PDA

View Full Version : [03/10] Message from the Team - Patch 8 in Submission (Notes Included)

Clare
03-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Hi all,

Just got word from the team that Patch 8 has gone into submission. All going to plan it should be released at some stage next week!

Below are the notes for the patch. As always this includes some but not all of the fixes included in he patch.

The usual bit:
- NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated
- do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.
- keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.
- please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.
- I do NOT have further info on A15 features (check the sticky in General Discussion for all current info) or updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

Thanks!
Clare

--------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 8.0
PS4 Version 1.11
XB1 Version 1.0.11.0

It’s almost time for Patch 8! We’ve got a cool addition and the standard chunk of bug fixes! As always, we’ll let you know when it releases but here’s a list to peruse while you wait.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

* Minibike Map Icons – In this patch we tracked down the cause of minibikes disappearing after a crash and changed the way minibike data is saved in order to remove the chances of this happening again in the future. In addition to this, we are adding minibike icons to the map and compass. This should help you locate where the minibike is during gameplay as well as after a crash:
o Minibikes that have been claimed by a player (by that player adding a padlock to that minibike’s parts menu) will appear on the minimap and compass to that player only
o Minibikes that are unclaimed will appear to all players
o This can be toggled on or off in the game settings for local and private games

* When “On,” Minibikes that have not been claimed by a player through use of a Padlock will be visible to all players on the Map.

[EDIT: For those asking, the minibike Icon will work for bikes already in the world. If the bike is stuck below ground it will get an icon and you can dig it out. However if the bike was lost entirely from a crash, this fix will not make it reappear. It will only help losses in future crashes - Clare]

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue that was causing some POIs to change into other POIs after reentering a game session

* Fixed an issue that was occasionally causing Minibikes to vanish after a crash

* Fixed an issue that was causing a small group of zombies to spawn suddenly at a POI the first time a player would approach it

* Fixed an issue that would cause the number of items to craft input box to be rest when crafting multiple stacks of quickly created items

* Fixed an issue that was preventing signs from being picked up once they had been dropped

* Fixed an issue that was causing food to not increase fullness

* Fixed an issue that was allowing Pipe Bombs and Dynamite Sticks to be able to be used infinitely if exploded while in the player’s hand

* Fixed an issue that was causing all words on signs to be censored upon disconnection of an Ethernet cable

* Fixed an issue that was preventing players from interacting with signs when they were placed above doors

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the Animal Hide Leg armor from being displayed on the character model

* Fixed an issue that was causing the SFX of automatic tools to loop when they were switched out mid-use

* Fixed an issue that was causing the AK47 SFX to loop upon its first time being fired

System/Stability

* Fixed a crash that would occur upon the host restarting a game session when too many client signs had been placed

* Fixed an issue that was allowing gas cans to be smelted and (in the case of a large stack being added to the smelter) causing long hitches

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when a user would mash B/Circle and A/Cross in split screen multiplayer

* Fixed an issue that was causing an unresponsive state when rapidly dismissing connection error messages in the Continue Game menu

* Fixed an issue that was causing the game to enter an unresponsive state if a client’s joining process was interrupted

The wait for Patch 8 is almost over! We hope you are all as excited to get your hands on this as we are to be releasing it.

Zslayem22
03-10-2017, 08:23 PM
AWESOME !!!! THANK YALL lol been checking everyday

Mr8liner
03-10-2017, 08:33 PM
I see there is no new content.....bummer

Kidliquid01
03-10-2017, 08:58 PM
I see there is no new content.....bummer

The minibike fix was worth the wait! Bravo!

Zslayem22
03-10-2017, 09:07 PM
^^^ I agree lol and a icon WHAT !!!

davethebakerx2
03-10-2017, 09:21 PM
i agree^^^

courgi
03-10-2017, 09:23 PM
Underwhelming but good job.

Damselx1
03-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Great news!

Eddyjr2008
03-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Mannn, no new content. Icon is cool for people who use minibikes. I heard this took two months. Id say that some of the bugs was really hard to find. Heres to hoping theres content in next patch.

aceguy7
03-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Wow....thats it? no new content? :apologetic: *sigh* How about catwalks or the ability to build on trees or some skills balancing? thanks for the bug fixes at least. :/

Roland
03-10-2017, 09:38 PM
Mannn, no new content. Icon is cool for people who use minibikes. I heard this took two months. Id say that some of the bugs was really hard to find. Heres to hoping theres content in next patch.

Wow....thats it? no new content? :apologetic: *sigh* How about catwalks or the ability to build on trees or some skills balancing? thanks for the bug fixes at least. :/

Clare just said up above that these notes are not comprehensive. Also the minibike icon on the map is for sure a new feature and one that the PC crowd will be quite jealous of since they've been asking for that since the bike was first introduced.

So make sure you tweak their noses about it :)

MutilatorJuice
03-10-2017, 09:38 PM
Yayyyyy!!! Thanks team

kybu18
03-10-2017, 09:39 PM
Wow..thanks for the minibike icon, waited a month and a half for that and no new content. Not even a drawbridge or the ability to make lights...how about expanding the workshop, throw us some kind of new content bone. Oh well, guess I'll check again in two months

Clare
03-10-2017, 09:46 PM
It's actually been 6 weeks - I know that might not make a diff to some of you guys, but I just want to to be clear about the time scale.

Mr8liner
03-10-2017, 09:48 PM
I just took my minibike apart and put it in a box. Never lost one since I started doing that.

GSM Tank
03-10-2017, 09:53 PM
I'm still holding out for the fix to let me play multiplayer with my friends lol!!!! But this is a good patch. Thanks guys!

Gstar
03-10-2017, 10:21 PM
does this mean im gona have like 20 mini bike icons on my game?? and no md5 fix then great..

