PDA

View Full Version : Obzzarvers LP - Any youtber(s) want to co-op?

Obzzarver
11-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Ello :)
I've been doing a series on 7d2d for a little while now, and thought it would be fun to expand it to a multiplayer series.
I'm a relatively mature tuber at 33 years of age, been doing youtube for a while focusing on sandbox and simulation games, and are currently sitting at about 2,3k hard earned subs.
I'm looking for a good match (or multiple) for some good entertaining videos.
By good match I have nothing specific in mind other then we should get along, have fun, etc. but obviously if your are a teenager and just started making videos that's not a good match to myself :)

My channel is http://youtube.com/user/obzzarver
This is my latest video in the series, the rest can be found on the channel or playlists.

http://youtu.be/9lNtjRMu1tY

theurbawatcher
11-13-2013, 05:24 PM
I'd be interested. I'm a youtuber as well. I have to redo my entire 7 Days to Die series. This video isn't from 7 Days but it illustrates the increased quality I'd like to reach in a 7 Days tutorial video series. This game deserves the star treatment. Let me know if you'd like to collaborate.

http://youtu.be/aEtx8oHxFck

Obzzarver
11-16-2013, 11:38 PM
I'd be interested. I'm a youtuber as well. I have to redo my entire 7 Days to Die series. This video isn't from 7 Days but it illustrates the increased quality I'd like to reach in a 7 Days tutorial video series. This game deserves the star treatment. Let me know if you'd like to collaborate.

Hey man, Thanks for the interest and sorry for taking so long to reply.
I've spent quite some time watching some of your videos in this time, and I'm left with the distinct impression that we have two very different outlooks on gaming and videos.
Not in a negative way, just an incompatible way :)
A am a lot more casual then you, both in my approach to videos and to the games I record.
Thanks though :)

theurbawatcher
11-17-2013, 02:24 AM
That's no problem. I noticed that as well.

foxbat1125
11-17-2013, 06:12 AM
Hey I'm not here to ask to co-op (I'm 14 and only have 27 subs) Any pointers you could give me in becoming more successful.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFoxbat1125?feature=mhee

RedMist
11-17-2013, 12:46 PM
ICE_MAN here, a good co-op video posted across a number of channels should be interesting - count me in!

(my forum name is Redmist for some obscure reason - just ignore that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTz2zf7HiEc

Here is my most popular video (nearing 20K views)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG0mJCz4WvI

theurbawatcher
11-17-2013, 05:44 PM
The reason i'm looking to do another co-op thing is because I updated my video card so I'd like to redo some of my older stuff. Recently, i've been exploring with different approaches to video making so you're most likely responding to those videos.

I wouldn't say i'm rigid in my game play. Here's a video that is similar to yours. Our video styles are different, I agree.

http://youtu.be/m1EeAtsmvQ4

Obzzarver
11-18-2013, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't say i'm rigid in my game play.

Oh yea I did not mean that :D
What I mean is my videos are with very few exceptions, just me, live, figuring things out, while not being exceptionally good at it.
Your's are more focused on guides and the correct/best way to do things (then mine).

theurbawatcher
11-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Oh yea I did not mean that :D
What I mean is my videos are with very few exceptions, just me, live, figuring things out, while not being exceptionally good at it.
Your's are more focused on guides and the correct/best way to do things (then mine).

Oh then I misunderstood as I knew I did. Like I said i'm a young Youtuber that has grown quickly. (It is hard to do). I'm trying to find my way. I have recently moved away from just me playing the game as there are a million other videos like this and its been hard to compete. It seems that you have a small following. How long has your channel been up? What are you doing to promote it?

theurbawatcher
11-19-2013, 12:14 AM
For that last video you used these tags.

sandbox,minecraft,war z,warz,day z,dayz,zombie,survival,open world,multiplayer,guide,voice,lets play,let's play,lp,let's,play,lets,undead,sceary,game,best,20 13,2014,zzar,obzzarver,7d2d,7 days to die,7 days 2 die,fps,tower defense,horror,rpg,video,english,talk,commentary,t ip,trick,recipie,crafting,house,build,kill,vs,comp are,free,giveaway,price,reward,money,weapon,land,m ine,landmine,rocket,rocketlauncher,launcher,grenad e,explosives,explosive,zombie safe,safe castle

How many of your views came from search versus subscribers? i'm suspect you are largely subscriber driven. Also, how long did it take to grow that sub base. Good work man.

Obzzarver
11-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Hey I'm not here to ask to co-op (I'm 14 and only have 27 subs) Any pointers you could give me in becoming more successful.

I have recently moved away from just me playing the game as there are a million other videos like this and its been hard to compete. It seems that you have a small following. How long has your channel been up? What are you doing to promote it?

