PDA

View Full Version : A16 - Guppy's Motorway

Guppycur
08-07-2017, 03:17 AM
The Racetrack is released!
A16.2 B7

One of the collaborative Guppy Prefab Server A16 prefabs.

I can't claim credit, I merely built the shell and did some decorations, but in alphabetical order the following people contributed immensely to this project!

Jackelmyer
Laz Man
Ouch Quit It

...if you worked on it and I simply forgot don't hesitate to let me know so I can add you to the list!

Download Here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ci9m75bc8hpnb8t/gup_racetrackfinal.zip?dl=0

Track Area

https://s30.postimg.org/61sizoech/20170826011236_1.jpg

Front Area

https://s30.postimg.org/99x0cq0m9/20170826011301_1.jpg

Video Tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkEenhU4G4w&feature=youtu.be

Magoli
08-07-2017, 10:09 AM
The front looks very nice - but iam getting dizzy by watching the racetracks - hihihihi

Anyway - it will be in the next CP (i guess !? LOL)

Laz Man
08-07-2017, 12:49 PM
I really like the dirt track. Nice Gup!

Guppycur
08-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Going to be testing minibike sleeper volumes (hey, they're entities), and if that works then I'll be making the track more... Stunt filled. Right now the garage has cars.

Magoli
08-14-2017, 04:42 PM
hey gupman

I will add it to the next CP

I think it fits good to the rural-spawn. What u thinking about?

Guppycur
08-14-2017, 05:29 PM
Rural for sure, except there is no parking lot. I may add one, but then it gets pretty big.

I'm not finished but when I am, You are of course welcome to anything I make.

Magoli
08-14-2017, 05:54 PM
When there is a new version ofc i will implement that.
maybe we should let it spawn in towns and wilderness too ??? idk!!! iam open for all :) - just tell me ur wishes :)

btw: iam about to check all ur other prefabs u have sent me right now.

found some little Issue here and there.
But overall the POI's are fine - I will add them to the mixer in next update
Just wanna make some slight adds. I catch u up about this later mate, when iam finished checking.

keeping cool
Mag

war4head
08-23-2017, 07:45 AM
Idea of minibike racing is welcome :smile-new: Cool !!!

Guppycur
08-23-2017, 02:04 PM
OuchQuitIt has been doing some edits on the track, so even though it's small it may even be fun.

Jackelmyer
08-23-2017, 06:06 PM
OuchQuitIt has been doing some edits on the track, so even though it's small it may even be fun.

It is. lol. O:-D

Ran into his building last night and immediately went on a spin. lol. Think he was checking out his final work as I pulled up and started zipping around the track. lol. We have some questions for you in regards to what we can do with this Prefab.

* Are you currently at any block limit (based on skyscrapers I'm guessing not).
* Are you opposed to us doing any building structural changes (like maybe try to make the garage wider so cars can "park" as expected)?
* Any objection to turning the center area to a pit crew area and change the inner wall to allow a pathway for vehicles into the middle for pit crew access?
* What about existing paint alterations? The screenshot of the front of the building makes it look brand new. Not very post apocalyptic. Very clean. Maybe some scuffing up of things?
* Is the plot size of this PreFab set in stone? I.E. if expanding the garage is an option, does it need to be expanded to reach inside the current plot area of the PreFab? Or can it be expanded away from the current prefab plot area?

Oh and as a general request: Can you link your "Want to build" General Discussion thread and/or screenshot of this Prefab to this thread for specific discussion on this prefab build out? Just as a quick link to get into here and talk about the changes to be made. OuchQuitIt and I were discussing how best to communicate with you in regards to what we can and can't do with this prefab.

Guppycur
08-23-2017, 06:18 PM
My ultimate plan is this:

I always make "brand new" versions of the prefabs, that way when they're finished, I can make "apocalyptic" versions and "destroyed" versions.

...so next time I'm on the server, I'll make a copy and put it somewhere, and that way y'all can have at the copy to do whatever you want with it; it never hurts to have more than one variant. =)

But yeh, make it bigger, change the track, whatever you feel is necessary to make it a great place to visit; I am going to try my hand at adding minibike spawners (sleepers spawn entities, no reason why that entity can't be a minibike) so I do want to make it dangerous and hard.