Eddyjr2008
03-10-2017, 10:26 PM
Clare just said up above that these notes are not comprehensive. Also the minibike icon on the map is for sure a new feature and one that the PC crowd will be quite jealous of since they've been asking for that since the bike was first introduced.

It's actually been 6 weeks - I know that might not make a diff to some of you guys, but I just want to to be clear about the time scale.

That is true Roland, I read that but shoulda paid more attention before I said that. Minibike icon is definitely cool for those who use one. I guess I shoulda said that with what is contained in the patch notes presently. ,like on this post here, there is not any content that Id use. But like u said, its not comprehensive.

And sorry Clare, I didnt mean to mistate information. I shoulda checked for myself before saying it was 2 months. I jus remember reading someones post that said that but didn't look for myself. I know that sorta stuff can start an all out fit for some folks.

A lot of people are like on that garfield movie when it looks like he's made a hard journey and is dying and he is only at the end of his drive lol.

Clare
03-10-2017, 10:36 PM
does this mean im gona have like 20 mini bike icons on my game?? and no md5 fix then great..

The POIs replacing themselves with other POIs of the same type is an MD5 error fix as far as I know.

GotCrowkiller
03-10-2017, 10:41 PM
Good to see that I will no longer have my bike vanish without a trace. My question is will I be able to find my old bikes with all the gear I lost or am I out of luck?

GotCrowkiller
03-10-2017, 10:49 PM
Next question....
After every update I have logged in either my base has regenerated or I lost gear i had saved in my world. Is this going to be a problem? Or do I need to distribute my gear around the world so I am not getting stuck out?

Funkinstein
03-10-2017, 10:54 PM
I'm the one that said 2 months, but it was just a rough guestimation because I wasn't going to a countdown of days and hours here. I had a crap week and today was the worst, then seeing the patch notes was kind of the cap off for disappointment. I still love the game and continue to play, but since I don't lose minibikes and haven't ever had my base rewritten, I felt defeated for a minute.

SilvenWolf
03-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Well I think this is an excellent patch, its fixing so many stability issues, POI changes, Mini bikes, signs from the last patch, repeating sound loops etc...

Would seem wrong to try and put in new additions without getting the stability issues sorted first.

Hopefully this fixes a lot of the issues and thus paves the way for the new additions in patches to come.

Lets see how this address the current issues first, Sounds very promising to me.

Thank you team

Ric Walker
03-10-2017, 11:42 PM
My emotions are splitt between the things Silvenwolf and Funkinstein mentioned.

On one side i am happy about any fix to any problem as minor as it is.

But as someone like Funkinstein that rarely uses Minibikes or facing other major bugs, i am disapointed at the same time. For the few of us with near no problems and already near 500 ingame (some here even 1000+) days of Gameplay is new contend something we eagerly waiting for. that we have to wait another 4 to 8 weeks is very disapointing. I will play a view RL hours to help finding new bugs that always came with a new patch and than quitting again until patch 9 comes out. if thats without any or just one minor new content... even i will quit competely and come back in a year or two.

CerealKiller231
03-11-2017, 12:00 AM
So if turned ON will Mini Bikes lost show up on the map if it just teleported to a different location?

Jim12127
03-11-2017, 12:27 AM
Well i like the patch with fixes & all,
But yeah i think like everyone dissapointed at the no new things added, it is like even it was only a update that u can do more, it hasnt needed to be much, even if it was like "a way to make your own beer" just saying.. it ment to alot of people that the game just added a little update in it with new things! I know the marker with your bike is a new feature but that is just a improvement not anything new to do.., anyway checking the game in other 6weeks! Claire still thankyou for the update and fixes! Ur team does a wonderfull job!

Joey101011
03-11-2017, 12:36 AM
Still don't see fixes for the many problems I still have

Roland
03-11-2017, 12:42 AM
My emotions are splitt between the things Silvenwolf and Funkinstein mentioned.

On one side i am happy about any fix to any problem as minor as it is.

But as someone like Funkinstein that rarely uses Minibikes or facing other major bugs, i am disapointed at the same time. For the few of us with near no problems and already near 500 ingame (some here even 1000+) days of Gameplay is new contend something we eagerly waiting for. that we have to wait another 4 to 8 weeks is very disapointing. I will play a view RL hours to help finding new bugs that always came with a new patch and than quitting again until patch 9 comes out. if thats without any or just one minor new content... even i will quit competely and come back in a year or two.

Honestly, thinking that you are only going to have to wait 4 to 8 more weeks for some Alpha 15 content is probably still setting yourself up for disappointment. Its possible but very unlikely. The next patch is most likely going to be focused on fixes again. Coming back in 6 months to a year might be the best course of action for those who are already bored with current content. I know it is disappointing but there are a lot of features in A15 that PC gamers are playing with that are still unfinished features. They are in their very first iteration and haven't been fully developed. TFP and Iron Galaxy are going to fully vet features before porting them over. The console is not an alpha product so you guys aren't going to get all of the work in progress versions of each feature. In most cases you are going to get the final version after it has been tested and tweaked and developed on the PC for at least a few iterations. I'm trying to be straight with you and anyone else who have unrealistic timelines in their heads.

The model is NOT 1) Introduce a new feature on the PC and then 2) port it over to console in the next console patch. In addition, all focus right now is still on getting the game to a state where it was intended to be when it launched for the largest percentage of the player base as possible. So while there are some who are feeling burnt out on all the game currently has to offer, there are others who have not been able to get lit in the first place and the emphasis is on helping the ones who haven't been able to play at all rather than to help those with 200 hours get to 400 hours of playtime with some new toys.

EDIT: Also just wanted to point out Ric, that I thought your post was very level-headed and fair and I'm mostly just using your comment as a way to say these things to the whole community so please don't think I'm scolding you or anything.

