PDA

View Full Version : [03/14] Message from the Team - Patch 8 going LIVE today! (Notes Included)

Clare
03-14-2017, 04:47 PM
Greetings All!

Patch 8 should be going live today at around 12pm PST (That's 7pm for us GMT folks). Below are the notes in case you missed them and a message from the team.

The usual bit:
- NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated
- do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.
- keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.
- please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.
- I do NOT have further info on A15 features (check the sticky in General Discussion for all current info) or updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 8.0
PS4 Version 1.11
XB1 Version 1.0.11.0

Patch 8 roll-out begins today! In a matter of hours you’ll have all the bug fixes and improvements listed below. We hope you enjoy!

Bug Fixes and Improvements

* Minibike Map Icons – In this patch we tracked down the cause of minibikes disappearing after a crash and changed the way minibike data is saved in order to remove the chances of this happening again in the future. In addition to this, we are adding minibike icons to the map and compass. This should help you locate where the minibike is during gameplay as well as after a crash:
o Minibikes that have been claimed by a player (by that player adding a padlock to that minibike’s parts menu) will appear on the minimap and compass to that player only
o Minibikes that are unclaimed will appear to all players
o This can be toggled on or off in the game settings for local and private games
o When “On,” Minibikes that have not been claimed by a player through use of a Padlock will be visible to all players on the Map.

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue that was causing some POIs to change into other POIs after reentering a game session

* Fixed an issue that was occasionally causing Minibikes to vanish after a crash

* Fixed an issue that was causing a small group of zombies to spawn suddenly at a POI the first time a player would approach it

* Fixed an issue that would cause the number of items to craft input box to be rest when crafting multiple stacks of quickly created items

* Fixed an issue that was preventing signs from being picked up once they had been dropped

* Fixed an issue that was causing food to not increase fullness

* Fixed an issue that was allowing Pipe Bombs and Dynamite Sticks to be able to be used infinitely if exploded while in the player’s hand

* Fixed an issue that was causing all words on signs to be censored upon disconnection of an Ethernet cable

* Fixed an issue that was preventing players from interacting with signs when they were placed above doors

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the Animal Hide Leg armor from being displayed on the character model

* Fixed an issue that was causing the SFX of automatic tools to loop when they were switched out mid-use

* Fixed an issue that was causing the AK47 SFX to loop upon its first time being fired

System/Stability

* Fixed a crash that would occur upon the host restarting a game session when too many client signs had been placed

* Fixed an issue that was allowing gas cans to be smelted and (in the case of a large stack being added to the smelter) causing long hitches

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when a user would mash B/Circle and A/Cross in split screen multiplayer

* Fixed an issue that was causing an unresponsive state when rapidly dismissing connection error messages in the Continue Game menu

* Fixed an issue that was causing the game to enter an unresponsive state if a client’s joining process was interrupted

Thank you, as always, for all of your continued support! It is a delight to develop for a community as dedicated as y’all. Enjoy Patch 8!

Lonewolf918
03-14-2017, 04:54 PM
Thanks Clare for the info. Love this community and the staff. They work hard so we can play hard. Small changes that make a big difference at the end of the day.

Eddyjr2008
03-14-2017, 05:09 PM
Seems to me that the previous patch notes for patch 8 was pretty comprehensive. Hehehe. Lol. Nice stuff, I'm glad this'll help others play. I can try out the minibike now without fear of losing it which is pretty sweet. I have some of the parts but the others might call for Eddy Quest 3.0.

Clare
03-14-2017, 05:21 PM
I hope this Eddy Quest is considerably shorter than your last ones.

Mregomies
03-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Omg! Livestream night!

WonderlustKing6
03-14-2017, 06:09 PM
I know you say you have no news about multiplayer issues, but when is there going to be a fix for people not being able to connect to eachother? its been well over 6 months now its getting ridiculous

Eddyjr2008
03-14-2017, 06:09 PM
I hope this Eddy Quest is considerably shorter than your last ones.

Haha. Me too Clare, me too. Im afraid to ever start a new game cause I finally got my garden up and runnin. Lol.

Rastapog
03-14-2017, 06:17 PM
Hi Clare !!

Thank for this new update :)

JrBradley
03-14-2017, 06:58 PM
I know you say you have no news about multiplayer issues, but when is there going to be a fix for people not being able to connect to eachother? its been well over 6 months now its getting ridiculous

I feel the same as you, however as has been stated in other topics, it is not an easy to find issue, the team have not been able to recreate it themselves, it seems to be an isolated problem, meaning the more information the people who are having the connection issue can provide on their setup (provider, up/down speeds, router, modem ect.) The sooner we will get a fix, so far i have provided all i can with the limited knowledge i have about electronics. I will try playing on this update as i have on every update that has came out to see if something else they fixed got lucky and fixed my connection problem

TNorthern
03-14-2017, 07:41 PM
Did anyone get the patch

twiztid
03-14-2017, 08:08 PM
Yes i did

Scarface69
03-14-2017, 10:08 PM
Or it patches my games that I have started already

Damselx1
03-14-2017, 10:09 PM
Or it patches my games that I have started already

No need to restart with this patch, you can carry on with your current map(s)

Acoons1
03-14-2017, 10:27 PM
Does the minibike icon only show up if you're close to it? Of can you see one across the map?

