PDA

View Full Version : [10/19] Message from the Team - Patch 12 Submitted!

Clare
10-19-2017, 01:11 PM
Hi all!

Patch 12 has gone into submission and I'm here to deliver the notes for the patch! This patch is focusing on bug fixes and improvements.

Of course there's the usual bit...

- NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated
- do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.
- keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.
- please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.
- I do NOT have further info on future features, updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

... and onto the notes!

------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 12.0
PS4 Version 1.17
XB1 Version 1.0.17.0

Weíre back to bug fixing! Patch 12 is going to be released shortly. We have quite a few bug fixes and improvements in store for all of you. Check out the list below for a sneak peek!

Bug Fixes and Improvements
Gameplay

Removed the "Run Forrest Run" perk because it could be exploited to break the stamina system
Fixed an issue that would prevent a player from receiving full payment for selling items in a rented vending machine
Fixed an issue that prevented the ďLocate TraderĒ quest from being completed, even after interacting with a trader
Fixed an issue that required the player to close and reopen a rented vending machineís interface to refresh the items list and amount of Dukeís Tokens available for collection
Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause items sold in bundles to become stuck in rented vending machines
Fixed an issue that prevented the map indicator for a rented vending machine from disappearing once the rent has expired
Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the Trader UI to close when a player on split-screen would close a container
Fixed an issue that would increase the first playerís barter skill when the second player earned the increase in a split-screen game
Fixed an issue that prevented the smelting timer from updating upon replacing an item in the forge
Fixed an issue that prevented the last item in a smelting slot from being smelted when a player has the forge screen open
Fixed an issue that prevented players from receiving the Basic Survival quest after quitting out of the game when the quest prompt is initially displayed
Fixed an issue that would cause a destroyed bedrollís map indicator to persist upon rejoining a game
Fixed an issue that would cause some characters to spawn into the game already freezing or overheating

Art/Audio

Fixed an issue with terrain generation that would cause caves that spawned near water to corrupt the terrain around them
Fixed an issue that would cause terrain artifacts to appear when a large portion of the ground had been removed
Fixed an issue that caused some blocks to appear corrupted in the block placement preview
Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the sitting animation to persist after the player had gotten off the minibike
Fixed an issue that would cause the size of a torch in an active toolbelt slot to shrink
Fixed a handful of spelling and grammatical errors in item names and descriptions

System/Stability

Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the game to enter an unresponsive state after disconnecting and reconnecting a controller

We hope you are excited for Patch 12. Thank for being the dedicated and involved community that you are!

-------------

Thats all for now folks!
Clare

Indyy740
10-19-2017, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the hard work on bug fixes

Ric Walker
10-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Really nice to see some bugs fixed that were reported since the last update. compared to some other bugs that was really quick. keep the good work on!

Andyhouben
10-19-2017, 01:41 PM
Love it, keep up the good work 👍👍

Greets from belgium !!!

Soujiro245
10-19-2017, 02:21 PM
Hello I was wondering when you guys might fix the multiplayer issues that some of us are having? I love this game and I want to be able to play with my friends but it never works.

Xlxfearlessxlx
10-19-2017, 02:22 PM
I am really glad to see the bug work moving forward. That being said, are there any fixes being implemented to correct the extreme fog that the game host sees (PS4) every few game days (especially with rain)? It does not leave until the game is restarted and blocks the distant terrain completely. I believe I have submitted this on the bug section a long time ago.

Adever3456
10-19-2017, 03:32 PM
I would love to see some of the stability issues fixed. My wife and I are so addicted to the co-op split screen but have already lost a character because of some of the issues. We are well over 60 hours in and losing a character is frustrating. That being said I love everything you do. Do you all take donations?

Clare
10-19-2017, 04:11 PM
Hello I was wondering when you guys might fix the multiplayer issues that some of us are having? I love this game and I want to be able to play with my friends but it never works.

Please submit a bug report about your issues and I'll help troubleshoot as best I can.

- - - Updated - - -

I am really glad to see the bug work moving forward. That being said, are there any fixes being implemented to correct the extreme fog that the game host sees (PS4) every few game days (especially with rain)? It does not leave until the game is restarted and blocks the distant terrain completely. I believe I have submitted this on the bug section a long time ago.

If you're on version 1.16 then I believe adjustments were already made and I'm not sure if they'll be adjusting further anytime soon. However I will follow up with the team with a suggestion request for you.

- - - Updated - - -

As for other issues I only have what's in the notes, but thank you all for your feedback so far :)

Splitknuckler
10-19-2017, 04:12 PM
Bug fixes always appreciated. Thank you, fun pimps

Kraks77
10-19-2017, 04:41 PM
I didnt see anywhere where it said we had to restart our save game, Can this really be true?

Zadious
10-19-2017, 05:00 PM
Please submit a bug report about your issues and I'll help troubleshoot as best I can.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're on version 1.16 then I believe adjustments were already made and I'm not sure if they'll be adjusting further anytime soon. However I will follow up with the team with a suggestion request for you.

- - - Updated - - -

As for other issues I only have what's in the notes, but thank you all for your feedback so far :)

Hi Clare,

I just wanted to echo this, that with dual ps4's in a private MP game on 1.16, we have had some serious issues with the snow/fog where the host machine can't even see 4 feet in front of themselves. It's a complete wash out on the screen. I even have a Asus ROG Switft and the game looks way better on the non-host 10 year old monitor. We didn't encounter this until 1.16 just a couple weeks ago when we started over. At first we thought all the new smoke/fog/snow/rain was cool, but the screen whites out in the snow biome or whenever it snows. I was in Persihton and I got lost in the middle of the street in a rain/snow storm. I couldn't see more than 3-4 feet in any direction. The non-host ps4 had reduced visibility but nothing to the point of making you blind to the game. Having the mining helmet turned on helps this, but we still go to a full white out in the snow biome or forest biome when it snows.

Should I submit a bug report? Maybe I'll try 1.17 and see what it's doing and then let you know.

Thank you very much for all you do. Sorry to send bad news. We love all the new stuff in 1.16 though!

Spindaturtle1080
10-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Dumb question but why are there such an overwhelming amount of dogs now. And why were airdrops nerfed so much?

Florida cracker 4 7
10-19-2017, 05:48 PM
I haven't played in awhile, last time I had the spider zombies were able to climb up walls, which was a glitch I assume. However now the zombies get stuck on "one level high" blocks and seems to be stuck trying to jump/climb. It's rather embarrassing when showing new friends the game. They ask are they supposed to do that? I know they didn't use to. It's pretty ridiculous looking, best way I could describe it is like Pogo stick.....

They will get caught in a loop and not go around or climb on top of. Makes the horde boring when you can just watch them struggle and then kill them one by one.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Was something changed that doesn't allow zombies the ability to climb one level of block?

Xbox one console.

Jlmartin520
10-19-2017, 05:51 PM
Is this patch going to fix the constant game crashes! I love this but the constant crashing nearly every hour in a multiplayer game is getting pretty annoying.

Damselx1
10-19-2017, 06:02 PM
I haven't played in awhile, last time I had the spider zombies were able to climb up walls, which was a glitch I assume. However now the zombies get stuck on "one level high" blocks and seems to be stuck trying to jump/climb. It's rather embarrassing when showing new friends the game. They ask are they supposed to do that? I know they didn't use to. It's pretty ridiculous looking, best way I could describe it is like Pogo stick.....

They will get caught in a loop and not go around or climb on top of. Makes the horde boring when you can just watch them struggle and then kill them one by one.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Was something changed that doesn't allow zombies the ability to climb one level of block?

Xbox one console.

Spider zombies can climb any vertical surface so seeing them scaling walls is normal.

The thing with zombies getting stuck jumping up is a bug and they are working on it. I've seen a post that said they thought it was because the zombies were walking right up to the block before jumping and that's what gets them stuck - it can happen to players too. Hopefully a fix will soon be forthcoming.