Funkinstein
03-11-2017, 12:47 AM
It's totally understandable. Disappointing, but understandable.

Eddyjr2008
03-11-2017, 01:22 AM
Definitely. I understand how the updates work, like pc features have to be completed or be worked on some b4 it comes to console. Its all in that video madmole posted about it and in the one sticky post. I was happy when I saw that we got signs cause that was summin I wanted. I will always look forward to patches and think maybe theyll be content even summin like the sign jus because I like the game and hope for it. It came out on June 28, 2016 exactly I believe. Thats 254 days. Just wished the bugs would stop for people so we could get past that phase and everyone could enjoy the game that cant, still after all this time. Not too much time has went by jus wished bugs was gone.

Ric Walker
03-11-2017, 01:49 AM
I know very well how game devellopment works and i know that most of the time people have unrealistic conceptions of time.

But there are some stuff on the current version that dont have bugs or would be diffcult to port/implement. Or do you remember any issues with the drawbridges or new cooking recepies, the farming?

And i Totally agree with you that the first Priority of a gaming Company should always be fixing problems.
But after more than half of the year all "new" since the release of console version was cosmetics (lightning and shades, draw distance, new textures, and now minibike icon)

As i said: those who are playing this game since that release are disappointed because the lack of new content for them.

What i am accusing the decision makers is the priority of new content and (TFP not included) the lack of comunication with the community. This is the only place we console players can share our thoughts, our wishes and our frustration (which i am sorry that TFP has to get the steam for it (hope you guys can deflect it to TT and IG that deserve it)).

Is it that difficult to communicate with the players Roland? I am blaming recently a lot of gaming companys for not comunicating with their Players. (you guys are a leading example of good behaviour and a model to other companys in this regard)

is it so difficult to make some polls what the community wants most? What is the greatest bug problem? What should be added next?
Or simple questions like: What is the thing you think the game lacks? What do you think about the story of the last DLC? and so on.

Is it really that difficult? Am i just a guy with unrealistic points?

BlueSnow
03-11-2017, 04:24 AM
@Ric Walker
I see it like you.
I highly appreciate the fixes and the Minibike icon, but for 500+ hours Veterans of the game, it's disappointing.
At least for me it's not enough to keep playing, my games-backlog is huge so i'm going to check here for a new update every once in a while and that's it then.

davethebakerx2
03-11-2017, 04:35 AM
one of the biggest complaints cince june has been the mini bikes and to see them getting fixed is a good thing. as much as id like new stuff you can't build a new house on a rotten foundation. fix what you already have before you add anything new. they fixed the lights and the grass. this fixes the bikes and sound loop. im verry happy with the progress. the game is far better then it was in june.

jbomia2
03-11-2017, 04:38 AM
I for one appreciate each and every patch and yes I must say I'm guilty of getting my hopes up for some new content but have been happy with what we been given so far. Technically they really don't have to give us distant terrain, signs, minibike icon. They could just update with bug and crash fixes and call it a day.
I'm excited to finally be able to use my AK47 I've been slowly building in hopes they'd fix that damn loop bug, by the way is the SMG included in that fix too?

Sodiesarin
03-11-2017, 05:43 AM
Me and my friends are having such a good time! We love this game. Thank you for any patches and I'm thankful to have such a great game that's being tended to by its devs. Thanks again!

Mregomies
03-11-2017, 06:02 AM
All I want right now are drawbridge and workbench combine. Those would be game changer! If you have ton loads of low level stuff and want to combine like in PC version... and drawbridge!? So many new ways to build the ultimate base

Istdet
03-11-2017, 06:48 AM
I highly doubt the people who haven't been able to play this game at all stuck around this long to finally be able to play it. I've never used the mini-bike due to the bug it has and if it has indeed actually be fixed then that will be something I'll look into trying out. About the main fix I'm happy about here is the input reset, and I haven't even experienced it, just glad I get to skip it. For everyone waiting for A15, just get into something else. The chances of TT investing anything more beyond stock content seem low based on the activity around this game. Its only been getting worse, etc, etc. Cool some bugs got fixed, maybe. How many times have I read a bug was fixed that actually wasn't, sorry for the skepticism but even if all notes are accurate its still underwhelming. Hopefully the funding for this game on console continues because I've enjoyed it but I can't be bothered playing a sub-par version just because a publisher likes to make excuses about how console players deserve "fully functional content". I guess all of the bugs that we've been plagued with up til now were just in our imagination eh? Let this last statement be clear that I'm thinking in the minds of PR and not my own, no I don't believe we deserve anything. I would cherish the opportunity to get buggy content, having a game that evolves as you play it and continually improves is a much better experience than playing a game that lies stagnant for half a year. The console community is not what it once was, most people on console are definitely much more lenient/tech savvy than they once were and if companies would take advantage of these facts instead of coddling their consumers out of fear it would make for a stronger community surrounding those products and companies.

Gazz
03-11-2017, 07:14 AM
All I want right now are drawbridge and workbench combine. Those would be game changer! If you have ton loads of low level stuff and want to combine like in PC version... and drawbridge!? So many new ways to build the ultimate base
Just as an example - the workbench combine is one of the unfinished features Roland was talking about.
It works but is very much unbalanced. =)

Acoons1
03-11-2017, 08:16 AM
Hey Clare! Very excited about the patch. The game is good as it is, and these bug fixes should make the gameplay 10x better. My question is - if there are minibikes on the map that we have misplaced/ lost because we got taken off during a crash, will we be able to see those?

Pablodiablo316
03-11-2017, 09:10 AM
I for one appreciate each and every patch and yes I must say I'm guilty of getting my hopes up for some new content but have been happy with what we been given so far. Technically they really don't have to give us distant terrain, signs, minibike icon. They could just update with bug and crash fixes and call it a day.
I'm excited to finally be able to use my AK47 I've been slowly building in hopes they'd fix that damn loop bug, by the way is the SMG included in that fix too?