KaleEstenzo
03-15-2017, 02:57 AM
Awesome! Please pass on my appreciation to the staffs. :)

Semper Shy
03-15-2017, 03:09 AM
Didn't see it in the update notes, but were ambient noises added as part of the update? Whenever I go to the wasteland biome I find myself now hearing distant ghostly voices, wind chimes and other creepy noises following the new update! :biggrin-new: Regardless if it was some bug fix that allowed me to hear these effects that have always been there or if they were simply added as a result of an update, I can say that this new addition makes the game so much more immersive! Thanks so much!

gelobledo
03-15-2017, 06:28 AM
glad you fixed AK BUT smg did same thing does the AK fix also cover this gun as well. And can we expect new features after alpha 16 out im kinda disapointed console is never talked about feel like im in the dark. keep up good work love the game.

ps : 4 player splitscreen or online splitscreen would be awesome i got two consoles so the latter would be better🙂

Clare
03-15-2017, 07:54 AM

I understand the frustration, and I believe there will be a fix, but because it is likely a common factor in hardware which is very difficult to track down, it is taking time. But they are still investigating, testing and working on the issue. We really do appreciate all info the community gives us. Even in the past 2 months some new info has come to light that we can use. You never know where the next bit will come from.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the minibike icon only show up if you're close to it? Of can you see one across the map?

I haven't had a chance to test it yet but I assume it works like a backpack icon. Any players who've found old bikes know the answer to this?

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't see it in the update notes, but were ambient noises added as part of the update? Whenever I go to the wasteland biome I find myself now hearing distant ghostly voices, wind chimes and other creepy noises following the new update! :biggrin-new: Regardless if it was some bug fix that allowed me to hear these effects that have always been there or if they were simply added as a result of an update, I can say that this new addition makes the game so much more immersive! Thanks so much!

Hmmm this might have been part of whatever audio update helped the AK loop. Either way that's really cool! Glad you like it.

Clare
03-15-2017, 08:02 AM
glad you fixed AK BUT smg did same thing does the AK fix also cover this gun as well. And can we expect new features after alpha 16 out im kinda disapointed console is never talked about feel like im in the dark. keep up good work love the game.

The AK fix should fix SMG too. Did you restart your console after the update? Or unplug for 5 mins to clear the cache? If it still occurs after this please submit a bug report so I can look into it.

New features are not based on PC version. They are ported over when they are finished on PC. If a feature is finished and can come over, I'm sure they'll start working on it asap. But because of the porting process I can't tell you if it's the next patch, or 5 patches from now.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad so many of you are happy with the patch. Thank you for your continued support :congratulatory:

Panda2002
03-15-2017, 08:52 AM
Isn't it typical that 7hours before the patch came out the game crashed while I was off my bike and now I've done the update and loaded in the game my bike is nowhere to be seen. All this time I've had no problems with my bike vanishing then it happens just before the patch.
It's like that old joke 'He had one day left till retirement' :/

MutilatorJuice
03-15-2017, 09:00 AM
Isn't it typical that 7hours before the patch came out the game crashed while I was off my bike and now I've done the update and loaded in the game my bike is nowhere to be seen. All this time I've had no problems with my bike vanishing then it happens just before the patch.

Lol sorry. Sometimes bad luck just seems to find us.

Clare
03-15-2017, 10:35 AM
It would've been a nice retirement too... I heard there was going to be cake.

Sorry for you loss... There must be a Murphy's Law that can be attributed to minibikes...

Panda2002
03-15-2017, 10:52 AM

Sorry for you loss... There must be a Murphy's Law that can be attributed to minibikes...

Lol sorry. Sometimes bad luck just seems to find us.

lol It better have been a flawless cake haha ...... I wonder if all those minibikes have gone to the same place as lost socks?

Clare
03-15-2017, 11:23 AM
It's a known fact if you put a minibike in a washing machine you wont get it back.

ZombieHoG
03-15-2017, 12:25 PM
i always lose one tire only!

Clare
03-15-2017, 12:54 PM
You'll find it eventually, likely tucked inside a backpack you haven't used for months =P

OX75
03-15-2017, 01:59 PM
I've never posted here before but I figured someone would want to know this happened to me after 1.11

I was parked just outside of Gravestown when I went to leave I was completely out of gas. Went to fill it up and every single part was at zero durability. Went and got repair kits and fixed everything. Ran to a chest to load up and never come back , and then my battery was completely dead again. Repaired it and filled up with gas. Started north and ran out of gas. Now it takes just 4 units of gas to fill up the tank to 100% which lasts about 10-15 seconds before you've got to refuel again.

