PDA

View Full Version : Prefab FOR Prefabbers - RotationAndMetaReference

Jackelmyer
08-31-2017, 04:19 AM
So... I'm using Pille's editor... A lot. Knowing some of the tricks to using an editor can be the difference between a 5 minute fix and an hour long fix.

So...

Update: V2 now. Already updating...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/erx7ede9xe3jqi0/rotnmetademov2.zip?dl=0

Inside you'll find a ReadMe, TTS and XML (xml is useless, don't know why I added it).

Open it up with Pille's Editor or whatever your favorite A16 editor is and you'll see the Rotation's for many types of blocks that can be challenging to understand from an Editor's point of view. So...

Rotation Examples:
Doors (multiple)
Hatches
Ladders
Spotlights
Ramp Blocks
Various Lights where it made sense to lay out.
Most Cabinet types.
Faucets on cabinets
Fridges
SLEEPER ZOMBIES! (see the read me)
Probably more that I'm not thinking off. Have a look.

Meta Examples:

A line of Open, Closed, and Locked doors (see the ReadMe).

Enjoy!

Note: Recommended way to use this is have Pille's editor opened twice. If you didn't know, you can select multiple blocks in Pille's Editor, press CTRL+C to copy them, then go switch to a Pille's editor that you previously had opened up to work on your real Prefab, and paste, with CTRL+V, in blocks, with all the good rotation and meta bits included. So you can literally copy from this prefab, and paste into your own. :)

V2
* Added Cash Registers (loot and no loot kinds)
* Added Paintings (both) and their rotations inside the box "building".
* Added a tree with a painting next to it, to indicate which painting it was you should be looking at. And a water well of sorts with the Lake House painting in the middle of it.
* changed prefab name. shorter name, easier import.

Jackelmyer
08-31-2017, 05:44 AM
updated OP. new version

stallionsden
08-31-2017, 05:58 AM
This seems to be a tutorial. Not a prefab maybe should go in tutorials

Jackelmyer
08-31-2017, 06:22 AM
Well. It's actually a loadable prefab. So... Meh.

stallionsden
08-31-2017, 07:31 AM
Well. It's actually a loadable prefab. So... Meh.

Yeh i see this but tutorial still in its right lol.

Jackelmyer
08-31-2017, 07:48 AM
Yeh i see this but tutorial still in its right lol.

Maybe from the note perspective. Buuut... That's about it. Really is a prefab for prefabbers. If you want to work in an editor primarily, having something that shows rotations and meta values is rather helpful. I see your point, but there's not much "instructional" in this. Its not meant to be a tutorial but the forum God's can do with it as they see fit.

zLoki
09-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Maybe from the note perspective. Buuut... That's about it. Really is a prefab for prefabbers. If you want to work in an editor primarily, having something that shows rotations and meta values is rather helpful. I see your point, but there's not much "instructional" in this. Its not meant to be a tutorial but the forum God's can do with it as they see fit.

Just started out tinkering with prefabs. Very helpful thankyou.

Jackelmyer
09-01-2017, 06:12 PM
Just started out tinkering with prefabs. Very helpful thankyou.

Not a problem. Sharing's caring! :-D I've reached out to Hal9000 and I need to reach out to Stompy. But I'm looking at putting together a video on doing a complete system setup for a Prefab build environment. Hopefully, it goes alright.
:-p