Clare told me in another thread that she had checked with the dev team and the loop fix shold cover all tool and auto weapons plus the panting SFX glitch that can loop too

Rouskei
03-11-2017, 11:34 AM
Dissapointed, but it's better than nothing. No additional content due to patches.. no surprise there.. still waiting for the weather/Clothing to stop breaking immersion . Ex: full body iron armor guy cooler than tank top and jeans guy, etc. . Desperate for content in 7 days to fry

I highly doubt the people who haven't been able to play this game at all stuck around this long to finally be able to play it. I've never used the mini-bike due to the bug it has and if it has indeed actually be fixed then that will be something I'll look into trying out. About the main fix I'm happy about here is the input reset, and I haven't even experienced it, just glad I get to skip it. For everyone waiting for A15, just get into something else. The chances of TT investing anything more beyond stock content seem low based on the activity around this game. Its only been getting worse, etc, etc. Cool some bugs got fixed, maybe. How many times have I read a bug was fixed that actually wasn't, sorry for the skepticism but even if all notes are accurate its still underwhelming. Hopefully the funding for this game on console continues because I've enjoyed it but I can't be bothered playing a sub-par version just because a publisher likes to make excuses about how console players deserve "fully functional content". I guess all of the bugs that we've been plagued with up til now were just in our imagination eh? Let this last statement be clear that I'm thinking in the minds of PR and not my own, no I don't believe we deserve anything. I would cherish the opportunity to get buggy content, having a game that evolves as you play it and continually improves is a much better experience than playing a game that lies stagnant for half a year. The console community is not what it once was, most people on console are definitely much more lenient/tech savvy than they once were and if companies would take advantage of these facts instead of coddling their consumers out of fear it would make for a stronger community surrounding those products and companies.

Agreed. Only here due to my love of the genre, but the content is so underwatered(normal for this gen) it's hard to bare. The 4 to possibly 8 in the future player lobby thing, there's a lot making this a bump in the road on the way to h1z1 or something more immersive. It has potential but its starting to seem like something else, not a mainstream zombie survival title that'll give you the experiences of roleplay immersion dayz or h1z1 can naturally, (No) h1z1 and dayz aren't the greatest thing ever, but they're hitting the nail.) I see why the trailer is live action and showing pc gameplay though, lol.

Better have patched this SMG :/

Dude lmfao, its like talking to children . Yeaaaa pc has a ♥♥♥♥ ton of real content , i would lmfao if i was pc and saw Daddy Roland consoling the masses. I doubt too many will be distraught about a bike icon. Nice try Daddy Roland, you do this often lol.

Next question....
After every update I have logged in either my base has regenerated or I lost gear i had saved in my world. Is this going to be a problem? Or do I need to distribute my gear around the world so I am not getting stuck out?

This is bs.. I'm going to want another free Bslap to the devs if this game does anything to my base or items .

Rouskei
03-11-2017, 11:49 AM
^^^ I agree lol and a icon WHAT !!!

Lol at this excitement

K-Lude
03-11-2017, 12:16 PM
Dope. I don't use the minibike often, but having an icon for it will definitely come in handy. Plus there's a couple other fixes here that will affect me... Thanks for the hard work y'all are still putting in

fazz68
03-11-2017, 01:07 PM
id love it if the constant rain and storm in the burnt biome is fixed. even on my random gen world on xbox its just a barrarge of noise in that area. it drives me mental.

i own both PC and xbox versions and love both of them. never lost a minibike but an icon to find it is a welcome feature and never had a base rewritten or do i play multiplayer so never seen many of the bugs people get. i dont expect any new content on console for a long time. im looking forward to A16 on pc and i know full well that Alpha will upset console players even more once its out. fortunately im in the position to experience it when it appears but many wont be. in my honest opinion i dont think an alpha build of a game should have been released as a finished game on console. it should have been put into the early access program on xbox but hey hoo... to late now.

davethebakerx2
03-11-2017, 01:33 PM
yep iron galaxy sucks. they have for years.

Ric Walker
03-11-2017, 02:55 PM
EDIT: Also just wanted to point out Ric, that I thought your post was very level-headed and fair and I'm mostly just using your comment as a way to say these things to the whole community so please don't think I'm scolding you or anything.

No offense taken.

I got plenty of review posts for my story chapters and written reviews to other writers. I know well how difficult it is to transport honest opinions without sounding harsh (or any other emotion the reader interprets in it wrongly).

Rouskei
03-11-2017, 03:04 PM
id love it if the constant rain and storm in the burnt biome is fixed. even on my random gen world on xbox its just a barrarge of noise in that area. it drives me mental.

i own both PC and xbox versions and love both of them. never lost a minibike but an icon to find it is a welcome feature and never had a base rewritten or do i play multiplayer so never seen many of the bugs people get. i dont expect any new content on console for a long time. im looking forward to A16 on pc and i know full well that Alpha will upset console players even more once its out. fortunately im in the position to experience it when it appears but many wont be. in my honest opinion i dont think an alpha build of a game should have been released as a finished game on console. it should have been put into the early access program on xbox but hey hoo... to late now.
Fun Pimps , name is seeming more ironic daily

Chapo31397
03-11-2017, 04:57 PM
hey man this is the only way to contact your team i guess , well it has been months and i never got my keys to get my game and i go check the missing key link and it says it is not ready yet , but damn it has been like 8 months

davethebakerx2
03-11-2017, 05:15 PM
of all my 100 pluss games the only game ive played more is dead island riptide. It's a life changing game. like how every borderlands game,dead rising game,assassins creed game feel sluggish and slow after playing dying light. even with all it's faults 7 days 2 die is still in my top 5 games.

texangator
03-12-2017, 08:45 AM
.. was my reaction when i read the title.
Then......
OH, only fixes :(
Where's the new dlc? I will pay for it.
Good for you dev's that you fixes so many bugs but it was better to wait six mo nths and then bring 7 days to die out on console.
You know Roland that gamers that play the game now for 3,4,5 or 6 months are disapoint and let the game go. Hey, don't blame us, the gamers, for let the game go after all the months!
I also wait almost 6 months, not posting reactions, waiting, waiting, waiting and more waiting, pppfffff
Its also time for me to let the game go :(

GlockuFy
03-12-2017, 08:55 AM
I know very well how game devellopment works and i know that most of the time people have unrealistic conceptions of time.

