PDA

View Full Version : [06/06] Message from the Team

Clare
06-06-2018, 01:34 PM
Hi all,

Below is a message from the Console Team on the update they're currently working on.

Clare

--------------

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on the next update (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?80987-02-08-Message-from-the-Team) for 7 Days to Die on console. While the release is still scheduled for later this year, we wanted to give you an update on what's to come.

As many of you have already guessed, we are currently in the process of upgrading the game engine to Unity 2017. This is something we’ve been working towards for quite a while and we’re thrilled to finally be able to share the news with you.

But what does this mean for the game and for you, the players? Upgrading to Unity 2017 means we can fix some of the more persistent bugs in the game, as well as add features from A15 and A16 on PC.

Thank you again for your continuing patience and support. We'll be in touch soon with more information about which features and improvements you can look forward to in Patch 14, which will launch alongside the engine upgrade.

The 7DTD Console Team

------------

-------------

Also posted on page 14 of this thread, copying info here so it does not get lost:

Hi all,

A player voiced concern that it does not look like I read this thread. It is also going off topic so I wanted to clear some things up before we get back on track.

I do keep up to date with the News and Announcements threads, daily as much as I can after initial release, and after that I catch up every few days. If I have new information to share it will be given a new post. I will not give new information in the body of a post where is could get lost. As with all posts in this section, all the information I have is contained in the original post, I do not have further details beyond that. When I do have information on a potential release date, what could be contained in the patch etc there will be a new Message from the Team post.

I do however, read all that is posted and pass feedback to the team when required.

Any issues you have that you want troubleshooting assistance on should be posted in the Console Bug Reports section. I will not chase bugs here.

To clarify, so we can get back on topic...

The Fun Pimps are the creators of the game, they work on the PC version of the game and pass items for porting to the console team when they are deemed finished or ready. On occasion they help to collaborate on a bug fix for something that may exist on PC also (this also works in reverse as console has helped PC in the past)

Iron Galaxy are porting the game to console.

Telltale Publishing (Telltale Games) are the publishers of the game.

Any new information passed to me from TT is posted in the News and Announcements section of the forums. I understand that some players can get frustrated that PC receive more regular information and it can look like Console is abandoned. This is not the case, console is not abandoned, when there is more information to share, I will share it immediately.

All support for console is being run from the Console Bug Reports section and as a reminder here is the description of my role - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?61911-04-21-Title-Change-and-Clare-ification

Capp00
06-06-2018, 01:50 PM
Thank you Clare,

I will pass this message along to my viewers, as they ask me all the time if I have any info. I appreciate you guys' hard work!

Come on bigboi
06-06-2018, 02:00 PM
Thank you Clare,

I will pass this message along to my viewers, as they ask me all the time if I have any info. I appreciate you guys' hard work!

I love youíre Chanel all the tips and tricks really helps thank you cap

And thank you claire now we know why it too so long we can stop being little girls about it
Plusss how long for more info hahaha

dustipher
06-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Wooohooooo! Thanks for the update we've all been waiting on! 🙂🙂

TheOnlyOne
06-06-2018, 02:16 PM
Wooohooooo! Thanks for the update we've all been waiting on! ����

Wohoo,thanks for update,that there is going to be an update later this year? Let's all celebrate now!!!! :D

dustipher
06-06-2018, 02:29 PM
Wohoo,thanks for update,that there is going to be an update later this year? Let's all celebrate now!!!! :D

Better than devil you know than the devil you don't, plus the unity upgrade is needed and could potentially make the game much more enjoyable, especially if the optimization allows for better rendering (no more loading glitches!), additional content and smoother gameplay. My fingers are crossed anyway!

KITT
06-06-2018, 02:49 PM
I love this game so much and I'm glad to hear about the console update

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know when the update will come out for the console?

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't the console on A15???

Tomkillz45
06-06-2018, 02:57 PM
I knew the engine was getting a upgrade good job plus with state of decay I figured they wouldn't release the update just yet

CrosstownRanger
06-06-2018, 03:33 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I think were in patch 13 because that was the last twitter post they had for conole

WarningCrabmeat
06-06-2018, 03:51 PM
That's awesome! Thanks for the update. I'll happily take any update/patch/new content. Now prepare for 20+ pages of people wanting more info.

TLH069
06-06-2018, 04:12 PM
Thanks Clara for the news. I havenít been playing in awhile. Waiting for the updates. Ready to get back in the game. I hope thereís a lot of new features in the game. I still wish to be able to see structures from a distance and new zombies.

hugojheredia
06-06-2018, 04:17 PM
Excellent. It's going to be worth waiting for!

aceguy7
06-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Don’t we already have a15 features? Can they be any more ambiguous about an update? Frustrating...Well looks like we're not getting anything for this summer.... At least we're getting an unity upgrade and "a16 features" Hawaiian fat guy zombie, a new bear skin, night vision googles.....whoooooo Content! .......Sorry had to vent o_O ...Thanks for the info Clare :(

Gazz
06-06-2018, 05:00 PM
I'm pretty sure the console version is at least 99% A15 with a few bits of A16.

It's... complicated. LOL

Nootcaase
06-06-2018, 05:30 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Console is mostly on A15. We didn't have everything .

T1Thousand
06-06-2018, 05:46 PM
Thank you for keeping us updated on the progress of the next update. Just passed day 400 in-game, and I'm itching to start a new game with additional content. Keep up the great work everyone. Can't wait to see all of the improvements you all have made.

Tricksyboom
06-06-2018, 06:40 PM
I just want stripper zombies.

And less bluescreens.

But mostly stripper zombies.

Daniel_longbow
06-06-2018, 08:34 PM
Hello me and others would like to know when we are gonna get in game fixes for the multiplayer people are having problems with joining others games. Problems are getting kicked randomly as they join map dose not load properly unable to pick up items or use different items invisible enemy's modifiable glitchs and reports of people going into there games and there items being removed

worf3k
06-06-2018, 09:04 PM
nice on day 400 i can't seem to make it passed day 35 without getting bored of my build and starting over.

Damselx1
06-06-2018, 09:06 PM
Thank you for the update!

Daniel_longbow
06-06-2018, 10:04 PM
Hello me and others would like to know when we are gonna get in game fixes for the multiplayer people are having problems with joining others games. Problems are getting kicked randomly as they join map dose not load properly unable to pick up items or use different items invisible enemy's modifiable glitchs and reports of people going into there games and there items being removed

Jimmy the Tulip
06-06-2018, 10:29 PM
Awesome (and not unexpected) news! Thanks Claire and thanks to the Console development team! :)

RuttedLightning
06-06-2018, 10:48 PM

Did you read the first post? Having the game run on Unity is a big step towards fixing the issues.

RuttedLightning
06-06-2018, 10:53 PM
I just want stripper zombies.

And less bluescreens.

But mostly stripper zombies.

I'm not sure if I should laugh, or be afraid of why you want stripper zombies :)

Roo
06-06-2018, 10:59 PM
Will there be an increase in the amount of players by chance? My friends and I would love to hear that there will be.

Tricksyboom
06-06-2018, 11:29 PM
I'm not sure if I should laugh, or be afraid of why you want stripper zombies :)

My next build is gonna be the apocalypse strip club but of course I need employees 😏

RuttedLightning
06-06-2018, 11:42 PM
My next build is gonna be the apocalypse strip club but of course I need employees ��

Interesting, however I will not be coming for any lap dances, lol

Tricksyboom
06-07-2018, 02:13 AM
Interesting, however I will not be coming for any lap dances, lol

If youíre worried about accidental neck biting weíll be taking precautions. If youíre put of by the undead nature of the strippers well, itís the end of times, you canít always be picky.

Ninjataco
06-07-2018, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the information!

mankiller5050
06-07-2018, 01:42 PM
Will the map be bigger and will console players get new zombies

xxtommyboy214xx
06-07-2018, 02:40 PM
Hell yeah this is amazing news!! We finally get alpha 16 this is awesome. Not only that it is easier to fix bugs and stuff thatís even better I love it. Thanks clare :)

Ignoringmywife1
06-07-2018, 03:38 PM
I stopped checking the forum for like 3 days... of course they finally said something. Thank you for the morsel of info. Keep up the good work mods.

mrkrow69
06-07-2018, 03:57 PM
Very nice to hear some kind of insight Clare and team. Very exciting news. Excited to see the new Unity engine in place and being used. Can't wait for our sneak peak. Keep up the good work and know you have a lot of supporters out here too.

BulletProof2088
06-07-2018, 09:44 PM
Thank God!

I've been waiting for info with baited breath the last few months, checking the forum at least every 3 days, as this is the only game my fiancee and I both love playing! I'm excited for more base defenses, honestly, but the magnitude of the engine upgrade is just amazing! I really didn't expect it!

I'll be patiently waiting for more news, and y'all need to know us console players might get frustrated, and some of us might get mouthy, but I'm sure there are many more just like me that hardly post but watch and support you guys!

Thanks again!

ShaneWalsh
06-07-2018, 10:15 PM
Hi all,

Below is a message from the Console Team on the update they're currently working on.

Clare

--------------

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on the next update (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?80987-02-08-Message-from-the-Team) for 7 Days to Die on console. While the release is still scheduled for later this year, we wanted to give you an update on what's to come.

As many of you have already guessed, we are currently in the process of upgrading the game engine to Unity 2017. This is something weíve been working towards for quite a while and weíre thrilled to finally be able to share the news with you.

But what does this mean for the game and for you, the players? Upgrading to Unity 2017 means we can fix some of the more persistent bugs in the game, as well as add features from A15 and A16 on PC.

Thank you again for your continuing patience and support. We'll be in touch soon with more information about which features and improvements you can look forward to in Patch 14, which will launch alongside the engine upgrade.

The 7DTD Console Team

------------

Will graphics be upgraded on XBox One X? Thanks

SylenThunder
06-07-2018, 10:39 PM
Will graphics be upgraded on XBox One X? Thanks
Most likely not. Game isn't designed for 4k, and increased graphics means more RAM required.

EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy
06-08-2018, 04:40 AM
Exciting news! :)

nickt2
06-08-2018, 05:58 AM
Glad to here some movement on features and bug fixes . Would be good for optimisation especially for Xbox One X users. Look forward to it .

NukemDed
06-08-2018, 11:18 AM
hmmmm
were getting close to a17 on pc and we get a hohum hint of whats to come later in the year on console. smacks of tokenism. apprectiate you dropping in gazz.
i play both platforms avidly.
why so secretive on whats coming on consoles?
also as someone who (probably should) know, should i ditch the xbox in favour of a ps?
thinking future vr as well as #$/@ md5...

Ignoringmywife1
06-08-2018, 03:17 PM
Hopefully md5 will be fixed on next update.

Wjiiv
06-08-2018, 03:52 PM
Think the insane mole has already said he has no plans for vr.

SylenThunder
06-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Think the insane mole has already said he has no plans for vr.
A year or so ago they said they may look into adding it after the game goes gold, but it wasn't a priority. It's questionable as to whether it would even function in a full 3D Voxel environment.

Ignoringmywife1
06-08-2018, 11:31 PM
But wouldn't it be so friggin sweet?

jetZeds
06-09-2018, 08:28 AM
Will the map be bigger and will console players get new zombies

Yes on zombies for sure, and I would assume so for the map size. It will all depends on how well the new unity handles the ram.

Don't expect anything PC size, I would guess another maybe 2k in diameter.

SylenThunder
06-09-2018, 12:23 PM
I'm betting that the added optimization means more a16 features into the console.

Don't expect anything from a17 though. I don't see them bringing features to the console that aren't already mostly fleshed out on the PC.

Tallahassee
06-09-2018, 03:38 PM
I'm glad consoles is completely forgotten about like some devs do, not going to name names or titles. I've seen bits in this thread talking about consoles is mainly a15 with bits missing, or has a bit or two from a16. I am curious to know is what version of the game will consoles end up on. With this upgrade to Unity will consoles also be moved to full a16? Will we get items from a17? Or will it be a long while before we get anything from a17 onto console? Is there information available as to the plans of console maybe getting on the same page as PC?

Tricksyboom
06-09-2018, 04:21 PM
I'm glad consoles is completely forgotten about like some devs do, not going to name names or titles. I've seen bits in this thread talking about consoles is mainly a15 with bits missing, or has a bit or two from a16. I am curious to know is what version of the game will consoles end up on. With this upgrade to Unity will consoles also be moved to full a16? Will we get items from a17? Or will it be a long while before we get anything from a17 onto console? Is there information available as to the plans of console maybe getting on the same page as PC?

I imagine weíll get certain things from a16, Iím doubt weíll be full a16 but weíll have to see. I imagine we wonít be seeing a17 stuff for a very long time if ever, depends on how it plays out on the pc. We are limited unfortunately on console, Iíd just be happy for optimisations and no more corrupted saves.

Less bluescreens would also be nice, which should happen with more optimisations. Iím hoping theyre taking their time to make it run as smoothly as they can, I think most people would just be happy to play without the thought of the game crashing and the save going to crap. Either way Iím excited to see whatís coming.

Outlaw_187
06-09-2018, 10:44 PM
Anything will be an improvement. This is great news. Cant wait for the update.

Outlaw_187
06-09-2018, 10:49 PM

Who wouldn't want some animated booby corpses running around 😗

ShaneWalsh
06-09-2018, 11:53 PM
I'm betting that the added optimization means more a16 features into the console.

Don't expect anything from a17 though. I don't see them bringing features to the console that aren't already mostly fleshed out on the PC.

Thanks, Im just hoping that Consoles at least get a Compound Bow, Vehicles/MotorCycle, Electricity, Paint and maybe a Helicopter. Then it would be perfect

MJS101104
06-10-2018, 02:10 AM
Thanks, Im just hoping that Consoles at least get a Compound Bow, Vehicles/MotorCycle, Electricity, Paint and maybe a Helicopter. Then it would be perfect

I'm not expecting any new vehicles being added to the consoles, even after this update. That's a lot of resources and materials that will need to be added or adjusted and that would likely entail removing some that already exist. I'd be happy just seeing the compound bow, some electricity based things, and the ability to paint.

I also think expectations for consoles are a little high. People see the videos of the PC version and think, "That's so cool, why don't we have that!?" to themselves. Failing to realize that consoles are not the same as PCs in processing power, memory, or customization options. Which is one of the reasons I think so many people get so heated when console doesn't live up to what they've seen. But that's just a theory on my part, based on responses I have seen.

emponeway
06-10-2018, 01:20 PM
As always thanks for keeping us updated. This is great Info that I will share with my YouTube community.

Hi all,

Clare

--------------

Hi everyone,

As many of you have already guessed, we are currently in the process of upgrading the game engine to Unity 2017. This is something weíve been working towards for quite a while and weíre thrilled to finally be able to share the news with you.

The 7DTD Console Team

------------

jetZeds
06-10-2018, 02:50 PM
I'm not expecting any new vehicles being added to the consoles, even after this update. That's a lot of resources and materials that will need to be added or adjusted and that would likely entail removing some that already exist. I'd be happy just seeing the compound bow, some electricity based things, and the ability to paint.

I also think expectations for consoles are a little high. People see the videos of the PC version and think, "That's so cool, why don't we have that!?" to themselves. Failing to realize that consoles are not the same as PCs in processing power, memory, or customization options. Which is one of the reasons I think so many people get so heated when console doesn't live up to what they've seen. But that's just a theory on my part, based on responses I have seen.

I agree with pretty much with everything you said, but I could see a bicycle possibly being added.
I can't ever see a gyrocopter coming to Console.

It will be interesting to see how much the new Unity Engine will change things and if that will finally allow them to optimize everything properly.

skippy0330
06-10-2018, 03:29 PM
I agree with pretty much with everything you said, but I could see a bicycle possibly being added.
I can't ever see a gyrocopter coming to Console.

It will be interesting to see how much the new Unity Engine will change things and if that will finally allow them to optimize everything properly.

The unity upgrades are key. once it is up to 2018 + it'll have multicore support which will make the load a lot lighter on console units and allow for more data to be streamed on the same hardware. Vox games have always suffered on console due to lack of memory and processor capability. Minecraft was the worst, corruptions galore.

IdleOz
06-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Best case scenario (in my opinion): we get electrical systems / traps, paint, & maybe some updated building blocks/advanced rotation. That's it. I wouldn't expect to see any new vehicles or zombies, but you never know.

Wjiiv
06-10-2018, 08:31 PM
The last confirmed info that i know of as to where console will end up is that joel said they would try to get the console version as close to the gold pc version as possible.

MJS101104
06-11-2018, 02:24 AM
The last confirmed info that i know of as to where console will end up is that joel said they would try to get the console version as close to the gold pc version as possible.

The problem with a staement like, "As close to the gold PC version as possible." is that it is ambiguous. That's not Joel's fault though, I don't want people thinking this is an accusation of some sort. It's not. It's just that we can see the changes the PC version has gone through since 7DtD was released on consoles. And we already know the consoles can't keep up.

The idea of the consoles being as close to PC final release is comforting, until you realize there is every possibilty that the statement about the console being closest to a final PC release as possible could be applied to right now. Theoretically speaking. I'm not saying that's the case, far from it. I'm just saying don't let expectations get to high, because if people do they'll only be disappointed. Especially if the closest the console can get is little more of an improvement than what we have now.