How many of your views came from search versus subscribers? i'm suspect you are largely subscriber driven. Also, how long did it take to grow that sub base. Good work man.

So to answer all this :)
Basically I am doing everything wrong, if we assume success on youtube is the goal :P
I've been at it Since April 2012, pretty actively, with the exeption of a recent 4 month break.
I have some awesome subscribers that watch pretty much anything I post, that would account for the 70 or so view's I can get on any video, but beyond that it relies entirely on whether I advertise it (which I rarely bother to do), the timing (new games), the title, and those are the most important factors.

Now I know how to be a lot more successful, but that's just not how I enjoy making them.
Tips for those who do though:
- short videos
- consistent upload schedule
- flashy titles and thumbs (think newspaper covers).
- fast paced and funny / angry / informative content (in that order)
- target young teenagers (because they are prone to hero worship and share/comment a lot more then adults)
- instigate fights in the comment section (my most popular video has about 200,000 views as opposed to my regular 150 or so views, and that's solely because I inadvertently made two fanboy groups fight each other in the comments, thus sharing the video).

That's all things I don't like to or bother to do, but that I can tell you for absolute sure will make you more successful.

theurbawatcher
11-19-2013, 08:28 PM
So to answer all this :)
Basically I am doing everything wrong, if we assume success on youtube is the goal :P
I've been at it Since April 2012, pretty actively, with the exeption of a recent 4 month break.
I have some awesome subscribers that watch pretty much anything I post, that would account for the 70 or so view's I can get on any video, but beyond that it relies entirely on whether I advertise it (which I rarely bother to do), the timing (new games), the title, and those are the most important factors.

Now I know how to be a lot more successful, but that's just not how I enjoy making them.
Tips for those who do though:
- short videos
- consistent upload schedule
- flashy titles and thumbs (think newspaper covers).
- fast paced and funny / angry / informative content (in that order)
- target young teenagers (because they are prone to hero worship and share/comment a lot more then adults)
- instigate fights in the comment section (my most popular video has about 200,000 views as opposed to my regular 150 or so views, and that's solely because I inadvertently made two fanboy groups fight each other in the comments, thus sharing the video).

That's all things I don't like to or bother to do, but that I can tell you for absolute sure will make you more successful.

Great advice. I looked through your account to try to measure your growth rate. You are indeed subscriber based which is awesome. If you were to optimize you tags a bit more you can double your views easily. Right now my little account matches the monthly view of someone with 1000 subscribers because of Search Engine Optimization and my sub count if growing every month. My account has only been around three months. i'm on track to reach the 1000 sub mark by the end of the year. I don't think people realize just how much work it takes to build an audience.

You, however, have an audience that can triple if you wanted to. Congrats. That's mainly because you have time under your belt. I love talking shop with others about this stuff.

Obzzarver
11-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Great advice. I looked through your account to try to measure your growth rate. You are indeed subscriber based which is awesome. If you were to optimize you tags a bit more you can double your views easily. Right now my little account matches the monthly view of someone with 1000 subscribers because of Search Engine Optimization and my sub count if growing every month. My account has only been around three months. i'm on track to reach the 1000 sub mark by the end of the year. I don't think people realize just how much work it takes to build an audience.

You, however, have an audience that can triple if you wanted to. Congrats. That's mainly because you have time under your belt. I love talking shop with others about this stuff.

I do love theorizing about this stuff too, and I will admit I spent pretty much he entirety of my first year on youtube studying exactly how it works.
This is why I know a lot about how to be successful on youtube, but as I said, most the factors that let's you be successful on youtube are things I don't enjoy doing or that does not come natural to me.
So I've pretty much settled on just doing my thing, getting an audience (which as you say is a gigantic task) that likes that kinda thing, instead of trying and not enjoying getting a huge channel.

I see you like to sniff around in stats, but it sounded as if though you take a complicated route to it. If you haven't already, I'm sure you will find Socialblade stats very useful: http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/TheZombieProfessor/monthly

Starsnipe
11-21-2013, 03:28 AM
You seem like a pretty chill dude, especially with your approach to the game (which is very similar to mine since I'm in no way "good" at 7 days) and I wouldn't mind playing a bit and maybe seeing how we get along. You did say you weren't really a good match for a teenager so I'm guessing you wouldn't really be up for playing with me, but hey, I'll let you decide that :)

Here's my channel if you'd like to take a look: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheApocalypticStudio

Obzzarver
11-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Sent some message on youtube to some of you fellers, and we'll try to coordinate from there :)

Northstorm
11-28-2013, 08:41 PM
I run a server for my youtube videos and have spaces left so if any of you want a place to build and be part of eachs others builds or videos let me know.

Northstorm

Obzzarver
11-29-2013, 07:54 AM
That could be practical, thanks for the offer. I'll send you a message on youtube after work today :)