PDA

View Full Version : Prefab - A16.2b7 - Paintball Arena

Guppycur
08-27-2017, 05:38 PM
Latest version of this prefab is now maintained here (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?73397-Prefab-A16-3-Shoot-n-Balls-Paintball-Arena).

Another Guppy Prefab Server selection, made by a very talented decorator.

Video of how I made the Sleeper Volumes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RwyEGg8UpY&feature=youtu.be

Guppycur
08-28-2017, 05:49 AM
@Jackel

You've an updated link?

Laz Man
08-28-2017, 05:55 AM
Nice naked male video thumbnail. :) On a serious note, nice job.

Jackelmyer
08-28-2017, 06:11 AM
I shared a zip with you on PM. It didn't work?

Thanks Laz! Was crazy fun!

Sidenote:. If you're making a prefab and it sits on a 1 block high foundation, concrete foundation for example, make sure you set your YOffset in the prefab XML to -1. Basically, Y offset = a negative value of your total blocks to get your front door to ground level.

Jackelmyer
08-28-2017, 03:06 PM
Updated Paintball Park prefab.

* Mesh added
* Sleeper Volumes reworked and play tested.
* Y Offset adjusted for both Distant Terrain and Random Gen spawning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqxm8xrh0roiqhr/jm_paintballv4final.zip?dl=0

Guppycur
08-28-2017, 11:33 PM
I updated the OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, as an aside, if ever you need to edit one of my posts with the correct or updated download link, "Report" it and put in a note that says:

Roland: Guppy said you wouldn't mind editing his posts

...mind you, I haven't actually asked Roland, but I presume a lot of things. =)

Jackelmyer
08-28-2017, 11:45 PM
lol. Will do.

Jackelmyer
08-29-2017, 08:51 PM
So... since i've learned a few more things... Updated with I hope the real final version.

Latest Prefab Download.
Note: the download file name for the latest should be jm_paintballv6final. Guppy's OP is pending an update currently...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7q0cmyy18opa9a2/jm_paintballv6final.zip?dl=0

Changes
* Removed wooden signs that were used since we can't store text in the signs with the prefab.
* Added a street sign for the building.
* Slight widening of the prefab to accommodate the street sign. (2 blocks wider prefab overall)
* Some little decorative changes (case... well... I was in edit mode sooo. yeah).
* Updated Mesh to include showing the Street Sign and the change to the prefab overall size.

Here's some screenshots for you guys as well.

Jackelmyer
08-30-2017, 06:54 AM
So a little bummed out. Sorry for those who may have downloaded this update. I seem to be smacked by some bug that cleared the zombies out of the locations I placed them on the map. Not entirely sure why they'd all poof but they did. have to replace zombie blocks and do it again... >.>

Eihwaz
08-30-2017, 05:38 PM
Hey,
I am sure you can fix it :)
I'm looking forward to the update.

Jackelmyer
08-30-2017, 06:40 PM
Hey,
I am sure you can fix it :)
I'm looking forward to the update.

Hoping to have it done today. Yeah. I know the problem so will get it fixed.

Jackelmyer
08-31-2017, 04:31 AM
And hopefully the last update for a while! Jeepers!

Sorry Guppy and Roland/forum moderators for the repeated updates on this one. All set now.

Some changes to note:
* Zombies now are real... Sleeper Blocks replaced after my import/export stafu.
* Front Parking now has a sidewalk in front and an entrance. No more (hopefully) no more smooshing the parking lot and street together.
* Added missing ladders.
* Some touch up.
* Doors are now locked appropriately.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzk9kx6nzayw75s/jm_paintballv8final.zip?dl=0

Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Note: Guppy/Roland/Moderator: If you'd like me to start a new forum thread for this let me know! Thanks!

SlicksGirl
09-03-2017, 04:28 AM
is this just a building, or are there paintball guns yet?

Jackelmyer
09-03-2017, 05:53 AM
is this just a building, or are there paintball guns yet?

Well it's all made of reinforced concrete. So you could go in with guns. :D Least that was considered in design. So armor up and blast your friends! I would recommend avoiding explosives unless you don't mind importing the prefab again or finding new paintball fields in your game.

But no, no paintball gun.

There is however a guy in the mods forum looking for help to mod in paintball guns.

It's fully ready for RWG though and has some... Erm. "Fun" surprises for those brave enough to explore the play field.

Jackelmyer
09-09-2017, 02:57 AM
I'm poking at Guppy to let me repost this Prefab in my own thread. But for now... FYI to all... A Paintball Wargames mod is available with 2nd version of this parks prefab to fit the mod. Hop on over to the thread below for details. :)

I'm not posting the Paintball Mod specific prefab here as it's not really meant for RWG or SP games. It's meant to be injected into an already generated map. :)

However the Prefab in this thread specifically is very much meant for RWG. :-p Uglies do exist in thar.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?73304-A-16-3-Paintball-Wargames-Mod

Guppycur
09-09-2017, 03:19 AM
Your prefab, no poking required. :)

Jackelmyer
09-09-2017, 03:32 AM
Thanks man! Much appreciated. I'll have it reposted shortly.

Guppycur
09-09-2017, 04:26 AM
Weirdo. :)

Jackelmyer
09-09-2017, 05:45 AM
Weirdo. :)

Far... far... FAR... to common of a term applied to me... Damn it... whatever. It works. :)

Pille
09-09-2017, 06:23 AM
Well, I guess it's time to have a look at this thing. ;) I've already tried to burgle it on Guppy server but all doors were closed.

Guppycur
09-09-2017, 06:25 AM
Nothing an admin Nailgun can't handle...

Pille
09-09-2017, 06:33 AM
Nothing an admin Nailgun can't handle...

Lol, I thought this might be considered as 'impolite'.

Jackelmyer
09-09-2017, 06:52 AM
Lol, I thought this might be considered as 'impolite'.

lol nah. Have at it. :-p I have some touch up to do anyway. I have my own prefab environment now since Guppy's got these constant excuses of "Disaster this and disaster that" to contend with. :angel:

Guppycur
09-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these prefabbers from the swift completion of their appointed builds.