Wjiiv
06-11-2018, 04:32 AM
Who said consoles cant keep up? Certainly not the devs or tt. So, to base anything off of what random joe said is not validated in any way. They keep updating, and continue to add. Understandably there are trying to only add certain completed features because....you know, it costs money to port new updates for free.

And i think the reason joel left his statement, "ambiguous", is the simple reason that, the game wasnt, and its still not done. And while they have a roadmap to full release, until its released it is constantly changing. Its very hard to make a broad statement like, we will add everything, before you even know what everything is.

So, until they are done updating i think its unfair to speculate what they will and wont do. The only actual evidence we have is the devs have said, would add as much as possible to mimic the final pc release version. They seem very devoted to the game and the community. Im sure they will do their best to acheive that. They havent done anything to the contrary.

SylenThunder
06-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Who said consoles cant keep up? Certainly not the devs or tt. So, to base anything off of what random joe said is not validated in any way. They keep updating, and continue to add. Understandably there are trying to only add certain completed features because....you know, it costs money to port new updates for free.

And i think the reason joel left his statement, "ambiguous", is the simple reason that, the game wasnt, and its still not done. And while they have a roadmap to full release, until its released it is constantly changing. Its very hard to make a broad statement like, we will add everything, before you even know what everything is.

So, until they are done updating i think its unfair to speculate what they will and wont do. The only actual evidence we have is the devs have said, would add as much as possible to mimic the final pc release version. They seem very devoted to the game and the community. Im sure they will do their best to acheive that. They havent done anything to the contrary.
Not to step on your bed of roses or anything, but there is actual hard data supporting this. It's not something "some random Joe" says. It's actually backed up by reality with research and numbered specifications. Console hardware sucks even when compared to PC hardware that is even from the same year the console was released. It sucks even harder when you compare it to the hardware the original game is designed to run on.

For more specific information, read this thread (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62391-When-Will-the-Console-Version-Have-_______).

irjvik
06-11-2018, 03:46 PM
I will support fully SylenThunder post, as consoles are static hardware.
As the time goes on, the devs have greater and better tools (aka Unity 2017 for exemple), but on consoles they have to work with a mid-grade 2013 hardware specs.

On PC, it is easy for devs, they just have to ask for more RAM, CPU, or whatever else (do you have what it takes ?)
--> It is to the player responsibility (and spending) to keep up his PC up to date. There is no additional spending for the devs.

On consoles, players can upgrade NOTHING.
--> So, with more resources demanding devs kits, the pressure is on devs to really optimize their game (aka costs more time and money for the devs, costs nothing for the player) so it fits into a several years old spec.

My personal point of view : It's a shame consoles players cannot even add a few RAM upgrades as most Mac or laptop users can.
On the other hand, it is logical, as please remember that consoles are ALL designed and made by corporations : Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony are all corporations. And the corporate way of life is "are you authorized to ... ?"

Tallahassee
06-11-2018, 04:09 PM
I imagine weíll get certain things from a16, Iím doubt weíll be full a16 but weíll have to see. I imagine we wonít be seeing a17 stuff for a very long time if ever, depends on how it plays out on the pc. We are limited unfortunately on console, Iíd just be happy for optimisations and no more corrupted saves.

Less bluescreens would also be nice, which should happen with more optimisations. Iím hoping theyre taking their time to make it run as smoothly as they can, I think most people would just be happy to play without the thought of the game crashing and the save going to crap. Either way Iím excited to see whatís coming.

Yeah, I am happy with new updates. I just hate to see consoles left out, and the false rift of what platform to use, get bigger.

MJS101104
06-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Who said consoles cant keep up?

How about... oh I don't know... every computer expert on the planet? Without exception, every professional in the compter technology industry will tell you that a console system can't keep up with PCs for two primary reasons. The first is quality of parts. A PC that has equivalent specs to consoles is prone to overheating, just as consoles are. The second is upgrade-ability. The PS4, for instance, still runs on at least 5 year old technology. Compare that with a 5 year old PC with upgraded RAM, graphics cards, etc. there is no comparison.

Not to mention the blatantly obvious fact that to upgrade a console means creating new specs and releasing a new console. Why do you think you have to buy a PS4 pro or XBOX ONE X in order to get even a moderate hardware update? You can't just go and buy the upgraded hardware, you have to buy an entirely new system.

I have been a console gamer for over 3 decades, this is a well known and accepted fact by any console player who actually has done even the most cursory of research. Always has been, always will be.

He left it ambiguous because consoles can't keep up with PCs, period. As I stated above, the console can't keep up with PC due in part to upgrade-ability. Joel knows they will never be able to offer on consoles everything they can on PC. It's right there in the statement itself.

"Joel said they would try to get the console version AS CLOSE to the gold PC version AS POSSIBLE."

If consoles could keep up with PCs then Joel wouldn't have had to say they would TRY to get it as close as they possibly could. They'd just be able to make console have whatever features the PC has if consoles were on par with PCs, because consoles would be able to handle it regardless of final features. They can't, so Joel couldn't in good conscience claim that it would have all the same features.

Wjiiv
06-11-2018, 06:05 PM
The game is not done, and is still being optimized, cleaned up, fixing old issues, just look at the pc updates for 17. They are changing a bunch of old issues that were slowing the game down. Who know besides them what and how this will affect and or boost performace. And i understand the console technically has a limit and a capacity, and yes, its possible some things wont work, but its also possible they are able to make certain concessions to make other stuff work. Just saying its not really fair to say console cant handle, xyz, when there are so many things that they could do, and are clearly continuing to work on.

Also, i dont think any computer experts on the planet, except the fun pimps and tt, are working on this game and understand exactly how it works. Of course a console has limits, this is also a game that is older, not yet fully optized, and not finished. And certaintly no one but them has any idea how it will be running when its finished.

aceguy7
06-11-2018, 09:07 PM
I think its funny how when 7days first came out on console and some people kept saying "oh no we're never getting a15 stuff its a "finished game, console cant handle a15 and that’s all we're getting blah blah.... Well sure enough we got a15 stuff...Now its happening all over again with people saying console cant handle this game or it will never have enough ram blah blah...Well now we are getting a unity upgrade and alpha 16 features coming...LOL!

While yes its very likely we wont get everything from pc, I do think that we're going to get more content than what people realize when its all said and done. I wouldn’t be surprised if they sneak in some small A17 content to be honest. :) I hope we can get the new random gen map system with the way towns are set up and such and a few new zombies. Looking forward to the content we do get. :)

Jadesteele
06-12-2018, 01:49 AM
Okay, kinda important question here needing clarifying - I have my current version of seven days (xbox one) on disc; how will the unity update effect that - will I be able to just install the os update like any other update, or will I have to replace the disc for one with the unity version? and if I just need to install update, will I need to fully reinstall to prevent data corruption/ lost packets?

MJS101104
06-12-2018, 03:08 AM
I think its funny how when 7days first came out on console and some people kept saying "oh no we're never getting a15 stuff its a "finished game, console cant handle a15 and that’s all we're getting blah blah.... Well sure enough we got a15 stuff...Now its happening all over again with people saying console cant handle this game or it will never have enough ram blah blah...Well now we are getting a unity upgrade and alpha 16 features coming...LOL!

If you think my posts were suggesting we won't get any of the Alpha releases, that's what you chose to read into it. At no point do I say, nor have I ever said we won't get those versions. My reference to the current editon possibly being all we get was a worst case example of how the "as close as possible" ambiguity could apply even now.

While yes its very likely we wont get everything from pc, I do think that we're going to get more content than what people realize when its all said and done. I wouldn’t be surprised if they sneak in some small A17 content to be honest. :) I hope we can get the new random gen map system with the way towns are set up and such and a few new zombies. Looking forward to the content we do get. :)

That was my bleedin' point! How in Hades did you miss that? You brought up A15 coming to console, I want to thank you for that. It illustrates my point exactly. Even though console got most of A15's and some of A16's content it didn't get all of it, did it? No. Why? Becase the console couldn't handle it all, while the PC could.

Look, my responce has been for the sole purpose of addressing the idea that because Joel said their goal is to have the console be as close to the PC gold release as possible, it means the console will be on par with the PC release. That will not be the case. Due to hardware limitations on the consoles will never be on par with the PC version, period. And anyone who thinks it will be is deluding themselves. Setting themselves up for disappointment, frustration, and anger.

We've already seen signs of this in the past. XBOX MD5 errors, differences in graphics quality, missing POIs and buildings, missing or limited items, etc. I'm just saying keep expectations reasonable, don't let statement(s) with needed ambiguity make your expectations too high. Or we'll have more situations where people are pissy because they expected too much. That's all.

xxtommyboy214xx
06-12-2018, 03:51 AM
Really mjs101104 you are so immature causing drama on a forum you can not just let it go.. seriously just stop I am suprised that they do not even block comments like yours. You are starting with people that didnít say anything to you before. In the other statement which was really unesscessary bull ♥♥♥♥ that no one cares about. Like this is a forum about us getting an update for console and they are able to make it so that it would be supported on our console. They even said they would fix the bugs and stuff and release more stuff because they are upgrading to unity 7. Like are you serious back off. No one asked for you two sense in this it is quite annoying that everyone like you is ruining the forums with your negativity and bs about console canít support 7 days to Die. Like who cares. Keep your comments to yourself. Plain and simple

xxtommyboy214xx
06-12-2018, 03:55 AM
Second off they even said in this post the reason why we didnít have everything was because of us not having unity 2017!! Like seriously do you even read the whole post 😂

Mjtp
06-12-2018, 04:23 AM
Okay, kinda important question here needing clarifying - I have my current version of seven days (xbox one) on disc; how will the unity update effect that - will I be able to just install the os update like any other update, or will I have to replace the disc for one with the unity version? and if I just need to install update, will I need to fully reinstall to prevent data corruption/ lost packets?

My 2 cents here is that it will just handle the update like any other update to a game.
So you will never need a new physical copy of the game, unless it is '7 days to die 2' they are planning to release.

Mjtp
06-12-2018, 04:29 AM
Really mjs101104 you are so immature causing drama on a forum you can not just let it go.. seriously just stop I am suprised that they do not even block comments like yours. You are starting with people that didnít say anything to you before. In the other statement which was really unesscessary bull ♥♥♥♥ that no one cares about. Like this is a forum about us getting an update for console and they are able to make it so that it would be supported on our console. They even said they would fix the bugs and stuff and release more stuff because they are upgrading to unity 7. Like are you serious back off. No one asked for you two sense in this it is quite annoying that everyone like you is ruining the forums with your negativity and bs about console canít support 7 days to Die. Like who cares. Keep your comments to yourself. Plain and simple

In case you missed this, this is a forum... people discuss things and even give their own opinions about things that may or may not collide with your own opinions.
If the guy was totally making no sense, he still can express his opinion... but tbh, he is right about the limitations of the console.
If you fanboys can't handle criticism, just don't read or reply to this.

Damselx1
06-12-2018, 06:13 AM

As with previous updates, it should just update the version you have installed on your console. No need to buy another copy.

Wjiiv
06-12-2018, 11:59 AM
My whole point was its not fair to say we are not getting things, with no information saying this. Will the game be different on pc and console, yep. For sure. Can the console handle it? Impossible to say if you aren't developing/porting the game. Is console behind in updates. Yup. By design. Why would they port incomplete features? This is especially difficult to do, and much more so on a game still in development. Personally i'm estatic we got any updates at all before the gold pc version. Shows alot about the companies involved.

Second and probabally a large factor in all of this is that console has splitscreen, where pc does not. That means they also have to factor in how this is affected. Thats 2x the computing power on pc at any given time.

Whole point is, lets judge what they did/are doing after its done. Not based on speculation and unknown information.

Crater Creator
06-12-2018, 12:28 PM
seriously just stop
No one asked for you two sense in this
Keep your comments to yourself.

We wonít have people bullied out of sharing their views here. Anyone that follows the rules can voice their opinions.

aceguy7
06-12-2018, 12:36 PM
If you think my posts were suggesting we won't get any of the Alpha releases, that's what you chose to read into it. At no point do I say, nor have I ever said we won't get those versions. My reference to the current editon possibly being all we get was a worst case example of how the "as close as possible" ambiguity could apply even now.

That was my bleedin' point! How in Hades did you miss that? You brought up A15 coming to console, I want to thank you for that. It illustrates my point exactly. Even though console got most of A15's and some of A16's content it didn't get all of it, did it? No. Why? Becase the console couldn't handle it all, while the PC could.

Look, my responce has been for the sole purpose of addressing the idea that because Joel said their goal is to have the console be as close to the PC gold release as possible, it means the console will be on par with the PC release. That will not be the case. Due to hardware limitations on the consoles will never be on par with the PC version, period. And anyone who thinks it will be is deluding themselves. Setting themselves up for disappointment, frustration, and anger.

We've already seen signs of this in the past. XBOX MD5 errors, differences in graphics quality, missing POIs and buildings, missing or limited items, etc. I'm just saying keep expectations reasonable, don't let statement(s) with needed ambiguity make your expectations too high. Or we'll have more situations where people are pissy because they expected too much. That's all.

For your ambiguous information I was just expressing my own 2 cents...It had nothing to do with you. :) Speculate all you want too, we know the console is moving forward with new upgrades and Joel made some comments about consoles getting as close to gold as possible... That’s all that really matters my ambiguous friend. :)

fyiiamaheavy
06-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Let's not argue and get back on topic. I am excited for the engine upgrade recently another game I play got an engine upgrade and that was Friday the 13th the game that game used to run so laggy back in January this year the engine got upgraded in May and I just launched the game a few days ago and the game runs a lot smoother. Now I know that Friday the 13th and 7 days to die are completely different games. And the way Claire has said we will be getting more content from alpha 15 and other features from alpha 16 this could mean that we can finally get the electricity system with blade traps and wire tools. I have a friend that messes around with unity and says that Unity 2017 was actually a pretty good upgrade for the engine. My guess whenever 7 Days to Die gets this update later this year the game will be a lot darker but run a lot smoother the water will look ten times better and more realistic. I seen some people talking in an old thread saying that even the upgrade would not do much for this game but honestly upgrading an engine is quite a big deal when it comes to videogames. The reason the update is taking so long is because they got to recode the entire game everything in the game will be changed in this upgrade takes place. The new zombies one more than likely come and Patch 14 along with the engine upgrade. Thank you Claire for the information

SylenThunder
06-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Again, I feel the need to re-iterate that the PC version is still in Alpha Development. Gold is a ways off. We need to finish Alpha and make it all the way through the Beta development stage before getting to a completed release.

Expecting experimental features from an Alpha stage development cycle to be added to a completed product is just a little bit silly. Who knows what they will be able to add with the next update. To be sure, you will see more content from the PC version as resources are freed up. Just don't get your hopes up for jeeps, ROFL-Copters, huge texture improvements, or any special customization for your next-gen console that only got a GPU upgrade.

This is a 3d Voxel game after all. Not a flat 2D landscape like you have in GTA, Battlefield, Ark, or any of those other games you guys like to compare to. It takes a lot beefier core hardware to run everything they've been adding to the Alpha.

maughanorama
06-12-2018, 02:10 PM
you can keep the vehicles, i for one think its a waiste of valuable resources. the compound bow would be good. new zeds and water that looks and acts like water would be good. but as far as im concerned i would love the engine update over any content, itll make the effects smoother and many other things. i cant see the point in electricty and some of the crazy OP traps.

Wjiiv
06-12-2018, 04:41 PM
I agree with sylenthunder, and that was exactly my point. Game is not even done on pc, joel said he would try to get console version as close to finished pc version as they could. But thats all the info we have. And thats really about as much info as they can give, cause again....its not done, game is still in development on pc. You cant specifiy hardware specs and limitations without knowing the entire end product. So no need to say were not getting this or that. We just dont know, and cant know until the game is done on both fun pimps end, and telltales end. Just how it goes.

Im honestly gratefull we are getting any updates at all. Just tires me out when i try to look at update info and all i see is people saying, well we wont be getting this, or that, or this cant happen. Both sides dont really know yet. All i know is they are clearly trying and continue to work on it.

Num1bug
06-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the update and the continuous support and hard work you guys put into this game can't wait to see what loot I can find in the world. An find new ways to build my home and survive the 7th day.

Rage N Storm
06-12-2018, 06:23 PM
To be honest I have about all I can handle of console game developers releasing games that are broken buggy full of glitches and a major lack of content. I know it's difficult for people to wait on anything these days but I'm glad there isn't a rush to push 7days to gold. I'm glad the devs are taking the time to get it right. I have not played in a while because of the md5 issue. It was pretty bad for me. I couldn't seem to get past day 30 without an issue. But I'm still here checking the forum for information because I know this game will be great once it's fixed and I miss it. I wish we could rent servers but that is another topic. I would like to remind some people that while they are trying to work in as much pc stuff as they can they have already said that there is nothing guaranteed past alpha 15 and the console version could take a totally different direction. So keep that in mind we have already gotten what we were promised. But they are still trying to work things in that we want. Keep up the good work guys.

