PDA

View Full Version : [12/11] Message from the Team - Patch 13 in Submission!

Clare
12-11-2017, 10:07 AM
Hi all!

Passing on the Patch 13 notes from the team as the Patch is now in Submission with Sony and MS :)

The usual bit first of course...

- NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated
- You should NOT need to start a new save unless otherwise stated by the team.
- do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.
- keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.
- please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.
- I do NOT have further info on future features, updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes not mentioned in the notes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

Now on to the notes!

---------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
Release Notes
Patch 13.0
PS4 Version 1.18
XB1 Version 1.0.18.0

Patch 13 is just around the corner and you know what that means! A longóbut by no means exhaustiveólist of the fixes and improvements weíve got in store for you! Check it out below:

Bug Fixes and Improvements

Gameplay
∑ Fixed an issue that would prevent a smelted material from being usable, even when it was available in the Forge
∑ Fixed an issue that would cause the quest to find a trader to require a specific trader to be found; now it will pick the nearest trader and update the target when the player moves closer to another
∑ Fixed an issue that would cause the traderís UI to close when a second player would exit a container in split-screen multiplayer
∑ Fixed an issue that would cause the ďCannot BreatheĒ indicator to vanish when underwater
∑ Fixed an issue that would cause stamina to decrease while walking after being teleported from a Trader settlement
∑ Fixed an instance of an issue that would occasionally cause blocks to spawn without support and create a mass collapse when broken
∑ Fixed an issue that cause interactive objects to be interacted with when an object on top of them was picked up
∑ Fixed an issue that allowed medical items to be used on certain inanimate objects (like minibikes)
∑ Fixed an issue that caused a destroyed bedrollís indicator to persist after rejoining the game session
∑ Fixed an issue that would cause terrain to deform after a zombie would decay on top of it
∑ Fixed an issue that occasionally caused items being repaired to have their level dropped to 1

Art/Audio
∑ Fixed an issue that was causing distant terrain to render using different shaders than in previous patches
∑ Fixed an issue that would cause weather effects to impact hosts and clients with different severities
∑ Fixed an issue that caused the underwater effects to disappear when viewed through a Sniper Rifle scope
∑ Fixed an issue that would occasionally prevent all but the first letter of long words from being displayed on wooden signs
∑ Fixed an issue that allowed the player to shrink a torch in an active toolbelt slot

System/Stability
∑ Fixed a crash that would occur when combining certain clothing items on the workbench and equipping them
∑ Fixed an issue that would cause the world to regenerate after the console had its language changed

We hope youíre all excited for Patch 13. Thank you for being the fantastic community you are!

-----------------------------

I'll be back again when the patch goes LIVE!

Cheers!
Clare

Splitknuckler
12-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Thank you Fun Pimps!

Vtelmo
12-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Glad to see some fixes getting done. Great job too all that have worked on this to make it a better game. Hope we get some new features soon through. Would love to see some new zombies

Cloudus
12-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Im glad to see things getting fixed, personally I've never seen the issues that got fixed this time and no new things are getting added so all in all I'm a bit underwhelmed:/

GRAW2ROBZ
12-11-2017, 02:17 PM
I never used the combined items on the workbench yet.

aceguy7
12-11-2017, 02:24 PM
ahhh was hoping for some new content for Christmas....:( oh well Thanks for the bug fixes. :-(

LONEWOLF231
12-11-2017, 02:51 PM
Booooo so no new content??? Ahh well guess ill skip this patch as well and wait to see if HOPEFULLY you guys drop more content in the next patch sometime in February or March 2018. But thanks anyways.

fazz68
12-11-2017, 02:55 PM
Fixed an issue that would cause terrain to deform after a zombie would decay on top of it.

does this mean the end of of the roads having loads of dips/potholes where zombies have died? if so then yay

J2dank
12-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Woo fix them bugs. Heya Clare can you pass on a message to thank devs for continuously working on the console version for us.

P.s. pay clare more blueberry pies

P.s.s. i hope devs threw in a christmas present in this patch for us like one new zombie type :D that would be awesome.

