PDA

View Full Version : HOTFIX INBOUND - Patch 10.1

Clare
07-14-2017, 02:03 PM
**Update: confirmed as submitted and approved, will be released Monday**

**Update2: Change of plan, it's out now**

Hi all,

I wanted to give you a heads up that a hotfix is on the way from the team. This will address 3 things the community has brought to out attention since the release of Patch 10.

- Special Characters
Translations of new items in the game were missing special characters making them difficult to search for or read. All translations should now read as normal.

- Darkness
Adjustments have been made to the lighting levels in the game.

- Fog/Mist
This will no longer enter buildings and will be less opaque overall.

As will all hotfix announcements I only post once, they don't have the same submission and release posts full patches do, so keep an eye out for it!

This hotfix will only address these 3 items in the game. All other issues reported so far are still being looked into. If you wish to report an issue yourself, please post in the Console Bug Reports section and I will get back to you asap - Do not post bug reports below!

I also do not have info on feature updates or any bugs beyond what I have already posted on the forums.

Please keep this thread civil and on topic, it is for the discussion of this hotfix ONLY.

Thank you,
Clare

Sammo
07-14-2017, 02:21 PM
Brilliant news! Thanks Clare 👍

LONEWOLF231
07-14-2017, 02:21 PM
NOO! But i loved the Darkness and the dense mist. The game looked great thanks to those two new features. Made the game look creepy. Guess ill have to make sure not to apply said hot-fix. No clue why people cry about every little thing. Its like they say if it isnt broken dont fix it. And thanks for the heads up. And i am loving the new patch. TFP did an amazing job thank you.

TLH069
07-14-2017, 02:32 PM
The mist was kinda cool in the buildings. You had broken windows and doors to make the mist travel inside. That was cool I have to say.

Elliannia
07-14-2017, 02:33 PM
Will this only take effect on new maps?

Xlxfearlessxlx
07-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Thank you! It was a real problem with visibility. Normally we have a person keeping watch for wandering hordes and animals, so it had lost a lot of effectiveness

LONEWOLF231
07-14-2017, 02:36 PM
The mist was kinda cool in the buildings. You had broken windows and doors to make the mist travel inside. That was cool I have to say.

I highly agree. It added a sense of realism. But ohh well it was good till it lasted. Need to check out what other things people are complaining about. lol

@Xlxfearlessxlx

Really??? Never had a problem myself and i am flying solo. I can easily spot everything even through the dense mist. Its not hard at all. But ohh well guess the game got too hard for some people. What TFP needs to do rather than completely change the mist they should add an option to choose the density.

Platypusmuerte
07-14-2017, 02:37 PM
Fantastic, but this doesnt fix those dang dogs? zomg! lol 8) Happy Friday

Clare
07-14-2017, 02:46 PM

Will double check, but as it's all atmospheric, it shouldn't need a new map. But will clarify for special characters etc.

- - - Updated - - -

To be clear, the mist/fog and darkness aren't going anywhere, we are just adjusting them to match A15.

Darkness was a touch darker than the PC counterpart when brought over.
Mist shouldn't have been that thick or inside buildings - this was fixed at a later date on PC, we're basically adding that in.

Clare
07-14-2017, 02:50 PM
Fantastic, but this doesnt fix those dang dogs? zomg! lol 8) Happy Friday

No adjustments being made there as of yet. They are working on removing waterland spawns as far as I know though.

LONEWOLF231
07-14-2017, 02:51 PM
Will double check, but as it's all atmospheric, it shouldn't need a new map. But will clarify for special characters etc.

- - - Updated - - -

To be clear, the mist/fog and darkness aren't going anywhere, we are just adjusting them to match A15.

Mist shouldn't have been that thick or inside buildings - this was fixed at a later date on PC, we're basically adding that in.

Ohhh i see cool cool. Thanks for the Clarification Clare.

Loucous
07-14-2017, 02:53 PM
First time I saw the fog inside my base i was cooking grilled meat at the camp fire and I thought, damn that is next level immersion. :smile-new:

Wjiiv
07-14-2017, 02:58 PM
I liked the darkness....made lighting seem usefull.

Darkhyron
07-14-2017, 03:03 PM
Anyone has issues like snow entered to their bases? I have a small bunker made with concrete and the snow still pass

Loucous
07-14-2017, 03:08 PM
Anyone has issues like snow entered to their bases? I have a small bunker made with concrete and the snow still pass

Thats interesting about the snow, it does rain inside my base but only on the crafting table and forges though lol.

sandman2838
07-14-2017, 03:22 PM
I get that a lot, especially early on before I upgrade my build. Wood doors and hatches leak, both rain and snow, and it seems to even find its way in (through cracks I guess) in my tunnels sometimes, but only near the escape exits. Nothing short of concrete and vault hatches seemed to seal good enough to keep the weather completely out. At least that's how I look at it. After all, we are not exactly accomplished miners, or builders, we're just surviving!lol

HyjaxxNine
07-14-2017, 03:28 PM
Thats interesting about the snow, it does rain inside my base but only on the crafting table and forges though lol.

That sounds like it might be related to the underground teleport bug. I was in my underground bunker during a blood moon and when i went through a door way it teleported me to the surface. When i got back down in my bunker there was grass and snow down there.

Splitknuckler
07-14-2017, 03:42 PM
Great...i knew all the crybabies would suck the immersion out of this awesome game. A few more months of whiners and it'll be full Minecraft atmosphere

fazz68
07-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Great...i knew all the crybabies would suck the immersion out of this awesome game. A few more months of whiners and it'll be full Minecraft atmosphere

agreed.

this last update made 7 days awesome again. the atmosphere was spot on. nice dark nights, eerie fog drifting in... loved it... i really hope they aint ♥♥♥♥ed this update up coz people cant turn up the brightness on their tv's or shut their curtains while playing or god forbid..... craft a torch or wear a miners helmet....:(

and leave the zombie dog spawns alone.....

Megumi
07-14-2017, 03:57 PM
This is good news. I like the darkness but I did have to turn up my gamma 1/3 of the way to make it better so I have room to play on making the game darker if need be. The fog was very frustrating and am glad it's getting fixed. I liked the Silent Hill franchise but muh gawd the super thick fog that lasted for days was aneurism inducing and made it a lot harder to play.

It would be awesome if this fog was like that around rivers and lake area's in the morning hours of the day as this is realistic to real life events during certain times of the year. I have been in a few places where the fog gets like that and it felt the same to me which was pretty neat but it never covered my whole state lol just around rivers and lakes or very hilly areas where there was little to no wind.

Billyjack
07-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Thank you for everything you do fun pimps

Daweki
07-14-2017, 03:58 PM
Maybe I'm just blind but, when will the Hotfix be online?

MutilatorJuice
07-14-2017, 04:04 PM
Maybe I'm just blind but, when will the Hotfix be online?

Most likely later today. The latest would be tomorrow. Hotfixes are small and pass QA really fast

Clare
07-14-2017, 04:07 PM
Most likely later today. The latest would be tomorrow. Hotfixes are small and pass QA really fast

I haven't received confirmation of submission yet, will let you know when I do. Even hotfixes unfortunately wont be released heading into a weekend juuuuuuuuust in case. I was just told to give ye a heads up so, chances are, all going according to plan it'll be early next week.

SylenThunder
07-14-2017, 04:23 PM
Like Tuesday. Because both Sony and MS like Tuesday for update dates.

JTGlacticHero
07-14-2017, 05:06 PM
Fog and snow shouldn't be in a building completely boarded up, nor should it be all the way to bed rock. So, it's not "taking away the immersion" it was a bug that need to be fixed an I'm glad it's going to be fix. It strains your eyes.

TLH069
07-14-2017, 05:20 PM
I agree with the option. Someone said the weapon sensitivity should be in the options. That would be nice to have that option. Please let us have that option for the people who want to keep the mist and darkness the way it is. I gamma my game if I need to so darkness it's that big of a deal.

TLH069
07-14-2017, 05:25 PM
I agree, it shouldn't be in boarded up buildings and caves. I wouldn't want it to go completely out. But the mist gives it a little extra challenge when looting and working outside.

- - - Updated - - -

Adjust the gamma in the options is what I do.

TLH069
07-14-2017, 05:29 PM
Cool, the mist/fog is so amazing while you are looting. That added challenge is awesome.

Clare
07-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Confirmed as submitted and approved. Will release Monday.

JDiceArt777
07-14-2017, 06:29 PM
Confirmed as submitted and approved. Will release Monday.

Nice!

Clare
07-14-2017, 06:32 PM

Got word that you shouldn't need to start a new map for these fixes

fyiiamaheavy
07-14-2017, 06:36 PM
Hate to ask but does this patch include a fix for the toggable light thing?