Imjustdizzy
06-12-2018, 07:05 PM
If the console limitations prevent the electricity from being added, and other PC features are not supported that leaves consoles with some good news. As much as all the PC stuff is awesome, without the consoles having upgraded hardware we can expect more time being dedicated to things like, oh the Duplication exploits getting fixed, performance issues, new zombie skins, better animations and things like that. By the time this game hits Beta you'll have a PS6 or 7, and I'm sure PlayStation 8 will definitely be beefy enough to support electricity and stuff.

aceguy7
06-12-2018, 09:35 PM
I agree with sylenthunder, and that was exactly my point. Game is not even done on pc, joel said he would try to get console version as close to finished pc version as they could. But thats all the info we have. And thats really about as much info as they can give, cause again....its not done, game is still in development on pc. You cant specifiy hardware specs and limitations without knowing the entire end product. So no need to say were not getting this or that. We just dont know, and cant know until the game is done on both fun pimps end, and telltales end. Just how it goes.

Im honestly gratefull we are getting any updates at all. Just tires me out when i try to look at update info and all i see is people saying, well we wont be getting this, or that, or this cant happen. Both sides dont really know yet. All i know is they are clearly trying and continue to work on it.

Yes, I agree....I honestly think we will get more content than what some think is possible...We know they are continuing to make further upgrades and thatís all we can hope for moving forward. If we can manage to get the new random gen world system, new zombies, paint, tools/traps, vultures, maybe one or two new vehicles and lucky enough to get bandits...I`ll be content...lol Nothing wrong with hoping...:) Peace*

Vypran_Hellgod
06-13-2018, 02:12 AM
Great to get a little bit of Info from what the team has been working on as the speculation has been ridiculous. Keep up the good work!

xxtommyboy214xx
06-13-2018, 08:10 AM
Actually there is different forums to say those type of things in fact there is a forum exactly about console limitations so take them over there thank you. This forum is exactly for console updates not for people to say this bs about console canít handle anything. Just because they think that console canít handle things doesnít they blert it out on a forum not even about that topic

DragonFyre
06-13-2018, 10:46 AM
Actually there is different forums to say those type of things in fact there is a forum exactly about console limitations so take them over there thank you. This forum is exactly for console updates not for people to say this bs about console can’t handle anything. Just because they think that console can’t handle things doesn’t they blert it out on a forum not even about that topic

LOL You could almost earn creadits for going to such lengths to divert your own idiocy! The discussion about the console limitations is precicely relevant when talking about the upcoming update.

They're basically telling me not to go get my hopes up about seeing things because they either aren't finished in the version still being developed, or because my PS4 doesn't have the hardware to support it.
It's not something they "think", it's a hard fact that I'm pretty certain SylenThunder is ♥♥♥♥ing tired of having to repeat to every one that can't handle reality.

(I'm also curious about what forum there is specifically for the console limitations. I'm only aware of two stickied threads.)

I would like to personally thank them for keeping us informed on exactly why the game sometimes plays like ass on my console, and to be honest about what we can expect. They aren't a bunch of fanboi's feeding us nonsense. Which is something a lot of console forums are generally lacking.

Muggs
06-13-2018, 12:44 PM
Most of what we have now should not be possible if you go by the required PC specs.But we have it. The new Unity engine will allow IG to do much more things that shouldn't work on the console,but they will.

As far as MD5's,I don't believe these will ever go away under the current form of Microsoft save policy.The memory just gets to overloaded then crashes. I have also noticed that on Xbox even if you play offline the game will still crash and your stuff is still saved to the cloud. How?

On technical notes does anyone know how my console is protected from bugs and viruses?
I was wondering because it lets you search any high risk area.What keeps the trojan horses and crap from getting in my console?

irjvik
06-13-2018, 09:01 PM
On technical notes does anyone know how my console is protected from bugs and viruses?
I was wondering because it lets you search any high risk area.What keeps the trojan horses and crap from getting in my console?

Hello.

Short answer for trojans/viruses is "security through authorized products only".
If your console is unmodified, you can only install approved (and tested) games and DLC/mods from official online stores/retail discs, game publishers are not known for being virus spreaders, as they will be considered responsible for them and this will end in court cases.

Short answer for bugs is "Quality Assurance". Every console maker asks the game dev or publisher to run a Quality Assurance check in order to detect most bugs. But as you can experience it in 7DTD, the process is not perfect at all, especially on next-gen consoles (XB1, PS4) as check list was softened in order to attract PC developers.

Muggs
06-13-2018, 10:10 PM
Hello.

Short answer for trojans/viruses is "security through authorized products only".
If your console is unmodified, you can only install approved (and tested) games and DLC/mods from official online stores/retail discs, game publishers are not known for being virus spreaders, as they will be considered responsible for them and this will end in court cases.

Short answer for bugs is "Quality Assurance". Every console maker asks the game dev or publisher to run a Quality Assurance check in order to detect most bugs. But as you can experience it in 7DTD, the process is not perfect at all, especially on next-gen consoles (XB1, PS4) as check list was softened in order to attract PC developers.

I was asking what protects the console from bugs from online use as in searching the web.
Like these forums I'm writing from my Xbox.

Tricksyboom
06-13-2018, 10:21 PM
Consoles don’t run on Windows, which most viruses are designed for. Well I think Xbox has a form of Windows (I’m not sure how close it is) you’re pretty much never going to get a virus. Modders have a hard enough time getting unsighed software to run so I doubt you’re ever going to get any sort of virus

XxUnkn0wnxX
06-14-2018, 03:26 AM
Consoles don’t run on Windows, which most viruses are designed for. Well I think Xbox has a form of Windows (I’m not sure how close it is) you’re pretty much never going to get a virus. Modders have a hard enough time getting unsighed software to run so I doubt you’re ever going to get any sort of virus

the ps3 runs on windows or any OS with emulation (rpcs3), as one can extract the PS3 "UPDATE.PUP" file decrypt it and run it in a special emulator... then play as many ps3 games as you want ;)

also there are xbox360 & classic xbox emulators. give it enough time there will be Xbox One + PS4 emulators. so your answer that consoles cannot run on windows is false.

GermanPatriot
06-14-2018, 05:56 AM
I am talking about the whole situation quite a while with one of my best friends as we are trying different ways of playing to shorten the time of waiting till the update shows up.

We both are speculating what the PS4 hardware will finally be ready to handle and of course you have to see the fact that very many console players got the game along huge price drops on XB Marketplace and PS Store.

We both paid only 15Ä (Germany) for the game what is a good deal for us and some others guys we showed that game in order to support us. But all in all it takes four sold copies of the game to bring as much cash as a full price game along a very expensive development (especially when the game is being optimized by getting a huge engine update).

I would like to mention that we all want to have new features brought by free updates. Just like it was said a million times, this game was a full release. After this being said, I was ready to pay for big updates like the one we are expecting as an DLC for about 5Ä because the development process is very expensive and exhausting, especially along the fact that 7 Days was a full release.

Of course some guys may point out that PC gamers get the new stuff for free but you should never forget that it is a voxel-based, non-AAA-title which is being developed on the PC as a appropriate lead platform without any hardware limits. Besides this there is no different way to play cool games on relatively cheap hardware like we do on XB1 and PS4. On PC you evetually are forced to make an expensive hardware upgrade to have the game running smoothly (especially during horde nights which are the core element of 7 Days).

The console version would get a higher priority if everybody would have given more economical support to the developing companies, even if it just was a handful of bugs like 10Ä/10$. Some of us are flaming and behaving like cry babies day in and day out because they do not get want they want within a shortest amount of time. Don't take that the wrong way but this is how market economy works.

After all I really appreciate the info on the coming update BUT you guys (the developers) know that the way you communicate with us is just a bad joke. If you want our support and well earned money, keep us all on touch more often and give more details on what is about to come on consoles. Otherwise you will lose many supporters very soon.

Tricksyboom
06-14-2018, 11:17 AM
the ps3 runs on windows or any OS with emulation (rpcs3), as one can extract the PS3 "UPDATE.PUP" file decrypt it and run it in a special emulator... then play as many ps3 games as you want ;)

also there are xbox360 & classic xbox emulators. give it enough time there will be Xbox One + PS4 emulators. so your answer that consoles cannot run on windows is false.

No youíve got the wrong end of the stick, what I meant is the actual consoles donít use windows, Iím well aware there are emulators ;).

fyiiamaheavy
06-14-2018, 12:47 PM
The only real problem is that it took four months for us to hear something new and then be told that they update won't be released until later this year granted Claire did say she'll be in touch so hopefully maybe two months? And we should have the update

MJS101104
06-14-2018, 01:15 PM
Again, I feel the need to re-iterate that the PC version is still in Alpha Development. Gold is a ways off. We need to finish Alpha and make it all the way through the Beta development stage before getting to a completed release.

Expecting experimental features from an Alpha stage development cycle to be added to a completed product is just a little bit silly. Who knows what they will be able to add with the next update. To be sure, you will see more content from the PC version as resources are freed up. Just don't get your hopes up for jeeps, ROFL-Copters, huge texture improvements, or any special customization for your next-gen console that only got a GPU upgrade.

This is a 3d Voxel game after all. Not a flat 2D landscape like you have in GTA, Battlefield, Ark, or any of those other games you guys like to compare to. It takes a lot beefier core hardware to run everything they've been adding to the Alpha.

And this is the irony for me. This is exactly the point I was getting at and why the statement by Joel had to be intentionally ambiguous about what console will have compared to the PC. It was a warning about using Joel's statement to give the expectation the consoles and PC versions will be the same. Instead of that primary point, some people decided to use my worst case scenario example as an argument point I never made.

I get it, some people don't like having things they like not shown in a completely positive light. I do. It just urks me when they intentionally misrepresent what I posted to try and argue with me.

MJS101104
06-14-2018, 01:24 PM
you can keep the vehicles, i for one think its a waiste of valuable resources. the compound bow would be good. new zeds and water that looks and acts like water would be good. but as far as im concerned i would love the engine update over any content, itll make the effects smoother and many other things. i cant see the point in electricty and some of the crazy OP traps.

I agree. I'd be happier with less pudding brown water, smoother effects, and hopefully the updated engine will minimize, if not eliminate, the save lagging.New zombies and weapons like the compound bow would be great. I do like the lights we currently have access to, but I'm not sure what affect electricity will have on the game processes. So not in a hurry to get those. Plus, from videos I have seen on YouTube, electrical traps are a serious issue with frame rate drops on PC. Hate to see what that would be like on console.

Imjustdizzy
06-14-2018, 02:38 PM
I also play Friday the 13th the game and like 7 days to die the game is far from finished. But the developers of that game withhold a lot of information because you never want to make a promise you can not keep. They just ran into copyright litigation in court and had to suspend all DLC that they promised until (and if) it is resolved. Stop pushing the devs to release more info. More goes on behind the scenes then you can see. The sad part is some people accidently opened up some of the unfinished content in that game and we saw that it did work, but may never get released. Think of all the support they are going to lose with people waiting for that content and being told it may never happen even if it's functional. It's bad business to never give updates, and 7 days devs do let us know they are still working on things. But it's worst business to promise or suggest content then not deliver, whether it's intentional or not.

Daniel_longbow
06-14-2018, 05:58 PM
Clare do u know the realise date for alpha 16 for console I'm am exsided to hear about it hope to find out when it launch so I can get a idea of how long the wait will be thank you guys so much this is my only favorite game on the market I am pleased with ur guys keep up the good work

Azzimore
06-14-2018, 07:46 PM
Ya say that you are working on it yet nothing as to when it may be released. Guess that we will have to wait years before we have anything close to what's available on pc if we get them at all.

Wjiiv
06-15-2018, 06:10 AM
We both paid only 15€ (Germany) for the game what is a good deal for us and some others guys we showed that game in order to support us. But all in all it takes four sold copies of the game to bring as much cash as a full price game along a very expensive development (especially when the game is being optimized by getting a huge engine update).

To be fair, telltale is not the developer. They got rights for the console port. The price prolly is more a reflection of that than anything else. The cost for them is porting, bugs troubleshooting, and adapting a few noncompatable systems, dlcs, and possibly future updates. They were not responsible for years and years of development costs.

Imjustdizzy
06-15-2018, 02:35 PM
Ya say that you are working on it yet nothing as to when it may be released. Guess that we will have to wait years before we have anything close to what's available on pc if we get them at all.

Dude you need to read more. Most questions have been asked and answered. Don't be lazy and expect them to give YOU answers they already gave just because YOU asked. The console was released as a completed game. Any update is just a bonus and they are not obligated. The fact that they have given many updates already shows the dedication to this project. And the console is harder to work on then PC. If they spend months on an updated feature and then test it on console, if it's not comparable then all that time was wasted trying to make YOU a better game. Read more threads, all your questions have already been answered. And try to be grateful, no one had to reply to your post ether.

CerealKiller231
06-15-2018, 05:03 PM
Please go back to old mining and dump the dynamic hoards, both ruined the game!

Lax
06-15-2018, 07:39 PM

Interesting comment. How was mining done previously and why do you feel it was better that way? And regarding the dynamic hordes, my personal take on it, I actually like the added random stress, fear it adds, not knowing when a crowd of zeds might decide to pay you a visit.

Sometimes I'll be at my base working on some upgrade and start to hear footsteps outside. Sometimes I quickly run outside and capitalize on the extra fertilizer/fat that was just hand delivered to my doorstep. Other times I might quietly crouch in the corner to make sure they don't hear/see or smell me and just hope they quietly pass through with no drama so I can get back to my upgrades. Why don't you enjoy it? Just curious...

Damselx1
06-15-2018, 07:56 PM

The mining doesn't bother me but I do miss the days of a huge horde coming to trash your base. I used to love the protracted fight; horde nights now just feel like a bit of a nuisance, rather than a threat.

Muggs
06-16-2018, 01:35 AM
I don't see any dynamic hoards,the hoards are just hoards.Now screamer hoards they are better. The hoards mentioned in above post are wondering hoards and are alot more fun then supposed dynamic 7 day hoards.The dynamic system doesn't deliver,sometimes good others well... I have been alive months in game no deaths and the 7 day hoard was hardly nothing. The wife and I on day 28 both never dieing got 7 zombies. We had to exit game and restart three times before we got a hoard. I see no significant difference each hoard night.

kilgore_trout87
06-16-2018, 02:02 AM
Hi all,

Clare

--------------

Hi everyone,

The 7DTD Console Team

------------

It took me asking the folks at IG to get any update at all.

They told me I should talk to TT.

Maybe you folks should do a better job of keeping this community that naively bought your alpha product as a complete game if you are upset by people voicing their concerns about issues with the game they bought.

I dunno, maybe it's past the point of diminishing returns after the poor reception of the initial console release (which was pretty clearly rushed).

But that's not the fault of people who were excited about what you were trying to do and bought your game.

I am fully aware that consoles that cost $300-400 are not PCs that cost $1,000. I think most people get that.

It's not consumers' faults that they spent $40 on a game and expected it to play as well as other games that cos $40.

Spare me the "Console is a complete game! It's just much lousier than the PC version and costs the same price!" argument.

That's obviously a bad faith argument, and it really just comes off as a "screw you" to people who can't afford high-end PCs. It's not a great look.

I appreciate the communication. That is good.

But own up to making the thing you made and selling it for the price point you decided on.

I like this game. But it seems really shortsighted to cultivate an antagonistic relationship with people who liked what you wanted to do enough to pay $40.

MJS101104
06-16-2018, 06:49 AM
Spare me the "Console is a complete game! It's just much lousier than the PC version and costs the same price!" argument.

That's obviously a bad faith argument, and it really just comes off as a "screw you" to people who can't afford high-end PCs. It's not a great look.

I appreciate the communication. That is good.

But own up to making the thing you made and selling it for the price point you decided on.

I like this game. But it seems really shortsighted to cultivate an antagonistic relationship with people who liked what you wanted to do enough to pay $40.

Not sure I would call the argument that the "console versions were sold as a finished product" just a "screw you to people who can't afford high-end PCs." in fact, I'd argue the exact opposite. The consoles being a finished product of the A14 version shows two interrelated things.

1. It shows that neither the publisher TaleTell Games nor the developer Iron Galaxy have any obligation to add new content or updated features or game engine.
2. It shows that despite there being no obligation to add content and updates TT and IG are willing to do so. At least as much as the engine and hardware limitations will allow.

That doesn't strike me as a screw you to console players at all. The point being made is that TT and IG could have just said "screw you" we aren't adding anything and just walked away, but they didn't. And it also shows this isn't simply just about a cash grab either. Was it done to make money? Sure. That said, you have to wonder how much money they are actually making with the continued work they are putting in. With no DLCs or lootboxes and the like they aren't bringing it in hand over fist. Especially when you take into account discount sales.

I can sympathize with the frustration and anger with such long update periods and the lack of information. In the end you just have to decide if the waiting is worth it for you. For me, it is. For you, maybe not.

Tequipment
06-16-2018, 08:05 AM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm new to this game.
When the patch rolls out, will this be applied to whatever game or map we're currently on, or do we have to start a new game?

