PDA

View Full Version : [04/18] Hotfix Patch 9.1 inbound!

Clare
04-18-2017, 08:42 AM
Hi all!

Short and sweet hotfix coming your way today. It'll likely drop around the usual time for 12pm PDT.

Below is a quick message from the team on what this hotfix contains.

And a quick reminder that this post if for the discussion of the hotfix only. If you have a bug to report, head to the Console Bug Reports section.

-------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 9.1
PS4 Version 1.13
XB1 Version 1.0.13.0

Patch 9.1 will start its roll-out today. It contains the couple of fixes listed below.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

* Fixed the source of new MD5 errors introduced in Patch 9

* Removed “trial version” text from bottom right corner of the screen

* Fixed issue causing the texture of the bird’s nest to revert to the old version

Thank you for being the amazing community you are! We couldn’t do this without your tireless support.

-----------

ZombieHoG
04-18-2017, 09:03 AM
first for skippy!

* Fixed issue causing the texture of the bird’s nest to revert to the old version

-----------

What a pity... How about an Option?
and thx for the hotfix

MutilatorJuice
04-18-2017, 09:48 AM
2nd as well for skippy!

As always, thanks for the hard work team. Keep bug testing those giraffes and penguins

7 Days To Die: A Zoo Visit DLC

Clare
04-18-2017, 09:54 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/1nfp62.jpg

MutilatorJuice
04-18-2017, 10:06 AM
Rofl Too Good

Now I can't sleep...again. Good laughs are the best

skippy0330
04-18-2017, 10:38 AM
when do we get spaceships?

MutilatorJuice
04-18-2017, 10:47 AM
when do we get spaceships?

Wait, who let skippy out of his cell? Awesome episodes won't make themselves, dude. Now we can do this the easy way or the hard way? I left some poutine under your pc :beaten:

Clare
04-18-2017, 11:05 AM
You can't just up and abandon a planet as a means of survival. It's crawling with space zombies out there anyway!

Jugglernaut
04-18-2017, 11:24 AM
Yeah, space combat! :D

RonRoe
04-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Does the MD5 error have anything to do with the constant disconnects. Does this mean I can finally play?

sagemckenzie
04-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Hi all!

Short and sweet hotfix coming your way today. It'll likely drop around the usual time for 12pm PDT.

And a quick reminder that this post if for the discussion of the hotfix only. If you have a bug to report, head to the Console Bug Reports section.

-------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 9.1
PS4 Version 1.13
XB1 Version 1.0.13.0

Patch 9.1 will start its roll-out today. It contains the couple of fixes listed below.

Thank you for being the amazing community you are! We couldn’t do this without your tireless support.

-----------
thank you claire and the entire team
:tears_of_joy:

Clare
04-18-2017, 01:28 PM
Does the MD5 error have anything to do with the constant disconnects. Does this mean I can finally play?

MD5s and Disconnections are two seperate issues.

All the information on the disconnects are here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48737-Known-Issue-Multiplayer-Disconnection

And this is what an MD5 error is, and all the info we have one them: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?50175-Known-Issue-Terrain-Rewriting

JS1HUNDRED
04-18-2017, 01:40 PM
When are you going to fix the lag and the clothing issue? We play every game naked because even just wearing only boots makes you overheat. It's never been addressed.

ZombieHoG
04-18-2017, 02:20 PM
When are you going to fix the lag and the clothing issue? We play every game naked because even just wearing only boots makes you overheat. It's never been addressed.

I have no problems with overheating as long as i have clothing with negative insulation (http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Clothing). Iron Armor is a must if you live and work (!) in hot biomes...

fazz68
04-18-2017, 02:38 PM
its still pouring with rain in the burnt biome (main map and random gen).... i think with the amount of rain there all the burning coals that litter the place would just be a mushy black sludge under ten feet of water. lol the rain i can put up with when traveling through... just turn down the rain noise.. please

ZombieHoG
04-18-2017, 02:54 PM
yeah, the burnt forrest... It's not fixed, it still rains as hell, but the rain evaporates completely to cool down the place :).
Afaik the devs added the rain to counter the heat(bug) in this area. This has nothing to do with clothing, though.