CrAzY_888888's
10-19-2017, 06:10 PM
I wish they would turn there aggression down a notch or two

Jon Dillinger
10-19-2017, 06:12 PM
Props to all the people Who filed Proper bug reports you guys are the unsung heroes of this patch !!!! thank you all so very much , and thank you team for showing us if we report it you will do you r best to fix it !! Keep u the good work and you all deserve a COOKIE , ask you're HR guys about it the box is in the mail :P

Please look this thread up https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting and file a report to the best of your knowledge ,tank you

"Is this patch going to fix the constant game crashes! I love this but the constant crashing nearly every hour in a multiplayer game is getting pretty annoying . "

again please check out this thread https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting . please file a proper bug report , if you read through the patch notes and scan through the reported bug you'll notice a trend , bugs that where reported with great detail and information have been found and squashed , so please don't be part of the problem by not reporting the bugs you experience and assume some one else will do it for you thank you have a good day

clay37
10-19-2017, 07:03 PM
Thanks Clare and Devs

Xlxfearlessxlx
10-19-2017, 07:25 PM
Thank you! I am on the most recent version. It is still a big problem for the game host. I have tested it in 2 different ps4 machines and 2 different accounts.

PantsThief
10-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Sweet guys/gals, thanks!

I have no problem with a restart but is it recommended?

Jon Dillinger
10-20-2017, 01:55 AM
Sweet guys/gals, thanks!

I have no problem with a restart but is it recommended?

I almost 100 % sure since there is no major content being added there will be NO need for a restart , as in the past the restarts are necessary only when new content is added to the game world because overridden data on old save cans cause major data loss AKA your base with all the loot being replaced with a new POI or a trader out post , ya dig

Outlaw_187
10-20-2017, 02:34 AM
Great job team. You all do outstanding work & it is much appreciated.

I haven't experienced really any of these bugs personally, except for the two forge issues, but obviously others have.

Thank you so much everyone involved!!

Clare
10-20-2017, 09:14 AM
I almost 100 % sure since there is no major content being added there will be NO need for a restart , as in the past the restarts are necessary only when new content is added to the game world because overridden data on old save cans cause major data loss AKA your base with all the loot being replaced with a new POI or a trader out post , ya dig

Correct! No restart needed for these fixes.

PantsThief
10-20-2017, 09:23 AM

Didnít think it would, be being just bug fixes. Just wanted to double check.

The rate of the updates and bug fixes is really amazing. Once again, thank you.

crazywildfire
10-20-2017, 10:04 AM
Dumb question but why are there such an overwhelming amount of dogs now. And why were airdrops nerfed so much?

I have b o issue with dogs as I stay out of the wasteland. On day 60 I have only seen 9 dogs besides when I go into the wasteland and also take away horde nights. But even in wasteland I don't come but 5 maybe 6 at a time and only time to time. Kill them don't see anymore for a few. Longer in wasteland the more dogs you going to see.

Also airdrops work just the same as before. At least from my end. So not sure what you talking about.

Obuthan
10-20-2017, 02:22 PM
Thank you! Awesome progress.
Really appreciate the Console Teams efforts.

Jon Dillinger
10-20-2017, 06:12 PM

PROOF !!!! let if be known! that every so often i can be CORRECT !(must be read aloud with a thick British accent)

crazywildfire
10-20-2017, 06:28 PM
PROOF !!!! let if be known! that every so often i can be CORRECT !(must be read aloud with a thick British accent)

With Dr Evil laugh? Lol

Nathan3507
10-21-2017, 03:38 AM
Thank you guys for all your hard work! One issue I hope is resolved soon, is map generating glitches. When Iím walking around the map will fail to generate, even in places Iíve been before, and Iíll get stuck in the dividing line between a generated part and the next part. Really frustrating. Especially if you have a dog chasing you and youíre just stuck. Happens more often when the distant terrain is enabled. And also, the rented vending machines say they last for 30 in game days. I bought one on like day 30 and it says that it expires on day 112. Way more than 30 days.

crazywildfire
10-21-2017, 07:24 AM
Thank you guys for all your hard work! One issue I hope is resolved soon, is map generating glitches. When Iím walking around the map will fail to generate, even in places Iíve been before, and Iíll get stuck in the dividing line between a generated part and the next part. Really frustrating. Especially if you have a dog chasing you and youíre just stuck. Happens more often when the distant terrain is enabled. And also, the rented vending machines say they last for 30 in game days. I bought one on like day 30 and it says that it expires on day 112. Way more than 30 days.

The world generated will probably never be fixed. It is just the console limitations. If you viewed every inch of the world then the game would have to remember this and would cause to run in the background the whole time then you would have even more lag and such issues. So the game loades in chunks to keep the game less lag free (not completely) even if you been in the are or not. Like I said just the console limitations so probably something that isn't going to change. Maybe ps5 and Xbox two or what ever they will call it might have better hardware that can have these type of things load faster. Who knows and who knows if they will put this game on those systems.

Rastapog
10-21-2017, 10:46 AM
Hi all !!

Ty for this update...

But still no "true" multiplayer mode (dedicated servers).
So for me, the game will stay in the closet: '(:' (

Chappy5902
10-21-2017, 12:49 PM
The world generated will probably never be fixed. It is just the console limitations. If you viewed every inch of the world then the game would have to remember this and would cause to run in the background the whole time then you would have even more lag and such issues. So the game loades in chunks to keep the game less lag free (not completely) even if you been in the are or not. Like I said just the console limitations so probably something that isn't going to change. Maybe ps5 and Xbox two or what ever they will call it might have better hardware that can have these type of things load faster. Who knows and who knows if they will put this game on those systems.

With the specs from the XBOX X i would say alot could change with this. New possibilities with stronger faster system.

blackfyre1983
10-21-2017, 07:18 PM
Man I just want electricity.

Jon Dillinger
10-21-2017, 07:24 PM
With the specs from the XBOX X i would say alot could change with this. New possibilities with stronger faster system.

MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm NO , sorry both the PS4 pro or what ever and the Xbox X aren't going to make that much of a difference the Game needs more CPU time and Faster RAM , though they both added more RAM (PS4 RAM is still faster again ) and more powerful GPU the CPU and Ram upgrades aren't enough to really make a difference , i mean don't get me wrong a player hosting a match with a new console will definitely get less machine lag than they did before but it will not eliminate it , in order for any new machine to make significant difference they'll need a . 3.5 GHz CPU with 16 gigs of RAM and RAM speeds of about , 2600 3000Mhz , and i don't see that happening to either console sorry , Voxel games aren't old height maping tech from 1997 , though voxel 3d games have been around for a while(i believe quake was voxel based 3d ) they were not commonly used cause no machine at the time could really make them look good, so instead you had fake 3d games like Duke nuke'em 3d , shadow warrior , heretic , redneck rampage these games all looked nicer than quake but there weren't really even 3d , that's why i think Voxel game engine is the future its the only game engine that reveals inferiority of the current most powerful machines , meaning its hinged upon Hardware advances being made , which is where Height map 3d game where 20 years ago , so in the future i imagine we will have voxel games that look like the most polished Height map 3d game to date , heck 7 days on PC looks amazing for a voxel game , by all sense a purposes 7 days should look more like minecraft but by some miracle or black magic its looks as good as it does and that's AMAZING

crazywildfire
10-21-2017, 09:30 PM

Like Jon Dillinger sorry but no. Xbox X is is just a Xbox one make over with some higher specs. But not enough to take care of what is needed. Like he said will it improve yeah I'm sure it will to a point. But still going to have the same type of issues just maybe a little less.

It isn't enough for them to make separate updates for it either they have explained this as well. So really not much possibilities you still going to get the same stuff but possibly less of it and I don't mean like way less either just less.

Just giving a heads up so you don't get your hopes up or anything like that.

Like I said we just have to wait and see possibly around 2019 or 2020 for the next Gen console to see what spec they will put in them. But again that is if this game will even cross over to those. Might be something else by then.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all !!

Ty for this update...

But still no "true" multiplayer mode (dedicated servers).
So for me, the game will stay in the closet: '(:' (

I guess it will just stay in the closet for you then if that is what you are wanting. This isn't going to happen for console sorry.

TheOnlyOne
10-22-2017, 06:37 AM
Man I just want electricity.

But why? it's useless..

Naxis Gaming
10-22-2017, 04:24 PM
Is there any word or time frame that we will have more alpha 16 features brought to console? Like the new POIs, new zombies, new animals, and of course new buildable blocks and items? I've seen PC gameplay and I'm really excited and hopeful for it.

crazywildfire
10-22-2017, 06:23 PM
Is there any word or time frame that we will have more alpha 16 features brought to console? Like the new POIs, new zombies, new animals, and of course new buildable blocks and items? I've seen PC gameplay and I'm really excited and hopeful for it.