But there are some stuff on the current version that dont have bugs or would be diffcult to port/implement. Or do you remember any issues with the drawbridges or new cooking recepies, the farming?

And i Totally agree with you that the first Priority of a gaming Company should always be fixing problems.
But after more than half of the year all "new" since the release of console version was cosmetics (lightning and shades, draw distance, new textures, and now minibike icon)

As i said: those who are playing this game since that release are disappointed because the lack of new content for them.

What i am accusing the decision makers is the priority of new content and (TFP not included) the lack of comunication with the community. This is the only place we console players can share our thoughts, our wishes and our frustration (which i am sorry that TFP has to get the steam for it (hope you guys can deflect it to TT and IG that deserve it)).

Is it that difficult to communicate with the players Roland? I am blaming recently a lot of gaming companys for not comunicating with their Players. (you guys are a leading example of good behaviour and a model to other companys in this regard)

is it so difficult to make some polls what the community wants most? What is the greatest bug problem? What should be added next?
Or simple questions like: What is the thing you think the game lacks? What do you think about the story of the last DLC? and so on.

Is it really that difficult? Am i just a guy with unrealistic points?

Yeah I get the frustration.. I haven't played this game in 3-4 months now but I still come back to check the updates. Got excited when they released A15 Birds Nests, and then bummed with the rest.

Been modding Fallout and Skyrim while I'm waiting lol, I'll be back once some cool stuff is in the works. For now- I wait. XD

Ares GodOWar
03-12-2017, 09:45 AM
Damn still nothing to bring me back to the game..

While bug fixes are nice it is getting old the game have been out 9 months and all the bugs aren't fixed yet ?

We want something new A15 has been out on the PC for 6 months it's time to bring things over to the console because they are stable on A15

MutilatorJuice
03-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Damn still nothing to bring me back to the game..

While bug fixes are nice it is getting old the game have been out 9 months and all the bugs aren't fixed yet ?

We want something new A15 has been out on the PC for 6 months it's time to bring things over to the console because they are stable on A15

Sorry but it has been stated several times that they don't have to bring over any new content. I'd check back in 6 months realistically as most a15 stuff is still roughly programmed for the pc. So they won't port over something that is likely to be changed so soon.

R3FLeXxBoYZz
03-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Hello Clare.. is the multiplayer fix to in the patch? Good game

Roland
03-12-2017, 05:13 PM
You know Roland that gamers that play the game now for 3,4,5 or 6 months are disapoint and let the game go. Hey, don't blame us, the gamers, for let the game go after all the months!
I also wait almost 6 months, not posting reactions, waiting, waiting, waiting and more waiting, pppfffff
Its also time for me to let the game go :(

The game is not subscription based so it really doesn't matter if you "let it go". People let games go all the time. There is no need to make any sort of drama about players getting burnt out on a game and moving on to a new game. That is the most natural thing in the world. People leaving the game because they <gasp> played it for 100 hours and are now bored really has no impact especially with the console version where there are no 20-person servers to be filled. The game is designed primarily as a single player or co-operative experience with friends with a cap of 4 players. There are no dedicated servers at all and everything is peer-to-peer play which makes joining some random stranger's game that he could quit or even delete at any time a risky venture at best. So with no monthly stream of revenue to lose and no real online community of servers to try to keep populated the threat of someone's departure really has no meaning.

Plus, in the PC forums we have people returning to the game after being away for more than 2-years and absolutely becoming addicted again and there is no reason to believe that the console players would be any different.

Now, if TFP was trying to charge a monthly subscription or had official servers then people moving on to a new game would be worrisome but they aren't trying to do that. So go, my friend, and let the game go. It's okay. You probably have a stack of disks (and probably even cartridges) of games you've let go. Come back and check things out in 6 months to a year.....or not.

Damselx1
03-12-2017, 06:01 PM
gamers that play the game now for 3,4,5 or 6 months are disapoint and let the game go.(

Not everyone who has played for a long time has 'let the game go'. It's still the game I play the most and I've been playing it since it came out. Would I like to see more content? Of course I would, but I'd prefer they got the major fixes sorted before they start adding lots of new content to the game. For the 30.00 I paid for the game, I've definitely got my money's worth out of it so far.

Mregomies
03-12-2017, 06:40 PM
I havn't found nailgun or whole chainsaw so I still got something to hunt in this game (console version) thumbs up!

Damselx1
03-12-2017, 07:13 PM
I havn't found nailgun or whole chainsaw so I still got something to hunt in this game (console version) thumbs up!

Happy hunting!

epicleprichaun
03-12-2017, 07:47 PM
I think we need to calm down a little bit. The team is working very hard and they have to set priorities. I understand that some of us have never had the issues listed in these patch notes but a lot of the community has and it has caused lots of grief and frustration for them. These fixes were things that were much needed for the ones who fell victim to these bugs and if we stay patient the rest of the content and bug fixes will soon follow. @Clare thanks for the update and make sure your team knows that we do appreciate the hard work and regardless of whether each update takes 1 week, 6 weeks, 2 months, or whatever you guys are working very hard and doing a great job making sure this game is worth it for everyone.

