PDA

View Full Version : [02/08] Message from the Team

Pages : [1] 2

Clare
02-08-2018, 02:07 PM
Hi all,

Below is a message from the console team.

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

First off, our apologies for not communicating recently about what we're working on for the 7 Days to Die console community, but rest assured, we are still supporting this project, and, in fact...have a very large update planned for later this year.

The new updates are going to be very cool but they involve a lot of work - we can't get too into details now since it's still in the early phase but we felt that you all should at least know that we're still working hard on the game and greatly appreciate the continued patience and support of the community.

------------------

Jfletcher
02-08-2018, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the info

jbomia2
02-08-2018, 02:23 PM
Lmfao I was just thinking about asking u Clare if u guys were still working on content for us and if possible to just keep us updated about if we could expect anything in the near future. Thanks so much for this, just letting us know that u guys are still working on updating and adding more new content is awesome and it's greatly appreciated. I know us console plebs can't ever expect everything the PC gets but keep up the good work and thanks again u guys are amazing.

blackout68
02-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Thanks! A little info like this goes a long way.

Gmad03
02-08-2018, 03:02 PM
Thank you for the update. Keep up the good work

UPDATE 10
02-08-2018, 03:06 PM
I think I can hear the sigh of relief across the forums thank you

IBKillingfools
02-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Can they be any more vague?

DeToX86
02-08-2018, 03:38 PM
Thank You!

NEMxDman
02-08-2018, 03:45 PM
Hi all,

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

First off, our apologies for not communicating recently about what we're working on for the 7 Days to Die console community, but rest assured, we are still supporting this project, and, in fact...have a very large update planned for later this year.

The new updates are going to be very cool but they involve a lot of work - we can't get too into details now since it's still in the early phase but we felt that you all should at least know that we're still working hard on the game and greatly appreciate the continued patience and support of the community.

------------------

Thank you, I'm happy to see that the communities request for some kind of communication has been taken into consideration :fat:

- - - Updated - - -

It's better than no information at all.

aceguy7
02-08-2018, 06:05 PM

Yes I agree...Very Vague...Why is any info released on console so vague? Its not like we don't know whats coming or whats possible because of whats going on with the pc version. Most other game company's tell you what new updates are coming and more details for the most part why not the fun pimps or whoever is really in charge of the console? Sorry for ranting a bit...I`m glad we at least got some info that something is coming in the future, just wish it was a little more detailed. Thanks for the info Clare.

Mr8liner
02-08-2018, 06:14 PM
Maybe when they do this update they could make your Duke coins stay in the wallet and not take up inventory space. Never seen a game that had money take up inventory.

Hopefully as well they add maps to other traders. You find the first​ one then he has a map to another. Repeat until all are found. Sucks driving around trying to find them

EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy
02-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Oh, okay. Nice.

I guess this little update is better than nothing I suppose. :)

UPDATE 10
02-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Lets all randomly speculate based on what could be considered "very large", while still being able to be handled on our consoles.
New zombie types plus wolves, if consider that huge.
What poi's don't we have yet?
I've heard we may finally be getting the ancient psychic tandem zombie giraffe.

EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy
02-08-2018, 09:35 PM
Lets all randomly speculate based on what could be considered "very large", while still being able to be handled on our consoles.
New zombie types plus wolves, if consider that huge.
What poi's don't we have yet?

Hahaha, I don't think that's a good idea. We wouldn't want to raise expectations now, would we? :D

Kaotix
02-08-2018, 10:00 PM
Hopefully as well they add maps to other traders. You find the first​ one then he has a map to another. Repeat until all are found. Sucks driving around trying to find them

Just drive around the map before you go to one of them. If you dont complete the quest, the marker will continuously shift to the closest trader.

- - - Updated - - -

What im really waiting for is paint system and electricity/traps. We have some lights already, but the traps are what im really waiting for.

Wjiiv
02-09-2018, 12:43 AM
Just a though. I think the reason for the "vague" update, is that its still in the vague process. The game is still being made, and still having new parts constantly being introduced, so none of that is thourougly tested and no one knows how it will react or work with the console. So i think the vague aspect is because they dont want to dissapoint by telling you you'll get x,y, and z, but then it turns out, after telltale starts the port, they can only give x and y.

That said, i appreciate the update anyways.

Jethrobuzz
02-09-2018, 12:54 AM
That is great news. Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

SkillzElite76
02-09-2018, 04:30 AM
Ty Ty. I have got many new people to buy this game over the last 2 weeks and we noticed this game can use / able to add SO MANY things to it in updates. 7 days to die console can go a LONG WAYS with updates and continue to grow with old players and new alike.

Clare
02-09-2018, 07:58 AM

Lets not get ahead of ourselves there UPDATE 10 ....

TheOnlyOne
02-09-2018, 08:06 AM
Well,it's better than nothing. :)

whiplashll
02-09-2018, 08:48 AM
Thank you all for the update.... I appreciate everyoneís hard work and effort... looking forward to some new updates... thanks again... happy gaming...😎

luc-zol
02-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Hello,
Kind words are great but...
Let's support developers by buying DLC with addictional characters. I'm so happy with Their work and updates that I was feeiling bad I spent only 10 dollars on this game. They deserve support for their support ;)

Jotok
02-09-2018, 01:40 PM
If they had a DLC like the GNA Mod for PC, I would buy that and another copy for my son so he could play. He only likes killing zombies.

fyiiamaheavy
02-09-2018, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the update Clare glad you took your time to send the console team a message asking about content. Hope we see an update even this month

Krreed
02-09-2018, 05:56 PM
A little communication goes a long way it's nice to hear little tidbits like this makes you hyped to play .. It truly is an awesome game

DeToX86
02-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Hopefully our next message from the devs will be only be about 2-3 months versus the 10 months this one took. In all honesty I had assumed that they had mostly given up on the console version so it's great to hear that they are still engaged.

legibleplanet07
02-09-2018, 08:10 PM
thanx for the update but i would love to see the ability to download mods for 7d2d like the way that fallout 4 or fs17 have so we can find the mod we want and down load it so we have something to do besides the same thing over and over and over again while waiting for them to update the game with more than just hot fixes i get so excited when i see an update for 7d2d so jump on here to the forums as fast as i can to see its just a long list of fixes dont get me wrong i love that there trying to fix the game but instead of making 2 or 3 patches for hot fixes just make one big update for the hot fixes and and then maybe be able to start with content updates never the less thank you to you and the team for everything you have done and for everything you're doing

cpitts40
02-09-2018, 10:34 PM
I hope they could add mods in the future but that won't happen until the PC version is finished and everything from the PC version is ported to consoles. the modders have to update the mods for every update that vanilla 7DtD gets. that's why streamers have to quit their current play through and start a new one because the updates to the mod broke something in their game making it unreasonable to continue their current play through.

TheNeoReaper
02-10-2018, 02:06 AM
Great to hear. I would really be bummed if you stopped supporting the console community. I lot of us still play this game religiously.

Ares GodOWar
02-10-2018, 02:48 AM
PC is getting A17 soon are we going to at least get upto A15 maybe a little of A16 mixed in ?

I figure we are about a year to a year and a half behind PC

fyiiamaheavy
02-10-2018, 05:59 AM
PC is getting A17 soon are we going to at least get upto A15 maybe a little of A16 mixed in ?

Consoles are on alpha 15 now. The only thing important were missing from 15 is the new zombies (punk zombie, stripper etc

Outlaw_187
02-10-2018, 07:54 AM
Awesome news!! In another thread, this is exactly what we asked for & it was received.
Can't wait for the update.....COME ON STRIPPER ZOMBIE!!!!

fyiiamaheavy
02-10-2018, 09:34 AM
Awesome news!! In another thread, this is exactly what we asked for & it was received.
Can't wait for the update.....COME ON STRIPPER ZOMBIE!!!!

I can't wait for big momma (hungry zombie)

InterstellarState
02-10-2018, 01:21 PM
Iím hoping for electricity and more zombies! That to me would be very large.

PantsThief
02-10-2018, 05:03 PM
New content is all much appreciated. BUT. The bigger issue is broken AI. Zombies running in a circles, always falling on there backs. If they just fixed the AI Iíd be really happy.
Please donít give us the broken sleepers of A16.
Wait too long and PubG,State of decay 2(Xbox) Day Z , the forest, Red dead 2 will steal the spotlight. Donít get me wrong I enjoy 7 days to die. But itís In need of a lot of polish. And I donít mean it has to look like fallout 4. I absolutely love games like ďthe long darkĒ
Still looking forward to this big update. Really hoping this next update brings a ton of new things to pull me back into 7 days to die.

Weed_warrior_88
02-10-2018, 05:04 PM
Excellent keep up the good work fun pimps thank u for ur continued work for the experience of the game and would love to see what u bring to us in the next update and thank u Claire for keeping us updated

Ignoringmywife1
02-10-2018, 05:12 PM
We're missing a lot more than just zombies... but the console can only handle so much.

fyiiamaheavy
02-10-2018, 05:34 PM
We're missing a lot more than just zombies... but the console can only handle so much.
What alpha 15 stuff we miss8ng?

- - - Updated - - -

If I had to guess this big update later this year will be alpha 16 with wire tools and sleepers etc from 16

Kaotix
02-10-2018, 06:27 PM
I feel like a portion of why we cant get some of the new stuff, or why were struggling with the power of the consoles, is because we refuse to optimize. We're so worried about adding new content that we cant just make the existing content function properly.

Edit: I know that this isnt the console team's problem, they're trying to keep it as true to PC as possible. So dont take this the wrong way. I appreciate every bit of work that you guys do.

Jadesteele
02-10-2018, 09:34 PM
I'm sure that Claire will tell us more when they have finalised what will be added - no need to bug her until then. That said, I'm actually gonna be patient and wait (hopes that his base will actually be finished and will have managed to get past day 40 this time)

Gmad03
02-10-2018, 10:38 PM
Yeah me too. But when alpha 17 is getting close thatís when we should start asking for more info from Claire since imma assuming console update will launch right around alpha 17 for pc that way it keeps console happyish since pc has new stuff Thatís what happened last time for alpha 16.

skippy0330
02-10-2018, 11:12 PM
thanx for the update but i would love to see the ability to download mods for 7d2d like the way that fallout 4 or fs17 have so we can find the mod we want and down load it so we have something to do besides the same thing over and over and over again while waiting for them to update the game with more than just hot fixes i get so excited when i see an update for 7d2d so jump on here to the forums as fast as i can to see its just a long list of fixes dont get me wrong i love that there trying to fix the game but instead of making 2 or 3 patches for hot fixes just make one big update for the hot fixes and and then maybe be able to start with content updates never the less thank you to you and the team for everything you have done and for everything you're doing

Those aren't mods. those are coded for free for the developers and approved. it's free dlc, or in some cases, paid. Modding is free from developer interference, and isn't a thing on consoles. They use the term mods, pretty loosely to make ya have the warm fuzzies :)

SylenThunder
02-10-2018, 11:17 PM
Yeah me too. But when alpha 17 is getting close that’s when we should start asking for more info from Claire since imma assuming console update will launch right around alpha 17 for pc that way it keeps console happyish since pc has new stuff That’s what happened last time for alpha 16.
Why would you assume that? They are completely separate development teams.

My guess would be that they're re-coding the client for Unity 2017 on the console, and we may get the rest of a15 here. Given the amount of work involved with that, there is no way to tell when it will come.

The summer update was on 6/27, and a16 was on 7/12. While close, I sincerely doubt that there was any real correlation.

fyiiamaheavy
02-11-2018, 04:22 AM
Why would you assume that? They are completely separate development teams.

My guess would be that they're re-coding the client for Unity 2017 on the console, and we may get the rest of a15 here. Given the amount of work involved with that, there is no way to tell when it will come.

The summer update was on 6/27, and a16 was on 7/12. While close, I sincerely doubt that there was any real correlation.
There is nothing left from alpha 15 that's important

Jaalenn
02-11-2018, 05:24 AM
I'm glad the dev team keeps us informed, at least to some extent, as to what's going on. Most other game producers don't even bother. Thanks guys!

Outlaw_187
02-11-2018, 06:23 AM
There is nothing left from alpha 15 that's important

Umm......stripper zombie??!! That's important!! 😘
On a serious note, just really excited we are getting new stuff. I'm sure the patch(s) will contain bug fixes & optimizations as well. Great job everyone involved 👍

Pablodiablo316
02-11-2018, 09:06 AM

they could have continued to say nothing.

mach-c0re
02-11-2018, 09:08 AM
Im waiting for the Traps, Electricity and of course the painttool. And please make the minibike faster.

Sleeper-Zombies would be great and also the New poi's.

fyiiamaheavy
02-11-2018, 10:05 AM
Umm......stripper zombie??!! That's important!! 😘
On a serious note, just really excited we are getting new stuff. I'm sure the patch(s) will contain bug fixes & optimizations as well. Great job everyone involved 👍
I already said the new zombies were important

K-Lude
02-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Awesome, thanks for the update!

SquiffyMcSquiff
02-12-2018, 07:34 PM
Itís nice to have an update and know the game is still being worked on.

I would really appreciate some kind of idea of the priorities of the developers. I know the update may be vague because they donít want to give false hope but to know that this bug or that bug or such and such a feature being added is at the top of the list would give us and idea of the direction the development of the game is going.

Tomtom420651
02-12-2018, 07:52 PM
How long ? Sould i Start a new game or just wait?

Tomtom420651
02-12-2018, 07:58 PM
And Thx 4 ALL The hard work you all do! We appreciate it!