I sadly don't get very much time to play the game, so I'll be gutted if all my hard work will go out the window. Sometimes I only get a couple of hours a week to play and, to the amusement of my other half, often that is spent doing the less fun stuff like digging a tunnel or breaking rocks. If I have to go through that all again I'll be gutted.

SylenThunder
06-16-2018, 11:36 AM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm new to this game.
When the patch rolls out, will this be applied to whatever game or map we're currently on, or do we have to start a new game?

I sadly don't get very much time to play the game, so I'll be gutted if all my hard work will go out the window. Sometimes I only get a couple of hours a week to play and, to the amusement of my other half, often that is spent doing the less fun stuff like digging a tunnel or breaking rocks. If I have to go through that all again I'll be gutted.
With upgrading to a new game engine for the client, there is a very strong chance that it will require a fresh start.

Unfortunately, we won't likely have a definitive answer on this until the patch notes are announced.

Gazz
06-16-2018, 11:49 AM
It took me asking the folks at IG to get any update at all.

They told me I should talk to TT.
You got that right. This is exactly how it works.

TT has the license to publish the console version.
They are who you bought the game from so they are your point of contact.

IG are their "development department" (except that it's a different company) and IG will do anything but make any announcements.

Damselx1
06-16-2018, 03:38 PM
I don't see any dynamic hoards,the hoards are just hoards.Now screamer hoards they are better. The hoards mentioned in above post are wondering hoards and are alot more fun then supposed dynamic 7 day hoards.The dynamic system doesn't deliver,sometimes good others well... I have been alive months in game no deaths and the 7 day hoard was hardly nothing. The wife and I on day 28 both never dieing got 7 zombies. We had to exit game and restart three times before we got a hoard. I see no significant difference each hoard night.

You see the dynamic hordes every horde night - they were changed ages ago (they started to lag the consoles to the point it was unplayable unless the corpses were destroyed) but (for me anyway) they are rather boring compared to the frantic affair they used to be, when you had a couple of dozen zombies charging through your defences. They used to level up faster too. The hordes I mentioned were not the wandering hordes - I know the difference.

I do agree that the screamer hordes (and the wandering hordes) are a lot more fun than the horde night. I live in hope that the number of zombies able to attack on horde nights is increased.

Muggs
06-16-2018, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=Damselx1;820441]You see the dynamic hordes every horde night - they were changed ages ago (they started to lag the consoles to the point it was unplayable unless the corpses were destroyed) but (for me anyway) they are rather boring compared to the frantic affair they used to be, when you had a couple of dozen zombies charging through your defences. They used to level up faster too. The hordes I mentioned were not the wandering hordes - I know the difference.

I do agree that the screamer hordes (and the wandering hordes) are a lot more fun than the horde night. I live in hope that the number of zombies able to attack on horde nights is increased.[/QUOTE

Outlaw_187
06-17-2018, 05:11 AM
........I do agree that the screamer hordes (and the wandering hordes) are a lot more fun than the horde night. I live in hope that the number of zombies able to attack on horde nights is increased.

Same here. Ill admit, i still get a little tense at the start of a horde night but by the end i realized it wasnt bad at all. Im guessing the difference is i was well prepared.

Now a few days before my day 28 horde, i was hit with a screamer horde. Thought nothing of it, went down to dispatch her. Well she screamed, spawning in another screamer, which spawned another screamer, which spawned a feral wight & a zombie bear. Yes my arse was handed to me 😖

MJS101104
06-17-2018, 06:03 AM
Same here. Ill admit, i still get a little tense at the start of a horde night but by the end i realized it wasnt bad at all. Im guessing the difference is i was well prepared.

Now a few days before my day 28 horde, i was hit with a screamer horde. Thought nothing of it, went down to dispatch her. Well she screamed, spawning in another screamer, which spawned another screamer, which spawned a feral wight & a zombie bear. Yes my arse was handed to me 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't dynamic hordes supposed to scale and become progressively worse as time goes by? So early on they are fairly easy but eventually you'll get dogs, cops, ferals and zom bears? Also, it seems to me that another issue with horde nights is that the waves start to dwindle down to just the occasional single zombie about 3 to 4 in game hours before day time. Which isn't too bad if you play with 50 or 60 minute days I guess, but on 120 minute days it leaves you just standing aroung picking off the occasional straggler.

Maybe the updated engine will allow them to change the way dynamic hordes work and make them more harrowing. Of course, without knowledge of how it works I have no clue. But hopefully there is some way to improve them. Like setting the max number spawnable to a reasonable, lag free max but have zombies continuously spawn in up to the max number until an in game hour before day time? I don't know. For all I know that could be how it works already.

Damselx1
06-17-2018, 06:49 AM

Now a few days before my day 28 horde, i was hit with a screamer horde. Thought nothing of it, went down to dispatch her. Well she screamed, spawning in another screamer, which spawned another screamer, which spawned a feral wight & a zombie bear. Yes my arse was handed to me ��

That's what I like about them - there's a threat to them. On the last survivor world I played, my day 28 horde was fought from inside a 5x5 fenced area, ringed with barbed wire fences. I used a bow and arrow, and the spiky club to see them off. Compared to how frantic the hordes used to be by day 28, this felt pedestrian.

Damselx1
06-17-2018, 06:56 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't dynamic hordes supposed to scale and become progressively worse as time goes by? So early on they are fairly easy but eventually you'll get dogs, cops, ferals and zom bears? Also, it seems to me that another issue with horde nights is that the waves start to dwindle down to just the occasional single zombie about 3 to 4 in game hours before day time. Which isn't too bad if you play with 50 or 60 minute days I guess, but on 120 minute days it leaves you just standing aroung picking off the occasional straggler.

Maybe the updated engine will allow them to change the way dynamic hordes work and make them more harrowing. Of course, without knowledge of how it works I have no clue. But hopefully there is some way to improve them. Like setting the max number spawnable to a reasonable, lag free max but have zombies continuously spawn in up to the max number until an in game hour before day time? I don't know. For all I know that could be how it works already.

Yes, the dynamic horde is meant to get harder each time, depending on how many times you died, your level, how many are playing, etc. It does seem to take a long time to build up now and after experiencing the old hordes, the dynamic one feels a bit boring. Once it levels up it is better but you need to put in a lot of time to get there. My understanding is that there is a quota to reach and then it just sends a few stragglers to keep it going until morning, which is a pain if you're on 120 minute days. I'd rather we got a higher quota, but it stopped once we reached it. I also hope that they'll eventually raise the number of zombies that cam come at once. Horde night used to be the highlight of the game for me - I hope that will once again be the case.

falizure
06-18-2018, 12:33 AM
Ok so, i normally hate to resurrect a old topic like this but i just have to put in my 2 cents, and as a owner of both versions i feel i can provide a perspective here to both, first off much of the problem is because the console version lacks the latest content and updates which could have easily been done along side or immediately after the pc version rather then waiting, yes i understand they want to wait to do 1 big update when the engine changes inorder to save development time, but, as it stands now their just no comparison, the electrical and base defense update was a massive game changer, and easily doubled the amount of content of the game, not having that on console really really kills a lot of interest, now the argument for the console is that you are garanteed a certain level of performance, me and my bf purchased the console version so we could play together when my pc was unable to handle the game anymore, we had a bit of fun playing together but quickly got bored when we realized they lack of content and stopped playing entirely, now i have a new pc and we are both playing together again happily on pc with no plans on ever playing the xbox version when we have a version with more content elsewhere, the argument that it was released as a game is somewhat valid but thats only if you compare it on its own merits, when you have the pc version side by side its no competition, theirs no reason to buy the console version over the pc if your pc is capable of running it, and as for tt, they may be under no obligation to maintain it however since it is not even based on but a actual clone of 7days, it has the potential to reflect negatively on the brand if it is not maintained, so they have a certain level of obligation to tfp by simply selling the product they should have committed to a level of maintanence on it, it also reflects poorly on tt when they have the rights to work on a product and dont actively do so, and that doesn't seam to bother them which i take as a dangerous path down the road towards corporate controlled.

Jimmy the Tulip
06-18-2018, 12:56 AM
Yes, the dynamic horde is meant to get harder each time, depending on how many times you died, your level, how many are playing, etc. It does seem to take a long time to build up now and after experiencing the old hordes, the dynamic one feels a bit boring. Once it levels up it is better but you need to put in a lot of time to get there. My understanding is that there is a quota to reach and then it just sends a few stragglers to keep it going until morning, which is a pain if you're on 120 minute days. I'd rather we got a higher quota, but it stopped once we reached it. I also hope that they'll eventually raise the number of zombies that cam come at once. Horde night used to be the highlight of the game for me - I hope that will once again be the case.

Totally agree with you about Horde Night.
I have my zom settings on max spawning. I've just made it through day 49 and, from my improvised Days End Suites base, I faced perhaps a two dozen zoms spread throughout the night. This did include 2 cops, a few dogs and 2 spiders but it just lacked....excitement.

I had iron reinforced blocks at my front door and a shooting platform off the office roof from which I could see the door. I've been lucky enough to find a Sniper and a Sawn-Off but most of the work was done with my trusty crossbow. The zoms barely made it through the door before the night was over. I know that good preparations should make for an easier horde night but it is a little too pedestrian.

Outlaw_187
06-18-2018, 01:37 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't dynamic hordes supposed to scale and become progressively worse as time goes by? So early on they are fairly easy but eventually you'll get dogs, cops, ferals and zom bears? Also, it seems to me that another issue with horde nights is that the waves start to dwindle down to just the occasional single zombie about 3 to 4 in game hours before day time......

Yes this would absolutely blow on 120 min days!! The hordes are supoose to get progressively harder but like damsel says it just takes forever. Seemed to me like the day 14 & 21 day hordes were way more difficult but i had less supplies too (not many guns & hardly any ammo).
The few zombies at a time we get towards the end of the horde is what madmole refered to as the "trickle effect". Again, i agree with damsel, the older hordes were way more butt hole puckering.

Ah well, this game still rocks in my opinion & cant wait to see what we get. I do hope they give us a 90 min day option as ive never tried 120 min days cause that just seems too long. The default 50 mins is too short & obviously the 60 min wouldnt extend it by that much more but thats what i play on.

MJS101104
06-18-2018, 06:04 AM
Hopefully the engine update will allow them to improve the horde dynamic, time will tell.

I do want to mention something Outlaw brought up, namely supplies affecting your experiences with the horde. I think this is something to consider, as well as the empact other settings have on hord nights. As mentioned, the horde nights seem rather bland. But I think some settings exacerbate the promblems, such as 120 minute days, whether zombies are set to run at night or not. Those two alone would affect the perception of horde nights as well. Not sure if "dynamic hordes" take these things into account. Though, judging from my recent horde night experience playing with 120 minute days I don't think so. Given the extreme lull in end of night hordes compared to how it started I don't think it does.

Hopefully the new engine update will allow for not only more content but an improvement in game play quality as well. It's a good game with a lot of potential on consoles. Hopefully this update will move us in that direction, but I also don't want to get my expectations to high.

crazywildfire
06-18-2018, 06:45 AM
Ok so, i normally hate to resurrect a old topic like this but i just have to put in my 2 cents, and as a owner of both versions i feel i can provide a perspective here to both, first off much of the problem is because the console version lacks the latest content and updates which could have easily been done along side or immediately after the pc version rather then waiting, yes i understand they want to wait to do 1 big update when the engine changes inorder to save development time, but, as it stands now their just no comparison, the electrical and base defense update was a massive game changer, and easily doubled the amount of content of the game, not having that on console really really kills a lot of interest, now the argument for the console is that you are garanteed a certain level of performance, me and my bf purchased the console version so we could play together when my pc was unable to handle the game anymore, we had a bit of fun playing together but quickly got bored when we realized they lack of content and stopped playing entirely, now i have a new pc and we are both playing together again happily on pc with no plans on ever playing the xbox version when we have a version with more content elsewhere, the argument that it was released as a game is somewhat valid but thats only if you compare it on its own merits, when you have the pc version side by side its no competition, theirs no reason to buy the console version over the pc if your pc is capable of running it, and as for tt, they may be under no obligation to maintain it however since it is not even based on but a actual clone of 7days, it has the potential to reflect negatively on the brand if it is not maintained, so they have a certain level of obligation to tfp by simply selling the product they should have committed to a level of maintanence on it, it also reflects poorly on tt when they have the rights to work on a product and dont actively do so, and that doesn't seam to bother them which i take as a dangerous path down the road towards corporate controlled.

Not sure why it is so hard to understand. They made it plain and clear and in black and white here on the forums. If you are putting the console and PC version side by side that is all on you or who ever is doing so. They have said they are two different games. They have said that no guarantee the console will have everything PC has and gave a list of info regarding why that is. But it really shocks me that for someone that has both copies doesn't see why console doesn't have as much. As it currently stands the electricity would kill the console. I have a pretty medium high end laptop. The specs on that laptop blows the console out of the water. The blade traps alone no counting anything else starts to show signs of frames drops and lag depending on how many. Not counting other things that do the same. Console just can't handle that as of right now. Look at the lag and such just driving the mini bike around on console. Maybe with the unity update they will be able to do more but I wouldn't get any hopes up on anything specific because some stuff may still not get added regardless how one may feel about it. The. On top of that who to say after this next console update that they will be able to add anymore content to console. Nobody has the answers right now so it is something we have to wait and see and be grateful if more does come. If that isn't ok with someone then I would say maybe console isn't for you and you should look into getting a PC because that is just the way it is. Like it or not.

GermanPatriot
06-18-2018, 09:41 AM
It was really helpful if it was possible to customize the spawn rate of some enemy types. For example we should be able to set the share of cops of all enemys manually up to 15%, feral wights up to 10%, zombie bears up to 10% and the rest will be standard zeds.

This could be a way to let everyone customize the game to make it work the way he wants. And for everyone who needs to get ass kicked, just disable standard enemy spawn and try to keep on the road only with cops, ferals and bears all over the area.

When the game engine is upgraded to Unity 2017 it should not be a problem to let the game run smoothly while you fight a bunch of cops. We do not need 30 enemies at once but it would be very cool if we could set enemy spawn probabilities manually.

maughanorama
06-18-2018, 10:30 AM
im hoping at some point that the lighting effects go back to how it was originally on console until all the snowflakes moaned about it. or at least bring the lighting in line with pc. and before anyone say it was causing lagg, no it was'nt it was snowflakes moaning about feeling ill.

Muggs
06-18-2018, 10:26 PM
If you leave 7days to die so it saves.
Load another game not 7D2D,then load 7D2D again.
When your game starts you'll have another hoard.

The wife and I get three hoards on hoard night on 120min days.

GermanPatriot
06-18-2018, 11:42 PM
If you have replied to my posting, that is a pretty nice hint BUT it does not make the game really harder because dealing with standard zeds is still too easy. We need EXPLOSIONS to get our bases destroyed.

MJS101104
06-19-2018, 05:19 AM
If you leave 7days to die so it saves.
Load another game not 7D2D,then load 7D2D again.
When your game starts you'll have another hoard.

The wife and I get three hoards on hoard night on 120min days.

I suppose that could be a viable alternative, but it doesn't say much for the quality of the dynamic horde system if this is the best method available. Then there is the issue of load times, which are rather lengthy for random generated worlds. I suppose if you're willing to sit through the load times it's worth a shot. Like most things in life, it's up to the player to decide for themselves if the time invested is worth it.

KevRog
06-19-2018, 06:22 PM
Yes I believe it will be a good idea to set our own enemy spawn rates I always have mine on very high and still some on hourd night I get bout 10 zombies max sometimes none at all.

KevRog
06-19-2018, 06:27 PM
Im hoping console version will follow pc version im always viewing YouTube clips of the game from pc gamers and there version looks alot better but I know it is harder for the console version due to how the console is built.

GermanPatriot
06-19-2018, 08:58 PM
But all in all it does not matter if there are some feral wights oder some nurses coming around on day XY. The only differences between them are their hit points, their damage count and their model along with different textures, sounds ans animations. So there is no point in trying to tell us that it is not possible to let there spawn more hard enemies due to hardware limits.

Just give us control over the enemy spawn probabilities and we will customize it the way we want it to be. Especially for those who need it the hardest way after a long period of having weak hordes.

SylenThunder
06-19-2018, 10:11 PM
Spawning isn't the only issue. The issue with not having more zombie types is that the core system you are playing on doesn't have enough RAM to load all of the textures. Sure they could add harder Z's with the same textures, but then how would you tell them apart?

Imagine all the rage when you go to headshot a fattie and find out that his HP regens faster than you can deal damage with your arrows. But you didn't know, because he looked just like the other fattie you can one-shot.

The abysmal hardware limitations on the console are perfectly relevant both to the amount of content available in the client, and for what the
client is able to manage in the spawn mechanics.
Thankfully, the update being worked on adds a lot of optimization, and reduces the overhead that the client requires. Which will allow for more variety, and more zombies alive at once.

ShaneWalsh
06-20-2018, 06:37 AM
A year or so ago they said they may look into adding it after the game goes gold, but it wasn't a priority. It's questionable as to whether it would even function in a full 3D Voxel environment.

Hi Sylen, Do you think you could ask for a mode that just has reg Zombies and no specials... and larger hordes. Thank you for everything on PS4Pro and Xbox X!