Mwcpftw
07-14-2017, 06:40 PM
Got word that you shouldn't need to start a new map for these fixes
Thanks for the news clare, I have been curious for a while when the "summer update #2" is released, does the #1 imply that there will be more major console updates?

fyiiamaheavy
07-14-2017, 06:47 PM
With the name of the title is implies we will get more updates this summer

Damselx1
07-14-2017, 09:21 PM
Thanks Clare; good to know a fix is coming.

Deltawolfe77
07-14-2017, 09:51 PM
Me and a friend have this mine that has a lot of resources but alot of water every time we get in the water it kills us in an instance it's glitching land over water and acts like we are falling from a mountain lol

kycoalminer
07-14-2017, 10:10 PM
the overheating issue should take top priority. minus temp cloths and red drink and i still stay at 120 taking damage. hope it gets fixed soon.

fyiiamaheavy
07-14-2017, 10:25 PM
Ps4 downloaded 1.15 thought you said Monday Clare :p thanks for the patch

Magoguitarrista
07-14-2017, 10:25 PM
We make a zombie game and:
-Hey guys the zombies are broken on A16, they don't aggro nor react to shots and wandering hordes just past right trough you and totally ignore you.
*Ok but the fog works fine now doesn't?
-Yes but is a zombie game, don't you think the zombies are more im...
*But the new wolves are cute aren't?
- Yes yes but the zombi...
* Electricity FTW!...
Please fix the damn zombies aggro the dogs AI, I know zombies don't have a brain but they just retarded now, And this is even more evident when you set the "run always" as default, they all run in circles like retaraded thanks :)
PSDT: The 90% of this update is ok, I know is an ambitious update and is hard, and there is only so much to program and fix, but I just can believe your not making focus on the main theme of the game, The zombies. They where just fine at 15.2, now they are a joke. (A bad one)

King_moltar
07-14-2017, 10:42 PM
The mist in the buildings was wierd. But the darkness isn't just crying about every little thing. It was to dark. On a clear sunny day at high noon, you still needed a light source to see in the shade. That's to dark

Evil Genius Prime
07-14-2017, 10:49 PM
Fog and snow shouldn't be in a building completely boarded up, nor should it be all the way to bed rock. So, it's not "taking away the immersion" it was a bug that need to be fixed an I'm glad it's going to be fix. It strains your eyes.

This. Exactly this. I'm also glad they're fixing this bug.

Neonfriction
07-14-2017, 10:58 PM
After having an hour to calm down from my recent base deletions I decided the best option would be to come back and enable cheat menu to spawn my stuff back..... it's only now I realise you can't enable the cheat menu after you start a game :-(

Considering console suffers pretty badly from this glitch would it be possible to have the option to turn cheat mode on after the map has started so that we can at least have a fighting chance to build our stuff back with little inconvenience? To me this sounded like the obvious answer to my problem until I realised it can't be done :-(

Neonfriction
07-14-2017, 11:02 PM
Also my console is a brand new Xbox one S with an external 3TB WD. In the UK at around 15 degrees Celsius so it's actually cold. None of the theory that it's old dirty hot machines applies to this situation.

Colbert_DRFT
07-14-2017, 11:24 PM
Yeah Clare any idea of when we'll get alpha 16 it's pretty badass on pc

Clare
07-14-2017, 11:29 PM
For those asking about other updates or info on other bug fixes etc, it does say in the OP that I don't have that info. What I know I post.

Also yeah, change of plan, it's own now.

- - - Updated - - -

We make a zombie game and:
-Hey guys the zombies are broken on A16, they don't aggro nor react to shots and wandering hordes just past right trough you and totally ignore you.
*Ok but the fog works fine now doesn't?
-Yes but is a zombie game, don't you think the zombies are more im...
*But the new wolves are cute aren't?
- Yes yes but the zombi...
* Electricity FTW!...
Please fix the damn zombies aggro the dogs AI, I know zombies don't have a brain but they just retarded now, And this is even more evident when you set the "run always" as default, they all run in circles like retaraded thanks :)
PSDT: The 90% of this update is ok, I know is an ambitious update and is hard, and there is only so much to program and fix, but I just can believe your not making focus on the main theme of the game, The zombies. They where just fine at 15.2, now they are a joke. (A bad one)

this is a console update though.....if it's the same as console though, clear your game cache.

paulquinn
07-14-2017, 11:31 PM
Hi there just wondering if there are any trader poi in the console version and will someone please put the ostrich hotel in the console version?

That is all thanks

Jax
07-14-2017, 11:32 PM
Good Another Little Fix Up :)

BattleAxolotl
07-15-2017, 12:23 AM
Will this glitch be fixed this update? Or soon? I love the game and play with my s/o but they have stopped playing because our last game glitched as well. This will be the third time and it's quite heartbreaking when you've put time and effort in

Antnelson19
07-15-2017, 12:26 AM
Nice on 1.15 😀

PantsThief
07-15-2017, 12:26 AM
So you say Monday? But what was the Ver. 1.15 fix I downloaded a hour ago? I'm jumping in now to see if this is the "general bug fix"

Nevermind I see something change on OP! Sweet!
This is what happens when you get busy in real life and forget to post a hour ago.
These fixes sound great to me!
Thanks to TFP and The Clare for keeping us updated!

RuttedLightning
07-15-2017, 12:29 AM
Wow, thank the team for getting this out so fast!!

PantsThief
07-15-2017, 12:31 AM
Wow, thank the team for getting this out so fast!!

Right! Really cool, I was thinking maybe next month we would see something.

MutilatorJuice
07-15-2017, 12:53 AM
Called it :smile-new:

Radio_Metro
07-15-2017, 01:10 AM
iam pretty happy they got rid of the fog inside of bases and such, because it was kinda a nuisance and annoying to look at thx for the fix! :D

__--__
--__--

Strathos
07-15-2017, 01:22 AM
Just downloaded the hotfix, thank you Claire 👍

Funk707
07-15-2017, 01:29 AM
Been hit with the Md5 error 4 times since update 10 has happened. Fix that issue damn. Only issue that really needs fixed. I can't play this game til that's fixed, too many wasted hours and amazing bases GONE.

Funk707
07-15-2017, 01:33 AM
Focus on MD5, obviously the developers don't play this game that much to experience a game ending Md5 glitch. It's damn heartbreaking, depressing and makes me want to quit my Favorite game. All this new content just made the Md5 worse and its a huge bummer.

MutilatorJuice
07-15-2017, 01:45 AM
Focus on MD5, obviously the developers don't play this game that much to experience a game ending Md5 glitch. It's damn heartbreaking, depressing and makes me want to quit my Favorite game. All this new content just made the Md5 worse and its a huge bummer.

Try to stay on topic. There are plenty of other threads to discuss this issue. Thanks

Strathos
07-15-2017, 01:50 AM

I too have lost countless hours to MD5. I believe it to be primarily a memory issue, perhaps even a memory leak.

It appears if you completely exit your game and restart it from dashboard every 90 minutes, you can avoid this error until it is corrected. I am 70 hours into my patch 10 game and have had no errors.

Hope this helps.

Chick
07-15-2017, 02:36 AM
I am wondering if we will be able to plant and harvest mushrooms for the Xbox console?

I also just did the latest update for Xbox console and i noticed that other players got an update to the workbench and they cam make the chemistry Station but i do not have it in my workbench at all can you help me please? my science skill is maxed out thank you for your any help you can give.

Hotstuff5743
07-15-2017, 02:36 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad we couldn't have an option that allowed us to keep the sky default to the PC Version or darken the sky once again. I actually loved it super dark cuz it made it not only more fun to try to find rocks & what not but there was an eerie ominous feeling when it came to horde night & everything from the sky to the fog had a hit of red in it. Those nights were the ones u knew if u didn't get to high ground or well equipped u were beyond buffaloed.

MutilatorJuice
07-15-2017, 02:50 AM
I am wondering if we will be able to plant and harvest mushrooms for the Xbox console?

I also just did the latest update for Xbox console and i noticed that other players got an update to the workbench and they cam make the chemistry Station but i do not have it in my workbench at all can you help me please? my science skill is maxed out thank you for your any help you can give.

The recipe is actually located in your recipes. Use the search in your inventory. Enjoy

Roxorz
07-15-2017, 03:00 AM
NOO! But i loved the Darkness and the dense mist. The game looked great thanks to those two new features. Made the game look creepy. Guess ill have to make sure not to apply said hot-fix. No clue why people cry about every little thing. Its like they say if it isnt broken dont fix it. And thanks for the heads up. And i am loving the new patch. TFP did an amazing job thank you.

Can we make dense mist and greater darkness options in the future? That would make everyone happy 🙃

Rhineschtr
07-15-2017, 03:11 AM
Noooooooooo. Please please don't nerf this game who cares about people says "it's too hard". Come on man!!!!! Everything gets nerfed these days gosh!!!!

