PDA

View Full Version : de_dust2 - Counterstrike

Guppycur
02-21-2017, 04:26 PM
Wanting to recreate this map. I'm setting up a server just for help in re-creating this prefab. No zombies, CM access, etc.

If you want in you will need: A decent post history, familiarity with de_dust2, to not be an asshat

Not looking for a lot of help, just a few if someone is interested. If not, I'll build it myself, it'll just take longer. :)

...it's coming together.

https://s31.postimg.org/nizb9j1uj/de_dust2_layout.png
https://bc-gb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/de_dust2.png
https://s22.postimg.org/6fgakyckh/20170221105356_1.jpg

Gamida
02-21-2017, 04:48 PM
Am not familiar with de_dust2, but if I am on and you need help just laying blocks or what not I could probably help. Sometimes I enjoy a bit of mind-numbing, repetitive work.

PS: I am not a builder so like a computer I need very specific instructions or I will screw it up :D

xXC.H.U.DXx
02-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Awesome.....I really need to learn to use that POI thing.I have a list of Ideas i would like to impliment and i dont have the know-how yet

Is that going to be a Map?
or are you going to make it a Sub-Hubs?

Be cool to make Bandit fortress with loot out of them.

Correction "bandit Compounds"

Edit
This is a awesome project Guppy.
I could imagine doing this with other shooting games as well
(the classics anyways)

Guppycur
02-21-2017, 05:13 PM
My vision is to use it as an arena, i.e. type

!jointerrorist to be teleported to the terrorist side, where an indestructible vending machine has your weapons, and if you win (or diffuse the bomb, once TFP puts that in for landmines) then you get Duke Tokens to spend.

We're limited by the game itself, so we'd need to rig some things (like someone has to type !startmatch instead of the timer going off, or teleport to an observation room when dying) but for the most part that mode is doable.

- - - Updated - - -

Am not familiar with de_dust2, but if I am on and you need help just laying blocks or what not I could probably help. Sometimes I enjoy a bit of mind-numbing, repetitive work.

PS: I am not a builder so like a computer I need very specific instructions or I will screw it up :D

Do you have counterstrike? I mean, you're welcome to join in of course. It's a NAV map, with the arena being next to Diersville...

I know there are some ramps, corridors and tunnels, so I need to load up CS:GO (or the original) and go through it a few more times myself to sort of sketch out what it should look like.

- - - Updated - - -

@Chud: But the prefab is only 128x128, so it can be used however. <shrug>

I just like the idea of new and challenging game modes.

Gamida
02-21-2017, 05:17 PM
No sorry don't have CS. Have never played it.
I thought you were just going to make a poi for 7DTD and wanted some help building it so you could save it for future games.

xXC.H.U.DXx
02-21-2017, 05:19 PM
My vision is to use it as an arena, i.e. type

!jointerrorist to be teleported to the terrorist side, where an indestructible vending machine has your weapons, and if you win (or diffuse the bomb, once TFP puts that in for landmines) then you get Duke Tokens to spend.

We're limited by the game itself, so we'd need to rig some things (like someone has to type !startmatch instead of the timer going off, or teleport to an observation room when dying) but for the most part that mode is doable.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have counterstrike? I mean, you're welcome to join in of course. It's a NAV map, with the arena being next to Diersville...

I know there are some ramps, corridors and tunnels, so I need to load up CS:GO (or the original) and go through it a few more times myself to sort of sketch out what it should look like.

- - - Updated - - -

@Chud: But the prefab is only 128x128, so it can be used however. <shrug>

I just like the idea of new and challenging game modes.

you know Guppy.....

I been working on "mine defusing"

its a working progress and im really close......

i will let you know when i figure it out....

(i'm REALLY close)

I already have Shaped Charged working :) (with a remote detonator)

Guppycur
02-21-2017, 05:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vKMFFEu.png
https://s1.postimg.org/dab91910v/20170221121629_1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

you know Guppy.....

I been working on "mine defusing"

its a working progress and im really close......

i will let you know when i figure it out....

(i'm REALLY close)

I already have Shaped Charged working :) (with a remote detonator)

That'll be good, because unless it makes it into a16 it'll be another 6mos before that game style is usable.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the "Foundation Shell" is good enough to import in and begin working on.

I'm a little confused by the tunnel, so I'll have to play some to re-familiarize myself with it, but I think there is enough here to get it looking halfway decent from within the game. :)

Not too bad for having started only less than an hour ago. =)

- - - Updated - - -

No sorry don't have CS. Have never played it.
I thought you were just going to make a poi for 7DTD and wanted some help building it so you could save it for future games.