GermanPatriot
06-20-2018, 06:53 AM
Spawning isn't the only issue. The issue with not having more zombie types is that the core system you are playing on doesn't have enough RAM to load all of the textures. Sure they could add harder Z's with the same textures, but then how would you tell them apart?

Imagine all the rage when you go to headshot a fattie and find out that his HP regens faster than you can deal damage with your arrows. But you didn't know, because he looked just like the other fattie you can one-shot.

The abysmal hardware limitations on the console are perfectly relevant both to the amount of content available in the client, and for what the
client is able to manage in the spawn mechanics.
Thankfully, the update being worked on adds a lot of optimization, and reduces the overhead that the client requires. Which will allow for more variety, and more zombies alive at once.

Of course you are right with that but what I mean is that the whole run was more diffucult and interesting if there were more hard zombies instead of standard zeds. It does not matter if there are spawning two more feral wights instead of some Denzel-Washington-guys or some nurses.
This cannot be limited by the consoles hardware, it is just a variation in the spawn settings, just some different numbers and values. The difference would be big enough to have a way harder challenge.

Outlaw_187
06-20-2018, 11:12 PM
This is a total noob question but something ive been curious about.

Do boulders, coal & nitrate surface deposits, and trees (not replanted by seeds) eventually respawn?
Kinda like how loot containers eventually respawn depending on settings & if players have been in the area.

411waytoo
06-21-2018, 03:31 AM
Hi all,

Clare

--------------

Hi everyone,

The 7DTD Console Team

------------

So I'm excited to see some news but I feel like this still isn't enough at the same time. It would really nice to see the console to get the 2018 unity just like p.c. I understand it's alot of work. But ♥♥♥♥ it's already been a good while since our last patch. Honestly you should consider smaller updates and implementing features little by little instead of 1-2 patches a year. This is a great game with awesome potential.

crazywildfire
06-21-2018, 06:12 AM
So I'm excited to see some news but I feel like this still isn't enough at the same time. It would really nice to see the console to get the 2018 unity just like p.c. I understand it's alot of work. But ♥♥♥♥ it's already been a good while since our last patch. Honestly you should consider smaller updates and implementing features little by little instead of 1-2 patches a year. This is a great game with awesome potential.

Again with the lack of reading before posting. The unity update they are working on is the same unity update they just did for the PC. Anything else we just have to wait and see because nothing they add past the release of the game is guaranteed. But besides that and the fact that PC is in alpha and console is not the PC has been like 11 to 12 months from A16 released and A17 hasn't released yet so that should show how much this unity update has done and show that it isn't something to update over night it is a big update to the engine so it is taking time to get everything pretty much redone.

Damselx1
06-21-2018, 06:16 AM

What would be the point on working on a small fix when the whole thing is being upgraded anyway? It would be a waste of time and resources. Historically, they have done regular patches with bug fixes, improvements and occasional bits of content, but with a big update coming, a longer wait for the next patch seems perfectly understandable. Generally, the longer we wait, the better/bigger the patch will be.

Evil Genius Prime
06-21-2018, 07:37 AM
If youíre worried about accidental neck biting weíll be taking precautions. If youíre put of by the undead nature of the strippers well, itís the end of times, you canít always be picky.

Muzzles? Or will their teeth be pulled out with pliers first?

Tricksyboom
06-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Muzzles? Or will their teeth be pulled out with pliers first?

We’re going for the pliers approach ;)

Chrisdaddy
06-21-2018, 05:22 PM
Hey Is This The Current Update Thread For 7 Days Ps4 Console Update ? Just Want To Make Sure I'm Following The Correct Thread Thanks. :tickled_pink:

GermanPatriot
06-21-2018, 05:32 PM
Yes, it is. Here we are speculating what is about to come with the next update.

Darkphnix
06-21-2018, 06:07 PM
This is a total noob question but something ive been curious about.

Do boulders, coal & nitrate surface deposits, and trees (not replanted by seeds) eventually respawn?
Kinda like how loot containers eventually respawn depending on settings & if players have been in the area.

Yeah thatís a little off topic here. Maybe post it in the discussion forum. Iíve wondered the same thing. From what I can tell, and not being scientific about it is that the surface deposits, birds nest, trash bags, and those dead scrubby trees you can one shot with a stone axe randomly respawn when the area resets. I always just chop them up as I loot them and in time there are always more. The larger tress like pine, spruce, maple Iím not sure. Would need to clear a few areas and the stay away until they reset to see.

Outlaw_187
06-22-2018, 05:16 AM
Yeah thatís a little off topic here. Maybe post it in the discussion forum. Iíve wondered the same thing. From what I can tell, and not being scientific about it is that the surface deposits, birds nest, trash bags, and those dead scrubby trees you can one shot with a stone axe randomly respawn when the area resets. I always just chop them up as I loot them and in time there are always more. The larger tress like pine, spruce, maple Iím not sure. Would need to clear a few areas and the stay away until they reset to see.

Yeah i know its a little off topic but didnt see the need to create a thread just for that simple question.
Oh well, i suppose i should test it out sometime if im that curious.

I also hope we get the new gun mods in this update, getting rid of the gun parts. Although im not holding my breath as i know this is an alpha 17 addition.

crazywildfire
06-22-2018, 07:04 AM
Yeah i know its a little off topic but didnt see the need to create a thread just for that simple question
Oh well, i suppose i should test it out sometime if im that curious.

I also hope we get the new gun mods in this update, getting rid of the gun parts. Although im not holding my breath as i know this is an alpha 17 addition.

I wouldn't on breath either. But with that said it looks as if A17 will drop before this update so depending how the new gun system is put in and if it is not that buggy it very well have a chance to be put in. It just all depends. They put a few things from A16 in the summer update so this is why I say this. Just with all that said don't hold breath at the same time lol

Outlaw_187
06-22-2018, 08:11 AM
I wouldn't on breath either. But with that said it looks as if A17 will drop before this update so depending how the new gun system is put in and if it is not that buggy it very well have a chance to be put in. It just all depends. They put a few things from A16 in the summer update so this is why I say this. Just with all that said don't hold breath at the same time lol

Thats the reason i had a small hope we might get some A17 stuff snuck in.
Ill be happy with whatever tho. I just got back in to playing again, been having a blast.
Cant wait for the new stuff & better optimization.

Lax
06-23-2018, 03:03 AM
...The abysmal hardware limitations on the console....

In your opinion, how much RAM do you think the console needs to run a game like 7 Days? Is the issue the RAM alone or RAM and Processor? Do developers ever try to convince Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo to beef up their hardware so it can adequately run their games and do the console makers ever listen?

crazywildfire
06-23-2018, 06:48 AM
In your opinion, how much RAM do you think the console needs to run a game like 7 Days? Is the issue the RAM alone or RAM and Processor? Do developers ever try to convince Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo to beef up there hardware so it can adequately run their games and do the console makers ever listen?

The ram on the pro and the X are probably ok I mean they could probably do with a little extra but could probably manage where they are. The CPU for both are still under specs for this game. The processor I think on console is a I3 or something and this game recommends at least the I5 but the I7 would be better. The issue with Sony and Microsoft is they system it self. They prepare a game system get it out together then sale it. Then it is about 6 to 8 years before they release a new one (not a updated version of the one they just released a complete new one) by the time you go from putting it together and put them out to sale they system is already outdated compared to a PC. They can put a game system together right now with high end specs as a PC. Sale it and it will be outdated shortly after. PC parts update/upgrade so often it isn't even funny. They have money to do so because parts are sold separately by a different company and so on. So these companies that make all these PC parts have money to do test after test to improve the next computer part they put out. Sony and Microsoft don't make that much money off the consoles to do testing after testing like that. They do enough to make sure you get a good gaming console but again it is already outdated by the time you buy it. Why you think console cost 400 when released and a pretty good PC is double to triple that price and a really good high end gaming computer is even more. This is just a little info about it and way more info on the subject is out there. I just kinda did a pretty short version put of the top of my head. It can be really complicated to understand it all unless you do some good research. But if you do you would understand a little to why. But hope the little I shared may help.

Lax
06-23-2018, 08:44 AM
.....But hope the little I shared may help.

Yes, it does. Thanks for the input. If I want a decent PC to game on, I can of course build one from scratch to make sure it has enough RAM, a sufficient processor and a solid graphics card to keep up with the technology for a few years. And the console makers love to offer consoles with different specs to cater to the casual gamer vs the hardcore gamer. Why not offer a console that has PC like specs, demo it running a game like 7 Days and sell it to the hardcore gamer willing to buy it? Is it feasible to offer a separate "build your own console" model to the console community? Decide how much RAM you want, a faster processor and place a custom order. I wonder if something like that could work.

kilgore_trout87
06-23-2018, 05:57 PM
It's been a year since the last substantive update. Can you please give us an ETA on the Unity upgrade?

I don't think that's an unreasonable request.

"At some point that is later then now, there will probably be an update that adds some new stuff" is not "news." All of us already knew that.

If you're not going to offer us an actual status update, then don't jerk us around by giving us a faux status update.

Just be honest and tell console players, "We don't care about you; you are not a priority. Maybe you'll get new stuff if TFP, IG, and TT get super bored or something."

Why is it so hard to offer an expected ETA? Is the team so bad at their jobs that after all this time, they still have no idea how long projects take?

Burn26
06-23-2018, 10:00 PM
We don't care about content. I just want the game to not crash after every 2 hours. And the sad part is me and two friends are on the one x and it seems to run better on the og Xbox and Xbox s.

kilgore_trout87
06-23-2018, 10:53 PM
I have never run into the issues you mention running the game on PS4. So I'm biased.

But I haven't played the game in months because there's nothing new and interesting to do in it.

Furthermore, the focus of the update is irrelevant to the core of my argument, that the devs should, by now, understand roughly how long they expect a project to take.

Saying, "there will be a patch sometime that is later than now" is farting in the wind.

kilgore_trout87
06-23-2018, 11:11 PM
Not sure I would call the argument that the "console versions were sold as a finished product" just a "screw you to people who can't afford high-end PCs." in fact, I'd argue the exact opposite. The consoles being a finished product of the A14 version shows two interrelated things.

1. It shows that neither the publisher TaleTell Games nor the developer Iron Galaxy have any obligation to add new content or updated features or game engine.
2. It shows that despite there being no obligation to add content and updates TT and IG are willing to do so. At least as much as the engine and hardware limitations will allow.

That doesn't strike me as a screw you to console players at all. The point being made is that TT and IG could have just said "screw you" we aren't adding anything and just walked away, but they didn't. And it also shows this isn't simply just about a cash grab either. Was it done to make money? Sure. That said, you have to wonder how much money they are actually making with the continued work they are putting in. With no DLCs or lootboxes and the like they aren't bringing it in hand over fist. Especially when you take into account discount sales.

I can sympathize with the frustration and anger with such long update periods and the lack of information. In the end you just have to decide if the waiting is worth it for you. For me, it is. For you, maybe not.

So, if I decide it's not worth the wait, does that mean I get a refund?

Didn't think so.

The fact is, IG, TT, and TFP have decided they've made all the money they're gonna make on console, so console development and bug fixing is their lowest priority.

Telling us that, "there will be a patch at some later time" is just farting in the wind. Of course there's always going to be patches eventually; that's how it's always worked. We already expected that.

This isn't an announcement. This is a PR ruse to tell console players to ST♥U.

I'll stop complaining when the devs give us an actual rough timeline. Until that happens, the devs have done nothing to inspire any confidence they care about the console experience.

I wouldn't recommend anyone buy this buggy, unfinished game for more that $5. At the $39.99 price I paid, I got ripped off, and unfortunately I have no recourse but to keep insisting they make the game I paid $39.99 for worth $39.99.

kilgore_trout87
06-23-2018, 11:32 PM
The ram on the pro and the X are probably ok I mean they could probably do with a little extra but could probably manage where they are. The CPU for both are still under specs for this game. The processor I think on console is a I3 or something and this game recommends at least the I5 but the I7 would be better.

This is inaccurate. It took me five seconds to Google this: https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/30/16569422/sony-ps4-pro-vs-microsoft-xbox-one-x-spec-comparison

SylenThunder
06-24-2018, 01:45 PM
The ram on the pro and the X are probably ok I mean they could probably do with a little extra but could probably manage where they are. The CPU for both are still under specs for this game. The processor I think on console is a I3 or something and this game recommends at least the I5 but the I7 would be better.

This is inaccurate. It took me five seconds to Google this: https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/30/16569422/sony-ps4-pro-vs-microsoft-xbox-one-x-spec-comparison
That doesn't even cover details about how the RAM on the XB1-X runs slower than it's predecessor due to the new memory management architecture.
Both the PS4 Pro and the XB1-X are pathetic excuses for an upgrade. Especially considering how old and outdated the original hardware was when it released.

I also post the link to the sticky thread with detailed hardware specs (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62391-When-Will-the-Console-Version-Have-_______&p=624352&viewfull=1#post624352) explaining precisely why the consoles are too slow to have the fun things that exist on the PC.

Optimization in the update they are currently working on is really the only thing that's going to allow much to be added to the console version.

Oh, and just for those who are waiting for the next next-gen consoles.....
Things are looking a tab bleak atm. (https://gizmodo.com/if-streaming-is-the-future-of-console-gaming-it-might-1827056790)

GermanPatriot
06-24-2018, 03:54 PM
We don't care about content. I just want the game to not crash after every 2 hours. And the sad part is me and two friends are on the one x and it seems to run better on the og Xbox and Xbox s.

I play the game on PS4 and it crashes only once a week when I play it for 3 or 4 times per week for some hours. So I can't confirm this amount of crashes on PS4.

ink625
06-24-2018, 04:18 PM
I play the game on PS4 and it crashes only once a week when I play it for 3 or 4 times per week for some hours. So I can't confirm this amount of crashes on PS4.

My wife plays this 3 to 5 hours per day, 7 days a week on PS4, and it only crashes about once a month.

MJS101104
06-24-2018, 06:10 PM
So, if I decide it's not worth the wait, does that mean I get a refund?

Didn't think so.

The fact is, IG, TT, and TFP have decided they've made all the money they're gonna make on console, so console development and bug fixing is their lowest priority.

Telling us that, "there will be a patch at some later time" is just farting in the wind. Of course there's always going to be patches eventually; that's how it's always worked. We already expected that.

This isn't an announcement. This is a PR ruse to tell console players to STFU.

I'll stop complaining when the devs give us an actual rough timeline. Until that happens, the devs have done nothing to inspire any confidence they care about the console experience.

I wouldn't recommend anyone buy this buggy, unfinished game for more that $5. At the $39.99 price I paid, I got ripped off, and unfortunately I have no recourse but to keep insisting they make the game I paid $39.99 for worth $39.99.

I started to respond to this, got abot a sentence and a half in when it hit me. I just don't care anymore. People gonna bitch, whine, and complain as they like. I said my peace already, so I'm good.

MJS101104
06-24-2018, 06:21 PM
My wife plays this 3 to 5 hours per day, 7 days a week on PS4, and it only crashes about once a month.

I've been playing this copy of the game on PS4 for about 2 years now. It has crashed maybe three times in that amount of time. I've had one "base reset" thus far, and I use quotes because the reset was just a door. Nothing else. So I've either been very lucky or had an exceptionally rare game with fewer bugs. And bear in mind, I'm talking 5 hours or more evertime without major issues. So not sure what the deal is. I have experienced the disconnection issues, but have a feeling those were mostly due to unstable internet not a bug. Since I was able to play entended periods with those same people.

Burn26
06-24-2018, 06:35 PM
I'm happy that you are happy southern boy from Georgia. But it us hard to believe that out of all those years you have only had those problems.

kilgore_trout87
06-24-2018, 07:54 PM
That doesn't even cover details about how the RAM on the XB1-X runs slower than it's predecessor due to the new memory management architecture.
Both the PS4 Pro and the XB1-X are pathetic excuses for an upgrade. Especially considering how old and outdated the original hardware was when it released.

I also post the link to the sticky thread with detailed hardware specs (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62391-When-Will-the-Console-Version-Have-_______&p=624352&viewfull=1#post624352) explaining precisely why the consoles are too slow to have the fun things that exist on the PC.

Optimization in the update they are currently working on is really the only thing that's going to allow much to be added to the console version.

Things are looking a tab bleak atm. (https://gizmodo.com/if-streaming-is-the-future-of-console-gaming-it-might-1827056790)

He was completely wrong about the processors. They aren't even Intel. He was just blatantly talking out of his ass, couldn't bother to take five seconds to Google something before blathering completely inaccurately.

ink625
06-24-2018, 07:55 PM
I've been playing this copy of the game on PS4 for about 2 years now. It has crashed maybe three times in that amount of time. I've had one "base reset" thus far, and I use quotes because the reset was just a door. Nothing else. So I've either been very lucky or had an exceptionally rare game with fewer bugs. And bear in mind, I'm talking 5 hours or more evertime without major issues. So not sure what the deal is. I have experienced the disconnection issues, but have a feeling those were mostly due to unstable internet not a bug. Since I was able to play entended periods with those same people.

Combined, my wife and I have probably played upwards of 1500 hours of 7 Days To Die on PS4 since the day it came out , probably right around half of it in split-screen, and we've also only had one base reset. That was nearly a year ago too.

