PDA

View Full Version : [09/06] Summer Update #2 Trailer!

Clare
09-06-2017, 07:08 AM
Summer Update #2 is going live and we have this awesome trailer to share with you!

https://youtu.be/mPKDbZ7ucf8

What will you 7 days in Summer Update #2 look like?

obsidian_eclipse
09-06-2017, 08:41 AM
I expect a day 2 auger from now on lol

Looks impressive!

Clare
09-06-2017, 09:08 AM
I should've put in a *creative mode may have been used* at the end lol

Outlaw_187
09-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Awesome trailer!! Can't wait to dive in!!

PantsThief
09-06-2017, 09:30 AM
That was cool. And of course, already the ♥♥♥♥ty YouTube comments have started. Pardon my damn French.
Good job! Really do enjoy all the hard work everyone involved in making this game has put in.
Also how personal and involved Joel has been on his channel keeping everyone on pc updated on what's new. And of course Clare for keeping us updated as soon as she knows something new!
Not only is the game really amazing, but this community we have here has been amazing to be apart of!
Thank you

Zedeth91
09-06-2017, 09:50 AM
really makes you want to play it with other people :D

Damselx1
09-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Great looking trailer!

clay37
09-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Nice trailer.

Jimmy the Tulip
09-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Awesome trailer! Love it!!!

Maggot_8741
09-07-2017, 12:50 AM
Played after update and I haven't played in bout 4 months one dog killed me 4 times. it set up a stakeout at my backpack and everytime I came to get it it kicked my ass lol

Jimmy the Tulip
09-07-2017, 02:37 AM
Oh yeah. Dogs are brutal. Avoid the destroyed city wasteland until you can defend (and offend) against dogs. A spiked club or SMG is excellent against them.

Nootcaase
09-07-2017, 02:49 AM
Oh yeah. Dogs are brutal. Avoid the destroyed city wasteland until you can defend (and offend) against dogs. A spiked club or SMG is excellent against them.

While dogs are still tough, I think they have been toned down from patch 10. I actually survived my first dog with just a 22 wood bow. And it didn't have me bleeding until it's third attack.

Jimmy the Tulip
09-07-2017, 02:59 AM
While dogs are still tough, I think they have been toned down from patch 10. I actually survived my first dog with just a 22 wood bow. And it didn't have me bleeding until it's third attack.

Oooo, that is encouraging. We deliberately avoided the broken city last night so we didn;t get mauled. Might risk it now...

EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy
09-07-2017, 05:01 AM
Wow, over 3 million copies sold on consoles? There are some full blown triple A games that don't even get that. Congratulations to all the parties involved! :)

Outlaw_187
09-07-2017, 06:41 AM
Yes guys & gals. Congrats!! You've definitely earned it!!

warmunger
09-11-2017, 06:18 AM
Awesome trailer!! Loving the new update,

DoucheVader
09-20-2017, 07:15 PM
I should've put in a *creative mode may have been used* at the end lol

LOL yeah I was going to say, peeps seemed to have a wide array of weapons for the first week. So much ammo too! :)

Outlaw_187
09-21-2017, 04:20 AM
This video had to be done in creative mode. Cool stuff though, loving this new update!!

deathbringer
09-21-2017, 09:49 PM
there is mines everywhere the new poi's have spikes and mines the dogs got faster and they still haven't fixed there retarded running mechanics but it has improved the new poi's are fun to explore even despite the dangers PS (don't run into the food marts armory without looking there's mines) The traders are good the workbench is amazing and overall I love the game I hope they add new content even with the bugs. I would really love to see the electricity and painting system that they have on PC. I know one thing at a time but could you guys work a little faster. Oh I am really looking foreword to the bandits even though they are not done from what i have seen on you tube they are coming along great.

MJS101104
09-22-2017, 02:09 AM
there is mines everywhere the new poi's have spikes and mines the dogs got faster and they still haven't fixed there retarded running mechanics but it has improved the new poi's are fun to explore even despite the dangers PS (don't run into the food marts armory without looking there's mines) The traders are good the workbench is amazing and overall I love the game I hope they add new content even with the bugs. I would really love to see the electricity and painting system that they have on PC. I know one thing at a time but could you guys work a little faster. Oh I am really looking foreword to the bandits even though they are not done from what i have seen on you tube they are coming along great.