Xx Valdas xX
12-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Thought this was gonna be patch 16 updates ie cell banks and automated turrets.

ZombieHoG
12-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Thank you very much!

Damselx1
12-11-2017, 05:58 PM
Thank you to Clare and the team!

crazywildfire
12-11-2017, 06:09 PM
Thanks, hopefully some more fixes are soon to come. Keep up the good work.

For those that are hoping for more content I personally wouldn't be getting hopes up any time soon. It will most likely be several months or so before any word on more A16 content comes. The next several updates will most likely just be bug fixes and such.

Tomtom420651
12-11-2017, 07:21 PM
So no new zombie or anything?

Splitknuckler
12-11-2017, 07:55 PM
I've been watching these fun pimps for a while now... that being said, I wouldn't be shocked if they threw in a surprise or two. If not, that's cool. But I'd bet on it

Tomtom420651
12-11-2017, 07:55 PM
Don't get me wrong I love the game I just think it's messed up we all paid for the same game but we plan to different ones!!! I just think If there's an update for one it should be for all So If it can't be on Xbox or playstation they should put it out for PC!!

HyjaxxNine
12-11-2017, 08:00 PM
Crap...such a bummer to not get electricity,traps and turrets. It makes the game completely different. While PC can kill zed with slicing traps,zap fences,shotgun turrets, auto turrets and lots more console is restricted to killing them with a piece of wood..

At bare minimum we should have gotten arch ways and some of the other blocks 8(

crazywildfire
12-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Don't get me wrong I love the game I just think it's messed up we all paid for the same game but we plan to different ones!!! I just think If there's an update for one it should be for all So If it can't be on Xbox or playstation they should put it out for PC!!

How is it messed up? It isn't even a finished game. They started on pc like way way before console. TFP are not even working on console they are trying to finish a game that they are making. TT came to TFP and asked to bring what they had in A14 to console. That they would handle the console side so they could focus on finishing the game. They made it pretty clear that they was not guaranteeing anything past A14 because they don't know what the console could handle but they would try and match pc as close as possible. They only bring finished work from pc to console. Pc is in A16 just one alpha ahead right now. It will most likely stay at the very least one alpha behind pc because they only bring finished work over. If pc is currently in A16 then they are still working on things as pc gets multiple A16 releases. This is one reason why they call console a finished game that and no guarantee anything else will work on console. It really isn't messed up it just the way it is. If you feel it is then I don't know what to tell you because it isn't going to change. Console most likely will not get more A16 content until they release A17 on pc and that is still many many months away. No guarantee that some of that stuff from A16 will make it to console anyway. Those traps and stuff eat up a lot of memory on pc as it is right now. Maybe they will get it worked out for console who knows. But either way I would about guarantee console isn't getting more content for several months. The next several updates will be bug fixes to fix the problems at hand right now.

mrkrow69
12-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Awesome! Fixing the bugs and making more stable. That's great. Thanks for all your hard work Claire, developers, and others we don't see or know about.

Gutterputty
12-11-2017, 09:33 PM
Good work team. You people that want new content all the time is getting really annoying. It has to be stable on PC before they port it. Which A16 is not yet. Be patient , console will get some A16 when it is ready to port.

Tomtom420651
12-11-2017, 09:34 PM
Only 50 more alph to go!

Srhryder311
12-12-2017, 12:25 AM

I agree, no two versions are the same, i think its awesome that we have it on console but i get so jealous when i see all the cool stuff pc has and realize we have a basic glorified minecraft. I understand that there is a difference in the programming but we all payed for the same game, it would be great to get some of the new content at least.