Rhineschtr
07-15-2017, 03:14 AM
By the way my 5 foot 2 wife says you people saying "it's to hard" are just a bunch of wieners

Jlowe
07-15-2017, 03:39 AM
Noooooooooo. Please please don't nerf this game who cares about people says "it's too hard". Come on man!!!!! Everything gets nerfed these days gosh!!!!

i for one am very glad they fixed the darkness issue, even with my brightness turned to max on my tv, i can't even see ♥♥♥♥ during like noon in-game. i don't mind the darkness, when it's supposed to be dark, but....yeh it was a bit much.

Kirky81
07-15-2017, 03:50 AM
I just had an update download on my ps4. Did they release the hot fix early?

Roxorz
07-15-2017, 04:03 AM

Need to start a fresh game for new content to be available.

Liquid faktor
07-15-2017, 04:04 AM
This wasn't a problem b4 patch 10. Only happened to me once but since then I restarted to enjoy patch 10 content and I can't even get past day 9 without 80% of my stuff getting wiped, due to this I rebuilt and even restarted multiple times. I just can't do it anymore.

Roxorz
07-15-2017, 04:06 AM
I just had an update download on my ps4. Did they release the hot fix early?

Hot fix is live

- - - Updated - - -

This wasn't a problem b4 patch 10. Only happened to me once but since then I restarted to enjoy patch 10 content and I can't even get past day 9 without 80% of my stuff getting wiped, due to this I rebuilt and even restarted multiple times. I just can't do it anymore.

Go to your save data and there should be a reserved 1 gig cache, delete it and restart your game. Helps prevent md5. 38 days in and no md5 for me since

Maggot_8741
07-15-2017, 04:28 AM
What does it mean by update 2 is out now? Is that the summer update #2?

Kirky81
07-15-2017, 05:00 AM
What does it mean by update 2 is out now? Is that the summer update #2?

No not summer update 2. She meant second update delivery timing for the hot fix.

Rhineschtr
07-15-2017, 05:25 AM
Crazy, I can see perfectly at noon and now I can see perfectly at midnight. I guess again I don't need a torch or a flash light or a mobile spotlight..... all I need is a mining helmet. Guess my non uhd tv is so awesome I could see the game under default settings before the lighting was "fixed". Everyone should buy an lg tv you can see everything

Strayheart
07-15-2017, 05:57 AM
that fog/mist was hurting my eyes something chronic, thank god its fixed lol.

Strayheart
07-15-2017, 06:06 AM
i cant speak for anyone else but the density of the fog made it extremely painful for my eyes to keep adjusting, not necessarily hard to see things but just irritating to vision it being that thick.
also mist in buildings was realistic? does mist/fog come into your house from outside irl? lol

Ozzabong
07-15-2017, 07:33 AM
Crazy, I can see perfectly at noon and now I can see perfectly at midnight. I guess again I don't need a torch or a flash light or a mobile spotlight..... all I need is a mining helmet. Guess my non uhd tv is so awesome I could see the game under default settings before the lighting was "fixed". Everyone should buy an lg tv you can see everything

Damn so it is my tv. I didnt have to adjust anything i never had a problem.. 55" lg tv here to.. Love it

Mregomies
07-15-2017, 07:44 AM
So, update/hotfix is already out! Thx Clare, TFP and Sony!

Hellsmoke
07-15-2017, 08:44 AM
No adjustments being made there as of yet. They are working on removing waterland spawns as far as I know though.

I like the dogs and the new danger, just not spawning newbies in there lol so perfect solution. :)

Outlaw_187
07-15-2017, 09:02 AM
Awesome....see yet another fix. I have yet to see any other game update & add in so much stuff after purchase of a game as often as this....and FOR FREE!!! This game & everyone involved kicks a$$!! Thank you!!!

RuttedLightning
07-15-2017, 09:03 AM
Been hit with the Md5 error 4 times since update 10 has happened. Fix that issue damn. Only issue that really needs fixed. I can't play this game til that's fixed, too many wasted hours and amazing bases GONE.

md5's are one of the hardest errors to pin down and fix. It will get done

Pablodiablo316
07-15-2017, 09:44 AM
By the way my 5 foot 2 wife says you people saying "it's to hard" are just a bunch of wieners

And this has what to do with the flipping game? I am 6 ft 11 does that have any bearing on my gaming or how hard the game is? NOPE:P

I found the mist inside to be irritating and stupid specially as it makes you too cold and wet, I had got around it by adjusting the game settings but as Clare said it was not supposed to be the way it was so it has been corrected, maybe they could introduce an option for those who like it to put it back, no idea myself, not a programmer.

As for insulting ppl who found it too hard. Eve1 has different abilty levels. my sis is abetter builder, I am better combat wise. (lot of time spent in fps games over the years)

- - - Updated - - -

Just had my 1st dose of fog since the hot fi, much better, it has made it harder to see but its more like 15 ft of vision as opposed to say 3ft like it was pre patch lol, bout right I think

Thelek
07-15-2017, 03:50 PM

40" LG here. it is also over 10 years old. best TV i ever owned. i only buy LG stuff anymore when avaiable.

now to the real reason for my reply.

an update downloaded yesterday for my XB1. i presume it was the hot fix. however, as far as i can tell, nothing has changed. my wife and i play local co-op and we still get the constant rain in the desert and plains with the inpenetral fog that even fills buildings. as for the other fixes, i cannot say as everything seems to be the same there, as well. at the time of the update, we were on day 8 of a map started the day of the big update. after the hotfix installed, i resume our game and after a few minutes she joined. at firsy, everything seemed ok, until she opened her backpack. it was completely empty despite the fact she had left the game right after we had looted the horde and logged out without emprting her pack. everything she had looted from the horde was gone as was her normal gear she carried.

personnaly, i dont have with most of the weather related glitches, it is after a nuclear war, afterall, one should expect screwy weather patterns. but i am not a fan of that screwy weather being inside buildings with me. especially if i have fixed all the holes.

the only issues i see with any of the zombies are traveling hordes that either pass you by or mob you enmasse and the packs of dogs that come out of nowhere and tear you to shreds before you even know they are there. since the big update, i have yet to encounter dogs in groups of fewer than 6 and never a single dog.

i have been fortunate enough to have been allowed to take part in more than a few ALPHAS and BETAS over the last 20 years and one thing they all have had in common was differences in opinions by the players involved. but oddly enough, this is a good thing because it gives developers fuel to make a good game great and a great game mindblowing. (7DTD
is in the mindblowing category, btw). best thing to do is to play nicely, children. dont get upset with someone because you dont share their opinion. instead, politely make your own opinion known. in most cases the developers will find a solution that will make most players happy.

to all developers, thankyou for a truly wonderful game and for your continued support in making the game even better even past the point where most developers would have gone on to other things.

PhilNGraves
07-15-2017, 06:58 PM
How about a tidbit for all the folk who don't have the sense to realize everyone isn't you: I have 2 xbox's and 2 different tv's. The decade old vizio showed almost zero difference in darkness after 10 dropped... at first my friends where all panicing because they couldn't see anything. So I loaded the game up on the new emmerson on the other xbox... literally had to max out the gamma to see under a tree (shade) in blazing sun in the plains-ish biome... and with gamma maxed out the intesity of lights and the bloom from the edges where bright met shade made my eyes want to bleed... and as for fog in buildings: seriously? you think thats normal? You wake up in your home to find fog billowing about and either your house is on fire, or Jason Vorhees is coming to get you. Slinging insults out of ignorance and without consideration is a bit foolhardy, no?

LONEWOLF231
07-15-2017, 08:12 PM
Im not digging the changes at all. The Darkness and dense mist made the game feel creepy. Before you had to actually be careful not to bump into an incoming horde. Now you can go around them like nothing cause you can spot them from like a mile away through the weak mist. The sense of tension is gone. Im glad they released a hotfix but like i said if it isnt broken dont fix it. I am seriously disappointed.

crazywildfire
07-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Im not digging the changes at all. The Darkness and dense mist made the game feel creepy. Before you had to actually be careful not to bump into an incoming horde. Now you can go around them like nothing cause you can spot them from like a mile away through the weak mist. The sense of tension is gone. Im glad they released a hotfix but like i said if it isnt broken dont fix it. I am seriously disappointed.

Just because you don't see it broken does not mean it wasn't. Even on the pc they had the same problem and TFP said it was not how it was intended to be. If you don't fix a bug even the ones that might not seem like a bug to some it can lead to bigger problems down the road with other updates. Now I don't know about you but I don't want that problem.... as much as I enjoy the fog besides in my base I understand why they fixed it. We felt the same way on pc when A15 was released with fog but now with other updates we done moved on from it lol

gelobledo
07-15-2017, 09:23 PM
A fix for MD5 error is live when in game find a open spot away from pre fabs and build main base. Really with alllllll the threads and notes you guys are STILL building crazy bases with pre fabs COME ON. I burned my hand on a stove when i was a kid and guess what i havent done it again. SERIOUSLY dont get mad at devs be angry at yourselves for continuing to build there when everyone on these forums has told you not to but i digress.