No word it will probably be several months before console gets another big content update. Speculation at the very least December or January but could be longer. Also could never happen as they haven't really said how much more console can handle. Or it could just be a few more things. No matter what it will still be awhile before any word on confirmation.

- - - Updated - - -

But why? it's useless..

Well that depends. If console can't handle all the new traps and such then yeah it be useless. If console can handle the new traps and such then no it really isn't that useless. Either way it isn't going to happen for awhile.

This thread is about the patches and such not future possible updates. So some of these questions should be in general discussion section or something.

CerealKiller231
10-22-2017, 08:01 PM
Let me know when you go back to old mining, after you screwed up Horde Nights it was the only other fun thing in the game.

MJS101104
10-23-2017, 03:48 AM
Let me know when you go back to old mining, after you screwed up Horde Nights it was the only other fun thing in the game.

I've heard this argument numerous times, can someone please explain to me what has changed so drastically with mining that it ruined it? I recently started mining again, the last time I did it being before the first summer update, and aside from more sand and stone veins(gravel I guess) I haven't noticed any major differences. I know iron, and other ores I am guessing, have higher damage maximums. I just don't see how those small tweaks "ruined" mining. Seems roughly the same to me, aside from the previously mentioned tweaks, which as I stated aren't ruinous in nature to me.

crazywildfire
10-23-2017, 06:25 AM

It will not go back. If anything it be like A16 then you really not going to like it at the start because you can't spam craft to level tools up unless combined in the workstation. So when you start off at level 25 tools and no matter how many you make you will not go past 25 until you buy the next perk mining will take even longer. Still probably be a long time before this happens (if this happens) but either way it isn't going back.

plus I don't see how it is ruined either right now so I guess my opinion on it is different on that.

Ric Walker
10-23-2017, 03:38 PM
In my opinion you can not longer mine underground. too easy for cave in's with all that gravel. Digging in huge hole sites like in the real world seems to be the new mining and that is no fun on the consoles and the memory issues.

Compared to the huge amound of time and dirt you have to spend for some underground iron ore, you can currently farm 10 times of that by mining the surface ore stones.

SylenThunder
10-23-2017, 03:59 PM
If you keep a stack of wood frames when mining, it's not a real big issue.

I do agree that the gravel needs to be reduced. It's like this on the PC also though.

davethebakerx2
10-23-2017, 10:33 PM
mining is much harder then it should be. untile you get an auger

PantsThief
10-24-2017, 02:41 AM
So does meat not make you smell anymore or is this a bug?
Multiplayer world after this update..

Also no area of smell in discription. Sweet Iím guessing this was slipped in in this update

Obuthan
10-24-2017, 05:55 AM
Patch is up and active.
Thanks Console Team!

Steveman87
10-24-2017, 06:41 AM
I can also confirm patch is live now. Thanks for the fixes. Nice to see the time counter in the forge when smelting items😃

PantsThief
10-24-2017, 07:02 AM
I can also confirm patch is live now. Thanks for the fixes. Nice to see the time counter in the forge when smelting items😃

Noticed that too.

Idk if itís just me but they changed the food too. I no longer have a smell icon when carrying meat or meat stew.
(Says it attracts zombies still but it used to give a radius. One in tool belt and one in backpack.)
Meat stew is now 27.8 % food points or something like that.
When I looked just last night it was 50% i belive.
Edit: Well according to the wiki itís 60% Just check..

Other things like can food also has changed.

Couldnít we also check what was next perk in skill tree also? Only seems to show current.

Kinda curious what ALL was changed in this patch.

Clare!! Can we please have the full patch notes?

crazywildfire
10-24-2017, 07:18 AM
Noticed that too.

Idk if itís just me but they changed the food too. I no longer have a smell icon when carrying meat or meat stew.
(Says it attracts zombies st but it used to give a radius. One in tool belt and one in backpack.)
Meat stew is now 27.8 % food points or something like that.
When I looked just last night it was 50% i belive.
Edit: Well according to the wiki itís 60% Just check..

Other things like can food also has changed.

Couldnít we also check what was next perk in skill tree also? Only seems to show current.

Kinda curious what ALL was changed in this patch.

Clare!! Can we please have the full patch notes?

At work so can't jump on but sounds like if that the smell isnt working that is something that is a A16 bug at the moment or was not sure if it got fixed. Because the stealth mode actually works on A16 and when that changed the smell changed. But like I said that was a bug it was going to change back...... so just curious is the stealth working on console or when you bend down and shot a zombie do it still know where you shot from and detects you.

also if it did change and stealth is working I wonder if the heat map changed any. Like torches and such putting off heat. if anyone on playing let me know if you see any of this. Just wondering none of this mught not be on console.

Ro_7DTD
10-24-2017, 09:51 AM
So does meat not make you smell anymore or is this a bug?
Multiplayer world after this update..

Also no area of smell in discription. Sweet Iím guessing this was slipped in in this update

Hi Pantsthief,

Could you submit a bug report for this issue please?

Thanks,
Ro

Splitknuckler
10-24-2017, 10:32 AM
I'm actually glad they fixed something other than the stupid rental machines. When i first read the patch notes, they seemed very "meh." Nothing really worthy of a full patch (imo); more of a hotfix. Some of these changes make it a lil worth while....

crazywildfire
10-24-2017, 10:42 AM
I'm actually glad they fixed something other than the stupid rental machines. When i first read the patch notes, they seemed very "meh." Nothing really worthy of a full patch (imo); more of a hotfix. Some of these changes make it a lil worth while....

Still at work what all has changed? Besides in patch notes. Some say other things have changed so just curious.

Come on bigboi
10-24-2017, 01:09 PM
Do we have the machete perk most people want that perk

Splitknuckler
10-24-2017, 01:12 PM
Still at work what all has changed? Besides in patch notes. Some say other things have changed so just curious.

I'm at work too. So I'm going off what others have said. Basically nothing major, just things like a timer in the forge and no smell emitting off you while carrying meat.

candycane2500
10-24-2017, 02:27 PM

I think this is a bug effecting a small amout of people when they start a new game, or something. i've restarted a few games and the amount of dogs varies, at least for me they do. the game im on now their not as bad or as many, before that on another game their everywhere, behind every tree, bush, car, everywhere. i couldn't imagine there being as many dogs as my last game being on the map without the forum blowing up.

XxUnkn0wnxX
10-24-2017, 07:07 PM
Does this patch help address the very known annoying bug [Known Issue] Regular Crashing (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69140-Known-Issue-Regular-Crashing)

Damselx1
10-24-2017, 07:53 PM
Liking the countdown as each item is smelting - will be handy when smelting large objects such as radiators.

PantsThief
10-24-2017, 09:05 PM
At work so can't jump on but sounds like if that the smell isnt working that is something that is a A16 bug at the moment or was not sure if it got fixed. Because the stealth mode actually works on A16 and when that changed the smell changed. But like I said that was a bug it was going to change back...... so just curious is the stealth working on console or when you bend down and shot a zombie do it still know where you shot from and detects you.

also if it did change and stealth is working I wonder if the heat map changed any. Like torches and such putting off heat. if anyone on playing let me know if you see any of this. Just wondering none of this mught not be on console.

So just tested the stealth and no. If you are undetected and shoot a zombies with arrow and donít kill him in one shot he still come for ya, (hunted)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Pantsthief,

Could you submit a bug report for this issue please?

Thanks,
Ro

Can do. Iíll post some pictures.
I donít have host of the multiplayer world Iíve been playing on but Iíll post all the details when I get that information.

Edit: post is up https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76000-No-Smell-(Patch-1-17)&p=750620#post750620

Keeva100
10-25-2017, 06:36 AM
Since this patch cacti now damage you on your minibike is that a bug because it doesn't happen on PC version

XxUnkn0wnxX
10-25-2017, 08:25 AM
Also since this new patch, when you gen new world, only works when you gen new world, I found new gamebreakinig exploit ;) - wont share because people will abuse it... ;) - also found a improved method with chest exploit ;) even faster now. + there is a solo exploit which also works in local game which has yet to be patched lool...

this patch has increased number of exploits rather then fixing any...

PantsThief
10-25-2017, 08:51 AM
Do we have the machete perk most people want that perk

Iím just going to go out on a whim here and say itís already in the game.
A machete is a blade. Which makes it fall under a skill tree thatís been in the game for some time now.
Iíll give ya a hint..(blade weapons)
Iíll even tell ya what it does. Increases the chance of dismemberment at each rank.

