PDA

View Full Version : Assigning Loot to containers?

bigstep70
10-28-2017, 09:40 PM
Is it possible to assign certain loot to containers in a prefab.
The reason I ask is I have tried to assign loot to certain containers and upon reloading the prefab for final edits the loots are all randomized again, which is annoyingly unrealistic.
eg; a fridge should hold foodstuffs, a garbage-can should hold... you guessed it, garbage.
It would be really cool if I could keep the same types of loot in a dumpster or desk, etc, etc.
I hope its possible and if so please tell me how.

thanx
bigstep70

Gazz
10-29-2017, 08:02 AM
The info is in blocks and loot.xml.

bigstep70
10-29-2017, 02:40 PM
The info is in blocks and loot.xml.

So I would have to alter existing or make new/specific lootcantainer IDs and attach them to specific loot drop blocks...
Thats what I thought. Cool, thats not a problem as I've already alter'd a few of the containers drops to fit into 'my world' a bit better.

I'm quite new to the whole moddding/prefab creation but its been going well as I'm not afraid to 'tear down' the code and make it jump thru hoops... Ive altered most every XML in the data folder for my A15.2 standalone that I play... well 50% play and 50% mod.

Thanx Gazz
"game on"

Guppycur
10-29-2017, 02:43 PM
Well, while you're editing xmls for prefabs, might as well make custom sleeper volumes, too. :)

Royal Deluxe
10-29-2017, 02:44 PM
Finally they are your prefabs and you can choose.
But consider that Prefabs that need edited XML files will be used by much less people.
Thats the reason i make my Prefabs before i make my mod.
(and make later some prefabs Mod dependent in a own Set)

And the reason i ask for a Half Block Loot container (Wood, Paintable, Universall loot)
in vanilla all the time.

bigstep70
10-29-2017, 03:43 PM
Well, while you're editing xmls for prefabs, might as well make custom sleeper volumes, too. :)
Yeah, once I delve into A16 thats on my list of "Do or do not, there is no try" Yoda-Empire Strikes Back

Finally they are your prefabs and you can choose.
But consider that Prefabs that need edited XML files will be used by much less people.
Thats the reason i make my Prefabs before i make my mod.
(and make later some prefabs Mod dependent in a own Set)
And the reason i ask for a Half Block Loot container (Wood, Paintable, Universall loot)
in vanilla all the time.

Yeah probably easier to just let the generator plop loot into the lootcontainers randomly for others that may download my prefabs.
As for my own RWG-world I'm like O.C.D. when it comes to immersion/realism of the world, Zombies being besides the point.