PDA

View Full Version : [04/08] Patch 9 in Submission (Notes Included)

Clare
04-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Hi all!

Got word that the latest patch has been submitted to Sony and MS for approval. All going according to plan, we'll be releasing early next week - keep an eye out for my usual second post!

Below are the notes for this patch that the team passed on.

Usual Bit
- NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated
- do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.
- keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.
- please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.
- I do NOT have further info on A15 features (check the sticky in General Discussion for all current info) or updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

Oh wait... hang on, I can tell you there are new features coming soon and I should have more details in the coming weeks! Sorry I don't have much more than that right now. Will do another announcement when I know more.

I also do have an update on MD5 errors from the team too, so I'll post that separately in news and announcements soon. Keep an eye out!

---------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 9.0
PS4 Version 1.12
XB1 Version 1.0.12.0

Hey everyone! Itís just about time for Patch 9! As always we have a boatload of bug fixes in store for you. Check out the list below!

Bug Fixes and Improvements

Gameplay

* BEWARE OF DOGS! We fixed a bug that was preventing them from reaching top speed

* Fixed an exploit that allowed players to steal owned minibikes

* Fixed an exploit that allowed players to duplicate minibikes and any items in their shopping baskets

* Fixed an exploit that allowed players to duplicate items using campfires

* Fixed an issue that would cause a client to spawn with an empty inventory if the network disconnects during their first attempt to join a session

* Fixed an issue that would cause a held minibike chassis to become stuck in the world when the player quit

* Fixed an issue that caused the minibikeís light to turn off when it was hit

* Fixed an issue causing falling debris to destroy iron bars placed on their side

* Fixed an issue with animal hide leg armor that allowed it to be equipped on top of other leg armor and become unequippable

* Fixed an issue that was causing windows to rotate 90 degrees when upgraded to iron

* Fixed an issue that prevented storage boxes from being rotated

* Fixed an issue that would cause wooden signs to be doubly placed when placed on a supply crate

* Fixed an issue that prevented wooden signs from being written on in single player after being written on in Split-Screen

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue that prevented fire sounds from playing when zombies were burning

* Fixed an issue that prevented some biomesí ambient SFX from playing

* Fixed an issue that would cause the panting SFX to continue playing even if stamina was replenished

* Fixed an issue where the player wouldnít animate from another playerís perspective when shooting with the Wooden Bow

* Fixed an issue that was causing the sneaking status icon to remain on the screen after death

* Lowered volume of SFX associated with canceling an item in the crafting queue

* Fixed an issue that prevented the Auger and Chainsaw idle SFX from playing when switching between them

* Fixed an issue where picking up and dropping items in the backpack and toolbelt would occasionally cause some UI overlap

* Fixed an issue that caused the horn sound to play over and over on the minibike when trying to access it while not being the owner

System/Stability

* Fixed a crash that would occur when a player would quit out of a split-screen multiplayer game while a player in the game was on a minibike

* Fixed an issue that would cause items to vanish if the Host disconnected from an online multiplayer game while a client was attempting to move them into their inventory

* Fixed an issue that was causing framerate spikes when Vault Doors would fall off

We canít wait for you to get your hands on Patch 9! Keep an eye on the forums for the official roll-out announcement!

Thatguy553
04-08-2017, 06:16 PM
FIRST

- - - Updated - - -

Yaaay first time eva

Mregomies
04-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Ok... thanks... or something..

CerealKiller231
04-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Any word on when we get Penguins?

Clare
04-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Any word on when we get Penguins?

There's an issue with Mister Flippers, seems he likes to rip off characters fingers, will keep you updated ;) lol

CerealKiller231
04-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Thanks and on a Saturday the Update info was rather sneaky.

EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy
04-08-2017, 07:54 PM
* BEWARE OF DOGS! We fixed a bug that was preventing them from reaching top speed

OMG! They actually listened to us!

I know this is a team effort but I'm going to personally thank Gazz on this one. Thank you Gazz! :D

Gazz
04-08-2017, 08:22 PM
I know not what you speak of.

This goes to some unknown programmer chained to a desk in the IG dungeon.

Pablodiablo316
04-08-2017, 08:56 PM
OMG! They actually listened to us!