MCfruitbasket
10-25-2017, 01:06 PM

Xbox one console.

I noticed this too. Try levelling the area and maybe replacing grassy ground blocks (or whichever applies) with wood blocks. Just make it so the hordes donít have a chance to get stuck and appear as though theyíre on a pogo stick. It sucks, but there are numerous ways to get around certain things in this game.

Splitknuckler
10-25-2017, 06:04 PM
Have there been full patch release notes put out yet? All the changes we're discussing aren't in Clare's notes... just wondering

crazywildfire
10-25-2017, 06:07 PM
Have there been full patch release notes put out yet? All the changes we're discussing aren't in Clare's notes... just wondering

No, but then again seems like every time a patch is done some stuff is added that never makes it to the patch notes.

PantsThief
10-25-2017, 07:49 PM
Seems oddly quiet. Too quite.

Think us 3 are anxiously awaiting some answers.
Donít get me wrong I love finding new things on my own. Just seems a bit odd that there was some bigger changes and nothing has been said.
Who knows what was intended, and whatís actually a bug.
Can anyone else confirm meat stew used to be 20% fullness and is now 27.8%?

Edit: So reading some post around the forms Iíve come to realize that the fullness gain may have something to do with The hunger perk.(donít recall what itís call)

Also for anyone who hasnít seen, you can scrap loot from within a container.

Splitknuckler
10-25-2017, 08:26 PM
If you're messing with us about being able to loot from a container... that'll be a low blow. I'm getting on in 20 mins. Will confirm

PantsThief
10-25-2017, 09:52 PM
If you're messing with us about being able to loot from a container... that'll be a low blow. I'm getting on in 20 mins. Will confirm

Nope not a joke man, actually read it in a general discussion about this patch, jumped on myself and confirmed myself.
But just so everyone knows feel free to confirm my confirm, so we can truly have confirmation. Lol

Now did they fix the read books in containers hotkey to a set location. Because nothing is more frustrating than to have it set to one key in a loot container then press right on d pad on one in your backpack to have it scap in just a few seconds. Believe it was right on d pad to read in containers and left on d pad to read in backpack. And if you pressed right thatís the scap hot key for loot in backpack.

Now that Iím thinking about it they had too. Because right is scrap in a container, so books in containers no longer read with right hot key must be left (same as backpack).

XxUnkn0wnxX
10-25-2017, 11:49 PM
well most notable when you destroy a chest or car or zombie what ever, you get this bag that drops with the goods inside, rather then the items spewing out, the bag does vanish after time, and you must setup new game for this to work, current old saves before patch are broken as items that are usually dropped do not drop at all, they just get deleted.

also I have noticed upgrade of blocks range has been nerfed, so using your railgun or claw hammer from 20-30 blocks away to upgrade something does not work any more, you have to be within at least 6-10 blocks of range now.

Kraks77
10-26-2017, 06:54 PM
Seems oddly quiet. Too quite.

Think us 3 are anxiously awaiting some answers.
Donít get me wrong I love finding new things on my own. Just seems a bit odd that there was some bigger changes and nothing has been said.
Who knows what was intended, and whatís actually a bug.
Can anyone else confirm meat stew used to be 20% fullness and is now 27.8%?

Edit: So reading some post around the forms Iíve come to realize that the fullness gain may have something to do with The hunger perk.(donít recall what itís call)

Also for anyone who hasnít seen, you can scrap loot from within a container.

The meat stew started at 20 before the patch but did increase as you leveled up. It just still said 20. I dont know which skill had to be leveled i just know for at lvl 100 and with 5 in the hunger skill (cant remember if its survivor), i Got around 27-28 from a Meat stew, now it is just written correctly in the description. Water gave more than 20 aswell.

One thing i think has changed alo,t sadly to the worse, is the graphic of Stone, iron, gravel etc. when your mining. I dont know why they made it look worse, almost like it's blurred. I suspect it's to make it easier for the gpu or something. Have any of you noticed it?

Splitknuckler
10-26-2017, 08:30 PM
The meat stew started at 20 before the patch but did increase as you leveled up. It just still said 20. I dont know which skill had to be leveled i just know for at lvl 100 and with 5 in the hunger skill (cant remember if its survivor), i Got around 27-28 from a Meat stew, now it is just written correctly in the description. Water gave more than 20 aswell.

One thing i think has changed alo,t sadly to the worse, is the graphic of Stone, iron, gravel etc. when your mining. I dont know why they made it look worse, almost like it's blurred. I suspect it's to make it easier for the gpu or something. Have any of you noticed it?

I've noticed the texture of dug up earth is different. Looks better imo

Ignoringmywife1
10-26-2017, 10:33 PM
I've noticed the texture of dug up earth is different. Looks better imo

Has any one seen the trails that lead off roads. They look different now

Splitknuckler
10-26-2017, 10:44 PM
Has any one seen the trails that lead off roads. They look different now

I haven't yet, I just had to say I love your name LMAO

PantsThief
10-26-2017, 10:47 PM
Just wanted to say thanks Kraks77 for confirming that for me. I knew something was different. But couldnít place my finger on what was going on till yesterday and I saw a post in general discussion about fullness.

As for the textures, I actually havenít been able to play much of this update yet. Iíll have to check that out. Believe I have a couple screen shots on my PS potato I can compare with. Iíll have to check it out.

CrAzY_888888's
11-01-2017, 01:50 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

As for other issues I only have what's in the notes, but thank you all for your feedback so far :) hey Clare the game is great but on PS4 the weather is terrible and our inventory is to small to carry all the clothes u need to survive and carry everything u have to have please figure out a way to moderate the cold heat rain or snow I liked it better when it was divided up the desert was hot the snow was cold the burn zone was hot the pine Forest was tolerable with a few cold nights and days with rain of course and the maple forest was just right with a little rain of course thanks for all the hard work u lady's and gentlemen do love the game is.if there's any way I really would like to change the colors of some of the blocks even though it's fine the way it is thanks again

Paradoxmind
11-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Is this patch going to resolve the terrain reset error so the game can actually be playable on the xbox1 without the fear of losing bases and items repeatedly and being stuck with our pants down on a blood moon night? Tried work arounds posted bla bla bla it's a 50/50 chance with those.

MJS101104
11-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Is this patch going to resolve the terrain reset error so the game can actually be playable on the xbox1 without the fear of losing bases and items repeatedly and being stuck with our pants down on a blood moon night? Tried work arounds posted bla bla bla it's a 50/50 chance with those.

OK, look. We've already delt with this numerous times. The most recent in the 10/24 announcement board, which led to a bunch of name calling and arguing. To try and avoid that I am going to try and be as succinct as possible.

Unless Microsoft themselves gets involved and changes the hardware limitations they themselves impossed on the Xbox's ability to save games, the "terrain reset" or "base reset" known as MD5 errors are never going to go away. The devs, IG and likely TFP themselves, have done an unbelievable job of eliminating various triggers that can cause crashes that lead to MD5 errors, however that is a bandaid not a cure. So again, until Microsoft alters or makes an exemption to their save limitations the MD5 errors aren't going anywhere, and there is jack all TFP, IG, or TT games can do about it.

I hope I have not only answered your question, but have effectively explained why it won't be(at least anytime soon if ever) and who is to blame.

PantsThief
11-08-2017, 11:10 PM
OK, look. We've already delt with this numerous times. The most recent in the 10/24 announcement board, which led to a bunch of name calling and arguing. To try and avoid that I am going to try and be as succinct as possible.

Unless Microsoft themselves gets involved and changes the hardware limitations they themselves impossed on the Xbox's ability to save games, the "terrain reset" or "base reset" known as MD5 errors are never going to go away. The devs, IG and likely TFP themselves, have done an unbelievable job of eliminating various triggers that can cause crashes that lead to MD5 errors, however that is a bandaid not a cure. So again, until Microsoft alters or makes an exemption to their save limitations the MD5 errors aren't going anywhere, and there is jack all TFP, IG, or TT games can do about it.

I hope I have not only answered your question, but have effectively explained why it won't be(at least anytime soon if ever) and who is to blame.

Idk if anyone ever played it or bought it (I did and asked Sony for refund) but about a year ago kerbal space program was on the PS4. The game suffered badly from corrupt saves. So Sony pulled it off the PSN store completely and offered anyone who wanted refunds. Being I purchased it on pc (steam) after my refund there was no problems..

