PDA

View Full Version : Combining Project Slaanhatten and Compo-Pack 24?

Destroyer257
02-14-2017, 08:24 PM
Hello there, I have installed Compo-Pack 24 recently and I like it a lot, but I also want to try out the Project Slaanhatten. However, since there are two different rwgmixers, one from Slaanhatten and the other from the Compo-Pack, can anyone help me combine the two rwgmixers into one so I can have both into a server without any major problems?

Thanks.

Guppycur
02-14-2017, 08:37 PM
Aren't there instructions on the first page of slannhatten?

Destroyer257
02-14-2017, 08:46 PM
This is what it says in the readme of the Slaanhatten file:

"Project Slaanhatten is a custom hub designed to spawn in random gen worlds with a more sprawling cityscape in mind, at it's heart it will add a more distinct urban style survival to the traditional 7 days to die expirience. It is built primarily with the prefabs maintained by Magoli in the compo pack and is designed to work in tandem with his rwgmixer providing a large selection of custom hubs/towns/prefabs into the surrounding wilderness, and is balanced with a 48 player pvp based dedicated server in mind."

So which rwgmixer do I use then? I can't use both. What do I do to get both of them in one?

Slaan
02-15-2017, 09:15 PM
try watching the video, "adding the project to another rwgmixer" it's linked in the original post. Unless your familiar with tinkering in which case it just needs a cell to call home.

Beware tho, local multiplayer/dedi server setup requires a workaround to avoid a bug. Hopefully from A16 mags can add the project to his mixer when he can be sure there's no bugs, atm it's just too easy for people to point the finger at the wrong stuff when errors etc pop up.

EDIT: if you check the most recent posts the second mixer including the compo pack prefabs is linked somewhere however if your unfamiliar with the process stick with the video and add the project stuff to the compo pack mixer.

Destroyer257
02-15-2017, 09:21 PM
Will there be heavy lag in the server with both of these in the world?

Slaan
02-15-2017, 09:33 PM
There are some performance drops in some areas within the city, but when you compare it to a full compo pack a14 grid style city that's maybe 10 x 10 cityblocks in size I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

The main downside is the zombie spawning really needs a serious looking into (ill get round to it) and once the initial spawns are killed we often have periods of little activity (mainly because I have giant prefab sections with a single spawn rule Vs each building having it's spawn rule)

Destroyer257
02-15-2017, 09:40 PM
So should I try increasing amount of zombies?

Slaan
02-15-2017, 09:49 PM
for solo play I would say stick with what you prefer/are used to, if your playing coop with friends then maybe/maybe. The server option will have a drastic effect on the rest of the map too not just the city and anything more advanced (playing with biome settings/respawn delay etc) is something I'd like to hear some feedback on should you go that far.

It won't be bare the first few times you visit, but if you actually base up inside the city then the immediate area will become cleansed of the undead pretty fast. 7 day horde nights are awesome, it typically takes a few hordes to really give some indication of where the weaknesses within your perimeter are. Avoid the cliff areas as a base tho, they have no easy route to climb out and you will end up with large tunnels beneath your base over time.

Destroyer257
02-15-2017, 09:54 PM
Is the mixer linked in the recent posts in 2016-17 up to date with Compo-Pack 24?

Slaan
02-15-2017, 10:20 PM
Compo pack 24 is the last one I've worked with and I may have tweaked things slightly (a lot of the custom hubs are gone as they are part of project slaanhatten now or spawn in the empty area's surrounding it as fillers). The main reason I love the compo pack mixer is it does a much better job of the wilderness spawning and custom towns/cities than I ever managed myself, although remember you MUST have a cell size of at least 4200 which takes some work to fill up similar to a vanilla size. If your cell offset is lower than 0.6 then you may be able to shave off some of that, hopefully things will become a bit more normal sized from A16.

Destroyer257
02-17-2017, 12:10 PM
I've tried to do the workaround instructions for the server setup, and it will not let me make a SP game of the same seed name. It keeps saying that the name is already taken.

Are there any other alternatives I can use to fix the bug that'll happen? Or can I just explore the entire hub in the server itself and it'll be fine?

Destroyer257
02-17-2017, 03:21 PM
And plus I cannot find the saves for the MP Server I have set up of the same seed name. I hosted it via the game itself, making an MP world, not by using the Steam Tool one. Am I supposed to use the 7 Days to Die Dedicated Server tool that's on the Tools library? And do I need to keep the process open in the task manager when I have the server up?