CLARE and team you guys have done an awesome job. Dont make game easier there is a difficulty setting for that. MAKE IT HARDER. Make dogs teleport through walls and cop zombies have a special nuke blast that weakens all blocks and players to 5% health, flying fearals, zombies that can phase through concrete, a white rabbit that can one hit decapitate you. YEA MAKE GAME HARDCORE

Dirtydcs
07-15-2017, 10:08 PM
Does this patch mean we have traders? If so do i need to start a new world again

crazywildfire
07-15-2017, 10:16 PM
A fix for MD5 error is live when in game find a open spot away from pre fabs and build main base. Really with alllllll the threads and notes you guys are STILL building crazy bases with pre fabs COME ON. I burned my hand on a stove when i was a kid and guess what i havent done it again. SERIOUSLY dont get mad at devs be angry at yourselves for continuing to build there when everyone on these forums has told you not to but i digress.

CLARE and team you guys have done an awesome job. Dont make game easier there is a difficulty setting for that. MAKE IT HARDER. Make dogs teleport through walls and cop zombies have a special nuke blast that weakens all blocks and players to 5% health, flying fearals, zombies that can phase through concrete, a white rabbit that can one hit decapitate you. YEA MAKE GAME HARDCORE

Really? As I do not have MD5 problems I can see where it is frustrating. A work around is not a fix. No matter how you look at it that doesn't solve the problem. I play on ps4 and have builds there with no problems ever. I have seen people post that they build in middle of nowhere and it still happens. Again a work around does not solve the issue.

Yes the developers do a great job with the game. Yes it could be harder but when something is not intended and is a bug it needs to be fixed as that bug could open a window for a bigger bug. But people like you are just to blind to see that and will never get it. I personally loved the way the fog was besides it being inside my base. But I was one of the few that didn't get the bugs it was causing. I did on pc so I know what they was talking about. But as they said it wasn't intended on pc either so they fixed it.

lusscanon
07-15-2017, 10:21 PM
Do we need to make a New Game to apply the patch or its apply in our previous game ( game from 1.14 patch)

Thelek
07-15-2017, 11:22 PM
ok, guess i am a bit stupid. i did a search to find out what exactly a MD5 error was, but all i could find was a bunch of tech mumbo-jumble that made my eyes cross and gave a record migraine. could some one please explain what a MD5 error is in terms that even my grandparents could undrestand? i sometimes experience a crash where the screen freezes with a loud electronic buzz, but restarting the console seems to fix things right up. but i experience this kind of crash in all my games, not just 7DTD.

LONEWOLF231
07-16-2017, 12:21 AM
Just because you don't see it broken does not mean it wasn't. Even on the pc they had the same problem and TFP said it was not how it was intended to be. If you don't fix a bug even the ones that might not seem like a bug to some it can lead to bigger problems down the road with other updates. Now I don't know about you but I don't want that problem.... as much as I enjoy the fog besides in my base I understand why they fixed it. We felt the same way on pc when A15 was released with fog but now with other updates we done moved on from it lol

True true.

MrCervelo
07-16-2017, 01:53 AM
ok, guess i am a bit stupid. i did a search to find out what exactly a MD5 error was, but all i could find was a bunch of tech mumbo-jumble that made my eyes cross and gave a record migraine. could some one please explain what a MD5 error is in terms that even my grandparents could undrestand? i sometimes experience a crash where the screen freezes with a loud electronic buzz, but restarting the console seems to fix things right up. but i experience this kind of crash in all my games, not just 7DTD.

MD5 is a checksum algorithm, the idea being that the game is able to perform an integrity check on a chunk when it's being loaded to ensure that nothing untoward has happened. This could be to ensure that people aren't hacking their saves to give them items etc, or it could just be to ensure that everything is good.

What's happening in this case, is that the game is crashing while it's saving the chunk, so the chunk is only partly saved, and the new checksum hasn't been calculated and written to storage. So upon load, the game will perform the checksum on the data on storage, and compare it to what it also has stored. It will then find a difference. The game will then regenerate that chunk from the original seed, so it will undo all changes that have been performed.

Splitknuckler
07-16-2017, 01:54 AM

In short, the md5 is a reset. It only affects a small area (8 blocks by 8 blocks I believe). So let's say you're standing at a corner of your base which has a workbench and 4 storage containers. The game freezes, dashboards you, and when you reload the game, ONLY THAT CORNER is reset to its original day 1 state (so in a prefab, it goes back to normal like you never touched it). The other 3 corners might be fine, but that one is wiped clean. No workbench, storage, etc. All items in the containers are gone, etc. This also affects the ENTIRE corner, from bedrock to sky, so anything under or over you at the time you crash is gone. I hope this explains it for ya

Maggot_8741
07-16-2017, 03:07 AM
They need to have a setting on the main menu called P/USS/Y version and if u have it on everything is bright and colorful and there r rainbows and unicorns. If u turn it off it's like it should be dark and gloomy and torches and flashlights actually tear up or at least have the flashlight take batteries.

Splitknuckler
07-16-2017, 04:27 AM
They need to have a setting on the main menu called P/USS/Y version and if u have it on everything is bright and colorful and there r rainbows and unicorns. If u turn it off it's like it should be dark and gloomy and torches and flashlights actually tear up or at least have the flashlight take batteries.

Agreed! Have a setting right before "scavenger" with that name lol. Have Minecraft-like atmosphere, zombies are changed into fluffy teddy bears who die by merely looking at them. No need to fight them...hell, you're already afraid of the dark!

Day 7 horde gets replaced by swarms of kittens, and instead of rain and fog, have it pour candy and lollipops. Oh, btw, your character doesn't run, he skips merrily from POI to POI (which are ginger bread houses) in search of rays of rainbow lights (don't look for food or water, you don't starve or dehydrate here).

Apocalypse? Nah. Survival? No place for that here! Geez

gelobledo
07-16-2017, 04:42 AM
Really? As I do not have MD5 problems I can see where it is frustrating. A work around is not a fix. No matter how you look at it that doesn't solve the problem....... Again a work around does not solve the issue.

Yes the developers do a great job with the game. Yes it could be harder but when something is not intended and is a bug it needs to be fixed as that bug could open a window for a bigger bug. But people like you are just to blind to see that and will never get it.

1. Sarcasm ever hear of it i know its not a fix im not stupid im SARCASTIC
2. Problem is probably soooo deep in code its very difficult to solve
3. Again SARCASM even though i where glasses and are blind i still see big picture. I have been helping team for months to find a cure for the crashes and MD5 problem. So yea i GET IT

Hey Maggot and Knuckles i totaly hear ya. i played with two builder guys first 2 hours on new update play total cry fest whhaaa too hard, zombies keep swinging, dogs are too op, every thing takes more to build, you put settings too hard were going to die whhhaaaa. Needles to say we parted ways

Wolf_elmeira
07-16-2017, 06:08 AM
hopefully not too heavy on darkness thing , i kinda like it , i hope they revert the flash lights beam back and the dirty mining helmet.

crazywildfire
07-16-2017, 06:52 AM
1. Sarcasm ever hear of it i know its not a fix im not stupid im SARCASTIC
2. Problem is probably soooo deep in code its very difficult to solve
3. Again SARCASM even though i where glasses and are blind i still see big picture. I have been helping team for months to find a cure for the crashes and MD5 problem. So yea i GET IT

Hey Maggot and Knuckles i totaly hear ya. i played with two builder guys first 2 hours on new update play total cry fest whhaaa too hard, zombies keep swinging, dogs are too op, every thing takes more to build, you put settings too hard were going to die whhhaaaa. Needles to say we parted ways

I guess you kinda missed the people it was toward. Like the ones above. That isn't sarcasm. I have no problem with the way it was. As I said I didn't have the bugs besides the bug of it being in base. But I do know what bugs they are talking about because I did have them on the pc when they brought into game there months ago. The fun pimps said the way it was doing was not intended and it got fixed. I'm and most people are all up for a challenge but if it wasn't intended to work that way or is a bug it needs to be fixed to either make it intended or make it where it isn't a bug. As bugs do lead to bigger problems and more bugs. But no let's just keep having more bugs and keep with the name calling like we are in middle school. Just because you see one thing on your TV doesn't mean someone else see the same thing. Take MD5 errors, I haven't had one and many others haven't does that mean it doesn't happen? I guess so by the logic of the ones doing name calling and what not.

