PDA

View Full Version : New Prefabs...but have a problem

Ouch Quit It
09-26-2017, 12:28 AM
Hello fellow creators...I got the bug of Prefab building after being invited into guppys server...I have helped dwcorate his Motocross track with jackelmeyer...but went off on my own and created 4 additional prefabs.

1. Behemoth lair...which isn't much but a good idea for it to have its own POI...I feel when it is implemented.

2. DeadEnd Mine--small mine site that has a small dig site under it with a surprise too

3 Airstrips- 2 set on opposite sides of a road...2 be used individually

A--Suburban airstrip- with 5 hangars and a crashed plane. Complete with runway, heliport and control tower...its about 100x200 blocks in size

B--Rural airstrip--Complete with crashed plane inside hangar and an old junkyard with a decaying plane in it. 100x200 block size

My problem is that I am not too computer savvy and have no idea how to download/upload and post them. Any help would be appreciated

Ouch
Here is the link to my screenshot page in steam
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010851616/screenshots/#scrollTop=0

stallionsden
09-26-2017, 01:05 AM
Hello fellow creators...I got the bug of Prefab building after being invited into guppys server...I have helped dwcorate his Motocross track with jackelmeyer...but went off on my own and created 4 additional prefabs.

1. Behemoth lair...which isn't much but a good idea for it to have its own POI...I feel when it is implemented.

2. DeadEnd Mine--small mine site that has a small dig site under it with a surprise too

3 Airstrips- 2 set on opposite sides of a road...2 be used individually

A--Suburban airstrip- with 5 hangars and a crashed plane. Complete with runway, heliport and control tower...its about 100x200 blocks in size

B--Rural airstrip--Complete with crashed plane inside hangar and an old junkyard with a decaying plane in it. 100x200 block size

My problem is that I am not too computer savvy and have no idea how to download/upload and post them. Any help would be appreciated

Ouch
Here is the link to my screenshot page in steam
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010851616/screenshots/#scrollTop=0

Drop box is good and what i and some others use.

Simply you have one on your desktop which you place your file you want to upload. Open your browser open drop box there and click on share and it will give you a link to copy and paste here.

Royal Deluxe
09-26-2017, 01:31 AM
I think the best for uploads is google Dokuments.

Sadly all i can say about export Prefabs is that it is possible with Halīs or Coppis tool.
With both i have zero experience to export from maps.

My way to make poiīs is
Making a Template with Pilles Editor
Then edit with Pilles editor and Halīs tool in a empty world

Ouch Quit It
09-26-2017, 01:45 AM
I made them on Guppy's empty world...i will have to follow Jackelmeyers steps to turn it into a file ....have to try it

stallionsden
09-26-2017, 01:51 AM
I made them on Guppy's empty world...i will have to follow Jackelmeyers steps to turn it into a file ....have to try it

You could get guppy to do it lol :-D. And then send you the file to upload here

Ouch Quit It
09-26-2017, 02:35 AM
You could get guppy to do it lol :-D. And then send you the file to upload here

Yeah--hes pretty busy in TX right now....we shall see...Thx

Kam R.
09-26-2017, 02:44 AM
Jackelmyer's thread is very helpful indeed. Once you have the nuisance of setting things up out of the way, it's a matter of minutes to get your prefabs finalized.

Oh as for getting your prefabs from Guppy's server, use this in your browser to grab 'em:

76.30.231.156:9002/static/Prefabs/[yourprefabname].tts

and

76.30.231.156:9002/static/Prefabs/[yourprefabname].xml (this you'll get displayed in the browser as a text which you have to copy into a text editor and create the actual .xml file for yourself)

As for uploading/sharing, dropbox is neat as it syncs with your local files, but there are tons of file sharing sites, just have a look around.

Jackelmyer
09-26-2017, 03:15 AM
He'll need to have someone export the Prefabs and provide him the file name.

Ouch,. Definitely dig into the thread I put out on how to prefab. You'll need some of it if you're wanting to publish a game ready Prefab that includes a mesh file and sleeper volumes.

Ouch Quit It
09-26-2017, 06:11 PM
Hey Jackel---if I am using Guppys server to do my building...do I still need all those programs? Or can I just download Bad Company manager for the exporting? what other steps would I need to do?
Thx...I don't want to blow up my computer?

Ouch

Kam R.
09-26-2017, 06:56 PM
You can skip the part about setting up your own dedicaded server since that part is covered by the presence of Guppy's. So also no need for badcompany. It's a server manager, so it's not a clientside thing, you can use the export command on Guppy's. (Afaik every player definitely has permissions to at least use the import/export commands)

Hal's and Pille's editors and the steps involving them you need though to complete the prefab.

Ouch Quit It
09-26-2017, 10:49 PM
You can skip the part about setting up your own dedicaded server since that part is covered by the presence of Guppy's. So also no need for badcompany. It's a server manager, so it's not a clientside thing, you can use the export command on Guppy's. (Afaik every player definitely has permissions to at least use the import/export commands)

Hal's and Pille's editors and the steps involving them you need though to complete the prefab.

cool ..thanks Kam....according to Hals post, his editor does not work with A16....so can I just use Pilles ?

Ouch

Jackelmyer
09-26-2017, 11:15 PM
Hey Jackel---if I am using Guppys server to do my building...do I still need all those programs? Or can I just download Bad Company manager for the exporting? what other steps would I need to do?
Thx...I don't want to blow up my computer?

Ouch

Setting up all of it will give you the greatest freedom of doing prefab work. However you can get by on Guppy's server by exporting and using Hal's Mod (one of the steps) to do your mesh work. Then just load your prefab into a world via RWG by tweaking the XML of rwgmixer.xml. Easiest thing there is to replace all the other prefabs with the one your testing. That way the whole world spawns only your prefab. Easy to find that way. But I recommend using a separate copy of the game for prefab testing. Makes life easier. That should also be covered in the guide. I think.

Guppycur
09-28-2017, 01:37 PM
Yeh the whole purpose of that server was to get more people into prefabbing, so I'm glad y'all are hitting it off well. =)

The export is really easy Ouch, stand at one corner at ground level, type "loc" in console, then go to the opposite corner, fly up until your feet are above the top height of the prefab and type "export ouch_airstrip" in console (or ouch_poop, or ouch_whatever).

This will create a prefab from the feet of your character when you typed "loc" to the feet of your character from when you typed "export", using the filename that you put (in this example, "ouch_airstrip").

Then you use that url, in this case 76.30.231.156:9002/static/Prefabs/ouch_airstrip.tts and 76.30.231.156:9002/static/Prefabs/ouch_airstrip.xml, and voila, you have the files.

...but yeh, this post is the longest I've been on the forums since the storm, so I gotta go, peace! Get on that discord, Tin should set you up.