How are you the one person on earth w/o counterstrike? :)

xXC.H.U.DXx
02-21-2017, 06:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vKMFFEu.png
https://s24.postimg.org/4drstyzhx/20170221115455_1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

That'll be good, because unless it makes it into a16 it'll be another 6mos before that game style is usable.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the "Foundation Shell" is good enough to import in and begin working on.

I'm a little confused by the tunnel, so I'll have to play some to re-familiarize myself with it, but I think there is enough here to get it looking halfway decent from within the game. :)

Not too bad for having started only less than an hour ago. =)

Man amazing work.

I need ot get me that program

Whats it called again?
and it does all the Prefab stuff?
Spawners etc etc?

Guppycur
02-21-2017, 06:12 PM
Hal's Prefab Editor, it's a sticky in the Modding/Tools section. I've an install video in his first post.

Not so much on the spawners, but you can use spawning.xml tricks for that.

xXC.H.U.DXx
02-21-2017, 06:42 PM
Hal's Prefab Editor, it's a sticky in the Modding/Tools section. I've an install video in his first post.

Not so much on the spawners, but you can use spawning.xml tricks for that.

Right on...thanks...after i crack this landmine thing..i will check it out

Guppycur
02-21-2017, 06:49 PM
Update: Did a walkthrough and video tour of CS:GO's version of the map... the decorations aren't the classic version, but the map itself seems to be on point.

Video Tour #1 (https://youtu.be/xzL1hsSlgLs)

If you're looking at the 3d Map, I'm starting in the SW corner traveling East, then going from there.

DUST2DEATH
02-21-2017, 09:39 PM
damn you move fast.

You have the stair well between spawn and B in the building yes?
I couldnt tell from the image (I had to stare at it for a while, then it clicked).

Nice job so far.

Guppycur
02-21-2017, 09:51 PM
Gotta fix some tunnel issues, the circle stairs being one, and I had missed a slope, but for the most part it looks good enough to export and finish by hand.

DUST2DEATH
02-22-2017, 12:34 AM
yea you're gonna have a bad time if you try to get all the ground elevation in.

I think you've done well.

Guppycur
02-22-2017, 01:12 AM
I'm good at building in the editor. Can't do the angles but can fake with stairs. It looks good, I'll update tonight with the tunnel correction then make the server live.

Poojam
02-22-2017, 02:11 AM
Overall it looks like you have the layout pretty close.

Catwalk looks a couple blocks too wide once you make the turn opposite of lower B tunnels.

Same with car area beside high A's ramp.

The incline in middle down to double doors should be roughly the height of the double doors (about two player models tall). Hard to see in your rendering, but it looks a little shallow. Just check the sight line from T spawn to double doors though and make sure you can see a full CT model and only half a T model.

IIRC, the jog in the wall from CT spawn up to A is a little off. This is the wall that is opposite of the catwalk boost box. This should only be a 1 block wide bumpout at the corner.

You're missing the overhang ledge above long A's ramp. It recesses back. This provides cover for CT's when they rush T ramp and T's jump over the parapet wall into to get surprised.

Man... we really need to get the dev's to code a flash bang.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been a long time. But there used to be level editors in CS 1.6. I feel like if you could find the tools, you could export it to DXF and overlay it on top of a grid in CAD to get it right to 1/2 block resolution.

Guppycur
02-22-2017, 03:38 AM
All that was my >1 hour work; I'm refining it right now. I want to get it "close enough" in the editor, that way I can finish the rest by hand.

Glimpse
02-22-2017, 03:53 AM
that way I can finish the rest by hand.

PHRASING!

Seriously, looking great man.

I don't know why everyone who played CS went insane over Dust being the best map, I never enjoyed playing on it, I thought it was one of the worst maps in rotation for CS, but you're doing a great job of mimicking it.

Guppycur
02-22-2017, 04:24 AM
I preferred Estate, but that's waayy too small for what I want here.

Guppycur
02-22-2017, 04:42 AM
Video Tour #2 (https://youtu.be/lXX_7B4A7kc)

Guppycur
02-22-2017, 05:18 AM
Server is live (well, open, it's been live since I started this).

73.32.182.89 port 26900

pm me for password if you're interested in helping out with the project.

It's next to diersville in Nav, and Creative Access is already available upon login.