I haven't seen anyone else having any problems since the patch so here I am. Forums noob

Funkinstein
03-15-2017, 02:10 PM
*grabs popcorn and puts minibike keys back on hook*

SilvenWolf
03-15-2017, 02:29 PM
I've never posted here before but I figured someone would want to know this happened to me after 1.11

I was parked just outside of Gravestown when I went to leave I was completely out of gas. Went to fill it up and every single part was at zero durability. Went and got repair kits and fixed everything. Ran to a chest to load up and never come back , and then my battery was completely dead again. Repaired it and filled up with gas. Started north and ran out of gas. Now it takes just 4 units of gas to fill up the tank to 100% which lasts about 10-15 seconds before you've got to refuel again.

I haven't seen anyone else having any problems since the patch so here I am. Forums noob

PS4 or Xbox ?
Did you try logging out and back in again?
What about dismantling and re assembling?

Clare
03-15-2017, 02:33 PM

Sorry you're having trouble with your bike.

Please use the guide provided https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting to create a new post in Console Bug Reports section.

Lxsp33dyxL
03-15-2017, 02:37 PM
OK so I'm new to the threads and don't know where to post this and hope it finds the right person or persons.
So I'm fairly new to the game as sad as it is but I'm glade to be playing and streaming this game , my son and I darted playing together doing streams and all and love it , we've put in long hours and days into this game already mind you he's only 8 but he's a boss at gaming and streaming . Anyways so we've put in so much time and effort in building our base and getting material's and we were on a roll when the game glitches and when we loaded in again every thing and I mean everything was gone not just a bike not just a small part but everything and all that time and effort was for nothing and to top it off now my son doesn't want to play the game anymore or stream this game with me because of it.
Yeah Im a older gamer and just dealt with it and started another world by myself and it's ok and all but I miss my son and dad time on this game it had taken me away from my normal games like destiny , call of duty zombies, battlefield , and if you can imagine this game is no where like those so that's big for me plus different from my viewers and followers but they loved and supported out father son streams on this so is there any way I can get some help please I'm begging not cause I lost my stuff but more importantly I lost my father son game time.

Pvt Partts227
03-15-2017, 03:00 PM
Since the update on split screen my wife had a minibike at one of our bases and idk how but the update made our bike duplicate. She would get on and drive away and a bike would remain in the place she drove from. We now have 20 plus bikes unlimited. Lol

Lxsp33dyxL
03-15-2017, 03:04 PM
OK so I'm new to the threads and don't know where to post this and hope it finds the right person or persons.
So I'm fairly new to the game as sad as it is but I'm glade to be playing and streaming this game , my son and I darted playing together doing streams and all and love it , we've put in long hours and days into this game already mind you he's only 8 but he's a boss at gaming and streaming . Anyways so we've put in so much time and effort in building our base and getting material's and we were on a roll when the game glitches and when we loaded in again every thing and I mean everything was gone not just a bike not just a small part but everything and all that time and effort was for nothing and to top it off now my son doesn't want to play the game anymore or stream this game with me because of it.
Yeah Im a older gamer and just dealt with it and started another world by myself and it's ok and all but I miss my son and dad time on this game it had taken me away from my normal games like destiny , call of duty zombies, battlefield , and if you can imagine this game is no where like those so that's big for me plus different from my viewers and followers but they loved and supported out father son streams on this so is there any way I can get some help please I'm begging not cause I lost my stuff but more importantly I lost my father son game time.

OX75
03-15-2017, 03:29 PM
PS4 or Xbox ?
Did you try logging out and back in again?
What about dismantling and re assembling?

I haven't had much time to try those suggestions but I will as soon as I get chance. Thanks! PS4 single player

ZombieHoG
03-15-2017, 03:30 PM
Since the update on split screen my wife had a minibike at one of our bases and idk how but the update made our bike duplicate. She would get on and drive away and a bike would remain in the place she drove from. We now have 20 plus bikes unlimited. Lol

Ahhhh, you got all the lost minibikes :)
All minibikes with the same stats (engine durability etc.)?

OX75
03-15-2017, 03:37 PM
Sorry you're having trouble with your bike.

Please use the guide provided https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting to create a new post in Console Bug Reports section.

I'll do the bug report as soon as I get time. Thank you!

I honestly don't mind walking and if I have to park the bike for a while, it won't kill me. I love this game and I've probably easily put 600+ hours in through a few different playthroughs. The bike wasn't something I relied on too much anyway.

courgi
03-15-2017, 03:41 PM
Seems like this patch bumped up the difficulty. Got two daytime ferals and and a few screamers that called a cop. Good change.

Clare
03-15-2017, 04:18 PM

Hi Lxsp33dyxL

I'm sorry to hear your base was hit with an MD5 error. All informtion on these errors can be found here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?50175-Known-Issue-Terrain-Rewriting

If you would like to provide us with your details or discuss it futher, you can post at the link above or in a new post in the Console Bug Reports area. Pease use the guide provided when doing so - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting

Posts need time for moderator approval, so please don't double post. It may take some time for them to show on the page but we will get to approving them.