MutilatorJuice
04-18-2017, 03:05 PM

You are definitely not paying attention to which clothes that insulate and which ones breathe. There is no issue and thus needs no addressing. If you are still having problems figuring it out, there's nothing wrong with living in a snow biome. As stated by ZombieHoG above, iron armor is a must for a good temp balance.

BlueSnow
04-18-2017, 03:35 PM
"Fixing new MD5 errors that were introduced in the previous patch". Lol, instead of fixing, you introduce new ones. SMH.
"Fixing bird nest textures". Yeah, thank god because that's important.

Gunguy1989
04-18-2017, 05:42 PM
Wear iron armor or wear a bandana and shades, or pick the snow biome and put a puffer coat no shirt, pants boots and a mining helmet, or toboggan. There are clothes that cool you down instead of insulate look at the description of the clothes and look at the insulating, or for some deinsulating value

Arisuudana
04-18-2017, 06:21 PM
Seriously it is not like the Fun Pimps are grinding at the bit on this one, telltale should be more than caught up by now.
I would be looking into litigation on them at this point. They are obviously not holding up on their end.

Damselx1
04-18-2017, 06:45 PM
Thank you for the quick fix, much appreciated!

Zombizie
04-18-2017, 07:47 PM
Seriously it is not like the Fun Pimps are grinding at the bit on this one, telltale should be more than caught up by now.
I would be looking into litigation on them at this point. They are obviously not holding up on their end.

LOL ok

Thanks for the hot fix guys, much appreciated

timi1971
04-18-2017, 08:09 PM
It's not the fun pimps. It's TTG. The fun pimps are hard at work getting A16 ready for pc. All the issues with consoles are addressed and they have moved on. Madmole made a video about this and explains why some features are missing on console and why Somethings get fixed and others don't. The overheating issues as they were called have been addressed and new clothes were added and balanced. If it's litigation your looking into then how about selling a console port as a finished game when it's clearly still in early access, I believe that's false advertising. No where in the stores or the store page does it say it's in Early access but it's been said it's a work in progress. So which is it?

Dan724724
04-18-2017, 08:27 PM
Thank you, Clare and the rest of the Team!!

darklight666
04-18-2017, 08:51 PM
It's not the fun pimps. It's TTG. The fun pimps are hard at work getting A16 ready for pc. All the issues with consoles are addressed and they have moved on. Madmole made a video about this and explains why some features are missing on console and why Somethings get fixed and others don't. The overheating issues as they were called have been addressed and new clothes were added and balanced. If it's litigation your looking into then how about selling a console port as a finished game when it's clearly still in early access, I believe that's false advertising. No where in the stores or the store page does it say it's in Early access but it's been said it's a work in progress. So which is it?

not the fun pimps fult ? you have any ideal how wrong you are. it might not be there fault directly but they are to blame to quicky give them the right to do a console port that wasnt ready to be release nationwide with very little updates that really dont fix the game that bares the same name as the pc port. and speaking about the pc port i have tons of bugs within it as well and surely if they love the people who was eagar to give there hard earn cash to them they would think it would be important to help and fix the muiltplayer portion of the game that people have been bitching about since the time of its release rather then to constantly ignore time and time again and to let people know what they plan on taking out of the game with each new update. and to give steam players full on controler support that they said they have finished with yet still never give it to the players

- - - Updated - - -

"Fixing new MD5 errors that were introduced in the previous patch". Lol, instead of fixing, you introduce new ones. SMH.
"Fixing bird nest textures". Yeah, thank god because that's important.

oh you know them with each new update something else breaks its nothing new there and more likely well neve change

JS1HUNDRED
04-18-2017, 08:53 PM
Wear iron armor or wear a bandana and shades, or pick the snow biome and put a puffer coat no shirt, pants boots and a mining helmet, or toboggan. There are clothes that cool you down instead of insulate look at the description of the clothes and look at the insulating, or for some deinsulating value

Thanks to those who responded. I'll try to look closer at the clothes stats. I usually only wear a miners helmet, and a bandana, and iron armour when im able to make it. But i still think it's a bit unbalanced and silly that I can be only wearing boots and will over heat just because it's daytime

timi1971
04-18-2017, 08:57 PM
Fun pimps push the update. TTG decides what the console gets. Again... watch the video. I play both console and pc and it's way less buggy on the pc.