SGriggs
12-12-2017, 12:51 AM
thanks for the Fixes! I would rather a stable game than added content! Added content is great but if the fixes are not done then it is just more to have issues with. Thanks guys and gals

WallopingShark
12-12-2017, 03:02 AM
I agree, no two versions are the same, i think its awesome that we have it on console but i get so jealous when i see all the cool stuff pc has and realize we have a basic glorified minecraft. I understand that there is a difference in the programming but we all payed for the same game, it would be great to get some of the new content at least.
We all payed for the same game, yeah, but we knew it was in alpha so we knew it wasn't finished. The console version is just one step behind the PC version so its just less finished than the Pc version. The game was originally PC so I'm surprised the console version has all the stuff up to alpha 15. You didn't buy a full game, you bought access to play an unfinished alpha version of the game. It sucks seeing all the stuff we are missing out on but its also a look at what is to come and what to get excited for next. The current console version is equivalent to alpha 15 and PC is only on alpha 16 so its not like its a completely different game. The only thing console players really miss out on that PC players have is mods.

kopacko
12-12-2017, 06:21 AM
The only thing console players really miss out on that PC players have is mods.

That is so far from the truth it isn't even funny. We are missing out advanced rotations, the expanded skills/perks, compound bow, all of the electrical options, the locked down workbench/forge/chem station (B.S. - because I think it is B.S. you can't move your own stuff anymore, but nonetheless, console doesn't have that), added zombies and animals, and the list goes on and on.

Nathan3507
12-12-2017, 07:35 AM
PLEASE FIX THE CONSTANT CRASHES! For no reason every 20 minutes the game crashes. And it takes awhile to load (which I completely understand) but t gets annoying when you need to load the game up to 5 times an hour. Makes it impossible to play long durations. Loving the game though! Keep up the good work! Iíve bought this game twice for Xbox already, and am ordering soon for PS4 and possibly PC! Canít get enough of it!

- - - Updated - - -

That is so far from the truth it isn't even funny. We are missing out advanced rotations, the expanded skills/perks, compound bow, all of the electrical options, the locked down workbench/forge/chem station (B.S. - because I think it is B.S. you can't move your own stuff anymore, but nonetheless, console doesn't have that), added zombies and animals, and the list goes on and on.

You can move chem stations and forged on console. Use a wrench to destroy it and itíll go into your inventory. I recommend using a stronger tool to destroy it down to just a little durability left and use the wrench for the rest. As long as the last hit is done with a wrench itíll go into your inventory to be replaced. Make sure itís emptied first though, or youíll lose anything in it, including smelted materials.

crazywildfire
12-12-2017, 08:04 AM
He was talking about pc in A16 you can't move it unless you put a land claim block down before putting those down. He was just saying how console is missing that part of it. I get what he is saying but I play on oc also and some of the stuff isn't ready yet and still being worked on. Console isn't going to get that stuff until it is good to go. They already have enough issues as it is. Things get buggy just porting the finished stuff much less stuff that is already buggy to begin with.

I remember before console got A15 stuff people complain and said they be happy ti just get some of that stuff but now console got it people demanding more and it isn't fair bull crap.

Console didn't get new zombies because the new zombies in A15 on pc was crap and they did away with them in A16 and remade them. I don't know what is so hard to understand they release console as a finished game not alpha console isn't the ones testing stuff pc is. They are only going to bring what is finished to console not stuff currently being worked on. What is so hard to understand that? I could see if pc version and console version came out at the same time but it didn't. The pc is where they are making the game not console. Regardless what you think or how you feel about that nothing is going to change it so all I can say is get over it. You don't like to hear the truth tough it is what it is. Also want to add you are putting hopes in getting everything pc has on console and that might not happen. It wouldn't shock me at all if electric, turrets, or blade traps don't make it to console. A very great possibility that those don't make it. Then what we got to hear you complain some more how unfair it is and such? Also no guarantees that console gets any more content. Until they announce it then it might not happen. If you go read and stoo complaining then you would understand that. But no we just going to cry us a river in here because this messed up how they are doing. They can't help 2 things here one is how sony and Microsoft are about alpha games on console the next thing they can't help is console limitations. They never really intended to bring this game to console at least not while in alpha. If it wasn't for TT and IG console wouldn't even have this game as it is right now. They are not going to rework the dream they had for this game because console can't handle it. They will finish making the game on pc and try as hard they can to match what they can or as close as they with console.