My point is,this could very well happen for the Xbox version of 7 days to die if all this jazz continues. At some point someone has to say well itís just not working/playable.

Now yes the new Xbox may be able to handle 7dtd just fine. But honestly whoís really going to buy a brand new system just a few year after the last one? Yes it has 4K and whatever else. But besides the point.

KSP had a Steam game on consoles for half a year before it was pulled. Not a huge fan base, but it took one major bug to kick it off the market.

Not saying this will happen. I donít know IG or TFP. Just know it CAN happen.

Also, off topic I thought I saw Joel say in a video the other week there upgrading to the Unity 17 engine. Believe this is a old version currently 13 or 14.
This could fix whatever problems Xbox has.

MJS101104
11-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Idk if anyone ever played it or bought it (I did and asked Sony for refund) but about a year ago kerbal space program was on the PS4. The game suffered badly from corrupt saves. So Sony pulled it off the PSN store completely and offered anyone who wanted refunds. Being I purchased it on pc (steam) after my refund there was no problems..

My point is,this could very well happen for the Xbox version of 7 days to die if all this jazz continues. At some point someone has to say well it’s just not working/playable.

Now yes the new Xbox may be able to handle 7dtd just fine. But honestly who’s really going to buy a brand new system just a few year after the last one? Yes it has 4K and whatever else. But besides the point.

KSP had a Steam game on consoles for half a year before it was pulled. Not a huge fan base, but it took one major bug to kick it off the market.

Not saying this will happen. I don’t know IG or TFP. Just know it CAN happen.

Also, off topic I thought I saw Joel say in a video the other week there upgrading to the Unity 17 engine. Believe this is a old version currently 13 or 14.
This could fix whatever problems Xbox has.

You're right, it could happen with the Xbox. But in order for that to happen Microsoft would have to be involved, not Iron Galaxy or The Fun Pimps. Which is what they are going to have to do. Screaming "I want a refund" on this forum, which Microsoft is likely to never see, isn't going to get anyone a refund. Everything you are describing stems from one very important factor, the manufacturer actually getting involved.

Steam, like a console system, is a sort of middle man between the developers and the players. Third party titles rarely if ever get the same sort of backing that Triple A titles do, which means that a manufacturer involvement is a must. Now, it is possible that I am wrong about this. But from my experiences I don't see anyone that is dissatisfied with 7 Days to Die on consoles(primarily Xbox) getting a refund.

There is also the fact that the issue with the consoles for 7 Days to Die isn't simply corrupt save files, it's from a manufacturer based limitation that are imposed on console saves. From my understanding, the save errors with Kerba Space Program was in the actual code causing the save file corruptions. Not just on crashes, because players were eventually experiencing the save file corruptions when simply saving and exiting the game.

Rubendg23
11-12-2017, 01:17 AM
Para cuando lanzarŠn el parche 13 en consola

Damaging Vermin
11-12-2017, 03:16 AM

just started 3days ago day 70 crash loaded in and half base gone

PantsThief
11-12-2017, 04:48 AM
You're right, it could happen with the Xbox. But in order for that to happen Microsoft would have to be involved, not Iron Galaxy or The Fun Pimps. Which is what they are going to have to do. Screaming "I want a refund" on this forum, which Microsoft is likely to never see, isn't going to get anyone a refund. Everything you are describing stems from one very important factor, the manufacturer actually getting involved.

Steam, like a console system, is a sort of middle man between the developers and the players. Third party titles rarely if ever get the same sort of backing that Triple A titles do, which means that a manufacturer involvement is a must. Now, it is possible that I am wrong about this. But from my experiences I don't see anyone that is dissatisfied with 7 Days to Die on consoles(primarily Xbox) getting a refund.

There is also the fact that the issue with the consoles for 7 Days to Die isn't simply corrupt save files, it's from a manufacturer based limitation that are imposed on console saves. From my understanding, the save errors with Kerba Space Program was in the actual code causing the save file corruptions. Not just on crashes, because players were eventually experiencing the save file corruptions when simply saving and exiting the game.

Makes since. Do know itís getting fixed and will have a official release again.
But on topic of 7 days. Iím really thinking if the unity engine is upgraded it will greatly help out in this game. Expesially on the systems. (I hope)
Honestly itís amazing how far the game has come. I enjoy all the stages of the game. And honestly to have a early Alpha game on the systems is great. Primary PS4. Believe Xbox has a early access deal. (Like subnautica)

To have a game like 7 days to die on the systems is great. A true survival game. Like no other game I can think of (besides something like minecraft)
It has its bugs and some derping zombies. But thatís kinda what makes it great. I know every time I play itís still in development. I enjoy playing it still with no hate. And consider it a honor to be able to have a voice in bugs and errors with the team whoís spending tons of time on development. Who respond with gratitude. Ive seen ďIndie Game the movieĒ I can see the struggle a small team can have.
I feel for the Xbox users. It sucks. But Iím sure soon enough they will have a fix.
Just hope that anyone with something crap to say to the developers would realize. The struggle to make a game that all your heart is into to have people just bash it and demand a fix yesterday have to realize.

Thatís my small rant of how I feel.

fazz68
11-12-2017, 11:32 AM
just started 3days ago day 70 crash loaded in and half base gone

how do you get to day70 in three days? do you not sleep lol

MJS101104
11-12-2017, 08:07 PM
how do you get to day70 in three days? do you not sleep lol

If Damaging Vermin were playing the 120 minute days it would take a minimum of 140 hours to reach day 70 in game, that's about 5 or 6 days. And that's not including breaks for eating, sleeping, and other such activities to stay alive. Which obviously would make it take even longer. So I am guessing they were playing 50 minute in game days or less in game days.

swann117
11-13-2017, 09:20 AM
Now yes the new Xbox may be able to handle 7dtd just fine. But honestly whoís really going to buy a brand new system just a few year after the last one? Yes it has 4K and whatever else. But besides the point.

For the record, I bought an Xbox One X last week. And the game is still crashing every two hours or so. Yep it's running a bit better (higher framerate, less freezes).

Oh and by the way, sometimes textures disapear now, and i'm able to see through the ground ! Great job guys.

So if you guys could just admit that you have no idea of why your game is crashing, and that you won't put in the money to fix that "MD5 error" (magical word to say "something bad happens when the game is saving a file and crashes at the same time), so we could all get a refund. I bought this game in a real, physical, store (so it's not really supposed to be an early access game).

And for sake, please stop saying that theese crashes are due to Microsoft limitations. Minecraft on XboxOne (and xbox360 by the way) is running flawlessly.

At some point, if you want to correct this "MD5 error", you will have to stop hunting for what make the game crash (because it's likely to crash for wathever reason at any moment, as most of big unity games), and go to edit that save protocol. It's not that hard to work on two or three save files switching on every auto save (and obviously, on game start purging corrupted files). I would accept to bee able to have only one savefile if this error disapeared.

Don't come at saying it's impossible to apply this patch. This is basic software developpement stuff. In fact only intern would create save system (for databse, text, binary or whatever you want to save) without taking into consideration that a crash might (and will) happen while the file is being written on disk.

crazywildfire
11-13-2017, 10:13 AM
For the record, I bought an Xbox One X last week. And the game is still crashing every two hours or so. Yep it's running a bit better (higher framerate, less freezes).

Oh and by the way, sometimes textures disapear now, and i'm able to see through the ground ! Great job guys.

So if you guys could just admit that you have no idea of why your game is crashing, and that you won't put in the money to fix that "MD5 error" (magical word to say "something bad happens when the game is saving a file and crashes at the same time), so we could all get a refund. I bought this game in a real, physical, store (so it's not really supposed to be an early access game).

And for sake, please stop saying that theese crashes are due to Microsoft limitations. Minecraft on XboxOne (and xbox360 by the way) is running flawlessly.

At some point, if you want to correct this "MD5 error", you will have to stop hunting for what make the game crash (because it's likely to crash for wathever reason at any moment, as most of big unity games), and go to edit that save protocol. It's not that hard to work on two or three save files switching on every auto save (and obviously, on game start purging corrupted files). I would accept to bee able to have only one savefile if this error disapeared.

Don't come at saying it's impossible to apply this patch. This is basic software developpement stuff. In fact only intern would create save system (for databse, text, binary or whatever you want to save) without taking into consideration that a crash might (and will) happen while the file is being written on disk.