JS1HUNDRED
04-18-2017, 08:58 PM
Oh P.S. since the last update I have approached 2 drop boxes on the radar and can not see anything in its location.

timi1971
04-18-2017, 09:10 PM
Since the last update multiplayer doesn't work. After sending invites to friends to join they don't get them. Great while it lasted. Going back to pc

Snake eyes
04-18-2017, 11:39 PM
The title screen loads for a few seconds, then it goes back to the Xbox home screen. Is this happening to anyone else or any possible fixes?

Pythaeus
04-18-2017, 11:52 PM
HotFix make more bugs on PS4 patch 1.13 !

1. Spikes on Walls are Rotate to Startposition, looks like on floor ...
2. More Micro ScreenFreez on SinglePlayer.
3. Aiming with the Controler are to Strong on Lowest Sens.

Please repair the Freez and the Spikes.

Thank you

Snake eyes
04-19-2017, 12:21 AM
The title screen loads for a few seconds, then it goes back to the Xbox home screen. Is this happening to anyone else or any possible fixes?

B20munstar
04-19-2017, 12:22 AM
Just made a mini bike survived to day 17 logged off came back had an update then everything was gone but still on the current day i left it at day 17.....also spawned me on the other side of the map

Evildoer
04-19-2017, 12:32 AM

I have same issue as do all of the people I know that play is it still being worked on or are we hosed

Evildoer
04-19-2017, 12:40 AM
Staff great game people are impatient and have no idea what goes in to the games they play that being said I cannot find data on where you guys are with this fix done working as every xbox 1 user in all the communities I know can't get in please just let us know what's up and thanks in advance

Evildoer
04-19-2017, 12:52 AM

Any luck my friend

jamesltyler
04-19-2017, 12:57 AM
I have same issue as do all of the people I know that play is it still being worked on or are we hosed

that happend to me as well restarted my xbox a few times then relized there was an update in my games an apps menu after i did the updates i can get in my game but cant invite anyone same goes for all game types

Brimstone666
04-19-2017, 01:05 AM
I can't join my friends nor can they join me will this patch fix that

UnsentSoul
04-19-2017, 01:11 AM
This is incredible...

Any reason they broke multiplayer? Another hot fix to fix another ♥♥♥♥ up?

Funkinstein
04-19-2017, 01:34 AM
They need to roll back this hot fix. The bugs it created are worse than the bugs it supposedly fixed for sure.

MutilatorJuice
04-19-2017, 02:13 AM
Seeing this cluster****, I have to agree. What a nightmare. I would like to try to calm some people down and help but where to start? Not good at all

GotCrowkiller
04-19-2017, 03:11 AM
Did you try checking for updates

Boidster
04-19-2017, 03:19 AM
So...sounds like I am NOT playing 7d2d tonight. Do not want to hose up my world with a messed up patch. I'll gladly keep the poopnests if I can have rotated spikes back.

Does nobody at IG load up an ongoing map to check if things are working? I mean it sounds like a simple look at a log spike would tell them oops we broke our ♥♥♥♥.

B20munstar
04-19-2017, 03:24 AM
So how do I get my character back.... base is still up but I can only spawn in as a new character....so long mini bike I had

Damselx1
04-19-2017, 06:08 AM
Thanks to those who responded. I'll try to look closer at the clothes stats. I usually only wear a miners helmet, and a bandana, and iron armour when im able to make it. But i still think it's a bit unbalanced and silly that I can be only wearing boots and will over heat just because it's daytime

Is does depend on the biome you're in. The maple forest is known for overheating quickly, where as the pine forest can see you freeze when it rains. Your elevation is also supposed to have an impact. I find that once I have the iron armour, the overheating is rarely a problem, even with a miners hat on. I just wear a puffer jacket or leather duster if going into a colder area. Don't forget you can also make drinks to cool you down, such as red tea and yucca juice.