last thing I have said what I felt I needed to, probably shouldn't of but did. But this thread is about the bug fixes not new content. So lets get back on topic and anything else move over to general discussion. Thanks

Clare
12-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Hi all,

As crazywildfire said in their last post, this is getting off topic. While I understand some players are frustrated they are not seeing some (or all) of the features that are on PC - it is true the team want to port as much as possible to the console from PC, but like others have said, nothing will be considered for porting until the feature is deemed finished and ready by the team. There are a lot of seemingly complete features in A16, but TFP are still tweaking parts, you also have to allow for mechanics that interlink with each other and balance each other out, you couldn't port one without the other, that wouldn't work.

I understand you want to discuss it and some of you want to have your frustrations heard, but going from what's in the patch to the differences between console and PC is off topic - and I'd rather not close this post yet. There are stickies in the general discussion area you can refer to too if needed. For this patch the team are working on bug fixes reported by the community.

Secondly, if you have a bug, and don't see the fix listed, please don't report it here. There's a reason I mention it in the original post. I cannot chase reports here. Please post it in the Console Bug Reports section - even if someone else has already reported it, create your own post, the more information we have the better! But do NOT post them here. Not only can I not chase them in a large thread, but once the thread goes big enough I will miss them.

Thank you,
Clare

Jace249
12-12-2017, 10:47 AM
So has the update been approved Clare? As in ready for my PS4 to update it?

Clare
12-12-2017, 10:52 AM
So has the update been approved Clare? As in ready for my PS4 to update it?

No it is only in Submission with Sony and MS, once it is approved and going Live I will post a second update, this thread is to let you all know that the patch was sent on to Sony and MS for approval. All going according to plan, it shouldn't be too long a wait. :)

Shadeblackheart
12-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Awesome, my 13 yr old loves playing this with me splitscreen on ps4. Getting ps4pro at tax time so he can play on this ps4 in his room with me. Keep us posted on update news Clare! Now if we could just get this on psvr....

Jace249
12-12-2017, 11:12 AM
No it is only in Submission with Sony and MS, once it is approved and going Live I will post a second update, this thread is to let you all know that the patch was sent on to Sony and MS for approval. All going according to plan, it shouldn't be too long a wait. :)

Alrighty thank you very much for the update m'am!

dspencer
12-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Will this update require us to start a new world in order to have the fixes apply or will they apply to our existing worlds?

ZombieHoG
12-12-2017, 04:21 PM
Will this update require us to start a new world in order to have the fixes apply or will they apply to our existing worlds?

from the first post in this thread:
You should NOT need to start a new save unless otherwise stated by the team.

I'm so old, i can't understand that writing makes less effort than reading... :)

CommandoDecoy
12-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Clare,

Awesome! I am so excited about any update to the game even bug fixes. Please pass along my appreciation to the design and dev team(s) and for them to have a happy holiday season.

One quick question, will I need to restart my maps or will these fixes just roll into them so I don't need to worry?

I most appreciate your time and find out for me, therefore, I eagerly await your response and hope you have a happy holiday season too.

Best regards,

Patrick R. Link

Ignoringmywife1
12-12-2017, 04:44 PM
Thank you for the update. I wish SOME people weren't so rude in the forums. People come for info, not to get talked down to.

crazywildfire
12-12-2017, 04:44 PM
- NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated
- You should NOT need to start a new save unless otherwise stated by the team.
- do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.
- keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.
- please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.
- I do NOT have further info on future features, updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes not mentioned in the notes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

She said right in this section you do not need to start a new map unless stated by the team and nowhere did they state that you should so the answer is no you do not need to start a new map.

MadArchitect
12-12-2017, 05:41 PM
∑ Fixed an instance of an issue that would occasionally cause blocks to spawn without support and create a mass collapse when broken

Does this issue only apply to game generated structures or does it also affect blocks placed by players? The reason I ask is because I'm in the process of adding a third floor to my base(approximately 70-80 blocks high from bedrock level) and I was able to place supports and a roof about 7 blocks high with no issues whatsoever, EXCEPT one block. Every time I place a cobblestone frame in this one spot, the pillar below (upgraded to full cobblestone) collapses for no apparent reason. I even tried adding extra support just to be absolutely sure it was more than sufficient, and when I go to place that one block, it along with a few blocks adjacent will crumble. Just curious if this issue may be the cause.