TrentasaurasRex
02-13-2018, 04:00 AM
By this they probably mean the end of the year youíll have more bug fixes is it. Wonít add anything new content wise just ďbugĒ fixes

TrentasaurasRex
02-13-2018, 04:09 AM
I love this game absolutely love it but this is getting kinda ridiculous. Iíve had this game for a while now and with no new news or anything itís kinda hard to support a game. We havenít heard anything until this if you want to call this news. The game, as of right now, is boring and bland. I wish I could get a pc and get it for pc because they get updates they get news. What do we get? ďWe are working on something big. That will come out later this year.Ē

Mjtp
02-13-2018, 01:04 PM
I love this game absolutely love it but this is getting kinda ridiculous. Iíve had this game for a while now and with no new news or anything itís kinda hard to support a game. We havenít heard anything until this if you want to call this news. The game, as of right now, is boring and bland. I wish I could get a pc and get it for pc because they get updates they get news. What do we get? ďWe are working on something big. That will come out later this year.Ē

Just buy that pc and stop spamming negativity.... jeez

- - - Updated - - -

Thanksalot for the info update Clare!
Looking forward to new stuff :)

CerealKiller231
02-13-2018, 01:56 PM
Yes, game still ruined, back to COD WW2, at one time 7 days to die was so much fun, Dynamic Hoards and the New mining. Thanks a lot, but it's mot your fault Clare.

Fightguy40
02-13-2018, 03:01 PM
Just buy that pc and stop spamming negativity.... jeez

- - - Updated - - -

Thanksalot for the info update Clare!
Looking forward to new stuff :)

No one is spamming negativity. Having paid for this game, we are entitled to be disappointed and frustrated in the lack of progress by the developers. Especially when no one has told what is causing such a long delay in completing this game on console (and don't say we're hindered by the hardware, that's a wee bit of a deflection). We have a right to express our frustration at having paid for something that seems to be constantly on the back burner.

Like everyone else, I'd love it to be finished soon, but I'll most likely jump ship fairly shortly.

J Rodriguez
02-13-2018, 03:09 PM
Hi all,

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

------------------

our apologies hmmm. That's a very common thing people say.
How about a video from the people responsible for the console with "our apologies"
All I see is updates on PC. Posting all this cool stuff on PC while the low class non PC community people get thrown to the side.
I payed just like the PC users.
But we only get half. Don't get me wrong I love this game I think it's an amazing game.
But I know when I'm getting screwed and this is one of the times.

XxUnkn0wnxX
02-13-2018, 05:01 PM

I think mods should be possible on console once the game is fully developed and is stable, if Bethesda could do it don't see why pimps cannot do it. even simple mods that just re-use assets that are currently installed or create something like alternative Creation Club or released paid mod bundles as DLC I wouldn't mind spending a few $$ to get a better game experience...

irjvik
02-13-2018, 07:59 PM
I think mods should be possible on console once the game is fully developed and is stable, if Bethesda could do it don't see why pimps cannot do it. even simple mods that just re-use assets that are currently installed or create something like alternative Creation Club or released paid mod bundles as DLC I wouldn't mind spending a few $$ to get a better game experience...

Quick answer : Bethesda has more employees than pimps.
Each mod needs monitoring/approval by devs before released, it means a dev busy just for that.

Long answer : I will use examples to make it clear. No adv intended.
There are currently two types of games allowing mods :

- Farming Simulator 2017 (and Creation Club) : Mods are submitted to the devs, tested by the devs, and legal issues/copyright infringments/QA is up to the devs and publisher.
There are considered more or less as free (or paid as of Creation Club) DLCs.

- Skyrim/Fallout : Mods are submitted to the devs/publisher, NOT tested and NOT QA by the devs, and those with legal issues/copyright infringments+additional scripts(Sony consoles only) are refused or removed.
There are more in the PC mods spirit.

Yes, The Fun Pimps/Iron Galaxy can release mods as DLC packs, the easiest way, but it means more devs working to check those mods.
More DLC to sell means more income, developping and testing DLCs means more expenses.
The decision is up to the dev team.

TheNeoReaper
02-14-2018, 01:41 AM

We are on A15

Ignoringmywife1
02-14-2018, 04:20 PM
Yes we are on a15. But we are missing: traps, electricity, Dire wolves, paint, Vultures, many of the new zombies, we still can't tell if our friends are looking up or down, the crucible. I'm sure I missed a few things.

Csigrissom
02-14-2018, 04:21 PM
Were the arch blocks 15 or 16? I want those and painting.

TheOnlyOne
02-14-2018, 04:58 PM
Were the arch blocks 15 or 16? I want those and painting.

What do you do with painting? Does it make your game experience better when you house is red or some colour? Come on... Or electricity,it just make game so laggy that its not fun to play anymore.

Ignoringmywife1
02-15-2018, 11:04 PM
Hey how about all rotations for blocks. I'd love that one. Been waiting since the game came to console.

crazywildfire
02-16-2018, 11:59 AM
Yes we are on a15. But we are missing: traps, electricity, Dire wolves, paint, Vultures, many of the new zombies, we still can't tell if our friends are looking up or down, the crucible. I'm sure I missed a few things.

But those things are on A16 never was on A15. As far as where you are looking that isn't even on A16 that is coming on A17. So yrs we are missing things from those but what they are saying is console is on A15 and I think it has give or take about 90% of what pc has in A15 so being on that version console isn't missing alot. The only reason console didn't get the zombies was that they didn't work well on A15 and they removed them and reworked and different version of them for A16.

What do you do with painting? Does it make your game experience better when you house is red or some colour? Come on... Or electricity,it just make game so laggy that its not fun to play anymore.

I'm not the biggest fan of the electricity as of now and yes it can cause lag and probably loads on console if added. But I am a huge fan of the paint system. It really works very well and don't cause any issues or at least on pc. I know many people that wasn't excited when they first announced the paint on pc but after a16 released most of those people that said they wouldn't use it ot like it came back and said they was actually impressed with it.

it does more then just paint colors. It takes some blocks out of the game to allow you to make a base to your liking. Like when I personally use it when I play on pc I like the cabin look but don't like the low quality. Now I can make higher quality but paint it to look like a cabin and still be safe. I want to make my inside nice looking so I make a kitchen and actually looks like a kitchen because paint allows you to paint things you can't make in inventory. I mean the list goes on it makes some that enjoy the game but have a creative side do lots more.

it might not be your cup of tea but just because you might not like it doesn't make it bad or no fun.

Chester_Copperpot
02-16-2018, 04:29 PM
Thank you!

Rogue_Troopers
02-16-2018, 09:51 PM

i also played subnautica onxbox 1 they give info on up coming update but there updates come once a year....

i hope the updates for 7 days wont take that long as i have alot of fun with this game :jaded:

Thank you Clare for the info you give....

Un-BeatabIe
02-17-2018, 08:20 PM
i also played subnautica onxbox 1 they give info on up coming update but there updates come once a year....

i hope the updates for 7 days wont take that long as i have alot of fun with this game :jaded:

Thank you Clare for the info you give....But if they release an update it's not available in your current session. So I'm totally fine with the time span.

Maggot_8741
02-17-2018, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=Clare;786976]Hi all,

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

------------------[/QUOTEs

So does this mean no updates at all until later this year?

Ignoringmywife1
02-18-2018, 03:29 AM
Yes.

chris87hall
02-19-2018, 12:00 AM
thank the game needs the updates now pc is looking a lot better thin the xbox one i was playing it on pc at first but the got it on xbox one and it on update 10 and i thank we should have gotten some of the stuff that Alpha 16 for pc got Wire Tool
GeneratorBank.png Generator Bank
SolarBank.png Solar Bank
Electric Wire Relay
Electric Timer Relay
Motion Sensor
Battery Bank forge Tool trip Wire Post
Trigger Plate batter looking poi's

Damselx1
02-19-2018, 09:03 AM
thank the game needs the updates now pc is looking a lot better thin the xbox one i was playing it on pc at first but the got it on xbox one and it on update 10 and i thank we should have gotten some of the stuff that Alpha 16 for pc got Wire Tool
GeneratorBank.png Generator Bank
SolarBank.png Solar Bank
Electric Wire Relay
Electric Timer Relay
Motion Sensor
Battery Bank forge Tool trip Wire Post
Trigger Plate batter looking poi's

The PC will always be ahead of console - we get what they can port over when it's finished over there - so long as the console can handle it.

Funkinstein
02-19-2018, 11:29 AM
There is a lot broken on PC side so don't get your hopes up. I'm honestly afraid to see what breaks when PC gets A17. All they keep showing us is all these fluff piece features that look cool, but noone is addressing the horrible AI, or the electricity problems or the fact that even the best PC in the entire world damn near seizes up when we get near a skyscraper. But hey, we get Jeep's and a gyrocopter.... Now the game will be a laggy mess in style.

SylenThunder
02-19-2018, 11:48 AM
There is a lot broken on PC side so don't get your hopes up. I'm honestly afraid to see what breaks when PC gets A17. All they keep showing us is all these fluff piece features that look cool, but noone is addressing the horrible AI, or the electricity problems or the fact that even the best PC in the entire world damn near seizes up when we get near a skyscraper. But hey, we get Jeep's and a gyrocopter.... Now the game will be a laggy mess in style.
Actually, they were working on those things before they started showing all the new fun stuff. Completely re-coding the engine for the latest version of Unity is no easy task either. The optimization available in the latest version of Unity will go a long ways towards fixing the bugs like what we have with electricity, minibikes, large hordes, huge buildings, and people running low-end systems.

It is in Alpha development too. Don't forget this. Many people expect it to be like a finished product when it isn't even in the Beta testing stage yet.

It's been a while since I shared this. The PC version is the green stripe...
https://i.gyazo.com/a1dbd9c9875d1fc70ba8babda23a8915.jpg

kiezkicker
02-19-2018, 12:40 PM
I dont care on PC Version... This is the console section. And by the way, I dont think the picture is funny.
Please show me a console game with ALPHA status. Are you kidding me...?
It is time to provide some new content- isnt it?! "The summer update" was a joke. They are not even able to fix some bugs.
Please, get started!

jazzbanjo
02-19-2018, 01:59 PM
Actually, they were working on those things before they started showing all the new fun stuff. Completely re-coding the engine for the latest version of Unity is no easy task either. The optimization available in the latest version of Unity will go a long ways towards fixing the bugs like what we have with electricity, minibikes, large hordes, huge buildings, and people running low-end systems.

It is in Alpha development too. Don't forget this. Many people expect it to be like a finished product when it isn't even in the Beta testing stage yet.

Entirely fair point - but dude, it's been Alpha for four years now...

Do you have a projection of when Beta is expected?

SylenThunder
02-19-2018, 03:16 PM
Entirely fair point - but dude, it's been Alpha for four years now...

Do you have a projection of when Beta is expected?
I would imagine within the next year or so.

It should also be noted that four years in development is actually pretty short for a game of this nature. Usually you wouldn't have access to it until the Beta stage, but EA has changed that.

Mavors
02-19-2018, 05:29 PM
Please show me a console game with ALPHA status. Are you kidding me...?

It's also "funny" that 7 Days To Die is the ONLY console game that is still in alpha stage but you can still buy it from the store as a physical version. No, it's not funny.

SquiffyMcSquiff
02-19-2018, 06:17 PM
I donít know if this is going off topic or in the wrong place but as it has been mentioned is the console version of this game ďofficiallyĒ a finished product? I know it mirrors an earlier alpha version of the PC game but itís sold at full price and I didnít see any mention of it being a work in progress or unfinished when I bought it. It does have some game breaking bugs which makes it feel very much like itís still in testing but I canít seem to work out from the forums or anywhere else if itís supposed to be a finished game or not?

SylenThunder
02-19-2018, 07:44 PM
I don’t know if this is going off topic or in the wrong place but as it has been mentioned is the console version of this game “officially” a finished product? I know it mirrors an earlier alpha version of the PC game but it’s sold at full price and I didn’t see any mention of it being a work in progress or unfinished when I bought it. It does have some game breaking bugs which makes it feel very much like it’s still in testing but I can’t seem to work out from the forums or anywhere else if it’s supposed to be a finished game or not?
When it was released, it was supposed to be a finished version of Alpha 14 from the PC.

IMHO most of the issues on the console are due to Unity being relatively untested on the console, and the lack of supporting hardware specs.

Tomtom420651
02-19-2018, 08:16 PM
Just one question realistically when can we expect the finished product?

Damselx1
02-19-2018, 09:16 PM
I don’t know if this is going off topic or in the wrong place but as it has been mentioned is the console version of this game “officially” a finished product? I know it mirrors an earlier alpha version of the PC game but it’s sold at full price and I didn’t see any mention of it being a work in progress or unfinished when I bought it. It does have some game breaking bugs which makes it feel very much like it’s still in testing but I can’t seem to work out from the forums or anywhere else if it’s supposed to be a finished game or not?

The game was considered to be finished (enough to sell as a game in it's own right), however we get updates and new content (for free) as the game is developed on PC. Kinda like Minecraft is a finished game but as new stuff is created, it get released.

kiezkicker
02-20-2018, 09:39 AM
But in slowmotion....

crazywildfire
02-20-2018, 09:51 AM
The game was considered to be finished (enough to sell as a game in it's own right), however we get updates and new content (for free) as the game is developed on PC. Kinda like Minecraft is a finished game but as new stuff is created, it get released.

Yelp pretty much this statement. No guarantees that any more updates will happen. Yes we at least know of one more based on this thread but after that we have no guarantees that any more will be added. So besides the bugs and such the game is technically finished on console.