Clare

- - - Updated - - -

Hurrah for multiple bikes! But uh... would you mind filling out a report in the Console Bug Reports section? 20+ bikes might start to take it's toll on the game...

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhhh, you got all the lost minibikes :)
All minibikes with the same stats (engine durability etc.)?

We knew they'd have to turn up eventually...

- - - Updated - - -

I'll do the bug report as soon as I get time. Thank you!

I honestly don't mind walking and if I have to park the bike for a while, it won't kill me. I love this game and I've probably easily put 600+ hours in through a few different playthroughs. The bike wasn't something I relied on too much anyway.

No problemo! I appreciate you taking the time to do so when you get a chance. Best to nip bugs in the bud before the happen for more people :)

Pvt Partts227
03-15-2017, 04:26 PM
Yeah I checked the bikes and they all are the same stats they even had buckets in the basket and they duplicate as Well when the bike was driven away. I'll post this on the big reports page.

Warliss
03-15-2017, 04:27 PM

That's funny, cause the same exact thing happened to me.

Heard about(not approved yet) update, got a crash, bike disappeared...I was like, "I sure could use that icon right now" LMAO.

First time it ever happened to me...It was like the game knew the update was coming and was prepping my appreciation for it. LOL

XxUnkn0wnxX
03-15-2017, 05:08 PM
seriously only Minibike icons is the new feature? by the time we get A15 it would be 3+ years if we only get 1 new feature every 2-3 months...

gotta a feeling that 7D2D is going the same direction as Minecraft 3-4 Years till completion before the full version came out on console sigh...

Glimpse
03-15-2017, 07:22 PM

The best cakes are made from the tears of people who have lost minibikes.

Or, it could be like our server where someone just takes a bike at random...

http://i.imgur.com/sHyUgqG.jpg

MutilatorJuice
03-15-2017, 10:15 PM
The best cakes are made from the tears of people who have lost minibikes.

Or, it could be like our server where someone just takes a bike at random...

http://i.imgur.com/sHyUgqG.jpg

Awesome lol That is priceless and such a nice gesture

Acoons1
03-15-2017, 11:06 PM
Are you on a server with Grand Spartan?

Glimpse
03-16-2017, 12:21 AM
Are you on a server with Grand Spartan?

Yes indeed. I'm Glimpse who he keeps talking about in his videos. :)

Jon Dillinger
03-16-2017, 03:14 PM
That's funny, cause the same exact thing happened to me.

Heard about(not approved yet) update, got a crash, bike disappeared...I was like, "I sure could use that icon right now" LMAO.

First time it ever happened to me...It was like the game knew the update was coming and was prepping my appreciation for it. LOL

LOL same here , i actually lost it twice was scavenging a town in the wasteland biome and left the mini bike in from of a gas station came back and it was gone had a hunch and dug under the the gas stations foundations and low a behold my mini bike falls out of the foundation and i ride away to loot a another town got looting fatigue took a break and lost it the next time i loaded that game back up miles away from my home base lucky me i was in a looting frenzy i was a looting stores and throwing loot into storage box's stashed around town so not very much loot was in the mini bike just gas had like 25 barrels in the basket , and all i could say was "cool i guess i can work on my athletics"

Acoons1
03-16-2017, 10:16 PM
That's awesome! I've been watching him for a while. Your server is sick. Keep it up!

matrixneo42
03-17-2017, 03:47 PM
This is pretty awesome. I would love to see one more thing though. The shop from the PC version. Being able to sell all the extra stuff I get in order to buy ammo is a fantastic ability. I can't wait to see that on console.

xFordCookx
03-17-2017, 11:10 PM
Any ideal if they know or have said anything about being able to craft machetes in the game or ovens/stoves, sinks I know it sounds dumb I ask that but it looks dumb when u try to build a house set up without a sink just the faucet lol

Panda2002
03-18-2017, 09:41 AM
Since the update I've had a couple of environmental resets but I noticed on the 7 Days to Die Xbox Facebook group I'm on that there are also quite a few others seeming to have them since the update. Is this a coincidence or has there been an increase in reporting these errors since the update?

Is it worth me reporting these incidents in the bugs section?

MutilatorJuice
03-18-2017, 09:49 AM
Since the update I've had a couple of environmental resets but I noticed on the 7 Days to Die Xbox Facebook group I'm on that there are also quite a few others seeming to have them since the update. Is this a coincidence or has there been an increase in reporting these errors since the update?

Is it worth me reporting these incidents in the bugs section?

Absolutely. They would like any and all the info you have on your game. It may not seem like much but it helps when everyone does it.

