PDA

View Full Version : [REQUEST] A Call for Prefabs

SlicksGirl
09-21-2017, 05:47 PM
The Dark Wardens is looking for your cool prefabs.

What you get:

1. A cool shout out on a youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyxKdH4HaxND8dVUlktQAQg?view_as=subscriber).
2. Forum recognition for your awesome prefab in this thread.
3. Inclusion in the Dark Wardens Prefab pack.
4. An exclusive prefab pack, only handed out to those who donate (their prefabs, not money).

What we are looking for:
1. Real world models of famous buildings and wonders
2. Secret lairs and admin bases
3. Farms or rural POI's.
4. Dungeons and catacombs
5. Ancient castles
6. Modern architecture, or mid century modern architecture.
7. Bad A** buildings
8. A model of your home, apartment, or a cool building in your town.
9. Cool statues, landmarks, or artwork (like fountains or sculptures)
10. Buildings you find in other video games

What to do:
1. Build your prefab in game (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72550-Getting-Started-Prefabbing-Complete-(POI-Creation)).
2. Take a cool picture or video of it.
3. Extract your prefab using Hals editor (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?7564-Hal-s-Prefab-Editor&highlight=hals).
4. Edit the extra land, sky ,and underground using Pilles editor. (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62501-Prefab-Editor-(Alpha))
5. Upload your tss file to drop box (https://www.dropbox.com).
6. Post a picture or video of your prefab below.
7. Post the link with your picture t your drop box file.
8. Wait patiently for me to get through them all (spawn them in a testing server, take videos, post those to youtube) and our players to vote.

This is an ongoing project and we will add prefabs to future prefab packs and update participants with the new prefab pack. No money is changing hands, this is purely a not-for profit project, save for maybe ads displayed on our Dark Wardens blog if or when we provide links there.

owl79
09-22-2017, 01:41 AM
Do I misunderstand point 4, or are you actually planning to make the pack out of the work of others and then sell it for "donations"? If so, not cool.

SlicksGirl
09-22-2017, 01:58 AM
Do I misunderstand point 4, or are you actually planning to make the pack out of the work of others and then sell it for "donations"? If so, not cool.

um, no sell it, no.. i'm looking for people to "donate" to the project in the form of prefabs as apposed to me pulling prefabs out of the forums and having to ask permissions for every single one.

I'll share the prefab back with those who contribute to the project first, before The Dark Wardens full mod comes out.

I'm also planning on making about 50 of my own prefabs to contribute to the project.

- - - Updated - - -

can we even sell stuff we make for 7dtd, wouldnt that be an infringement of copyrights?

I'm doing this all for ♥♥♥♥s and giggles. and because its improving my coding skills.

owl79
09-22-2017, 02:13 AM
Sorry for misunderstanding! I thought you meant monetary donations to your server/group.

SlicksGirl
09-22-2017, 02:18 AM
Sorry for misunderstanding! I thought you meant monetary donations to your server/group.

oh no, i'd never ask that. EVER. though i keep getting asked to put a donation button up because i do spend a lot of money and time on the game. i actually have a job in the real world. like everybody else.

Pille
09-24-2017, 04:40 PM
What we are looking for:
1. Real world models of famous buildings and wonders
2. Secret lairs and admin bases
3. Farms or rural POI's.
4. Dungeons and catacombs
5. Ancient castles
6. Modern architecture, or mid century modern architecture.
7. Bad A** buildings
8. A model of your home, apartment, or a cool building in your town.
9. Cool statues, landmarks, or artwork (like fountains or sculptures)
10. Buildings you find in other video games

So basically, you take everything? ;)

What's an admin base and Bad A** buildings? I've an A15 player/admin base that may qualify for your prefab collection...

Spider
09-24-2017, 04:52 PM
Are you aware that there is already a freely available Community Prefab Pack maintained by Magolis for countless alphas now? As his pack is HUGE and contains practically every posted Prefab I don't see what the point of another community pack would be. I know for sure Magolis would love help with maintaining and updating the current pack as he puts a massive amount of time into it for the rest of us. Maybe a team up would be more productive and less time draining for all involved. I know it would be better for the community if they didn't have to sort 2 huge prefab packs for duplicates and merge 2 rwgmixer.xmls

Just a thought.

Pille
09-24-2017, 05:05 PM
Are you aware that there is already a freely available Community Prefab Pack maintained by Magolis for countless alphas now?

Some of the items don't sound like something you want to have in your regular rwg spawn, e.g. 'admin bases'. So imo a second prefab pack makes sense if it's thematically different to Magoli's pack. Apart from this I agree.