Just one question realistically when can we expect the finished product?

You talking about console or pc? Console like above said is technically finsihed. They will add more if the are able from the pc version as it processes. In the mean time they try to work on bugs and such. Now for pc it might be next year or it might be the year after only the developers know. As said 4 years isn't that long in a game development stage. Then how small of a group is working on the game add that to it and it really isn't that long. My guess and this is just my personal opinion so it might be far off is that pc will be finished right before 2020 or within the first quarter of 2020. But again this is my personal guess and that is all one can really do.

SquiffyMcSquiff
02-20-2018, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the info, Iím still relatively new and enjoying the content that is available just the dreaded md5 and not being able to play with certain friends that are spoiling my enjoyment sonewhat

DeToX86
02-20-2018, 02:08 PM

I'lll point out the extremely obvious difference for us console guys.... Minecraft IS finished. 7DtD is a disaster of game breaking crashes and bugs. Attempted to play last night. 5-6 crashes in 2 hours. If you employ the workaround and the time it takes, plus the host reloading the game, sending invites, everyone else loading.... I'm not sure exactly how long we were able to play, but it wasn't very damn long.

Pablodiablo316
02-20-2018, 10:19 PM
I'lll point out the extremely obvious difference for us console guys.... Minecraft IS finished. 7DtD is a disaster of game breaking crashes and bugs. Attempted to play last night. 5-6 crashes in 2 hours. If you employ the workaround and the time it takes, plus the host reloading the game, sending invites, everyone else loading.... I'm not sure exactly how long we were able to play, but it wasn't very damn long.

Strange thing is we play for 4 to 5 hours without stopping and its rare we have an issue, if we do its normally the weather going a tad mental in pine forests where it cycles between snow and rain almost constantly

DeToX86
02-20-2018, 10:51 PM
Strange thing is we play for 4 to 5 hours without stopping and its rare we have an issue, if we do its normally the weather going a tad mental in pine forests where it cycles between snow and rain almost constantly

XBOne or PS4?

DeltaFox93
02-20-2018, 11:32 PM
We used to have issues with crashing every hour on random gen and zombies not spawning. Now we play on Navesgane map and the game plays fine, doesn't really crash much either. Also found that hard rebooting the console and game made the zombies spawn again.

crazywildfire
02-21-2018, 07:33 AM

Same here, my friends and I played all weekend a few weekends in a row for 5+ hours at a time with no issues besides some lag here and there. The only time I normally have issues is when my internet acting up or some seeds names do tend to act up but if that happens you find out pretty quickly within the first game week. This is of course ps4 I know xbox tends to have more problems.

DeToX86
02-21-2018, 02:38 PM
Yeah, we are on Xbox One and the more players you have the worse it tends to be. Unfortunately, I'm not the host so I'm not sure that he is hard booting the machine before we start every time. Last night with 4 in game it crashed 6-7 minutes after starting. Then we made it close to an hour but it crashed 2/3 through a blood moon. Thankfully the MD5 resets have been less frequent on this run. Hopefully our luck holds out on this at least.

I am thankful that the devs are still working on the console version.

Ignoringmywife1
02-21-2018, 04:07 PM
Why is unity untested on consoles? That seems kinda dumb.

andrewcu
02-21-2018, 09:41 PM

I would LOVE to agree with this...... but if ti is still technically in Alpha and not even in Beta yet, then they shouldnt be selling it on another platform as a finished product. Console version was sold as a finished product if im not mistaken, so they should be focusing on fixiing known issues a little harder on something they are selling as a FINISHED PRODUCT. At this point im sure plenty of people would love for the bugs to be fixed over adding more content. I am definitely tired of getting booted from the game every 2 hours

Laz Man
02-21-2018, 10:00 PM
I would LOVE to agree with this...... but if ti is still technically in Alpha and not even in Beta yet, then they shouldnt be selling it on another platform as a finished product. Console version was sold as a finished product if im not mistaken, so they should be focusing on fixiing known issues a little harder on something they are selling as a FINISHED PRODUCT. At this point im sure plenty of people would love for the bugs to be fixed over adding more content. I am definitely tired of getting booted from the game every 2 hours

You are correct. The version that shipped for console was considered "finished enough." I assume iron galaxy was given the challenging task to convert and bug test for console. Given its one of the only games of its type on console, im sure it has been a lot of new learning.

One could argue, the game should have not ported to console until the PC version was released. However, the decision was made to do so sooner. This of course has some positives and negatives.

open6l
02-22-2018, 02:30 AM

Wasn't the console build sold as a finished Alpha 14 product with the possibility of A15 and any subsequent build features being added in the future? If so then the console did get a content finished build (as of Alpha 14).

Un-BeatabIe
02-22-2018, 03:01 AM
You have to really love the game to play it on xbox. I don't want to be rude, but selling it for 30$ with this md5 crash makes me angry. Im not even playing on xbox but this have to be illegal. Seriously

oMONOXIDECHILDo
02-22-2018, 04:35 AM
You have to really love the game to play it on xbox. I don't want to be rude, but selling it for 30$ with this md5 crash makes me angry. Im not even playing on xbox but this have to be illegal. Seriously
I do play on xbox and the fact i have lost so much when these devs havent pulled there head out of were ever its stuck pisses me off i absolutely hate the fact they rushed the release of a product as that graph showed still in CONCEPT respect lost man straight up i wont touch the game till i see a announcement from the devs stating the problems are worked out and that we console players are on equal terms with PC. I find it even more bull♥♥♥♥ that developers still favor the PC over console all im sharing on the matter

crazywildfire
02-22-2018, 07:45 AM
I do play on xbox and the fact i have lost so much when these devs havent pulled there head out of were ever its stuck pisses me off i absolutely hate the fact they rushed the release of a product as that graph showed still in CONCEPT respect lost man straight up i wont touch the game till i see a announcement from the devs stating the problems are worked out and that we console players are on equal terms with PC. I find it even more bull♥♥♥♥ that developers still favor the PC over console all im sharing on the matter

Then I guess you will be waiting for ever then. The developers are not even working on console. It wasn't them that brought it to console a different company did. So they are not favoring anything they are simply working on what they started from the start. I don't know why some think pc gets better treatment and when they do they favor them and so on. Console has limitations and only so much can be done. Pc has loads more lead way and easier to work with. It is what it is so it isn't personal it is just a fact. I have all kinds of consoles and a pc and understand the difference. But anyway besides all that the main point of this was that the actual developers are not working on the console so technically they are not favoring anyone. TT and IG are not the developers they are more the porters so they are over and running the console side but they are not the developers either. So technically console side doesn't have developers if you look at that way.

NukemDed
02-22-2018, 09:33 AM
i play both pc and xbox. paid for 5 copies. ok sometimes it crashes. but each copy cost the same as a bottle of spirits - less in fact. what do you expect? ive had way more entertainment than i should expect per $ spent. md5 crash from what i hear is a m$ limitation.
it will get better, be patient.
for those who bang on about their 7dtd woes remember also at the end of the day its just a game.
meantime..
those of you who still have zits, attend to your school work
those who are too young to have zits, go outside and ride your bikes
those who have outgrown zits, well, grow up
expectations in general are too high. enjoy what comes. otherwise do your own thing somewhere else and quit complaining.
go back 30 years you would be lucky to get 1 new game per month worldwide.
who stole my walking frame! im gonna beat them with my cane!

SylenThunder
02-22-2018, 11:43 AM
Hint: They aren't the same developers.

The Fun Pimps make the PC version.

Telltale came to The Fun Pimps asking to make a version for the console.

Telltale hired Iron Galaxy to develop the console version.

Iron Galaxy develops the game for the console.
The Fun Pimps develop the game for the PC.

So there is no "favor" of one over the other. They are two completely separate development teams in different companies.

TheOnlyOne
02-22-2018, 11:48 AM
Hint: They aren't the same developers.

The Fun Pimps make the PC version.

Telltale came to The Fun Pimps asking to make a version for the console.

Telltale hired Iron Galaxy to develop the console version. (A developer with an already questionable track record.)

Iron Galaxy develops the game for the console.
The Fun Pimps develop the game for the PC.

So there is no "favor" of one over the other. They are two completely separate development teams in different companies.

THIS! ^

SquiffyMcSquiff
02-22-2018, 01:20 PM
Thatís the problem with subcontractors, when you load up the game you see Telltaleís logo, TFPís logo and Iron Galaxyís logo - whilst we may know from digging on these forums what the story is; if someone is dissatisfied with a product it reflects badly on all concerned and ultimately there has to be some level of responsibility taken when you farm out work to other people that your own reputation is going to be at risk if they do a bad job.
I still think this is an awesome game, I donít expect or demand all the features the PC version has, I didnít buy the PC version but I donít feel I got value for money for a game with such major bugs being released as Ďfinishedí and full price.

kiezkicker
02-22-2018, 03:41 PM
I dont care. We dont need finger-pointing. This is all bla bla. "Community Manager" and "Community Moderator" and excuses and explanations and all that sh*t we dont need any longer.... We need bugfixing and answers!
Telltale sells a game as FINISHED and many people dont have any nice experience with this game - that must be enough as an argument...? No...?

They can not say that they have fun with their own game and that they are proud of it...?
Money, money, money.....

Ignoringmywife1
02-22-2018, 03:53 PM
I've been watching how to build a pc on yt. I think I might try.

Nootcaase
02-22-2018, 10:54 PM
I dont care. We dont need finger-pointing. This is all bla bla. "Community Manager" and "Community Moderator" and excuses and explanations and all that sh*t we dont need any longer.... We need bugfixing and answers!
Telltale sells a game as FINISHED and many people dont have any nice experience with this game - that must be enough as an argument...? No...?

They can not say that they have fun with their own game and that they are proud of it...?
Money, money, money.....

Ok, but they are working on bug fixes.

While I don't know a ton about programming, I know enough to understand that a lotnof working parts can result in a lot of bugs. I also know that adding new content can create more bugs. And some times, fixing a bug can cause more bugs. Simply put, fixing bugs take time. Every single patch, and addition pushed out on console has included bug fixes.

And no one is finger pointing when we explain who is working on what. It is a simple explanation to clear up misinformation. The Fun Pimps, Telltale, and Iron Galaxy all work together to bring us content for console, however, the heavy lifting is really done by Iron Galaxy. Though if Telltale really wanted to milk the game, they could have charged us for new content, like last year when new blocks and POIs were added, but they are not.

And for all intent and purposes, the console version is finished. It is based on a stable version the alpha PC game. And there are plenty of people that enjoy the game on console. If not, there would not be active forums complete with a builder's challenge.

Un-BeatabIe
02-23-2018, 07:52 AM
i play both pc and xbox. paid for 5 copies. ok sometimes it crashes. but each copy cost the same as a bottle of spirits - less in fact. what do you expect? ive had way more entertainment than i should expect per $ spent. md5 crash from what i hear is a m$ limitation.
it will get better, be patient.
for those who bang on about their 7dtd woes remember also at the end of the day its just a game.
meantime..
those of you who still have zits, attend to your school work
those who are too young to have zits, go outside and ride your bikes
those who have outgrown zits, well, grow up
expectations in general are too high. enjoy what comes. otherwise do your own thing somewhere else and quit complaining.
go back 30 years you would be lucky to get 1 new game per month worldwide.
who stole my walking frame! im gonna beat them with my cane!
limitation mean what? But we live in the year 2018. What are those arguments? A cheap prize is no excuse for an unplayable error. What do you mean with what do you expect? What do you mean with those who have/are? Are you serious? Why approved ms this to sell? If a company need money to realise this project they shoud'nt realise it. Do you want an expired bottle of juice that taste like dog♥♥♥♥ because it's cheap? Because it's juice? Because you're an adult? Wtf? xbox users paid for it to play it.

SylenThunder
02-23-2018, 11:41 AM
limitation mean what? But we live in the year 2018. What are those arguments? A cheap prize is no excuse for an unplayable error. What do you mean with what do you expect? What do you mean with those who have/are? Are you serious? Why approved ms this to sell? If a company need money to realise this project they shoud'nt realise it. Do you want an expired bottle of juice that taste like dog♥♥♥♥ because it's cheap? Because it's juice? Because you're an adult? Wtf? xbox users paid for it to play it.Limitation in this respect means that it is an issue with how the console processes data.

Another limitation is that we live in the year 2018, but the hardware in our consoles is from 2010, and even then it was only mediocre equipment in the computing world.

Being in the year 2018 has also allowed developers to be more free with releases. No longer do you have to wait until a product is 99% bug free before shipping. You can ship with it 95% ready, and continue working on bugs. This means the ability to release titles earlier, and faster in a very competitive market.
I'm not saying it's right, but thanks to the internet and mass storage, it's possible.

fazz68
02-23-2018, 12:14 PM
i think this whole scenario went like this..... tell tale games are a publisher of a series of games called the walking dead. being a publisher of games their sole purpose is to make as much money as possible and they saw an opportunity to make some extra cash selling skins of their characters from their walking dead series but they needed a game that this could be done with.
They saw an unfinished game called 7 days to die being developed for the pc still in early access and though "hey this is the ideal game for us to use" and so a deal was struck.
Now they needed a developer that does console ports and came up with Iron Galaxy.. not the best... but hey they are competent and cheaper than the rest so we will make even more money on this deal....
And so the Game 7 days to die (based on an unfinished, bug riddled, unoptimised "Alpha" build) was born and released and telltale could sit back and watch all that lovely cash roll in.
Unfortunately they didnt anticipate the console gamers reaction of buying a broken mess and being a bit peeved at the whole thing. the console gamers had no way of voicing this to telltale or iron galaxy because neither have any type of support apart from directing you to the fun pimps forum, where they come shouting and screaming at the fun pimps to fix their broken game that they paid their hard earned cash to buy only to be told "stfu and go complain elsewhere to telltale and iron galaxy coz they are responsible for this game " so the console part was set up for console players to vent their spleen lol

now to their credit both telltale and iron galaxy are trying to fix the situation and the broken game and trying to keep it updated to its PC counterpart. which is no mean feat considering the PC version of the game is constantly changing and will do till its finally released whenever that may be.