Damselx1
04-19-2017, 06:14 AM
Is this Multiplayer issue limited to X Box One or is it affecting the PS4 as well?

Brimstone666
04-19-2017, 07:13 AM
Hi all!

-------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 9.1
PS4 Version 1.13
XB1 Version 1.0.13.0

-----------

I haven't been able to play with my friends they cant join me and i can't join them i have done everything and also called Microsoft cause i can't get answers from you guys in any way and i really wanna play but if you can't fix it I'm going to get my money back

Clare
04-19-2017, 07:19 AM
Reminder that this post is for the hotfix discussion only. If it continues to go off topic I'll close it.

For those of you having problems, be it a bug, connection or loading issues please post in the CONSOLE BUG REPORTS section and I will get to you asap.

If you have already posted, please be patient, I am currently working through the posts from over the weekend.

DrSvenVonGibson
04-20-2017, 01:34 AM

Unfortunately for some, Just "addressing" an issue doesn't help. Yes, We all KNOW there are problems in the game. What needs to happen are the fixes. I've been ranting and talking about the MD5 issue for a while now, And I'm still as pissed as I was a week ago. The MD5 issues aren't like the texture issues, or the small gameplay issues. The MD5 is game breaking. It's the one thing that needs to be done before anything else. It doesn't allow players to actually PLAY the game. And we do all understand that this game came out for PC first, that isn't what people complain about. A lot of games that have been coming out in recent years have been ports to the Xbox or PS4 from PC. I don't know about Playstation, but on Xbox One, there is a feature called "Xbox Live Game Preview". The games that are listed in that category are usually ports from the PC. Before you buy one of those games, it does tell you that the game is a work in progress, and that you cannot expect features inside of the game to work as they should. However, 7DaystoDie is a full release, and by that, I mean they have gone on Xbox Live, in the stores, and have officially launched the title for players. Regardless of it being in Alpha (And what ♥♥♥♥ing PC online game isn't in alpha these ♥♥♥♥ing days) doesn't excuse the reasoning behind the MD5 not being fixed yet. TTG are the publishers. They don't have as much of hand in the game development as the actual developers, TFP, do. Supporting bugs not being fixed doesn't help, and you're part of the problem.

timi1971
04-20-2017, 03:37 AM
I agree with almost all of that post. First if you bother to watch Madmoles video on how patches work for console you would see that the patch gets pasted to tell tale games and they decide what gets patched. Also all those problems I have talked about in the past. I have this game on xbox one and PC. I am well aware what the issues are. The game worked great when it was first released and I've seen it get worse with each patch. Including what your complaining about. I've seen MP become broken three times.... with TTG saying it's the NAT settings or my ISP. While all other games work fine. I've reported all of them and most don't get fixed. But I don't complain and tell people their part of the problem. It's self entitled people like yourself. But hey cheer up buddy I hear TTG is going to be releasing another skin pack for you to buy, that will cheer you up.

ALamAnT42087
04-20-2017, 05:55 AM
Bunch of complainers in here lol, 5 years ago I would of sold my left nut for a game like this... it's survival based people. Get some hair on your chest, and restart...I kinda enjoy the random resets.... enjoy the basics and appreciate the game as it develops. Or, get a puppy.... therapy. Then make your state/country pay for it.... smdh

gelobledo
04-20-2017, 06:57 AM
i agree i make game harder i build small bases instead of mega bases, set loot to 75 to 50 percent, zombie spawns up 150 to 200, i fight close proximity to zombies on hoard night in the open, i eat corn raw, i throw bullets with my bare hands, my mini bike rides me, when i get MD5 i look it in the face and i tell that MD5 i crash harder on your mom then i show that MD5 and rebuild. remember guys game is in alpha it will get more and more awesome just stick with it.