MutilatorJuice
03-18-2017, 09:53 AM
Any ideal if they know or have said anything about being able to craft machetes in the game or ovens/stoves, sinks I know it sounds dumb I ask that but it looks dumb when u try to build a house set up without a sink just the faucet lol

Machetes are meant to be rare and I don't see that changing. It you could make them, it would take away the thrill of finding one. Ovens/stoves would be more likely since it's kinda something that makes a house a house.

EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy
03-18-2017, 01:21 PM
* Fixed an issue that was causing a small group of zombies to spawn suddenly at a POI the first time a player would approach it

This is still happening on my game. So, I guess, it hasn't been fixed at all.

I'm also noticing that zombies are getting stuck on trees and one block high obstacles. They just stand there repeatedly jumping up and down... :S

EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy
03-18-2017, 02:54 PM
Ovens/stoves would be more likely since it's kinda something that makes a house a house.

Exactly,
Surprisingly ovens and sinks are not already in the game.

Panda2002
03-18-2017, 03:55 PM
Absolutely. They would like any and all the info you have on your game. It may not seem like much but it helps when everyone does it.

Thanks - I just didn't know if it was worth reporting something they already know about if it was mere coincidence that it seems to be happening a lot after the update.

McJeepers
03-19-2017, 04:29 PM
This is still happening on my game. So, I guess, it hasn't been fixed at all.

I'm also noticing that zombies are getting stuck on trees and one block high obstacles. They just stand there repeatedly jumping up and down... :S

Same here, doesn't bother me I guess, but a spider got stuck between a 50 pillar and spike in my pit and just sat there til I shot him.

xFordCookx
03-20-2017, 04:49 AM
Are any of u having problems with them not falling down the pit trapts ( if u build them ) I have a pit that they just stop on the edge of and spin in circles so I put a ramp in to try and get them to just slide right in and they still just stop and spin right before it don't know what to do

Glimpse
03-20-2017, 05:53 AM
Are any of u having problems with them not falling down the pit trapts ( if u build them ) I have a pit that they just stop on the edge of and spin in circles so I put a ramp in to try and get them to just slide right in and they still just stop and spin right before it don't know what to do

You need to be in a center structure for pit traps to work. Zombies won't dive bomb unless they are running for you and fall off.

Edit: Just noticed this was console. They're not going to take fall damage on console regardless.

Funkinstein
03-20-2017, 01:11 PM
Actually fall damage is on consoles. I watch dogs fall and die on bare concrete in my fall pit all the time.

MutilatorJuice
03-20-2017, 02:57 PM
Actually fall damage is on consoles. I watch dogs fall and die on bare concrete in my fall pit all the time.

Sure do, but doing more than around a 30m drop won't increase damage. Lots of shattered and broken legs. I've yet to see a dog survive.

Glimpse
03-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Humanoid zombies should have just limb damage from the falls, not die from it though. But, I'm not an expert on the console version. :)

I still haven't dug a pit deep enough to kill a bear, regardless.

MutilatorJuice
03-20-2017, 03:31 PM
Humanoid zombies should have just limb damage from the falls, not die from it though. But, I'm not an expert on the console version. :)

I still haven't dug a pit deep enough to kill a bear, regardless.

You are correct. No zombies die from falling, unless you can get some sort of tiered system to work and they fall multiple times.

xFordCookx
03-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Any tips to the fall pit cause even if I build it to where I'm in the middle they still just stand and twirl like there glitched

Glimpse
03-20-2017, 05:06 PM
Any tips to the fall pit cause even if I build it to where I'm in the middle they still just stand and twirl like there glitched

Unless it's really shallow you need to have the middle tower up so you can peek out and let the zombies see you. Walking zombies tend not to fall. Runners do.

MutilatorJuice
03-20-2017, 05:07 PM

Do you use a hatch/door to get to where you make a stand? If so, open it. I've done a little testing involving this. For some reason their pathing gets all muddled like they can't find a way to you. Opening these seems to help sometimes, for me.

Obuthan
03-21-2017, 08:48 PM
As a basic starter pit trap, try using a house that that's an upstairs and basement. Knock out most of the first story walls and upgrade the walls left behind so your house doesn't drop under you. Make the access to the stairs (going up) brain dead easy to follow, and make sure the basement stairs are free of doors/tables/chairs.
Make the upstair door your drop point. Specifically the two blocks just inside the room should be removed, all the way down to the basement. Now fill that basement with spikes.
I've added a ladder going to the upstairs, and a wall of pillars to aid in loot taking along an outside wall.

No spikes outside at all, no doors or windows. You can either have the zombies run up and fall through to the spikes or go down and whack-a-zombie for loot.
Repair, upgrade, modify, repeat.

Ah shoot. Probably not the right thread for this post.
Feel free to move it lol.