I know this is a team effort but I'm going to personally thank Gazz on this one. Thank you Gazz! :D

That they do, every update fixes stuff:)

REDDEADVET
04-08-2017, 09:02 PM
We've been getting boreing bug fixes month after month, I know it's hard to get stuff done, but the 7d2d console players are dying out cause of no new content, the game gets boreing fast, the community on Xbox was big at one point but now it's small cause the game is boreing with the exact same features after every update, please give us more then just bug fixes

Funkinstein
04-08-2017, 11:18 PM
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit I see. New content will be coming soon now. Read man, read.

CerealKiller231
04-09-2017, 12:22 AM
We've been getting boreing bug fixes month after month, I know it's hard to get stuff done, but the 7d2d console players are dying out cause of no new content, the game gets boreing fast, the community on Xbox was big at one point but now it's small cause the game is boreing with the exact same features after every update, please give us more then just bug fixes

Bug fixes are owed but new content is a gift that they DON"T have to give!

EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy
04-09-2017, 01:28 AM
I know not what you speak of.

This goes to some unknown programmer chained to a desk in the IG dungeon.

Well in that case, I thank you and everyone else involved dearly. :)

Enabling the dogs to run faster is definitely a step in the right direction because it is a survival game after all, right? The more challenging and unforgiving the game is the more immersive and engaging the overall experience will be as a result. Well, at least in my opinion anyway. - All we need now is that 'Daily Wandering Hordes' option, eh? Nudge! Nudge!

Dan724724
04-09-2017, 01:56 AM
Early This week as in the week between April 8 and 15 or the week after that? And I'm so glad that it came out can't wait for the next update, thank you guys so much!!

Boidster
04-09-2017, 03:53 AM
It's usually just a few days from posting of the announcement to release. So the week of 4/8 is what was meant, I'm 99% sure.

Acoons1
04-09-2017, 06:01 AM
WOOOOHOOOOOO Always excited to hear about another update. Keep em comin' and good work team!!

Maggot_8741
04-09-2017, 09:48 AM
This is why I switched to ark on PS4. They actually add new content when they update it. I used to love 7d2d I literally would not play any other game but it has gone downhill fast. I hope one day I can go back to 7d2d but it seems like it is gonna be a long time from now.

kpchips
04-09-2017, 10:13 AM

if u actually read it were getting new content in the next update and would u rather have a game that doesnt work even wen they add new stuff or would you rather have a game that works properly before adding more stuff before that will then break the game even more i onow which one i would rather have

skippy0330
04-09-2017, 01:53 PM
I really need to rss your posts clare.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why I switched to ark on PS4. They actually add new content when they update it. I used to love 7d2d I literally would not play any other game but it has gone downhill fast. I hope one day I can go back to 7d2d but it seems like it is gonna be a long time from now.

Just to mention, ark is known for NOT fixing bugs and piling content onto a buggy mess. 7 days rather fix the problems, than add the content. Not fanboying here, just pointing out your attitude towards adding content to a buggy game is what is ruining the gaming market right now.

a4twenty
04-09-2017, 02:40 PM

- - - Updated - - -
just pointing out your attitude towards adding content to a buggy game is what is ruining the gaming market right now.

I think you're putting the cart before the horse there. it's the releasing of broken untested games and trying to get pre-order cash that is ruining the games market. while I can agree that adding content to a buggy game isn't wise, if they didn't release them in that state the problem wouldn't exist.

MysteriousGT1
04-09-2017, 04:19 PM

Thats Mostly Due to the Fact that the Master Race" PC Players" are Crying about all of their "Content" getting put into Console, The Dev's are listening to them and holding our Content Back to Ease their Pain!

No Matter what they say about PS Network and Microsoft holding the content Back, it falls Back on the Developers trying to keep their main Player base happy while funding PC Upgrades with Console Sales...

Its nice to see a new Flower :eek-new:, and i think i saw a new size stone yesterday :witless:

MysteriousGT1
04-09-2017, 04:31 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Just to mention, ark is known for NOT fixing bugs and piling content onto a buggy mess. 7 days rather fix the problems, than add the content. Not fanboying here, just pointing out your attitude towards adding content to a buggy game is what is ruining the gaming market right now.