7daystoterrianrewrite
07-16-2017, 11:57 AM
Everytime there's an MD5 error one of Clare's kneepad warrior's says "that sounds like you may need to blow out your console". I'm so sick of hearing that lol. A game doesn't delete because of dust, it deletes because the game is broken. Also I've lost 7 different worlds. Hundreds upon hundreds of 120 minute days. If they were going to help with the md5 errors they would have done it along time ago. I honestly think there's a reason behind it. On console there's never a reason to restart because it don't get massive updates
Like pc does. These md5 errors give a reason for people to restart and continue playing the game
Whereas if there was no md5 errors then people would play for 100 days or so and get bored of the game. They could give console manual save options or let it start creative mode after a game has started. If you want to play this game and enjoy it then go buy a pc. I only play the pc version now. It's just too much of a hassle on console.

crazywildfire
07-16-2017, 02:14 PM
Everytime there's an MD5 error one of Clare's kneepad warrior's says "that sounds like you may need to blow out your console". I'm so sick of hearing that lol. A game doesn't delete because of dust, it deletes because the game is broken. Also I've lost 7 different worlds. Hundreds upon hundreds of 120 minute days. If they were going to help with the md5 errors they would have done it along time ago. I honestly think there's a reason behind it. On console there's never a reason to restart because it don't get massive updates
Like pc does. These md5 errors give a reason for people to restart and continue playing the game
Whereas if there was no md5 errors then people would play for 100 days or so and get bored of the game. They could give console manual save options or let it start creative mode after a game has started. If you want to play this game and enjoy it then go buy a pc. I only play the pc version now. It's just too much of a hassle on console.

That's funny because console just got a major update and is going to get the other half soon. Console is going to stay one alpha behind pc with just a few added items in it here and there. Not everyone gets MD5 errors so that doesn't make sense. If they truly wanted that then everyone would get them. Seems like only Xbox is getting them and not everyone on it does. So I would have to disagree with that part.

As far as the pc part of it goes I would agree. But I personally love this game on both console and pc. I also know not everyone can afford to go out and buy a pc. So with that said let people enjoy what they have.

Pablodiablo316
07-16-2017, 02:35 PM

Over and over again this has been explained that there are multiple triggers for the MD5 error and why it happens they are trying to sort it but it tkes alot of code checking to find each and every trigger!

Jon Dillinger
07-16-2017, 02:43 PM

"if they were going to help they would have done it by now " ok man so your psychic then ? really people use some basic psychology 101 so this is called "mind reading" a term used for people in-denial of their issues/addiction ,some how believing they can know the "motive" behind every ones action , funny thing the "motive" is often a paranoid delusion like "they're out to get me" or the MD5 was put in the game on purpose . now this is where your semantics finally make sense "they could have ....." now that's more like it "they could have " is always more true than "they should have" now on the manual save idea if your on the PS4 you can manual save . the idea that it is some how easy and simple to change a game mechanic to have manual saves . your mistaken and have yet to try and program a voxel game engine and game give it try them tell me how easily some one could make changes to the core of a game and game engine

Damselx1
07-16-2017, 03:04 PM

Actually, when people complain they experienced an MD5 error, if they haven't done so already, those of us who try to help out will usually request that you post your game details, in the proper section using the proper format (something you don't appear to have done). It's know that there are numerous triggers and a lot of them have been fixed but as more become apparent, the more information given, the easier it is to replicate and fix the problem. It's not helped by players coming to the forum to report the bug, but not leaving the details, even when prompted. These are the reasons why the errors still persist, though the dev's analytical data shows that occurrences are reducing by a considerable amount.

As for blowing out the dust - it's been well documented that the MD5 error can occur after a crash - if the vents are dusty, it could be blocking airflow and therefore overheating the console, causing it to crash, which causes problems with the data and leads to areas being reset.

crazywildfire
07-16-2017, 03:05 PM
As I have said before I'm no programmer but in alpha16 they said they had to rewrite pretty much the game for what they changed. Now I do not know how much or if it is the same thing or not. But if it is the same thing when they bring those changes to console wouldn't that be the time to add this to the game? I know they don't want to but if it is what is causing the MD5 error for Xbox and they do have to rewrite it and it if it does fit into the same thing then that would be the time in my opinion. But I'm not a programmer so I have no clue just guessing.

Thelek
07-16-2017, 03:33 PM
In short, the md5 is a reset. It only affects a small area (8 blocks by 8 blocks I believe). So let's say you're standing at a corner of your base which has a workbench and 4 storage containers. The game freezes, dashboards you, and when you reload the game, ONLY THAT CORNER is reset to its original day 1 state (so in a prefab, it goes back to normal like you never touched it). The other 3 corners might be fine, but that one is wiped clean. No workbench, storage, etc. All items in the containers are gone, etc. This also affects the ENTIRE corner, from bedrock to sky, so anything under or over you at the time you crash is gone. I hope this explains it for ya

thankyou very much for the reply. closest thing we have had to a MD5 was the day of the hotfix where my wife joined me in local co-op and everything in her inventory was gone. we make our primary base in the plains regoin in a house near Parishton. we have never had any part of that house revert. but then we were only on day 27 before the summer update and are now on day 12.

i find it vary disappointing to see all the insults being thrown around on this thread. everyone is different. not everyone can play the game on nightmare mode and call the game too easy. but then, that is why developers create different difficulty levels and make those levels adjustable. if you have maxxed out the difficulty and find the game boring, maybe it is time to move on to a different game rather than resorting to trolling people whu still enjoy the game.

thankyou again to the developers for a truly amazing game.

Onizuka
07-16-2017, 07:04 PM
dite faites un truc la car etre deco toutes les 30 a 45 min ca deviens injouable et vraiment lourd. et aussi quand aurons nous ce que le pc ont svp merci

Chick
07-16-2017, 08:08 PM
do we have to start a new game for the upgrades to work? such as chemistry station, and other things.

Outlaw_187
07-16-2017, 09:43 PM
hopefully not too heavy on darkness thing , i kinda like it , i hope they revert the flash lights beam back and the dirty mining helmet.

Agreed, I loved this effect. Didn't last long though. People started bit*hing about the lighting

Dirtydcs
07-17-2017, 01:38 AM
With the 1,15,1 update do we now get traders like the pc did & if so do i need to make another new save?

Splitknuckler
07-17-2017, 02:12 AM
With the 1,15,1 update do we now get traders like the pc did & if so do i need to make another new save?
No traders yet. Not even any mention of traders. From what i understand, they are still being balanced on pc, so honestly it might take a while before we see them. I can tell you this, when we do get them, we WILL have to start a new game, because in order to add them, game code will have to be changed

Clare
07-17-2017, 08:15 AM
do we have to start a new game for the upgrades to work? such as chemistry station, and other things.

Yes, for a lot of new items that need to be generated within the save, a new one is required.

- - - Updated - - -

This post drifted a little off course, will keep it open for now, please keep it on topic.

Splitknuckler
07-17-2017, 11:40 AM
Back on topic, I agree that everyone wants to play at different difficulties, etc and should have that right...BUT I bought a survival/ horror/crafting game. The fog, lighting and dogs add to the atmosphere of what 7dtd is, at its core: scary, foreboding and challenging. I think those gamers who prefer strictly a crafting game would be better off playing Minecraft. Instead, these people wanna cry and whine until they get what they want, in which case they will cry and whine about something else and quit playing the game. Ok, that's THEIR choice, but they've destroyed the experience for those of us that embrace the challenge that's put before us and actually ENJOY being challenged.

In short, if you aren't into the survival/horror aspect of this great game, play something else. Don't get the survival/horror parts watered down or taken away before you jump ship and leave us with Minecraft 2.

Imagine if resident evil, dead space, outlast, etc "brightened up the atmosphere" so a few thumbsuckers could see better. The games would've been as scary as boxes of kittens.

I'm not trolling anybody, just trying to remind people what game genre 7dtd belongs too!

Thelek
07-17-2017, 02:54 PM
i dont know if this is related to any. of the afore mentioned bugs, but my wife and i had an interesting experience last night. we play in 120 min scavenger.

on the day 7 horde, we had about 30 total zombies attack our base throut the 6 game hour blood moon. (this actually occurred the night before the hotfix came out). last night we are at 0700 on day 13 and we were suddenly attacked by more than 50 all at once. the composition of the 2 attacks also differed greatly, as well. the day 7 horde was mostly mothers, girls,women, crawlers, and bloateds. the day 13 attack was mostly spiders, screamers, dogs, and even a few dogs. the day 13 attack only lasted about an hour in game time. we had quit before the day 14 horde, we will get to that tonight, but somehow i have a feeling it will be more like the day 7 horde than the day 13 attack.

now dont get me wrong, i am not complaining. the day 13 attack was a total blast. but it seems more like a bug than something that is supposed to happen. it was more like what the bloodmoon hordes should be like.

the zombie migrations are a bit confusing, as well. i happened to catch the tail end of one a bit east of Parishton. it consisted of about 15 zombies headed due north. i was able to follow at a discrete distance until the red zone. i had to stop, of course, but they just kept going right on out of sight.