Gmad03
06-25-2018, 12:35 AM
So it pc getting unity 2018 and console is getting unity 2017? I thought I read this at one point just canít remember also what version of unity was the pc version using before the new upgrade?

Gmad03
06-25-2018, 01:11 AM
I definitely agree that a better job could be done on informing the console community on information. But I donít put all the blame on Clare she only can tell us what she is told. But I definitely think a new approach needs to be taken. Iím curious how big the console team is. Iíd assume itís pretty small based on how slow the updates come. But any and all upgrades changes are appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Iím curious if console is going to get some other things that pc doesnít have weapon variations etc. the main hope is md5 fixes performance boost new zombies and town generation.

jpbrazilian
06-25-2018, 09:25 AM
Had it since launch, play on weekends (6 hours on sat/sun); and it has never crashed. Play in random gen, nomad difficulty (not that it matters).
Looking forward to the new update! Bring new buildings and new zombies: everything else can wait.

MJS101104
06-25-2018, 10:59 AM
I'm happy that you are happy southern boy from Georgia. But it us hard to believe that out of all those years you have only had those problems.

Believe what you you want. Aside from a couple of bugs that got fixed quickly, like blocks not being able to be placed in empty air spaces and one issue that turned out to be due to a faulty controller, it's true. When I first got this game it had some issues, or things I thought were issues that weren't. This was before my wife got the game for me again for Chistmas after I had to sell my first copy a few months after I got it to help pay for her diabetes medication.

This is my second copy of the game, and I have had none of the issues I did with my firsr copy. Whether that's due to them fixing bugs between copies or simply due to having a stable copy of the game this time. Which was why I said perhaps I have just been lucky, because this time around I have had few issues with it despite hours of extended game play.

MJS101104
06-25-2018, 11:07 AM
- - - Updated - - -

I’m curious if console is going to get some other things that pc doesn’t have weapon variations etc. the main hope is md5 fixes performance boost new zombies and town generation.

I'm not sure if the MD5 error can be eliminated entirely on XBOX, their MD5s has something to do how Microsoft chose to save game files if I'm not mistaken. Unless Unity can some how be optimized to compensate for that, it won't be possible if it's the system itself causing the error when the game auto saves.

kilgore_trout87
06-25-2018, 04:26 PM
I definitely agree that a better job could be done on informing the console community on information. But I donít put all the blame on Clare she only can tell us what she is told. But I definitely think a new approach needs to be taken. Iím curious how big the console team is. Iíd assume itís pretty small based on how slow the updates come. But any and all upgrades changes are appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Iím curious if console is going to get some other things that pc doesnít have weapon variations etc. the main hope is md5 fixes performance boost new zombies and town generation.

TFP need to own up to botching the support and continued development of the console version of the game. I've e-mailed Iron Galaxy to ask that they be more responsive about the content and timeline of console updates. They've said that was on Telltale. I emailed TT regarding the same issue, TT blames TFP.

Ultimately, responsibility should fall on TFP. They are the ones who made the game and struck the deal with TT and IG. They need to either do a better job keeping console players aprised of the status and development plans for the console game or admit that they don't care about the schmucks who paid $40 for an unfinished, broken port.

Jimmy the Tulip
06-26-2018, 10:12 PM
I'm an XBO player. Been playing for probably 2 years, not prolifically but a few hours every week. Most of my playing is solo which I know makes a difference. I haven't had a crash or a "reset" in probably a year.

LONEWOLF231
06-27-2018, 02:40 PM

lol so you are actually going by what the internet is telling you??? Come on man you are acting like you barely started using the internet. We still dont know what the specs of the next gen consoles are. You should always take rumors with a grain of salt. Also on a side note if you dont like consoles you shouldnt be a mod in the Console section of the game. You should stick to the PC side and let someone else that isnt biased mod this section. Just saying.

SylenThunder
06-27-2018, 03:00 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like consoles. I am also familiar with how limited they are. I'm not going to sugar coat things and tell you the console may get things it can't handle because the hardware was out of date when it was released.

As far at the next-gen consoles, no one has hard information. That article was pretty detailed, and had information from Sony and Microsoft on what their personal expectations are. If they follow suit, then then next generation will not be that much more powerful than the current. Simply because it doesn't need to be for the direction they are intending to go. Overall that's probably a cheaper choice for console market consumers in the long run. Games that require beefier specs are again going to struggle on them.

Even Minecraft had to implement limitations to the game in order to port to the consoles, and it runs on Java. This isn't a new concept for console editions of games.
A lot of console players aren't PC or hardware savvy though, so I do my best to give you guys all the information possible. That way you're aware of exactly why the console has the limitations it does. Exactly why it doesn't have the same content the PC has. It's also one of the reasons that the MD5 issues have prevailed for so long.

Also, just FYI. I play on the console also. Usually split-screen, and on my PS4.

Muggs
06-27-2018, 10:10 PM
SylenThunder how many MD5's have you had on PS4.You know mine is...I don't know alot of alot. Anyway was thinking of switching systems. So how many you have?

SylenThunder
06-27-2018, 10:42 PM
I only once have had one crash very early on, and I'm pretty sure it was my own fault.

The reason we don't get MD5 on the PS4 is because the file system is completely different. The XB1 has the MD5 issues primarily because of the way the file system is, and how it saves the game data. The issue has more to do with the software on the console itself, than it does with the actual game client.

WAR1OCK
06-28-2018, 04:11 AM
Really cool to see that an update is coming ! Bought the game yesterday and I like it, really feel the Walking Dead vibe with the right settings :excitement:

Does upgrading the game engine to Unity 2017 mean the visual is going to change heavily ?

MJS101104
06-28-2018, 02:16 PM
Really cool to see that an update is coming ! Bought the game yesterday and I like it, really feel the Walking Dead vibe with the right settings :excitement:

Does upgrading the game engine to Unity 2017 mean the visual is going to change heavily ?

Ummm, honestly? No one but the console development/porting team really knows what the update will bring for the game. It's a waiting game at this point to be frank. Expectations seem to be rather high, which isn't inherently good or bad in and of itself, but I have strong doubts this engine upgrade is going to see much improvement in graphics quality.

Outlaw_187
06-28-2018, 04:21 PM

According to the original post of this thread, the unity update will allow better optimization, helping to track down some persistent bugs (hopefully for our poor xbox brothers & sisters) and to add more features from A15 & A16. Its purely a guess from us as to what all we'll see. It sure is exciting though.

Anyway, welcome to 7 Days to Die WAR1LOCK. Glad to have you aboard with this amazing game!!

ShaneWalsh
06-28-2018, 08:13 PM
I only once have had one crash very early on, and I'm pretty sure it was my own fault.

The reason we don't get MD5 on the PS4 is because the file system is completely different. The XB1 has the MD5 issues primarily because of the way the file system is, and how it saves the game data. The issue has more to do with the software on the console itself, than it does with the actual game client.
Hey boss, A few quick questions

I have both Xbox and Ps4 Pro= Which console runs better, looks better and with less crashes?

Will update improve graphics?

Will update improve stability?

Is it too soon or possible we could possibly see new vehicles or gyrocopter?

Will we get the infamous Comboud Bow

Thank you for your time and patience!

SylenThunder
06-28-2018, 11:51 PM
Hey boss, A few quick questions

I have both Xbox and Ps4 Pro= Which console runs better, looks better and with less crashes?
PS4 hands down in every category. Been this way for years. XB1-x might get a couple of exclusive titles with very slightly better graphics than the PS4, but historically PlayStation wins almost every time.

Will update improve graphics?
I cannot say for certain, but I would hope that the added optimization will allow the console to use the same resolution textures as the PC.

Will update improve stability?
It absolutely should.

Is it too soon or possible we could possibly see new vehicles or gyrocopter?
On this I'm going to say "too soon". I don't see them bringing them to the console until they are stabilized on the PC version. We don't have them yet on the PC so...

Will we get the infamous Comboud Bow
If we get anything in the next update, this is the one thing I am hoping for the most. Only time will tell though, as we don't really know anything more about the upcoming patch than what Claire or myself have provided already.

WAR1OCK
06-30-2018, 01:32 AM
According to the original post of this thread, the unity update will allow better optimization, helping to track down some persistent bugs (hopefully for our poor xbox brothers & sisters) and to add more features from A15 & A16. Its purely a guess from us as to what all we'll see. It sure is exciting though.

Anyway, welcome to 7 Days to Die WAR1LOCK. Glad to have you aboard with this amazing game!!

Alright, thank you !

Outlaw_187
06-30-2018, 04:03 PM
I still hope we at least get:
1. New zombie types/skins
2. New poi's
3. Distant rendering for poi's
4. Paint
5. Larger Maps
6. Compound Bow

Aything after that is just bonus to me. Obviously most important is optimization but thats more for xbox players. Luckily im on ps4 & dont experience those problems. Hate it for you guys & gals that you all have a much different experience.

GermanPatriot
07-01-2018, 08:25 AM
For me it is absolutely not necessary to have larger Maps. I nearly never explore the whole world map and as long some biomes are more attractive than others, there is no reason to extend map size. Especially having a giant wasteland biome you have to cross after spawning is nothing we would like to see.

But I totally agree with you that we really need the new zombie types because this would be the biggest leap to get the strategy bck into the game. Right now it is not a real challenge to hold off the hordes as long as it takes a million years for coos and feral wights to spawn. It would be a very helpful feature (which probably is easy to implement) to set the share of spwaning enemy types manually. Who likes to play the game the hard way, who likes to get his base totally destroyed if not fortified enough, should be able to let spawn more irradiated cops instead of common crawlers.

Outlaw_187
07-01-2018, 08:50 AM
I see your point on the map size but id still like to have it. Especially if we get all the new poi's & the new socket system for the towns to not all spawn in square shapes & also the distant poi.
However if we dont get that, larger maps would pretty much be useless.

Ive actually never uncovered an entire map either. Come close on my 1st map which was navezgane.

GermanPatriot
07-01-2018, 09:24 AM
If new POIs and the new town shape system is coming I am with you. But I think it should be implemented along with the new motorbike which needs to be fast to keep balance between map size and the amount of travel time.
Along that, it would be very cool to set the game stage to start with manually. Who needs a challenge can have hard hordes right from the beginning.

crazywildfire
07-01-2018, 09:57 AM
Not going to say they will not do something different for console but most likely anything they do add will be what the vanilla PC version has. So I doubt console will have any settings as to making the horde night as to what you are describing. They do have a increase of zombies that you can change for this but if you have it maxed out doesn't mean the first one you get maxed out. It kinda has a balance system built into it depending on what level you are how long since you have died and such. But either just having them put that part on console would be nice.

As far a bigger maps for console I don't feel they need to do it. Even with the new town layout and such. They can still do what they need to do with the way the map size is. Keeping it the size it is will make it so they can do more with the game as well. If they can make it bigger and still do just as much then so be it I will not complain. I just don't see the need for it with the way console is set up and such.

Outlaw_187
07-01-2018, 02:55 PM
Good points. Hell im just excited for whatever we get. Im taking a brief brake from 7dtd to play god of war. But soon as the update drops....im back in.

Cant wait to see what we get & what unity 2017 can do for consoles.

crazywildfire
07-01-2018, 05:16 PM
Good points. Hell im just excited for whatever we get. Im taking a brief brake from 7dtd to play god of war. But soon as the update drops....im back in.

Cant wait to see what we get & what unity 2017 can do for consoles.

That I agree with but been playing all kinds of games. I will jump on the console when the update hits but will be a mixture of this and red dead redemption 2. Got a feeling the update will be out around that time give or take lol. Oh and the new spider man game looking promising.

kilgore_trout87
07-01-2018, 10:57 PM
It would be nice if we could get a little more transparency with these update posts.

I think for the most part everyone assumed there would eventually be some substantive update before year-end.

Also, since I'm not a game dev, "they're working on upgrading to Unity 2017" doesn't mean much to me. I know you said they'd be able to port some PC features. Cool. Which ones?

I think your console users would have more faith in TFP if they could offer us 1/1,000,000 of the info they constantly offer PC players about upcoming updates.

I don't think people would be nearly as frustrated if you told them: here's what we would like to try to port to console at this time--we make no guarantees.

People might be bummed if they don't get some stuff you told them they might, but they won't feel nearly so abandoned.

Daygorath
07-02-2018, 01:22 AM
Hi I've been playing 7 days to die for a while and I was wondering if the console up date will be coming soon

kilgore_trout87
07-02-2018, 02:50 AM
Depends on your scale.

From a geological or evolutionary perspective, I'm sure there will be more news very soon.

If you're looking at it in terms of the general lifecycle of videogames, then no, probably not.

kilgore_trout87
07-02-2018, 03:09 AM
Ummm, honestly? No one but the console development/porting team really knows what the update will bring for the game. It's a waiting game at this point to be frank. Expectations seem to be rather high, which isn't inherently good or bad in and of itself, but I have strong doubts this engine upgrade is going to see much improvement in graphics quality.

Why don't they fill us in on that then?

worf3k
07-02-2018, 04:03 AM
When you log into here it brings you a screen that as which version pc or console for console info choose console this form is pc i wish people would stop asking about console on the pc forums.

MJS101104
07-02-2018, 04:48 AM
Why don't they fill us in on that then?

As I do not work for TFP, TT, or IG, beats the hell out of me. However, I could make a few suppositions if you'd like. Which you will find below if you are interested. Fair warning though, some of my reasoning might seem insulting to the developers. That's not the intent however, they are included for the sake of speculation not as fact or accusation.

REASONS DEVELOPERS CAN'T OR WON'T FILL US IN

1. They aren't sure themselves.
As far as I know(and I could be wrong) Unity is still a relatively new game engine platform for consoles, so it's entirely possible the developers themselves aren't exactly sure what they will and/or will not be able to do/add even with the updated engine. Given the limitations of the consoles as being barely above basic spec requirements this seems like a viable reason. Granted they could just come out and say as much, but that's another topic entirely. The point is, they might not be sure themselves beyond what it allows for bug fixes and don't want to get peoples hopes to high. Personally, I think this is the most likely reason. Which is why I started with it.

2. They are just incompetent.
Maybe the developers are incompetent at game design or porting the game, or both. I'm not sure I'd buy this one considering how many new survival genre games have been popping up. The genre was rare and extremely poorly done before 7 Days to Die came to consoles. Arguably showing other developers there is a market for the genre. Though, none of them have created an entirely destructive environment like 7 Days to Die has with its voxel style as far as I know. Which speaks volumes about their competence, both the original developers and the team responsible for the console port. So seems highly unlikely to be a viable reason.

3. They are just donkeyholes.
It's possible, though unlikely in my opinion, that the developers just don't care and are major donkeyholes. This argument is made often, and repeatedly, by many people. Including yourself, Kilgore. Personally, I have my doubts for this one based on the efforts and time put in trying to improve the console experience. As I've stated before on these forums, given the fact that the console version was released as a finished product based on the Alpha 14 version of the PC game the developers are under no obligation to inlude more content. They could have just stuck with fixing the bugs that could be fixed and left it at that. They didn't, choosing instead to add new content, optimization, even updating the engine as we see coming sooner or later. That alone leads me to believe this possible reason is highly unlikely. I could be wrong, I admit, but I seriously doubt it based on the evidence I have seen.

Anyway, there are my three primary reasons why the developers might not be sharing the exact details of what an updated engine will bring. As I state above, I personally think the reason is number 1. They just aren't sure themselves what can and can't be added. Given the things I know thus far, such as console limitations, that seems the most viable explanation to me.

Gazz
07-02-2018, 04:55 AM
There is also a 4.: Not allowed to.

The publisher who pays for development gets to decide what announcements are made when.

kilgore_trout87
07-02-2018, 05:00 AM
When you log into here it brings you a screen that as which version pc or console for console info choose console this form is pc i wish people would stop asking about console on the pc forums.

That's incorrect. You are in the console forum. I'm sorry it's such an inconvenience to you that there exists a forum for console players.

- - - Updated - - -

The publisher who pays for development gets to decide what announcements are made when.

That's kind of what I'm getting at. That seems like a middle finger from TFP to console users when they go so far out of their way to show off every new idea they have to PC players.

MJS101104
07-02-2018, 05:06 AM

"this form is pc"
This IS the console section worf3k. Why don't you try sticking to the PC boards instead of coming to the console section to tell people what to do. Given you apparently can't tell the difference yourself it semms likely you've been reading console section posts thinking they are in the PC section. That's entirely on you.

"i wish people would stop asking about console on the pc forums."
I find it funny, and a bit ironic, that you are telling console players to stay off the PC forums on the CONSOLE forums and claiming this thread is for the PC. You are guilty of exactly what you're accusing console players of genius. Maybe you should take your own advice, huh?

MJS101104
07-02-2018, 05:10 AM

Very true. I forgot about that one. Although, the fact you even bothered to respond at all lends some credense to my "they are not just donkholes who don't care" view. :)

MJS101104
07-02-2018, 05:20 AM
That's kind of what I'm getting at. That seems like a middle finger from TFP to console users when they go so far out of their way to show off every new idea they have to PC players.

