PDA

View Full Version : A16 - Guppy's Seafood

Guppycur
07-30-2017, 07:11 AM
Welcome to the aptly named Guppy's Seafood. Enjoy your visit.

Available to download HERE (https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbt0lnv5ae5s5hk/gup_seafoodshop.zip?dl=0).

This file includes the necessary xml's for gamestages and entitygroups. You will need to include these xml's in your game in order to make use of the spawners.

Otherwise, edit gup_seafoodshop.xml and replace S_GuppyDiner with one of the generic ones, like S_Default_Med

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiO9nHGQcTg&feature=youtu.be

Front View
https://s4.postimg.org/3zx8sy9gt/Guppy_Seafood1.png

Dining Room
https://s1.postimg.org/dqfqojalb/Guppy_Seafood2.png

Kitchen
https://s11.postimg.org/kz372ie5v/Guppy_Seafood3.png

Walk-in Cooler
https://s4.postimg.org/5hyf20okd/Guppy_Seafood4.png

TopMinder
07-30-2017, 07:28 AM
Hi.
Nice small restaurant i would like to place in my town.
Hope that there will be a download. In the last months here in the Prefab section were not so much
downloads, only Pics ^^. To all prefabbers, show us your buildings whatever it is.
The world must getting bigger...

Guppycur
07-30-2017, 07:57 AM
Once I'm finished knocking about about a dozen prefabs, I'm going to go through them and add the sleepers, then start putting the links.

I've done about 13, 14 prefabs already for A16? Most of those were conversions from my a14/a15 prefabs though. I'm actually faster at making them from scratch it seems. Lol.

But yeh, there will be download links. :)

StompyNZ
07-31-2017, 06:28 AM
https://youtu.be/vNBBtSyqlEI

Laz Man
08-04-2017, 05:33 AM
Nice lookin prefabs guys! Love the sign guppy. Nice multi unit apartments stompy. Will all these guppy owned properties be in guppyville? :p

Guppycur
08-04-2017, 07:09 AM
All of guppyvilles prefabs that I want to save, are converted. The seafood shop going forward are all new built. I'm torn on how I want to proceed though. I want custom sleeper volumes that make sense, so I kind of don't want to release prefabs with the boring ass generic sleepers. Which means xmls to go along with the prefabs.

The good is that they'll be challenging.

The bad is that they won't be compatible without.

I want a few more done before I decide which direction. Leaning towards custom volumes and people can edit them to vanilla if they want.

I'm pretty unhappy with the conversions, because most materials translated to painted wood.

Stompy did the apt conversion, thankfully.

Slaan
08-04-2017, 08:41 AM
I'm pretty unhappy with the conversions, because most materials translated to painted wood.

I have this issue on a massive scale, you see some buildings drawn with the distant mesh and they are quite clearly not all one material lol.
On the flip side, nothing built from painted wood/concrete should require much converting in future we just need a better way of taking rotations over.

As for your sleepers, if there's a particular thing you have in mind I would defo say just do it! People who can/want to can always edit them, the majority will not touch them I think so try out all the funky things you can. Once the blocks are in there re-doing the volumes is not such a bad task in the editor.

The new buildings are looking great, I can't wait to see what you do with some of your old prefabs (the 100 x 120 apartment block thing you made) as well as seeing all the fresh ones.

Guppycur
08-04-2017, 03:09 PM
I sent mag a zip with the conversions, sans apts, in his thread. I'm going to put the apts and seafood shop out today when I can roll my ass out of bed.

You're right of course, Fuggit. Most people use mags pack and he can change S_guppySeafood to S_small if he wants to use it in his pack.

EVENTUALLY, I'll have 3 versions of all of them, more or less like we often discuss on my discord or prefab server... Pristine, Fortified and Destroyed.

I almost always build pristine.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious how much the shape selector update will break... Lol.

Will the shape be a block, or will it be a tag IN a block, thus breaking prefabs all over again. :)

Laz Man
08-04-2017, 03:29 PM
I have this issue on a massive scale, you see some buildings drawn with the distant mesh and they are quite clearly not all one material lol.
On the flip side, nothing built from painted wood/concrete should require much converting in future we just need a better way of taking rotations over.

As for your sleepers, if there's a particular thing you have in mind I would defo say just do it! People who can/want to can always edit them, the majority will not touch them I think so try out all the funky things you can. Once the blocks are in there re-doing the volumes is not such a bad task in the editor.

The new buildings are looking great, I can't wait to see what you do with some of your old prefabs (the 100 x 120 apartment block thing you made) as well as seeing all the fresh ones.

Havent used hals convertor yet. As a side note, please be advised that blocks that cant be painted in game (visually) are technically painted still as far as the prefab file is concerned.

I caught onto this when pille mentioned it in one of his posts and then noticed it in his editor.

Asphalt terrain blocks were shown as painted in the editor although it doesnt show up visually in game. The reason this is important to know is because when you go to create a mesh file through hals documented process, the game will pick up on those unseen painted blocks and factor them into the mesh file.

For a while i didnt understand why my mesh file for my mcdowells prefab was using a tile texture over the asphalt. It all made sense after i became aware of this.

Guppycur
08-04-2017, 03:38 PM
I have noticed that air is also painted. But I've not made a mesh file yet, so I wonder how that works.

Laz Man
08-04-2017, 03:47 PM
I have noticed that air is also painted. But I've not made a mesh file yet, so I wonder how that works.

To fix the mesh file issue, i just made sure to remove/replace all unwanted invisible painted blocks via pilles editor before creating the mesh file.

Pille
08-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Looks very nice Guppy but I wonder why does it take so long? Release the kraken (and other kind of seafood).

Guppycur
08-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Laziness.

Laz Man
08-04-2017, 07:42 PM
Looks very nice Guppy but I wonder why does it take so long? Release the kraken (and other kind of seafood).

Pille have you checked out my mcdowell prefab yet? I gave yah a shout out in my release video. Thank you so much for your editor. :)

Guppycur
08-05-2017, 04:19 AM
Well Hal's isn't set up for 16.2 yet, Stompy's doesn't seem to want to work right now and I've no clue on how to use Coppi's, AND I'm gone this weekend, so no release from me for a few days. =)

Laz Man
08-05-2017, 04:26 AM
Well Hal's isn't set up for 16.2 yet, Stompy's doesn't seem to want to work right now and I've no clue on how to use Coppi's, AND I'm gone this weekend, so no release from me for a few days. =)

You can roll back to 16.1 for import/exporting.

Guppycur
08-07-2017, 03:11 AM
OP updated with download link.

Magoli
08-07-2017, 10:36 AM
Nice wordgame btw

Iam thinking about to give some of my old Prefabs their native names back too
(MagDoc,MagBowl,MagPuck,MagBurn,etc...) :)

Now, that iam able to write them in nice small Letters the people maybe dont barf on this anymore - LOL

like a graffitti :)

Mag out ;)

ajlam05
09-06-2017, 12:36 AM
One of my favorite pois i found while having the compopack really well done! I saw the name and was like Guppycur had to have made this haha