If they wait to fix all the bugs in the Game before adding Anything into the Game, then that means we will have new content by the time 7 Days to Die 2 Comes out!

When you fix old bugs, new ones arise, it will continue like that forever...They are just Killing off the Shrinking Fanbase by doing what they are doing, Besides, they already Cashed in on us so what do they Have to Lose!

Looks like we just suck it up and find a new game ;)

GlockuFy
04-09-2017, 08:13 PM
Kick-ass! THE dog bug - I honestly thought they did that as intended. Now I'd like to see the Minibike hit top speeds instead of capping out at 10 MPH.

I haven't played in months guys, but it seems after next patch my girlfriend and I will be back in the Zombie killing madness!!

#Patch10HurryUp

Can't wait to see new features. *Crosses Fingers for Workbench*

irjvik
04-10-2017, 04:26 AM
* Fixed an exploit that allowed players to duplicate items using campfires

Finally !
Thank you Clare for this good news.
This exploit turned the game from a survival game into a bloody zombie hunt as it allowed unlimited ammo (and unlimited steel for building static defenses).
Since launch it was nearly impossible to watch a 7DTD game streamed (youtube, twitch, ...) without this glitch used over and over.

Note : This glitch was not mandatory for playing this game. As a proof, I earned the PSN platinum trophy without using it (nor any other, I just played the game legit).

Oh wait... hang on, I can tell you there are new features coming soon and I should have more details in the coming weeks! Sorry I don't have much more than that right now. Will do another announcement when I know more.
Please can you keep us in touch (as soon as you have more details) if we need to start a new game in order to activate them (as in patch 5) or not ?
(Just yes or no, it helps the real players to stick to the current game or to wait until the new features are implemented).
Thank you very much.

Rac00n
04-10-2017, 05:32 AM
This is really great news.. thankyou so much to everyone involved.
7d2d is my life atm...

Clare
04-10-2017, 08:45 AM
Early This week as in the week between April 8 and 15 or the week after that? And I'm so glad that it came out can't wait for the next update, thank you guys so much!!

Sorry for confusion, my week starts on a Monday, so I meant week beginning today 04/10

skippy0330
04-10-2017, 08:47 AM
If they wait to fix all the bugs in the Game before adding Anything into the Game, then that means we will have new content by the time 7 Days to Die 2 Comes out!

When you fix old bugs, new ones arise, it will continue like that forever...They are just Killing off the Shrinking Fanbase by doing what they are doing, Besides, they already Cashed in on us so what do they Have to Lose!

Looks like we just suck it up and find a new game ;)

not entirely no, when you have game breaking bugs like md5 errors that wipes your playthrough, that's not something that just sneaks up. it's called a legacy bug, and needs to be fixed before content is piled on top of it. LOOK AT ARK. ark will forever be alpha. they can't fix the legacy bugs because of all the ♥♥♥♥ they piled on top of it. its the alpha trap, launch, people love it, than beg for content, so instead of making a GREAT working engine, with GREAT working delivery systems, they build a generic engine, slap generic assets into it and than make the delivery systems for the content AFTER the content is in and the legacy bugs are unfixable? makes sense.

sounds like the way good games work right? not at all. minecraft. worked on engine. got engine. added content. sucessful game to this day, even more so than 7 days, and will always be more popular BECAUSE it was released with a working engine, not excuses.

Clare
04-10-2017, 08:47 AM

There's a website that watches every post a mod or staff makes... it's a little weird to remember that exists, but might help keep track of me!

skippy0330
04-10-2017, 08:52 AM
Thats Mostly Due to the Fact that the Master Race" PC Players" are Crying about all of their "Content" getting put into Console, The Dev's are listening to them and holding our Content Back to Ease their Pain!

No Matter what they say about PS Network and Microsoft holding the content Back, it falls Back on the Developers trying to keep their main Player base happy while funding PC Upgrades with Console Sales...

Its nice to see a new Flower :eek-new:, and i think i saw a new size stone yesterday :witless:

pc development hasn't slowed down. its actually gottten faster, the alphas larger, and the alpha drops WAAAAY less buggier. gone are the days of having to wipe 10 times in a row after an alpha drops.

the fun pimps don't program the console version? or slow down console progression because a few people may be bent out of shape.