No, gonna have to disagree with you there. Which you likely expected. TFP are responsible for the PC version being developed. Them updating their primary audience isn't a middle finger to anyone. If it seems like it to you, that's entirely on you and how you choose to see it, no? I mean, the two versions have seperate sections and TFP isn't posting their ideas for PC in the console sections. Meaning, to see what their new ideas are you have to go looking in the PC section for them.

kilgore_trout87
07-02-2018, 05:41 AM
No, gonna have to disagree with you there. Which you likely expected. TFP are responsible for the PC version being developed. Them updating their primary audience isn't a middle finger to anyone. If it seems like it to you, that's entirely on you and how you choose to see it, no? I mean, the two versions have seperate sections and TFP isn't posting their ideas for PC in the console sections. Meaning, to see what their new ideas are you have to go looking in the PC section for them.

Right...TT and IG put a gun in the face of Madmole and demanded, "You let us do a ♥♥♥♥ty port of your game or else!"

Is that not what happened?

If TT and IG didn't force TFP to let them port the game at gunpoint, TFP ought to have a vested interest in what happens with their IP. Their detached "not our problem" attitude is naive and unprofessional.

crazywildfire
07-02-2018, 06:37 AM
"this form is pc"
This IS the console section worf3k. Why don't you try sticking to the PC boards instead of coming to the console section to tell people what to do. Given you apparently can't tell the difference yourself it semms likely you've been reading console section posts thinking they are in the PC section. That's entirely on you.

"i wish people would stop asking about console on the pc forums."
I find it funny, and a bit ironic, that you are telling console players to stay off the PC forums on the CONSOLE forums and claiming this thread is for the PC. You are guilty of exactly what you're accusing console players of genius. Maybe you should take your own advice, huh?

9 out 10 times someone post from the PC section to console is that when they log on into the site from a PC they click on latest post and most of the time not paying attention that it is console or PC. They see part of the title that might be similar to a topic in PC and then click and post. I would about put money on it that is what happened here just a mix up on the topic and where they was posting. I really doubt he scrolled down to the console section and clicked and posted. Anyway it has happened several times and probably will happen again lol.

Right...TT and IG put a gun in the face of Madmole and demanded, "You let us do a ♥♥♥♥ty port of your game or else!"

Is that not what happened?

If TT and IG didn't force TFP to let them port the game at gunpoint, TFP ought to have a vested interest in what happens with their IP. Their detached "not our problem" attitude is naive and unprofessional.

Let's see if I can put this in the right way. TFP have no control over the console updates. I have no clue what legal papers they did and such but what we do know is they don't deal with console. They will try and help here on the forums and such if able but other then that the only thing they do is send over files and let the console team handle it.

Based on the info given to us the only thing we know is TT seen a game that they thought was good enough to be a finished game when PC was in A14. So TT reached out to TFP and they worked out whatever they worked out. TFP main goal is to work on the PC version and finish the game they started. So TT got IG to handle the porting for console so TFP can focus on the goal they started and the people that invested in it wouldn't feel abandoned.

So pretty much that is the way it is give or take. We have no clue what 100% was in the deal they made and signed and we will never know it isn't nobody business what deals they make behind closed doors. All we have to know is TT is the publisher for console and they have IG handle they ports for console. It is up to them to release info and such for console not TFP as they only send the files over to the TT and IG. The reason why TT and IG don't share information well it could be 100s of reasons. When it comes down to it well you accept it or not either way it isn't going to change.

MJS101104
07-02-2018, 07:14 AM
9 out 10 times someone post from the PC section to console is that when they log on into the site from a PC they click on latest post and most of the time not paying attention that it is console or PC. They see part of the title that might be similar to a topic in PC and then click and post. I would about put money on it that is what happened here just a mix up on the topic and where they was posting. I really doubt he scrolled down to the console section and clicked and posted. Anyway it has happened several times and probably will happen again lol.

I know that's likely what happened. I just find it stupid when people try to chastise other people for doing something they themselves did.

crazywildfire
07-02-2018, 09:00 AM
I know that's likely what happened. I just find it stupid when people try to chastise other people for doing something they themselves did.

Yeah I understand.

vegasdrm2020
07-02-2018, 10:29 AM
Has anyone from TFP, Telltale, or anyone from the developers updated us since the begiing of this thread? Bashing people does not get us updates.

Clare
07-02-2018, 12:49 PM
**This message will also be added to the original post to prevent info being lost**

Hi all,

A player voiced concern that it does not look like I read this thread. It is also going off topic so I wanted to clear some things up before we get back on track.

I do keep up to date with the News and Announcements threads, daily as much as I can after initial release, and after that I catch up every few days. If I have new information to share it will be given a new post. I will not give new information in the body of a post where is could get lost (handy timing to answer your question Vegasdrm2020). As with all posts in this section, all the information I have is contained in the original post, I do not have further details beyond that. When I do have information on a potential release date, what could be contained in the patch etc there will be a new Message from the Team post.

I do however, read all that is posted and pass feedback to the team when required.

Any issues you have that you want troubleshooting assistance on should be posted in the Console Bug Reports section. I will not chase bugs here.

The Fun Pimps are the creators of the game, they work on the PC version of the game and pass items for porting to the console team when they are deemed finished or ready. On occasion they help to collaborate on a bug fix for something that may exist on PC also (this also works in reverse as console has helped PC in the past)

Any new information passed to me from TT is posted in the News and Announcements section of the forums. I understand that some players can get frustrated that PC receive more regular information and it can look like Console is abandoned. This is not the case, console is not abandoned, when there is more information to share, I will share it immediately.

All support for console is being run from the Console Bug Reports section and as a reminder here is the description of my role - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?61911-04-21-Title-Change-and-Clare-ification

dingbat963963
07-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Can you just fix the multiplayer itís literally been almost 2 years kind of a p*** take like

Come on bigboi
07-02-2018, 01:47 PM
Thank you for hearing me out

GermanPatriot
07-02-2018, 02:07 PM
**This message will also be added to the original post to prevent info being lost**

Hi all,

I do keep up to date with the News and Announcements threads, daily as much as I can after initial release, and after that I catch up every few days. If I have new information to share it will be given a new post. With exception tI will not give new information in the body of a post where is could get lost (handy timing to answer your question Vegasdrm2020). As with all posts in this section, all the information I have is contained in the original post, I do not have further details beyond that. When I do have information on a potential release date, what could be contained in the patch etc there will be a new Message from the Team post.

Some guys don't get that you don't have more information than given and that it can be very exhausting to find your way through a thread full of blaming persons. Be sure that we will be patient until the patch comes. But after all, TT and IG should take the point that they will lose support if they don't give some information what they are trying to port from time to time. Customers don't like to pay for products with an almost totally unknown amount of coming content.

Thanks for the clar-e-fication to everyone who can't stop posting without all necessary information.I hope this post was the last one needed to stop this chaos.

crazywildfire
07-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Some guys don't get that you don't have more information than given and that it can be very exhausting to find your way through a thread full of blaming persons. Be sure that we will be patient until the patch comes. But after all, TT and IG should take the point that they will lose support if they don't give some information what they are trying to port from time to time. Customers don't like to pay for products with an almost totally unknown amount of coming content.

Thanks for the clar-e-fication to everyone who can't stop posting without all necessary information.I hope this post was the last one needed to stop this chaos.

The thing is this similar type of post been made 100s of times but the stuff still gets brought up over and over again. But one can only hope I guess.

kilgore_trout87
07-02-2018, 04:26 PM
TFP have no control over the console updates.

Again, this is false, and you know it's false. Stop making bad faith arguments to defend TFP's unethical behavior.

TT and IG can't add content or features from PC until TFP give them the go ahead, as I'm almost certain you are aware.

Gazz
07-02-2018, 05:29 PM
What it means is that TFP do not have the power to initiate a console update. Never did.

That decision is up to TT Games because they fund the development of any such thing.

kilgore_trout87
07-02-2018, 08:48 PM
What it means is that TFP do not have the power to initiate a console update. Never did.

That decision is up to TT Games because they fund the development of any such thing.

So, you're saying TFP have sent TT what they need to update the console version already, or are you speaking hypothetically? If you're doing the latter, it sure seems like you're trying to brush off TFP's responsibility in the process of updating consoles.

Gmad03
07-02-2018, 09:18 PM
More than likely tfp have already sent stuff over to ig as soon as itís finished. Iím assuming that the console team is a small team that can only go so fast. Iíd also assume that they probably are not a permanent team could be pulled from another project to do the updates from time to time. I definitely would like more frequent updates but as we can see it will not happen very often. Iíd recommend trying Conan exiles while we wait for the new update.

SylenThunder
07-02-2018, 10:00 PM
So, you're saying TFP have sent TT what they need to update the console version already, or are you speaking hypothetically? If you're doing the latter, it sure seems like you're trying to brush off TFP's responsibility in the process of updating consoles.
It's like you're trying really hard not to understand what everyone has been telling you.

Let's try making this as basic as possible.

FACT: The Fun Pimps are still designing the PC version.
FACT: The PC version is the ALPHA Development stage.
FACT: The PC version is NOT sold as a completed product. Core features are still being developed, and even completely re-designed from the ground up.
FACT: The Fun Pimps DID NOT develop the console ports.
FACT: The Fun Pimps DO NOT sell the console port.
FACT: TellTale Games went to The Fun Pimps requesting permission to create a console port.
FACT: TellTale Games hired Iron Galaxy to develop the console port.
FACT: The console version is sold through the Publisher, TellTale Games.
FACT: The console port is sold as a finished product of the PC Alpha version 14.7.
FACT: If a feature in the newer PC Alpha version is deemed completed, it is passed on to Iron Galaxy to work it into the console version.
FACT: The console barely meets the minimum requirements of the PC version.
FACT: Because the console does not have the hardware to support the full features of the PC version, consolations have been made.
FACT: Because the console does not have the hardware to support the full features of the PC version, finished PC features may not ever appear on the console.
FACT: Because Iron Galaxy is developing the console port, they have the final say as to whether a feature will be added, or even attempted to be added. Regardless of whether The Fun Pimps consider it completed enough for adding to the console port.
FACT: Optimization from the upgrade to Unity 2017 may allow more features to be added to the console.
It probably will not allow for every feature though.
FACT: There has been absolutely zero indication of any interest in expanding the multiplayer capability of the console. This is most likely due to the severe hardware limitations of the console.
FACT: The Fun Pimps ARE NOT responsible for updating the console ports.

I think that covers everything.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, take your time reading and understanding each line completely and fully before you hit the Reply or New Thread button again.

Also, stop derailing this thread.

Orsey
07-02-2018, 11:23 PM
FACT: The Fun Pimps are still designing the PC version.
FACT: The PC version is the ALPHA Development stage.
FACT: The PC version is NOT sold as a completed product. Core features are still being developed, and even completely re-designed from the ground up.
FACT: The Fun Pimps DID NOT develop the console ports.
FACT: The Fun Pimps DO NOT sell the console port.
FACT: TellTale Games went to The Fun Pimps requesting permission to create a console port.
FACT: TellTale Games hired Iron Galaxy to develop the console port.
FACT: The console version is sold through the Publisher, TellTale Games.
FACT: The console port is sold as a finished product of the PC Alpha version 14.7.
FACT: If a feature in the newer PC Alpha version is deemed completed, it is passed on to Iron Galaxy to work it into the console version.
FACT: The console barely meets the minimum requirements of the PC version.
FACT: Because the console does not have the hardware to support the full features of the PC version, consolations have been made.
FACT: Because the console does not have the hardware to support the full features of the PC version, finished PC features may not ever appear on the console.
FACT: Because Iron Galaxy is developing the console port, they have the final say as to whether a feature will be added, or even attempted to be added. Regardless of whether The Fun Pimps consider it completed enough for adding to the console port.
FACT: Optimization from the upgrade to Unity 2017 may allow more features to be added to the console.
It probably will not allow for every feature though.
FACT: There has been absolutely zero indication of any interest in expanding the multiplayer capability of the console. This is most likely due to the severe hardware limitations of the console.
FACT: The Fun Pimps ARE NOT responsible for updating the console ports.

kilgore_trout87, If after this you do not understand that you made a mistake with the address, contact your doctor ...

kilgore_trout87
07-03-2018, 12:02 AM
Who licensed the console version to TT? Did they steal it? SylvenThunder was under the impression that TFP licensed the game to TT. If they stole TFP's content, then TFP should sue TT.

You and I both know that TFP licensed the game to TT though.

The console port is sold as a finished product of the PC Alpha version 14.7.

Didn't see that anywhere on the description on the PS4 store, nore is that information on the box of physical copies of the game.

Because Iron Galaxy is developing the console port, they have the final say as to whether a feature will be added, or even attempted to be added.

But TFP have initial say in what gets ported. That's the pertinent point here. IG can't port anything that TFP hasn't given them. As for the condescending PCMR rant, spare me. I'm aware consoles are not high-end gaming PCs.

The Fun Pimps ARE NOT responsible for updating the console ports.

Legally, no. At least probably not. You can read though, and I'm sure you're aware I'm arguing matters of ethics, not matters of law.

I understand that the rushed licensing deal with TT didn't wind up as lucrative as TFP had hoped. But that is not the fault of consumers who paid $40 for the game. I get it. Sour grapes. It's not console players' fault that TFP made an ethically dubious gamble that didn't pay off.

There's two ways TFP could respond to this blunder: 1) well, that didn't go as well as we'd hoped; still we ought to protect our brand. We should lean on TT and IG to make the game better and see if we can make our money back on a secondary launch; maybe if we make the game better and more robust, then TT can use their sway with Sony and Microsoft to get the improved version on Microsoft Gold/PS+. 2) Well, that was a bummer. Oh well, not our problem. Hopefully we can play defense against the widespread abysmal critic scores of the hasty console port.

The latter strategy may work. It's still not a good idea.

maughanorama
07-03-2018, 11:50 AM
i dont care any more i just want the update asap :) and lighting back and possibly a fishing rod lol

Damselx1
07-03-2018, 05:20 PM
I'm hoping for the new town layouts, more zombie types and paint.

Mjtp
07-03-2018, 06:34 PM
New town layout is also on my list :)
And a solution to MD5!

The rest is imo less important since new content will most prolly hurt stability.

First a product that works plz

warmunger1717
07-03-2018, 08:14 PM
Hello Clare you mentioned that people say you guys abandoned the project, well look at the facts. We understand that you as a community mod, you canít tell us anything if there is nothing to tell, but who ever made the decision not to talk to the console community is a bad call. It does makes us console people feel that the project has been. abandoned or the team does not care to talk to us. Even if it something small all we ask from the team is to talk to us. Keeing quiet for months with out saying a word is not good business. So I hope you and your team understand the frustration between the console community and we the community do hope your team can change the policy of ď if there is nohing to say we will be quiet for monthsĒ. Thank you and I do hope you will read this and pass it to the team Thank you and have a good day

SylenThunder
07-03-2018, 09:26 PM
Hello Clare you mentioned that people say you guys abandoned the project, well look at the facts. We understand that you as a community mod, you can’t tell us anything if there is nothing to tell, but who ever made the decision not to talk to the console community is a bad call. It does makes us console people feel that the project has been. abandoned or the team does not care to talk to us. Even if it something small all we ask from the team is to talk to us. Keeing quiet for months with out saying a word is not good business. So I hope you and your team understand the frustration between the console community and we the community do hope your team can change the policy of “ if there is nohing to say we will be quiet for months”. Thank you and I do hope you will read this and pass it to the team Thank you and have a good day
I said this several pages ago. It's not so much that they "made the decision" to keep everyone in the dark. It is that this is standard operating procedure for console developers.

Given how un-informed and reactive most of the console player base is, shows that this is just common sense in the console arena. I really honestly do not know how to say it without offending anyone, but there is a huge difference in the overall mindset between PC gamers and Console gamers that causes this lack of open discussion.

For the most part, you won't hear about upcoming features, changes, or content until it's set in stone. Even then they will remain tight lipped.

It's not just TTG/IG doing this. It's the console industry as a whole. If you can find my previous post regarding the matter, I may have linked a very detailed article on exactly why things are like this, and how it became the industry standard. It goes back more than 30 years. Habits like that are difficult to change. Especially in a large industry such as this. No one wants to be the guinea pig.

Opathic
07-04-2018, 02:03 AM
So when are you going to fix the md5 problem, I can care less about adding new features. I am tired of losing all my stuff that I hunt for. A lot of time is wasted looking for stuff and then the md5 hits and takes it all away. If there is no solution then what's the point about playing this game anymore. Your going to lose your fan base for this, if you dont do anything about it. Quit adding things from the pc and fix the major bugs and glitches first, then add things from the pc.

Outlaw_187
07-04-2018, 05:01 AM
Im gonna be honest here. If i was a developer and i read all the whining and complaining and just straight up negativity on here, id say "to hell with all you" and i'd abandon the game.

I honestly feel sorry for you xbox users, i really do. Sounds like you all have such a bad experience with this game. Its not right, in fact it's complete BS. I dont know if the work arounds actually work, ive heard some say they do, and some say they don't.
However it's been said NUMEROUS times these are mainly due to how microsoft's save function works.