Crater Creator
09-24-2017, 06:02 PM
Are you aware that there is already a freely available Community Prefab Pack maintained by Magolis for countless alphas now? As his pack is HUGE and contains practically every posted Prefab I don't see what the point of another community pack would be. I know for sure Magolis would love help with maintaining and updating the current pack as he puts a massive amount of time into it for the rest of us. Maybe a team up would be more productive and less time draining for all involved. I know it would be better for the community if they didn't have to sort 2 huge prefab packs for duplicates and merge 2 rwgmixer.xmls

Just a thought.

I haven't tried Magoli's pack yet, but that's a great point. If a user's going to be mixing and matching multiple packs, it'd be most convenient for them to be organized by content, not by curator. For instance, I personally wouldn't want castles in my game, so I wouldn't install a castles prefab pack. But if I want castles, I want the full variety the community has produced in one package.

SlicksGirl
09-24-2017, 06:33 PM
I haven't tried Magoli's pack yet, but that's a great point. If a user's going to be mixing and matching multiple packs, it'd be most convenient for them to be organized by content, not by curator. For instance, I personally wouldn't want castles in my game, so I wouldn't install a castles prefab pack. But if I want castles, I want the full variety the community has produced in one package.

I'm not mixing and matching, thats the point. yes Magoli's is HUGE.. and i want to do something completely different theme-wise with this compo pack. His pack is missing several things I'd love to see in the game and when i asked him, he said he specifically left those out and feels that they are not with the packs theme and ideals. for instance i offered to build dungeons, skyscrapers, and national landmarks, etc, and he vetoed my ideas. so i thought, instead of trying to get another player to include me in their project, I'll just do my own. something you cannot get in his pack, loads of stuff you wont be able to get in his pack.

But if you dont want to participate, that's fine. I have no problem building everything all by my self. if nobody on these forums wants to help, i'll just keep the project private and it will only be on my server, and i'm fine with that.

Yes, Magoli's did amazing things.. go play with Magoli. Quit comparing this project to Magoli's. this is NOT magoli's prefab pack and will not contain any parts of the vanilla or in-game prefabs.

This is also not the medieval compo pack and will not contain medievil buildings that are not national monuments.

this is something completely different, either you would like to see something new and participate, or you can run along and go use somebody else's played to death mod.

Spider
09-24-2017, 07:12 PM
@SlicksGirl-
Wo... Dude or Dudet... chill. We were just trying to give you information and feed back on your posted idea. No one said you couldn't do it or that they were not interested. I was just trying to be helpful and maybe save you some time. Its good to know you already checked the possibility of that option. But to be fair you first post really does not make it clear how this Prefab Pack would be different than what is already available. Maybe a more clearer statement about what your intended theme of the pack and how it would be different would help explain the uniqueness you are going for. Well good luck man/woman

P.S. Try not to take offense to feedback and conversation so easily this isn't a You Tube comment section we mean you no harm.

SlicksGirl
09-24-2017, 07:34 PM
oh i'm not offended, i'm sincere. if you want to to tell me this is the same as magoli's or the midevil prefab packs, then go play them.

I'm not going to include vanilla content in with the final build either.

I'm a dudette.

If you think this is the same something somebody else has done, go play their stuff, add their pack to your game. and if nobody wants to participate, then so be it. My success with this 200+ combo pack is not tied to anyone participating or what anybody has already done. I'm perfectly capable of cranking out a good 50+ prefabs this fall. and i'f i'm going to hear nothing but criticism, then i'll just keep my pack to myself and let the 8 people on my server enjoy it.

I'm looking for something akin to the real world and a bit modern. stuff thats actually in the real world. and i'm tired of the same a-frame houses, so tired i dont even bother to explore.

Laz Man
09-24-2017, 09:41 PM
You say your not offended yet you certainly got very defensive very quickly with your responses. People are just trying to be helpful. Sharing your interactions with Magoli as well as how your compliation will be different certainly helps clear some of the confusion.

SlicksGirl
09-24-2017, 11:43 PM

Just a thought.

why would they have to sort it for duplicates? why would there be duplicates? where in my original post did i start i'm using other people's combo packs or that i'm mixing this stuff into new combo packs? if you want to do that, then go you. I'm tired of the vanilla game.. but i still want to play.

- - - Updated - - -

never mind, i get it. you have what you want. there are tons of other prefab backs, this would not add any value to the game. I get it. as the boss modders of this game, i trust your judgment. I'll keep my stuff to myself.

Moderator, please close this thread.

Crater Creator
09-25-2017, 12:18 AM
Well, it's your project ultimately. So if that's what you want, so be it.