Damselx1
03-12-2017, 08:14 PM
I think we need to calm down a little bit. The team is working very hard and they have to set priorities. I understand that some of us have never had the issues listed in these patch notes but a lot of the community has and it has caused lots of grief and frustration for them. These fixes were things that were much needed for the ones who fell victim to these bugs and if we stay patient the rest of the content and bug fixes will soon follow. @Clare thanks for the update and make sure your team knows that we do appreciate the hard work and regardless of whether each update takes 1 week, 6 weeks, 2 months, or whatever you guys are working very hard and doing a great job making sure this game is worth it for everyone.

Very well said. My experience has certainly been positive and Clare works very hard to help people, even when they are giving minimal details or just being downright rude. It's also worth considering that, even though some of us haven't experienced the more serious bugs, such as the terrain resetting, it doesn't mean we couldn't experience it in the future. These bug fixes are making for a more stable game for everyone to enjoy.

Wolf_elmeira
03-12-2017, 10:39 PM
Great patch thanx for the update tea .

The mini bike icon is a plus thats great .

I thought the sudden zombie spawn was some sort of a sleepers mechanic with no animations (jumpscares me to death).

xchevyxgirlx
03-13-2017, 07:46 AM

LMAO you got to be kidding. Jealous of the mini bike icon!?!? PC has loads of new features to keep them busy plus other update on the way! Us consoles got signs and icon bike on the way. Yes I know there different teams working PC and consoles. It's still Fun Pimps game and they need to step up to the mess they allowed Iron Galaxy and Telltale's to created. Console player's feel like we we're just money grab 😢. No news of them of even trying work a15 for consoles... We just left in dark with patches. Until I see some progress made this game DOOMED on consoles 😔

Spartan 117561
03-13-2017, 08:14 AM
LMAO you got to be kidding. Jealous of the mini bike icon!?!? PC has loads of new features to keep them busy plus other update on the way! Us consoles got signs and icon bike on the way. Yes I know there different teams working PC and consoles. It's still Fun Pimps game and they need to step up to the mess they allowed Iron Galaxy and Telltale's to created. Console player's feel like we we're just money grab 😢. No news of them of even trying work a15 for consoles... We just left in dark with patches. Until I see some progress made this game DOOMED on consoles 😔

I don't even use minibikes but I would grind for weeks to build the powered traps they got coming out for PC. But our time will come when get that. It will be worth the wait so take easy.

Rouskei
03-13-2017, 12:19 PM
The game is not subscription based so it really doesn't matter if you "let it go". People let games go all the time. There is no need to make any sort of drama about players getting burnt out on a game and moving on to a new game. That is the most natural thing in the world. People leaving the game because they <gasp> played it for 100 hours and are now bored really has no impact especially with the console version where there are no 20-person servers to be filled. The game is designed primarily as a single player or co-operative experience with friends with a cap of 4 players. There are no dedicated servers at all and everything is peer-to-peer play which makes joining some random stranger's game that he could quit or even delete at any time a risky venture at best. So with no monthly stream of revenue to lose and no real online community of servers to try to keep populated the threat of someone's departure really has no meaning.

Plus, in the PC forums we have people returning to the game after being away for more than 2-years and absolutely becoming addicted again and there is no reason to believe that the console players would be any different.

Now, if TFP was trying to charge a monthly subscription or had official servers then people moving on to a new game would be worrisome but they aren't trying to do that. So go, my friend, and let the game go. It's okay. You probably have a stack of disks (and probably even cartridges) of games you've let go. Come back and check things out in 6 months to a year.....or not.

It doesnt matter because we cant get refunds lol, literally. Those of us who didnt get hard copy are even more lol.

Rouskei
03-13-2017, 12:23 PM
LMAO you got to be kidding. Jealous of the mini bike icon!?!? PC has loads of new features to keep them busy plus other update on the way! Us consoles got signs and icon bike on the way. Yes I know there different teams working PC and consoles. It's still Fun Pimps game and they need to step up to the mess they allowed Iron Galaxy and Telltale's to created. Console player's feel like we we're just money grab ��. No news of them of even trying work a15 for consoles... We just left in dark with patches. Until I see some progress made this game DOOMED on consoles ��
LMAO exactly wtf kind of nonsense , jealous of a minibike con looool this was my thought reading it. And 100 hours for a survival game is pitiful Roland, ive played longer single players.

Funkinstein
03-13-2017, 01:35 PM
I just want to say that I do remember quite a few Q&A's a while back MM did say he told IG to stop adding features and fix their bugs and make the game playable for everyone because he was he was getting hate mail for their crap.

Remembering that, it is understandable that we shouldn't be getting features until IG fixes the stuff they broke porting it over.

It's also reasonable to understand that everyone posting their displeasure about the bugs and patches isn't because they hate TFP. It's because we actually love the game and want it to get better, like we know it should be.

The yucca change, signs, and other things that have come since MM had the meeting with IG got everyone use to a new addition almost every patch. The minibike icon is one of those additions as well, like it or not.

Most people, myself included, keep up with the pc development because we want to know what is coming. It gets us excited. No one can expect us to not get excited about it. Is our timeline unrealistic? Kind of. Kind of not. We see what's broke on PC, and what works well enough thanks to YouTubers. We want that amazement and fun the PC guys have. But most of us are grown-ups and know ♥♥♥♥ don't work out the way we want. Doesn't mean we have to like it, but it's the cold hard truth.

I will end with saying, I look forward to what this game will become, whenever that may be. Thank you Clare and Roland for at least keeping us in the loop, but do try to take it easy on us and our want of better things. We know you want them too. And for the rest of the community, remember this. All communication and care for expanding the console version could stop today and we'd be ♥♥♥♥ out of luck without the TFP team pushing and being here for us.

