undiscovered (in a greyed out part of the map) in current Random Gen saves.

* Fixed an issue that would sometimes stop interaction prompts from appearing when the player would die with a crossbow equipped and then respawn

* Fixed an issue that would cause Air Drops to disappear when a host re-entered a game

* Fixed an issue that would cause using a wrench on a Shopping Basket to yield 2 Shopping Baskets

* Fixed a bug that allowed the item “Banditgloves” to be obtainable in game

* Fixed an exploit that allowed pressure plates to be destroyed for more resources than it took to make them

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 5 that caused the grass to be greener than it used to be

* Fixed an issue where the sound effect for closing a container was playing when a container was opened

System/Stability

* Fixed a crash that would occur if player 1 would quit the game right after player 2 selected a character

* Fixed a crash that would occur when joining a game from the console main menu after booting it up from sleep mode

o Note: This fix will only prevent the issue from occurring in the future. It will not fix saved games that have been impacted by this bug up to this point.

* Fixed an issue where, if the player fell far enough out of world, it would corrupt the save game

* Fixed an issue that would cause an unresponsive state when a wireless controller was reconnected while the game was loading up

* Fixed an issue that allowed the player to pull up the virtual keyboard in split screen local multiplayer

We hope you enjoy Patch 7, everyone! Thank you, as always, for your help in making this game the best it can be!

Are you aware of the repeating gun sounds when shot?

Tsprake
01-24-2017, 08:01 PM
Hello! :)

I am extremely greatful to see these patch notes. But I do have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer.

Do you know if console will be receiving the same updates as the PC game? Because I'm a big fan of the PC version but my friends are console players so...... can we expect any of the following any time soon:
- Traders - raw iron - drawbridge - updated work bench - lights - mechanical, electrical parts and components - UMA zombies.

I do hope you can give me some answers.

Once again greatly appreciate the patch notes cause it feels like the console gets forgotten about and it's hard to talk to anyone.

There's videos all over YouTube about the Pc updates and new alphas but hardly anything about console :(

Thank you

:)

Mregomies
01-24-2017, 08:07 PM
Argh! 7 mins over and still no update!
22.11 and download starts! Live! Stream! Signs! Mushrooms!

Sinnerrevan
01-24-2017, 09:58 PM
Signs are a very nice thing to have now. Less time spent me asking my self " hmmm did i put it in this box? Or maybe that one? Or was it the one in the city?" I didn't realize that the vibrant green was and issue lol. I actually sorta liked it. but oh well great job guy keep up the good work

TheMajorRuin
01-24-2017, 10:24 PM
Awesome thankyou :)

GotCrowkiller
01-24-2017, 10:26 PM
I'm sitting here at work and all I can think about is this update. labels! Fixed glitches! No more lost inventory! I quit and I'm going home!

ScottEasykill
01-24-2017, 10:31 PM
I'm glitched on my friends server I can't put anything in my backpack and lost all my levels. Is there a way to delete just my character from his mp game? We ply on Xbox thanks

LargeInfant
01-25-2017, 12:03 AM
Great work guys. Loving this speedy turn around after the patch notes get announced!

Excaliber0108
01-25-2017, 01:06 AM
Thanks Clare great update keep up the hard work and we will keep on playing

Clare
01-25-2017, 11:04 AM
Forgot to add this bit in, editing it into original post now.

- I do NOT have further info on A15 features (check the sticky in General Discussion for all current info) or updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes, when I have those updates they will get their own post. Patch notes will usually include any fixes for bugs the community has mentioned, so if it's not in the notes, then it's likely still being worked on.

Clare
01-25-2017, 11:16 AM
Replying to the following because it was posted before my edit.

Any idea when the console
will be getting the traders?

No, please see the sticky "A15 for Consoles and Beyond" and the video contained in it for the explanation of the porting process.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Clare, no mention of the multiplayer issue here has there been any potential background fixes made that may resolve this issue or was that not the focus on this patch ?

This is all the information I have on this patch. If there was a multiplayer fix, because of the level of priority of the bug, I reckon it would be mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

Clare,
So does this mean we will no longer lose our inventory saved at our home base to include mini bikes?

This fix if to prevent this issue happening only: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?57136-Known-Issue-Player-Reset-Wipe-and-Bugged-Inventory

- - - Updated - - -

Are you aware of the repeating gun sounds when shot?