Keep up the good work!

Tomtom420651
12-12-2017, 06:03 PM
SORRY i was just Voicing my opinion Didn't Mean to get everybody's panties in a bunch Love the game keep up the good work merry Christmas!

Damselx1
12-12-2017, 07:02 PM
Does this issue only apply to game generated structures or does it also affect blocks placed by players? The reason I ask is because I'm in the process of adding a third floor to my base(approximately 70-80 blocks high from bedrock level) and I was able to place supports and a roof about 7 blocks high with no issues whatsoever, EXCEPT one block. Every time I place a cobblestone frame in this one spot, the pillar below (upgraded to full cobblestone) collapses for no apparent reason. I even tried adding extra support just to be absolutely sure it was more than sufficient, and when I go to place that one block, it along with a few blocks adjacent will crumble. Just curious if this issue may be the cause.

Keep up the good work!

The pillar below; does it go to floor level or just floor to ceiling on the second floor. If there is a space below the column, that will be your issue.

MadArchitect
12-12-2017, 09:05 PM
The pillar below; does it go to floor level or just floor to ceiling on the second floor. If there is a space below the column, that will be your issue.

It goes to the ground floor. The base is basically a flat cube , with the construction like this: 1st floor = solid wall 1 thick on 3 faces, with the 4th face a series of horizontal poles. The 2nd & 3rd floors have full foundations 2 blocks thick. The support pillars are full blocks, 1 block thick, and spaced at either 6 or 7 block intervals. I'll have to check if a block is missing underneath the area that I am having the issue, or if there is a frame I forgot to upgrade.

Thanks for the response!

bootiemon
12-13-2017, 11:33 PM
Now if we could just get this on psvr....

Oh my goodness, that would be INCREDIBLE!! And Unity has some new VR tools. This could happen.

oMONOXIDECHILDo
12-14-2017, 12:51 AM
I really wish you would get the lead put its not hard to take the game as it is on PC and bring it to console i firmly believe your pulling the same crap bungie is doing otherwise the game would already be at that stage if the game isnt complete why the heck would you have sold it to us to begin with thats dumber then preordering a PREORDER

Maniakadam1
12-14-2017, 01:12 AM
Update isn't gonna delete my game is it?!😢

BunnyMaster
12-14-2017, 01:15 AM
I really wish you would get the lead put its not hard to take the game as it is on PC and bring it to console i firmly believe your pulling the same crap bungie is doing otherwise the game would already be at that stage if the game isnt complete why the heck would you have sold it to us to begin with thats dumber then preordering a PREORDER

There are plenty of listings describing what ALPHA, BETA, EARLY ACCESS, etc types of games are and what should be expected when you enter into a program like this. While some studios abandon their projects pretty quickly, this pair (TT&TFP) have shown no signs of letting up, so while at times this game is like a slightly nutty significant other, (s)he's still a lot of fun.

For perspectives sake, John Carmack (idSoft founder), when asked by reviewers, gamers etc about the completion date of any of his new projects, dating all the way back to DOOM, would always answer the same way:

"When it's done"

So, yeah, it's kinda buggy, but I guarantee you that your $$/per hour spent on this are so low that it should be very appealing to continue as long as it's still a fun game for you to play.

If not, then go ahead and hit a AAA title for $70 or some random free to play that might cost you $xxxx before it's all said and done.

- - - Updated - - -

Update isn't gonna delete my game is it?!😢
Nope, and no restart needed either. Clare's very good at posting exactly what is changed/fixed etc with each patch and this info always appears at the top of the first page of this thread. 👍👍

Maniakadam1
12-14-2017, 01:17 AM
Thanks 🐰! Really don't feel like starting over..😂

kopacko
12-14-2017, 01:33 AM
Patch is live on XBox.