AWFULGAME
03-22-2017, 08:52 AM
Just like the Title. This game is awful and it's a disgrace to come out on ps4 & xb when its not even finished on pc yet and the price for his pile is daylight robbery, clunky game mechanics with glitchy AI. Stupid poison zones that have no warnings and if you just happen to get caught in one then your screwed! Say goodbye loot and mini bike because its impossible to try and recover them back because guess what you just die pretty much instantly. And the Animal AI is laughable. I'v had a bear that's glitched halfway through a door for the past 2 weeks and he seems like he wants to stay there because he won't effin die! Definitely regret buying this and it doesn't seem like devs are even going anywhere with this game. Also sick of the crappy fps and stutters.

Glimpse
03-22-2017, 10:52 AM
Just like the Title. This game is awful and it's a disgrace to come out on ps4 & xb when its not even finished on pc yet and the price for his pile is daylight robbery, clunky game mechanics with glitchy AI. Stupid poison zones that have no warnings and if you just happen to get caught in one then your screwed! Say goodbye loot and mini bike because its impossible to try and recover them back because guess what you just die pretty much instantly. And the Animal AI is laughable. I'v had a bear that's glitched halfway through a door for the past 2 weeks and he seems like he wants to stay there because he won't effin die! Definitely regret buying this and it doesn't seem like devs are even going anywhere with this game. Also sick of the crappy fps and stutters.

Trolleo Trolleo, wherefor art thou Trolleo?

SilvenWolf
03-22-2017, 11:05 AM
Drives into Rad Zone, rages at death and proceeds to blame the world and his dog.
Priceless.

luc-zol
03-23-2017, 04:27 PM
Hey,
Thanks for this game, it's amazing adventure. I'm very courious how the game will be growing on console so i check forums every day looking for news and annoucements. Please keep us informed, every liitle detail about future plans is precious for me. I'm looking forward for this game be the best zombie game ever. Good start, thakn You.

Obuthan
03-23-2017, 05:53 PM
Ok....so some people are miffed at not getting the same level of game support as the PC version. I get that. I have this game on the PC and PS. It has been put out there often enough and the devs are working on updating the console version(s). Don't rage at them. It does nothing but make console players look juvenile.
I really enjoy 7DTD, and I do mean both versions. The FunPimps are creating an awesome game and working hard to bring it to you (and me) asap. They (as far as I know) did not decide on what the console version was to be released as. That authority falls directly under TT games not TFP.
If you really dislike the game that much. Don't play it. You aren't the only person waiting ( patiently) for the new content.

~Obuthan

AWFULGAME
03-23-2017, 10:56 PM
Drives into Rad Zone, rages at death and proceeds to blame the world and his dog.
Priceless.

No indication of it being a rad zone. The annoyance is it literally gives you no chance of either getting the f out of dodge or getting stuff back even if its a tiny distance into rad zone, ♥♥♥♥ maybe a geiger counter noise would be enough atleast then I/others have a chance. A warning 1st would be nice not instant death

BlueSnow
03-23-2017, 11:48 PM
No indication of it being a rad zone. The annoyance is it literally gives you no chance of either getting the f out of dodge or getting stuff back even if its a tiny distance into rad zone, ♥♥♥♥ maybe a geiger counter noise would be enough atleast then I/others have a chance. A warning 1st would be nice not instant death

The radiation zone looks deserted poisonous and deadly as f***, even on the map it's colored in death flag red.
It's impossible to not notice that that place is dangerous.
It's also obvious as f*** that's it's a border. The map border.
And even if you didn't notice all that and died, don't blame the game for your own mistakes and...

...git gud.

Glimpse
03-24-2017, 01:33 AM
The radiation zone looks deserted poisonous and deadly as f***, even on the map it's colored in death flag red.
It's impossible to not notice that that place is dangerous.
It's also obvious as f*** that's it's a border. The map border.
And even if you didn't notice all that and died, don't blame the game for your own mistakes and...

...git gud.

I don't often agree with BlueSnow but yeah, all said here.

The rad biome looks completely different from every other biome. There's no life there, AT ALL. And it's bright red on the world map.

kiezkicker
03-24-2017, 11:31 AM
It's true, the rad zone is bad to see. I agree. But I have always got my things back. I just run back quickly took my backpack and thats it! There are a lot other things to get nasty....

darklight666
03-24-2017, 07:44 PM
Ok....so some people are miffed at not getting the same level of game support as the PC version. I get that. I have this game on the PC and PS. It has been put out there often enough and the devs are working on updating the console version(s). Don't rage at them. It does nothing but make console players look juvenile.
I really enjoy 7DTD, and I do mean both versions. The FunPimps are creating an awesome game and working hard to bring it to you (and me) asap. They (as far as I know) did not decide on what the console version was to be released as. That authority falls directly under TT games not TFP.
If you really dislike the game that much. Don't play it. You aren't the only person waiting ( patiently) for the new content.

~Obuthan

You are giving them to much credit the game came out in 2016 and in 2017 we finally got the mini bike fixed plus a icon to find it on the map amd it took them this long to finally put it into the game but people cant complain that they paid 30 bucks for the console version and 25 on pc please tell me why cant others complain about a game that yes it does get very boring yes the game is to easy and yes the game still crashes alot randomly

Its ridiculous how they over charge on the console systems and even more with the lack of updates for it.