Splitknuckler
07-17-2017, 04:07 PM
i dont know if this is related to any. of the afore mentioned bugs, but my wife and i had an interesting experience last night. we play in 120 min scavenger.

on the day 7 horde, we had about 30 total zombies attack our base throut the 6 game hour blood moon. (this actually occurred the night before the hotfix came out). last night we are at 0700 on day 13 and we were suddenly attacked by more than 50 all at once. the composition of the 2 attacks also differed greatly, as well. the day 7 horde was mostly mothers, girls,women, crawlers, and bloateds. the day 13 attack was mostly spiders, screamers, dogs, and even a few dogs. the day 13 attack only lasted about an hour in game time. we had quit before the day 14 horde, we will get to that tonight, but somehow i have a feeling it will be more like the day 7 horde than the day 13 attack.

now dont get me wrong, i am not complaining. the day 13 attack was a total blast. but it seems more like a bug than something that is supposed to happen. it was more like what the bloodmoon hordes should be like.

the zombie migrations are a bit confusing, as well. i happened to catch the tail end of one a bit east of Parishton. it consisted of about 15 zombies headed due north. i was able to follow at a discrete distance until the red zone. i had to stop, of course, but they just kept going right on out of sight.

Sounds like you got hit with a screamer horde...did you have a lot of forges, cement mixers, campfires, etc running? Even too many gore blocks will bring on screamers. Plus I hear dog hordes are coming every 6th day? I don't know for sure though.

Sandpit
07-17-2017, 04:29 PM
That is awesome news! Hopefully it won't require a restart to take effect>

Sandpit
07-17-2017, 04:35 PM
Back on topic, I agree that everyone wants to play at different difficulties, etc and should have that right...BUT I bought a survival/ horror/crafting game. The fog, lighting and dogs add to the atmosphere of what 7dtd is, at its core: scary, foreboding and challenging. I think those gamers who prefer strictly a crafting game would be better off playing Minecraft. Instead, these people wanna cry and whine until they get what they want, in which case they will cry and whine about something else and quit playing the game. Ok, that's THEIR choice, but they've destroyed the experience for those of us that embrace the challenge that's put before us and actually ENJOY being challenged.

In short, if you aren't into the survival/horror aspect of this great game, play something else. Don't get the survival/horror parts watered down or taken away before you jump ship and leave us with Minecraft 2.

Imagine if resident evil, dead space, outlast, etc "brightened up the atmosphere" so a few thumbsuckers could see better. The games would've been as scary as boxes of kittens.

I'm not trolling anybody, just trying to remind people what game genre 7dtd belongs too!

There's a difference between atmosphere and poorly implemented lighting mechanics. I think it's funny how the ones complaining about others "b*tching" about stuff are the only ones who seem to be upset about anything. Toss on the fact that even the developers stated it was an issue that had been fixed on PC but wasn't fixed on consoles yet.

The developers stated it wasn't implemented properly and yet there's a select few on these forums acting like those that brought it up to the devs are "ruining the game cuz dey cannt's handled hard stuffs"

grow up
seriously

some of you have offered nothing to this discussion other than trying to bash anyone who brought it up to the devs.

Dirtydcs
07-17-2017, 05:20 PM
Thank you, starting to think no one was going to respond.

buffalobils113
07-17-2017, 06:50 PM
I actually enjoyed the fog affects outside of buildings. Thought it was crazy creepy. Should add a fog level to start maps on once you calibrate it. Flashlights could use a beam affect through fog tho. Feel like its all lite up and cant see, but adding a beam affext would be sweet. Love the work tho!

Splitknuckler
07-17-2017, 08:25 PM
There's a difference between atmosphere and poorly implemented lighting mechanics. I think it's funny how the ones complaining about others "b*tching" about stuff are the only ones who seem to be upset about anything. Toss on the fact that even the developers stated it was an issue that had been fixed on PC but wasn't fixed on consoles yet.

The developers stated it wasn't implemented properly and yet there's a select few on these forums acting like those that brought it up to the devs are "ruining the game cuz dey cannt's handled hard stuffs"

grow up
seriously

some of you have offered nothing to this discussion other than trying to bash anyone who brought it up to the devs.

I stand by my point. I doubt the devs are gonna tell their customers "deal with the darkness; it's a horror game, Nancy." No, they will pander to the lowest common denominator and say that it's an issue they're resolving. They have to remain politically correct because people in today's society sob crocodile tears when they get called out. FOG AND DIM LIGHTING ARE HORROR GAME ATMOSPHERE 101! Who's going to be scared of a zombie if it's enveloped in pixie dust and skipping towards you under rainbow-filled skies?!? Ok, the lighting was "corrected". What next? Are the dogs too fast? Devs, please make the dogs prance towards me at a snail's pace so I have time to finish picking these daisies!

For those of you that JUST want to build, I respect that. Turn down/off enemy spawns. You can turn them back on at any time to test your base or whatever. My point is that the devs have already accommodated for the people who want to skip the horror aspect of the game, just most people ignore that fact (or maybe forget).
Atmosphere is EVERYTHING in the horror genre. Take that away, and those of us looking to immerse ourselves in the FULL 7dtd experience get crapped on

Muggs
07-18-2017, 02:32 PM
Sounds like you got hit with a screamer horde...did you have a lot of forges, cement mixers, campfires, etc running? Even too many gore blocks will bring on screamers. Plus I hear dog hordes are coming every 6th day? I don't know for sure though.

I don't know if dog hoards are suppose to be in but they are alsome. My wifes toothy was attacked by atleast twenty at one time,she had a smalll hill of dirt by it they jumped right in.Kept targeting the hole. I had to run over repeatedly to get in and help her, three kept chasing me away. Finally got in with sawed off blazing,we survived back to back with spiked club close combat. It was amazing,love this game and hope dog hoards are in the game and not bug.
This was the most exciting playthrew we have had to date,lots of screaming from us ,my wife yelling help me I 'm going to die added an incredible amount of immersion for me,the guns blazing ,lots of dogs snarling. My all time best moment. I was a hero. Good job Iron Galaxy and Fun Pimps.

Outlaw_187
07-18-2017, 03:09 PM
I don't know if dog hoards are suppose to be in but they are alsome. My wifes toothy was attacked by atleast twenty at one time,she had a smalll hill of dirt by it they jumped right in.Kept targeting the hole. I had to run over repeatedly to get in and help her, three kept chasing me away. Finally got in with sawed off blazing,we survived back to back with spiked club close combat. It was amazing,love this game and hope dog hoards are in the game and not bug.
This was the most exciting playthrew we have had to date,lots of screaming from us ,my wife yelling help me I 'm going to die added an incredible amount of immersion for me,the guns blazing ,lots of dogs snarling. My all time best moment. I was a hero. Good job Iron Galaxy and Fun Pimps.

Totally agree man. We all have our gripes, complaints, wants, & hopes but overall this game fu*kin rocks!!!

I'll be honest, the fallout series & Hitman series was my favorites before I found this game, I'm totally hooked.

Great job & keep up the great work team. It's much appreciated!!!!

Splitknuckler
07-18-2017, 03:34 PM
Totally agree man. We all have our gripes, complaints, wants, & hopes but overall this game fu*kin rocks!!!

I'll be honest, the fallout series & Hitman series was my favorites before I found this game, I'm totally hooked.

Great job & keep up the great work team. It's much appreciated!!!!

I'm gonna agree as well lol. I used to play nothing but FPS, such add battlefield, siege, call of duty. Then I met 7dtd...Love at first sight! Played it almost everyday for the past 10 months or so. When I say "almost" everyday, I mean I've only missed maybe 2 days out of those 10 months. I hope this game goes down as one of the best all time!

P.S. it was in one of skippy0330's youtube videos in which i heard dog hoards might be a thing again, and he's typically spot on. I haven't really dealt with one yet, but i frequent the wasteland for nitrate mining so I see my fair share of dogs anyways

CrAzY_888888's
07-18-2017, 06:01 PM
If you are trying to build a big house from scratch and you start a foundation of more than two blocks high by the time you get to the part where you put the roof on half way through putting the roof on you are at max height and it sucks I've deleted five or six worlds because I can't build over 12 to fifteen blocks high no matter what gen or what location halfway through the build it don't happen in the beginning it does it halfway through the build and that's alot of time and work wasted

CrAzY_888888's
07-18-2017, 06:21 PM
If you are trying to build a big house from scratch and you start a foundation of more than two blocks high by the time you get to the part where you put the roof on half way through putting the roof on you are at max height and it sucks I've deleted five or six worlds because I can't build over 12 to fifteen blocks high no matter what gen or what location halfway through the build it don't happen in the beginning it does it halfway through the build and that's alot of time and work wasted

Outlaw_187
07-18-2017, 07:38 PM

I'm totally not following what your trying to say man?!? Are you saying there is a limit to how tall you can build? I've never run into this but I'll admit I've only built 1 tower. I was @ least 25 blocks high & never ran into any problems.
Plus that huge hotel in the navezgane desert is at least double that.