Splitknuckler
12-14-2017, 02:23 AM
Patch is live on XBox.

Yup. I'll be sure to let you all know if they snuck in any treats for us :-)

Sawth77
12-14-2017, 02:23 AM
A nice update, just in time for Xmas :) Thanks TFP!

crazywildfire
12-14-2017, 04:06 AM
The live update is below this and not up in the sticky section for some reason. If anyone cares lol

- - - Updated - - -

If you read above or explore some and read the threads you will find the answers. That is all I will say to this. Not going to go into it again because it will get off topic and not going to repeat the same thing over.

Splitknuckler
12-14-2017, 04:45 AM
The live update is below this and not up in the sticky section for some reason. If anyone cares lol

- - - Updated - - -

If you read above or explore some and read the threads you will find the answers. That is all I will say to this. Not going to go into it again because it will get off topic and not going to repeat the same thing over.

I like your restraint! Comments like his drive me (and the other diehards like yourself, I'm sure) crazy. Some people don't get it, don't research, or just don't care. I am thrilled these devs don't listen to the "hurry up" nay-sayers and are working diligently on putting out a true masterpiece. This game is a masterpiece imo. I've been gaming since Atari and NEVER have put so many hours into one game! Every update (bug fixes or content) is FREE. It's like Christmas every few months. Chill out, people...

Said it already, but thank you Fun Pimps. Hats off to everyone involved for creating such a truly enjoyable, immersive game. Please keep up the hard work.

Brian122496
12-14-2017, 07:16 AM
Is the MD5 glitch addressed in this patch???

Roland
12-14-2017, 07:21 AM
Is the MD5 glitch addressed in this patch???

The short answer is: probably yes for a larger number of people than before but no guarantees that you personally will be in that group.

ZombieHoG
12-14-2017, 10:03 AM
I like your restraint! Comments like his drive me (and the other diehards like yourself, I'm sure) crazy. Some people don't get it, don't research, or just don't care. I am thrilled these devs don't listen to the "hurry up" nay-sayers and are working diligently on putting out a true masterpiece. This game is a masterpiece imo. I've been gaming since Atari and NEVER have put so many hours into one game! Every update (bug fixes or content) is FREE. It's like Christmas every few months. Chill out, people...

Said it already, but thank you Fun Pimps. Hats off to everyone involved for creating such a truly enjoyable, immersive game. Please keep up the hard work.

out of my heart, thx.

Lowtones
12-14-2017, 04:17 PM
I think you might have missed his point and it is a valid one. Name me one game that was sold as a finished product that has been out for what 2 years on console that still has known crash issues(Xbox)? I understand the love for the game or I wouldnít still be playing it but at some point TFPs have to be seen as a company and be held accountable for releasing an unfinished buggy game. If TFPs were EA would you be so quick to come to their defense? Blind faith in any company is a recipe for ruin. Again I love the game but I will hold any company (no matter their size) to the same standards.

SylenThunder
12-14-2017, 04:53 PM
I think you might have missed his point and it is a valid one. Name me one game that was sold as a finished product that has been out for what 2 years on console that still has known crash issues(Xbox)? I understand the love for the game or I wouldn’t still be playing it but at some point TFPs have to be seen as a company and be held accountable for releasing an unfinished buggy game. If TFPs were EA would you be so quick to come to their defense? Blind faith in any company is a recipe for ruin. Again I love the game but I will hold any company (no matter their size) to the same standards.
TFP didn't do the console port.

Splitknuckler
12-14-2017, 05:15 PM
I think you might have missed his point and it is a valid one. Name me one game that was sold as a finished product that has been out for what 2 years on console that still has known crash issues(Xbox)? I understand the love for the game or I wouldnít still be playing it but at some point TFPs have to be seen as a company and be held accountable for releasing an unfinished buggy game. If TFPs were EA would you be so quick to come to their defense? Blind faith in any company is a recipe for ruin. Again I love the game but I will hold any company (no matter their size) to the same standards.