YouRxD34Dx420218
04-20-2017, 08:38 AM
did the rotation of spikes get changed again in the last patch? i was able to put them sideways on walls now im not :grey:

MutilatorJuice
04-20-2017, 10:05 AM
did the rotation of spikes get changed again in the last patch? i was able to put them sideways on walls now im not :grey:

Yeah, their new analytic system apparently tagged that rotation as MD5 prone, so they removed it. It was cool, but best for everyone to remove it. They'll probably try to work it back in if possible.

YouRxD34Dx420218
04-20-2017, 12:37 PM
ah i see, i guess its for the best ATM... i did like it as well and hope that that rotation is fix and comes back! it made for more defence possiblities. thx for the fast reply

MutilatorJuice
04-20-2017, 12:44 PM
ah i see, i guess its for the best ATM... i did like it as well and hope that that rotation is fix and comes back! it made for more defence possiblities. thx for the fast reply

No problem

It did add a considerable amount of more damage per zombie as they loved running into them. Oh well. Hedgehog Street will have to wait

Pablodiablo316
04-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Ok alot of issues here some I think are valid but should be as CLare stated in the bugs report area for consoles
1) I liked the rotated spikes but if it means not risking the MD5 fine i can live without it (even though I have never had the dreaded MD5, my sympathies if you have).

2) Overheating, as ppl said look at the insulation figures. My current base is in the Maple forest area and overheating was an issue for me but now I have iron armour its rarely the case plus I make a smeg load of red teas.

3) this not being able to join multiplayer sounds bad. Anyone affected by it, should be in the bug reports section giving as much detail as possible so it can be fixed.

4) THIS GAME IS NOT AN ALPHA ON CONSOLES! Jeez how many times has this been stated. it is sold as a full game that will get FREE updates, the same as minecraft. TFP are working on the PC version, IG make the console version with TTG as the publisher. Sadly they tend to just refer ppl back here when complained to (whioch is pretty poor customer service IMO).

5) for me the game gets better each patch I pre-ordered the game and I remember all the problems with crashing at random, getting kicked if I tried to get water from any source other then a lake or river etc etc. It was annoying as hell and yet I have 100's of hours into the game and really enjoy it.

Last thing for ppl coming here to vent their anger. ABUSING other forum users or Clare will not get anything done! Clare may well be paid to deal with us all, but she does not deserve the crap that has been flung at her.

If you have an issue with the current patch that is what the BUG REPORT section of the forums are for. Post there giving as much detail as possible, if you can include pics or vidcaps to help them understand the issue. Constructive complaints and comments will get more done then being rude, abusive or just trolling the forum.

zzBuLLeTzz
04-20-2017, 06:26 PM
Hi all!

-------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 9.1
PS4 Version 1.13
XB1 Version 1.0.13.0

-----------

Hi,

Love the game, but since the hot fix ive been having more crashes and got nailed with a MD5 error in my base last night. (Thankfully I have a "in case of glitch" storage 100+ blocks away so rebuilding was semi quick)

Anyways, so I'm on Xbox ONE do I have any way to capture some data or submit something when this kinda stuff happens. I know originally only PS4 users could submit saves, but didn't know if something has changed.

Thanks!

MysteriousGT1
04-20-2017, 07:07 PM
4: THIS GAME IS NOT AN ALPHA ON CONSOLES! Jeez how many times has this been stated. it is sold as a full game that will get FREE updates, the same as minecraft. TFP are working on the PC version, IG make the console version with TTG as the publisher. Sadly they tend to just refer ppl back here when complained to (whioch is pretty poor customer service IMO).

I Bought the Game under that same Understanding...So far the only Free Updates are the Retexturing of Birdnests! LOL

No Wonder all my friends retired this game, and i have told potential Buyers to NOT Waste their time and Money!

Funkinstein
04-20-2017, 09:13 PM
I Bought the Game under that same Understanding...So far the only Free Updates are the Retexturing of Birdnests! LOL

No Wonder all my friends retired this game, and i have told potential Buyers to NOT Waste their time and Money!

