PDA

View Full Version : Prefabs & Alpha 16

AshenTemper
06-28-2017, 02:36 AM
Has anyone played around much with pre-A16 prefabs in A16? Will it be an easy transition or better to just start making prefabs from scratch? I tried to import the TWD prison into a local world and it didn't like that. But I also haven't really looking into what has changed so not sure if it is something simple or not.

TL;DR - Anyone used existing prefabs in A16 and able to convert them so they work?

TopMinder
06-28-2017, 04:18 AM
The most small Buildings are easy, other bigger buildings needs some hours of work if you want to correct all wrong blocks.
I have fixed all my buildings for A16. You only need some Tools like Hal´s Converter, Mesh Maker, bbb, Pille´s Editor, or
Stompy´s bc.

StompyNZ
06-28-2017, 04:37 AM
to bring an a15 prefab into a16 grab hals prefab converter (stick under mod tools, in first post)

after that all that blocks will be valid and you can import, fix any issues, and export the updates

Magoli
06-28-2017, 05:17 PM
to bring an a15 prefab into a16 grab hals prefab converter (stick under mod tools, in first post)

after that all that blocks will be valid and you can import, fix any issues, and export the updates

a little add to that:
i recommend to wait for the next converter-update before u convert ur a15-prefabs.
I have found a dozens of wrong Blocks and/or Rotations. Hal is noticed and will update the next days i think.

cheers

AshenTemper
06-28-2017, 08:25 PM
Fantastic! Thanks for the info. I figure I have a long weekend ahead of me so I'll probably put some time aside to work on old ones or build new ones.