I see and understand where you're coming from. For me, I bought a digital copy from the marketplace and it stated it was not a finished product. The Long Dark, and even PUB G stated this as well. I expect bugs and issues from games like these, but also expect patches and fixes. Idk if the disk copy had a warning on it or not.

On that note, I'm pretty sure TFP have heard complaints such as yours and have taken them to heart. If you watch madmoles videos he has stated that the team has brought in AI specialists for the zombies, people to work on the POI's etc. So they are working hard to finish their product

crazywildfire
12-14-2017, 05:17 PM

I don't think we did. His and otherspoint wasn't about the crashes and such as much as matching the pc. This isn't being blind it is just knowing why the console doesn't stay up to date with pc. As far as crashes goes I have not seen them given up yet so until they do I still stick behind them. Also TFP are working on getting the pc version for the game finished. A different company is working on the console porting what they can when they are able to console. Now I don't have a clue about this but maybe when the game is finished on pc TFP might try and help with the console. I guess that is something either they will answer or we will find out later down the road.

Lowtones
12-14-2017, 05:19 PM
TFP didn't do the console port.

It is their game....you donít get to wipe your hands of it as soon as you sign over the rights and they even have said themselves that they work with said companies in at least sending them the assets and none of that covers the looong over due crash fixes. Still I love the game but even I am starting to wonder why I was able to buy an unfinished game on disc.

crazywildfire
12-14-2017, 05:50 PM
It is their game....you donít get to wipe your hands of it as soon as you sign over the rights and they even have said themselves that they work with said companies in at least sending them the assets and none of that covers the looong over due crash fixes. Still I love the game but even I am starting to wonder why I was able to buy an unfinished game on disc.

Nobody has said anything about wiping hands. The main focus is for them to finish the they started on pc first. This doesn't mean they don't care or they are not helping when they can and so on. But they also have obligations to finish this game on pc where it started. Another team came to them and seen in pc version A14 what they had was good enough to make a game out of it for console so they worked out whatever deal they worked out and the other team took over the console part so they could focus on the pc and finish it.

As far as you being able to buy this game on disc. It isn't I don't understand where you are coming from and not that I don't see your point. But for console it is a finished game. The console team saw a finished game at A14. Does not mean it isn't buggy and all the above it doesn't mean that they are not going to keep adding what they can for console. Just means that no guarantee that console will get anymore content so technically if console is at the limitations and can't handle anymore content then the game is finished on console. The console version isn't doing alphas and testing the game so goes back to why they call it finished. So technically it isn't unfinished unless you talk about the bugs and crashes. But that isn't what makes it finished and unfinished. Every game that comes out today has bugs and you buy them on disc so the question is why are you able to buy them on disc? Yes this game probably has more issues then others but bugs are bugs. Like I said I understand what you are saying and it isn't that I don't. I just know that the team has not given up yet and are still working pretty hard to fix the issues. Just like any other game that comes out just they are having harder time fixing the issues then other games but then again other games are not like this one and this game does have high limitations when it comes to console. The way I see it knowing this as long as they are trying they have my support.

Lowtones
12-14-2017, 06:04 PM
Nobody has said anything about wiping hands. The main focus is for them to finish the they started on pc first. This doesn't mean they don't care or they are not helping when they can and so on. But they also have obligations to finish this game on pc where it started. Another team came to them and seen in pc version A14 what they had was good enough to make a game out of it for console so they worked out whatever deal they worked out and the other team took over the console part so they could focus on the pc and finish it.

As far as you being able to buy this game on disc. It isn't I don't understand where you are coming from and not that I don't see your point. But for console it is a finished game. The console team saw a finished game at A14. Does not mean it isn't buggy and all the above it doesn't mean that they are not going to keep adding what they can for console. Just means that no guarantee that console will get anymore content so technically if console is at the limitations and can't handle anymore content then the game is finished on console. The console version isn't doing alphas and testing the game so goes back to why they call it finished. So technically it isn't unfinished unless you talk about the bugs and crashes. But that isn't what makes it finished and unfinished. Every game that comes out today has bugs and you buy them on disc so the question is why are you able to buy them on disc? Yes this game probably has more issues then others but bugs are bugs. Like I said I understand what you are saying and it isn't that I don't. I just know that the team has not given up yet and are still working pretty hard to fix the issues. Just like any other game that comes out just they are having harder time fixing the issues then other games but then again other games are not like this one and this game does have high limitations when it comes to console. The way I see it knowing this as long as they are trying they have my support.