Then why play or even participate in the forums anymore if you are just going to run everyone off? I mean, i can live with the bugs and so can a lot of others. Is it some sort of angry vendetta? Or the the I'm gonna throw a tantrum till you give in and give me what i want? I mean, yeah, i get it, the game disappoints people, but if you are that disappointed, why not move on or at least shelve it until a time down the road when it's all shiny 5x5 again?

And never forget the most important of rules regardless of your reasons: Don't pay anybody in advance. And don't ride in anything with a Capissen 38 engine, they fall right out of the sky.

MutilatorJuice
04-20-2017, 09:33 PM
Then why play or even participate in the forums anymore if you are just going to run everyone off? I mean, i can live with the bugs and so can a lot of others. Is it some sort of angry vendetta? Or the the I'm gonna throw a tantrum till you give in and give me what i want? I mean, yeah, i get it, the game disappoints people, but if you are that disappointed, why not move on or at least shelve it until a time down the road when it's all shiny 5x5 again?

Oooooo. Rationality and immaturity do not go hand in hand. I'll actually listen to someones opinion if they do it constructively. Otherwise, there's no point.

Funkinstein
04-20-2017, 09:40 PM
I like to listen to a constructive opinion too, but why would you run people away from a game and then continue to play it yourself? Seems counter productive to me and I honestly wanted to understand the point of view on that, not mock it or anything. I just honestly don't get that one tiny part, and I've seen a fair number of people on the forums claim to do the same thing. So either i learn the motivation and/or line of thinking or I out a troll (which I HIGHLY doubt is the case). Either way, i see a win in my question.

MutilatorJuice
04-20-2017, 10:09 PM
Oh, absolutely. I didn't mean to devalue your question. I just have no faith that you'd actually get a logical answer. Or any answer at all really, because all they do is post, then are never seen again. But I get it. Apologies

Funkinstein
04-20-2017, 10:38 PM
Lol no I totally misunderstood as well. All good bro.

Pvt Partts227
04-21-2017, 12:49 PM
Wife and I quit playing. Plan on taking a look at the game a year from now.

MysteriousGT1
04-21-2017, 01:44 PM

And never forget the most important of rules regardless of your reasons: Don't pay anybody in advance. And don't ride in anything with a Capissen 38 engine, they fall right out of the sky.

I Hit a Nerve LoL

Its Called, Freedom of Speech, and the People i turned away from the game wanted my HONEST opinion, I Gave it to them, Im Not gonna sugar coat it cause your Hot Head cant handle it!

did you want me to lie to them and say i think the game is good in this current State? Keep getting hot headed!

MysteriousGT1
04-21-2017, 02:07 PM
I like to listen to a constructive opinion too, but why would you run people away from a game and then continue to play it yourself? Seems counter productive to me and I honestly wanted to understand the point of view on that, not mock it or anything. I just honestly don't get that one tiny part, and I've seen a fair number of people on the forums claim to do the same thing. So either i learn the motivation and/or line of thinking or I out a troll (which I HIGHLY doubt is the case). Either way, i see a win in my question.

again, When people ask for a HONEST Opinion about a game (Whether i play it or not) I Give it to them, i have Recommended the game alot in the Past and have been asked why i recommended the game when they found out the game was a complete disaster...im Not going to Lie to anyone else on why the game is good enough to buy...my honest opinion is Dont waste your money like I Did!

This Game was sold on Lies and Broken Promises, the free Content updates have been NOTHING But Retexture This, or Stabilization That!

I For One Love the game and hope it makes up for the Broken Promises they gave us when we bought the game, But not enough to recommend it to someone else until i feel its what people might want to play or have fun Playing!

Clare
04-21-2017, 02:41 PM
So, ya'll are entitled to your opinion about the game, how you feel about devs etc so long as you keep within the forum rules that the mods have set up etc.

But this post was about the Hotfix, and discussing the Hotfix. As it's gone off topic, I'm going to just close the thread.

For anyone seeing this post that wishes to discuss bugs or issues with me, please head to the console bug reports section of the forum.

Clare