Guppycur
08-23-2017, 06:21 PM
I made a copy at 1413 / 735, not too far east of the current one.

- - - Updated - - -

Note that wiring doesn't transfer yet, but it will soon(tm).

Jackelmyer
08-23-2017, 06:28 PM
Got it!: That makes sense. So we'll leave it pretty for now then and just get, what seems like, a framework for you to push out your altered versions later.

Out of curiosity, is there a certain depth that the PreFab should be limited to? Would there be a problem making a 2-3 level deep parking Garage?

Thanks for the clarification!

OuchQuitIt! If you pop in here, the TV screen moved, and one put on either side of the stands would be cool and I think a bit more like a real raceway might to setup to avoid breaking the line of sight showing action on the Race Track. Which would also be cool to have players in the bleachers watching the track. I may work on the pit crew area tonight if you're not into the idea. Or trying to expand the garage a bit.

Guppycur
08-23-2017, 06:40 PM
The depth can be whatever; as long as the total prefab height isn't too extreme (and it's really not), it's not going to be a problem. I don't have a problem at ALL if y'all change anything around... make the track bigger if you want. <shrug>

Don't bother with wiring just yet; put the relays down, but I haven't installed the mod that will export/import with wires, and Pille hasn't updated his editor to allow for it yet either.

Once the structure is finished, we can place the sleeper blocks (under DevBlocks in the creative menu) around. The types of zombies are based on gamestages and xml's, so don't worry about that. :)

Jackelmyer
08-23-2017, 07:39 PM
Thanks Guppy! I think that answers most of the questions that OuchQuitIt! and I had going between us.

Guppycur
08-23-2017, 08:58 PM
Cool; and worst case, let's say Laz Man continues to work on the kitchen in ONE prefab, while y'all totally do something cool to the OTHER prefab, I've the technology and ability to put them back together. :)

Laz Man
08-23-2017, 09:51 PM
Don't stop on my account. If you decide to convert the kitchen into a bathroom (or garage) I won't lose any sleep. :p

Guppycur
08-23-2017, 10:31 PM
Oh, I finished the rest of that floor. Well, could use some decorations, paintings and crap, but that's the part I hate.

Magoli
08-24-2017, 01:30 AM
Oh, I finished the rest of that floor. Well, could use some decorations, paintings and crap, but that's the part I hate.

LOL - thats the part i love - hihihihi

Guppycur
08-24-2017, 02:14 AM
Well log in, and go for it. :)

Jackelmyer
08-24-2017, 07:26 AM
Pretty much just finished the Pit area. Let me know what'cha's think.

I also moved the light poles around the track a bit to make them more symmetrical. Mostly because placing the pit stop road and various other bits inside the pit area became much more challenging than needed because the poles were not all in kind of the same placements.

Changed the pipe as well for the water hazard in order to better place the light poles.

Planning on moving the big TV in the middle. Kind of an abnormal placement as it would block visibility of the track.

Really wish we had pickup trucks and trailers for them to spawn in like cars. Would be perfect for this track. Seems like it's just the right size for a small mini bike race track. So that's how i built the pit area.

And then I couldn't stop after posting this... added more trash. zombie spawners. stuff. lol... Enjoy. :-)

Last edits... Dang... Having a blast doing this. :-D

Guppycur
08-24-2017, 03:10 PM
Breathes a WHOLE lot more life into it, thanks guys! =)

I'll start on sleeper placements in a few mins when I finish waking all the way up.

...if you feel inspired as well, check out the prefab at 600N 50E, I am going for a "water world floating town bandit base" theme, but have only just started the shell. The more chaotic the better.

Jackelmyer
08-24-2017, 09:52 PM
Hey Guppy? Do mind if i do a bit more on the race track? There's a few things I wanted to switch around a bit and flush out.

And I'm not so good with the core shell of a build. I do better flushing out details. So I'll wait on the water world. :-p

Though I was looking to build an Indoor Paintball/Airsoft Park and possibly a pet store. :-D

Guppycur
08-25-2017, 12:58 AM
Do your thing. :)

Jackelmyer
08-25-2017, 07:33 AM
Done for the evening.