I've run through the wastelands on different maps and I have yet to run across any mines as of yet. So I've either been really lucky or others have been really unlucky. I know they are there though, I've heard them go off when I was near the wasteland biomes. I would have to agree with you about the dogs running mechanic, their erratic behavior while coming after you could use some work. I also noticed that dogs are able to smell/sense your character from a greater distance than regular zombies can.

As for them working faster, they are likely going as fast as they possibly can given the circumstances. You have to consider a few factors though. One is the fact that the console isn't likely to handle everything that the PC does, so they have to work with Iron Galaxy choose what features get included and which don't. Speaking of Iron Galaxy, that's the second thing you have to take into consideration is that IG is a sort of middle man. Especially sense they do seem to have final say on what actually makes it into the ports for the console versions. Then there are the testing periods that have to be done, and final approval by the companies that own the respective consoles getting the port.

And until the bandits are working properly on PC I don't see those happening anytime soon. Personally I'd rather see an increase in the zombie varieties before the bandits come into the picture.

Jon Dillinger
09-22-2017, 03:52 PM
Awesome trailer!! Loving the new update,

be care full though the polished steel trailers have very week block around the the bottom (300 hp) and if the Z's remove that 1st layer h whole trailer comes crashing down so remember to replace them with reinforced materials

Outlaw_187
09-23-2017, 03:54 AM
Good to know. I raided the trailer park for the 1st time today & thought that would be a good starter base during the 1st horde.
Is anyone playing navezgane? Yesterday I found the shop or whatever it is overlooking the HUGE canyons they put in.
Absolutely amazing. I actually felt a little dizzy walking on the overhang porch while looking down in the canyon.
By far my favorite new POI

Jimmy the Tulip
09-24-2017, 09:03 PM
I've run through the wastelands on different maps and I have yet to run across any mines as of yet. So I've either been really lucky or others have been really unlucky.

Same. I've clocked a few hours in the new update, many of which were spent navigating the wasteland and haven't hit a single mine. Perhaps it has something to do with the seed?

kenmyh
09-25-2017, 05:39 AM
Same. I've clocked a few hours in the new update, many of which were spent navigating the wasteland and haven't hit a single mine. Perhaps it has something to do with the seed?

Same here. Frequently passing through the wastland to one of the towns on our seed. Still to both see and hear mines..

MJS101104
09-26-2017, 09:56 PM
I've heard mines go off myself, but I've never come across any so far. The closest I have come to mines and almost getting blown up was when I went into what looked like an armory or gun store in the abandoned shanty town or settlers market or whatever that thing is supposed to be?

Jimmy the Tulip
09-26-2017, 11:30 PM
Alright, so last night we (I.e. my fiancee) found our first wasteland mine. I quietly backed away....

dustipher
09-27-2017, 02:06 PM
I can 100% confirm random mines now exist in the wasteland. My friend 'found' one the bad way Xo

Jon Dillinger
09-27-2017, 09:00 PM
I can 100% confirm random mines now exist in the wasteland. My friend 'found' one the bad way Xo

i have found plenty i just wish we could disarm them or break em down with a wrench , and haven't been able to blow up the hubcap mines with my bow , only the tin can mines , are the hubs cap simply decoys or simple just hub caps ?

Law21
09-27-2017, 10:30 PM
Awesome trailer!! Loving the new update, I waiting for them to fix the glitch that when you build stuff in your base you lose it all. That has caused me to take a break from the game. I am on xbox console does anyone have any ideas?

davethebakerx2
09-27-2017, 11:39 PM
I waiting for them to fix the glitch that when you build stuff in your base you lose it all. That has caused me to take a break from the game. I am on xbox console does anyone have any ideas?
get a ps4 so you can back up your saves

Damselx1
09-28-2017, 05:54 AM
I waiting for them to fix the glitch that when you build stuff in your base you lose it all. That has caused me to take a break from the game. I am on xbox console does anyone have any ideas?