I'm not sucking up, just trying to put to rest the ♥♥♥♥ storm I started over this patch. Sorry everybody.

Rastapog
03-13-2017, 02:09 PM
Hi !!
Thank for this news patch
& GG for mini bike icon

CCLnI
03-13-2017, 02:46 PM
Just yesterday had my minibike dissapear 14:00 on horde day a long way from home with a basket fulla loot. Those icons n fixes are worth the wait if it means I dont have that to look forward to again.
Keep up the good work.
Looking forward to the next installment.

Clare
03-13-2017, 03:26 PM
For those asking, the minibike Icon will work for bikes already in the world. If the bike is stuck below ground it will get an icon and you can dig it out. However if the bike was lost entirely from a crash, this fix will not make it reappear. It will only help losses in future crashes.

Ianelmo
03-13-2017, 03:54 PM
For those asking, the minibike Icon will work for bikes already in the world. If the bike is stuck below ground it will get an icon and you can dig it out. However if the bike was lost entirely from a crash, this fix will not make it reappear. It will only help losses in future crashes.

Is the new patch out or when will we see it?

Lowensohn
03-13-2017, 03:56 PM
The latest patch is right up my alley. My son's private game disconnects a lot. We've lost 3 minis in less than a week. This is a God-send.
:tears_of_joy: Thanks Clare.

Boidster
03-13-2017, 04:11 PM
Thanks IG, TFP, and TTG for turning all of the lost minibikes into extra treasure hunts! The minibike icons will save me time running around the forest like an idiot because I forgot to put a quick waypoint where my bike is hiding. Yeah, new content would have been nice, but keep plugging away. I'm glad the game continues to receive at least a little bit of work.

Clare
03-13-2017, 04:15 PM
Is the new patch out or when will we see it?

Not yet, this post is to announce the patch has been sent on to Sony and MS for approval. When it is released (hopefully sometime this week) they'll be a second announcement.

Wjiiv
03-13-2017, 05:11 PM
I Dont really get the whole, ive got 1000 hours in this game and now i dont get get free content. You guys suck! Lol.

Yes. I still play. Did i get a little burnt out. Sure. More than worth what i paid for it and any additional content is just icing on this awesome cake. So thank you for the continued work and updates.

Enjoy the free fallout dlcs..
Oh wait....

Pvt Partts227
03-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Does this update effect current saves or do we need to make new game saves for the update to take effect when it comes out?

SylenThunder
03-13-2017, 05:38 PM
You should not have to start a new map, so it will work with existing saves.

Platypusmuerte
03-13-2017, 07:32 PM
Love hearing about fixes, and progress. However, not ready to play again until I hear progress being made against areas/chunks completely being reset causing complete loss of anything not in inventory.

Happy for the update, and work done in it. Still completely feel the lack of TTG and IG communication on the MD5 issue is absolutely unacceptable.

I get it, its an amazingly difficult task to resolve it, but this issue completely resets a saves terrain/objects. Cannot think of another game that is OK with weeks of progress just poofing away, and customers having to just 'do it again'.

On PC, sure, totally acceptable because its Alpha. However, on console this is not the case. Simply saying sorry we're working on it via Clare (again, damn glad we have Clare here for certain!) is not fair to her, or the customers.

TTG+IG needs to speak up on this.

Wonder what happens if we start posting in the general section on TTG forums about 7DTD problems?

DyLemmaRL
03-13-2017, 08:20 PM
Love hearing about fixes, and progress. However, not ready to play again until I hear progress being made against areas/chunks completely being reset causing complete loss of anything not in inventory.

Happy for the update, and work done in it. Still completely feel the lack of TTG and IG communication on the MD5 issue is absolutely unacceptable.

I get it, its an amazingly difficult task to resolve it, but this issue completely resets a saves terrain/objects. Cannot think of another game that is OK with weeks of progress just poofing away, and customers having to just 'do it again'.

On PC, sure, totally acceptable because its Alpha. However, on console this is not the case. Simply saying sorry we're working on it via Clare (again, damn glad we have Clare here for certain!) is not fair to her, or the customers.

TTG+IG needs to speak up on this.

Wonder what happens if we start posting in the general section on TTG forums about 7DTD problems?

I agree. There is really 0 point of playing unless you love that you lose everything you've worked on every day! It's a ridiculous bug and severely game breaking. The game isn't playable until this is fixed. Bought the game, me and my 2 friends quit 2 days later because I can't handle the game crashing every 2 hours and praying that everything isn't deleted. After a few crashes, poof there goes everything. Rebuild and re-loot! Have fun! Any kind of update is obviously appreciated but missing the point that you need to work on this and NOTHING else. It should be #1 priority BY FAR.

skippy0330
03-13-2017, 08:45 PM
First!

BunnyMaster
03-13-2017, 09:44 PM

I've found exactly one NailGun lol. I treat it like the holy grail. 😄

BunnyMaster
03-13-2017, 09:54 PM
I'm encouraged by the patch announcement. For what it's worth, I haven't had an MD5 error since I've switched to the "what" random map seed. Probably just lucky I guess.

Armorednight
03-13-2017, 10:04 PM
To Clare and the hard working folks at TFP, IG, and TTG,.. thank you fir a great game. 7DTD Is a far more fun and ingaging game than most triple A games!! I play both XBOX ONE and PC versions. My wife and I Love them both. Thanks again!!

POUND YOU SILLY
03-13-2017, 10:30 PM
I need to know if this fixes the MD5 errors. If not then there's no point of playing

LargeInfant
03-13-2017, 10:48 PM
Great work on the update guys. Minibike icons will be very useful!

But i'm still astounded by the whinging and complaining that goes on. This is the first game i have ever played (and I've been playing games since the late 80's) that a developer is actually keeping in as much contact with the community as TFP do. I applaud the efforts of Clare and the gang.