Here's a big surprise for you, pc players don't think about console, don't care about console, and couldn't care less if you have the same version we do. or we wouldn't play the same games.
Did people not play fallout 4 on pc because console version was the same?
you think the devs hate console players because "pc master race"
the only time i've ever legit heard that phrase used was from console players talking about pc players.

why would you think it delays the console version for those reasons? why would the fun pimps split profit with a distributor, and another developer if they were doing it themselves?

I understand you are frustrated, but you really need to get your facts straight before you state them man. It console holding console back, not the devs. If you guys stopped buying 120-130 AAA pay to win games and put your foot down when it comes to the amoutn of control sony and Microsoft have over the platform, you'd get a lot better results.

that's why alpha games flourish on pc, but DIE on console.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a website that watches every post a mod or staff makes... it's a little weird to remember that exists, but might help keep track of me!

sweet thanks clare!

Clare
04-10-2017, 09:01 AM

I'd be interested to see your source for this info, because this is wrong. Dev's are not "holding back" content - there is a process in porting things to console, Madmole made a video about it, new items are sent over when they are ready. MS and Sony are not "holding back" content - they have an approval process, if everything passes, patches are released, if something doesn't it's sent back to the console team for adjusting and gets resubmitted (Don't want to jinx it but we've never had to resubmit a patch)

Please do not spread misinformation, and if you could link me to your source, I'd greatly appreciate it, as I would like to make sure everyone understands that this is not true.

Clare
04-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Please can you keep us in touch (as soon as you have more details) if we need to start a new game in order to activate them (as in patch 5) or not ?
(Just yes or no, it helps the real players to stick to the current game or to wait until the new features are implemented).
Thank you very much.

While we aim to have as few restarts as possible, I will certainly double check with the team and let ye know what features may require restarts etc as the info comes to me!

Pvt Partts227
04-10-2017, 12:49 PM
I personally used that glitch to duplicate items but only in single player split screen I'm actually kind of sad that it's gone and I only used it after I got to end game where I'm now level 80 and I can't get any more skill points pretty much to do anything so now I'm basically stuck to using clubs only and I'm too afraid to use my guns as finding bullets in ammo and said she's a pain in the ass.
P.s. I personally you love the game but being honest yes it levels the playing field for multiplayer really didn't interrupt any of the gameplay in single player split screen where you had to have the use of a friend your split-screen partner to use the glitch they should have at least kept the duplication glitch for split screen

AresDemigod
04-10-2017, 12:55 PM
How great this game would be even more if players could connect to the private games they have been invited too already without the need of the host. I think if you have been invited by somone eg the host then a certain level of trust is already there. It gets annoying when you wanna connect to the server you dedicated countless hours into but cant play because the host is not online when all you wanna do is gather materials or work more on you're base. I think private mode should have that setting as its always annoyed me that there is no feature for that lol...

Tex
04-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Thank for the update Clare. Looking forward to dog being EVEN MORE FRIGHTENING now. Appreciate all the hard work. As an ex-community manager of a video game, I understand how sometimes if feels like everyone hates on EVERYTHING you do You and the team are doing an amazing job and a lot of us appreciate the hard work and communication.

Happy hunting!

Tex
04-10-2017, 02:22 PM
WAIT A DARN SECOND...

Are there signs on Xbox now?!? I see updates about signs but I have yet to see them in the game, Or are they on PS only? I need signs to organize materials without opening all my boxes to find where I crammed the clay.

ZombieHoG
04-10-2017, 03:05 PM
Since Patch 7.0 (XB1 Version 1.0.10.0) the game has signs. I think they are listed under furniture, alternatively search for 'sign'.
Happy sorting and labeling...

btw. thx to the team for the update

Tex
04-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Since Patch 7.0 (XB1 Version 1.0.10.0) the game has signs. I think they are listed under furniture, alternatively search for 'sign'.
Happy sorting and labeling...

btw. thx to the team for the update

I love you.

Damselx1
04-10-2017, 05:06 PM
How great this game would be even more if players could connect to the private games they have been invited too already without the need of the host. I think if you have been invited by somone eg the host then a certain level of trust is already there. It gets annoying when you wanna connect to the server you dedicated countless hours into but cant play because the host is not online when all you wanna do is gather materials or work more on you're base. I think private mode should have that setting as its always annoyed me that there is no feature for that lol...