Damselx1
07-18-2017, 08:01 PM

Are you trying to build over a void (a cave perhaps, or have unsupported blocks under what you are building on)? You can easily go above 25 blocks high (unless your elevation is near the top of the world itself). Check your elevation on your map screen to make sure you aren't already too high and make sure your blocks are well supported and can take the load.

Splitknuckler
07-18-2017, 10:51 PM
Wait... stay on topic or else Clare will shut us down. I like this thread lol. Has the lighting/fog impeded your tower construction at all, crazy 88888?

Rmiku207
07-18-2017, 11:16 PM
Will console be getting alpha 16 add on from PC over to console I really like the traders

atriox
07-19-2017, 07:09 AM
the update didn't fix the fog coming in my base, but it isn't that bad. also thanks for patch 10 it's amazing.

PhilNGraves
07-19-2017, 07:31 AM
I miss the old mining helmet... loved that it actually had a beam pattern like a crap covered helmet light from the coal mines 40 years ago.... The gamma issue was real... my other tv was either max gamma and the bloom made my eyes bleed (this to see in daytime at noon on a clear day) or absolute darkness... this tv was nearly the same as before patch... no f'n clue what that was about lol. And the dogs... I like how they are now, I just don't like how they run. They remind me of those carousel horses with the pole in the middle only they spin around the pole while zipping about. Not always, just enough to be aggravating. Damn glad they removed the insulation from armor now though... holy crap dogs would suck something ferocious if we couldn't wear armor lol.
Personally I would love to see a mode where the game was brutally dark and challenging, but with no horde... just a 400% spawn rate in the world and you get to kill em all and be king crap of the universe... well, until the radiation zone anyway.

Clare
07-19-2017, 10:36 AM
the update didn't fix the fog coming in my base, but it isn't that bad. also thanks for patch 10 it's amazing.

Maybe try clearing your consoles cache? (shutdown and unplug for 5 mins) It could just be some stuck fx that doesn't know it's supposed to leave. Man... I hate when weather outstays it's welcome *glares out window at Irish clouds*

- - - Updated - - -

Wait... stay on topic or else Clare will shut us down. I like this thread lol. Has the lighting/fog impeded your tower construction at all, crazy 88888?

;) good save

- - - Updated - - -

But, ya know, just incase - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?20701
(There is a bug where if you collapse a huge structure all at once to clear space for building on an area it can compromise your structural integrity too - Please discuss in Bug Reports if you think you're experiencing a bug so we can keep the form on topic)

LONEWOLF231
07-19-2017, 01:15 PM
Will console be getting alpha 16 add on from PC over to console I really like the traders

Here is hoping it will. It will take some time due to how limited in horse power consoles are. But eventually we will be graced with more A15 and A16 content.

Thelek
07-19-2017, 03:16 PM

actually,no. we are only just now on day 15. only have 1 forge ( but it is pretty much always on ) and we always clean up all gore blocks ( we are both OCD and we cant stand leaving the mess). however in support of your theory, the attack wes preceeded buy the sound of a screamer and there were at least 2 in the mob.

as for the day 14 horde, it was pretty much identical do the day 7 horde. about 39 total zombies attaching in groupings of 1, 2, or3 spread over the 6 hour blood moon cycle and made up of the 5 or 6 weakest zombies plus a single spider. a rather disappointing turnout after the day 13 attack.

Splitknuckler
07-19-2017, 04:10 PM
actually,no. we are only just now on day 15. only have 1 forge ( but it is pretty much always on ) and we always clean up all gore blocks ( we are both OCD and we cant stand leaving the mess). however in support of your theory, the attack wes preceeded buy the sound of a screamer and there were at least 2 in the mob.

as for the day 14 horde, it was pretty much identical do the day 7 horde. about 39 total zombies attaching in groupings of 1, 2, or3 spread over the 6 hour blood moon cycle and made up of the 5 or 6 weakest zombies plus a single spider. a rather disappointing turnout after the day 13 attack.

Yea my day 7 and 14 hordes were pretty dismal as well. I even turned up spawn and difficulty beforehand, and haven't died yet (so the game should've adjusted the difficulty, right?). I've actually found screamer hordes to be more challenging...

But yea, one forge running non stop will raise your heat map. Skippy did a pretty good tutorial on heat maps on his youtube channel.

Anywho....how about that fog/lighting on horde night? ;-) Love the red sky effect btw!

CrAzY_888888's
07-19-2017, 04:15 PM
Hey Clare do u think there will ever be an option where the people who play this wonderful game will be able to build or design there on cities to explore and whatever we storage boxes we use the game will automatically stock them with random food water tools etc. It's a great game and I know that as many great things y'all have done with it you all are probably starting to run short on ideas just thinking as much as I like building and thanks again for everything

RedMenace
07-19-2017, 06:29 PM
Lol the new dogs are absolutely rubbish, the fact your character runs like he got crap in his pants doesnt help either lmao, rip all players on nightmare diff, no more 0 deaths . if there was one thing id change the movement speed of dogs and give everyone more of a chance to run at least to a rock or car. Other wise great update!

Revolix
07-20-2017, 03:55 AM
Im one of the ones that the darkness was too much and changing the settings on my TV dont help. I just wish there was a brightness / video option instead to give the best of both worlds. Those who want it dark can keep it that way while others who used to be able to start a game and didnt find a miner hat can still build in the dark inside a house. I cant build or even see zombies and if i have a weapon out i cant have a light source..

legendfire77
07-20-2017, 05:40 AM
eliminado

Damselx1
07-20-2017, 06:15 AM
Im one of the ones that the darkness was too much and changing the settings on my TV dont help. I just wish there was a brightness / video option instead to give the best of both worlds. Those who want it dark can keep it that way while others who used to be able to start a game and didnt find a miner hat can still build in the dark inside a house. I cant build or even see zombies and if i have a weapon out i cant have a light source..

If it's still too dark for you, go into the 'options' bit of the menu before loading your game and adjust the gamma slider bar up a bit. You might need to try it a few times until you get the setting that works best for you but it should help.

Clare
07-20-2017, 08:25 AM
REMINDER:

This is an info post only, and the thread is to be used for the discussion of the patch. I do not have extra secret info on other features (I mention this is the OP) and I do not chase bug reports in here - It would be utter confusion for everyone involved if I did.

If you wish to report something please post in the Console Bug Reports section.

If you wish to discuss something not in the patch there are threads for that already, or you can start your own.

Please keep this post on topic and avoid bug reporting. If the thread continues this way, I'll need to close it.

Mregomies
07-20-2017, 08:40 AM
Thanks Clare,
I played 3rd hordenight and toggled lights mininghelmet->pistollight->no light and it was awesome! there is enought light now and atmosphere is nice with red sky.
light test (https://youtu.be/UhhmBgROmAs?t=12m17s)

legendfire77
07-20-2017, 09:24 AM
REMINDER:

This is an info post only, and the thread is to be used for the discussion of the patch. I do not have extra secret info on other features (I mention this is the OP) and I do not chase bug reports in here - It would be utter confusion for everyone involved if I did.

If you wish to report something please post in the Console Bug Reports section.

If you wish to discuss something not in the patch there are threads for that already, or you can start your own.

Please keep this post on topic and avoid bug reporting. If the thread continues this way, I'll need to close it.

I apologize, I delete the message to avoid confusion. Greetings Clare

XxUnkn0wnxX
07-20-2017, 10:50 AM
I'm just curios has anyone noticed that you can upgrade blocks from 30ish blocks away? like I can stand 30 blocks away or on a roof top of house and somehow nailgun, claw hammer or stone axe can still upgrade blocks from that range...

was this change intentional? making the reach range higher? - I like this very much :)

fazz68
07-20-2017, 02:55 PM
I'm just curios has anyone noticed that you can upgrade blocks from 30ish blocks away? like I can stand 30 blocks away or on a roof top of house and somehow nailgun, claw hammer or stone axe can still upgrade blocks from that range...

was this change intentional? making the reach range higher? - I like this very much :)

its just a shame you have to be right on top of a birdnest looking down at it to loot it :D

pakoabad7
07-20-2017, 07:15 PM
Hi Clare, I just realised that I got the version 1.15 on my ps4, what is it?!

