PDA

View Full Version : Server Auto-Halt when no players connected

Kraligor
11-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Hi :)

Don't know whether this had been issued before, couldn't find it if so..

Could you consider implementing a dedicated server option to auto-freeze the server when no players are connected? So you don't have to start and stop it manually. When not doing so, the days will pass without anyone playing.

Thanks
Oli

PS: Awesome game! I hesitated buying first because Alpha and comparatively expensive when used to Indie Bundles, but those $35 could not have been invested better!

wboss
11-12-2013, 01:30 PM
yeah i been wanting this from the start. hope they add the option. whats the point of time going past when nobody on the server.

Fox
11-12-2013, 06:26 PM
I agree... the in-game time should pause while no one is online or stop at 7am so that when someone does join the server, they don't show up during the night and be completely screwed until morning.

Kraligor
11-12-2013, 07:20 PM
I agree... the in-game time should pause while no one is online or stop at 7am so that when someone does join the server, they don't show up during the night and be completely screwed until morning.

That is indeed an even better idea. Why not adding settings to either simply halt the server or halt at some specified time when no one is on? I really appreciate the configurability and the general open style of the game (like xml for crafting), so I hope to see this feature implemented. :)

Kantankerus
11-12-2013, 08:18 PM
+1 to this idea and Fox's tweak of it.

Stignos
11-13-2013, 02:01 AM

This is the future! You have my thumbs up!

HomicideSquirrel
03-16-2014, 10:55 PM
+1 for pausing time when no one is connected