If (in the distant future) they do set up dedicated servers for console players, that could be an option. However, since we don't have servers available to us, we have to wait for the host to be available as they hold the save on their console. No way around it at the moment. It's not a matter of trust, just the available hardware. Perhaps you could keep a single player game for when you want to play but can't get onto the private game, or work out a schedule so you can be available at the same time.

Pvt Partts227
04-10-2017, 07:45 PM
For multiplayer online I understand removing duplicating items. But removing it from split screen doesn't make much sense. It should be made into a menue option for having it on or off for duplicating in singleplayer.

Splitknuckler
04-10-2017, 11:59 PM
I don't understand why people wanting to duplicate items don't just use creative mode...

I'd love to have all the toys and gadgets the PC players get, but I have to agree that a stable game should come first. What's the point of having a drawbridge, science table, etc if a crash wipes it out?

Only thing I'd like to request: ability to name my waypoints!

Pvt Partts227
04-11-2017, 12:05 AM
Then creative mode should allow splitscreen.

cp123005
04-11-2017, 07:49 AM
I don't understand why people wanting to duplicate items don't just use creative mode...

I'd love to have all the toys and gadgets the PC players get, but I have to agree that a stable game should come first. What's the point of having a drawbridge, science table, etc if a crash wipes it out?

Only thing I'd like to request: ability to name my waypoints!

I really hope the ability to name our way points comes in patch 10. also would like some more way point icons to choose from. I use A LOT of way points.

Mregomies
04-11-2017, 08:39 AM
removing duplication glitch forces you "cheaters" to priorize what are you doing in game as i did in my game. Horde night was coming and I had to choose between gunpowder making for bullets vs. mining stones for building operation. I choose building and made arrows for my crossbow instead of firearms. That the salt and pepper of this game and IRL. Nowdays kids want everything right now without any hard work (read: cheating and Pay To Win)
Keep up the good work!

Funkinstein
04-11-2017, 01:00 PM
[Insult]. They said coming soon and there was also a thread telling us that now TFP has some of the pc team working on our console version to bring us new content in the near future. Nowhere did I say it's coming this patch [insult]

Let's keep the tone friendly people. If someone's post is your last straw then go take a walk outside instead of responding to them.

-- Roland

Splitknuckler
04-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Then creative mode should allow splitscreen.

You CAN use creative mode in split screen. BUT, you may have to start a new game with creative enabled. That's the only issue with creative: if you don't enable it at the start you can't turn it on mid-game. If you enable at the start, you can choose to use it (or not) at your discretion

Pvt Partts227
04-11-2017, 01:53 PM
Duplicating isn't a chest when ppl who play on pc have modded the game which is fancy talk for cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

Creative doesn't have split screen I've tried with my wife love the game and I don't cheat I got all my achievements before using or even finding out about the glitch.

Funkinstein
04-11-2017, 01:58 PM
To get creative mode on split screen go under modded options and it's called cheat mode at the bottom of the list. Can only be accessed when starting a new game. If you go into modded options on an already existing game it won't be there because it turns trophies off when enabled.

Zombizie
04-12-2017, 05:38 AM
You lack reading comprehension too apparently. They said coming soon and there was also a thread telling us that now TFP has some of the pc team working on our console version to bring us new content in the near future. Nowhere did I say it's coming this patch so go ♥♥♥♥ yourself and take your attitude somewhere else.
I'd say you better settle down there is no need for the type of behavior your displaying here, I hope the mods have a good look as I've looked back over your posts and it's a repeated pattern developing and it's unacceptable, this isn't junior high

Funkinstein
04-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Actually, if you did look over my posts, you'd see the majority of them are helpful and more than a few are for some levity. I don't need anyone's approval to defend myself or others against people who come onto the forums and attack the game, developers and community because they are upset about a game they should just put down if it's not what they want. However, I will say that the person I was talking to in this forum didn't help matters and I went a bit overboard. If you don't like me or what I have ever to add to the conversations, there is an ignore feature in these forums, feel free to use it, I won't be upset, I promise.

P.s. dude got banned, so I feel just a tiny bit justified, but will tone it down so I don't upset people who aren't involved, because that isn't what we're all here to deal with.