There is a player-found workaround that can protect you from the MD5 errors. You can find the information in this thread: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69218-Possible-work-around-and-or-solution-to-md5-crashes(base-wipes-resets)

You do need to follow the steps exactly and as soon as you crash. Also, this is an unofficial workaround and does involve you deleting data so use with caution and at your own risk - having said that, it has really helped a lot of people.

Jon Dillinger
09-28-2017, 05:15 PM
There is a player-found workaround that can protect you from the MD5 errors. You can find the information in this thread: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69218-Possible-work-around-and-or-solution-to-md5-crashes(base-wipes-resets)

You do need to follow the steps exactly and as soon as you crash. Also, this is an unofficial workaround and does involve you deleting data so use with caution and at your own risk - having said that, it has really helped a lot of people.

So after some research i found that the limitations to save file size is a large contributor to the MD5 , mmy Qeustion is why are the Console Maker not legally bound to make the changes necessary to run any and all game sold for the console people buy a console assuming the CONSOLE has the ability to run any and all game sold for it with out a hitch < after seeing many of the errors on 7days are caused by console limitation some of which aren't hard ware but simply company policy that needs to change , because they won't allow larger file sizes for save's we don't get the quality of play that's is possible but not allowed because some guy that doesn't even play the console they designed said "we should limit save file size , because FU that's why " yeah i don't know i think all the Xbox guys complaining in the forums are barking up the wrong tree they need to go bug Microsoft and ask them why there save file size policy CANNOT be changed even if the games need it i think there should be some legal clause that says fine file sizes will stay unnecessarily small only as long as it doesn't affect the games performance , but if its found that the game suffers and the players experience is negatively affected by the small fill size then exception would be made and the save files allowed to be made the size necessary run the game with out error (not with out any error but error caused by lake of hard ware or memory )

Damselx1
09-28-2017, 06:59 PM
So after some research i found that the limitations to save file size is a large contributor to the MD5 , mmy Qeustion is why are the Console Maker not legally bound to make the changes necessary to run any and all game sold for the console people buy a console assuming the CONSOLE has the ability to run any and all game sold for it with out a hitch < after seeing many of the errors on 7days are caused by console limitation some of which aren't hard ware but simply company policy that needs to change , because they won't allow larger file sizes for save's we don't get the quality of play that's is possible but not allowed because some guy that doesn't even play the console they designed said "we should limit save file size , because FU that's why " yeah i don't know i think all the Xbox guys complaining in the forums are barking up the wrong tree they need to go bug Microsoft and ask them why there save file size policy CANNOT be changed even if the games need it i think there should be some legal clause that says fine file sizes will stay unnecessarily small only as long as it doesn't affect the games performance , but if its found that the game suffers and the players experience is negatively affected by the small fill size then exception would be made and the save files allowed to be made the size necessary run the game with out error (not with out any error but error caused by lake of hard ware or memory )

I think you'd have to put that to the developers or console makers themselves - I'm not a techie.

Jimmy the Tulip
09-28-2017, 10:43 PM

I discovered this also after seeing a post from one of the Fun Pimps staff. I think the next logical question(s) to ask are:
1. Is this limitation exclusive to cloud storage or is it also in force on local HDD save files?
2. If it's exclusive to cloud storage then can the save process be changed to save locally instead?

From what I understand 7DTD saves a local file and a cloud file (hence the "syncing") so I presume the restrictions are in force in both media forms but it would handy to know. I still don;t understand why consoles ship with such small HDD. 1Tb is peanuts these days and with XOX games weighing in at 100Gb of required storage (roughly) it's become an even more serious problem (I know XOX games won;t take that much on XO consoles, but it's still a problem).

Anyway, this has gone horribly off-topic and, for that, I apologise.

ThePuneShlanker
09-29-2017, 04:37 AM
So when's the next update out?

Clare
09-29-2017, 09:19 AM
This has gotten so off topic from the trailer I'm going to close it, you're welcome to continue this discussion in a dedicated topic of your choosing in general discussion if you like, this thread was for the trailer only.