Will the console version ever be the same as the pc version? who knows? consoles are woefully underpowered for this game but developers do find ways of squeezing that extra bit of something out of consoles and we can only hope that iron galaxy finds a way. the game is slowly being fixed and hasn't be abandoned which is a plus lol Game development takes a long time.

I think that the decision to release on consoles has bitten them badly on the arse and the people who are solely responsible are telltale who saw a cash cow for selling DLC for characters you'll never see outside of multiplayer.....

BUT i could be totally wrong and am just a cynical old fart :D

irjvik
02-23-2018, 04:39 PM
...they didnt anticipate the console gamers reaction of buying a broken mess...

Don't get wrong, they DID, but they didn't care at all.

PS4/X1 has allowed PC games and mentality to come to (prey ?) upon consoles, including selling half-finished, unfinished or buggy products.
We console users cannot consider any console game as safe to buy since PS4/X1 went out.
For those who like the old console way of playing (aka bug-free games), we must use extreme caution and research BEFORE buying any game.
And there are a lot of games worse than 7DTD : Demolition Company, Island Flight Simulator, Professional Farmer 2017, Dragon Fin Soup, just to name a few I've bought and raged upon !

Yes, 7DTD is buggy, unfinished, but developers have not left us alone, they are still working on the game.
That's why 7DTD is different from the others bugged games on consoles.

As a cynical point of view, you have now two choices :
- Play the game "as is", thanking devs for having released such a game so early (so you can play it now anyway), and enduring bugs + cursing PC unfinished games mentality coming to consoles
- Wait for the game to be "bug free", and do not touch it before this time. It can take months, or years. If devs had followed this path, the game would be in pre-order status with release date : "soon".

---------------------------
Personal note : I play games since 1980 on TRS-80 Model I, I saw the PC birth, I played hundred of games on PC, I used to cheat on most of them ... just in order to finish them as they were bugged/untested/unbalanced
Even AAA games were a mess if you planned to play them completely from A to Z.
(Example of an AAA game : I was one of the few able to successfully T-bomb the Kilrathi planet in Wing Commander IV, after around 70-80 tries to avoid the never-ending enemy waves bug !)
So I know very well what I call "the PC mentality".
I was glad to see those problems didn't exist on consoles ... for a time ...

PantsThief
02-24-2018, 03:43 AM
I know I said before 7dtd needs some more work, but I just want to stay positive and hope this next BIG update is really the big changer to the game.

So on topic of the new we have now hereís my list of what Iíd like changed.

*Zombie pathing/animations
*Better draw distances
*Better control with the aiming/movement
*not rectangle towns maybe what we see in A16

Anything else is just added content, always appreciated but my main hopes are for quality of life improvements, graphics and AI improvements.

Anyone else have any hopes or speculation on what we could get?

NukemDed
02-24-2018, 04:18 AM
its still just a game. i find it staggering that some get wound up so badly. the cost is a couple of lottery tickets. a quarter of a night out. 2 movie tickets.
what we will end up with will be such fantastic fun and fantastic value. all we need is patience. today i picked 5 kg of blackberries with the kids at the river, made a batch of tomatoe sauce and cut a log into 16 lengths of 6x2. and played games. perspective people...

Outlaw_187
02-24-2018, 11:00 AM
its still just a game. i find it staggering that some get wound up so badly. the cost is a couple of lottery tickets. a quarter of a night out. 2 movie tickets.
what we will end up with will be such fantastic fun and fantastic value. all we need is patience. today i picked 5 kg of blackberries with the kids at the river, made a batch of tomatoe sauce and cut a log into 16 lengths of 6x2. and played games. perspective people...

Well said man....well said! I feel as I more than got my money's worth for this game ($25 with Amazon prime preorder when the game launched).
No it's not perfect by any means but I've poured HOURS into this game & have loved every minute. I do feel for my pissed off Xbox brethren as they for the most part do get the feel that this game is broken & unfinished. I play on PS4 (luckily) and am not plagued by half of said bugs.
We do know there is another update coming, let's all hope for the best and no doubt they'll be tackling more bug issues.
I'm super stoked to see what new content we get....FOR FREE...... may I add!! This game is so awesome & I've loved seeing it grow & am excited to continue seeing it grow!

Un-BeatabIe
02-24-2018, 11:03 AM
i think this whole scenario went like this..... tell tale games are a publisher of a series of games called the walking dead. being a publisher of games their sole purpose is to make as much money as possible and they saw an opportunity to make some extra cash selling skins of their characters from their walking dead series but they needed a game that this could be done with.
They saw an unfinished game called 7 days to die being developed for the pc still in early access and though "hey this is the ideal game for us to use" and so a deal was struck.
Now they needed a developer that does console ports and came up with Iron Galaxy.. not the best... but hey they are competent and cheaper than the rest so we will make even more money on this deal....
And so the Game 7 days to die (based on an unfinished, bug riddled, unoptimised "Alpha" build) was born and released and telltale could sit back and watch all that lovely cash roll in.
Unfortunately they didnt anticipate the console gamers reaction of buying a broken mess and being a bit peeved at the whole thing. the console gamers had no way of voicing this to telltale or iron galaxy because neither have any type of support apart from directing you to the fun pimps forum, where they come shouting and screaming at the fun pimps to fix their broken game that they paid their hard earned cash to buy only to be told "stfu and go complain elsewhere to telltale and iron galaxy coz they are responsible for this game " so the console part was set up for console players to vent their spleen lol

now to their credit both telltale and iron galaxy are trying to fix the situation and the broken game and trying to keep it updated to its PC counterpart. which is no mean feat considering the PC version of the game is constantly changing and will do till its finally released whenever that may be.

Will the console version ever be the same as the pc version? who knows? consoles are woefully underpowered for this game but developers do find ways of squeezing that extra bit of something out of consoles and we can only hope that iron galaxy finds a way. the game is slowly being fixed and hasn't be abandoned which is a plus lol Game development takes a long time.

I think that the decision to release on consoles has bitten them badly on the arse and the people who are solely responsible are telltale who saw a cash cow for selling DLC for characters you'll never see outside of multiplayer.....

BUT i could be totally wrong and am just a cynical old fart :D
I woud'nt call you that. The walking dead skins fit to 7dtd, I would buy them If I could see them but I can't. NukemDed I understand you, I paid 10$ and had much fun with it, and I'm not done playing. I would be ok with it if they announce today that they finished the game, but they're not. That is a lot of money they spend on this upcoming update. I wanted to play a survival game for a long time and I am finally. I watched many yt videos to find a game, until I saw this weird looking game called 7dt2. It is exactly what I was looking for. I just love that the map doesn't load because the mini bike is too fast. You know what I mean if you feel the same. But again NukemDed imo they just can't sell the game for 30 $ if it deletes the game saves. Especially when it's a game that you play one houndred hours to build and get startet. Where is the fun if I have to start again at day 1? Again, why do you compare this with lottery tickets or money? You may be a happy person with kids but lottery tickets have nothing to do with an error they never spoke about. Would you pay half the price of the movie ticket for 30 minutes watching because that is fair in price/enjoyment? Maybe I am overreacting I don't know exactly how often this error happens but they should have at least sell it as an early access game or for 10$ because this error have a huge influence on the experience. I am okay with alphas. They open opportunity's but this.. idk. Did they ever said that the game have this error? They sold it as a finished product that is my problem. And who knows when this will be fixed? Soory If you could'nt follow me German here

NukemDed
02-25-2018, 01:47 AM
hey unbeatable. i can follow your conversation fine :-)
the money side was an attempt to compare the actual cost we paid for this against similar priced discretional entertainment spends thats all. we both agree i think that we are getting value.
believe me i get frustrated with the world resets - i had a collection of almost every weapon and tool at 600 in a chest that simply vanished along with many chests packed full of resources. it was my long haul game - all gone.
but i have faith in a resolution will come. right now the people who seem to know what they are talking about are putting tje md5 crashes on not having a big enough save game file due to m$ policies. i dont see much about it on ps4 and on pc i havent had it happen for a very long time, so hopefully they will be able to overcome the m$ angle.
very windy today, too dangerous under the trees so startes another world on xbox. apparently a world totally deviod of mechanical parts.....

Un-BeatabIe
02-25-2018, 04:07 AM
hey unbeatable. i can follow your conversation fine :-)
the money side was an attempt to compare the actual cost we paid for this against similar priced discretional entertainment spends thats all. we both agree i think that we are getting value.
believe me i get frustrated with the world resets - i had a collection of almost every weapon and tool at 600 in a chest that simply vanished along with many chests packed full of resources. it was my long haul game - all gone.
but i have faith in a resolution will come. right now the people who seem to know what they are talking about are putting tje md5 crashes on not having a big enough save game file due to m$ policies. i dont see much about it on ps4 and on pc i havent had it happen for a very long time, so hopefully they will be able to overcome the m$ angle.
very windy today, too dangerous under the trees so startes another world on xbox. apparently a world totally deviod of mechanical parts.....
What a loss! We are not alone here and the dev's are maybe reading this so, I think they are happy to see you showing understanding. A little respect from my side. Have a good day

DRDOOMETERNAL
02-25-2018, 06:32 PM

Splitknuckler
02-26-2018, 02:12 PM
I love my console and 7dtd on it.... but I'm breaking down and buying a computer this week. A17 looks like it's gonna be a blast

Dayvid
02-26-2018, 03:44 PM
Anyone know anything about any npc bandit's for 7dtd? Are they coming?

Nootcaase
02-26-2018, 04:06 PM
Anyone know anything about any npc bandit's for 7dtd? Are they coming?

They might hit A17 on PC, which puts them out a long time for console.

BennyFranko
02-27-2018, 02:51 AM
Only 1 question. Will i have to start over?:upset:

Nootcaase
02-27-2018, 03:04 AM
Only 1 question. Will i have to start over?:upset:

To soon to tell. If the big changes include changes to map generation, or if new blocks are added or if current blocks are changes, then yes. If not, then possibly not.

Dayvid
02-27-2018, 03:20 PM
I love my console and 7dtd on it.... but I'm breaking down and buying a computer this week. A17 looks like it's gonna be a blast

This is what im considering doing also. But i know jack s*** about what to buy, whats best/affordable. Im gonna do some research today. I have a ps4. Im a single player gamer. Dont do much online gaming. When i was a kid, my parents wouldn't allow gaming systems or a computer in the house. Very strict. Im now 31yo and have been gaming for 4-5 years. I feel like im missing out on some good video games out there on pc like 7dtd. But i feel like an idiot when looking at computers to buy. I have a budget of about 500$ If anyone has any suggestions or opinions, thanks. And sorry if i Shouldn't have posted this. I love 7dtd and cant wait for the new goodies man.

SpicyBeef420
02-27-2018, 04:03 PM
This is what im considering doing also. But i know jack s*** about what to buy, whats best/affordable. Im gonna do some research today. I have a ps4. Im a single player gamer. Dont do much online gaming. When i was a kid, my parents wouldn't allow gaming systems or a computer in the house. Very strict. Im now 31yo and have been gaming for 4-5 years. I feel like im missing out on some good video games out there on pc like 7dtd. But i feel like an idiot when looking at computers to buy. I have a budget of about 500$ If anyone has any suggestions or opinions, thanks. And sorry if i Shouldn't have posted this. I love 7dtd and cant wait for the new goodies man.
New Ryzen 3 2200g apu $99

Grouperslayer20
02-27-2018, 07:00 PM
On day 102 and still can't find the auger make it easier to find the parts please!!!!!

Dayvid
02-27-2018, 07:30 PM
New Ryzen 3 2200g apu $99

Thank you.

MJS101104
02-27-2018, 10:54 PM
On day 102 and still can't find the auger make it easier to find the parts please!!!!!
What i I find stupid is that you need an auger blade to make an auger blade. But that's me.

Tomkillz45
02-28-2018, 12:00 AM
Hoping we get the uma zombies and towns If we do get the new uma zombies we may get part of a16 because they fixed somes bugs that came with them I am Looking forward to it

Nootcaase
02-28-2018, 12:13 AM
Hoping we get the uma zombies and towns If we do get the new uma zombies we may get part of a16 because they fixed somes bugs that came with them I am Looking forward to it

The uma zombies were in alpha 15 Abe dropped for alpha 16.

TLH069
02-28-2018, 01:12 AM
I would like to finally be able to see structures from a distance like the pc version. How cool would it be to see one of your builds from a distance Especially a mega build.
Alpha 16 is broken on pc. The AIís need to be fixed. It would make the console version go crazy. Lag would be even worse.

crazywildfire
02-28-2018, 09:31 AM
I would like to finally be able to see structures from a distance like the pc version. How cool would it be to see one of your builds from a distance Especially a mega build.
Alpha 16 is broken on pc. The AIís need to be fixed. It would make the console version go crazy. Lag would be even worse.

But you can't see personal builds from far away. If I tare down a building and build my own and get so far away the building I tore down ia what still shows up from a distance. At lrast vanilla version does anyway. If I don't build anything in its place but still tore it down a building still shows up from a distance away. Maybe it will change down the road but last I played on the pc it was working like this.