As for the pc version they have full control support that isnt even added to the pc version only has partial support well can ♥♥♥♥ your game up if you try to play it with a controler due to the no mouse controler for the xbox controler

So far from what i been seeing on both versions of the game

Its no creativity no orignal ideals

No orignal weapons

The food in the game is pointless unless you only go after meat and pies the rest of the food has horrible states

Most of the zombies that was in the game for the xbox probably the ps4 was taken out for whatever reason and rather then keeping all of them together and just add to the game little by little there going to take out alot more

The lumber jacks are pointless to have in the game due to only seeing them in the sbow biome and they never come out on horde nights at all

Speaking of horde nights i feel like they couod do better and add more to them making it feel like you have plan better on your attacks and defensive or your done for

The weather system either needs alot of fixing or take it out completely it doesn't make sense to have a roof over your head when you still can get wet or cold even when your by a forge or campfire

This game has alot of potential its just to bad we wont ever see just how far that is going to come on such slow production

I would think multiplayer would be a big priority since 99% of it rely on it but obviously that isnt the case i havent had nearly as many crashes on the pc version but the xbox version its nearly impossible to play the game from morning to night real time without it crashing every 5 or 10 minutes sometimes longer sometimes shorter

Obuthan
03-24-2017, 09:54 PM
I can't say that the console 7DTD doesn't have massive bugs. That is like saying the sky is green.
Am I irratated that I bought a game that's so buggy: Hell yes. I just love having my game hang or crash......
I don't play on the Xbox. I can't comment on that. But I'll take your word that it's messed up.

Of the two versions that I have. Which one do I play the most? The console. Why? Because I play with 3 other friends and totally love the co-op play. So I really do want to see something done to improve console play.
With that said I know that with what I'm seeing on the PC forums there has been a huge shift in code for the game. Which means that small fixes to the console code is not 'small' in cost and time. They are going to have to rework large parts of the game engine for consoles from what I've seen. ( Ok. I'm not a programmer. I'm 20 years out from dabbling in that. So take my assessment with a bit of salt for those who are working hard core in those trenches)
But honestly. I can't see a major improvement in the console until they go gold on PC. It's a matter of being cost efficient.
Console are getting the short end. Again, I can't deny that point. What I'm saying is that there is no gains coming from picking up a plate of rotting zombie parts to point out "Look! This 'still' smells like an out house guys!
They know it. We know it.
Until they get firm code together that doesn't go sideways on them. We can't expect major improvements.

~Obuthan

AWFULGAME
03-25-2017, 02:39 PM
I don't often agree with BlueSnow but yeah, all said here.

The rad biome looks completely different from every other biome. There's no life there, AT ALL. And it's bright red on the world map.

Wrong the transition isnt even visible especially next to a town and its a pain in the arse keep looking at the map, (In fact here's a free tip for DEVS let people study an atlas or something for option to have map on screen much like the way research for guns and mini bike books work) Anyway back to the rant if it was on screen then it wouldn't be so bad but its not. And how do you know if you can't even go 3 foot into the rad zone without dying it looks exactly the same as the biome i was in. its just a sudden wall. health damage instant death. I even tried to stand right before said wall to get my stuff out the bag and it would't let me and as soon as i enter health damage most of my health gone great take meds awesome try again health damage most of my health gone. Can you see where I'm going with this? I spent ages getting all the crap to build stupid mini bike just to lose it with no hope of getting it back or the stuff I just managed to get. I'm not joking there was no warning before other than health damage death and no it did't look any different. And why does the character walk so damn slow? Who the hell would walk that slow in a zombie Apocalypse. I get it for when your being stealthy but not all the damn time.

Next rant: Has anyone seen 7 DAYS 2 DIE! (First Impressions) by frankie on youtube? 4 effin years ago!! What the hell happened, it looked awesome back then. Its now 4 years later and looks terrible a total utter downgrade wtf?? How can you explain that when machines are much much more better with increased graphical power but yet the game goes backwards

Damselx1
03-25-2017, 02:57 PM
Wrong the transition isnt even visible especially next to a town and its a pain in the arse keep looking at the map, (In fact here's a free tip for DEVS let people study an atlas or something for option to have map on screen much like the way research for guns and mini bike books work) Anyway back to the rant if it was on screen then it wouldn't be so bad but its not. And how do you know if you can't even go 3 foot into the rad zone without dying it looks exactly the same as the biome i was in. its just a sudden wall. health damage instant death. I even tried to stand right before said wall to get my stuff out the bag and it would't let me and as soon as i enter health damage most of my health gone great take meds awesome try again health damage most of my health gone. Can you see where I'm going with this? I spent ages getting all the crap to build stupid mini bike just to lose it with no hope of getting it back or the stuff I just managed to get. I'm not joking there was no warning before other than health damage death and no it did't look any different. And why does the character walk so damn slow? Who the hell would walk that slow in a zombie Apocalypse. I get it for when your being stealthy but not all the damn time.