I just want to start off by saying anything I might say isn't trying to get anyone mad or to argue with anyone. Sometimes when I talk it comes across different in words then if you was face to face with me. So with that said...

Magical word? I'm confused you talking about MD5 error? If so that is the term used not no magical word. This game is going to crash no matter what because console can't handle it. They can help prevent it from happening as often but it will end up crashing. The thing is when it crashes are you still losing your stuff? Alot of it is the way Microsoft built xbox one. But not all of it. Nobody said It was impossible to do what you said but it cost way more to do. It isn't something you can simply go in and do. So Ark is bought at the store and did they not have it on EA? I didn't get it so not sure just asking. If so that means a store can sale EA gsmes. It is uo to the person to know what they are buying. But all that is really besides the point. They said console version is not EA it is sold as a complete game. Not because of bugs and glitches but because what is in the game could be all you get. No guarantee anything from pc will come to console. So that is why it isn't EA on console. Yes bugs and glitches are on it but I know plenty of games that come out with those. Yes this one still has some but with that console limitation it probably hard to deal with and fix. I do think this game should not of come to console at least not when it did but it is what it is now. I understand you or some might want a refund but that isn't going to happen unless you get the store you bought it from to give you one.

I just lost on the magical word though lol sorry not trying to start anything but just confused I guess lol. Also just one other thing if someone is right or wrong about something people are going to say what they want anyway. But as I said above Microsoft limitations or Sony for that matter does not help any at all. Like I said I'm not saying it is all on them but a good share of it is. Microsoft not allowing the save thing like sony does well that doesn't help any. Xbox one from the start was designed bad. I remember when they first announced they system they messed up and had to go in and do this and that before release because of the response from people. Anyway just saying right or wrong or poor explaining and my post might be poor explaining as well but people are going to say what they want or how they feel. So asking to stop isn't going to change that.

fazz68
11-13-2017, 10:36 AM
ark only became available to buy on disc when it released as a completed game. while in early access it was only available as a download through the xbox store.

crazywildfire
11-13-2017, 10:46 AM
ark only became available to buy on disc when it released as a completed game. while in early access it was only available as a download through the xbox store.

Oh ok, I will try and remember that thanks. like I said it doesn't matter because 7dtd on console isn't EA. They are not testing anything on console just sending over what they are finished with on pc. So nothing on console is unfinished or testing. Now some stuff might get changed and such but it is finished and working as intended (without a bug or glitch).

swann117
11-13-2017, 11:04 AM
I just want to start off by saying anything I might say isn't trying to get anyone mad or to argue with anyone. Sometimes when I talk it comes across different in words then if you was face to face with me. So with that said...

Magical word? I'm confused you talking about MD5 error? If so that is the term used not no magical word. This game is going to crash no matter what because console can't handle it. They can help prevent it from happening as often but it will end up crashing. The thing is when it crashes are you still losing your stuff? Alot of it is the way Microsoft built xbox one. But not all of it. Nobody said It was impossible to do what you said but it cost way more to do. It isn't something you can simply go in and do. So Ark is bought at the store and did they not have it on EA? I didn't get it so not sure just asking. If so that means a store can sale EA gsmes. It is uo to the person to know what they are buying. But all that is really besides the point. They said console version is not EA it is sold as a complete game. Not because of bugs and glitches but because what is in the game could be all you get. No guarantee anything from pc will come to console. So that is why it isn't EA on console. Yes bugs and glitches are on it but I know plenty of games that come out with those. Yes this one still has some but with that console limitation it probably hard to deal with and fix. I do think this game should not of come to console at least not when it did but it is what it is now. I understand you or some might want a refund but that isn't going to happen unless you get the store you bought it from to give you one.

I just lost on the magical word though lol sorry not trying to start anything but just confused I guess lol. Also just one other thing if someone is right or wrong about something people are going to say what they want anyway. But as I said above Microsoft limitations or Sony for that matter does not help any at all. Like I said I'm not saying it is all on them but a good share of it is. Microsoft not allowing the save thing like sony does well that doesn't help any. Xbox one from the start was designed bad. I remember when they first announced they system they messed up and had to go in and do this and that before release because of the response from people. Anyway just saying right or wrong or poor explaining and my post might be poor explaining as well but people are going to say what they want or how they feel. So asking to stop isn't going to change that.

Thank you for your answer.

When i used the term "magical word" (which might not translate nicely in english but do work well in my native language ^^) I was refering to the fact that every time someone comes here to complain about half their base being wiped out after a crash, someone comes and say "Hey it's a MD5 error, here is an unofficial way to workaround it, here is the topic dedicated to it".
What feels wrong with it, is that saying "md5 error" is just like saying they are not responsible for the bug. It would be as revelant to say it's a "JSON error" or a "Bubble sort error". These things don't fail, as MD5, they are widely used algorithms/ file formats/ technologies ... What can fail with them is how you implement them.

And here clearly the "MD5 error", does not come from MD5. It comes from how the game handle crashes while saving.

I agree with you taht the game will keep crashing from time to time whatever happens. That's why I suggested they should "just" fix the way the game saves.

For the part about Microsoft badly designing their console, well that's partially right. When you develop a game for a specific device, you have to account this device specifications in your development flow. Even with Unity3D you cannot just switch the build target and hope for the best. That's why Minecraft on Xbox One rarely corrupt it's saves files (with a bigger map than the one in 7days to die) while every player on xbox will encounter this error if he plays 7DTD for a little more than twenty hours.

By the way, if you or anyone as an explanation of what Microsoft did wrong that lead to this error, I would gladly hear it.

fazz68
11-13-2017, 11:20 AM
@ crazywidfire yeah the early access stuff on the xbox store is called game preview (just their name for early access) theres only a handful of games on it, conan exiles, subnautica, we happy few, pit people and a few others. the games will tell you they are in early access so the game might not work as intended and is likely to change as it is updated so buy at your own risk... their words not mine lol
7 days was never on the game preview thing and was always sold as a completed game (even though we know otherwise lol) the trouble is that completed game was an alpha version of the game in early access and that is biting them in the arse unfortunately.

personally i dont have a problem with the game. i have it on pc and xbox. yeah i get the occasional crash but nothing like people here talk about. but i dont play for hrs and hrs on end. i play 120 minute days and might get through 2 days gametime in a session and even thats 4 hrs playing including breaks and rarely get a crash. have i had an MD5 error? dunno? ive never built a big base as a home, i always play nomad and set up defences wherever i maybe on horde night then move on somewhere new.

Jon Dillinger
11-13-2017, 07:00 PM
Thank you for your answer.

When i used the term "magical word" (which might not translate nicely in english but do work well in my native language ^^) I was refering to the fact that every time someone comes here to complain about half their base being wiped out after a crash, someone comes and say "Hey it's a MD5 error, here is an unofficial way to workaround it, here is the topic dedicated to it".
What feels wrong with it, is that saying "md5 error" is just like saying they are not responsible for the bug. It would be as revelant to say it's a "JSON error" or a "Bubble sort error". These things don't fail, as MD5, they are widely used algorithms/ file formats/ technologies ... What can fail with them is how you implement them.

And here clearly the "MD5 error", does not come from MD5. It comes from how the game handle crashes while saving.

I agree with you taht the game will keep crashing from time to time whatever happens. That's why I suggested they should "just" fix the way the game saves.

For the part about Microsoft badly designing their console, well that's partially right. When you develop a game for a specific device, you have to account this device specifications in your development flow. Even with Unity3D you cannot just switch the build target and hope for the best. That's why Minecraft on Xbox One rarely corrupt it's saves files (with a bigger map than the one in 7days to die) while every player on xbox will encounter this error if he plays 7DTD for a little more than twenty hours.

By the way, if you or anyone as an explanation of what Microsoft did wrong that lead to this error, I would gladly hear it.

so are you saying , that people are widely using the " MD5 error" to describe a wide variety of very particular errors that affect the MD5 process , and that by doing so we are not taking accountability for the fact that it was most likely something the players did to trigger the error and not some random error that may or may not strike you . and if we can find out what play behavior or actions are triggering the process failure we may be close to finding a solution ?

or am i just reading thing wrong again (yes again i do that a lot )

crazywildfire
11-13-2017, 07:15 PM
so are you saying , that people are widely using the " MD5 error" to describe a wide variety of very particular errors that affect the MD5 process , and that by doing so we are not taking accountability for the fact that it was most likely something the players did to trigger the error and not some random error that may or may not strike you . and if we can find out what play behavior or actions are triggering the process failure we may be close to finding a solution ?