ZombieHoG
02-28-2018, 10:04 AM
But you can't see personal builds from far away. If I tare down a building and build my own and get so far away the building I tore down ia what still shows up from a distance. At lrast vanilla version does anyway. If I don't build anything in its place but still tore it down a building still shows up from a distance away. Maybe it will change down the road but last I played on the pc it was working like this.

Afaik it is. There are even two ways:
1.) let a second player be by the build (not in splitscreen, cause there's fog) or,
2.) call in screamers by your build and run away. As long the screamers are active your build should be in sight.

crazywildfire
02-28-2018, 11:32 AM
Afaik it is. There are even two ways:
1.) let a second player be by the build (not in splitscreen, cause there's fog) or,
2.) call in screamers by your build and run away. As long the screamers are active your build should be in sight.

I guess if you want to look at your building bad enough you can do it these two ways but even then for the console you still wouldn't be able to get that far away before even these two ideas wouldn't work. you could get a little far but not as far as one could if on the pc due to the limitations. But I guess we shall see when the time comes.

Splitknuckler
02-28-2018, 12:00 PM
I did it! Bought a pc. I'm the same as you, don't know jack about them. But if you look up the recommended specs to run 7dtd and show them to an "expert" (i.e. a best buy salesperson) they should be able to help. I got an amazing gaming laptop for $600. And I'm now elbows deep in A16 and LOVING it

crazywildfire
02-28-2018, 01:49 PM
I did it! Bought a pc. I'm the same as you, don't know jack about them. But if you look up the recommended specs to run 7dtd and show them to an "expert" (i.e. a best buy salesperson) they should be able to help. I got an amazing gaming laptop for $600. And I'm now elbows deep in A16 and LOVING it

That's great, don't forget you can change a lot of stuff about the game in the files. If you have any questions about how just post in the pc section and just explain what you need help and someone will help you with what to do. Or you can just play straight up vanilla version with no modification it is up to you. Also if you are up for it down the road check out some mods you can download if your laptop can handle them. Again if your not sure just ask someone will let you know. One last thing I can advise on real fast is if you are not ready to jump to the next update make sure you opt out of it until you are ready to start a new world and make sure to save the game files for back up. Have fun and hope you keep loving it.

Splitknuckler
02-28-2018, 02:12 PM
Thank you for the tips. Yea I'm going to run through vanilla first, enjoy what I've missed on console for the past year (new POI's, zeds, electricity, etc). I want to take my time and enjoy it. I've put in well over 500 hours on console so even the summer update fizzled out quick for me. I got a pretty good gaming laptop from what I understand, so I'm def looking into mods down the road. I might snatch up Big Bag and SMX....

But I guess it's time to head over to the PC section. :-/ i will never get rid of my Xbox and will come back to you guys when we get the next update! Enjoy your wood/stone farming while you can, guys (and spam crafting, if that's your thing lol)

Elitehanns
02-28-2018, 03:22 PM
Hello dev team i Wounder that the pc version are so mutch more stuff have as The Console version my question its still Working on a update from the Console version ?

And sorry for my bad Englisch :(( I Hope you know what i will say:(

Un-BeatabIe
02-28-2018, 04:10 PM
Hello dev team i Wounder that the pc version are so mutch more stuff have as The Console version my question its still Working on a update from the Console version ?

And sorry for my bad Englisch :(( I Hope you know what i will say:(Ja mindestens 1 update kommt noch, das wird aber noch ein paar Monate dauern. Da die Leistung der Konsolen aber schlechter ist bleibt offen was wir kriegen von der pc version.

TLH069
03-01-2018, 01:48 AM
For console

MadArchitect
03-01-2018, 02:11 PM
What i I find stupid is that you need an auger blade to make an auger blade. But that's me.

That was my first thought, then I found out that recipe is not to actually create an auger blade, but to increase the quality of one you already have. If I remember correctly, that is not explained in the tooltip.

*EDIT* Correction; I did a quick Google search on the Auger Blade and the crafting window for the Workbench has this description: "Used to assemble an Auger. If your science skill is high enough you can recraft and improve it at the workbench." It seems like that description doesn't quite concisely indicate that the Auger Blade recipe is an upgrade rather than a product, but that is the case.

Sato88
03-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Well damn, it's been a long time since I popped over here. Thanks for the info Claire!

GermanPatriot
03-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Ja mindestens 1 update kommt noch, das wird aber noch ein paar Monate dauern. Da die Leistung der Konsolen aber schlechter ist bleibt offen was wir kriegen von der pc version.

Es hšngt nicht wirklich von der Leistung der Konsolen ab. Allein die Gegner, die noch fehlen, spielen rechentechnisch keine Rolle, sie bestehen nur aus Werten, Texturen und ein bisschen KI. Die meisten anderen Dinge sind Objektmodelle, das Stromsystem ist auch nur simpelste Mathematik. Keiner kann mir erzšhlen, das sei technisch nicht drin. Die Konsolenversion wirft einfach weniger ab und ist mit weniger Hintergrundkapital gesegnet. Und daran sind teils auch die Deals im Playstation Store oder auf dem XB Marktplatz schuld. Halbierter Preis bedeutet auch halbierte Einnahmen.

It does not depend on the console's power. Enemies, objects, blocks and the electricity system are not more than some values (which means numbers), textures, some AI, just simple math.
No one can tell me a tale about consoles which are not powerful enough to run the ♥♥♥♥.
The PC developers have more money to care about the PC version but the console developers have less money because the console version is not the important one unfortunately. And the price drops on PSN and XB Marketplace reduce their money pool. Half the price, half the money to boost the game.

SylenThunder
03-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Es hšngt nicht wirklich von der Leistung der Konsolen ab. Allein die Gegner, die noch fehlen, spielen rechentechnisch keine Rolle, sie bestehen nur aus Werten, Texturen und ein bisschen KI. Die meisten anderen Dinge sind Objektmodelle, das Stromsystem ist auch nur simpelste Mathematik. Keiner kann mir erzšhlen, das sei technisch nicht drin. Die Konsolenversion wirft einfach weniger ab und ist mit weniger Hintergrundkapital gesegnet. Und daran sind teils auch die Deals im Playstation Store oder auf dem XB Marktplatz schuld. Halbierter Preis bedeutet auch halbierte Einnahmen.

It does not depend on the console's power. Enemies, objects, blocks and the electricity system are not more than some values (which means numbers), textures, some AI, just simple math.
No one can tell me a tale about consoles which are not powerful enough to run the ♥♥♥♥.
The PC developers have more money to care about the PC version but the console developers have less money because the console version is not the important one unfortunately. And the price drops on PSN and XB Marketplace reduce their money pool. Half the price, half the money to boost the game.
Actually, we can tell you a tale about console which are not powerful enough. And you're right, most of the issue is simple math. The console doesn't have the hardware to keep up with all of the math that is going on.

I covered this in great detail here (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62391-When-Will-the-Console-Version-Have-_______), and also a bit more over here (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72169-Dedicated-Servers-or-Increased-Player-Count-on-Console-or-Split-Screen-MP&p=773878&viewfull=1#post773878).
I will warn you though, it can get a bit technical; and you have to actually read the whole thing.

You can deny the facts all you want to. Pray to your digital gods if you wish. It won't change the hard fact that the console currently does not have the CPU power to run everything that is on the PC version.
Now, if they can optimize the game engine (Unity) on the console better like they have recently on the PC, then you will be able to start seeing more game features on the console.
As it sits right now though, adding these things isn't going to do anything except take your FPS down into the single digits or crash your system.

Also, this is an English speaking forum, so please keep your posts in English.

GermanPatriot
03-03-2018, 01:01 PM
Actually, we can tell you a tale about console which are not powerful enough. And you're right, most of the issue is simple math. The console doesn't have the hardware to keep up with all of the math that is going on.

I covered this in great detail here (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62391-When-Will-the-Console-Version-Have-_______), and also a bit more over here (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72169-Dedicated-Servers-or-Increased-Player-Count-on-Console-or-Split-Screen-MP&p=773878&viewfull=1#post773878).
I will warn you though, it can get a bit technical; and you have to actually read the whole thing.

You can deny the facts all you want to. Pray to your digital gods if you wish. It won't change the hard fact that the console currently does not have the CPU power to run everything that is on the PC version.
Now, if they can optimize the game engine (Unity) on the console better like they have recently on the PC, then you will be able to start seeing more game features on the console.
As it sits right now though, adding these things isn't going to do anything except take your FPS down into the single digits or crash your system.

I have read it and I agree with you that it is about missing optimization of the U Engine on the consoles. This might be a tough thing for the developers and it will take time to get it running perfectly (if possible) but it definately is possible to get the features running. For me it was okay to reduce graphics quality to save CPU/GPU power ot something like that as long as the features find their way into the game. PS4 Pro and XBOX 1X will be powerful enough in any case if it becomes optimized well enough and with poorer graphics it should be possible to have it running on PS4/XB1.

The post in German was translated into English right below. It was the same text in German and in English.

Ignoringmywife1
03-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Bow to your sensai..... I SAID BOW TO YOUR SENSAI!

Darkfoxx117
03-05-2018, 02:05 AM
I have read it and I agree with you that it is about missing optimization of the U Engine on the consoles. This might be a tough thing for the developers and it will take time to get it running perfectly (if possible) but it definately is possible to get the features running. For me it was okay to reduce graphics quality to save CPU/GPU power ot something like that as long as the features find their way into the game. PS4 Pro and XBOX 1X will be powerful enough in any case if it becomes optimized well enough and with poorer graphics it should be possible to have it running on PS4/XB1.

The post in German was translated into English right below. It was the same text in German and in English.

The xbox one x has an improved GPU, 7DTD is a CPU intensive game not GPU. Sylenthunder is correct.

I3elial
03-06-2018, 02:49 AM

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-pro-vs-ps4-2941086

quotes from article:

"The graphics processor (GPU) in the PS4 Pro Ė thatís the bit that generates the 3D graphics in games Ė is just over twice as powerful as that in the PS4. Sonyís also upgraded the processor, which handles things like physics and artificial intelligence in games.

Sony claims the new PS4 Pro can run at 4.2 teraflops, compared to the 1.84 teraflops of the original PS4
Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-pro-vs-ps4-2941086#QESL1r4jfoEfJShG.99"

While I agree that even with the new specs, PS4 pro will not meet the "recommended" Quad Core setup of PC, that the ram is short, but there is no way that that explains the shortness of 7dtd for console.

Imho, of course, it is far more reasonable to expect that the red-tape by SONY/M-Soft, and their respective system processes that causes problems and slows development. It is not a lack of power, but simply the amount of hoops that need to be jumped through to get anything done with a highly regulated, patented, and copyrighted system.

Ignoringmywife1
03-06-2018, 03:32 PM
It's the same hardware just over clocked.

Wjiiv
03-07-2018, 03:40 PM
Umm...they never said we were or were not getting everything that pc has, in fact we have things the pc version doesnt, like split screen. The reason pc has more stuff now is because they arent releasing the new betas on console, for hopefully obvious porting reasons. So until they are actually done updating and actually have a full release on pc might be best to reserve those judgements. Just my 2 cents.

Nootcaase
03-07-2018, 06:26 PM
Umm...they never said we were or were not getting everything that pc has, in fact we have things the pc version doesnt, like split screen. The reason pc has more stuff now is because they arent releasing the new betas on console, for hopefully obvious porting reasons. So until they are actually done updating and actually have a full release on pc might be best to reserve those judgements. Just my 2 cents.

We don't get a new alpha untilit is stable enough to be considered finished. I'm willing to bet we will see more A16 content in the indicated big update. More pointedly, we will likely get just about everything except the sky scrapers due to the way things load on console.

SylenThunder
03-07-2018, 07:33 PM
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-pro-vs-ps4-2941086

quotes from article:

"The graphics processor (GPU) in the PS4 Pro Ė thatís the bit that generates the 3D graphics in games Ė is just over twice as powerful as that in the PS4. Sonyís also upgraded the processor, which handles things like physics and artificial intelligence in games.

Sony claims the new PS4 Pro can run at 4.2 teraflops, compared to the 1.84 teraflops of the original PS4
Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-pro-vs-ps4-2941086#QESL1r4jfoEfJShG.99"

While I agree that even with the new specs, PS4 pro will not meet the "recommended" Quad Core setup of PC, that the ram is short, but there is no way that that explains the shortness of 7dtd for console.

Imho, of course, it is far more reasonable to expect that the red-tape by SONY/M-Soft, and their respective system processes that causes problems and slows development. It is not a lack of power, but simply the amount of hoops that need to be jumped through to get anything done with a highly regulated, patented, and copyrighted system.
Unity clocks on the CPU, and RAM. Not on the GPU. So the Pro specs only help GPU intensive games like Ark. For a voxel game like this one, it doesn't do it any favors. Which I outlined quite clearly in the sticky thread.

Sony and MS need to quit cheaping out on console players, and actually improve the core hardware. Pro and XB1 were both huge disappointments for the future of console gaming.

Nootcaase
03-07-2018, 11:21 PM
Sony and MS need to quit cheaping out on console players, and actually improve the core hardware. Pro and XB1 were both huge disappointments for the future of console gaming.

It's all about making the majority of games released look better for the console companies. Vocal games are out numbered by FPS, sports, and driving games.

crazywildfire
03-08-2018, 02:26 PM
Unity clocks on the CPU, and RAM. Not on the GPU. So the Pro specs only help GPU intensive games like Ark. For a voxel game like this one, it doesn't do it any favors. Which I outlined quite clearly in the sticky thread.