I was never a CS God, so a lot of the idiosyncrasies were lost on me (sniping points, what lines up with what, run times) but I do believe the general shape is there and anything missing can be filled in "by hand". The server is currently running on 15.2 b7 but I'll update it to b8 at some point (I can log in to it with a b8 client).

EAC is disabled anyway, since I have Hal's dll running (the reason why I won't update).

There are plenty of pictures, videos and maps available for de_dust2 on google.

I want to give it a 7 days theme though (since this is 7 Days to Die), but basically have the same decoration layout (just using 7day objects).

DUST2DEATH
02-22-2017, 06:34 AM
Looking good!

The twin double door section between terrorists and A looks to be too short IMO.

Only thing I noticed in your vid.

Guppycur
02-22-2017, 07:08 AM
I'm sure there are more things than that. If I can figure out how to increase the game time in cs:go botmode (0 bots) from the 2:30 minutes, then I'll do a proper video walkthrough on both versions and take notes.

Dicey
02-22-2017, 03:51 PM
I literally cannot believe you did this. It was just the other day I was playing CS:S on this exact map, thinking this exact thing... how cool would it be to have this 'arena' in 7d2d.

OMFG

Nice work btw.

Guppycur
02-22-2017, 04:13 PM
Jungian principles, what can I say. :)

Gamida
02-22-2017, 05:07 PM
any reason you have to be familiar with CS to play this arena? Can't I just run around like a chicken with its head cut off like I do on the regular server

Guppycur
02-22-2017, 05:14 PM
No familiarity required to play. I mean, other than 99% of the worlds population will know exactly where to go at exactly any given time.

Dude, get counterstrike. Best $15 you'll spend.

Each game is VERY short, 'cause when you die, you die. Last man standing kind of thing. It's intense and literally revolutionized the FPS genre.

AND it started off as a Halflife Mod, then quickly became more popular than the game itself.

xXC.H.U.DXx
02-22-2017, 08:30 PM
No familiarity required to play. I mean, other than 99% of the worlds population will know exactly where to go at exactly any given time.

Dude, get counterstrike. Best $15 you'll spend.

Each game is VERY short, 'cause when you die, you die. Last man standing kind of thing. It's intense and literally revolutionized the FPS genre.

AND it started off as a Halflife Mod, then quickly became more popular than the game itself.

Everything he says is truth.......

I remeber it started on Doom>>Castle wolfenstein >>Quake>>Halflife>>SOF ll Gold (best FPS EVER)>> so many more i could name that brought FPS to the table of gaming

I think COD has overdone it
but BF is doing good job

It's too bad those Modders got ripped off when Valve stole their Mod and made it permanent part of the game.

I remeber Helping to make alot of the Spray textures for Counterstrike back in the day...that's how i got started.

i dabbled in BF1 modding also.

DUST2DEATH
02-22-2017, 10:42 PM
1.6 > source :P

Guppycur
02-22-2017, 10:51 PM
I have 1.6 and GO.

Laz Man
02-23-2017, 04:46 AM
Great idea guppy. This is what i feel 7d2d is missing. Horde mode was the closest thing to it. Playing surival is a great long game but sometimes you just want to get a quick game in and thats it. I hope the devs are takig notes. ;)

Guppycur
02-23-2017, 08:05 PM
Video Tour #3 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR0UeMIYgg0)

Gives more of a general sense of what I'm doing. Given the lack of decorations in 7days compared to CS I'm a bit more limited, but I'm going to do what I can.

Stage 1: Build the "shell" - Done
Stage 2: Resize areas to more fit de_dust2 - In Progress
Stage 3: Decorate the streets with Like items from the 7day Decorations List - In Progress
Stage 4: Build out all of the rooms/buildings that are mere facades in CS, to make them useable in 7days - Not Started

Guppycur
02-23-2017, 08:10 PM
Great idea guppy. This is what i feel 7d2d is missing. Horde mode was the closest thing to it. Playing surival is a great long game but sometimes you just want to get a quick game in and thats it. I hope the devs are takig notes. ;)

I have a few arena's built for end game, where players can type something like !kingofthehill and spawn to well, the top of a hill, where zombies will then spawn pouring up the hill to get you... the top of the hill is a health regen, the ramp of the hill is... the opposite. :)

I also have a Maze Arena and a giant Pit (think crater in a city) for the same purposes.

Fun times. :)

Guppycur
02-24-2017, 12:30 AM
Making good progress. :)

Guppycur
02-24-2017, 05:21 AM
So... My thoughts, aside from just making the prefab, are about the game mode.