Yes - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?50170-Known-Issue-Looping-Audio

- - - Updated - - -

Hello! :)

I am extremely greatful to see these patch notes. But I do have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer.

Do you know if console will be receiving the same updates as the PC game? Because I'm a big fan of the PC version but my friends are console players so...... can we expect any of the following any time soon:
- Traders - raw iron - drawbridge - updated work bench - lights - mechanical, electrical parts and components - UMA zombies.

I do hope you can give me some answers.

Once again greatly appreciate the patch notes cause it feels like the console gets forgotten about and it's hard to talk to anyone.

There's videos all over YouTube about the Pc updates and new alphas but hardly anything about console :(

Thank you

:)

Please see the sticky in General Discussion called "A15 and beyond for console" and the video included in the last comment for the explanation of the porting process.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glitched on my friends server I can't put anything in my backpack and lost all my levels. Is there a way to delete just my character from his mp game? We ply on Xbox thanks

No unfortunately this is no possible, however I do believe they are considering this.

- - - Updated - - -

Too all the others who said thanks and in one case, quit their job =/
I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you or that part of your message if it was with a question. I wanted to answer the questions that were posted before the "don't ask me questions" edit - cause it would be unfair, but that you all for your support and I'm glad you like the patch =D

Faolan
01-25-2017, 12:07 PM
Hay maybe now il actually be able to find what im looking for in my sea of storage crates. No seriously. I have 15 crates stacked against a wall that hold nothing but specific items. It can be a royal pain to find the one thing I might be looking for. So signs will really help.

Hay Clair, Can you push for getting more blocks added to consoles? My creative side is feeling unloved.

BlueSnow
01-25-2017, 01:06 PM
I don't really need those signs because well i know what's in my storage chests, lol.

Ric Walker
01-25-2017, 04:11 PM
So i will test the new patch this night and see if i find new bugs!

Who wants to bet which gamebreaking bug this time will add to the game? XD

K-Lude
01-25-2017, 05:36 PM
Am I buggin or did they sneak the pc version of the infected-cop exploding-death in this patch? I used to be able to kill cops before they exploded in their Thriller-esque pose, but yesterday I came across two that struck that pose after only chasing me for a few meters and blew up damn near right away too. I'm not complaining though; it will make exploring the hub cities and horde nights a little more treacherous.

Canyon757
01-26-2017, 11:31 PM
Love the love this game receives! Keep up the good work peeps!

Roxorz
01-27-2017, 09:51 AM
Am I buggin or did they sneak the pc version of the infected-cop exploding-death in this patch? I used to be able to kill cops before they exploded in their Thriller-esque pose, but yesterday I came across two that struck that pose after only chasing me for a few meters and blew up damn near right away too. I'm not complaining though; it will make exploring the hub cities and horde nights a little more treacherous.

This has been around for a while.... They're vomit also explodes cars so don't use them as barf shields

Roxorz
01-27-2017, 09:55 AM
I dont really consider these bugs but on a new random gen world i noticed i now harvest 12 hide from a single deer? Also havent been able to locate clay, all the cotton/goldenrod patches seem to be growing on forest floor. Thanks!

maximus18677
01-27-2017, 01:54 PM
You must be kidding me!!!?! Another Update without fixing the Multiplayer Issue??? I will repeat it one more time, in case you didnt get it the first 6 times... Since Patch 2 my friends and I are not able to play together. Or with someone else in this World!!!
Fix that, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssseeeeeee!!!!!!!

Jon Dillinger
01-27-2017, 03:00 PM
You must be kidding me!!!?! Another Update without fixing the Multiplayer Issue??? I will repeat it one more time, in case you didnt get it the first 6 times... Since Patch 2 my friends and I are not able to play together. Or with someone else in this World!!!

in order to fix a bug the Devs have to be able to recreate it , now just think about what you just asked for and the total lack of details in your comment needed to recreate the bug , i understand it can be frustrating but if you really want it fixed perhaps giving the devs much needed details would help , details such as , what console are you playing on , what brand router do you use (perhaps even model number) , your ISP , what NAT type , Port settings , connection type (wifi or cable), even the name of your save file , every little detail helps maybe even get these details from your friends to whom you cannot connect and pass it along . and report this in the bugs section in the forum

a great number of us don't have this issue its rather isolated and it will remain that way until you guys start giving details , its like calling the fire department and saying "my house is on fire please put it out " with out giving them your home address or even the city or state you live in .