I thought it was pretty clear. I don't think you can explain it any better in the many threads that it has been brought up and you have explained and also the sticky threads you have explained.

I would like to also point out when I play on pc and my friend tries to play they have just as much problems as console does. The pc they play on is just bare minimum on the pc specs so just because they meet the minimum specs does not mean it runs good. So if you look at it yes console is just short of the minimum specs but it is far from the recommended specs. Either way console is still under power for this specific game. I am still amazed at what they have donever so far with what they have to work with for console but it does not shock me at all as to why it has the problems it has.

skippy0330
03-08-2018, 07:44 PM

Consoles are underpowered, big time. period. They throw everything into GPU, so that console users can have "shiny" graphics, on static games like Call of duty, or Ark. Some console users have no clue, what vox games take up on the unit. I challenge anyone that says 7 days should run better, to play minecraft on console, than come back and tell me how vox games work.

DragonFyre
03-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Consoles are underpowered, big time. period. They throw everything into GPU, so that console users can have "shiny" graphics, on static games like Call of duty, or Ark. Some console users have no clue, what vox games take up on the unit. I challenge anyone that says 7 days should run better, to play minecraft on console, than come back and tell me how vox games work.

If I recall correctly, Minecraft has a limited height map and world size on the console because it wasn't able to support the same size maps they have on the PC.

Nootcaase
03-08-2018, 08:41 PM
If I recall correctly, Minecraft has a limited height map and world size on the console because it wasn't able to support the same size maps they have on the PC.

Minecraft does not run the calculations that 7 Days does. Hence in Minecraft you can have floating bases.

SylenThunder
03-09-2018, 12:25 AM
Minecraft does not run the calculations that 7 Days does. Hence in Minecraft you can have floating bases.
Which is kind of the point he was making I think.

Even as simple as minecraft is for a voxel game, the console was unable to manage the same capabilities as it can on the PC version. Because of the hardware limitations on the consoles.

Here's a short comparison of the versions.

PC
Console Original
Console Bedrock Edition

World Size
30 million blocks in each direction
864 blocks in each direction*
5,120 blocks in each direction

Height Map
256 blocks
64 blocks
256 blocks

Block Types
All
Limited
Almost all

Mods
Yes
No
Unknown

*The original release on consoles was a mere 256 blocks in each direction, and then later updated to 864.

It's been said that the textures are a higher quality on the PC version, but I don't have any reference for that.

LONEWOLF231
03-09-2018, 12:38 AM
Speaking of Unity. That engine got recently updated for FULL Xbox One X support. https://blogs.unity3d.com/2017/08/14/unity-for-xbox-one-x/
I think its time someone updated their engine.

Nootcaase
03-09-2018, 02:51 AM
Which is kind of the point he was making I think.

Even as simple as minecraft is for a voxel game, the console was unable to manage the same capabilities as it can on the PC version. Because of the hardware limitations on the consoles.

Here's a short comparison of the versions.

PC
Console Original
Console Bedrock Edition

World Size
30 million blocks in each direction
864 blocks in each direction*
5,120 blocks in each direction

Height Map
256 blocks
64 blocks
256 blocks

Block Types
All
Limited
Almost all

Mods
Yes
No
Unknown

*The original release on consoles was a mere 256 blocks in each direction, and then later updated to 864.

It's been said that the textures are a higher quality on the PC version, but I don't have any reference for that.

Yeah I just read his post wrong, to be honest.

Gmad03
03-11-2018, 10:02 AM
So @ Clare any chance of a nice developer update of any kind. No video needed just a reply will suffice.

Maybe talking about some of the additions to console thatís nearly finished for the new update. Any news and update talk is appreciated thanks

- - - Updated - - -

So @ Clare any chance of a nice developer update of any kind. No video needed just a reply will suffice.

Maybe talking about some of the additions to console thatís nearly finished for the new update. Any news and update talk is appreciated thanks

cpitts40
03-11-2018, 05:11 PM
wish we could at least get an update with some bug fixes. used to get one once a month or 2 but now seems like we are not getting any bug fixes.

Wjiiv
03-11-2018, 10:40 PM
I dont think people understand what they are talking about when they say console makers are cheaping out when they are selling a system for 300$ vs 3000 for a decent computer.

Nootcaase
03-12-2018, 02:18 AM
I dont think people understand what they are talking about when they say console makers are cheaping out when they are selling a system for 300$ vs 3000 for a decent computer.

Well whasy he is saying is that instead of going with more expensive parts that would allow better handling of a wider variety of games, console manufacturers prefer to stick with the cheapest parts that will allow the more popular "rinse and repeat" games to function with the latest shiny wrapper.

Nootcaase
03-12-2018, 02:22 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Information about anything is a slippery slope. If they start talking about additions, it would be awesome. Except later on, they could find out that planned addition just wont work, and then you'll. See all kinds of angry posts about promises not being made.

At this point, I'd bet they are working in getting solid information about what can be added. Once they are certain, then we will get more news.

SylenThunder
03-12-2018, 10:34 AM
You can get a decent PC for around $750. The hardware equivalent of a console is about $250 in current PC specs. If you want a good gaming laptop, it's under $1800. If you're spending $3000 on a PC, you're doing it wrong.

The truth is that RAM is cheap, and doubling the CPU ability wouldn't have cost them considerably more, since the architecture is still the same. I'd happily shell out $500 for a new console that actually had upgraded hardware. Changing the price from $250 to $400 just because you dropped an upgraded GPU into it is a complete rip off. (Admittedly they increase the RAM from 8 to 12 in the XB1x, but the new architecture runs slower than the old did.)

We're really starting to get off-topic here though.

Gmad03
03-13-2018, 01:39 AM
At this point the should already have solid info. They should be pretty far into the content patch development. Last console content update was September or October same time pc got a16. The. Maybe November or December a16.4 came out which is when pc dev said here you go to console dev. Probably.

So they are at least 3 months into developing the new content patch which Iím not sure of how the whole process is done but console devs just need to add and modify the existing models/ designs that the pc devs made. Iím sure there is way more to it that I have no idea about. But I would imagine it shouldnít take much longer since pc devs do most of the work and the console devs just need to port and see what works then optimize/ bug fix the best they can.

To reiterate I donít know how the whole process works. Just my thoughts and speculation

Nootcaase
03-13-2018, 03:20 AM
At this point the should already have solid info. They should be pretty far into the content patch development. Last console content update was September or October same time pc got a16. The. Maybe November or December a16.4 came out which is when pc dev said here you go to console dev. Probably.

So they are at least 3 months into developing the new content patch which Iím not sure of how the whole process is done but console devs just need to add and modify the existing models/ designs that the pc devs made. Iím sure there is way more to it that I have no idea about. But I would imagine it shouldnít take much longer since pc devs do most of the work and the console devs just need to port and see what works then optimize/ bug fix the best they can.

To reiterate I donít know how the whole process works. Just my thoughts and speculation

There us more to it than that for sure. They have to go through all the code and find out what the consoles can handle first and foremost. Then, they have to make sure the new content will work with the base OS, since the PS4 does not run on a windows platform. And they have to be sure the new content doesn't cause issues with the current content. And while that may seem silly since it should be the same code as PC, it's not. The game still has to work with the base OS of each console. On top.of that, I do believe they try iron out some.of.the existing bugs from the PC version to keep those bugs from making the jump.

SylenThunder
03-13-2018, 10:19 AM
There us more to it than that for sure. They have to go through all the code and find out what the consoles can handle first and foremost. Then, they have to make sure the new content will work with the base OS, since the PS4 does not run on a windows platform. And they have to be sure the new content doesn't cause issues with the current content. And while that may seem silly since it should be the same code as PC, it's not. The game still has to work with the base OS of each console. On top.of that, I do believe they try iron out some.of.the existing bugs from the PC version to keep those bugs from making the jump.
Not to mention the challenge of upgrading everything to a newer version of the Unity game engine. (I'm assuming that they will be doing that, but have no solid information on it.)

There are many reasons that can draw out the build process for an update. Not to mention that changing one bit of code to fix an issue can suddenly turn into 50 other things to working like they should. We've seen this happen more than once for the dupe fixes.

Iginecko5982
03-13-2018, 01:44 PM
When will the update on xbox or write me or do it

dustipher
03-13-2018, 03:20 PM
9 Months since last content update. 3 months since last patch... Surely TT and TFP gonna breathe some life into the console 7dtd soon! :(

Haven't played for months, but with some tasty new content I'll be diving back in...

Let us just hope that landmines on/off option is in with the next update XD

Iginecko5982
03-13-2018, 07:30 PM
dustipher between consoles (xbox, PS) is a big difference in the PS4 version is more current than xbox. The Xbox ONE version is 1.0.18.0 This version is pretty old that there is not much there

ShaneWalsh
03-14-2018, 02:28 AM
9 Months since last content update. 3 months since last patch... Surely TT and TFP gonna breathe some life into the console 7dtd soon! :(

Haven't played for months, but with some tasty new content I'll be diving back in...

Let us just hope that landmines on/off option is in with the next update XD

Me too, I stopped playing. But if they had the Motorcycle, Jeep and Heli..........That would be incredible. I like the game I really do, But I have been playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. Great Title

crazywildfire
03-14-2018, 06:15 AM
Me too, I stopped playing. But if they had the Motorcycle, Jeep and Heli..........That would be incredible. I like the game I really do, But I have been playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. Great Title

Pc doesn't even have that option on the vanilla version. Not saying they wont put it in but just doubt they will. As far as the other stuff those are things pc doesn't have yet that is still being worked on with the current alpha they are putting together so I know for a fact that stuff isn't coming to console yet with a chance of never coming to console. Best not to get hopes up until it is announced. You never know this next big update could be the last update for console. Nobody knows one way or the other.

Damselx1
03-14-2018, 06:27 AM
dustipher between consoles (xbox, PS) is a big difference in the PS4 version is more current than xbox. The Xbox ONE version is 1.0.18.0 This version is pretty old that there is not much there

The PS4 is on 1.18 - it's the same version as Xbox; the only difference I know of is that we can make metal letters - Xbox didn't have those (though you may have them now).

Ignoringmywife1
03-14-2018, 03:35 PM
No we still dont I'm pretty sure.

Anderfaller
03-14-2018, 06:42 PM
please do not abandon the xbox players, we like the game a lot and want it to continue to evolve.

TheOnlyOne
03-14-2018, 09:12 PM
The console updates,new content,it's dead. We are going to get ONE more update,and thats it,and i hope it's not traps and other stuff that cause lag.

DragonFyre
03-14-2018, 09:29 PM
The console updates,new content,it's dead. We are going to get ONE more update,and thats it...
Love how someone with absolutely no inside knowledge or authority was able to share this very critical information with us.

I'm sure there is an award for this kind of idiocy somewhere, I'm just too smart to find it.

Murkster
03-15-2018, 06:28 AM
Perhaps it is a hidden award, a secret or an easter egg....

:smile-new:

Come on bigboi
03-15-2018, 01:59 PM
Claire I donít suppose you know a time frame of realise please we are all wanna hop back on 7 days too die itís just bland at the moment so I think everyone here would appreciate it if you can give us a little information or a month an update will come out thank you

ZombieHoG
03-15-2018, 02:31 PM
Claire I don’t suppose you know a time frame of realise please we are all wanna hop back on 7 days too die it’s just bland at the moment so I think everyone here would appreciate it if you can give us a little information or a month an update will come out thank you

Claire is gonna tell us as soon as she knows, i'm pretty damn sure.
Btw: i'm still playing 7d2d (exclusively since Aug 2016)

Come on bigboi
03-15-2018, 03:47 PM
Thatís you I know a few people who stopped playing full stop because of base reset issues lack of attention too the game all sorts

Master_Elizibs
03-15-2018, 05:42 PM
I would imagine within the next year or so.

It should also be noted that four years in development is actually pretty short for a game of this nature. Usually you wouldn't have access to it until the Beta stage, but EA has changed that.

If you guys do Beta, where do you sign up for testing? If I only have console version do I get a key to plat the beta on PC until you no longer need me to test Stuff?

If so:

1. Would I be testing the Console version, as its stated here that that version is considered completed so that means the testing would be for PC correct?
2. The diagram above says there are certain restrictions and such, what are those? I can only test and then my progress is reset or I have to relinquish my Key?

crazywildfire
03-15-2018, 06:03 PM
If you guys do Beta, where do you sign up for testing? If I only have console version do I get a key to plat the beta on PC until you no longer need me to test Stuff?

If so:

1. Would I be testing the Console version, as its stated here that that version is considered completed so that means the testing would be for PC correct?
2. The diagram above says there are certain restrictions and such, what are those? I can only test and then my progress is reset or I have to relinquish my Key?

Console does not have a test stage whatever you want to call it. You play console version same time as everyone else when the update releases.

If you have a pc that can run the game then you have to buy the game for pc. I don't think the test phase is what you are thinking. Anyone can jump on and play the pc version. When they release update to the current alpha they are on everyone that plays pc will get that update. When they release the next alpha then everyone will get that alpha. If you come across bugs or glitches or something not doing what the developers intended then you can go to the pc section here in the forums and report it. You also can play any alpha after one of them as I don't have my computer in front of me and can't remember what alpha it is but like guessing here alpha 8 or 11 and play any of those. You can jump to the current one and play it. You don't have to move to the next update until ready but if you do then you will need to restart a new map. Be sure to copy the world you was playing if you do want to go back and play on it. Also you could download many mods that some really cool nice people have put together to spice up the game. The choice is up to you. But they don't have what I think you are talking about for either as like a testing team only thing.

