PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla prefabs question

Atrophied
10-20-2017, 02:08 AM
Not quite sure where to drop this, but I'm hoping I have it close enough to target.
If not, please suggest to me where to take it and Ill happily do so.
:indecisiveness:

A question about the vanilla poi building materials...
but first, a short story.
I like to build my bases in POIs, the business_tan_brick, 3 story one to be precise and have noticed that in my recent base its pretty much impossible to regulate the interior temperature, meaning its not getting an "indoors" effect. I took this to mean that hatches, doors or windows might be the issue since they have been griped about quite a bit in the past and after exhausting myself chasing that down and finally testing it, I find they're fine.

Now, in trying to discover what my POI is built from so I can run some tests and I cannot find the block, at all, not in crafting, not in creative... even the debug identifier says its air, it gives a facing and such but its not brick or decayed tan brick etc as would be expected, in fact, all the POIs I looked at were air save for a few parts like wood poles and wood plates on the garage doors... well then, my walls don't really exist ? would explain why I can't regulate the temperature.

Have those older poi materials been outmoded in game ? Am I chasing another phantom problem ? is there a quick way to fix it besides upgrading the entire building to concrete in game ? :confused-new:

Royal Deluxe
10-20-2017, 02:17 AM
I mean i read somewhere that Blocks in POIs behave different about weather as if a player place them ingame.
But this must be longer ago, means A14 or beginning A15

Gazz
10-20-2017, 04:36 AM
me tests and I cannot find the block, at all, not in crafting, not in creative... even the debug identifier says its air
Are you using shift or ctrl to target the block?

Guppycur
10-20-2017, 03:27 PM
Pull it into Pilles editor, and you'll likely find that it's a brick, but with a different (and obsolete) brick texture.

Atrophied
10-21-2017, 01:15 AM

I wasn't aware of a shift or ctrl condition for it, I was just looking at the blocks. Some cases showed blocks, most others just showed "air" with facing and such information.

- - - Updated - - -

Pull it into Pilles editor, and you'll likely find that it's a brick, but with a different (and obsolete) brick texture.

That could be it as well, It has the same hitpoints as brick. I haven't gone through all the painting textures either... the tan brick look could be in there !

Jackelmyer
10-21-2017, 02:15 AM

This. In debug mode, use shift or Ctrl to have the info on the left side of the screen provide detail of the block you're pointing at. Without Ctrl or shift, it won't give you that detail.

Try it. You'll find your block info in no time.