PDA

View Full Version : Custom hub layout issues for Kinyajuu

stallionsden
09-14-2017, 11:10 PM
Decided to place this in prefabs. A localised thread to show the errors /issues people are getting attempting to do custom hubs.

Stompynz - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?71329-Details-on-the-RWG-Custom-Hub-NRE-issue

Slaan -
ERR exception in thread thread_generate chunks. Nullreferenceexception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Name: rwgerror.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 28.1 KB
ID: 22666

This be the game freezing error, I think this is the same one I got back in experimental. There's a whole bunch of null errors popping up but this was just a quick setup of the mixer at my end and I've a bit of 'tidying' to do as far as the layout code goes.

Same as before tho mostly, the hub can be previewed without issue and it's not till you visit the areas in game that it throws this at me.

Feel free to add your findings here so Kinyajuu may seek one thread and hopefully resolve the issues we are having with custom hubs in rwg.

Slaan
09-15-2017, 10:56 AM
Best way to test this issue is to run a game with the test code thats already in the mixer, you get the same results when you move to the area you designate to drop the hub in and this is vanilla code from the mixer with no outside interference.

Stompy's thread seems to be more relevant, should have read that first as the info there I imagine is way more useful than this.

<!--<cell_rule name="customHubTest" position="0,1" prob="0"/>-->

<cell_rule name="customHubTest">
<cave_count value="1,3"/>
<path_material value="asphalt" />
<path_radius value="10" />

<hub_rule name="customHubTest"/>

<wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault"/>
</cell_rule>

<hub_rule name="customHubTest">
<hub_type value="town"/>
<hub_layout name="customHubTest"/>

<prefab_rule name="town"/>
</hub_rule>

<hub_layout name="customHubTest">
<township_type value="town"/>
<street start_point="-64,0" end_point="64,0"/>
<lot min_x_y="0, 8" size="60,60" rotation_to_road="2"/>
<lot min_x_y="-32, 12" prefab="oldwest_jail" rotation_to_road="2"/>
</hub_layout>

stallionsden
09-15-2017, 11:03 AM
Best way to test this issue is to run a game with the test code thats already in the mixer, you get the same results when you move to the area you designate to drop the hub in and this is vanilla code from the mixer with no outside interference.

Stompy's thread seems to be more relevant, should have read that first as the info there I imagine is way more useful than this.

<!--<cell_rule name="customHubTest" position="0,1" prob="0"/>-->

<cell_rule name="customHubTest">
<cave_count value="1,3"/>
<path_material value="asphalt" />
<path_radius value="10" />

<hub_rule name="customHubTest"/>

<wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault"/>
</cell_rule>

<hub_rule name="customHubTest">
<hub_type value="town"/>
<hub_layout name="customHubTest"/>

<prefab_rule name="town"/>
</hub_rule>

<hub_layout name="customHubTest">
<township_type value="town"/>
<street start_point="-64,0" end_point="64,0"/>
<lot min_x_y="0, 8" size="60,60" rotation_to_road="2"/>
<lot min_x_y="-32, 12" prefab="oldwest_jail" rotation_to_road="2"/>
</hub_layout>

All be very helpful. Just thought if all those like yourself and stompynz etc put all your findings and errors here as i have directed kin to both stompynz thread and this one