Hey it happens I do it to lol and I really don't explain things to we'll all the time either and that comes across not so good some times. But is what it is lol 😁

crazywildfire
11-13-2017, 07:24 PM
@ crazywidfire yeah the early access stuff on the xbox store is called game preview (just their name for early access) theres only a handful of games on it, conan exiles, subnautica, we happy few, pit people and a few others. the games will tell you they are in early access so the game might not work as intended and is likely to change as it is updated so buy at your own risk... their words not mine lol
7 days was never on the game preview thing and was always sold as a completed game (even though we know otherwise lol) the trouble is that completed game was an alpha version of the game in early access and that is biting them in the arse unfortunately.

personally i dont have a problem with the game. i have it on pc and xbox. yeah i get the occasional crash but nothing like people here talk about. but i dont play for hrs and hrs on end. i play 120 minute days and might get through 2 days gametime in a session and even thats 4 hrs playing including breaks and rarely get a crash. have i had an MD5 error? dunno? ive never built a big base as a home, i always play nomad and set up defences wherever i maybe on horde night then move on somewhere new.

Yeah, but at the same time they are only putting finished stuff that they are done working on from pc to console. That is why console is one alpha behind pc. This is why they call it finished along with console may or may not see anything else from pc. So console isn't really in alpha as they only get the finished work. This is why they can call it a finished game.

But the game is already buggy on pc so in yours, mine and a lot of other people minds they kinda rushed the guns on it. I really don't think they thought they would have the problems that have come with it.

Outlaw_187
11-14-2017, 08:15 AM
Hate to say, but it almost seems like this game should have been a PS4 exclusive.
We don't have anywhere near the same problems as you Xbox players.

That really sucks & I feel for you guys. I would have to assume Iron Galaxy was not fully aware how bad this game runs on Xbox. Maybe should have been tested further? Who knows but in the end, they are a business & their goal was to diversify, meaning make it available to 80% of gamers (Xbox & PlayStation).

I'm sure they'd have pushed this on wiiU or the switch if it those machines were even close to being capable of such.

swann117
11-14-2017, 09:26 AM

I'm sorry but you are reading it wrong ^^

I don't know how to phrase it clearly in english, but I will try my best. What I mean, is that when the team behind the game (mostly Clare as it's her job) answer to someone who had its base wiped out, they always use the "MD5 error" term (and after a while everyone on the forum started to use it to have a short way to call this bug).
And this, in my opinion is wrong. Because it sounds like this error is caused by MD5 or something that the team hasn't power to fix. In my ears it sounds like "Ohhhhh, your house burned down, and we as fireman couldn't help ? That's because of the fire hose was cut down. " And just omitting that they put your house on fire and cut themselves the fire hose. (I'm very bad at metaphors)

MD5 is just an "encryption/hash" algorithm. It's so widely spread accros programation languages that i'm 95% sure the team just used Microsoft implementation of MD5 (because Unity, the engine they use, works with a Micrsofot programming language).
So this is not a "MD5 error" beyond their error and capabilities. This a "corrupted save file error". And you know how most of programmers avoid this kind of error ? By having backup files that load automatically when you detect that your file is corrupted.
And if i had to make an educated guess, the only reason that prevent them from implemting/patching in this functionnality, is that the current code that save the game map is so poorly written, so horrible to look in, and so critical to game ability to function that they just cannot afford to fix it.

That's why they aren't honest with us.
Patching around what makes the game crash is an easy but endless task (the game being poorly optimised, and only allowed 5 gigs of ram on xbox one, it's going to crash after a while no matter what).
What they have to do, is to fully re-write the game save system. This will take money, time, a lot of testing, and no assurance that the problem will be fixed.
I don't believe they will do that. But at least they could have the honesty to tell us that this error is on their side, not that it comes from the Xbox design or MD5.
The only reason that we have this error more often on xbox, is that the game crash way more often on xbox. Fixing crashes won't help (or they have to fix them all, and that's never going to happen)

PantsThief
11-14-2017, 11:24 AM
So Iím about to go way WAY off the current topic and ask a simple question.
Besides navegane. And the mine shaft in the desert.
Has anyone found gold, silver or diamonds ( think I saw diamonds in the last patch notes) If so what biom, how deep, and how much have you found.
Just curious myself.

And who ever compared minecraft to 7 days to die. Besides both being Voxel games. Thatís comparing apples and oranges.
Both games use seeds for random generations.
Minecraft was once laggy also. In minecraft a 16x16x4 chunk is 25,165,824 pixels.
Someone else did the math for us Iím just passing the information.

7 days to die is also 16x16 chunks (I do believe) but I do believe that chunk goes from sky to bedrock. So the last number for me is Unkown. (7 days to die pixels also unknown)
As you can tell besides each block in both games having 6 sides. They look nothing like each other.
Minecraft doesnít have a physics engine. You can float bases or buildings all Willy Nilly. Try that in 7 days. Not going to happen.
Thereís plenty more major differences between the two game. All factors of the
Minor lag we have today in 7 days to die. ( I recall it being way worse than it is today)

Fun fact tho alpha 1 on pc of 7 days to die was a block world just like minecraft.
To think how far 7 days to die has come.

crazywildfire
11-14-2017, 02:00 PM
They also could be waiting till pc goes out of alpha to gold before they do anything so they have everything that they need that will be going to console before doing anything major. That way they are not redoing the same work over and over. Not saying that is what they are doing but it could be.

Clare
11-14-2017, 02:02 PM
Hi all,

While I appreciate people wanting to have an open discussion about the issues in the game. I would like to remind you that the OP of this post requests that the thread be used to discuss the patch only. This thread is now hugely off topic. If you wish to continue this discussion you are welcome to do so elsewhere, but this isn't the spot for it. Threads that continue to vere off topic are closed, and this will likely happen to this thread too.

Again, you are welcome to discuss this topic on the forums, I am in no way shutting down the discussion, just pointing out that this post is now going against forum rules and the discussion is best carried out elsewhere.

Clare

MJS101104
11-14-2017, 10:03 PM
Hi all,

While I appreciate people wanting to have an open discussion about the issues in the game. I would like to remind you that the OP of this post requests that the thread be used to discuss the patch only. This thread is now hugely off topic. If you wish to continue this discussion you are welcome to do so elsewhere, but this isn't the spot for it. Threads that continue to vere off topic are closed, and this will likely happen to this thread too.

Again, you are welcome to discuss this topic on the forums, I am in no way shutting down the discussion, just pointing out that this post is now going against forum rules and the discussion is best carried out elsewhere.

Clare

I'm confused, what is off topic? The discussion around the MD5 error, what it means, and whether it's being used as an excuse to not fix a known issue in the latest patch? Because all of that goes back to a single point, whether or not the latest patch addressed this issue or not, and if not why that might be. I get that it's annoying seeing people argue back and forth, but I am confused as to how that subject is off topic. Is it because the discussion no longer directly addresses the patch itself but veers off into speculation on why, this despite the whole argument being about whether or not the latest patch addresses the issues of base wipes and why.

I'm sorry but you are reading it wrong ^^

This a "corrupted save file error". And you know how most of programmers avoid this kind of error ? By having backup files that load automatically when you detect that your file is corrupted.

(See above for full post)

My understanding of the save data corruption issues that are referred to as MD5 errors is that the save data file corruptions that are occurring stems from the fact that the console manufacturers limit the maximum allowable file size for save data of games to be 500MB, and thus any file size above that will by default have data missing from the save file. Thus corrupting the save data. I may be misunderstanding the issue with console save data files, but this is what I understand the issue to be with the manufacturer imposed limitations.

What this means though, is that this latest patch nor any future patches will be able to correct the save file corruption issues caused by the manufacturer imposed save data limits unless there is some way for the developers at Iron Galaxy to make the games save data files use less than 500MB of memory for save data storage, or if the console manufacturers allow an exemption. This as I understand it is the primary issue with the MD5 errors at the present time. It is a save file corruption error(MD5), it is just one that is caused by save data file size limits that were intentionally put in place by the console manufacturers themselves. Why this affects Xbox more than PS4 I don't know, maybe it has to do with what is being left out.