I check on the forums often, hoping to see any new news about the next update, and all i see on here is negativity and complaining. Also there are numerous threads created with yet more complaining and whining.

The fact is they are still working on this game & we are getting new updates containg an engine upgrade (unity 2017) along with new content from A15 & A16.......FOR FREE!!! Not to mention all the other updates & bug fixes we've received over the past 2 years.

I wouldnt be surprised or really even blame them if after this they do say "F it, we're done". People are so ungrateful.

I love this game & have been more than pleased with everything IG and TT have given us, and im very appreciative!!

I just hope everyone involved in the game sees and hears us who have faith in them and love the game for what it is. Obviously voxel games are taxing on our consoles & there are bugs that seem hard to fix. If they were easy to fix, it would've been done by now.

Thank you Fun Pimps, Iron Galaxy, and TellTale for an amazing game and look forward to this new update. Cant wait to see yet how much better this game will be than it already is!!

SylenThunder
07-04-2018, 11:34 AM
So when are you going to fix the md5 problem, I can care less about adding new features. I am tired of losing all my stuff that I hunt for. A lot of time is wasted looking for stuff and then the md5 hits and takes it all away. If there is no solution then what's the point about playing this game anymore. Your going to lose your fan base for this, if you dont do anything about it. Quit adding things from the pc and fix the major bugs and glitches first, then add things from the pc.
The MD5 issue is mostly because of Microsoft. I would hope that the new optimization will help reduce it. It's hard to say though given that the primary cause is specifically the file system in place, and how the saves are handled.

We had a similar issue on the PC version, and it was resolved. However the hybrid file system in use on the X-Box makes it so the PC fix doesn't work. If Microsoft would stop using FATX/FAT32, and would upgrade the consoles to the industry standard of NTFS, then this would not be an issue at all. (It's really sad that Microsoft even made NTFS the standard back in 2000, and still won't use it on their consoles.)

crazywildfire
07-04-2018, 12:50 PM
The MD5 issue is mostly because of Microsoft. I would hope that the new optimization will help reduce it. It's hard to say though given that the primary cause is specifically the file system in place, and how the saves are handled.

We had a similar issue on the PC version, and it was resolved. However the hybrid file system in use on the X-Box makes it so the PC fix doesn't work. If Microsoft would stop using FATX/FAT32, and would upgrade the consoles to the industry standard of NTFS, then this would not be an issue at all. (It's really sad that Microsoft even made NTFS the standard back in 2000, and still won't use it on their consoles.)

I understand all the issues and such. My question to you and just a question that I know you can only answer the best you can as I know you are not working on the ports and all that stuff.... So with the unity update I would imagine the console version wouldn't be much different then what they been having to do with the PC with having to I guess rewrite most of the files and such. (Maybe not the best words to use but I'm sure you understand) If doing all this would this not maybe be the best time to look at a different option on how it saves? I mean I get it before the time it takes to do this and such it wouldn't make sense. But now they have to rewrite a bunch of stuff would it not make sense that now would be a good time to look at this option of maybe doing something different with the saves knowing the issue it has? Or does this involve something totally different then what it is they are having to rewrite? What I mean by this is yes I understand it is totally different but is it something that is still to much out of the way to do different to do?

SylenThunder
07-04-2018, 01:23 PM
That's just the thing though. The issue isn't with how the client saves the data. The issue is with how Microsoft's custom OS on the XBox saves the data. Better optimization should bring an improvement/reduction in the amount of data that needs to be processed and saved, which will help to alleviate the issue. The core of the problem though lies in the OS, which is something the dev team will have a problem working around.

Keep in mind also that they aren't writing one client. They have to write two. One for Sony, and one for Microsoft. It's kinda like writing one for Windows ME, and one for Linux.

maughanorama
07-05-2018, 07:27 AM
glad im on PS4 :smile-new:

crazywildfire
07-05-2018, 10:30 AM

Me too but hate to see people having issues and such. So it doesn't hurt to try and find out more info or suggestions that might could help. The worse thing that you get out of it is sorry that will not work.

GermanPatriot
07-05-2018, 11:54 AM

I am too but the last thing we need is words like those. A non-mainstream, non-AAA title like 7DTD only grows by being supported massively by enough players so it would be the worst idea to leave a platform behind. Although I play the game on PS4, the more support the game gets on all available platforms the better it is. So I really hope the MD5 issue on XB1 will be solved very soon. Otherwise (along being happy about not playing on XB1) new customers will choose the PS4 version instead of XB1 version what could lead to a disbalance in supporting both platforms, furthermore it gets minor priority.

crazywildfire
07-05-2018, 12:01 PM
Ok on a little more serious note. Clare would you mind letting the team know while they are working on the update to change the % of the water on the map since we can't do like PC and go change it ourselves. I don't think anyone would complain any if that got tweaked a little. I'm not saying change it a massive amount but just enough to where it doesn't seem like most seeds are nothing but oceans lol. Just a suggestion 😁

MJS101104
07-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Ok on a little more serious note. Clare would you mind letting the team know while they are working on the update to change the % of the water on the map since we can't do like PC and go change it ourselves. I don't think anyone would complain any if that got tweaked a little. I'm not saying change it a massive amount but just enough to where it doesn't seem like most seeds are nothing but oceans lol. Just a suggestion 

I support this suggestion for changing water percentages. Since living near such places are a flippin' nightmare when air drops fall into deep water, it wastes air drops. Either that or allow for the crafting oxygen tanks or a rebreather or something. That's not even getting into the long travel times they create and how you can apparently freeze to death even while wearing +40 temperature clothing.

Also, it would be nice if they would fix the issue with newly planted goldenrod having little flecks of gold floating around it like little fire flies or something. It's as if someone tried to reduce the size of the full size plant by simply shrinking the fully matured plant in an image editing program like GIMP or Photoshop and missed a few of the outer edge sections when the reduced it.

Clare
07-05-2018, 03:26 PM
I shall add it to my suggestion list for the team and see if the generator can be tweaked at all to reduce the amount of water-world style maps. No harm in asking ^_^

crazywildfire
07-05-2018, 03:31 PM
I shall add it to my suggestion list for the team and see if the generator can be tweaked at all to reduce the amount of water-world style maps. No harm in asking ^_^

Thanks, you are awesome as always and yes no harm at all in asking especially something that is doable. If nothing else they say no and we just live with it lol.

crazywildfire
07-05-2018, 03:37 PM
I support this suggestion for changing water percentages. Since living near such places are a flippin' nightmare when air drops fall into deep water, it wastes air drops. Either that or allow for the crafting oxygen tanks or a rebreather or something. That's not even getting into the long travel times they create and how you can apparently freeze to death even while wearing +40 temperature clothing.

I wasn't even thinking about this but good point lol. I was just thinking in general because console is a smaller map and all that water is pretty much useless and a big pain in general. On PC it is still a pain to get around but so much more space for land as well. Although I have put in a few PC seeds that been mostly water lol. But again this where I can go in the files and change some stuff around and make that seed have less water and such where as in console we don't get that option.

Outlaw_187
07-05-2018, 09:08 PM
Ok on a little more serious note. Clare would you mind letting the team know while they are working on the update to change the % of the water on the map since we can't do like PC and go change it ourselves. I don't think anyone would complain any if that got tweaked a little. I'm not saying change it a massive amount but just enough to where it doesn't seem like most seeds are nothing but oceans lol. Just a suggestion 😁

Good idea on the water percentage, ive never really thought about that.
Of course i can see people reading this and saying "no, instead we need a wasteland percentage measure".
Remember the numerous posts regarding wastleland, dogs, & landmines....??!!

But yes, good idea. I think ive only had an over abundance of water on one seed, maybe two, to where it was a pain as MJS stated.
The more customization, the better in my opinion!

tmkad
07-05-2018, 09:21 PM
I bought this game years ago from game stop and it was marketed as a full game. I'm happy to hear there is an update but it BETTER fix the crash problem. I've felt for years I wasted my money and told everyone who came in to buy the game on console about the glitch that deleted all your stuff. And I'm happy to say I've deterred a good deal. What some people here don't understand is that when you buy a game at the store and it's marketed as a full game you expect to be able to at least to the bare bones stuff. How do you survive if your base and supplies keep disappearing. That's a game that should have never made it to the shelf. I loved the concept of the game and the building but what's the point when it crashes all the time. When will this update arrive?

crazywildfire
07-06-2018, 05:41 AM
Good idea on the water percentage, ive never really thought about that.
Of course i can see people reading this and saying "no, instead we need a wasteland percentage measure".
Remember the numerous posts regarding wastleland, dogs, & landmines....??!!

But yes, good idea. I think ive only had an over abundance of water on one seed, maybe two, to where it was a pain as MJS stated.
The more customization, the better in my opinion!

True but with that said all that stuff was intended. Not so sure water was intended to be so massive and it might not really be so massive it is just that they had to shrink the map size vs PC map size so it just ends up being so much on a smaller map. One thing for sure on console is you never have to worry about going thirsty as of now. Also it might not add a bunch but all the water that could be more land could generate another town or two. It may or may not change but it definitely worth asking lol.

MJS101104
07-06-2018, 08:59 AM
I bought this game years ago from game stop and it was marketed as a full game. I'm happy to hear there is an update but it BETTER fix the crash problem. I've felt for years I wasted my money and told everyone who came in to buy the game on console about the glitch that deleted all your stuff. And I'm happy to say I've deterred a good deal. What some people here don't understand is that when you buy a game at the store and it's marketed as a full game you expect to be able to at least to the bare bones stuff. How do you survive if your base and supplies keep disappearing. That's a game that should have never made it to the shelf. I loved the concept of the game and the building but what's the point when it crashes all the time. When will this update arrive?

Oh man, this is getting so old. The only ones who seem to be experiencing base resets are XBOX players. While I sympathize with the plight of XBOX players, the primary cause of the MD5 errors has been explained over and over, ad infinitum. It's an error caused by how the XBOX handles saving data. It's a hardware issue with the system itself, not a software issue. Not much the console team can do unless MICROSOFT changes how their system saves the data.

Seriously, how is this not sinking in at this point? Maybe we'll get lucky and the engine update will have a work around, but I have a feeling if that were possible it would have already happened.

And if you're telling PS4 owners about the base reset "glitch" to discourage them, then you're lying to them. It's an XBOX only issue.

maughanorama
07-06-2018, 12:41 PM
again.. glad i have a ps4. dont have microshaft anything. PS4 & linux only

xxtommyboy214xx
07-06-2018, 12:54 PM
Clare how long have you been a manager for these forums and do you like it?

Clare
07-06-2018, 01:00 PM
While I can't comment on what causes MD5 errors as I don't have those details, I'm afraid to say though they are very rare, MD5 errors can happen on PS4 and have been reported since the last patch, though the trigger is possibly a different one.

- - - Updated - - -

Clare how long have you been a manager for these forums and do you like it?

I've been the Console Community Manager since the Console launch in June 2016 and I very much enjoy being the CM :)

SylenThunder
07-06-2018, 01:38 PM
Can confirm. I have had the crash once on my PS4. I know it was my own damn fault too though, as I was trying to stress the system as much as possible.

s7vÄn
07-06-2018, 06:40 PM
Hi survivors, already very happy to see this forum resume thread and I take this opportunity to make my suggestions:
- to be able to turn the blocks in all the directions (some are blocking what makes certain construction impossible and its frustrates me a lot personally)
- obviously painting, new zeds and new POIs would be so awesome.
- ability to write in spliscreen.
- jumped being very close to a bloc (if I'm too close to a block my character makes a small jump which can be very embarrassing when dogs want to eat my ass).
otherwise I ask myself 2 questions, why there are never any lumberjacks during the night hordes?
Is it possible to find all the buildings of navezgane on a random gen map? not necessarily on a single map, but after a dozen map and hundreds hours I have never had a cave with the doors, the lumberjack camp, the docks, and ever more.
Sorry for my mistakes or wrong sentences , I read regularly this forum (PC and consoles) but speaking poor English has hard to understand fully and reply correctly like you can see.
To all those who make this beautiful game possible and all these FREE updates as well as all moderators to give us as much information as possible THANK YOU
for all the others,we are late and we know that, so just stop watch/read what happens on PC you hurt yourself for nothing is not realy the "same" game . Personally i will stop watching videos of the alpha 17 as it will come out
can't wait to have at list the patch note :D

Outlaw_187
07-07-2018, 11:24 PM
........To all those who make this beautiful game possible and all these FREE updates as well as all moderators to give us as much information as possible THANK YOU
for all the others,we are late and we know that, so just stop watch/read what happens on PC you hurt yourself for nothing is not realy the "same" game . Personally i will stop watching videos of the alpha 17 as it will come out
can't wait to have at list the patch note :D

Well said at the end there & welcome man. Good question with the lumberjacks!!! Ive never really noticed but you're right, they're the only zombie that doesnt appear on horde nights.....wonder if your base is in the snow biome, they show up?
I know the football stadium is only in navezgane as well and im pretty sure the canyon shop & underground mines dont spawn in random gen either. Also not sure about the red mesa silo.
Hopefully the new updates can change this too.

Daniel_longbow
07-08-2018, 05:40 AM
Why is it taking so long for the update we are better than half way through the year already we are greatful you are working on it vary exsided for the update how long after pcs update till we get are I'm hoping that we will be caught with pc by this up coming year thanks for you guys I love this game so dose many other people I can't wait hoping it will be out less than a month maybe a month and 2 weeks from now keep up the good work Clare and all ur workers hope to be hearing from you soon

crazywildfire
07-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Well said at the end there & welcome man. Good question with the lumberjacks!!! Ive never really noticed but you're right, they're the only zombie that doesnt appear on horde nights.....wonder if your base is in the snow biome, they show up?
I know the football stadium is only in navezgane as well and im pretty sure the canyon shop & underground mines dont spawn in random gen either. Also not sure about the red mesa silo.
Hopefully the new updates can change this too.

I know A16 on PC brought most of everything in navezgane to rwg. So maybe console will get that at least most. Not sure about the skyscrapers but everything else is possible. Just have to wait and see. The red mesa silo is on console now if you visit the seed thread not sure what page it was but someone listed one that had 3 on the map. If console gets the updated town layout it will be cool but the one thing I miss when playing PC is both military bases are in towns and not dirt paths. All you really find now are the houses and the hole in the ground with house cave or whatever you wanna call it. I personally don't find the excitement in exploring as much on PC when playing A16. Oh and pretty sure the canyon is a navezgane thing so doubt it will go to rwg.

Why is it taking so long for the update we are better than half way through the year already we are greatful you are working on it vary exsided for the update how long after pcs update till we get are I'm hoping that we will be caught with pc by this up coming year thanks for you guys I love this game so dose many other people I can't wait hoping it will be out less than a month maybe a month and 2 weeks from now keep up the good work Clare and all ur workers hope to be hearing from you soon

Well the unity update has caused PC to take a long time to get its next release so I'm sure console wouldn't be any exception. This kind of update isn't something that is quickly done really no update is but definitely not this one. It could possibly be fall or winter before console does see it. Always a chance before then don't get hopes up. If it hits before then be happy excited if not then be prepared to wait. As far as catching up to PC I would strongly recommend looking at console as its own game and not put the console version and PC version side by side you will come out being disappointed if you do. Plenty of threads and post of why this is here on the forums. I recommend if you can't look at PC videos here, YouTube, or twitch and see the same game but different and know deep down that some things most likely will not come to console then not to watch them. If you can watch and not let it bother and enjoy a good video then by all means watch away.

K-Lude
07-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Damn, that's wild... I thought for sure the update would have been out by now since last I checked, back in February. I've recently been getting the itch to play again, so fingers crossed that when it comes time to scratch the update will be out, LoL. Oh well, on the bright side, this'll be one hell of a patch!

GermanPatriot
07-10-2018, 12:58 PM
@Clare

Is there a way for you to let the console team rebalance the game to make it hard again? I do not know a thing about the influence you may have on them along telling about what is written on the forum. But there are many players who like to have the option to male the game way harder, especially by implementing tougher enemies. Besides that, the tough guys don't spawn before you hit the "end game" (> day 100, 60 min per day) during horde nights. You can hide in your nuke proof bunker and that's it unfortunately. :/

Clare
07-10-2018, 03:06 PM
I have a list of suggestions I can send onto the team, however the difficulty design is based on the PC version and controlled via gametype when creating the save, plus personal options. I do not know if difficulty will change with the up coming patch and I can certainly add it to my list but harder enemies at later days balancing would likely come from PC rather than the console team implementing it independently.

GermanPatriot
07-10-2018, 03:16 PM
I have a list of suggestions I can send onto the team, however the difficulty design is based on the PC version and controlled via gametype when creating the save, plus personal options. I do not know if difficulty will change with the up coming patch and I can certainly add it to my list but harder enemies at later days balancing would likely come from PC rather than the console team implementing it independently.

Alright, got it. Of course it is unlikely that the console version gets a separate way of balancing. It would be enough to have some options to let there spawn more hard enemies or something like that. No need to get it rebalanced totally. Thank you for responding and setting it on the list, Clare. :)

SylenThunder
07-11-2018, 02:05 PM
New thread out....

Sticky: [07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?85260-07-11-Message-from-the-Team-Progress-update)