I understand the limitations and a appreciate how civil this has been so before I go any farther thank you for that but what the unhappy few that are still getting crashes that have been known about for so long something needs to be said and done. This is the only place where you even have the slightest chance at getting an answer to crashes and other issues so we come here in hopes that when we see New Update! the 1st thing we see will be MD5 error found and finally FIXED! but there is always next year.

crazywildfire
12-14-2017, 06:31 PM
I understand the limitations and a appreciate how civil this has been so before I go any farther thank you for that but what the unhappy few that are still getting crashes that have been known about for so long something needs to be said and done. This is the only place where you even have the slightest chance at getting an answer to crashes and other issues so we come here in hopes that when we see New Update! the 1st thing we see will be MD5 error found and finally FIXED! but there is always next year.

Yeah I know I don't always use my choice of words the right way at times. But honestly I don't try to be uncivil lol. I also know I'm not always right and things I say at times is my opinion then facts. I also know that this is probably getting a little off topic so I will try not to go to much more into here on this thread.

I don't think they will ever put in the notes that MD5 are fixed. So many things are causing them. From my understanding they do fix some the triggers that do cause them in every update even if they don't get posted. I don't recall any update notes that have said anything about them but the game has had a improvement in the crashes. This I guess is a opinion but I personally don't think they will ever have 100% crash free for console because of the console being under spec and such. Do I feel they will keep reducing the crashes sure. But I also feel until TFP are finished with the pc version or the console team comes to the conclusion that the console can't handle anything else (I don't think they will make that call until pc is finsihed) and they can get a over all optimize or what ever the correct term is. I don't think we will see until then what the kind of crashes and such it will be like. That will be a good ways away. Until then all we can do is hope that they can reduce them down more and more where it isn't quite so frustrating.

SylenThunder
12-14-2017, 07:43 PM
The PC version is their game. The console is developed by Iron Galaxy, and published by Telltale. TTG and IG are responsible for the console version. TTG is primarily responsible for the console games, not TFP by any stretch. They could almost be considered separate entities completely the way it is handled.

It is sold as a finished product of the Alpha 14 PC version. Given the hardware limitations in the console, it's amazing some of the things they have been able to add or it.

It should also be noted that TFP actively assist in bug fixing, and further development, of the console when they can. Their primary focus however, is on the PC Alpha test and developing it. There is a video in the Sticky thread I created in the Console General Discussion forum that describes it.

Outlaw_187
12-15-2017, 12:47 PM
Plus my understanding of the dreaded "MD5" is not one single error/crash, it is the type of crash that's happening.

Basically the game has a dumbarse moment & rewrites part of your map & resets it to default. All they can fix are certain triggers causing these.

Unfortunately, our Xbox brothers & sisters suffer from these the most but also my understanding this is due to Xbox hardware (hence pretty much why only Xbox people suffer from these).
A huge trigger being something about the save system & lack of support for external save options by Xbox.

Anyhow this is my basic understanding of the crappy "MD5" stuff. It's almost like a bad pimple that pops up just as things are going good...BOOM....breakout right before picture time or a hot date, lol.

RealTreeRebel87
01-15-2018, 02:43 AM
Not sure exactly where to post this so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong spot. I was wondering if anyone can tell me when PlayStation is getting new content added. Thank you

SylenThunder
01-15-2018, 11:25 AM
Not sure exactly where to post this so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong spot. I was wondering if anyone can tell me when PlayStation is getting new content added. Thank you
You will know when they announce it in this forum section.

You will not know before hand, and no one will ever be able to tell you before hand.

Things have been this way since the dawn of time.