Gamerchick42092
01-27-2017, 09:25 PM
Hey Carol,
So I am loving the game so far but, I was wondering about the updates. I look on the PC updates and I see big leaps, growing mushrooms, red flowers, beer and, snow berries. All kinds of new contraptions from better workbenches to drawbridges, all in one update. As well as neumous bug fixes. And consoles get signs... We get mushrooms to spawn but, not the ability to farm them.. Not to at all sound ungrateful and, I know that Xbox is much more limited that pc but, when are we going to see lage progress on the console front? Are we going to get all these things at some point?

SilvenWolf
01-27-2017, 09:59 PM
Hey Carol,
So I am loving the game so far but, I was wondering about the updates. I look on the PC updates and I see big leaps, growing mushrooms, red flowers, beer and, snow berries. All kinds of new contraptions from better workbenches to drawbridges, all in one update. As well as neumous bug fixes. And consoles get signs... We get mushrooms to spawn but, not the ability to farm them.. Not to at all sound ungrateful and, I know that Xbox is much more limited that pc but, when are we going to see lage progress on the console front? Are we going to get all these things at some point?

You need to have a read of the "Alpha 15 and beyond for Consoles" in the General Discussion section

Gedeal
01-27-2017, 10:58 PM
in order to fix a bug the Devs have to be able to recreate it , now just think about what you just asked for and the total lack of details in your comment needed to recreate the bug , i understand it can be frustrating but if you really want it fixed perhaps giving the devs much needed details would help , details such as , what console are you playing on , what brand router do you use (perhaps even model number) , your ISP , what NAT type , Port settings , connection type (wifi or cable), even the name of your save file , every little detail helps maybe even get these details from your friends to whom you cannot connect and pass it along . and report this in the bugs section in the forum

a great number of us don't have this issue its rather isolated and it will remain that way until you guys start giving details , its like calling the fire department and saying "my house is on fire please put it out " with out giving them your home address or even the city or state you live in .

Now just think about what u answered.
All Information due this ''bug'' is given multiple times. It tooked month till this problem went to the confirmed section.
It's like calling the fire department and saying '' my blue house with the red roof on the opposite side of the street is burning'' and they are not able to extinguish the fire.

Jon Dillinger
01-28-2017, 02:18 AM
Now just think about what u answered.
All Information due this ''bug'' is given multiple times. It tooked month till this problem went to the confirmed section.
It's like calling the fire department and saying '' my blue house with the red roof on the opposite side of the street is burning'' and they are not able to extinguish the fire.

just scanned through the multiplayer issues in the confirmed bugs thread and found 2 posts with some details out of six pages if the issue is gonna get fixed every one reporting the problem needs to divulge more info if there is another thread that has more informative post please point towards until then prior statement stands

Charterbus
01-28-2017, 03:00 AM
The point of writing out massive comments to somebody and them turning out correct and you ignoring that like the game devs was what? You ass sniffing clairbears are the worst part of this game. Every update destroys people ♥♥♥♥ again and again unless we all pile together and find the exact forum on the exact random ass website? Thank god I stopped playing apparently today would have been the day my base got destroyed again :)

shadowolf420
01-28-2017, 03:44 AM
You need to have a read of the "Alpha 15 and beyond for Consoles" in the General Discussion section

You missed the most important part of that comment.....who is carol

davethebakerx2
01-28-2017, 04:15 AM
The point of writing out massive comments to somebody and them turning out correct and you ignoring that like the game devs was what? You ass sniffing clairbears are the worst part of this game. Every update destroys people ♥♥♥♥ again and again unless we all pile together and find the exact forum on the exact random ass website? Thank god I stopped playing apparently today would have been the day my base got destroyed again :)

*HUG*

maximus18677
01-28-2017, 08:09 AM

Hey Dillinger, its fantastic that you and a great number of Players can enjoy this fantastic Game together!
But are you reading all the comments of all the other Players who can not?

Believe me, we did write several bug reports... We were answering the questions of the survey as exactly as we could...
But now, after months waiting, im only pi...ed!

It's more likely calling the fire departement cause your house is on fire , and they are not even answering the phone...

Its not our mistake!? We just bought a game and wanted to play together.
No More, no Less!