* Changed blocks around gun safes so no more wood walls to bust through.
* Added the security room outside the gun safe room.

Think all that's left is lighting and replacing the cars in the lower garage. And sleepers throughout. Thanks for inviting me to this! I'll work on decor in the garage tomorrow and probably call it quits on that one.

Jackelmyer
08-25-2017, 07:34 PM
Think we can call this one done. Ouch and I touched up a lot and put in a couple new features. Check out the garage. :-p Think we're at the point that if we add anything more it's going to over do it.

Would be cool to know how RWG looks to snap prefabs to roads. We put in asphalt thinking RWG uses that if available to snap a prefab in place. But yeah, I think we're done! WOOT!

Guppycur
08-26-2017, 02:45 AM
Nice! I'll rip it this weekend.

Guppycur
08-26-2017, 06:39 AM
OP Updated with Release. If I missed a contributor please forgive me and let me know; it's 1:40am here and I'm tired. :)

Jackelmyer
08-28-2017, 03:08 PM
I think Guppy would like to delegate some. :-p so here's a Mesh for the Race Track. Haven't had it generate in RWG (or at least haven't found it yet) to confirm the mesh is behaving. If someone has a sure fire method to test Meshes, please let me know (probably PM me).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7pefnohgop1dqc/gup_racetrackfinal_mesh.zip?dl=0

Jackelmyer
08-28-2017, 04:24 PM
Guppy,

So using your recommendation, bad company manager's "bc-lhcd" command, i was able to test out the race track Mesh. It does work. Though I think there may be a trick I'm missing to get ground, like the sand in the track or plains soil around the track, to be included in the Mesh. Parking lot isn't showing in the mesh either. But it's definitely the Race Track from a distance. Just... with a ground cover surface that matches the biome it's in. So yeah. Tested... Functional... Could be prettier LOD Mesh. :)

Laz Man
08-28-2017, 05:44 PM
Guppy,

So using your recommendation, bad company manager's "bc-lhcd" command, i was able to test out the race track Mesh. It does work. Though I think there may be a trick I'm missing to get ground, like the sand in the track or plains soil around the track, to be included in the Mesh. Parking lot isn't showing in the mesh either. But it's definitely the Race Track from a distance. Just... with a ground cover surface that matches the biome it's in. So yeah. Tested... Functional... Could be prettier LOD Mesh. :)

Ground meshes are ugly imo. Theres a reason why most of the vanilla pois dont include the ground they sit on as part of the POI. :p If someone can figure out a way to make distant ground meshes (terrain specifically) blend with the surrounding terrain better, im all ears. I have an idea but its a manual process after generating the simplified model.

Jackelmyer
08-28-2017, 05:52 PM
Ground meshes are ugly imo. Theres a reason why most of the vanilla pois dont include the ground they sit on as part of the POI. :p If someone can figure out a way to make distant ground meshes (terrain specifically) blend with the surrounding terrain better, im all ears. I have an idea but its a manual process after generating the simplified model.

I haven't seen a Prefab Mesh include the ground cover of the Prefab so I dunno. But it would be fantastic if that ground cover showed on, for example, Guppy's Race Track. The simplified Mesh at least is something to show the Race Track in the distance. But it could look notably cooler with a few more bits included in the mesh. Hay and Ground Cover specifically for that Prefab.

Jackelmyer
08-28-2017, 06:01 PM
BTW Guppy. I'm not sure if it was a fluke or what. But I had to set acceptable Zones for the Race Track to spawn in RWG. I think I did Town, Rural, Wilderness, and Any. I also had to set your DistantPOIYOffset to -6 as well.

Guppycur
08-28-2017, 11:30 PM
Probably not a fluke, I kind of count on Magoli a bit too much to fix my xmls? He feeds my laziness... =)

owl79
08-29-2017, 08:04 AM
Magoli isn't the only one looking for prefabs here, and it's very much appreciated when you guys make something ready to plug n' play! Thank you all for your work, this building project is really exciting.

ajlam05
09-06-2017, 12:40 AM
Guppy how are you getting all those different zombies?