Custom vending machines, same prices as in counterstrike, but I wonder if I can use custom currency. Cstokens?

A flow chart:

!ct - player is teleport to ct start point. 3rd party program strips them of all equipment, or doesn't allow the teleport with items in inventory. The latter is doable, not sure about the former. Don't think so. Yet.

The start point is initially walled off. Player receives initial cstokens for initial purchase. They have 1 minute to buy what they need from the vending machine.

After 1 minute, the walls are removed (substituted for air blocks via a prefab import). The game is on.

(Alternate game style has zombie hordes sent to bomb locations)

When a player dies, he is teleported to an observation room, and that teams death count is +1, handled by my third party app. That is within my skill set.

Game ends when team player count deaths = team player count. Disconnects will count towards the death count.

If we ever get landmine disarming, then game ends if landmine is placed and blows. That will be a lot tricker to catch in the telnet stream, will probably use a quest system for whoever picks it up.

!resetcourse or something to restore the prefab, via a prefab import.

xXC.H.U.DXx
02-24-2017, 03:31 PM
So... My thoughts, aside from just making the prefab, are about the game mode.

Custom vending machines, same prices as in counterstrike, but I wonder if I can use custom currency. Cstokens?

A flow chart:

!ct - player is teleport to ct start point. 3rd party program strips them of all equipment, or doesn't allow the teleport with items in inventory. The latter is doable, not sure about the former. Don't think so. Yet.

The start point is initially walled off. Player receives initial cstokens for initial purchase. They have 1 minute to buy what they need from the vending machine.

After 1 minute, the walls are removed (substituted for air blocks via a prefab import). The game is on.

(Alternate game style has zombie hordes sent to bomb locations)

When a player dies, he is teleported to an observation room, and that teams death count is +1, handled by my third party app. That is within my skill set.

Game ends when team player count deaths = team player count. Disconnects will count towards the death count.

If we ever get landmine disarming, then game ends if landmine is placed and blows. That will be a lot tricker to catch in the telnet stream, will probably use a quest system for whoever picks it up.

!resetcourse or something to restore the prefab, via a prefab import.

So get this.......

Landmine progression so far:

So far i can Turn a (disarmed) landmine into a Active landmine.

but when i try to disarm a (active) landmine it blows up in my face..

.................................................. ......................

I'm still working it.

Guppycur
02-24-2017, 04:36 PM
All xml driven?

xXC.H.U.DXx
02-24-2017, 04:50 PM
All xml driven?
yup........

i'm going to Crack this.

that's why i haven't been on the server yet...i been pounding my face against the keyboard on this[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be so bad if it was a "by CHance" thing but its pretty cut in dry how it happens.

Guppycur
02-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Nice. It'll mean that game mode can be used prior to whenever they intro it. A17, likely.

Guppycur
02-25-2017, 02:01 PM
Video Tour #4 (https://youtu.be/9avlMM268Ow)

Did some work on the hallway and a few other areas.

xXC.H.U.DXx
02-25-2017, 09:49 PM
Guppy...I dont think i can make your Landmine work without a SDX build (not a fan of it)

Might possibly not work at all the way "The Fun pimps" have the landmine coded

Which makes no sense to me at all looking at it.

Here is what i have so far:

I can turn a Landmine (defused) into a Active Landmine....No problem

I can defuse a Landmine but when i do it blows up in my face (there is no "by chance").

I'm still digging for another way.But i wanted you to know this where i'm at with this.

(got sidetracked with Lockpicking yesterday)

Guppycur
02-26-2017, 12:30 AM
It would be a nice feature, but it'll be fine to wait for lockpicking. I assume that will add what we need.

xXC.H.U.DXx
02-26-2017, 02:45 AM
It would be a nice feature, but it'll be fine to wait for lockpicking. I assume that will add what we need.

we have lockpicking already.....

that's how i tried to make it work.

lockpicking works on a upgrade/repair idea

TSBX
02-26-2017, 03:16 AM
I think Guppy means when TFP adds a lockpicking mechanic.

Laz Man
02-26-2017, 03:59 AM
You could simulate defusing a bomb through the upgrade/downgrade mechanic using a particular tool? Just an idea. (I.e. like how a wood ax takes 4 clicks to upgrade a block). Make a defuse too that takes 25 clicks to "defuse" the bomb?

Excuse my xml newbieness if this is not doable 😅

The bomb could use the plant attribute and modified to only be plantable on a certain block type (ie bomb site) and the if not defused in time the bomb grows into something else (ideally something that would explode)....