Jadesteele
03-17-2018, 03:38 AM
please, can we keep it straight - both the pc and console versions are still in development. As much as I'd also like to have stuff like the electric system or extra zom's on console, they have to finalise them and tweak them on the pc before they can be released on console - after all, pc's are where games are written. yes, if you are impatient, then by all means switch to pc, but that doesn't guarantee that what you get is 100% ready or finished - just what is being tried out at the time. personally, I enjoy playing the current console version, and am prepared to wait for the good stuff to be ready...

TheNeoReaper
03-17-2018, 05:24 AM
please, can we keep it straight - both the pc and console versions are still in development. As much as I'd also like to have stuff like the electric system or extra zom's on console, they have to finalise them and tweak them on the pc before they can be released on console - after all, pc's are where games are written. yes, if you are impatient, then by all means switch to pc, but that doesn't guarantee that what you get is 100% ready or finished - just what is being tried out at the time. personally, I enjoy playing the current console version, and am prepared to wait for the good stuff to be ready...

The console version was sold as a full release.

crazywildfire
03-17-2018, 06:30 AM

Read around some please. Console is not in development. From the console team themselves said console is a finished game. They would try to match to pc as close as they can but they have no guarantee that they can keep adding more content because of the console limitations.

so no matter how you want to think or how you feel about it this isn't going to change anything. Console is a finished game. The pc and console are two different games but the same at the same time. This next big update could very well be the last update console gets while the pc keeps on going. When it comes down to it we will have to wait and see what happens. If console gets more updates great but don't get hopes up and be disappointed if it isn't able to get more.

LegendaryRecon0
03-18-2018, 02:31 AM
I hope we get paint books so I can paint all my new building

RuttedLightning
03-18-2018, 11:09 AM
wait....consoles are still a thing? My ps4 hasn't been turned on in months.....maybe I should hit the power button for old time sake

Pvt Partts227
03-19-2018, 11:45 AM
I personally stopped playing due to constant crashes that happen every 30mins. The game will run steady starting new world up till day 2 or day 3 while splitscreening then it will crash the first time at the 2hr Mark. After I reload the game and go through the stupid settings clearing cach and so on the game will crash every 30mins. 30 mins isn't alot of time to do anything in a game. This games been out for over a year on console and it still crashes and full of bugs. Pubg been out 3 months of preview and yes there's bugs but I never crash in that game. Fix this game Please..... I type this way not out of hate but out of love for this game.

Rastapog
03-19-2018, 02:51 PM
WB all !

Waou last patch of 7 days 12/13/2017 ... The game was abadonned buy TTG ?? I sell it, & i think it's a not an error.... Patch after patch, only bug correction, 0 real multi player ...

But i'm curious for this "big update"

Come on bigboi
03-19-2018, 06:21 PM
Hi all,

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

------------------

Claire is there anything you can give us (information) such as what month it be released or whatís in the update or just anything please I personally think the console community has for got about the game few people have stopped playing it so this could be the update that bring 7 days to life again

irjvik
03-20-2018, 03:06 AM
Hey all, Clare can't tell us what she doesn't know.

Short answer :
She does her best to keep us in touch.
I know we are their customers, but as a former dev I also know any big update needs a lot of work ... and also uncertainty.

Claire is there anything you can give us (information) such as what month it be released or what’s in the update or just anything please
Clare can't, but a fortune teller will !

Now the long anwser :
The devs are currently working on a big PC update. They have a "to do" list. Some features will be implemented, some will be discarded or heavily modified.
So even on PC now, they can't be sure for example their cool gyrocopter will be in finished update. Having unfindable bugs or technical problems such as "this library cannot handle it without crashing anyways" on any programming is alas routine.
Once the PC update is finished, they have to select parts to pass on Iron Galaxy in order to port it to console. Only the most stable ones will be selected.
Iron Galaxy will port the patch, and may (aka will in fact) encounter difficulties doing so, so some features may be added and/or removed due to technical problems/restraints and/or headhache bugging.
Once Iron Galaxy has finished the port, they can tell Clare "you can tell your console players <features list>"
If they tell any feature before this point, they promise to deliver us, and it could backfire (aka QQ on this forum) if they can't implement it for any reason.

So please be patient, wait for the devs to work. We console users are not left behind, that's matters. We *will* have our update.

A last word (strictly gameplay speaking, bugs are another story) : instead of hyping for an update, I recommend to play the 7DTD game "as is" now, as in a few weeks or months, the update will be live and the current way of playing 7DTD will be history, you will be playing another game with the same title and the same graphics, but another gameplay.
Remember the "pre-workbench" time, we could craft things up to quality 600 and repair them to 100% with repair skill and perks maxed (and we could pick up landmines too :rapture:).
This 7DTD gameplay is now history, and there is no way to play it again. DLCs are optional, but updates are mandatory on next-gen consoles.
So enjoy the game at its current state, as in a while current gameplay will be gone for good.

Thank you for having read my opinion..

George88
03-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Hi all,

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

------------------

That is awesome news...I love 7 days to die..it's my favoritest game ...thanks

Ignoringmywife1
03-21-2018, 11:00 PM
Joel posted a new video showing alpha 17 stuff again. Looks AMAZING.

SylenThunder
03-22-2018, 10:15 AM
Joel posted a new video showing alpha 17 stuff again. Looks AMAZING.
Just keep in mind that if that content ever makes it to the consoles, it will likely be a very long time from now.

Ignoringmywife1
03-22-2018, 03:33 PM
Yea... still fun to watch. But I'm already aware it will be a year if it ever makes it at all. I've been playing the game since it came out on console and I'm very aware of the time between updates, believe me.

Smokey McFisher
03-22-2018, 09:32 PM
Im sorry but it seems the "news" thread is just full of people asking when is it coming. Very hard to find news hidden in all the pages of junk. Could we pls keep news about news and other stuff in the right area? Just saying.

Gmad03
03-22-2018, 09:39 PM
The 1st page is news other than that there is no new news and no timeframe for when we can expect some.

crazywildfire
03-23-2018, 10:19 AM
The 1st page is news other than that there is no new news and no timeframe for when we can expect some.

This

When new news comes it most likely will not be put in this topic. A new one will be started and again will be on the first page of that one.

Dayvid
03-23-2018, 06:27 PM
Had a dream last night consisting of me watching the download progress of the new upcoming update for my ps4. Needless to say, i awoke very disappointed. Probably from checking this forum daily lol.

Man from Kent
03-23-2018, 07:56 PM
Has anyone got any idea when this update will come out based on previous updates? Will it be days, weeks, months or years?

cpitts40
03-23-2018, 08:30 PM
Has anyone got any idea when this update will come out based on previous updates? Will it be days, weeks, months or years?

probably won't get a content update until after Alpha 17 releases on PC.

irjvik
03-23-2018, 09:32 PM
Not needed anymore due to SylenThunder post.

P.S. : Thank you SylenThunder, now I know what will and what will not happen to the console version of 7DTD.

SylenThunder
03-23-2018, 09:32 PM
probably won't get a content update until after Alpha 17 releases on PC.
Considering that completely separate companies are doing the work, why on earth would you think that?

The Fun Pimps = PC version that is still in Alpha development.

TellTale ~ Iron Galaxy = Console version which mostly needs bug fixes atm, not new development.

Ignoringmywife1
03-23-2018, 09:51 PM
Well in the past... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how it worked? Pc gets an update then they would give the stable stuff to ig and ttg. So I think that's why he assumed that.

Also if this is going to be it then I don't think I'm going to be playing on console any more. It's getting boring.

cpitts40
03-24-2018, 01:48 AM
Considering that completely separate companies are doing the work, why on earth would you think that?

The Fun Pimps = PC version that is still in Alpha development.

TellTale ~ Iron Galaxy = Console version which mostly needs bug fixes atm, not new development.

cause the zombie AI is broken in alpha 16 and supposedly getting fixed in alpha 17. I mean they could release small parts of alpha 16 on consoles but why not wait until something like that is fixed. they are also changing terrain, some models, updating the game engine, etc. costs money to release each content update so it would be better to release as few as possible.

SylenThunder
03-24-2018, 02:04 AM
Well in the past... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how it worked? Pc gets an update then they would give the stable stuff to ig and ttg. So I think that's why he assumed that.Also if this is going to be it then I don't think I'm going to be playing on console any more. It's getting boring.Well guess what I spent the last two hours doing? LOL You made me curious.
(Yes, I spent my Friday night making this table. Yes, I enjoyed it. I'm strange. :smile-new:)

Since the console version is originally based off a14 stable, we'll use it as our primary marker.

(The table is in the below post because it became too many characters for one post all by itself.)

SylenThunder
03-24-2018, 02:06 AM
PC Version

Released

Console Version

Released

Alpha 14 (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?39055-Alpha-14-hits-the-streets!)

3/26/2016

Alpha 14.7 Stable (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?42274-Alpha-14-7-Stable-Is-Out!)

6/20/2016

Release (1.0)

6/28/2016

Patch 1 (1.01)

7/5/2016

Patch 2 (1.02?)

8/9/2016

DLC

8/16/2016

Patch 3 (1.03?)

9/6/2016

Patch 3.1 (1.05)

9/13/2016

DLC

9/20/2016

Patch 4 (1.06)

10/4/2016

Alpha 15 (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52758-Alpha-15-Stable-is-out!)

10/5/2016

DLC

10/18/2016

Patch 5 (1.07)

11/8/2016

Patch 6 (1.08) (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?57159-12-14-Message-from-the-Team-Patch-6-Live-Today-(notes-included))

12/14/2016

Patch 7 (1.10) (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?58678-01-24-Message-from-the-Team-Patch-7-LIVE-at-12pm-PST-Today!)

1/24/2017

Alpha 15.2 Stable (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?59201-Alpha-15-2-is-out!)

2/4/2017

Patch 8 (1.11)

3/14/2017

Patch 9 (1.12)

4/11/2017

Patch 9.1 (1.13)

4/18/2017

Patch 10 (1.14) (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?65771-06-27-Message-from-the-Team-Summer-Update-1-Patch-10)

6/27/2017

Alpha 16 (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?67717-Alpha-16-is-out!)

7/12/201

Patch 10.1 (1.15)

7/14/2017

Patch 11 (1.16) (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72864-09-02-Message-from-the-Team-Summer-Update-2-Patch-11-Notes)

9/2/2017

Patch 12 (1.17)

10/20/2017

Alpha 16.4 Stable (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76154-Alpha-16-4-Stable-Bug-Report-thread)
10/26/2017

Patch 13 (1.18)

12/13/2017

Avg. days between release
Avg. days between Patch

Days since last release
Days since last Patch

All console dates highlighted in green received Alpha 15 release content.

SylenThunder
03-24-2018, 02:09 AM
Now for the PC, I'm only counting "stable" branches. Technically each primary build wasn't exactly stable, but it was the first of the build. (Technically, none of the alpha builds are fully stable. It is an Alpha after all.)

As you can see from the chart, the console received content from the (then current) PC alpha 15 version while it was still being heavily developed by TFP. Patch 10 "Summer update" had a larger amount of content than the previous builds, but it wasn't the first with a15 content by far. The distance between Patches 6 and 7 were longer than average at about 45 days, and from 9 to 10 was about 70 days. So it is reasonable to assume that they were working on ways to add the extra content during that time.Based on this information, and the extensive period since the last patch, I'd estimate that there is a content update coming.
HOWEVER.... Don't be getting your hopes up on a16 content. You still don't have all of what landed in a15, and a lot of the content in a16 is not currently feasible on the consoles due to hardware limitations.
I do sincerely hope that the next update is a complete re-work on the Unity engine to the latest version. Primarily because that will allow the console to get a lot of the features that are currently in the PC version.

The majority of the console updates have been bug fixes though. Largely due to the data provided by you, the community.

SylenThunder
03-24-2018, 02:20 AM
cause the zombie AI is broken in alpha 16 and supposedly getting fixed in alpha 17. I mean they could release small parts of alpha 16 on consoles but why not wait until something like that is fixed. they are also changing terrain, some models, updating the game engine, etc. costs money to release each content update so it would be better to release as few as possible.
The only really broken part specific to a16 is their sense of smell. Sadly that does affect a lot of the AI responses at night, so they aren't a whole lot of a challenge without modifying the client.

Keep in mind also, that you guys still haven't seen a lot of the RWG terrain updates from a15 yet either. I especially don't see things like electricity hitting consoles until two things happen. First, that the console gets the Unity 2017 optimization update. (Which will require a LOT of re-coding by IG.) Second, that it is mostly bug-free in the PC version. We've still got a lot of work yet to be done on electricity.

Again (because I think I said this a moment ago), given the immense amount of time since the last console update, I sincerely hope that they are working on the Unity engine upgrade, and adding a lot more of the content and POI's that we have currently on the PC.

Only time will tell though. We won't know anything until they allow Claire to release the information. Be assured that I am as much on the edge of my seat waiting for the "[##/##] Message from the Team - Patch 14 Submitted!" thread as you are.

irjvik
03-24-2018, 03:20 AM
Nice work SylenThunder !
Alas, many players are lurking PC forums and are expecting (aka hyped to see) PC features to arrive on consoles.
Consoles are NOT PC, and consoles players and expectations are NOT PC ones.
I just hope with your posts players will have a more detailed view of what's happens.