Clare
07-20-2017, 10:31 PM
Hi Clare, I just realised that I got the version 1.15 on my ps4, what is it?!

You're in the thread for that hotfix =)

Splitknuckler
07-20-2017, 11:43 PM

I've noticed that too hahaha. I doubt it was intentional, because you can be a ridiculous ways away from a block to upgrade! I kinda like it, but it is a lil unrealistic...

Nootcaase
07-21-2017, 07:30 AM
I've noticed that too hahaha. I doubt it was intentional, because you can be a ridiculous ways away from a block to upgrade! I kinda like it, but it is a lil unrealistic...

You Tubers playing A16 noticed the same thing at the same time. Some part of A16 that came over with some of the balancing I guess.

Jimmy the Tulip
07-23-2017, 09:44 PM
The hotfix is great. Love the new lighting effect and so glad that the rain doesn't make the inside of my base a misty nightmare any more.
Thanks Clare & the team! :)

7daystoterrianrewrite
07-24-2017, 01:32 AM
How do I post a picture? I want to show Clare what I just lost to an md5 error. WHEN IS IT GOING TO GET FIXED!!'!!!! ITS BEEN A YEAR AND YOU STILL HAVENT FIGURED IT OUT???!!!! I just lost a base that I literally built for 44 days straight on 2 hour days. This thing is massive and now everything is gone. Then people wonder why I never have anything nice to say. Maybe because
I devote days upon days to your game and you don't even know how to fix the biggest problem the game has!!!

7daystoterrianrewrite
07-24-2017, 01:58 AM
forget it

7daystoterrianrewrite
07-24-2017, 02:04 AM
I also like how these turds think I care about these forums. Oh no. Not a negative point on my 7 days reputation! Oh man. i know some of your would off yourself if you couldn't suck up to Clare anymore. It's been a year and just like I said before I highly doubt this bug will ever be fixed.

iejen
07-24-2017, 08:33 AM
Just buy the game on PC.
Gameplay experience over 9000.

MJS101104
07-24-2017, 09:19 AM
I also like how these turds think I care about these forums. Oh no. Not a negative point on my 7 days reputation! Oh man. i know some of your would off yourself if you couldn't suck up to Clare anymore. It's been a year and just like I said before I highly doubt this bug will ever be fixed.

Let me guess, you are an Xbox player right? Your temper tantrum aside, I am going to try and explain what I have come to understand about this error. Someone with more knowledge of this can correct this if I am wrong, partially wrong, etc.

The MD5 error is the result, ether fully or in part, the result of save limitations by Microsoft. I can't remember which thread, and not being an Xbox player(PS4) I don't care enough to look it up, but there was a comment I read recently that said Microsoft limited the amount of save space available for developers. Which resulted in TFP and IG having to get creative in how world data was saved. If this is indeed the case, then the MD5 error is a result of Microsoft policy, either in part or in whole, so there is very little the devs themselves can do to fully fix this error.

7daystoterrianrewrite
07-24-2017, 11:35 AM
Let me guess, you are an Xbox player right? Your temper tantrum aside, I am going to try and explain what I have come to understand about this error. Someone with more knowledge of this can correct this if I am wrong, partially wrong, etc.

The MD5 error is the result, ether fully or in part, the result of save limitations by Microsoft. I can't remember which thread, and not being an Xbox player(PS4) I don't care enough to look it up, but there was a comment I read recently that said Microsoft limited the amount of save space available for developers. Which resulted in TFP and IG having to get creative in how world data was saved. If this is indeed the case, then the MD5 error is a result of Microsoft policy, either in part or in whole, so there is very little the devs themselves can do to fully fix this error.

playstation has the same problem if I'm not mistaken. It defiantly doesn't seem to happen as much on PlayStation though. I literally broke my disc in like 5000 pieces today when I lost this save file. I dug a 51 by 27 hole as a pit and built a base on the same idea of z nations A16 base. I had a 20 wide by 6 high underground room at bedrock with 10 forges, 10 cement mixers and 3 workbenches and Chem stations. I lost my very first lvl 600 sniper that I looted from the shotty store, I lost 250,000 stone, a full chest of raw iron, a chest and a half of concrete, and over 200,000 dukes from treasure maps. I'm beyond mad right now. While pc gets a new update every 3 minutes, console players can't even play this piece of junk game because of this stupid bug. I also don't need anyone telling me how amazing it works at your house. thats you. I've lost nine worlds. All on 2 hour days. Two of those worlds were over 100 days. I'm just so upset man. It took so long to dig that hole, 51 blocks wide and 27 blocks deep. Ruined. I've never played a game with so much lag and I wouldn't even call them bugs. This game has full on viruses.

7daystoterrianrewrite
07-24-2017, 11:40 AM
Just buy the game on PC.
Gameplay experience over 9000.

The last thing I'll do is give these people more of my money. They release a broken game, collect all of the profit and dump the money into the pc version while console players are left to hang. That's messed up. You're going to tell me that there are games out there like battlefield and forza but this pixelated hunk of crap game can't withstand a few new buildings for us to loot? I call bull♥♥♥♥♥.

OzHawkeye
07-24-2017, 11:50 AM

The last thing I'll do is give these people more of my money. They release a broken game, collect all of the profit and dump the money into the pc version while console players are left to hang. That's messed up. You're going to tell me that there are games out there like battlefield and forza but this pixelated hunk of crap game can't withstand a few new buildings for us to loot? I call bull♥♥♥♥♥.

..............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, that's enough.

JDiceArt777
07-24-2017, 12:32 PM

So.....why are you still asking about a MD5 error fix if you broke your disc into 5000 pieces? You also said you wouldn't give this company more $$$$.

LONEWOLF231
07-24-2017, 12:53 PM
Many people like myself have bought this game more than once. In my opinion it was worth it. I love this game bugs or no bugs. Fixes take time especially major ones such as this. We have to be patient and let the developers do their thing.

PantsThief
07-24-2017, 03:11 PM
First off I seem to always comment below LONEWOLF231. Noted, cool story.

Second, just wow on all the above comments about MD5 errors. Sad to hear. Try not to build on POI's guys/gals.

And the guy who broke his disk. Dude.. come on.

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this update and all the balances. Looking forward to the next changes to come.

Happy Gaming. Not mad gaming.

jetZeds
07-25-2017, 05:40 AM
The 1.5hr crash is back after this patch dropped. We were up to 3-4hrs, but not any more :(

MJS101104
07-25-2017, 06:56 PM
The 1.5hr crash is back after this patch dropped. We were up to 3-4hrs, but not any more :(

There actually seems to be a lot of recurring issues that seemingly got fixed before the patch 10 update. Which I suppose is at least partially understandable given how much was changed.

As for the comment by 7daystoterrainrewrite, unless this issue has started to recur since the 10.1 update I belive the MD5 has been a primarily Xbox issue now. The first time I saw them address the issue involved some tree or something that was causing the MD5 but the supposedly fixed that. I have seen no recent PS4 players post about MD5 errors, which admittedly could just be due to a lack of reporting.

I have personally never experienced a reset, and the one time I thought I did turned out to be a place exactly like mine close to my base. So it has never happened to me, but I do keep an eye out for it on the forums to make sure it hasn't come back. As I said, it seems to be primarily an Xbox issue as far as I can tell.

Outlaw_187
07-26-2017, 12:58 AM
There actually seems to be a lot of recurring issues that seemingly got fixed before the patch 10 update. Which I suppose is at least partially understandable given how much was changed.

As for the comment by 7daystoterrainrewrite, unless this issue has started to recur since the 10.1 update I belive the MD5 has been a primarily Xbox issue now. The first time I saw them address the issue involved some tree or something that was causing the MD5 but the supposedly fixed that. I have seen no recent PS4 players post about MD5 errors, which admittedly could just be due to a lack of reporting.

I have personally never experienced a reset, and the one time I thought I did turned out to be a place exactly like mine close to my base. So it has never happened to me, but I do keep an eye out for it on the forums to make sure it hasn't come back. As I said, it seems to be primarily an Xbox issue as far as I can tell.

Yea seems like the poor Xbox crowd was hit with the brunt of the md5 disaster. I only personally experienced the one as you said that was caused by the tree.
I had converted the fenced in graveyard into a temporary base & that md5 kept resetting part of my base back to default.
But like you said, we PS4 people have been lucky enough to not suffer the md5 crisis

Raider15
07-26-2017, 04:04 AM
The game is in alpha, when it's fully released the bugs will not be as prominent. I've lost huge bases that took almost a 100 hours to build. But still play this game and love it. If you hate it don't play it.

Clare
07-26-2017, 11:57 AM
This thread continues to veer off topic (granted the topic is small enough)

You're welcome to discuss the game, but please do so in appropriate treads - I'm closing this one.