Guppycur
02-26-2017, 05:45 AM
I think no matter what, in order to use that mode, I'm going to have to use some sort of rigged system. Something quest/buff related. I'm /hoping/ the lockpick system and disarm system the pimps are introducing will expose enough flexibility to allow me to do this, but my last resort is:

Terrorist place a block and have to "upgrade" it. The upgrade time is the "fuse setting" time, and yeh ultimately it would "upgrade" into a new block, although I'm not certain I can choose "exploding TNT" as a block.. The current Quest system will allow this, more or less. I can rig this part.

Counter Terrorist have to "diffuse" it by basically breaking the set block.

What I need to do though is find a way to capture via telnet console that the block was broken. And for that, well... I'm stumped.

No matter what, it'll be jury rigged, of that I'm confident. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the latest video, I /really/ want those large arch ways... so I'll probably finish this version soon(tm), then update it later with the new blocks and painting.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, if any of you fools want to hop onto that server, it's a NAV server and the map is right next to diersville, to you know, help out, lemme know and I'll get you the password.

xXC.H.U.DXx
02-26-2017, 03:23 PM
You could simulate defusing a bomb through the upgrade/downgrade mechanic using a particular tool? Just an idea. (I.e. like how a wood ax takes 4 clicks to upgrade a block). Make a defuse too that takes 25 clicks to "defuse" the bomb?

Excuse my xml newbieness if this is not doable ��

The bomb could use the plant attribute and modified to only be plantable on a certain block type (ie bomb site) and the if not defused in time the bomb grows into something else (ideally something that would explode)....

yeah...that's what i was trying to achieve but when i upgrade/repair a live mine it blows up in my face.
If i take the (defused mine) and place it and use my (hunting knife) it works just fine.

it's the going from live to defused that gets me so far.

if i was a youtuber guy i would make a video and show you all..but that escapes me.
I wouldn't even know where to start on something like that. (making videos in such)

Guppycur
02-26-2017, 03:37 PM
Download OBS, change a few settings, press Start and Stop Recording when necessary, call it a day.

xXC.H.U.DXx
02-26-2017, 03:41 PM
Download OBS, change a few settings, press Start and Stop Recording when necessary, call it a day.

ok im checking it out now.......What setting's are you talking about?

ok i got it now what?

Guppycur
02-26-2017, 03:56 PM
Under "Output", "Recording"

Type: Standard
Recording Format: MP4
Encoder: NVENC H.264
Rate Control: CBR
Bitrate: 20000

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeh, one thing that I do is turn the Desktop Audio slider down on that Mixer, so that the game volume isn't recorded at such a high volume that it overpowers the Mic/Aux audio.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't need to do any of the settings, but these will make it look pretty. Just remember that when uploading to Youtube, once Youtube processes, your video will STILL LOOK LIKE POOPY, until Youtube processes it again and again later on in the background. So it takes a while before the video is available in the higher resolutions. Just be patient.

The 20000 number is what controls how good the game will look.

xXC.H.U.DXx
02-26-2017, 04:15 PM
Under "Output", "Recording"

Type: Standard
Recording Format: MP4
Encoder: NVENC H.264
Rate Control: CBR
Bitrate: 20000

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeh, one thing that I do is turn the Desktop Audio slider down on that Mixer, so that the game volume isn't recorded at such a high volume that it overpowers the Mic/Aux audio.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't need to do any of the settings, but these will make it look pretty. Just remember that when uploading to Youtube, once Youtube processes, your video will STILL LOOK LIKE POOPY, until Youtube processes it again and again later on in the background. So it takes a while before the video is available in the higher resolutions. Just be patient.

The 20000 number is what controls how good the game will look.

Thanks...I just realized my video card has "plays TV"

i'm going to see how that works too.

Guppycur
02-26-2017, 04:51 PM
You get distracted easily, huh. No shame in it. Me too. :)

xXC.H.U.DXx
02-26-2017, 05:21 PM
You get distracted easily, huh. No shame in it. Me too. :)

yeah....My Son's friends are over here today..occupying my Office playing Xbox...it is distracting.
Just got done watching the last Madmole video :)

Guppycur
03-13-2017, 07:50 PM
Video Tour #5 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaU-ToxWEbs&feature=youtu.be)

Did some work on the interior buildings that overlook the streets.

BadCops
07-22-2017, 06:58 AM
work in A16.1 b1

Guppycur
07-22-2017, 01:12 PM
Not even close. I plan to convert it and finish, but it's last on my to do list.