But I just fear some console players have a head as hard as a Feral zombie, no matter how told, they can't understand console version is an a14 guaranteed and *maybe* *some* a15+ features.

crazywildfire
03-24-2018, 01:56 PM
Nice work SylenThunder !
Alas, many players are lurking PC forums and are expecting (aka hyped to see) PC features to arrive on consoles.
Consoles are NOT PC, and consoles players and expectations are NOT PC ones.
I just hope with your posts players will have a more detailed view of what's happens.

But I just fear some console players have a head as hard as a Feral zombie, no matter how told, they can't understand console version is an a14 guaranteed and *maybe* *some* a15+ features.

It gets explained all the time but some don't take time to read and the ones that do just don't understand for many different reasons.

NukemDed
03-25-2018, 01:14 AM
very interesting s.t.
thanks for the effort compiling that.
i play pc and xbox so an interesting table for sure.
ps remind me not to argue with you as someone who does that sort of research is usually correct...

skippy0330
03-25-2018, 06:32 PM
The only really broken part specific to a16 is their sense of smell. Sadly that does affect a lot of the AI responses at night, so they aren't a whole lot of a challenge without modifying the client.

Keep in mind also, that you guys still haven't seen a lot of the RWG terrain updates from a15 yet either. I especially don't see things like electricity hitting consoles until two things happen. First, that the console gets the Unity 2017 optimization update. (Which will require a LOT of re-coding by IG.) Second, that it is mostly bug-free in the PC version. We've still got a lot of work yet to be done on electricity.

Again (because I think I said this a moment ago), given the immense amount of time since the last console update, I sincerely hope that they are working on the Unity engine upgrade, and adding a lot more of the content and POI's that we have currently on the PC.

Only time will tell though. We won't know anything until they allow Claire to release the information. Be assured that I am as much on the edge of my seat waiting for the "[##/##] Message from the Team - Patch 14 Submitted!" thread as you are.

I'm going to go ahead and correct you there, big time.

Alpha 16
Electricity is broken, causes major lag, esp solar. even worse on servers (most remove electritiy to maintain stability)
Multiplayer reach is around 3-4 meters for zombies, making melee almost impossible
The AI is broke to the point that running zombies are now easier and less of a challenge than the walking zombies.
Multiplayer issues are plenty, including ones like, large gardens will lag out the whole server when being picked. tree farms will do the same. Constant chunks breaking and have to be reset. regions having to be deleted and replaced.
Players getting stuck in creating player screen (still)
Most multiplayer servers still won't use minibikes, as they drop through the world and spam the console with error codes.

there are many, many more issues with alpha 16.

I know you're a moderator, but there is no reason to sugar coat A16 for console players. IMO console is a FAR superior version of the game, on the grounds that it works, and does what it's supposed to :)

I play both versions, it's really cool checking out new content that needs to be fixed, but at the same time, it's nice knowing that I can pick up the controller, and not have to deal with the same issues I do on pc.

Ignoringmywife1
03-25-2018, 06:45 PM
Keep up the good work skippy. I watch you on youtube. I use elevators in all my builds now because of you.

drakeheart20
03-26-2018, 02:49 AM
Hi all,

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

------------------
lol going take a full yr and a half again for that update right.Clare I mean afterall the first major update toke 1yr and 6months Ik cuz I bought it day one just like the pc I ain't complaining.Like I said I got it on pc but still toke ages lol but I supported u guys since day one on steam and will keep doing so regardless lol

crazywildfire
03-26-2018, 10:33 AM
lol going take a full yr and a half again for that update right.Clare I mean afterall the first major update toke 1yr and 6months Ik cuz I bought it day one just like the pc I ain't complaining.Like I said I got it on pc but still toke ages lol but I supported u guys since day one on steam and will keep doing so regardless lol

I know you said you are not complaining but just want to point out that it didn't take 1 yr and 6 months to get a update. As it shows either up above or on previous page console got several updates. They have no choice but wait for things to get stable first on pc before taking that to console or console would not even be able to play at all even if the game does what it is doing now. It would be way worse if things wasn't stable on pc. Does this mean it is finished stable no just means stable of course changes can still be made and such. But pretty much most update added something new and didn't take 1 yr and 6 months.

Ignoringmywife1
03-26-2018, 03:31 PM
Wish someone would do something about the md5, characer resets, people not being able to conect and the crashes every hour and thirty min. All probems since day one.

SylenThunder
03-26-2018, 03:44 PM
Wish someone would do something about the md5, characer resets, people not being able to conect and the crashes every hour and thirty min. All probems since day one.
They have made considerable progress with that. Consider that they started out having to narrow the issue down from several hundred thousand possible triggers. MS could make the job a lot easier, but won't.

Almost every single patch has provided fixes for possible triggers. It's just hard to narrow them all down and eliminate them 100% when you have so many to fight.

Connecting issues are typically narrowed down to local network issues, ISP issues, or even just the internet being what it is. A lot of console players aren't able to do the full depth of troubleshooting required to definitively narrow down the issue either. Which doesn't help at all in determining whether it's just a connectivity problem with the internet, or something in the client itself.

The regular crashing is definitely odd. See it more on the Xbox than we do on the PS4, and there are several hardware possibilities that could be causing it, in addition to possible client code. The thing with console though, is that you can't upload an error log for troubleshooting. makes it hard to narrow down the cause of the issue.
Since the game is very resource heavy on CPU and RAM, always make sure that your console has extremely good airflow when playing.

ShaneWalsh
03-26-2018, 06:01 PM
So what can we expect on Consoles in this patch. Thanks

sandman2838
03-26-2018, 06:54 PM
So what can we expect on Consoles in this patch. Thanks

Zombie Giraffes!

Actually, if you read this thread from the beginning, before it got off topic; there are several things in the works, but nothing specific has been released. I am sure once anything specific about a new update is available a new thread will be started.

Hunterl185
03-27-2018, 01:58 AM
if anything comes to console in this update...i want it to be electricity(the lights, traps, etc.)

MadArchitect
03-27-2018, 12:06 PM
if anything comes to console in this update...i want it to be electricity(the lights, traps, etc.)

I especially don't see things like electricity hitting consoles until two things happen. First, that the console gets the Unity 2017 optimization update. (Which will require a LOT of re-coding by IG.) Second, that it is mostly bug-free in the PC version. We've still got a lot of work yet to be done on electricity.

Mchappy
03-27-2018, 12:45 PM
Hi all,

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

------------------

Thanks better then no info at all and will we be able to keep the same save game file or will we have to start a new save game file

ZombieHoG
03-27-2018, 01:10 PM
The last large content-upgrade involved a new game to experience. I think, with a new large update it will be the same. Nevertheless, you still can play your old saves (without the updated content). Keep in mind: This is an assumption of mine!

woods_man999
03-28-2018, 05:53 AM
Will we ever get a boat or raft for the water

Renne kalauskas
03-28-2018, 08:14 AM
I doubt

SylenThunder
03-28-2018, 10:47 AM
Will we ever get a boat or raft for the water
It's been talked about for the PC build, and has been stated that maybe after water is fixed we might see something. For the consoles, you're looking at sometime in 2020 at the earliest.

Pvt Partts227
03-28-2018, 02:18 PM
I give up on this game. Been waiting for like a year.

ShaneWalsh
03-28-2018, 10:00 PM

The game is still in Alpha? Why users have to pay full price for a game still in development? Not try to be an ass, Just curious. Anyways, Im hoping for a decent update worth coming back too.

SylenThunder
03-28-2018, 10:44 PM
The game is still in Alpha? Why users have to pay full price for a game still in development? Not try to be an ass, Just curious. Anyways, Im hoping for a decent update worth coming back too.
The PC version is still in Alpha development. Console version is sold as a "completed" edition of a stable alpha build.

The PC version is sold as Early Access.
Console is actually a decent price for a complete game on the console, and lots of features have been added since for free.

TheNeoReaper
03-29-2018, 09:48 PM
You have to buy the base game to get the update. It's not free. It's at no extra charge.

Un-BeatabIe
03-30-2018, 12:41 PM
The PC version is still in Alpha development. Console version is sold as a "completed" edition of a stable alpha build.

The PC version is sold as Early Access.
Console is actually a decent price for a complete game on the console, and lots of features have been added since for free.
Ban him LOL. Why do you explain it to everyone again and again. They don't care if they are too lazy to read

Trendkill555
03-31-2018, 04:09 AM
I'm assuming "later this year" is probably October-Novemberish?
Glad this hidden gem is still getting some dev attention. Improving the game sells more copies because happy gamers have big mouths.
Unfortunatly, from reading this forum, it seems the negative gamers have the bigger mouths. Luckily there are a few cooler heads among the crowd here.

Sammo
03-31-2018, 09:23 AM
Seems the hype train is for a long journey this time around! I keep checking back here for any further news, didnít want to let the negative people be the only ones posting... canít wait for any new content/bug fixes... in the meantime Iím happy playing the game as is... itís a great game with a great community, thanks to Claire and all the team, as well as the awesome community here... be patient and Iím sure great things will come our way :-)

Jysen
03-31-2018, 08:22 PM
Yes, the paint system would be cool. Even the electricity just for the traps would be fun. Having the new buildings would be awesome though.

But truthfully, I just want to see further visual distance to be improved. It's not impossible or unheard of on console.

I also would like to see added to the game in regards to Random Gen world's having either a preview, or an option to semi dictate what biomes/number of towns/additional hubs could be created. Be it a populated city map, rural country side type layouts, or inbetween as is now with most builds. This would give the person more of an experience they would enjoy.

I love random gen for the exploration aspect. But let's be honest, unless you enable a game with creative mode enabled, you won't know if the world is barren or doesn't have the biomes you prefer until many many hours into the game.

But regardless, I completely enjoy the game. Despite a few buggy issues, overall, nothing has prevented me from many hours invested into multiple games. And I plan to invest a lot more hours into it lol

eciggy
04-02-2018, 12:53 PM
I'm relatively new to the game, just picked it up on Xbox about a month ago or so. Really enjoying it so far but if only 1 thing comes with the next update I hope it is a fix for the game crashes. A few of us play together online but it seems every 45min or so the host's game crashes and sets us back a few minutes. We keep playing so, while annoying, not horrible. Also very much looking forward to the features already on PC! Keep up the great work, we're hooked!

coned
04-02-2018, 02:31 PM
I also would like to see added to the game in regards to Random Gen world's having either a preview, or an option to semi dictate what biomes/number of towns/additional hubs could be created. Be it a populated city map, rural country side type layouts, or inbetween as is now with most builds. This would give the person more of an experience they would enjoy.

I love random gen for the exploration aspect. But let's be honest, unless you enable a game with creative mode enabled, you won't know if the world is barren or doesn't have the biomes you prefer until many many hours into the game.

But regardless, I completely enjoy the game. Despite a few buggy issues, overall, nothing has prevented me from many hours invested into multiple games. And I plan to invest a lot more hours into it lol

ugh i really want some kind of options for random gen, too. every random gen map seems to be 1/3rd (or more) water and it really sucks spending half of my play time desperately trying to find a way across the never ending ocean sized bodies of water.

i would like paint, new zombies, buildings, items, etc, etc...but i really wanna be able to cut down on most of my random gen maps being water. more than anything else. >_<

Jimmy the Tulip
04-02-2018, 09:58 PM
It's possible (no, I haven't heard anything on this, just supposition) that they're looking into the integration of the updated Unity engine. I've been following Unity and they've done some really cool stuff with graphics rendering which may well help with game stability. Don't take this as gospel until you hear it from the official team but if they're integating Unity 2018 then I'm very happy to wait for the update for this.

SylenThunder
04-03-2018, 12:37 AM
It's possible (no, I haven't heard anything on this, just supposition) that they're looking into the integration of the updated Unity engine. I've been following Unity and they've done some really cool stuff with graphics rendering which may well help with game stability. Don't take this as gospel until you hear it from the official team but if they're integating Unity 2018 then I'm very happy to wait for the update for this.
Given the extended length of time since the last update, and given the usual average (I have a chart in this thread a couple pages ago), that is what I am sincerely hoping for as well. Only time will tell though.

killerkeebler23
04-03-2018, 09:42 AM
is there still no paint for console?? and if not. really??

LONEWOLF231
04-03-2018, 05:00 PM
Here is hoping that they go with the Unity 2018. Heard that the new engine does wonders for the Xbox One X.

Hasan64
04-03-2018, 06:58 PM
Thank you

cpitts40
04-04-2018, 04:25 AM
Here is hoping that they go with the Unity 2018. Heard that the new engine does wonders for the Xbox One X.

they are updating to unity 2017.......

Rastapog
04-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Hi !

When do you plan to add dedicated servers on console, so that we have FINALLY a real multiplayer mode ??

And not just a 4-player mode on a huge map on which we will spend a lifetime finding a player ...

dustipher
04-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Hi !

When do you plan to add dedicated servers on console, so that we have FINALLY a real multiplayer mode ??

And not just a 4-player mode on a huge map on which we will spend a lifetime finding a player ...

Don't hold yer breath! ;)

skippy0330
04-04-2018, 04:22 PM
Hi !

please explain how dedicated servers would last more than 4 days before the entire map is destroyed including builings, player buildings and any lootable container?

Inmysights0921
04-04-2018, 04:23 PM
Well weíre over 2 months past the last update announcement, which was very vague. Here we are, years into the game release and still no md5 fix. Still keep getting pushed to the side like red headed step children while pc gets all the updates, and cool features. Any info on the update? Iím aware that this is a very lengthy process to release an update, but come on, people are still die hard fans for console, and people are still going out spending hard earned money on the game with no clue about the md5. Hearts break everyday. Pimps needs to work on this console update sooner rather than later. Thanks!