Next rant: Has anyone seen 7 DAYS 2 DIE! (First Impressions) by frankie on youtube? 4 effin years ago!! What the hell happened, it looked awesome back then. Its now 4 years later and looks terrible a total utter downgrade wtf?? How can you explain that when machines are much much more better with increased graphical power but yet the game goes backwards

Don't like the game? Don't play it. No one is forcing you.
Think I'll add you to my ignore list, rather than keep seeing your rants.

MutilatorJuice
03-25-2017, 02:59 PM

Lol it looks nothing like any other biome. It's musty green is so noticeable, I haven't set foot there since the first week I played. You may want to check your tv and reconfigure your colors because this rant is total bs. Everything you've stated just enforces that you simply weren't paying attention. Accept YOUR mistake and move on.

Thanks for the reinforcement damsel

Pvt Partts227
03-26-2017, 11:05 PM
I had this happen to me in the past i drove into a rad zone and wasnt paying attention. It took me about 5 ingame days to come up with a strategy to get my bike back. It was lodge into a house and rubble. It turned out easy as hell and any one can do it. Just need healthkits 10 is a good amount andnyounjust heal as needed to get your stuff.

xchevyxgirlx
03-26-2017, 11:34 PM
I made mini bike and put on padlock. I lock padlock but random was still able get on it ride it. I caught his or she trying to raid my base and chasing them with aka. Lucky for them the game crashed. I notice that my mini bike was move and it was set as lock. The game is random gen. Anyone else have this happen?

MutilatorJuice
03-27-2017, 12:00 AM
I made mini bike and put on padlock. I lock padlock but random was still able get on it ride it. I caught his or she trying to raid my base and chasing them with aka. Lucky for them the game crashed. I notice that my mini bike was move and it was set as lock. The game is random gen. Anyone else have this happen?

You're the first i've heard this happen to. You should make a post in the bug report section and list your game settings so they know.

AWFULGAME
03-27-2017, 09:23 AM
Don't like the game? Don't play it. No one is forcing you.
Think I'll add you to my ignore list, rather than keep seeing your rants.

Ok how about you give me my £30 back then huh

Maybe if you stop kissing A S S the game might get fixed

Oh and go ahead block me, continue to ignore issues you fool

SilvenWolf
03-27-2017, 03:46 PM
I’m sure you are aware of how the retail / refund world works and that’s not on here.

Your complaint is not really valid, this is a survival game, you learn from mistakes and the Rad Zone is easy enough to spot with experience.

As for on screen map, It’s been well discussed in the past that we don’t want on screen maps, we actually want to keep screen clutter to a minimum, it’s not necessary or very immersive.

Maybe down the line an option to turn one off or on may come around, but there are other more important wants ahead of this.

No one is ignoring proper issues, there is no need to be rude about it and call people fools, nothing we can do when a player makes their own mistakes.

Pablodiablo316
03-27-2017, 08:50 PM

So you cannot see the ground is speckled with green veins in the rock indicating radiation? Will admit that if you start off in a rubble biome its harder to spot but its not that hard. No live trees you see animlas go in the start to scream as their health drops.

As for the frankie1080 vids I do not agree, he had turned off the option that made it look like minecraft so instead everything looked lioke a warped minecraft all melted!

That said I remember thinking "look fun hope it comes to console and when I saw it on Amazon I pre-ordered it (something I almost never do) If you are this angry now god knows what you would have been like back on release when it crashed all the flipping time!

Legitimate complaints have their place here but you are coming across as a troll who is looking for trouble. Seen it all before on various forums for other games.

The map suggestion? I do not want a minimao that would just tank frame rate even more but some form of handheld map you could refer to? That is actually not a bad Idea, but they would prob get sued by the devs of Minecraft for doing it.

Roland
03-28-2017, 05:45 AM
I'm pretty sure that any clarifications about the patch notes that might have been needed have all been given and digested and now this thread simply lingers on as yet another inappropriate place for people to post bugs that will never be seen by those who need to see them. For those who are convinced that there may be a bug rendering the radioactive zone impossible to discern from the playable biomes of the game please post in the bug section with some screenshots to illustrate your point and maybe if there really is a need something may happen.

The next few patches are probably going to continue the pattern of being focused on bug fixing with little in the way of new content. This does not mean the game has been abandoned or that new content will never arrive. It simply means that the original schedule for doing major content updates is being followed (After the PC game goes gold if you didn't know). So expecting big content is just going to set yourself up for disappointment. Resign yourself to bug fixes and be pleasantly surprised if something new and exciting crosses over from PC but don't expect it until after PC goes gold.

Stay tuned for when Clare opens a new thread for the next announcement about the next patch for console. If the pattern holds we should get it sometime in April and she will fill us in on the details when she gets them from the team. We are grateful for all the support we get from our fans and appreciative of the patience that many who are still experiencing showstopping bugs are giving to us.