Ive also played lots of games that I have lost interest with and then returned in 6 months or so with renewed vigour. To be honest I'm kinda heading that way with 7D. But instead of whinging and complaining at Clare and the gang (new band name btw), I'm gonna take a break for a bit, keep tabs on the forums for news and announcements and then revisit it again later on down the track

But I'm not angry that i have to do this. Im only on day 200 or so on my main map so i definitely have got my money worth so far.

I suggest you do the same thing if you're getting frustrated at the game

Jackelmyer
03-13-2017, 10:50 PM
So I dropped off the forum for a while but this patch and the POI patch are urging me to throw in 2 cents.

I was one of those who switched over to PC because I couldn't handle all the bugs, missing POI's (at the time), and minimal content as compared to PC... Which, even now, is the right call for me.

However... The areas you guys are focusing on in these latest rounds of patches... <clap clap clap>.

Well done.

Frustration is a huge game killer. And upon release, 7D2D, was notably frustrating. It doesn't help to watch the PC version rocket off to becoming a cool new world entirely. But the state that 7D2D was in upon release to console, and for a while there after, didn't help the matter.

POI fixes and Mini Bike fixes. Excellent choices to resolve. For those of you who didn't start playing 7D2D till recently, you've no idea how empty a world 7D2D console was prior to the POI fixes. That essentially was a content update.

The mini bike vanishing issue and a map icon for the bike? Having started on Console and now being a PC 7D2D'er (I don't care of 'er works there or not), that's huge. From a console perspective, not having the mini bike left MUCH of the 7D2D world undiscovered and untouched. From a PC perspective, the icon is bloody neat. I'd finally be able to stop erecting towers to the "Find My Bike Again" gods in the wilderness. How delightful that would be!

So... Long story short (to late), well done guys. Glad to see the progress. And honestly, I'd love to come back into the console world again as frankly, I like the controls on console a lot better. The quick buttons are freaking delicious...

MutilatorJuice
03-14-2017, 02:26 AM
First!

You sure are big guy. Just subscribed btw. You are one hell of a builder and I thought I was good. Keep up the good work.

Quaidwillhelp
03-14-2017, 03:31 AM

That's awesome and all and I appreciative the team doing everything they can. But PC has a heck of a lot more stuff then the console probably ever will get

EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy
03-14-2017, 05:19 AM
I need to know if this fixes the MD5 errors. If not then there's no point of playing

If there's no mention of it in the patch notes then it's very unlikely. - Are you playing on PS4? If you are, you should back-up your saved data on to a USB then that way you won't need to worry about the MD5 errors ever again! You'll be able to play the game stress free. :)

kingnoone
03-14-2017, 06:04 AM
It will let me clean up my world people join and leave mini bikes everywhere. I'm also looking forward to being able to use the AK. I got like 3 of them but I can't use them because of the sound glitch Thank you for all your hard work.

EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy
03-14-2017, 06:06 AM

Good question.

Only one way to find out.

TO THE TELLTALE FORUMS!

Mregomies
03-14-2017, 06:30 AM
I've found exactly one NailGun lol. I treat it like the holy grail. ��
Nice! you just gave me hope!

Roland
03-14-2017, 06:31 AM
That's awesome and all and I appreciative the team doing everything they can. But PC has a heck of a lot more stuff then the console probably ever will get

Well, yeah....which is why you've gotta have pride about what little you have over them.

Woohoo! Local Splitscreen!!
Woohoo! Full controller support!!
Woohoo! Minibike Marker!!

That's three more things than it could've been.... ;)

Pvt Partts227
03-14-2017, 12:45 PM
What ppl don't realize is that before they bring pc stuff over to console they have to make console crash free first then add more content. Ppl should stop complaining about not having stuff in the game or comparing it to the pc version.

ZombieHoG
03-14-2017, 01:43 PM

Wonder how many 'lost' minibikes will reappear :).
To come to my point: the minibike icon on the map.
I understand this is important for the most of you out there. But for me it was quite cool not having one: if you jump off your bike, because of something and then run somewhere else because of something and then smash some heads it's totally normal to search for your bike. I will miss the need of remembering (or marking) the spot you placed your bike...
So this brings me to my question:
Is there an intent to make this (or these if you take i.e. mininghelmet lights) switchable in the options?

Clare
03-14-2017, 02:17 PM
o This can be toggled on or off in the game settings for local and private games

Tada! I'll have to check if this is all Icons or just ownership Icons though....

Acoons1
03-14-2017, 02:34 PM
I figured this is kinda like when you park your car and you hit the lock button a hundred times to find it, at least that's my justification ☺

ZombieHoG
03-14-2017, 02:40 PM
I figured this is kinda like when you park your car and you hit the lock button a hundred times to find it, at least that's my justification ☺

Have you ever tried a car build in the 80's or early 90's ;). It's and endtime minibike, it should have no fancy electronics (imagine finding a certified garage)

ZombieHoG
03-14-2017, 03:34 PM
Tada! I'll have to check if this is all Icons or just ownership Icons though....

please wait with this (you're a busy person :) )... let the patch speak for this.
i reread the changenotes and chances are good, that this will work like i wanted it to... my bad ;(

Clare
03-14-2017, 03:54 PM
please wait with this (you're a busy person :) )... let the patch speak for this.
i reread the changenotes and chances are good, that this will work like i wanted it to... my bad ;(

But....I have the answer....

ZombieHoG
03-14-2017, 04:43 PM
then, if you like to, kill my thrill of anticipation and bring it on...

Clare
03-14-2017, 05:41 PM
then, if you like to, kill my thrill of anticipation and bring it on...

Gosh make me feel bad whydoncha!

Totally not telling now. You can just wait 2 hours.