So its not simply people using MD5 as a code word or some sort of short hand to make excuses. Which seems to be what you're alluding to. This also means that even if what you are saying about save backups were true, and I'm not saying they aren't, it would also mean that any backup save files would contain these corruption errors as well. Due to the save files not storing all of the needed data because of the console manufacturer imposed limitations on save data file sizes themselves.

Kraks77
11-15-2017, 08:43 AM
So Iím about to go way WAY off the current topic and ask a simple question.
Besides navegane. And the mine shaft in the desert.
Has anyone found gold, silver or diamonds ( think I saw diamonds in the last patch notes) If so what biom, how deep, and how much have you found.
Just curious myself.

I found 3 diamonds and 8 silver in a rgw. I was mining in the desert at bedrock. Iím not sure precisely when or where because I was just going forward with my auger looking for oil shale and then when I look in my inventory it was there. So you can find it. Best of luck

Clare
11-15-2017, 02:04 PM
I'm confused, what is off topic? The discussion around the MD5 error, what it means, and whether it's being used as an excuse to not fix a known issue in the latest patch? Because all of that goes back to a single point, whether or not the latest patch addressed this issue or not, and if not why that might be. I get that it's annoying seeing people argue back and forth, but I am confused as to how that subject is off topic. Is it because the discussion no longer directly addresses the patch itself but veers off into speculation on why, this despite the whole argument being about whether or not the latest patch addresses the issues of base wipes and why.

Very fair point. I guess when I post the thread the intention is to leave the tread open for questions or discussion about what's contained in the patch itself that is being released, not what is not contained in the patch or mentioned in the patch notes. Discussions for why something might not be included, unmentioned etc to me belong in a separate General Discussion. As I mentioned before I don't mind players discussing bugs and issues and don't find it annoying. It is very easy for topics to drift over time, even if the starting point was something else, I guess that's when the lines get blurry and I would need to refer to the mods as to whether something is within reasonable limits or not.

MJS101104
11-15-2017, 03:13 PM
Ah, OK. Makes sense. Thanks for the reply. You have a point too, I suppose that getting into why something wasn't added or fixed can get off topic rather quickly. Especially why it veers of into so much speculation and the like. Again, appreciate the response.

Clare
11-15-2017, 03:57 PM
Ah, OK. Makes sense. Thanks for the reply. You have a point too, I suppose that getting into why something wasn't added or fixed can get off topic rather quickly. Especially why it veers of into so much speculation and the like. Again, appreciate the response.

No problemo, always better to ask away :)

PantsThief
11-16-2017, 09:40 AM
I found 3 diamonds and 8 silver in a rgw. I was mining in the desert at bedrock. Iím not sure precisely when or where because I was just going forward with my auger looking for oil shale and then when I look in my inventory it was there. So you can find it. Best of luck

Sweet thanks for the response. I figured since the gold and silver mine in the Navegane world was in the desert. I would also find the gold and such in the Random gen worlds also in deserts.

Aidan.v
11-18-2017, 03:28 PM
Hey guys been playing the game for a few weeks now, and Iím loving it!.
But I noticed when using bin lights and fire tourches or to many lights all together the server gets very laggy.
Another thing is passcodes are way to easy to crack, instead of arrows on PS4, can we please change it to at lest 5 characters not limited to arrows?? To be able to use words would be great!.
Hope you make a ď7 Days to die - 2Ē with waaay better graphics =) (or an HD update for this one).
Love your work, keep it up!.

crazywildfire
11-18-2017, 04:06 PM
Hey guys been playing the game for a few weeks now, and Iím loving it!.
But I noticed when using bin lights and fire tourches or to many lights all together the server gets very laggy.
Another thing is passcodes are way to easy to crack, instead of arrows on PS4, can we please change it to at lest 5 characters not limited to arrows?? To be able to use words would be great!.
Hope you make a ď7 Days to die - 2Ē with waaay better graphics =) (or an HD update for this one).
Love your work, keep it up!.

To many lights is going to to just cause lag not much they are going to be a able to do about it. The console has good limitations for this game. It is already under spec. So it kinda is what it is type thing.

The graphics are about as good as it is going to get for a 100% voxel game especially when it comes to console and its limitations. Pc graphics are not to much better for this game. Maybe in the future when 3d voxel and hardware gets improvement graphics might change some but for now what we have the graphics are actually pretty darn good for a voxel game.

The passcode has 10,000 possible codes for it. That is a pretty good amount. Don't get me wrong what you said would be good just probably not going to change. For console that many different codes is a very good amount for 4 players that can only be on the game at one time. Probably 95% of the people that play console with others probably know each other anyway. Even on pc with servers that have loads of people that are not going to know one another 10,000 is still a big number. But I can't remember if pc codes are limited to just arrows not that it really matters.

Welcome to the game and the forum hope you keep enjoying it.

XxUnkn0wnxX
11-18-2017, 10:06 PM
So for quality & multiple Players Option A: wait till PS5 or PS6 by 2020 - 2030 ay? or Option B: get server code on PC to work with console connectivity & let server do all the processing.

also the passcode thing, let us use the keyboard to type in an actual word for a change, or give us access to all the buttons on the controller to make up a combination rather then the just D-Pad.

PantsThief
11-18-2017, 11:30 PM
So for quality & multiple Players Option A: wait till PS5 or PS6 by 2020 - 2030 ay? or Option B: get server code on PC to work with console connectivity & let server do all the processing.

also the passcode thing, let us use the keyboard to type in an actual word for a change, or give us access to all the buttons on the controller to make up a combination rather then the just D-Pad.

Well if youíre playing on a Multiplayer server a swing of the ax breaks the lock right off. Soo.. if youíre than concerned about someone taking something, just play with someone you trust. Even with a land claim box it pretty easy to smash the lock off. A chest has two stages of breakdown. First one is the lock. Second is the chest itself.

If anything there should be a option from main menu to enable or disable player made chest theft or destruction. And give the chest/safe a menu to allow a certain player access. This would solve the whole password problem.

And 7 days having dedicated servers on consoles wonít work being in a short time, all or most poiís will be trashed unless thereís a moderator who runs a script from the console menu to reset the poiís back to day 1. Being thereís no (console menu/command menu) on consoles nor custom scripts. We are out of luck on having non player hosted servers.
Running a server on pc from what Iíve seen is hard. Always having to fly around and reset POIís. Having rules of not to build in a POI because of the resets. If thereís no reset of any poi after week 2 thereís not going to be much loot left. Not only from zombies breaking stuff but from other players.

Best option is play with friends. Or if you join a random lobby message the person. Send a party chat invite or whatever itís called on Xbox. Ask how often they play, Get to know them. And, or just host a private invite only game.

kilgore_trout87
11-19-2017, 04:42 AM
No one has found any of those on the console verision, because none of those exist on the console version. It appears you are in the wrong thread.

crazywildfire
11-19-2017, 06:27 AM
No one has found any of those on the console verision, because none of those exist on the console version. It appears you are in the wrong thread.

That is so funny. I'm on ps4 and have found them. Guess ps4 isn't a console.

Kraks77
11-19-2017, 06:38 PM

That is so funny. I'm on ps4 and have found them. Guess ps4 isn't a console.

I have Aldi found diamonds and silver. I even lost silver because my inventory was full. Iím on ps4 as well.

dogmaprime
11-19-2017, 10:41 PM
found diamonds, gold, silver on xbox1, not a whole lot but it is around. navigating the mines are a pain though.

Jimmy the Tulip
11-22-2017, 10:47 PM

Cross-platform play with PC might herald this, if it were implemented? Then consoles could connect to a PC game server?

Darkfoxx117
11-23-2017, 02:39 AM

You can find them in treasure chests the ones you get the maps for and have to go digging.

Splitknuckler
11-23-2017, 05:25 AM
You can find them in treasure chests the ones you get the maps for and have to go digging.

You're right. But everyone forgets there's a gold mine in navezgane map next to the canyon. I found quite a bit there

LuisElListo
12-01-2017, 07:26 PM
Hello, finally I am encouraged to buy the game in the offers, I have only been playing on Xbox for a few days, I have not encountered any problems but if I find any I will try to give information.
Leaving a bit of the subject, I'm not a player demanding graphics but I do not know if there will be a form or update that allows download the graphics to play at 60 fps, or is already limited to the console in graphics that is no longer possible to download more .
Greetings to everyone