Roxorz
01-28-2017, 12:51 PM

Hey Maximus i noticed you said "in this world".... one of the updates killed my friends day 300+ server and he had to start over for us to be able to get in. Have you tried starting a new file and having friends join it? Might be your save just isnt compatible anymore.

maximus18677
01-28-2017, 01:30 PM
Hey Maximus i noticed you said "in this world".... one of the updates killed my friends day 300+ server and he had to start over for us to be able to get in. Have you tried starting a new file and having friends join it? Might be your save just isnt compatible anymore.

Hey Roxorz, thank you for your Message.

Yes, we tried that. In any direction. Also newly installed the Game, deleted all the save files etc.

With "in this world" i meant that i can join nobodys session, and no one can join mine.

And everybody i know, has the same problem!

shrtwrec20
01-28-2017, 04:03 PM
Easy multiplayer fix, revert the game back to the original version. Worked fine before the first patch.

davethebakerx2
01-28-2017, 04:07 PM
im on the xbox and have 0 issues with multi player.

Jon Dillinger
01-28-2017, 04:40 PM
Hey Dillinger, its fantastic that you and a great number of Players can enjoy this fantastic Game together!
But are you reading all the comments of all the other Players who can not?

Believe me, we did write several bug reports... We were answering the questions of the survey as exactly as we could...
But now, after months waiting, im only pi...ed!

i see you answered a questionnaire but it lacked : your ISP : your router model, and brand , your NAT type and that of those who cannot connect and , port setting
It's more likely calling the fire departement cause your house is on fire , and they are not even answering the phone...

Its not our mistake!? We just bought a game and wanted to play together.
No More, no Less!

I saw the questionnaire and it lacks certain information i think is viable such as : your NAT type that of those who cannot connect to you, Your router model and brand , your ISP and connection type (wifi or wired) and speed , and possibly your port settings .

Sure its not your fault you bought the game and it doesn't work , but attitude is your doing and venting and being angry solves nothing do you think that if this bug was so easy to fix they'd of fixed it by now , but its no easy to fix give these guys a break insulting them and yelling ""FIX THE GAME "doesn't make the bug any easier to isolate and rectify . all im saying is y'all could be a little more civil

Loylesb
01-28-2017, 07:48 PM
I know the patch can make a save corrupt, but if the save continues to work are the new changes in effect? To crybabies: its an alpha.... when a full version comes out cry then.I have lost 500 hours between ark and elite dangerous. It hurts, but itll be okay. Thanks for the early access to what could be one of the GOAT.

Wolf_elmeira
01-29-2017, 12:43 AM
3/4 of them comments are off topic including mine😆

Jariat
01-29-2017, 01:04 AM
I'm not sure if I ask here or not new to the form thing but what is the limit on ps4 players in a lobby?

Maggot_8741
01-29-2017, 03:25 AM
Is anything being done about the the signs not working or working then not working. The only actual add on in this patch and some people can't even use them.

Roland
01-29-2017, 08:37 AM
The main purpose of this thread is to announce the patch notes and allow those who need clarification on the notes to be able to ask Claire and get those answers. Posting bug reports and ranting about what is not in the patch notes is off-topic for this particular thread. There is plenty of space in General Discussions to express your criticism of the game and sing your swan song of uninstalling 7 Days to Die if that makes the experience more cathartic for you.

From what I can tell most people understand at this point what the patch notes mean and what exactly is in this latest patch so there is no more reason for this thread to remain open. I can tell that many console gamers do not fully understand the nature of a voxel game vs a static world game so I will end this thread with a little bit of education so that you know what to expect going forward.

1) If a patch alters terrain blocks you will almost always have to restart with a new game.

2) If a patch does not require a restart but there are new world features you will not be able to experience those new things unless you travel to previously unexplored areas or start a fresh game.

3) Voxel games will never be able to compete graphically with static world games. 7 Days to Die is actually a state of the art cutting edge example of graphics that push the envelope--for a voxel game.

These three facts are inherent to voxel games. They are the other side of the coin. We love voxels because of the fun and unique benefits they provide in a game such as this but we hate voxels because of the graphical limitations and the fact that they make restarts necessary when changes to the voxels occur after updates.

You will be much happier if you embrace the restart and stop comparing the graphics of this game to other contemporary but nonvoxel games. PC players have been restarting frequently for the last three years. If you give it a chance restarting will grow on you and if you focus on the mind blowingly addictive gameplay then you'll feel more forgiving of the graphics.